Best Cabin Crew

Tigerair

"an okay experience"

(China)

Ningbo to Singapore with Tigerair, and the flight was okay, staff was unfriendly and didn't smile but I didn't have to interact with them except hello and goodbye, both of which went unanswered. The departure was a bit delayed (30 minutes) but we arrived in Singapore almost on time. Seats were quite comfortable, nice magazine to read. I would fly with them again if the flight is cheap enough, as overall it was an okay experience.
RouteNGB to SIN

"get what you paid for"

(Bangladesh)

Dhaka to Manila via Singapore, and with Tigerair you get what you paid for. The best thing, it is cheap for those travelling on a tight budget. You will get the minimum in order to get to your destination. I had 4 flights, no delays. What I didn't like (I can't complain because it's a budget airline) was the food Quality, I wouldn't buy any hot meals again from Tigerair. The quality is not good. Again, you'll get the minimum in order to get to your destination. You will not even have a blanket even if it's freezing in the Cabin.
RouteDAC to MNL via SIN
Date FlownOctober 2015

"cheap hassle free flight"

(Zambia)

Langkawi to Singapore. I had booked two flights on Tiger Air, I was notified by email that one had been cancelled and given the option of a full refund or a flight the next day. I chose the refund and two days later the money was in my account. I had taken out the online insurance offer when booking, I had to fight and send mails back and forth for a refund on the insurance premium - I was first told no refunds once a certificate of insurance has been issued - after threating the insurance company by going to the insurance ombudsman I was refunded. Flight was on time, check in was easy, flight was fine. as with all bucket airlines, read the small print, follow the instructions about online check-in and prepaid bags and you'll have a cheap hassle free flight. I will be flying with them again.
RouteLGK to SIN

"an unscheduled delay"

(Indonesia)

Singapore to Denpasar with Tigerair. This was a trial, I usually fly Garuda or SQ. I figured it was worth trying Tiger as their itinerary fit what I wanted. When I showed up to check in I was given a ticket and the agent asked me to go to the service counter. I asked why and he informed me that the flight was 3 hours delayed. At the service desk they informed me that I had been unreachable when they tried to inform me about 45 minutes previously. As if that would have made a difference. I asked why there was a delay and was told it was a maintenance issue or a refilling issue. In neither case does that explain an unscheduled delay. I certainly won't choose to fly them again without some testimony suggesting my experience is highly irregular.
RouteSIN to DPS

"lost loyal travellers"

Denpasar to Singapore. I am a regular customer of Tigerair and in general quite satisfied with their value for money proposition. Now for our upcoming holiday I forgot to turn off the 20 kg add-on luggage option that is the standard option for all of my 5 family members both ways. At 27$ per person the maximum added costs is 270$. When I called their service hotline for some leniency it was made clear that once confirmed nothing could be refunded. Actually the lady said that "no refund is possible for all services you added." I calmly made clear to her that I didn't add anything but that her airline added it for me. Still, nothing could be done. Tigerair just lost a whole family of loyal travellers.
RouteDPS to SIN

"values customers time"

On 28 September 2015, my friend and I were flying back from Taipei to Singapore at 1730. Our flight was cancelled due to Typhoon Dujuan. All other flights were also cancelled and we had to find our own accommodations as most of the hotels around the airport were full. We were told to return to the airport at 9am for a flight at 1245 on 29 September. When we returned, the airport was chaotic due to the large number of cancelled flights the previous day. Many of the budget airlines had cancelled their flights and their passenger had to find tickets for themselves as no replacement flights were given. We obtained our new boarding passes and proceeded to the gate. Unfortunately, there were not enough buses to bring us to our plane and we finally departed Taipei at 2am. During the flight, some passengers were concerned that they were absent from work for 2 days and requested a letter from the airline to explain the situation. When we finally arrived in Singapore at 6am. The COO of Tiger irways came on board our flight to apologize for the delay and gave every passenger a letter and S$200 cash! I was never a big fan of Tiger until this moment. Not only did this budget airline give us a replacement flight. They must have lost a great deal of money for our flight since the one way fare from Taipei to Singapore is only about S$150! This is a company that values customers time, convenience and business. This is not even an action that a full fare airline would have taken. I will always make Tiger Airways my first priority from now on.
RouteTPE to SIN
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"no attempt to communicate delay"

Tigerair flight from Bangalore to Singapore delayed by 3 hours through midnight and the airline manager sheepishly mentioned that a few passengers did get the notification when it was obvious that the airline made no attempt to communicate the delay. The intention was not to make the travel at all convenient for its passengers.
RouteBangalore to Singapore
Date FlownDecember 2015

"it's a decent airline"

Singapore to Bangkok with Tigerair, a budget Asian carrier. It's hub is in Singapore and it flies a pretty extensive network around Southeast Asia. In-laws in Singapore recommended Tiger over its main competitors, AirAsia and JetStar. We have flown with them numerous times, the latest being a trip to Bngkok and back. Checking in at Changi in Singapore was a breeze as there was, for the first time, no line at the counter. Checking in at Bangkok was a lot more troublesome, as a group of seven was in line ahead of us and, instead of using the group check-in line, used the regular line. A substantial line developed behind this group as the Tigerair agent appeared to be relatively new on the job and seemed flustered. Another agent opened up and he took care of us quickly. Tigerair has a good boarding system, when they follow it, and so boarding is usually quite quick. Tiger has a couple of A319's, but mostly use A320's on their routes. Seat pitch is minimal at 30", so it's a little hard on me at 6'2" tall, but it's not unbearable as most of the flights we take are only 2-2.5 hours in duration. There is no IFE, meal or beverage service (unless paid for) and no in-seat power. Planes are kept quite neat and the seats, apart from the legroom, are pretty comfortable. I wouldn't want to fly Tiger much more than the 2-2.5 hours that we've done in the past, but for flights under this duration, it's a decent airline and, much to the shame of this American, offers a similar flight experience to the big three US legacy carriers.
RouteSIN to BKK
Date FlownNovember 2015

"on time and quite economical"

We were 4 people travelling from Bangalore to Denpasar via Singapore. Tigerair is a budget airline. No check-ins are allowed. Cabin baggage of 2 per person with max 10Kg each. Since there's airport transfer in Singapore, we need to pay extra money and is not included in ticket. We had no idea and were in shock when we were asked to pay INR 7700 (S$40 per person) in Bangalore airport. Ground staff couldn't explain us the reason why we need to pay and couldn't help us to pay online for the return either. They said that had we paid online 48hrs in advance, it's about INR 2000 lesser but unfortunately, we had no idea. For return journey, we couldn't figure out in Tigerair website and had to pay the same amount in Singapore airport. In Singapore airport, a person explained the reason for payment and was very helpful for our queries. I wish Tigerair had given more information ahead or include it in ticket since it needs to be paid anyway. Even in website, it's very difficult to determine how to pay the amount online. We had long wait in Singapore (9.5hr). We couldn't avail free Singapore trip (Changi airport offers that) since we were on budget airline and we didn't have a Singapore visa and Indian passport is not allowed for transit or on-arrival visa. On positive side, timings were maintained perfectly and quite economical.
RouteBLR to DPS via SIN
Date FlownNovember 2015

"Kudos to the TigerAir ground crew"

My wife and my three children aged 6, 4 and 1 were travelling from Ipoh to Singapore on Tigerair 2483 on the 29th November 2015. Being a small airport, we were pleasantly surprised by the attentive ground crew who helped my wife and I carry out cabin carry-ons up the stairway to the aircraft and all the way to our seats. That certainly helped us greatly as the distance from the waiting area to the aircraft requires about a 200m walk across the tarmac. With the ground crew help we could carry our infant and hold the hands of our toddlers. Kudos to the TigerAir ground crew at Ipoh Airport, Malaysia!
RouteIpoh to Singapore