Mumbai Airport

"stop delaying every flight"

Not Verified | I travel every month. And irrespective of which airline I book my ticket thorugh, it's always late and I realised it's because of the airport controls. Mumbai is such an important and big airport with international as well as domestic flight every minute, either departing or arriving and it still has just one runway. We as customers pay a lot just to reach a place faster and on time but this is unreasonable to wait for hours for the flight to take off. Either give a proper time slot or stop delaying every flight, everyday.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"Some of the rudest people"

Trip Verified | Some of the rudest people I have experienced. Currency exchange was so rude because I tried to exchange before acquiring my boarding pass. Then missed the business class check in which resulted in a rude turnaround for not having my boarding pass stamped. Once I got it stamped I moved to final security check and was treated with such distain that holding my temper was a true challenge. Air Canada check in personnel were professional and very polite. The others however made me feel terrible. No amount of beautiful structure, wonderful shops and glorious quiet, all of which occur here can make up for sheer rudeness.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"a slow and annoying process"

Not Verified | Airport security, as at all Indian airports, is completely ridiculous here. Way too many checks at illogical locations, slowest check-in process I have witnessed anywhere in the world and the security and immigration just seem to believe that doing things slow automatically means it's good. All of this causes long lines and a slow and annoying process, without increasing security as compared to European airports. Allowing WiFi only to travellers with an Indian phone number is very unfriendly to foreigners.
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"had a great experience at the airport"

Trip Verified | I had a great experience at the airport. Both the domestic and international sides of the airport are excellent with great variety of shops, restaurants, and cafes. The airport staff are indeed hospitable and have been very nice to me when I spoke to them. I did online check-in, so the check-in was hassle-free. My flight was early in the morning and the passport control queue was not that long. One issue is that sometimes the seats get a lot full, especially during peak times. So I and a lot of other people end up standing or sitting in a place adjacent to the window. The security check lines are really long, so it can get irritating, but the security officers try their best to be efficient. The design interiors are very modern with a slight touch of Indian architecture. The art museum that is installed in the international flights section is gorgeous. The free wifi only works for 45 minutes and requires an Indian mobile number. Also, the computers near the gates are pointless as they never work. The toilets are spot on clean as well as the terminal building.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"information desks are useless"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Chaos. The information desks are useless and not really interested in helping, and Jet Airways staff at the counters are hopeless, especially the supervisor who did not even hear me out before she started talking to other people. Condescending and not willing to help.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"staff at the airport were all helpful"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | I have always avoided going through any super busy airports like London Heathrow, Paris CDG, and of course Mumbai. This time, my flight was through Mumbai with a transit time of 5 hours to explore the airport. Arrived at the airport at around midnight. Was quite impressed with the walkway to the immigration control counters. There was a huge number of people queued up to many immigration counters. It took me about 45 minutes to reach the counter, which was not too bad considering the crowd there. The officer did his work quickly. Then the baggage claim area was also quite impressive. My bag had already arrived, even before I was there, neatly put on the ground by staff members. Walking through the airport, I saw so many Indian art and painting expo on the walls, and places, all around. There were many plug points everywhere to re charge your phones, which you don't see much in Europeon airports. So many food outlets and duty free shops. The food and drinks were as usual, overpriced. The staff at the airport were all helpful. I wanted to use one of the pay and use lounge. The lady there was not too friendly to the guests. She was standing there like, "why on earth do I have to work?". I was bit turned off and skipped the lounge. I walked around exploring. There were seats of all shapes and sizes, to lie down to simply sit. The wifi seemed to be not working. The washrooms were considerably clean. Many waterless urinals for men, which is nice and eco friendly. There were waterfalls, cascading water with plants and bushes all over at places. The whole airport looked plush, chique and quite clean! Well done Mumbai.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"crowded by people traveling without children"

Trip Verified | Transited through Mumbai Terminal 2 with Jet Airways on domestic to international segment. Unlike Delhi Airport, Mumbai T2 has no dedicated immigration counters for passengers transferring from domestic to international flight. Also, Delhi Airport has a separate (and less crowded) security screening for passengers transferring from domestic to international, but that is not the case in Mumbai T2. There was a separate immigration line for "Children in Arms", but it was also crowded by people traveling without children. It would have been nice if airport staff only allowed families with kids to stand in "Children in Arms" immigration line.

"Just magnificent"

Trip Verified | Just magnificent. Very quick, very safe, incredibly clean and a brilliant piece of art. One may complain about the security check right at the entrance, but that just makes the airport safer. It also helps inhibition of shifting of the status of the structure from an airport to a lodging and boarding facility. There were really large queues at the immigration but it took me no more than 5 mins to pass through. One needs nothing less than 45 minutes for a queue of comparable length at an European Airport. The duty free and eating options are diverse and value for money. Housing a huge art wall and boasting of nice airside views, you can never really get bored of waiting for your flight. The only downside is the WiFi, which is free only for 45 minutes (although this Statement may Need to be verified).

"well signed and bright"

Trip Verified | I have traveled out of this airport on 6 occasions and I can say this is one of the best airports I have traveled through. It is certainly better than most European points of transit and any US airport. The check in hall is well signed and bright with lots of food options. I actually like that they don't allow people in until 4 hours before departure as it keeps the the crowds controlled without having people spend all day there. Security and immigration have always been fast, albeit as a business class passenger its probably a lot faster than economy. The departure hall is stunning - beautiful lighting, shopping and eateries. Its also a manageable size so you get enough of a walk without being too much. I have found the security and officers to be reasonable (they are not there to be your friend). The shops are reasonable priced. The GVK lounge is really nice though I agree a bit crowded since no airlines operate their own lounge (not the airport's fault). The only negative I will concede is the Wi-Fi could be better.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"Security clearance is another nightmare"

Not Verified | While the interiors of this airport are WOW! The check-in experience, the security clearance and the way to get to the gates is really something which is not at all world class. My gate no was 85C and to get there mid way I realised that I was on the wrong track and to get to the gate was a struggle. The check in process even after web check in was horrendous. The staff seemed to take longer than 5 mins per passenger. Security clearance is another nightmare and then the long immigration queues. Either increase the number of counters or make things more efficient. My flight was at 01.45 and I reached the airport at 11.30 and by the time I was done with the immigration it was almost 12.45. This time I was lucky that I did not have to wait much longer at the immigration. Last trip I had to cut queue after waiting for over an hour to get through the immigration. Even the arrival experience is not the best. The walk from the aircraft to the arrival hall seems to take forever. I was so proud of the interiors and exterior of the airport but the overall experience is so lousy. Wish they do something about this.