Top 100 Airlines

SilkAir

"served refreshments very late"

Chennai to Singapore with SilkAir (MI435). Flight attendants served the refreshments and meal very late as there appeared to be many trainees. I had to wait for almost 3 hours to be asked by one of the flight attendant if I had been served. When I asked for vegetarian food, they said that all the vegetarian meals are over and only non-vegetarian is available. I asked if there was an alternative and they provided me with a cup noodles. They had totally missed out serving some seats - it was poor service.
RouteMAA to SIN
Date FlownMay 2016

"disappointed with the service"

Verified Review | Chiang Mai to Singapore (MI705) and was so disappointed with the service. Was traveling back with a group of friends and we were sitting in the last fews rows. We could not get any rest on the way back because the staff were talking, joking and laughing so loudly. I understand at work the need to joke / socialise to pass time but I think this was way too much.
RouteCNX to SIN
Date FlownMay 2016

"seat was comfortable"

Flew Singapore to Hanoi with SilkAir. Transited through Singapore, so no check in. Boarding was efficient. Cabin staff were very helpful in stowing hand luggage in overheads. Flight left on time. Seat was comfortable for a short flight. Meal served was good. Cabin staff had limited English, but did their best to be helpful.
RouteSIN to HAN
Date FlownApril 2016

"pricey for a short haul flight"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Singapore - Medan, MI234, 16 April 2016, 6C. Transit in Singapore. Checked-in from the previous destination. Ground service was a little bit disappointing, they had changed my seats without notifying me by email or phone and because I already had my boarding pass from the previous destination I did not go to the transfer counter. However, I did not have any passengers in the middle and window seat so I could see the view and easily get out for toilet without disturbing other passengers. The seat was good and new. The cabin crews were okay. I tried the IFE by WiFi as this is one of their facilities onboard, it was great but had less choice. Food was decent for a short haul flight. Overall, it was great but pricey for a short haul flight.
RouteSIN to KNO
Date FlownApril 2016

"budget airline quality"

Verified Review | Singapore to Kunming with SilkAir. Singapore Airlines price but budget airline quality - very disappointing. The seats are not comfortable as they are very small (like budget airline), food was not good and there is hardly any inflight entertainment. Silkair should either reduce its price substantially or improve its quality to be comparable with Singapore Airlines. Unfortunately, a lot of the routes are only offered by Silkair so passengers like me have no choice. Otherwise, I would not travel by Silkair.
RouteSIN to KMG
Date FlownDecember 2015

"functional but lacked much polish"

(Myanmar)

Verified Review | SilkAir from Singapore to Yangon was noticeably inferior to my outbound Singapore Airlines flight. The seats are tightly packed, resulting in minimal legroom, and were not particularly comfortable. No AVOD, but entertainment screened on the communal video screens. Food was okay, and a choice of wine or beer was served. Cabin crew were professional and polite, but lacked enthusiasm. Overall, everything was functional but lacked much polish.
RouteSIN to RGN
Date FlownMarch 2016

"good service and adequate food"

Yangon to Singapore with SilkAir, and good service and adequate food. Crew was helpful and flight was on time. Seat pitch was a major problem, could not sit without touching back of front seat. Luckily crew assisted me and I could move to an emergency exit seat. I flew a few days before from Singapore to Mandalay in A320-200 and seat pitch was fine.
RouteRGN to SIN
Date FlownMarch 2016

"I'd happily use them again"

SilkAir from Singapore to Siem Reap and Phnom Penh to Singapore, connecting with Singapore Airlines flights to/from London. SilkAir is a decent regional carrier but doesn't quite match the standards of its parent company, Singapore Airlines. Both flights were on time, the outbound leg couldn't have been more than 30-40% full giving lots of room. The planes were clean and comfortable, service was provided with a smile. A meal on a short flight (2 hours) is a step up from regional European airlines. Landings were not the smoothest, but overall the flights were perfectly pleasant. There's nothing about SilkAir that totally wows me, but I'd happily use them again.
RouteSIN to REP
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"I will avoid flying SilkAir"

(Japan)

From Singapore to Okinawa onboard the charter flight and SilkAir has far service from SQ and some budget airlines. The plane was new and the seats was comfortable, but food was awful. The overhead entertainment screen was noise and won't allow me to sleep. Before landing, drinks and breakfast was served and the salmon was good. Arriving at the airport was waiting on the plane for 20 minutes. How can SQ offer better service and SilkAir is like a budget airline. ANA might be better than both. I will avoid flying SilkAir in the future.
RouteSIN to OKA
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"enjoyable experience"

Short trip from Kuching to Singapore but enjoyable experience with SilkAir. Check in via the Singapore Air app on my iPhone the day before I fly. When I arrived at Kuching Airport, my check-in process was easy. The cabin crew friendly and warm. Egg sandwich served. The A319 is quite old and it would be great to see SilkAir with more new Boeing 737 aircraft that come with a USB port. SilkAir Studio worked on my iOS devices and watched some short TV shows. Overall it was a joy to fly with SilkAir.
AircraftA319-100