Iberia

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

Review by (United Kingdom)

As stated by others the seat pitch in this aircraft is ridiculously small. I'm not exceptionally tall at 6' but it was a struggle just getting into the (window) seat. Trying to avoid rubbing holes in my knees was a full-time occupation. I suppose this could even be intentional as there was no inflight entertainment of any sort. The whole routine of trying to get out of the seat meant I deliberately allowed myself to becone dehydrated so I wouldn't need to visit the toilet. I'm not convinced the seat pitch in business class was any better.
Aircraft TypeA320
Date FlownJuly 2015
Seat Storage 12345

Review by (United Kingdom)

I am 6'4 and I couldn't fit in the economy seat. Luckily I had an empty seat on my left to the side on my flight from Madrid to London. Most uncomfortable configuration I have experienced. Grossly uncomfortable.
Aircraft TypeA320
Date FlownJune 2015
Seat Storage 12345

Review by (United Kingdom)

Guayaquil/Madrid in probably the most uncomfortable aircraft seat I have ever had. Non-existent padding and next-to-no leg room made this a deeply unpleasant 12 hour journey and not one that I intend to repeat. In-flight entertainment is laughable - 1 large screen at the front of the cabin and a handful of smaller screens dotted about the place create lots of flicker which makes it even more difficult to sleep. I have absolutely no idea what Iberia think they are doing by fitting out brand new planes with such seats.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A340-400

Review by (United Kingdom)

Have just flown Heathrow/Quito return with Iberia - worst flights I've ever had! I have mobility issues so had booked and paid extra for aisle seats. On way out had seat requested but food terrible staff rude on rare occasion they appeared only overhead screens which did not work until five hours into flight then film cut off and changed halfway through. Journey back worse wrong seat allocated by Iberia in England who insisted return flight was a 340 400 and had allocated aisle seat. Correct on 340 400 but plane was 340 600. Centre of bassinet row seat given I could not manoeuvre out of my seat for twelve hours could not use TV screen as will not pull out when bassinet in place was in great discomfort. Staff very rude and disinterested would not enable me to move to vacant aisle seat when requested felt penalised for not speaking good Spanish food terrible and requests for water/coffee ignored. Missed connecting flight as plane nearly three hours late. No help from Iberia on ground or in air. British Airways got me back from Madrid in comfort with courtesy and faster than hoped.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A340-600

Review by (United Kingdom)

It was an 11 hour flight to Guatemala and back from Costa Rica. Both flights I couldn't cross my legs as no legroom and from the window seat couldn't see the screen which on the Guatemala flight apparently showed the same film three times and the safety film 3 times. The base of the seat has a metal bar across it with no padding on top. I had to put my pillow over it to give some relief. Come on Iberia everyone is complaining so get comfort a priority and more legroom. I am only 5'3" tall.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A340

Review by (Spain)

I live in Spain for 10 years now and have always avoided Iberia. In Dec 2012 I unfortunately had to fly them. Four times no less. I am 6 foot 7 or 199 cm so I went after an emergency seat but on all 4 flights I was punished. and the trolleys kept banging my knees. Ground staff apparently didn't care (they very well noticed I was the tallest passenger) and the crew (after my complaints) had no comments on any of the flights. It was a terrible journey very painful.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A319
Viewing Tv Screen N/A

Review by (United Kingdom)

Forced to use this seat for 13.5 hours as Iberia denied me the aisle seat I had paid extra for. The seat was very uncomfortable the passenger in front sat on my legs if I stretched them out. I could only fold my legs when the passenger beside me left their seat and I could rearrange them it was very cramped. In addition the overhead TV screen in front of me flickered the whole journey only occasionally displaying a picture.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A340-600

Review by (United Kingdom)

Extremely poor seats. New plane and feeling I was flying a 1970s plane. In-flight entertainment was short of non- existent and seat more cramped than smaller planer I used.

Review by (France)

A new airplane and very poor onboard entertainment - two main screens in the cabin a couple of music channels. On a 13 hour flight it is not acceptable in 2010!