Phoenix Airport

"wouldn’t recommend to anyone"

Not Verified | Check baggage services horrible. No help or limited staff. Also staff serving very unfriendly. Can’t even explain how impersonal they were. I had also assumed that the gate number printed on my ticket was correct (my fault). They could at least post at the gate that the gate had changed. So much technology and all. Security check in was super unfriendly as well. No one had even had a slight smile - aren’t they getting paid? If I could choose another airport definitely would do that. I wouldn’t recommend this airport to anyone.
Date VisitJune 2018

"crowded, cranky service"

Trip Verified | I travel weekly and frequent Sky Harbor several times a month. Since I fly SW I’m usually out of Terminal 4. First off, the departure and arrival boards are not anywhere that makes sense. After arriving from the car rental you have to proceed to any of the four gates (a,b, d,d). AB one side, CD on the other. So if you walk up to the gate at A and you’re on C, you have to walk all the way across the terminal. Not enough characters to complain about everything wrong but the other peeve of mine is a complete lack of seating, one bar per gate. Clearly the “Best Airport” in my opinion is outscored by almost all others that I travel to. Cancun even beats this place. Crowded, cranky service and old. Tear it down.
Date VisitApril 2018

"It is a nightmare"

Trip Verified | Locating Terminal 4 parking area is almost impossible. If you have to meet someone from an international flight at Phoenix Sky Harbor Terminal 4, allow at least 30 extra minutes to locate the parking area. It is a nightmare! Whoever put up the signs to different parts of the airport must have been drunk when they came to point drivers towards the T4 parking area ramp. The lane the sign points to is not the right access lane, it is on a slight bend, there are numerous other signs and you end up sailing past on the constant flow of traffic. I have to pick people up regularly from T4 and it beats me every time. I have complained many times at the airport, but nothing changes. If you find it in three circumnavigations of the airport, you win a prize! Is anybody at Sky Harbor listening?
Date VisitMarch 2018

"Dirty floors. Torn seats"

Not Verified | Dirty floors. Torn seats. A foul and mysterious odor. Antiquated baggage claim. Jetblue only mans a desk from 8-12 pm. TSA is a joke. If you didn’t know better, you’d think you were in a third world airport. But actually, those places try to have higher standards. It is as if the airport leveraged the beautiful weather so as to compensate for the substandard conditions of Sky Harbor. Embarrassing and disappointing for such an amazing state.

"Poor signage"

Not Verified | Picking up a handicapped friend from the airport. I have only been here one other time and had the same experience. Poor signage. Either not enough or even helpful. Trying to pick up someone here is a challenge. No information on where to park. Short term parking is not labelled until you are unable to access the lane. Miss a parking garage because the signage is so poor, you are out of luck. Exit the airport and start all over with tons of traffic. Dealing with this airport, I’m surprised more people do not miss their flights. Very poor layout and design. New York is easier to deal with. Not the best, but better than Phoenix, at least in NY, there are friendly people guiding you in the right direction. Good luck Phoenix, your growing pains are showing.

"TSA is a joke"

Trip Verified | TSA is a joke. They hand checked almost everyone’s bag since their machines were malfunctioning so this made a ton of people late and on top of it, they were so rude! So much for calling themselves “the friendliest airport.” Ridiculous. Everyone was furious but of course had to comply.

"Horrible experience overall"

Not Verified | We were traveling with my autistic kid. I told the TSA agents that he needed assistance, they still asked him all kinds of questions, he had to go through the screening booth. He couldn’t understand what was asked of him. I kept telling them he doesn’t understand but they still insisted he should go through the whole process, dismissing my suggestion that they just do a pat down or find an alternative. I had to kneel to put each of his feet on the yellow markings and show him how to get his hands up and he kept putting them down. Horrible experience overall. I talked to the supervisor and she seemed to think that the lack of sensitivity towards a disabled child is all OK! Lots of training seems to be needed for that team.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"Delays have the entire airport behind"

Not Verified | Delays have the entire airport behind with counter attendants giving half answers in order to get you to leave them alone so they can to the same to the next person. No compensation given for when their construction delays cause me to miss my connecting flight resulting in an 18 hour layover and expensive last minute sleeping arrangements as well as missed earning potential.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"was deliberately misdirected"

Trip Verified | “Everyone is TSA Pre Check Today”. Was travelling with two children and was deliberately misdirected by two male airport security employees when asked to be directed to the TSA Pre-check despite being an TSA approved traveller. No good reason for doing this except to harass a female parent travelling alone with two children. What a shame. I saw other passenger behind me being directed to TSA without hitch so I went back and entered the line without seeing their “assistance”.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"Most poorly laid out airport"

Trip Verified | Cannot for the life of me figure out why someone designed an airport where to connect between the terminals you have to exit a terminal and go through security again. I was traveling with a friend who was in a different terminal so I went to the friend’s terminal to have breakfast. No one bothered to tell me I was in the wrong terminal or warn me I couldn’t get to my terminal from where I was. I had to go outside, walked a lot, and re-enter security. Most poorly laid out airport I’ve ever been in.
Date VisitNovember 2017