SilkAir

"it was a pleasant flight"

Not Verified | Singapore to Luang Prabang. Legroom is ok for this aircraft, however taller people will have slight difficulty. But is was understandable for A320 economy seats. Crew were attentive. Meal serving was sufficient for this route. A hot meal, followed by ice cream as dessert. Pea snacks before landing. There’s no personal screen, and you have to use your own tablets or phone. Entertainment selection on SilkAir studio was limited and not latest, however good enough to keep you occupied throughout the flight. For Apple user, remember to download their app first before boarding to enjoy the entertainment. Overall, it was a pleasant flight, given the amount you paid for.
RouteSingapore to Luang Prabang
Date FlownJune 2018

"my luggage was broken"

Trip Verified | Penang to Singapore. I was arriving to Singapore on the delayed MI349 on last Saturday (12-May-2018). I always trust SIA would handle my baggage properly as compared to other airlines. While getting my luggage covered with luggage cover, and with my trust with SIA companies, I did not check my baggage when I was still inside the airport. I took a Grab home, took my dinner before I was to unpack my stuffs. I got terribly shocked to look at how my luggage was broken. When I opened the cover, it is all cracked inside from the adjustable handler until down 30% of my luggage. I did not place much stuffs inside my luggage, but spare luggage and clothes. I contacted the customer service through the online form provided on the same night, and followed up again on 16-May-2018 (Wednesday), no news from SilkAir at all! I have tried to call SilkAir, but keep getting the wrong information online. It is one week since I last arrived and complained now. Still no sign of following up. The fare is not justifying on what we can get.
RoutePenang to Singapore
Date FlownMay 2018

"the staff work slowly"

(China)

Trip Verified | Penang to Singapore. So disappointed for Silkair, as it's slogan "Joy to fly", but I do not agree to that. This is mainly because the cabin crew are not nice, it doesn't deserve as a best regional airline. Penang is one of the most important route for Silkair, however, the ground service only open 2 hours before the fight, the staff open the counter 10mins later and the staff work slowly, I am Silver elite for Singapore Airline and already web check in, but the staff use more than 10 mins to handle my luggage and give me the passport. For the food, only provide a sandwich. I take AirAsia from SIN to Penang, the experience is much better even it's low cost airline.
RoutePenang to Singapore

"Crews are great"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Singapore to Manado. Both flights are on reasonably new Boeing 737-800. Crews are great and nothing is too troublesome for them. I ordered the meals from “All-time favorite” menu in advance and are very satisfied with quality and quantity on both flight. Toilet are kept clean and dry at all time and I believe that it was clean after every usage. Lounge in Manado has changed to Concordia lounge which is fantastic comparing to Bunaken lounge in my previous journey. Outgoing flight show quiet comedy on the screen, while the returning flight provide iPad to everyone as they want to keep cabin dark for passengers who choose to sleep. Some negative point is that seat in the 737 seemed to have less seat pitch, less recline and less comfortable than their A320 fleet, and the aircraft of my returning flight is not properly cleaned. There are a lot of black dust on air condition vent, crevices and even on overhead monitor.
RouteSingapore to Manado
Date FlownApril 2018

"Budget airline service for premium airline price"

Trip Verified | Flew Kathmandu to Singapore. Budget airline service for premium airline price. As part of Singapore Airlines you pay full SQ price but get nothing like the service. No PEV - download and use their garbage application which simply didn’t work. To be honest I would fly Thai Airlways via BKK. It might be longer in terms of time, however it’s far more comfortable than being crammed into Silk Air. 5 hours on Silk Air passes very slowly indeed. As Krisflyer Gold I would chose Thai Air and Malaysia Airlines over this lot.
RouteKathmandu to Singapore
Date FlownApril 2018

"service on board are good"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Yogyakarta to Singapore. Flight was on schedule. Most of service on board are good, with enough food and beverages. In flight entertainment has to use own mobile phone, but we have to download the application before on board, because no internet connection on board to download the application by apple store or google play. Airlines need to give more advance information about it before boarding. WiFi on board is only for the in flight entertainment but no internet connection.
AircraftA319/320
RouteYogyakarta to Singapore
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"A few fails on this flight"

Trip Verified | Siem Reap to Singapore. Single aisle aircraft, cvery cramped economy seats. Flight departed and arrived on time. Crew member instructions to 3 of us sitting in an exit row were unintelligible. They then dropped the overhead screens and tried to show something that nobody could discern what it was, primarily because they hadn't issued any headsets. Also two separate and polite requests tor arrival cards were ignored as none were handed out. A few fails on this flight.
RouteSiem Reap to Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2018

"they will change a plane"

Trip Verified | Took the 7.55pm flight Singapore to Kuala Lumpur on 7 March. The gate was changed less than an hour from the departure time. There was no one at the initial gate to re-direct the passengers. Only an announcement over the PA system which could have easily been missed. Later, we were informed that there had been a change in plane, therefore change in gate. At the new gate, a plane awaits us. We boarded the plane at the original boarding time. Upon boarding, it was instantaneous that one could feel the air con in the aircraft wasn't working. The entire plane was stuffy. With that poor ventilation and stuffiness, the airline should not have allowed passengers to board. The ordeal begins thereafter, and an entire plane of passengers were left in the stuffy aircraft for the next 3+ hours. In between, a passenger who wasn't feeling well was escorted out. Remaining passengers were left fanning themselves furiously. Though the pilot had the aircon restarted twice, it was obvious that was not in a state good enough to keep the aircraft less stuffy. Air stewardess and stewards could only keep serving iced water and refreshing towels. It was a pathetic state. When asked, the air stewards and stewardess looked clueless on what's going on. After a couple of tries and taxi-ing off from the gate, the pilot and engineers realised that it is not going to work. We were told that they will change a plane at close to 11pm. The next plane was scheduled to depart at 11.30pm. There were further delays to the 11.30pm. First they told us it's 5 minutes delay and we will be allowed to board at 11.35pm. But that was not the end of it. We finally begin boarding only at close to 12am. After we got off the aircraft with the faulty aircon, we were given a pack with pathetic food. Just before we board the replacement flight, we were given a slip of paper telling us that there is free wifi at the airport and we can notify our friends and family of the delay if they are waiting for us at KLIA. Thanks but no thanks. Already too late. Just when we are boarding and we are required to switch of our phones? Brainless move. Good job SilkAir, and good luck.
RouteSingapore to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMarch 2018

"choose this airline again"

Trip Verified | Siem Reap to Singapore. SilkAir + free access to Plaza Premium Lounge was good while waiting on REP airport which so crowded and stressful. Everything smooth during the flight and nothing to complain for this regional airline from SQ. Definitely choose this airline again for routes that’s only provided by them (not SQ)
RouteSiem Reap to Singapore
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"Ground staff were very helpful"

(Sri Lanka)

Trip Verified | Colombo to Singapore on the 737 was acceptable given the duration of the flight. As a regional carrier however, SilkAir fails to meet the mark. Aircraft had dirt on the seat. Catering was barely palatable but acceptable given the regional status. Service nothing special with some staff being nicer than the others. Ground staff at both ends were very helpful.
RouteColombo to Singapore