Top 100 Airports

Tigerair

"not enough leg spacing"

(Bangladesh)

Guess you get it what you pay for. Was a cheap flight for Dhaka to Singapore return. Bought a service called "Board me first" which suppose to board me on the plane first. They even didn't asked for, so I had to tell them I am a "Board me first" passenger. Because it's a cheap flight, no food, even water, served to others. Thank god I had meal on my flight, and the food are horrible. Only the water worth paying for (12 USD for the meal), because they don't provide water at all. Seems like they just put as many seats as possible, not enough leg spacing.
RouteDAC to SIN
Date FlownMay 2016

"always been a good experience"

Verified Review | Singapore to Manila Clark. Tigerair has been my airline of choice for a good number of times, the ticket price have always been competitive if not the lowest for the route. Despite being a budget airline the staff does try their best to accommodate any such request I or my family may ask. The only thing I would like to raise for awareness to the management is to be a bit more lenient when it comes to rebooking a flight, suggest to remove "extra extra" charges especially if they are dealing with a loyal customer. Other than that, it has always been a good experience with Tiger Air!
RouteSIN to CRK
Date FlownJuly 2016

"friendly, helpful and polite"

Verified Review | I'm travelled from Ho Chi Minh City to Singapore with Tigerair, unexpected treatment from budget airline. Cabin crew was very friendly, helpful and polite. Much better than some other airlines.
RouteSGN to SIN
Date FlownJuly 2016

"staff welcomed us warmly"

Verified Review | I traveled from Hyderabad to Singapore with Tigerair flight TR2625. After reading a few reviews about budget airlines I didn't expect different treatment but surprisingly staff welcomed us warmly and helped to settle down with a pleasing smile. Take off and landing are amazingly smooth - it was a wonderful flight.
RouteHYD to SIN
Date FlownJuly 2016

"ground staff polite and kind"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Singapore to Surabaya TR2260 with Tigerair A320. The flight depart and arrive on time. The ground staff was polite and kind. Boarding was quick and smooth and cabin crew greeted us warmly. The price was not very expensive thus we decide to choose TIgerair. The seat was an LCC standard. Overall, It was a nice flight with Tigerair.
RouteSIN to SUB
Date FlownMarch 2016

"staff were super friendly"

Singapore to Ipoh with Tigerair. It was a short flight of about an hour and a half. The flight took off with a 5 minutes delay due but arrived Ipoh before the scheduled time. The captain was fantastic as he greeted us warmly when we alighted the plane. The staff were super friendly. The price I feel is a bit high because Firefly offer a cheaper price and I might choose Tigerair if Firefly is not available. The seat was not comfortable for long journeys - it feels like you are sitting on metal. The inflight entertainment was so so but overall a good flight to Ipoh.
RouteSIN to IPH
Date FlownDecember 2015

"lack of transparency"

(Vietnam)

Verified Review | Singapore to Ho Chi Minh City with Tigerair. Flight experience was as expected for a low cost carriers - I chose it as the schedule was more convenient than other options on this route. Have taken Tigerair many times however this was the first time that after checking in and in the queue for passport control I was pulled out if the line by 2 security people had my carry on bag and back pack weighed and learned that you are only allowed to take 10 kg combined weight. I had exactly the same luggage as my inbound leg and had no issue at all but here I was forced to pay $50 to have my bag checked in. Poor experience and lack of transparency by the airline. Why was this not done at the check-in counter? I learned my lessson - never again will use this airline as I'm not willing to put up with these kind of schemes and rip-offs.
RouteSingapore to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownJune 2016

"relatively terrible experience"

(Hong Kong)

Hong Kong to Bali Denpasar via Singapore return with Tigerair. Relatively terrible experience across the four individual flights. First, HKG-SIN boarded after an hour delay (no reason/apology given). Pulled back from gate, then swiftly returned. Was told there was an engine fault. Sat onboard for another half an hour. Then told we needed to disembark, which meant going all the way back through transfer security (painful process considering there was only 1 lane open in the midfield concourse at this time of night). Finally boarded again. Eventual takeoff just under 3 hours late, but very little sincere apology given by staff. Was still charged for a glass of water despite the delay. Second flight from SIN-DPS also delayed once onboard due to technical glitch, although thankfully did not have to disembark this time. Return flights, DPS-SIN fine and almost on time, but SIN-HKG yet again delayed once onboard for another technical issue. 3 flights out of 4 having technical issues is quite alarming and does not fill one with confidence. Legroom is standard for a cheap airline but the seats themselves are extremely uncomfortable. Aircraft looking quite dated. Departure gates regularly changed at the last minute. Prices of food onboard expensive and quality below average. Perhaps the worst offence of all - amidst the chaos of the disembarkation on the first flight, I note that there was no safety demonstration given by the crew at all before take off.
AircraftA319, A320
RouteHKG to DPS via SIN
Date FlownMay 2016

"flight attendants were quite haughty"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | Flew Tigerair from Singapore Changi to Denpasar Bali roundtrip. Used the boardmefirst service, which let us board a few minutes before all the other passengers. The airplane was OK but very cramped. There was no inflight entertainment onboard, and no food included in the price. The flight attendants were quite haughty, but thankfully the flight was only just over two hours. We arrived on time.
RouteSIN to DPS
Date FlownMay 2016

"very efficient and polite"

Verified Review | I recently made an error on my online booking for my flight from Bali to Singapore and contacted Tigerair customer service to request a refund. They responded very promptly to advise they were looking into my request. They again came back very promptly and although the initial offer of credit was not suitable when I explained my travel plans they came back immediately with a refund option. I found their customer service very efficient and polite. Very impressed with the support I was given.
RouteDPS to SIN