Toronto Pearson Airport

"an embarrassment to the aviation world"

Unverified | I am speechless, just speechless, literally. We arrived back in Toronto yesterday afternoon from the U.K into absolute chaos, an amateur time three ringed circus. It took us over two and a half hours from landing on Air Transat flight, TS505, which was already delayed by a couple of hours, to be able to get through everything that was thrown at us in that Airport in order to make our way home. We were initially transported by bus to the main terminal after landing at the very back of the Airport. This was followed by having to endure a ridiculous queue in order to experience a new and bizarre computer border control system (which confused all of the passengers and just didn't work). Continuing on from there, we waited for over an hour for our baggage to be picked up on the carousel. What a big international Airport like Pearson were playing at, I will never know? To be honest, even staff at London Gatwick were talking about problems Pearson were having before we took off on our flight, we wondered what was going on. Once we landed seven hours later, we soon realized we were walking into the depths of hell. Two weeks prior to this, one of our bags was mislaid when we landed in London, it had not been put on our flight, although it was clearly labelled as a priority bag, which we had paid extra for and was with our other suitcase. This was two days before my daughter's wedding and all of our wedding clothes and things required for that event were in that bag. Luckily for us the bag was delivered to our hotel the following day, although it was late in the evening and panicked us throughout that afternoon, wondering if we had to do some late night shopping to buy other mens suits and clothing. To be honest, I would be ashamed if I was an employee of Pearson Airport, it's an embarrassment to the aviation world. A laughing stock.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"Going thru customs was a long process"

Unverified | Going thru customs was a long process. People were inefficient. When we finally got to the gate there was only one good option. Food very expensive and just sandwiches. Food was also terrible. Not clean. Restrooms one toilet not working no paper towels long lines. We had been traveling since 4 am and hadn't eaten so disappointed with only one food option. Someone scanned a person not on the flight and personnel inefficient un figuring it out. Flight left one hour late. Had to run to connecting and would have missed if that flight hadn't been delayed. Was first time and hopefully the last time that I have to go to Toronto.

"Terrible food facilities"

Unverified | You should be embarrassed. Doing a domestic flight via Terminal 3. Signage awful even for an English speaking person, feel really sorry for non English speaking travellers. Terrible food facilities ie. Too few when flying from B17 departure area. Come on, get your terminal into a proper pleasant experience, not a half hearted effort.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"my least favorite airport"

Verified Review | Toronto is my least favorite airport in the world, Munich is my most. Here are the differences: Road access to the airport, Toronto is always congested and has a confusing street system surrounding it, Munich is the opposite. Toronto airport always seems dirty, inside and out, Munich is the opposite. Toronto airport is noisy and confused, there seems to be a lack of people to help you, lack of directions for foriengers as to luggage, transfers and immigration. When you arrive at Munich you are met by a quiet efficient paradise. Quality stores as well as decent places to eat. And best of all, a good size grocery store-which is a god-send for families. Families have different needs. When landing at Toronto recently we made our way to the immigration area only to find it packed to overflowing, air conditioning not working, no directions for travellers trying make connections, no help for those whose flights were delayed to get through faster, and no such thing as a family line. This combined to have many hot, annoyed, stressed travellers, and crying babies. I am Canadian and felt ashamed at the 3rd world image travellers received from Pearson International that day.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"duty free however is very expensive"

Verified Review | The airport itself is very nice, clean and friendly. The duty free however is very expensive and in my opinion over priced and upon talking to the shop supervisor his attitude was almost ;oh well that's what it is', so no won't be purchasing from this duty free store at all.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"queues horrendously long and staff were few"

Verified Review | Once I stepped out of my flight the airport looked sparkling and exciting. Little did I know what disasters lay ahead of us. This must be one of the worst airports in terms of immigration and customs. The immigration staff could not fathom why I chose to transit from Toronto on my way to Dubai even when I told him I had a special discounted fare. The queues were horrendously long and staff were few. Then came the luggage area which was worse than any underdeveloped country. Bags from 5 flights were being delivered on the belt and large bags were sent elsewhere without any notification to passengers. The worst part was yet to come. All the passengers squeezed their way through just 1 exit door with staff who would pick on their own whims who to pass through or send for detailed opening of bags in a different area. It was only when the other area staff heard me saying I had arrived from New York that his entire demeanor changed to a smile and allowed me to pass out without inspection of bags. This is definitely an airport to avoid at all costs.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"not satisfied at all"

Verified Review | Coming into Toronto from Vegas and connecting to Moncton. This was my worst experience in an airport ever. Nobody was there to help for boarding passes / luggage tags. It was a mess, no clear line ups, crowded, no staff to help and redirect customers. The self luggage drop off was the same: the belt was always blocked, nobody to explain or help. When I finally saw someone she was mad at me because I didn't know how to operate that belt. I mean, I am not the one who works there - if someone could explain to us, maybe we could understand how it works. Another employee came and told me to go catch my plane and that she would drop my luggage for me. I was afraid that my luggage would not follow me in my connection flight and stressed about it all the way. Then, I needed to run a long way to catch my other flight. I think that airport is way too busy and it is short in staff. Please do something about it or accept less flights. I am not satisfied at all.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"fastest ever immigration process"

Unverified | We assumed bedlam at immigration at 9.30 on a Monday morning upon arrival into Terminal 1, but were pleasantly surprised to have our fastest ever immigration process at Pearson. We were through in 5 minutes. Luckily, we weren't subjected to the legendarily slow Pearson baggage delivery since we didn't check bags. We did get the customarily snarly customs officer upon exit, though. Unlike many major airports, there is no option to buy duty free on arrival.

"has consistently improved"

Verified Review | Toronto has consistently improved over the past couple of years, implementing iPads at many seats in the international terminal E, reminiscent of Minneapolis Airport (MSP). The prices for food are still very high, despite the plentiful options of shops and restaurants. Walks between terminals are a bit long, but the transit officials were a bit freindlier than last year.
Date VisitJune 2017

"turned into a nightmare"

We fly all over Asia and have been in dozens of airports. I think the self check in and baggage drop off was meant to save time, today I felt like I was in a third world country. Whatever the Toronto Pearson Airport has done to this function has turned into a nightmare. People didn't know how to attach the baggage tags, were not ready to put their bags on the belt and were pushing around - it was insane. Please give us back some humans who are paid to know what to do rather than expected untrained people speaking and reading many different languages to handle what it took an agent to do just a couple of years ago. I honestly wondered if I was in Canada. Cathay Pacific is a great airline with an awesome record of service, today being associated with this mess gives it a 2 out of 10.