Perth Airport

"need to undertake some serious training"

Trip Verified | The women operating the screening point are disgraceful. Their aggressive attitude and behavior towards completely polite and patient travelers is unacceptable. The two women operating the X-ray point on the afternoon we passed need to undertake some serious training.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"everything seemed new"

(Serbia)

Not Verified | This is a decent mid-sized airport although not particularly remarkable. It's quite laid-back, the atmosphere is that of a summer resort airport. This also means however that things do move slowly even though there were no big crowds but the staff are really friendly and willing to help. The terminal building is very clean, not sure if there was a recent renovation but everything seemed new without any shabby parts. The downside is that the airport is really boring, the shopping and dining experience are underwhelming. The airport is well connected by the bus to the CBD.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"food, drinks and parking is daylight robbery"

Not Verified | The price Perth International airport charge for food, drinks and parking is daylight robbery, $10 for a sandwich and $7 for a bottle of water is a joke, not to mention the price of parking. It also happens to be one of the most boring international airports I have been to in the world.
Date VisitMay 2017

"could be a world class airport"

Not Verified | Perth is my home town, so I'm in and out of YPPH a lot. As well as this, I used to work in aviation as well. With Perth, there are so many things that have not been thought out properly. Such a shame, because it could be a world class airport. I have also seen numerous advertisements by the Western Australian airports commission for airport architects. Not sure, but I think they go through a lot of them! Pros: E-Passports and scanning. Airport is a nice, clean open environment. Customs staff treat you well if you are on an Australian passport. Cons: Baggage management is nothing short of a joke. A one hour wait after a long flight is not what you need. Please employ more customs officers! Why have so few people working at peak times? Get rid of stupid barriers that make us walk up and down, up and down before passport checks. Please see my second point. Food and beverages very expensive! Daylight robbery!
Date VisitDecember 2017

"it is one of the cleanest airports"

Trip Verified | I have been through Perth Airport many times and I have to say it is one of the cleanest airports I have ever been to. Its also great for directions, I have never actually gotten lost or couldn’t find my gate, there has been plenary of signs installed to make sure that you get to the right gate on time. Although there are some food places its quite poor, they only have a coffee shop, a juice and roll shop, a Mexican restraunt and Hungry Jacks (Burger King).
Date VisitJune 2017

"chaotic, not user friendly"

Not Verified | First time using domestic. Arrived early. Got dropped off at T2. Was told we were at wrong airport. Got shuttle bus to T3. Checked in went through security. Made our way and stopped for an expensive coffee. Flight leaving at 10.55pm. Got to gate at 10.30. Plane closed. There was no announcement calling us in all passenger areas only in the immediate gate area. My experience with international is the announcement is heard in all passenger areas. Everything is chaotic, not user freindly, expensive and confusing for first time domestic users. What a shambles. Fortunately were able to buy flights for same time next day. Expensive learning curve on Perth domestic airport.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"at T3 there is no variety"

Not Verified | On arrival there was no signage or personel to instruct us or direct us on where to go. On departure the road system between the terminals is a debacle. Once we figured where to go, the food court at T3 was disgusting. When reading the internet regarding the terminal, there is wide wide range of well known food outlets. When reality is at T3 there is no variety. And when purchasing so called food it was well overpriced. $75 for food for 3 when it didnt even fill us up. We would of been better buying airplane food. My experience was very very poor.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"pricing themselves out of the market"

Trip Verified | On arrival stopped for a drink at the bar. My wine was $19 and beer $9.50. Round for two was $28.50! Outrageous for a glass of wine even if it was a larger serve. We then went to pay for parking as picking up partner and was at airport just over an hour. Cost of parking $19. Two drinks and parking for an hour $50 less a few cents. Will pick up through drive through next time and have a welcome drink on the way home for $16 at a standard place. They are pricing themselves out of the market. Don't give them your money it is highway robbery and so not worth it!
Date VisitNovember 2017

"really empty and boring"

Verified Review | One of the worst airports I've ever been to. They dont accept US-Dollars (in what other airports do they just accept the national currency?) Not a single smoking area and no possibility to go somewhere. Its really empty and boring. At least everything is clean and they have a free shower.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"staff seemed to lack knowledge"

Unverified | Our first time flying with an infant so I made a few enquiries about check in, customs and boarding process, which was made via phone to Perth Airport. All answers varied from - bring own pram all way to boarding gate, as we would get priority for boarding, staff will then look after storing pram on plane and it would be waiting on arrival but could risk damage. Next was bring own stroller or airport/airline will loan you stroller as pram might be oversize. We decided to make use of loan stroller at airport as all calls had mentioned that airport staff will assist. When checking in I asked for stroller only to be told there were none available, perhaps I could find some upstairs or around the airport. My wife was carrying the baby, plus we had a few items of hand luggage mainly consisting of baby items for airport and flight. My wife was seated and I had a frustrating 15 minute search with no luck, returning to check in counter I asked for help, perhaps a wheelchair for wife and child. They searched for a stroller, I was told against safety procedures for wife and baby to sit in wheelchair which I understood, they couldn't find stroller and they suggested perhaps after immigration point. At this stage the child required a feed, we searched for a parents room, much to my surprise there was no power point in the parenting room. I found a stroller at airport screening point, only to find it was damaged. After finally being seated at the gate I did find a stroller nearby. The boarding announcement was made, I questioned staff about priority for families, one said yes, other said no. Finally when boarding, the stroller was no use as there were stairs. A very unpleasant experience and overall the staff seemed to lack knowledge and communication skills.
Date VisitOctober 2017