Iberia

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"2 extra inches would make a huge difference"

Trip Verified | Seat was OK itself, but airlines such as Iberia should not be allowed to space seats at 28 inches. I am 5 foot 10 inches and I had to contort my body to not have my knees rubbing against the seat in front. In an emergency, if the seat in front was reclined it would take a lot of time to evacuate. I really think the authorities should make airlines move to at least 30 inches. That 2 extra inches would make a huge difference in a evacuation situation, and certainly much more comfortable to taller people which today seems to be the norm. Also, Iberia does not seem to enforce their 1 bag carry on baggage rules. I saw the supposed to be small personal item just as large as the main carry on bag. The airline cheats you for seat space and the customer cheats on their oversized luggage.
Aircraft TypeA319 / A320
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"Seat comfort is good"

(Guatemala)

Trip Verified | New aircraft and seat looking good. Seat comfort is good but legroom very limited. Seat recycle I think 5”. PTV screen working very fast and good view. That’s I like maximum of this aircraft. Seat width 17.5”. Overall it’s okay for economy class service.
Aircraft TypeA330-200
Date FlownFebruary 2018
Seat Storage 12345

"Horrible legroom on A320"

Verified Review | Horrible legroom on this A320 from Madrid to Rome. Avoid at all costs, unless you are very short. Otherwise, the airline seems normal. But who cares when seats are this cramped. I would try for a different carrier.
Date FlownJuly 2017

"pitch has been reduced"

(Argentina)

Verified Review | I had been told that the newly refurbished seats in Iberia were excellent as they had an entertaiment screen! Starting postively the screens are much better in Iberia economy than in British Airways economy and economy plus, as BA have not refurbished their planes for flights between London and Buenos Aires. The negative however are the new seats that are atrocious! The pitch has been reduced and I noticed that the width has been reduced too. To make matters worse each aisle seat on either side has an entertainment box on the floor which takes up vital space of the very little space that has been provided. I am 5'10 inches tall and of a slim build and found the 12 hour flight very uncomfortable and the seat room inhumane. The seat space would suffice for a flight of less than two hours maximum. Considering that the economy seats are now much more expensive I shall not be flying long distance Iberia in economy again.
Aircraft TypeA330
Date FlownMay 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"seat pitch was below average"

Verified Review | Iberia uses its new A330-200 series from Madrid to Tokyo. The outbound flight was delivered in June 2016, the inbound flight was from January 2016. Both planes were fitted with the latest Iberia economy class equipment, including their new IFE System. There was no electricity available at the seat but USB ports made it possible to charge phones and to connect external devices to the IFE. The IFE screen was comparably small, but the were bright and very clear. Pillows and blankets were waiting for every passenger on their designated seat. The seat itself was relatively narrow with an average seat recline. The seat pitch was below average, which made it very difficult to find a comfortable and relaxing position.Despite rather small personal space the seat itself was rather comfortable. If the seat pitch was more generous, it might actually be possible to find a relatively comfortable position for a 13h long haul flight.
Aircraft TypeA330-200
Date FlownNovember 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"A319 seats very uncomfortable"

(Spain)

A319 seats are very uncomfortable. Nothing like the intercontinental flights. Very narrow, almost no space between the seats. Nothing worse than a guy in the front row sleeping while they give you the food. I had to ask the cabin staff if they could ask the guy in the front row to put his seat straight so I can eat normally.
Aircraft TypeA319
Date FlownDecember 2015

"limited 28" seat pitch"

Flew from London Heathrow to Madrid. I liked Iberia in the past but was extremely disappointed by the seat space. The plane had a high density configuration with very limited 28" seat pitch. It was impossible to find a comfortable seating position. I could hardly fold the table down and my legs were numb when we arrived in Madrid. The ticket was approx 500 Euro, thus the flight was extremely poor value. There was no warning when I bought the ticket, which should be mandated.
Date FlownFebruary 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"seats did not recline sufficiently"

This was my first experience of Iberia, flying from Lima to Madrid, and it has got to be one of the worst experiences I have had. Delayed flight by two hours, and then rerouted to a totally different airport from my destination after being told that I was going to my original destination. The aircraft, although quiet, was uncomfortable with seats that did not recline sufficiently, short seat squabs and insufficient legroom. Food was below average and staff looked like they didn't want to be there.
Aircraft TypeA340-600
Date FlownSeptember 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"seat pitch is ridiculously small"

As stated by others the seat pitch in this aircraft is ridiculously small. I'm not exceptionally tall at 6' but it was a struggle just getting into the (window) seat. Trying to avoid rubbing holes in my knees was a full-time occupation. I suppose this could even be intentional as there was no inflight entertainment of any sort. The whole routine of trying to get out of the seat meant I deliberately allowed myself to becone dehydrated so I wouldn't need to visit the toilet. I'm not convinced the seat pitch in business class was any better.
Date FlownJuly 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"couldn't fit in the economy seat"

I am 6'4 and I couldn't fit in the economy seat. Luckily I had an empty seat on my left to the side on my flight from Madrid to London. Most uncomfortable configuration I have experienced. Grossly uncomfortable.
Date FlownJune 2015