Frontier Airlines

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"seats did not recline"

Not Verified | First we had to deplane so they could change nose tires. An hour later of standing we got back on the plane. The seats did not recline, the seats were hard as rocks. Never will fly them again with my bad back. The plane home had one lavatory closed. Worst flight ever in my life. I will never fly them again, even though they gave us a measly $25 toward a future flight.
Date FlownMay 2018

"hard seats, no recline"

Trip Verified | The seats were painful. No lumbar support, hard seats, no recline, and small tray. Also if you happen to have three seats in a row that are not taken, you can’t move the arms of the seat upward; they are fixed. Because of my discomfort and hurt back, I’ll never fly Frontier again.
Date FlownMay 2018

"Absolutely awful experience"

Trip Verified | Absolutely awful experience. All the other reviews say it all so no need to say it again. Just know they are truly the most uncomfortable way to travel, let alone fly. I fly a lot and never have I been knocked in the head by luggage so many times and having people not even apologize. If I wasn't careful, I felt like they would have trampled me. I used to fly Frontier a long time ago and went back as I was not traveling on business this time and never had a bad experience before and the fare was cheap.
Aircraft TypeA321
Date FlownFebruary 2018
Seat Storage 12345

"More than enough foot room"

Trip Verified | When I arrived at my seat (back of plane middle seat) my girlfriend had window and a stranger was on end while I was middle. More than enough foot room to stretch legs. Enough room in front of you to lay head down on tray, even enough room for girlfriend to lay on my lap, window to middle. I imagine if you brought a huge personal item this would effect you. A lot better than United. I had a cheap seat so no recline but even if I did have it I didn’t need it.
Date FlownJanuary 2018
Seat Storage 12345

"the worst airline to fly with"

Verified Review | This is the worst airline to fly with. Under my better judgement, I purchased two tickets because the person I was flying with wanted to go cheap. Frontier nickel and dimes for economy seat selection, beverages (I was so dehydrated after the flight because I opted not to bring a beverage not knowing they don't even offer water), bringing a purse onboard, and they insisted my bag was overweight at the check in counter when it wasn't so they charged me $100 total to check in one bag. They didn't even have a weight display for the customer to see. The customer svc is awful. They told me to go back to the ticket counter for a refund because they can't credit me even though they agreed I was unfairly charged. Only the counter can issue refunds they charged. The ticket counter is in another state! I will never fly Frontier again.
Seat Layout3×3
Date FlownOctober 2017

"I'd suggest upgrading"

Verified Review | The seating is tight on the A319. If you do not select a seat, you'll most likely be seated in the 5$ (or free if you don't select a seat) area, with minimal leg room. However you can upgrade your seating for stretch leg room, such as an exit seat. And those seats have ample leg room and are very comfortable. I'd suggest upgrading. You'll still more than likely be well under any competitors pricing for a similar flight if you do!
Aircraft TypeA319
Date FlownAugust 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"Pack you in like sardines"

Verified Review | No premium seating available and no reclining. Pack you in like sardines and hope you don't have more than a 2 hr flight. The tray table is the size of my iPhone6 S. If you can avoid flying this airline, I suggest you do so, unless you just want a cheap flight and are prepared to get what you pay for.
Aircraft TypeA321
Date FlownAugust 2017
Viewing Tv Screen 12345
Power Supply 12345
Seat Storage 12345

"this is beyond acceptable"

Unverified | I will never consider this airline again. I can appreciate cutting cost but this is beyond acceptable. They are a disgrace to the airline industry. Save your money so you can afford to fly a decent airline. The seats do not recline and there is no in flight entertainment. No inflight phone, no wi-fi. No room to cross your legs. The seats are concave. Worst possible configuration for your back. Even a pillow or rolled up coat won't help.
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"most uncomfortable seats"

My wife and I flew from SLC to Denver and back. The flight to Denver left on time, but the return flight (leaving at 9:55 p.m.) was delayed for about 4 hours because of a mechanical problem. To their credit, Frontier brought in a new plane and new crew rather than just cancel the flight and they gave us a travel voucher. The seats on the A320 were the most uncomfortable seats I've ever experienced on an airline. Or anywhere else for that matter. It is difficult to imagine anyone in the Frontier front office approving these seats for installation after sitting in them. They don't recline, they have a ridiculously small tray table and they are extremely uncomfortable -- like sitting on a thin blanket placed on a hard bench. The seats are so uncomfortable that I would have to seriously re-consider ever flying Frontier again -- even with the free travel voucher. Our flight was relatively short, but a longer flight sitting on these "seats" is unfathomable. I suspect Frontier did a cost analysis in which they factored in the lost revenue from people like me who won't fly Frontier again because of these seats vs. the additional revenue gained from packing more sardines into the can. I think Ford probably went through the same type of monetary analysis years ago with the gas tank on the Pinto. It didn't turn out very well for Ford, and I don't think it will turn out any better for Frontier.
Date FlownOctober 2016

"extremely uncomfortable"

The seats do not recline, which for a long flight, was awful. And the seat was too close to the seat in front to put your head down on the little tray, even if you're of average height. (I'm 5'8 1/2".) My legs barely fit in. It was extremely uncomfortable.
Date FlownJuly 2016