ANA All Nippon Airways

"Service was good"

Trip Verified | Tokyo to Beijing. First, the ANA lounge was very nice. There was a sushi bar but I did not try due to a long queue. The noodle bar was more than enough to keep me happy. There was no flatbed seats, but that was quite adequate for a regional flight. Service was good. In-flight meal was fine but was not as good as on ANA's long-haul flights.
RouteTokyo to Beijing
Date FlownOctober 2019

"In-flight meals were exceptional"

Trip Verified | New York to Tokyo Narita. ANA flights depart from Terminal 7 at JFK. Check-in was quick and organized. As a business class passenger, I got access to British Airways Galleries Lounge, which had just been renovated with ample seating. The boarding process was well organized, and staff constantly apologized for the 15-minute-late departure. This gesture first seemed unnecessary, but it demonstrated a culture of discouraging lateness. The seat was not anything special, but comfortable, in both upright and bed modes. In-flight meals were exceptional, and they were easily one of the best airline meals I have ever had. Overall, ANA deserves its 5 stars.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteNew York to Tokyo Narita

"service was superb"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Haneda was fine and service was superb. My return was not so good. After takeoff the crew started to bring out towels and rice crackers. They stopped at row 33 the row in front of me. After a short wait the crew brought out drinks and came to give us, I asked about the rice crackers, crew apologized and started bringing rice crackers and drinks. For dinner service we had a choice of Set A or Set B. We both ordered Set A, and were given 1 for my wife and I was told have a 5 minute wait, minutes later they started with Icecream service and my wife asked about my dinner that they had forgotten. After 10 Minutes they brought to me but I refused. Every time I got up to use restroom I was asked if I wanted a drink, which I said no.
RouteTokyo to Los Angeles
Date FlownNovember 2019

"service was exceptional"

Not Verified | Bangkok to Houston via Tokyo. Fantastic Airline. First time flying with ANA,I was truly impressed. The check-in process (Bangkok) was fast, it took a about 5 minutes. The ground crew was courteous and helpful. The economy leg room was fine for me (5'8"). Seat was fairly comfortable. In flight service was exceptional. A snack before the first of 2 meals for a 12.5hr flight. I'm a vegan, so I elected for the fruit platter for my meals. Fruit was fresh. Plenty of restrooms available and all were spacious and clean. I've flown many Asian carries over the years and I can say this was the best, so far. I can see why ANA is rated as 5 star. I would recommend ANA to anyone. Will definitely travel with them again.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteBangkok to Houston via Tokyo
Date FlownNovember 2019

"I highly recommend ANA to anyone"

Not Verified | Los Angeles to Bangkok via Tokyo. Absolutely fantastic experience on this airline. My girlfriend and I flew to Bangkok, Thailand. Food was served every few hours, hot and tasty for airline food. Stewardesses were courteous, kind, and had not a single hair out of place. We were disappointed that the return flight was serviced by United. The immediate change in enthusiasm, service, and courtesy was very obvious. I highly recommend ANA to anyone traveling to Asia.
RouteLos Angeles to Bangkok via Tokyo
Date FlownOctober 2019

"tried to source compensation"

Trip Verified | I had a domestic flight from Tokyo to Sapporo on 21/09 which I'd booked months in advance. On the morning of my flight, ANA cancelled my flight because the aircraft is no longer available. I tried various contact numbers for an hour and did not get through to customer service. I had to be in Sapporo that evening so I booked with another airline which was £350 more expensive. I didn't have time to go to the airport and hope ANA would get me to Sapporo in time. I've tried to source compensation now I'm back in the U.K but ANA refuse any compensation because they say the lack of aircraft availability was due to adverse weather. This is hard to believe seeing as no other flights were cancelled, the airport was functional and I managed to fly with another airline.
RouteTokyo to Sapporo
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"my surfboard bag was too big"

Trip Verified | Honolulu to Tokyo Haneda. As a traveling surfer I choose an airline that charges the least, or in most cases free (as your 2nd checked), no hassle and stress free. This Check in was a nightmare as I stood at the counter for 45 minutes because my surfboard bag was too big. Finally they accepted the bag and charged me $200 but the hassle was not worth it.
RouteHonolulu to Tokyo Haneda
Date FlownOctober 2019

"I was going to skip one flight"

Trip Verified | I had a ticket from Nagoya to Seattle via Tokyo and I found myself staying in Tokyo longer that I had planned. I called ANA and told them that I would not be getting on the Nagoya to Tokyo flight since I was already in Tokyo, but I would still be getting on the Tokyo to Seattle flight. They said that unless I pay them 12,500 yen ($120), that I would not be allowed to get on my flight from Tokyo to Seattle. They considered that to be changing the ticket. I was simply telling them that I was going to skip one flight but take the other.
RouteNagoya to Seattle via Tokyo
Date FlownJune 2019

"efficient and pleasant FAs"

Trip Verified | Itami to Haneda. Short domestic flight. Osaka Itami airport is under renovation, dusty and unpleasant. Check-in was smooth, domestic lounge was spartan (lunch time but no warm food), boarding was robotic, aircraft was extremely clean, with efficient and pleasant FAs serving drinks.
RouteItami to Haneda
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Good service all in all"

Trip Verified | Tokyo to London. Staff were very friendly, food was nice but only had fish left by the time they got to the back of the plane. In flight entertainment was quite limited in English for such a long flight. Seats were horrendous, the most uncomfortable. Upgrades were heavily priced. Good service all in all, and still superior choice over British Airways and other rivals flying the same route.
RouteTokyo to London