Top 100 Airlines

Tigerair

"very efficient and polite"

Verified Review | I recently made an error on my online booking for my flight from Bali to Singapore and contacted Tigerair customer service to request a refund. They responded very promptly to advise they were looking into my request. They again came back very promptly and although the initial offer of credit was not suitable when I explained my travel plans they came back immediately with a refund option. I found their customer service very efficient and polite. Very impressed with the support I was given.
RouteDPS to SIN
Date FlownMay 2016

"flight basic and uneventful"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Boarding simple and much faster than I predicted, since they board from back to front and I was sitting in 2D. Made it on board in two minutes, got settled. Captain and First Officer seemed professional, but didn't notify as to the reason we sat at the gate for 20 minutes till right before we pushed back and said it was a ATC hold. Polite crew, but they didn't do much to smile and welcome every passenger. My vantage point from 2D showed me that they are mainly there to guide people down the aisle, welcome some of them and help with overhead storage. Flight was basic and uneventful, but Tigerair crew seems more focused on completing what must be a well scripted and revenue-generating process of selling food and drink, issuing opportunities for duty free twice in one three hour and 25 minute flight, and cleaning up after the meal. Other than that, they just sat in the front bulkhead and chatted. Lots of storms this time of year, and you can't avoid the bumps, but you can tell they have their skills and duties sorted out and felt nothing but calmness and awareness from them the entire ride. Wonderfully executed touchdown in a slight crosswind. The only disappointing thing is their KrisFlyer points allocation. For a roughly four hour journey, I only accrued 100 points. Seems it would be at least 1300. It would have been on Cathay or Singapore.
RouteSIN to HKG
Date FlownApril 2016

"no wheelchair to be seen"

Verified Review | Having spent 4 days of my holiday in Bangkok Phuket Hospital with an attack of Bronchitis I was pleased to be returning once again to Singapore. Whilst at Phuket I arranged and paid for a wheelchair to be provided and the service I received from the staff at Phuket Airport was excellent. I was assured that a wheelchair would be awaiting me upon my arrival at Changi. Unfortunately when we landed there was no wheelchair to be seen. A female member of the cabin crew ran off to find the chair whilst I hobbled as best I could. Half way to arrivals I met the cabin crew member, now running the other way with the chair which she helped me into and another passenger then took over and wheeled me right through to the baggage area.
RouteHKT to SIN
Date FlownMarch 2016

"TigerAir lost my luggage"

(Vietnam)

Verified Review | Ho chi Minh to Chennai via Singapore. TigerAir lost my luggage, and then said they would send it on next flight, but didn't. Then said they'd fly it to another airport, but didn't. I was surprised I got it back at all, 1 month later. Total cost in renewed visas, flight changes, (including a missed flight), and hotels in the wrong place (waiting near the airport) - $1200. Next time I fly on a more secure, more honest airline and save money that way. TigerAir are of course not interested in covering my losses.
RouteSGN to MAA via SIN
Date FlownMarch 2016

"crew have smiles on their faces"

Singapore to Phuket on 14th March. As my mom is a plus size she needs a seatbelt extension. I politely asked the cabin crew for the extension. She rudely tells me later, with her arrogant attitude. I then got a bit worried as the aircraft was about to move, and asked her again for the seat belt extension, and again she gave me the same annoying attitude. Later she came and passed me the extension. But today on the return flight I ask for the extension, and to my astonishment the cabin crew thanked me for requesting the extension and provided this. I noticed the rest of the crew have smiles on their faces and it feels very welcoming.
RouteSIN to HKT
Date FlownMarch 2016

"surprisingly good service "

Surprisingly good service for a budget airline! on this flight from Singapore to Maldives. A lot better than other budget airline where they shut the blinds on you after take off. I like how the air stewards and stewardesses patrol the aisle several times.
RouteSIN to MLE

"worked great for me"

For the price, I was happy with the service and flight with Tigerair. My flights went from Phuket to Singapore to Saigon, but had an overnight layover in Singapore. I chose the long layover to give me a chance to see the city. Both flights were relatively short, about 1.5 hours long. But they were both right on time. No drinks were free, but for the price I paid, I am fine with that. Drinks and food were available, but overpriced. Coke in Thailand is 40 cents. On Tigerair, its $3. Despite this, the airline performed where I wanted it, my luggage was delivered on time. I pre-purchased 20kg of luggage each way. If you had just a carry on, the flights would have been ridiculously inexpensive. The boarding process was a bit odd, but not sure if this was just Tigerair, or the airports. Tigerair worked great for me, and if you aren't looking for lots of bells and whistles, it will likely work for you.
RouteHKT to SGN via SIN
Date FlownMarch 2016

"Tigerair lost my luggage"

I have flown Tiger many times without problems and this is the first. Tigerair lost my luggage in Singapore en route from Bangkok to Jakarta. I went to Jakarta my luggage did not. Losing luggage is not so bad. Not having a system to track and find and report is bad. Add that to the customer service that will tell you what you want to hear and actually do nothing. Therein is the problem. Tiger lost the luggage and Singapore Airport had the item - not Tiger. Tiger promised to send it on the next flight - they did not, then the next flight 2 hrs later - they did not. Then they promised to send it that next evening - after I had left Jakarta. So the arrangement was - They send it to Jakarta (after failing three times) and then they send it to me in Denpasar by another airline as Tiger do not fly to Denpasar. I had no confidence of ever seeing my luggage again! So I flew back to Singapore and found my bag in SAC Lost Office - not in any tiger facility. They did not have - they never did have it and they did not seem to care. Very disappointing - to say the least.
RouteBKK to CGK via SIN

"smooth and hassle free"

Our experience with Tigerair from Singapore to Kalibo was good - mainly due to the crew onboard who made our flight memorable, smooth and hassle free. Value for money. We never regret getting the extra legroom seats. Excellent.
RouteSIN to KLO
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"an okay experience"

(China)

Ningbo to Singapore with Tigerair, and the flight was okay, staff was unfriendly and didn't smile but I didn't have to interact with them except hello and goodbye, both of which went unanswered. The departure was a bit delayed (30 minutes) but we arrived in Singapore almost on time. Seats were quite comfortable, nice magazine to read. I would fly with them again if the flight is cheap enough, as overall it was an okay experience.
RouteNGB to SIN