Tigerair

Staff Service N/A
Value for Money N/A

"the worst experience"

(Mexico)

Verified Review | Hanoi to Singapore. Tigerair has been the worst experience in my life. I bought two tickets for a Hanoi to Singapore flight, scheduled on July 13, 2017. Departure time was 4:20 pm. When I arrived at the airport my flight had left at 1:00. I was never notified. During my long trip through Southeast Asia, there were changes in my flights with other airlines. Fortunately, Air Asia, United and Qatar notified me and I took precautions. Tigerair never did. They only sent me an “important notification” about a meal change from mutton to chicken. Even though I got a signed document by their representative in Hanoi, stating that he “will make sure” that we took a next day flight, he did not fulfill his promise. When we arrived to the airport, he just washed his hands. I needed to reach Singapure to take a flight to LA. I had to buy two last minute flights with Malindo Air and Malaysia from Hanoi to Kuala Lumpur and then to Singapure. Ended up paying 1,000 dollars. Also, I lost two paid hotel nights in Singapore. After four weeks waiting for a reply from Tigerair they are silent, even when I have a signed document from their representative. Tigerair gives a bad name to Singapure: no ethics and no efficiency. A shame. Avoid this airline at any cost.
RouteHanoi to Singapore
Date FlownJuly 2017

"careless attitude"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Jakarta to Singapore. The ticket was purchased during peak season. It was one of the cheapest available. Despite previous bad experience, we are willing to give this another chance. Boy was it a very wrong decision. The A319arrived 30 minutes late. But when we boarded the plane, the captain apologised that we can't pushback due to crowded departure slot of Lion and Garuda. We waited for another 45 minutes. Then we were given the push, but stopped miday, before being pulled back to the gate. I noticed that the runway was switched. Engine start failed. After 20 minutes they decided to fix the problem. The door was opened, and the engineers boarded. After that, we were notified that they are going to perform ramp start. Twice they tried, twice they failed. The passengers were alerted to the noise. After an hour and a half since we boarded, we are finally told to disembark. Then, the shenanigans started. I would love to see a symphatetic and understanding gate agent, but throughout my 25 years of experience of air traveling, good luck finding one. After 2 hours of non-decision, false promises of rebooking us on different flight, we were told that they were trying to fix the airplane in an hour and allow us to reboard the plane. Well, it appear to us that there are no maintenance activities going on. Nobody did anything to the plane apart from the original flight deck and cabin crew doing whatever was left there, including a couple of ground handling staffs. A couple of passengers protested the decision to reuse the same plane. But his answer to the concerned passenger should win the best callous unsymphatetic answer ever. "You are all insured". Luckily, everyone just resorted to shouting and crowding. For 4 hours, we were not given any food or solution. The only comfort we offered was the water we had inside the cabin during engine start tests. I would like to commend the flight deck and cabin crew for their professionalism. The captain repeatedly apologised for this unfortunate events, however the gate agent did not utter a single word of apology. It is not like I would forgive him anyway. But the careless attitude and time-wasting oressure tactics in order to leave us without choice is infuriating. I dare you to try this airline.
RouteJakarta to Singapore

"Avoid if you can"

Verified Review | Phuket to Singapore. Avoid if you can. Delays on both legs, impossible to check in online, no leg room, the food is terrible. 1 hour and 10 min delay for a 1.5 hours flight is completely unacceptable. The company pesters you with mail after mail of spam and then conveniently forgets to update the departure time when there is a delay.
RoutePhuket to Singapore

"amazing staff member "

(Maldives)

Verified Review | Male to Bali via Singapore. A good journey thanks to an amazing staff member in Bali airport! I had extra luggage 25 KG. I booked online extra KG but my company had to change my traveling dates hence, no more extra luggage (which I did not know). On the website it says save 30% and book in advance, I assumed my 25 kg would cost me 120$ instead of 90$ that I paid online : very wrong! They asked me to pay 550$ to check in my bag, more than the ticket both ways! I was in the middle of the airport, tired, with my 14 months old baby waiting for God knows what. The staff was trying his best chatting with Singaporean staff to get me a reasonnable solution, after 1 hour of intensive discussion and a crying baby, and tension between us, he managed to get me the bag for the normal 80 USD. Thank you so much for your comprehension and gentle attitude. Overall the flight was good and the staff helpful with the baby.
RouteMale to Bali via Singapore
Date FlownMay 2017

"delays have become the norm"

Verified Review | Again Tigerair is delayed flying from Sydney to Melbourne. We had already been informed since booking that the flight had been rescheduled to 3 hours later, this was inconvenient but ok. However, to now be stuck at the airport with a further 2 hour delay on the revised flight time is ridiculous. Delays have become the norm with this airline, what a disaster.
RouteSydney to Melbourne

"seemed value for money"

Verified Review | Singapore to Wuxi. Regular flyer on legacy carriers but had to book Tigerair recently as their flight time and location was more suitable. Pleasantly surprised with the service onboard, great cabin crew staff that made passengers feel like they were wanted on the flight. This made the flight experience so much enjoyable and seemed value for money flying with this airline.
RouteSingapore to Wuxi
Date FlownMay 2017

"had to call again and again"

Verified Review | We booked the flight Ho Chi Minh City to Gold Coast with Tigerair 2 months before departure date, then we received an email informing that our flight has been rescheduled. From the email, it said that we can have the option to have the voucher to book another flight. Before we decided to get the voucher, everyone in the call centre said that it will take 3 to 4 weeks. So, we are happy to wait for that. However, after 4 weeks, nothing happened then we have to call them. The thing is they said there is a new policy and now it will take 6-8 weeks. We had to call again and again, the call centre said it is out of their control so they can't do anything. How funny that the new policy is launched and still applied for the request sent to them ages before.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Gold Coast
Date FlownApril 2017

"only good thing is the punctuality"

Verified Review | Singapore to Kuala Lumpur. Tigerair is the airline you would want to avoid. Being the budget airline, they charge for every single thing, including excess of 1-2kg of baggage. I was charged for SGD$60 for excess of 3kg, which is absolutely mad. I also faced with extremely rude group staff who have no customer service skill at all. The excess baggage was done randomly, which again is not professional at all. There was a time they charged me for just changing the air ticket timing, which turned out to be more expensive than buying a whole new ticket. The planes are old. The only good thing about this airline is the punctuality.
RouteSingapore to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownApril 2017

"a surprise birthday celebration "

Unverified | Singapore to Bangkok. The crew organised a surprise birthday celebration for my wife on board the airplane. The crew were friendly, caring and helpful and offered their own donuts to my wife to represent it as a cake. My family are so grateful to their kind hospitality. Keep it up! Tigerair will be my first priority for my next destination. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
RouteSingapore to Bangkok
Date FlownMarch 2017

"the little things that matter"

Verified Review | Singapore to Taipei, travelling in June 2017. Kudos to Customer Service Team for their quick and satisfactory service. They went against its non-refund policy to grant me a USD60 refund for checked in baggage that I had wrongly booked. Though the amount involved is not a big amount, it shows their gesture of good will and willingness to be flexible and accommodating. Truly appreciated - it's the little things that matter and so far so good.
RouteSingapore to Taipei