Seattle Airport

"It was a mess!"

Not Verified | I travel internationally several times in a year. This was the first I used Seattle as my port of entry. After we got off the plane and prior to reaching the immigration area we were stopped and advised that there is a backlog and we have to wait. The announcer advised all the passengers to download the Global Passport App and complete it and as soon as we answer questions and receive the QR code we could breeze part through immigration clearance. I did this and indeed went passed through quickly only to be stopped at luggage claim and customs clearance. It was a mess! Luggage from different airlines were piled on the same luggage belts. After I found my luggage there was a long line of people trying to clear customs. It took about 2 hours to clear customer and when I asked the customs officer why there is such a back log she said the new system made it a mess. I guess a new system was put in place but not properly staffed. Will not be using Seattle Airport anymore as a port of entry.
Date VisitMay 2018

"security used to be well managed"

Not Verified | SEATAC really was screwed up security. Used to be well managed. Now incredibly long lines for general while manpower running Clear or TSA sitting bored and apologizing for poor leadership decisions. Felt bad for them. They were clearly embarrassed by new line management situation. I fly monthly and have never seen SEATAC so bad. Someone in management needs to be fired.
Date VisitMay 2018

"the worst airport experience"

Trip Verified | This is the worst airport experience I have had. I will never be flying out from this airport again! 2 hours in the TSA line with my wife and three children. Got here at 6:30 for a 10:00 flight to Hawaii, got to the terminal with the people still at the gate going in and the receptionist wouldn’t let us on! Worst customer service, worst airport experience, worst attitudes by the airport personnel!

"1h30m in queues"

Not Verified | This is from my 2 recent arrivals experiences. There are 8 "International" flights landing within span of 30 minutes. Even if we consider a minimum 150 passengers from non us citizen and stand in queue, total people standing will be 1200. If one person spending roughly 5 minutes it's not rocket science to deploy the required capacity to clear queues. I spent 1 hour 30 minutes both times in these queues. Another chaos at the luggage belt, no discipline at all. I don't know the role played by airport staff to streamline these processes and traffic load management. Same thing happens at the boarding train point, total chaos. It's a small conveyor belt and everyone jumps on. It's like you are going to ride last scheduled train which takes you to exit doors. Overall, I will suggest to use other airports as entry points in US and travel domestic routes. At least you will save lot of time coming out of airport.
Date VisitApril 2018

"a poor welcome back"

Trip Verified | The TSA agents at the security check-in area immediately following customs and baggage claim was one of the most chaotic systems I've ever experienced. One TSA agent told a passenger to push his bags through. 1 minute later, another TSA agent pulled the luggage out and stacked them in a pile. 20 seconds later, another TSA agent said "who did this?" In addition, they had a sarcastic tone to their verbal instructions. We had to ask for bins multipke times, especially after they continually specified that we need to empty our pockets. When my husband reached over for a bin that was being wheeled over, he was abruptly told, "no, that's not for you, put it back" and when another passenger reached fir a bin, he was told it would cost him $10. This unprofessional behavior was a poor welcome back for US citizens and represented the US poorly to visitors.

"security screening ridiculous"

Trip Verified | I recently flew from Seattle to Frankfurt. Check in was a breeze! Took less than 10 minutes. Personnel in that area deserve 5 stars! The line to get through to the security screening was ridiculous. I waited a good hour! There was one person to serve in that area. I don’t understand why there were two priority TSA officers that more than half the time stood around waiting for non existent premium passengers!! Why could someone not funnel a few of us “cattle class” travelers over to these other TSA officers when they were twiddling their thumbs? Or possibly one of those officers could come over to assist a few passengers when there was a lull in the premium screening. There were never more than 10 people waiting in that priority line. What gives? Poor management!

"Do a better job SeaTac"

Not Verified | Worst TSA lines I’ve ever seen. This is ridiculous! Have been snaking thru a very long TSA line for 30 minutes and now at a dead stop. Still very far away from TSA. I expect this will be another hour. 60-90 minutes thru TSA is unacceptable! Do a better job SeaTac!

"stay away from Seattle"

Not Verified | Terrible airport, boarding on scam in the security line. They have 4 lines and 3 are for a fee based service called “Clear” with lots of staff. The general boarding line is crowded with no staff. They go out of their way to make the general line as difficult as possible while constants trying to persuade people to join the fee based lines. What a scam. The purpose of this airport is to extract every last dollar they can in a non-competitor situation. Stay away from Seattle.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"Bathroom is very dirty as well"

Not Verified | Currently at gate S15. The carpets are so dirty, gum all over the floor. Bathroom is very dirty as well. All Windows need attention. Light bulbs are out. A man spilled his drinks in front of me, I reported it to one of the ladies in checking point S16, she did nothing, she didn't report it, call housekeeping or put a wet floor sign (the sign was right next to her) this is a safety issue. I work as janitorial manager in Northgate Mall and I was really suprised to see our airport in this condition.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"the worst that I’ve ever encountered"

Not Verified | We fly an average of 3-4x per month to a multitude of cities in the US and this airport is by far the worst that I’ve ever encountered! The use of TSA agents was wildly inefficient, they were also amongst the rudest and least competent I’ve encountered. The line was an hour long, with less than half the baggage checks in use and only two TSA agents to check ID/passes. This was on a Sunday morning! We came within 5 mins of missing our flight. Seattle has the resources to upgrade this highly trafficked airport, and they need to!
Date VisitJanuary 2018