Seattle Airport

Facilities 12345

Review by (United States) 30th July 2015

My husband and I arrived very early on Monday morning from Anchorage on Alaska Airlines, to a fairly deserted N terminal. There were no reader boards to advise us on where we needed to go to catch our connecting flight (1 hour 55 minutes after landing from ANC). There were no personnel to ask, so we got on the train to the main terminal, hoping to find out where we soon needed to be. At the main terminal, the reader board showed no gate for our connecting flight. After asking several personnel for help, we were directed to the Alaska ticketing area, which was packed, there was no way we would make it to a customer service rep and to whatever gate we needed to be in time. Additionally, we had to leave the secure area to get there. A very kind Alaska agent at a closed station logged back on and directed us to where we needed to be. Back through security, which was a ridiculously long wait, reminded me of Disneyland. We barely made it to the gate and on the plane. Very unhappy with the Seatac experience!
Date Visit30-07-2015

Review by (United States) 24th July 2015

My wife and I were returning home from an Alaskan cruise on Sunday morning, July 18. We walked into the terminal at about 8.30 am, and it was chaos. It looked as though they weren't expecting any travelers to show up. The Southwest line was ridiculously long. (A Southwest employee said they reason they were so busy was because Sunday was a busy day for international travel). No express lines for those of us who already had our boarding passes and just needed to check our bags. The check-in equipment would not even scan our boarding pass. Once we finished checking in our bags, then came the TSA security lines. No one in line could believe how they had us snaked around the terminal. From the time our taxi dropped us off to the time we arrived at our gate, it took almost 2 hours. As much as I love the Seattle area, I won't be looking forward to flying through SEATAC anytime soon.
Date Visit24-07-2015

Review by (United States) 23rd June 2015

Took 70 minutes to get through security because there were too few agents/lanes. Unnecessarily slow and inefficient. No time to grab food. Down by A12 no vendors and bar closed at 6:30.
Date Visit23-06-2015

Review by (United States) 20th June 2015

Training for how to get people through security at this airport is desperately needed. Last trip, my mother and I were in two separate lines. It took her 10 minutes, me 50 minutes. Tonight there is only one security line open at 9:30, despite the large number of red eyes that fly out of this airport. I'm trying to pick up a minor at the gate and have been in this line for 45 minutes. There's got to be a better way!
Date Visit20-06-2015

Review by (Brazil) 20th July 2014

It may reduce congestion but I still don't like the fact that shuttle buses and taxis leave you out in the parking structure across from the terminals and you must go up one floor by elevator then cross a skybridge then descend again. Easy enough if you are without luggage or have just hand luggage but if you are using a cart ($5 of course) it can take a while. Other than that the airport will large is relatively easy to navigate and clean. In most cases it's as quick to walk as to take the airport trains unless you're going to Terminal S (satellite terminal) used by some but not all Delta flights. Decent array of eateries in the airport. To get to the consolidated rental car terminal you must take a shuttle bus (definitely too far to walk). Can be a bit of a hassle if you have several bags but on our last visit there were many airport personnel assisting people with their bags onto the bus.

Review by (United States) 12th July 2014

I went on Alaska Airlines for a day trip to Seattle on June 10th and found the airport clean and nice. It was a long walk to the train as others have posted here and for a guy with a bad back like me other than that it was a good airport. You should check out the stores. Also if you are an aviation buff like me the airport is great for spotting both once you are past security and out of the airport. The airport has some airlines that do not fly to my hometown (Phoenix) so I got to experience seeing them for the first time. All in all I definitely recommend this airport and am looking forward to visiting it again in the future!

Review by (United States) 4th June 2014

Live in Seattle area so have flown in and out too many times to count. The only things that really annoy me are the always-long security lines and the absolute slowest luggage delivery we have experienced after extensive travel around the world.

Review by (Austria) 21st April 2014

Arrived at SEA on an intercontinental flight and had a domestic connection next morning. I liked the airport. Upon arrival immigration was quick no queues (just 4 people in front of me) so I was through in 5 mins. Baggage arrived a few mins later and overall it took just 20 mins from leaving the plane until I was out of the airport. Similar positive experience next morning. Friendly staff at check-in and security no queues and adequate food facilities in the waiting area.

Review by (United States) 16th December 2013

This airport is filthy but sadly I live in Seattle so its the nearest airport to me. Next the terminals are inconvenient and the light rail station is on the other side of the parking garage making it inconvenient and the last thing is that it is old and that they need to update the airport. I do not recommend this airport so try to avoid it and if you live in Seattle even though its far try Bellingham International airport it might be an extra drive but its worth it.
Queuing Times N/A

Review by (United States) 27th November 2013

Although the Seatac has a somewhat dated layout with two different trains needed to reach the N and S satellite terminals it is an relatively efficient and professionally run facility compared to most other US airports. For 20 years I was based in PHL and flew 8-12 times a year. For the last 15 years I have been based in SEA. The experience is like night and day. Fundamentally 80-85% of SEA flights run on time while the PHL figure is routinely around 70% and sometimes less. The fundamental requirement of an airport is to have the capacity to land and park arriving flights in a timely manner and similarly dispatch departing flights. There is plenty of data available to determine whether they are doing this and it should be given a heavy weight in any benchmarking/ranking system. There is a good choice of food in a clean and airy central food court with large picture windows and high ceilings. One of my favorites is Vino Volo where it is possible to taste a flight of wines accompanied by light snacks - and they will pack up gift packages for you to take on the plane. Very civilized. Two obvious weaknesses exist and they reflect poor planning. One is the location of the light rail station which is way too far from the terminal. The other is the location of the new car rental terminal which should have been connected to the light rail but has to be reached by a separate bus system. However this lack of co-ordination between different transit agencies is a chronic problem in Washington state.