Toronto Pearson Airport

"duty free however is very expensive"

Verified Review | The airport itself is very nice, clean and friendly. The duty free however is very expensive and in my opinion over priced and upon talking to the shop supervisor his attitude was almost ;oh well that's what it is', so no won't be purchasing from this duty free store at all.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"queues horrendously long and staff were few"

Verified Review | Once I stepped out of my flight the airport looked sparkling and exciting. Little did I know what disasters lay ahead of us. This must be one of the worst airports in terms of immigration and customs. The immigration staff could not fathom why I chose to transit from Toronto on my way to Dubai even when I told him I had a special discounted fare. The queues were horrendously long and staff were few. Then came the luggage area which was worse than any underdeveloped country. Bags from 5 flights were being delivered on the belt and large bags were sent elsewhere without any notification to passengers. The worst part was yet to come. All the passengers squeezed their way through just 1 exit door with staff who would pick on their own whims who to pass through or send for detailed opening of bags in a different area. It was only when the other area staff heard me saying I had arrived from New York that his entire demeanor changed to a smile and allowed me to pass out without inspection of bags. This is definitely an airport to avoid at all costs.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"not satisfied at all"

Verified Review | Coming into Toronto from Vegas and connecting to Moncton. This was my worst experience in an airport ever. Nobody was there to help for boarding passes / luggage tags. It was a mess, no clear line ups, crowded, no staff to help and redirect customers. The self luggage drop off was the same: the belt was always blocked, nobody to explain or help. When I finally saw someone she was mad at me because I didn't know how to operate that belt. I mean, I am not the one who works there - if someone could explain to us, maybe we could understand how it works. Another employee came and told me to go catch my plane and that she would drop my luggage for me. I was afraid that my luggage would not follow me in my connection flight and stressed about it all the way. Then, I needed to run a long way to catch my other flight. I think that airport is way too busy and it is short in staff. Please do something about it or accept less flights. I am not satisfied at all.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"fastest ever immigration process"

Unverified | We assumed bedlam at immigration at 9.30 on a Monday morning upon arrival into Terminal 1, but were pleasantly surprised to have our fastest ever immigration process at Pearson. We were through in 5 minutes. Luckily, we weren't subjected to the legendarily slow Pearson baggage delivery since we didn't check bags. We did get the customarily snarly customs officer upon exit, though. Unlike many major airports, there is no option to buy duty free on arrival.

"has consistently improved"

Verified Review | Toronto has consistently improved over the past couple of years, implementing iPads at many seats in the international terminal E, reminiscent of Minneapolis Airport (MSP). The prices for food are still very high, despite the plentiful options of shops and restaurants. Walks between terminals are a bit long, but the transit officials were a bit freindlier than last year.
Date VisitJune 2017

"turned into a nightmare"

We fly all over Asia and have been in dozens of airports. I think the self check in and baggage drop off was meant to save time, today I felt like I was in a third world country. Whatever the Toronto Pearson Airport has done to this function has turned into a nightmare. People didn't know how to attach the baggage tags, were not ready to put their bags on the belt and were pushing around - it was insane. Please give us back some humans who are paid to know what to do rather than expected untrained people speaking and reading many different languages to handle what it took an agent to do just a couple of years ago. I honestly wondered if I was in Canada. Cathay Pacific is a great airline with an awesome record of service, today being associated with this mess gives it a 2 out of 10.
Date VisitJune 2017

"a very disappointing experience"

Verified Review | This was a very disappointing experience. Transiting from Lima thru Toronto to Vancouver. Long lines, poor signage, staff overall not very interested in providing customer service. Twice wait lines were reconfigured for no obvious reason. You need some reconfiguration and some staff training. Only good part of the experience was the sniffer dogs who were adorable.

"mainly tired and worn"

This is an old airport which is mainly tired and worn. The layout is poor, the signage is poor the staff are not the most helpful and the security was disorganised and slow. The services are tired and choice not great but a lot of money has been spent on some shops. Will avoid if at all possible.

"experience was horrific"

For all practical purposes disability assistance at Toronto Pearson has been all but discontinued. Our experience was horrific - both ways - leaving me without a wheelchair at various stages, and forced to run / hobble to distant gates. Worse still my 69 year old wife having to retrieve our baggage, take us through customs, take me and the baggage to a drop-off; deposit the bags on the conveyor all entirely by herself while pushing me in a wheelchair, and then forced to run to a distant gate all the while being berated by staff for not running faster. Unbelievable - but this happened both ways.
Date VisitMarch 2017

"exceptionally unfriendly at every turn"

We arrived from Atlanta on our way home to British Columbia. We found this airport and the people in it to be exceptionally unfriendly at every turn. Service at every leg of the journey to our connection could not possibly have been any slower. The signage is inaccurate at best. We followed signs pointing us to our departure gate only to arrive there and be told that actually the gate we were looking for was totally in the opposite direction. They make the excuse that the airport is undergoing construction. This will never allow the attitudes that staff here exude. I have flown out of much bigger airports (Atlanta, for instance) and never experienced this kind of ignorance. We will in future go out of our way to never have to visit this airport again.