SilkAir

Review by (Kuwait)

The outbound flight from COK was on time and the crew were tolerant to us even though we were a bit late to get to the gate. The crew were friendly and the food was okay (had ordered an avml meal). The boeing sky interior was fantastic. The leg space was a bit small. Im around 6 foot and I was cramped. The crew were friendly and pleasant. The toilet was clean too. However I can't believe that they have no personal IFE screens and no headphones were provided either. I spent the 4 hour journey reading and sleeping. The inbound flight was pretty much the same as the the outbound but the seats were quite worn out. The worst thing was the food.
RouteCOK to SIN
Date FlownAugust 2015

Review by (Kuwait)

SilkAir isn't the best airline I've travelled with. COK-SIN was on time and the crew was tolerant even though we were a bit late getting to the gate. The crew were friendly and the food was okay (ordered an avml meal). The Boeing Sky Interior was fantastic. The leg space was small. I'm around 6ft and I was cramped up a bit. The crew were friendly and pleasant. The toilet was clean too. SilkAir had no personal IFE screens. They don't provide headphones either. I spent the 4 hour journey reading and sleeping. The inbound flight was pretty much the same as the the outbound. The worst thing was the food. It was horrible. It is an okay airline to travel with provided that it is the cheapest you get.
RouteCOK to SIN
Date FlownAugust 2015

Review by (United Kingdom)

Our flight from Singapore to Kuala Lumpar was great. The flight is only 45mins but had a drink service, and WiFi - I didn't expect them to have this option. You can also listen to music, read about the airline and watch a small variety of movies. This seats were comfortable. The only disappointment was there was no snack with the drinks.
AircraftAirbus A320
RouteSIN to KUL
Date FlownJuly 2015

Review by (Singapore)

Check-in counters opened 2 hours before the flight and a queue formed as early as an hour before the counters opened. Being a PPS club member, was able to queue at business class queue even though I flew economy. The ground crew had a list of the names allowed to queue in the business class check in queue and those who were not flying business class or PPS club members were asked to queue in the economy class queue which made the line short. Ground crew and flight crew very friendly. Route was via Cebu and was invited to use the lounge in both Davao and Cebu which had decent food options. Flight crew very professional and friendly even though it was an almost full load in economy. One complaint is that they run out of food options early and those at the rear only had one choice of food left. Crew very apologetic but this is not the first time this happened on SilkAir (happened in my inbound leg to Davao too). Both food options were good though. Didn't try the entertainment system and most passengers chose to sleep through the flight. It was an enjoyable flight and am so glad that they have this very convenient connection between Singapore and Davao.
AircraftB737-800
RouteDavao to Singapore via Cebu
Date FlownJune 2015

Review by (Singapore)

I went on MI599 bound for Kalibo. The service was excellent food and beverages were fairly good the seat pitch was excellent. The cabin crew service was excellent. I would suggest to add LED or AVOD personal TV screens as it was a 3.5 hour flight with not a lot of entertainment. Other than that I rate my experience 100%!

Review by (United Kingdom)

SIN-KUL economy (MI342) 13 May 2015. I took this flight as my previous flight into Singapore was delayed meaning that I missed my connection. The service is generally inferior to Singapore Airlines. The airplane is neat and tidy with reasonable comfortable seats (it was ok for a 45 minute flight). Food consisted in a small drink (orange juice) without even a glass; poorer than usual 3-4 stars European airlines. the flight was on time and cabin crew was generally pleasant. not particularly attentive though. A service comparable to a 3 star European carrier.

Review by (United Kingdom)

Singapore to Siem Reap in Economy. Decent A320 which was clean and comfortable. We did not eat the food as we ate at the airport before the flight but for a relatively short flight the food looked substantial-comings from Europe a shorthaul flight with 'proper' food is a rarity these days! Got to chose our seats beforehand online when booking so that was good-no extra charge for that or baggage. Recommend for a short haul trip-but in reality they are not that cheap-we could have gone Business Class on Vietnam Airlines for the same price but that would have meant a connection in Saigon which would be a pain - Silkair are I think the only direct service between Singapore and Siem Reap so I guess they price accordingly (don't blame them for that).

Review by (Indonesia)

Makassar (UPG) to Singapore on 16 March 2015 flight MI-141 and return on 23 March 2015 MI-142. Good service departure on time 30 kg baggage allowance these I like. The only thing I don't like is the meal. If you don't like chicken expect to starve during the flight. The choices were Rice with Chicken or Pasta with Chicken. On the return flight the choices were Rice with Chicken or Egg with Chicken Sausage. Why not choice of Chicken or Beef/Fish?

Review by (Indonesia)

This was my first experience flying Silk Air. I took two flights in March from Chiang Mai to Singapore and Singapore to Bali. Both flights on time and the crew where friendly and professional. No seat back ICE but you can log on to there system via a laptop smartphone for some entertainment. Appreciated the 30 kgs luggage allowance in economy and I was able to check in the day before at Changi airport which made luggage storage much easier. The only negative was the food which let down the rest of the flight. I would fly with them again.

Review by (Australia)

Phuket - Singapore 7 February. A very comfortable flight. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The food was also very generous for such a short flight. The IFE was very limited but that didn't matter given how short the flight was.