Top 100 Airlines

Seattle Airport

"TSA agents unacceptable"

We had flights on Alaska Airlines on Saturday, March 23. Arrived at the airport two hours early to find the security lines so long they not only meandered through the usual TSA maze area but all the way into the airline ticketing area of the airport. The woman in front of me missed her flight while standing in line. After an hour my ID was checked by one of only two agents checking ID's. I asked the indifferent agent if TSA was going to hire more people and she responded it wasn't her problem. True, but thanks for caring. Then it took another 20 minutes to get from id checkpoint to the body scanner and luggage scanner; this was infuriating. An agent stopped our line and said don't put your luggage on the belt until you advised. The scanning agent left and our lane was not staffed for 5 minutes. The TSA agents were talking and laughing and standing around. Finally one of them sat at the scanner, messed with the equipment for a few minutes before finally getting to servicing customers. The behavior of the TSA agents is unacceptable! And the lack of adequate staffing is unacceptable. We each pay the Sept 11 fee on every airline ticket for this poor service. I have flown through much busier airports, London, Chicago, NYC, etc, and the slow lines at SeaTac are by far the worst. I fly often and this is just the most recent bad experience. Since this is Seattle's only airport you are just screwed if you want or need to fly anywhere.
Date VisitMarch 2016

"security inefficient and understaffed"

I live in Seattle as a regular airline passenger, I have no choice but to endure the horrible conditions at SeaTac. My annual travel is in excess of 100K so I am well versed in airport logistics, however, Seattle airport ranks as one of the worst in the country in my opinion. Security personnel are not only inefficient and understaffed but also rude and inconsiderate. The security lines are inexcusably long resulting in frustrated passengers and missed flights despite being at the airport in ample time. Those who travel frequently are aware of the perils of last minute gate changes and as such, check the monitors frequently. However, when the port of Seattle cannot even update airport monitors to reflect the correct gate, it can make the most seasoned travelers enraged. The carpets look like they are rarely vacuumed, much less spot cleaned and many of the electrical outlets for powering devices do not even work. My advice: chose another airport if you can. Seattle should be able to do better than this.
Date VisitApril 2016

"just standing around"

Sunday, March 6, 2016, between 4pm and 6pm, I had to wait in line with many other passengers to reach the security checkpoint. My wait was over an hour and a half. When I finally reached the actual point for my ID and boarding pass to be checked, the TSA officer closed the entry point, and walked away. Several other officers were just standing around. I just barely made my flight. Also, on Wednesday, March 16, my son missed his flight due to long wait in the security checkpoint line. He had to wait over 8 hours for another flight to the east coast.
Date VisitMarch 2016

"slow and rude"

This is the one of the worst airpots to depart from. I would say I travel a moderate amount both in the US and abroad. The TSA at Seatac is by far the worst. It is worse than going through customs at Newark. They are slow and rude and not helpful. I arrived for an 11.05 flight at 9.50, thinking without checking a bag and checking in online that would be suffient. It was not. I missed my flight by 2 mins. It took me 55 mins to get through security and that included me cutting in line. The agents provided no assistance. They made me ask each person ahead of me permission to cut (everyone said of course and I could sense their disdain for the agents rudness). I've been in much longer lines that have moved twice as fast. Give yourself 2 hrs at this airport, even without checked bags. Also, the TSA pre line was very crowded and slow as well. Side note: the rental car facility bus system is nice and new and clean but not more efficient than what it was before. Expect long lines for the bus. Taking a cab to the facility is cheap and is probably faster. I lived in Seattle for 5 years and this was my first time back.
Date VisitFebruary 2016

"worst part is security and baggage claim"

I live in Seattle area and used this airport multiple times. Its no better or worse in cleanliness, restaurants etc. But the worst part is security and baggage claim. Airport parking is 27$ per day, so I typically use off airport parking, which adds at least 30 minutes extra time. Going thru security is a very lengthy process, give yourself another 45-60 minutes. So give yourself at least 2 hours time before departure. Terminal seating is not optimal. Similarly claiming baggage takes at least 30-45 minutes at the very least.And another 30 minutes if you park off airport.
Date VisitSeptember 2015

Seattle Airport customer review

When going through the security check, I was asked to take my shoes off, which is normal of course. However, I was not provided with the protective sanitary sacks for my feet because they don't have it. When I refused to walk barefoot the staff simply told me I have to follow the policy and that everybody does it. I fly so often and all over the world and this has never happened to me. In other airports I was either provided with the protective feet sack or after x-rays would be asked to take my shoes off for the check. This is definitely something this airport could improve on.
Date VisitAugust 2015

Seattle Airport customer review

My husband and I arrived very early on Monday morning from Anchorage on Alaska Airlines, to a fairly deserted N terminal. There were no reader boards to advise us on where we needed to go to catch our connecting flight (1 hour 55 minutes after landing from ANC). There were no personnel to ask, so we got on the train to the main terminal, hoping to find out where we soon needed to be. At the main terminal, the reader board showed no gate for our connecting flight. After asking several personnel for help, we were directed to the Alaska ticketing area, which was packed, there was no way we would make it to a customer service rep and to whatever gate we needed to be in time. Additionally, we had to leave the secure area to get there. A very kind Alaska agent at a closed station logged back on and directed us to where we needed to be. Back through security, which was a ridiculously long wait, reminded me of Disneyland. We barely made it to the gate and on the plane. Very unhappy with the Seatac experience!
Date VisitJuly 2015

Seattle Airport customer review

My wife and I were returning home from an Alaskan cruise on Sunday morning, July 18. We walked into the terminal at about 8.30 am, and it was chaos. It looked as though they weren't expecting any travelers to show up. The Southwest line was ridiculously long. (A Southwest employee said they reason they were so busy was because Sunday was a busy day for international travel). No express lines for those of us who already had our boarding passes and just needed to check our bags. The check-in equipment would not even scan our boarding pass. Once we finished checking in our bags, then came the TSA security lines. No one in line could believe how they had us snaked around the terminal. From the time our taxi dropped us off to the time we arrived at our gate, it took almost 2 hours. As much as I love the Seattle area, I won't be looking forward to flying through SEATAC anytime soon.
Date VisitJuly 2015

Seattle Airport customer review

Took 70 minutes to get through security because there were too few agents/lanes. Unnecessarily slow and inefficient. No time to grab food. Down by A12 no vendors and bar closed at 6:30.
Date VisitJune 2015

Seattle Airport customer review

Training for how to get people through security at this airport is desperately needed. Last trip, my mother and I were in two separate lines. It took her 10 minutes, me 50 minutes. Tonight there is only one security line open at 9:30, despite the large number of red eyes that fly out of this airport. I'm trying to pick up a minor at the gate and have been in this line for 45 minutes. There's got to be a better way!
Date VisitJune 2015