Mumbai Airport

Review by (India)

Departure from Mumbai airport was quite easy. Some long queues at immigration but that's all. Check in was easy. Once through immigration there are a few shops and places to eat. The food court area needs to be cleaner. Tends to get very crowded and dirty soon. Long walk to the aircraft but lots of seating at gate. In arrivals the carpeting is a bit tough to roll baggage on. The walk back to immigration is long and the walking escalators are badly placed. Once again immigration was quick but baggage takes a while.
Date VisitJuly 2015

Review by (India)

The airport and infrastructure is indeed good however the immigration officers and the customs officials are a nightmare. I travel frequently in and out of this airport and not once did I have a good feeling after going through the immigration. The last time I went through, the immigration officer had unending questions on my trip such as why, who, what , when, where's of the trip, which company I work for, what are their products in a rather interrogating manner making one feel like a criminal. According to him, he is the last person of contact in the country and he should know everything why an individual is visiting overseas. They don't do anything but bring bad name to the country.
Date VisitJuly 2015

Review by (Italy)

The airport transfer shuttle from T1 to T2 must be revised. There is no rule where the bus must be taken only when it's full, I had my flight to Dubai in the next 90 minutes where the bus driver didn't even respond to me even though I showed him my itinerary. The border control is another nightmare at T2 where there were only 5-6 counters functional out of 15. There was no fast lane! I was very much disappointed with the way they respond so slowly.
Date VisitMay 2015

Review by (India)

BOM-SIN. Nicely built terminal with interesting architectural fusion of modern as well as cultural designs. However, the immigration lines are still a mess and took forever to clear immigration especially since all the flights to South East Asian destinations are at the same time. Not the most pleasant staff as well.
Date VisitFebruary 2015

Mumbai Airport customer review

Review by (United Kingdom)

The airport is fine but even though it's new it is not up to the standards of Delhi which is much better. Very few shopping options and the general lounge is very poor. The staff let this place down, they are rude and officious.

Review by (France)

Very nice airport terrible staff. Beautiful airport and international top class amenities. Magnificent architecture lots of wasted room but a nice feeling (terrible carpets already old) nice art everywhere. But hours-long (literally) queue at check in and immigration both ways. Terrible Int'l-Domestic interface. If the toilets are so new why do they smell - 3 cleaning women were just standing there. Overpriced int'l shops.

Review by (Thailand)

Just got back from a trip to Europe flying through Mumbai where we had to change planes both on Jet Airways. Both times we went through the airport the security screening process for transit passengers was a nightmare. Even though we were already checked in for our connecting flight and had boarding passes we were required to exchange them for new boarding passes at the Jet Airways counter just adjacent to the security screening point. The lines were very disorganized people crowding and pushing and all staff involved both at the airlines counters and the security point were extremely slow - moving at a snails pace. We had to run to catch our flight and this process can easily take an hour or more.

Mumbai Airport customer review

Review by (United Kingdom)

Travelled outward Jan 7 London on to Madurai and return March 30th. Both Domestic and International terminals impressive new buildings but the transfer between them is crude and inadequate. Outward trip baggage marked Short Transfer took 90 minutes from landing to reach carousel and with the long queues at immigration and then at desk to re-check baggage I was told I'd have to re-book as it took 30 minutes to transfer between terminals. In fact it took longer - the single bus made the trip three times before I could board. Overall delay at destination 5 hours 45 mins. Return trip poor signage made transfer bus difficult to find hidden at a back exit beside a women's toilet. Queued at the front first bus failed to arrive and queue rerouted for the second bus to another loading point but without preserving waiting sequence - result almost a fight to board the bus - not good treatment for "guests" including elderly and children. Never again will I route through Mumbai involving switch to/from Domestic/International - it reminded me of Lagos in the '80s.

Mumbai Airport customer review

Review by (United Arab Emirates)

Been flying in and out of the new Mumbai Terminal for the last couple of times and I have to admit its a beautiful structure. It has plenty of personality and artwork so instagramers and the like can be happy - if you could upload the pics (more on that later). Staff have improved over the years but I still find them to be inept in a lot of ways. Mercifully the asking for tips phenomenon has largely abated but occasionally you will find the odd greedy man/woman prodding you in hushed tones for a tip. Food court is good - albeit a bit overpriced - Asian Indian junk food pub grub. Its pretty much covered. Toilets were clean and functional and toilet staff have always been polite. My only gripe so far and in the recent months has been the constant stagnating immigration queues at departures. It seems like they do not have additional staff to service the peak hours overload which is disappointing. My senior citizen parents however were quickly ushered to a different queue when we requested quick assistance. WiFi is an issue and for the life of me I couldn't get it work on my cellphone. A working sim is required for registration and with the security concerns India faces I guess I understand. Its frustrating nonetheless. I didn't encounter any mosquitoes like some other passengers complaining on the forums or any "musty smell". Overall I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this airport for travel. Just make sure you get there 3 hrs before your flight to avoid the busy lines.

Mumbai Airport customer review

Review by (United States)

Trying to go from a domestic flight to an international is a disaster. The transport is slow crowded and hot. The customs lines are excruciating. I have never seen human beings move so slowly. The airport building is pretty to look at but of astonishingly poor design insofar as moving customers. They care a lot more about selling junk than helping you find your gate. All in all a very painful and frustrating experience.