Best Cabin Crew

SilkAir

"like a budget carrier"

Singapore to Manado with SilkAir, and for an airline that operates short to medium haul services I was disappointed by the lack of entertainment available. Bring your own ipad and you get to watch maybe 6 ancient movies. As a subsidiary of Singapore Airlines I would expect more. Food was chicken spaghetti which was tough spaghetti and 2 chicken nuggets. I don't understand why SQ have such a great product and SilkAir is like a budget carrier.
RouteSIN to MDC
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"food and beverage service was excellent"

The actual flight with Silkair from Danang to Singapore was fine but the business lounge in Danang was unpleasant. The was little choice of beverages or food. The main choices were quick noodles and dried biscuits - a very poor experience. In addition, we arrived 3 hours prior to our flight, as instructed, only to be told to wait 30 minutes for check in to open. Once inflight, the staff were great and the food and beverage service was excellent. Silkair at Danang needs to lift its game in its lounges, the service inflight was really good.
RouteDAD to SIN
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"crew were good and professional"

(Finland)

Singapore to Lombok with SilkAir and problems with booking - slow response. Two to go promotion but at the last minute the second passenger became ill and unfit to fly with doctors letter, and after much deliberation and arguments I was allowed to fly without having to pay the extra amount they wanted me to in the first place. I was sent a late email to check in for flight, without the office calling to inform as promised. Ground staff at check in made me wait for a wheelchair assistant till last minute even though this was booked way in advance. Food served onboard was okay and the cabin crew were good and professional.
RouteSIN to LOP
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"I still recommend SilkAir"

Singapore to Kuching, and I love the new uniform the SilkAir crew is wearing. I requested to change my seat and the ground staff at Changi Airport T2 helped me without much fuss. 4-star service from cabin crew, the inflight entertainment is pretty good. Works well on my iPhone 5c. Fair amount of entertainment considering SilkAir only operate short haul flights. Food was fine. Overall I still recommend SilkAir to others.
RouteSIN to KCH

"pleasant short flight"

(Japan)

SilkAir from Bandung to Singapore Changi SIN. Flight got overbooked. Got an upgrade to business class. Cabin crew polite just a bit rushed in the galley during meal service. All in all pleasant short flight, with great food and good choice of tea.
RouteBDO to SIN

"get what you paid for"

Short SilkAir flight from Singapore to Medan one way. The ground service at Changi airport were very professional and boarding was smooth. The seat was standard for short haul flight and the plane seems very well maintained. The meal was average but I didn't make a big deal out of it since it was a short flight. Even though it was short flight, they still provided entertainment service via wireless connection. This is my first time flying with Silk Air and I will fly with them in the future. The price is premium though but you will get what you paid for.
RouteSIN to KNO

"legroom was uncomfortable"

I recently flew from Cairns to Bangalore via Singapore with SilkAir return. The aircraft was new and had a modern interior. The legroom though for a 6hr flight from Cairns to Singapore was inadequate and uncomfortable. Also, I found that when asking for minor things like some water, the staff seemed uninterested and like I was putting them out. Also, poor selection of choice from the SilkAir Studio to watch a movie through the inflight wifi on your device. Food was ok and adequate, but took a very long time to be served, much longer than most Airlines I have flown. Some positives though is the convenience to get to India, especially from a regional city like Cairns, with only one stop instead of two, unlike before. Also the price of the ticket was very reasonable considering it was peak season for travel to India. Overall, though I may look to fly another carrier in the future as my overall experience with SilkAir was not that great. Would much prefer to stick to Singapore Airlines.
RouteCNS to BLR via SIN
Date FlownDecember 2015

"seats give adequate legroom"

The SilkAir flight from Singapore to Hanoi was enjoyable, however the distribution of meals was rather slow and unprofessional of the cabin crew. The seats give adequate legroom but lack PTVs and there were only small dropdown screens from above. The landing was really smooth though.
RouteSingapore to Hanoi

"very uncomfortable flight"

Singapore to Darwin with SilkAir was a very uncomfortable flight I am a short person but the legroom was very tight. A German guy sitting across from me was 6ft tall and permanently had his knees buried in the seat in front. Leg room not designed for taller westerners even though we were travelling to a western country.
RouteSingapore to Darwin
Date FlownOctober 2015

"there was no entertainment"

(Thailand)

Cairns to Singapore via Darwin, using SilkAir. I arrived at 09.30 for 11.15 flight, but they couldn't for some obscure reason, find my booking. I could see my name on list, but couldn't get a boarding pass. As I was leaving Australia permanently, I had one extra suitcase, until they informed me it would cost $940 US - my whole ticket only cost $640 AUD. Got boarding pass 3 minutes before takeoff. I booked online, and in seat selection, the only seat that showed as available was an exit row, so I had paid $52AUD extra for seat. I was told at airport that I couldn't have the seat as I use a walking cane, and no refund was available. Onboard there was no entertainment - 6 hours to Singapore, no music or tv. One hour from Darwin, I asked FA for a can of beer and she advised, sorry no beer. All I can say is that the cabin staff are friendly.
RouteCNS to SIN via DRW