Vote Now

Uzbekistan Airways

"very attentive and pleasant staff"

My wife and I flew Business Class out and return because of poor reviews. We were part of a group of holidaymakers. The Skyteam Lounge at Heathrow can not be faulted. We found the aircraft to be like many others, with the odd fault - my wife's inflight entertainment selector wasn't working on the return journey but she sleeps so it wasn't a problem. We had very attentive and pleasant staff with a choice of meals and drinks. Alcoholic drinks are available on request. The seats were very comfortable and reclined not too far from flat. On the return journey the Lounge at Tashkent had limited snacks available and alcoholic drinks had to be purchased. Boarding was swift and efficient. TIp - the Duty Free shop on landing is much cheaper than the Duty Free in Departures. We have absolutely no complaints about Uzbekistan Airways. Our fellow travellers in Economy were pleased with their journeys except that they had no choice of food. On the outward and return journeys there were not many Economy passengers. As a result they were able to sleep across three seats. Business Class was full. We read dire reviews of Uzbekistan Hotels too that were completely unfounded. The City Palace Hotel in Tashkent was excellent by any standards. The Asia Hotel in Fargana was another excellent hotel in rooms away from the noisy road. Don't believe everything that you read about Uzbekistan transport or hotels. I hesitate to label previous contributors as 'moaners', but that passes through my mind. Hotels tend not to supply plugs for basins and baths - take your own. Uzbekistan is a developing country and making a good job of it. They do need to make a good push to improve the quality and cleanliness of public toilets, which in some cases can only be described as dreadful. The i.pad has films but even if you choose English language, you get Russian.
RouteLHR to TAS
Date FlownOctober 2016

"behavior of stewardess amazed me"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | This was my 9th trip on Uzbekistan Airways on the route Delhi to Tashkent return. I read many adverse review about this airline, but my experience was generally good. All this, however, changed on my last trip TAS-DEL on 26 October 2016. After taking my seat in the business class, I plugged my mobile phone's charger into the power socket on the seat panel. When charging was completed, I pulled out my charger, but, along with it, the plastic front of the socket too came off. One of the stewardesses straightaway told me that I damaged it because it cannot come off on its own, and that I was not careful. This behavior of a stewardess amazed me. This apart, it is unusual that business class passengers would be told something like this. I checked the Uzbekistan Airways web page for a feedback page, but, there was none. They have phone numbers, but no email address for contacting them. No web page like Contact us. As far as I am concerned, they lost me as a passenger.
RouteTAS to DEL
Date FlownOctober 2016

"uncomfortable sleepless night flight"

Verified Review | We flew to Tashkent on 11 October 2016 from London. This was a night flight of 7.5 hours and we wanted to sleep but it was not to be! This was an ancient plane whose business class seats reclined only a few degrees, it was 2x2 seating, did not taste the food as wanted to sleep. Tablets with pre loaded entertainment was offered. I don't understand why such ancient planes are used on such a route, they have Boeing 787 but these are not thought to be worthy of this route. The washrooms were sparsely equipped. A very uncomfortable sleepless night flight?
RouteLHR to TAS
Date FlownOctober 2016

"IFE was the flying map"

Verified Review | Tashkent to London. After having flown their Boeing 757 this flight was much better. The check in at Tashkent is a dedicated business class area and security clearance. The flight was on schedule. The aircraft was clean with comfortable seats with reasonable recline. The best IFE was the flying map! The wash room was sparsely equipped, with only Air freshener. The food was average. FA spoke reasonably good English.
RouteTAS to LHR
Date FlownOctober 2016

"this is a terrible airline"

Verified Review | New York JFK to Riga. This is a terrible airline. I asked the check-in desk staff about buying an upgrade to business class - they claimed that cannot be done, told me I’d need to buy a whole new ticket. The staff is so incompetent the company actually loses money. Trying to get assistance any from either Air Baltic or Uzbekistan Air both tell you to call the other and claim they cannot help. This is my first and last time choosing Uzbekistan Airways, I blame myself for believing some of these Eastern country airlines would compare to the western airlines. There was no power / USB outlet, no personal tv, and they give you about 6-8oz of water for the 8 hour flight. You have to harass the staff to get more tiny glasses of water.
RouteRIX to JFK
Date FlownAugust 2016

"seat cramped, cabin crew unfriendly"

Verified Review | Singapore to Kuala Lumpur with Uzbekistan Airways (HY551). I travel frequently between Singapore and KL, and I can say that it was my worst flight experience on this route. The boarding process was chaotic, I queued for at least 15 mins before boarding. The seat was very cramped and the cabin crew were unfriendly. The cabin was very stuffy before the takeoff. During the flight, there was no refreshment at all, apart from the welcome drink which was served before takeoff. There were PTVs available at every seat but it took me ages even to switch the language to English. I'm very disappointed at this airline, I paid SGD141 for this one way ticket (which is three times the price for AirAsia) and get this kind of horrible service. I will avoid this airline at all times.
RouteSIN to KUL
Date FlownJune 2016

(Belgium)

Unfriendly staff broken seats not enough pillows for everyone one drinks service in 7 hours really bad food unclean toilets old movies (most of them in Russian or Uzbek). There was a drunk passenger onboard annoying other passengers and the staff could not handle this at all.

Uzbekistan Airways customer review

Bishkek to Tashkent then next day Tashkent to Urgench. Boarding was a trifle chaotic. Planes were clean. It was as good as many other airlines I have flown on. No IFE but who cares for short flights not me. It was a package tour so no idea of the "value for money" question.

Uzbekistan Airways customer review

London Heathrow to Tashkent. 19 September. Flight 202. Returning 30 September. Staff were surly and unhelpful: one woman had a wet seat and was told tough - she moved herself. Food was diabolical and the worst I have eaten - well tried to. Inflight entertainment was a rubbish video played on an overhead screen too far away to watch.

Uzbekistan Airways customer review

LHR-TAS-LHR seat 3J (a window seat) in both directions. A good experience all-round and with a Business Class fare at a little over a thousand Pounds excellent value for money. My flight was operated by HY's latest 767s which come with comfy seats AVOD iPads loaded with films and games attentive service and excellent food. The cabin is decorated tastefully with a blue and cream theme. The eastbound flight is an overnight operation so I slept most of the way. The seats recline but do not go fully flat not even to angled lie-flat. Nevertheless they are comfortable enough and I achieved about six hours sleep so on arrival I was ready to dive straight in to activities on the ground. Breakfast was a choice of sushi and antipasti which were both of high quality. The westbound flight was operated in daylight hours and I enjoyed it a great deal. The stewardess was extremely attentive and the food including traditional Uzbek plov was excellent. Note that seats in row 1 do not offer stowage for slippers glasses books and so on whilst rows 2 and 3 do. Also note that the airline does not provide a toothbrush kit or other amenities so be sure to pick these up from the Skyteam lounge at LHR T4 ahead of departure.