SilkAir

Review by (United Kingdom) 6th July 2015

Our flight from Singapore to Kuala Lumpar was great. The flight is only 45mins but had a drink service, and WiFi - I didn't expect them to have this option. You can also listen to music, read about the airline and watch a small variety of movies. This seats were comfortable. The only disappointment was there was no snack with the drinks.
AircraftAirbus A320
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteSIN to KUL

Review by (Singapore) 18th June 2015

Check-in counters opened 2 hours before the flight and a queue formed as early as an hour before the counters opened. Being a PPS club member, was able to queue at business class queue even though I flew economy. The ground crew had a list of the names allowed to queue in the business class check in queue and those who were not flying business class or PPS club members were asked to queue in the economy class queue which made the line short. Ground crew and flight crew very friendly. Route was via Cebu and was invited to use the lounge in both Davao and Cebu which had decent food options. Flight crew very professional and friendly even though it was an almost full load in economy. One complaint is that they run out of food options early and those at the rear only had one choice of food left. Crew very apologetic but this is not the first time this happened on SilkAir (happened in my inbound leg to Davao too). Both food options were good though. Didn't try the entertainment system and most passengers chose to sleep through the flight. It was an enjoyable flight and am so glad that they have this very convenient connection between Singapore and Davao.
AircraftB737-800
RouteDavao to Singapore via Cebu

Review by (Singapore) 31st May 2015

I went on MI599 bound for Kalibo. The service was excellent food and beverages were fairly good the seat pitch was excellent. The cabin crew service was excellent. I would suggest to add LED or AVOD personal TV screens as it was a 3.5 hour flight with not a lot of entertainment. Other than that I rate my experience 100%!

Review by (United Kingdom) 20th May 2015

SIN-KUL economy (MI342) 13 May 2015. I took this flight as my previous flight into Singapore was delayed meaning that I missed my connection. The service is generally inferior to Singapore Airlines. The airplane is neat and tidy with reasonable comfortable seats (it was ok for a 45 minute flight). Food consisted in a small drink (orange juice) without even a glass; poorer than usual 3-4 stars European airlines. the flight was on time and cabin crew was generally pleasant. not particularly attentive though. A service comparable to a 3 star European carrier.

Review by (United Kingdom) 14th April 2015

Singapore to Siem Reap in Economy. Decent A320 which was clean and comfortable. We did not eat the food as we ate at the airport before the flight but for a relatively short flight the food looked substantial-comings from Europe a shorthaul flight with 'proper' food is a rarity these days! Got to chose our seats beforehand online when booking so that was good-no extra charge for that or baggage. Recommend for a short haul trip-but in reality they are not that cheap-we could have gone Business Class on Vietnam Airlines for the same price but that would have meant a connection in Saigon which would be a pain - Silkair are I think the only direct service between Singapore and Siem Reap so I guess they price accordingly (don't blame them for that).

Review by (Indonesia) 4th April 2015

Makassar (UPG) to Singapore on 16 March 2015 flight MI-141 and return on 23 March 2015 MI-142. Good service departure on time 30 kg baggage allowance these I like. The only thing I don't like is the meal. If you don't like chicken expect to starve during the flight. The choices were Rice with Chicken or Pasta with Chicken. On the return flight the choices were Rice with Chicken or Egg with Chicken Sausage. Why not choice of Chicken or Beef/Fish?

Review by (Indonesia) 20th March 2015

This was my first experience flying Silk Air. I took two flights in March from Chiang Mai to Singapore and Singapore to Bali. Both flights on time and the crew where friendly and professional. No seat back ICE but you can log on to there system via a laptop smartphone for some entertainment. Appreciated the 30 kgs luggage allowance in economy and I was able to check in the day before at Changi airport which made luggage storage much easier. The only negative was the food which let down the rest of the flight. I would fly with them again.

Review by (Australia) 9th March 2015

Phuket - Singapore 7 February. A very comfortable flight. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The food was also very generous for such a short flight. The IFE was very limited but that didn't matter given how short the flight was.

Review by (United Kingdom) 9th March 2015

Caught the 18.25 Siem Reap to Singapore (Flight 5023) on Tuesday 17 Feb 2015. We hoped to have a meal as expected on an evening flight but were very disappointed. We were about the last to be served and there was only a "very" spicy seafood dish left. (Not a very wise menu choice by the airline in the first place). We don't eat seafood let alone very spicy food anyway. The chicken dish had all gone and that was that. So we asked if there was any vegetarian left and although we had not pre-ordered this there was a chance we thought. But no nothing left! So we looked at the hostess and said anything else around? Only pot noodles. So she brought seaweed flavour pot noodles for our meal. Not very nice really! Then the dessert was poor also - 2 pieces of water melon and also 2 chunks of tinned pineapple. Very poor food indeed! Thank goodness our connecting flight back to the UK had good refreshments!
Value For Money N/A

Review by (Singapore) 4th March 2015

Coimbatore to Singapore trip. While waiting to board the flight which was supposed to depart at 23.25 hours Silkair announced that the departure was delayed. An hour later they said the flight was delayed by 14+ hours and would take of next day at 14.00. Then came so much of confusion. We had already completed immigration and now Silkair had to work with Indian Immigration Customs and Airport Security to clear us to leave the airport. Silkair asked us to go to International Arrivals and on the way we were stopped by Security who refused to allow this. For the next hour there were arguments between Silkair Security and Immigration. We were stuck in no-man's land inside the airport and there was no air-conditioning in that area. Nobody had any idea on how to handle the situation. An Immigration officer told me that local representatives of Silkair in Coimbatore do not have cordial working relationship with the authorities like Immigration and Airport Security and so no one wants to co-operate with Silkair. After nearly an hour we were allowed to leave the airport. The flight left next day at 15.00 hours a delay of 15.5 hours. Silkair could not arrange for meals and so gave only biscuits during the 4 hour flight. Upon landing at Changi Airport baggage belt was changed 4 times leading to passenger running from one belt to another causing more frustration. I regret travelling by Silkair.