Seattle Airport

"the worst experience I have ever had"

Trip Verified | I have travelled through a number of airports around the world. This is the worst experience I have ever had. Truly a trip from hell. We flew Alaska Air from YYJ (Victoria, BC) to SEA (Seattle) to connect to a PHX (Phoenix) bound flight as WestJet dropped their YYJ-PHX direct flight. We were able to use our Nexus cards to get through Victoria security in about five minutes. Arriving in SEA, we were told construction meant we had to take a bus to the terminal, but only when the US immigration official arrived. After a short delay we were taken by bus to the terminal and faced a long walk up a ramp and then down hallways to clear customs and immigration. Then we discovered we had to clear security all over again and there were long lines with no Nexus available for connecting passengers. When you finally clear security again, to get to the PHX bound terminal you have to take two different trains. We just about missed the connecting flight to PHX. The next time we travel to our PHX home from YYJ we will be going Air Canada or Westjet via YVR (Vancouver), where they have Nexus available and know how to treat US bound passengers right.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"Most pathetic airport ever"

Not Verified | Just missed my flight at Seattle and the earliest one they rebooked me for is on Monday!!! One of the most most inefficient airports ever. At other airports like RDU, when they see the rush, they get a dog or use other security measures like quick screening without removing shoes etc. There was a line like 1 mile long-wound around like noodles and they chose to do the normal security. When it came to bag screening, they wanted to check both my bags. The bags had the same content when I traveled here (at RDU, they never saw any reason to check it) and yet they held both the bags for additional check. I got in the line at 6.00 am for a 8.10 am flight and still couldnt make it! Most pathetic airport ever. For a holiday weekend, they had 3 agents doing the check in. At other airports at normal times there are more than 3 personnel and more on holiday times. Also they have minimal bag security lines. For an international airport with so many people traveling, they are in dire need to update their technology, employees and equipment. I am going to reiterate, this is the most ineffiecient airport ever.

"airport is filthy"

Not Verified | Seattle airport is filthy. The bathrooms are horrendous — what are they, cleaned once a day? It’s like a swamp in there, and not nearly enough toilet paper to deal with it. In terminal N, you have only 1 family bathroom. This is unacceptable. My daughter and I had to wait 25 minutes just to get in to it, and once the door opened, a single adult male walked out. They need to regulate this much better, if you won’t have adequate amounts of family restrooms, then there needs to be clear signage limiting the use to families. I also got down to the baggage claim to find one bag upside-down with all 3 fragile stickers removed. Horrible experience across the board.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"the worst airport to depart from"

Trip Verified | I travel out of state every week. I have to say that seatac is by far the worst airport to depart from. The TSA here is 3x slower than any other airport I travel to regularly. There should be no reason or no excuse to have such long lines and waiting times. The risk they impose of causing customer's chances of missing their flights should be criminal.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"Get another airport already Seattle"

Verified Review | It’s 11.40 pm and we’ve been waiting for a jetway for 30 minutes. Get another airport already Seattle! Way too busy! Should I mention baggage? It always takes 30-45 minutes to get a checked bag, regardless of who you fly. Can’t this state afford another airport in or near JBLM?
Date VisitNovember 2017

"the boards aren’t updated"

Unverified | Who manages this place? It is seriously disgusting, trash all over the floors, dirty restrooms. Not to mention that there is a serious lack of seating. The boards that post gate numbers aren’t correct and I had a staff memeber tell me that a lot of people miss their flights because the boards aren’t updated. If you know there is an issue why not fix it instead of wasting people’s time and money? Seatac is hands down the worst airport I have ever traveled through.

"customs system collapsed"

Verified Review | When arrived from Emirates flight to Seattle, the customs system collapsed and we had to wait for 1.5 hours in the bridge to get access to immigration. Never saw that before. Even for special case scenario, people getting connections from the airport were was not able to do anything. Disappointing!
Date VisitAugust 2017

"was not enough seating in the terminal"

Verified Review | Had a hard time getting to the departures area, tons of traffic congestion. Check-in was nice and short. Security was horrible, it took me over an hour to get through security as they only had 2 queues open. Getting to the southern satellite was easy and fast. There was not enough seating in the terminal, many people were sitting on the floor or were forced to stand. Wifi was incredibly slow and the restaurants were way too expensive for the portions and quality of the food. Only recommending this airport because of its hub status with Alaska and Delta. Good airport if you are connecting somewhere.
Date VisitJune 2017

"the worst airport I have ever been in"

Unverified | This is the worst airport I have ever been in. Arriving flights are left on the runway to wait for a gate. Half the pickup zones are closed off by police. The restrooms are filthy with no toilet paper and trash overflowing out of the trash cans. If I can avoid this airport in the future I will at all costs.
Date VisitJune 2017

"needs a total redesign"

The way Seattle airport deals with passengers needs a total redesign. After landing early, we had a long taxi to our arrival gate. We then took a train and walked a long way back to the baggage claim section. Fair enough, but the channel was narrow and it all felt very cattle run. The icing on the cake was the shuttle bus to get to the car rental facility. I reckon that drive took us all the way back around the perimeter of the airport. Tired travellers. Crammed in, a nice driver dealing with annoyed people. Poor guy. Summary. I might have circumnavigated the whole airport twice before escaping. Maybe my airline just had pitiful priority. This place is not designed for customers. I've travelled through plenty of big airports around the world and none of them make such a stuff up of moving people around
Date VisitMay 2017