Vote Now

Interjet

"friendly crew, onboard service ok"

(Austria)

Verified Review | Generally a perfect flight with Interjet from Cancun to Havana. Check-in in Cancun was very friendly and fast. Flight was on time, friendly crew, onboard service ok. (Beverages non-/alcoholic and crackers). As used to mostly European airlines I had to point out that seat space is more than exceptional. Interjet seated their A320 with only 150 seats. Each row is 34" apart. Was now my fourth flight with this airline. All of them went similar to this one. Can only recommend Interjet.
RouteCancun to Havana
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"it was like being on a cheap bus"

Verified Review | Flew Interjet from New York JFK to Mexico City. TVs were on and blaring for a majority of both our departing and returning flight, including at about 3 am in the middle of a red eye when they turned on the cabin lights so everyone could have drinks. This was incredibly obnoxious. It's 2017. If you want to watch TV you've probably got your own way to do it, or at the very least don't blast the sound throughout the cabin but offer a headphone jack. It was like being on a cheap bus when all you want to do is sleep but can't because of obnoxiously loud entertainment. If you can put up with that for the discount, then the airline was extremely cheap and did seem pretty reliable. But in my mind, it wasn't worth it, and I wish I'd known that this was the case before so we could've had a more pleasant travel experience even at a higher cost.
RouteNew York JFK to Mexico City
Date FlownMarch 2017

"worst experience with any airline"

Verified Review | Houston to Lima via Mexico City. This is the worst experience I have had with any airline. I travel internationally very often, and am always looking for a good deal, so despite the terrible reviews about Interjet, I figured it was worth the risk. We originally were to leave at 6 am from Houston and get to Lima at 5 pm. Then they changed the flight from Houston to Mexico to 7am, only giving 1 hr layover, which they told us is not long enough to make the connecting flight. That was the only flight of the day so we were forced to take a flight the day before from Houston to Mex at 5pm and have a 12 hour layover in Mexico (and after being on the phone with them for 4 hours, they refused to give us hotel accommodations). They changed the flight from 5pm to 7am, meaning our flight time was now 33h 45 minutes in total. Still offered no accommodation. I called to verify the new 7am flight and they said that we still owed a balance. I had paid for the flights in full at the time of booking, but they stated they had raised the price and we owed $300 more. I thought that was illegal? They denied that they raised the prices and instead said I only partially paid at the time of booking. Even though I have the confirmation in front of me that states paid in full. I have never left a negative review of anything before, but I cannot stress enough not to fly with them. We booked them through Justfly.com and they are also extremely difficult to deal with over the phone.
RouteHouston to Lima via Mexico City
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"don't waste your time or money"

Unverified | Dallas to Guatemala via Mexico City. Interjet cancelled our flight less than 24 hours before departing and didn't have replacement flights until mid February. We called several times to get a reimbursement for our tickets and every time we called, they asked the same banking information all over again. Customer service was rude and not helpful at all. We have been waiting for almost 2 months and they are atill saying the disbursement didn't go through after asking banking info again. Don't waste your time or money with them.
RouteDallas to Guatemala via Mexico City
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"1h40 min flight took us 22h"

Verified Review | Never fly Interjet. I am a frequent traveller and this is the worst experience I had flying. Initially they changed the time of my flight with a 2 hours delay from Cancun to Miami, then the flight was cancelled and we had to fly through Mexico City. The flight to Mexico city was also delayed, then we had to wait for another flight to Miami which again, has been delayed. Instead of a direct 1h40 min flight to Miami it took us 22h. This airline is so disorganised, unprofessional and ruined all our nice memories from this vacation. Trust me whatever is your motivation do not take Interjet.
RouteCUN to MIA
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"punctuality gets worse"

(Mexico)

Verified Review | Tijuana to Mexico City. I am a usual Interjet customer and starting 2017, I will quit flying with them. It seems like they have been over estimating their poor ability to organize themselves on time. I have been flying on Interjet for last 3 years almost monthly base, and their punctuality gets worse to the point of being not acceptable.
RouteTIJ to MEX
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"Outrageous and unacceptable"

Verified Review | Tijuana to Mexico City. Flight 2403, Scheduled to depart at 5:30 PM on December 23, but it was delayed 3 hrs, and we waited until 8:40 for the plane to depart. After arrival to Mexico City again we waited 2 hours for luggage. While waiting there, we found out another flight from Interjet had already waited almost 5 hours for there luggage, Outrageous and unacceptable!
RouteTIJ to MEX
Date FlownDecember 2016

"painful disorganized system2

Verified Review | Houston to México. Initially because of airport delays (or so they told us) Interjet canceled our 8pm flight. They had no notice on the screen from where will the flight depart and poor passenger info. The gate was a mess even though there were at least 4 Interjet people, no English info either. On our way to the plane they stoped us and informed some of us the flight was canceled, no microphone info, or English version again, highlighting their poor organization. Last minute we had to find a hotel and cancel early work meetings. They booked us next day at 8pm again! We refused and finally they found seats at 9:40am but we almost didn't make it. Next morning The company created an atmosphere of stress calling for people's names (among which were ours) to check in ASAP (almost 2h before flight) we were in an initial cue and to get quicker attention we moved to the line they instructed. People were aggressive and rude because of the stress and confusing instructions. Finally at the desk, the Interjet staff was rude. Finally at the gate they called in for checking documents of around 30 people, work that could have been done at check in, this of course delayed the flight once more. Interjet doesn't use their resources intelligently and make their passengers suffer a painful disorganized system. If you can avoid it don't use this company.
RouteIAH to MEX
Date FlownDecember 2016

"seats were so spacious"

Verified Review | On an Iberia flight to Cancun from Madrid with stopover in Mexico City, we got to fly the last leg with Interjet which has codeshare partnerships with many oneworld airlines. The seats were so spacious and they all looked like they were for business class (armchairs with kind of leader). The crew were very friendly and apologised for the small delays we had. Everything looked very professional and they were very attentive with the passengers. A small snack and some non-alcoholic drinks were served. The airline is new and seems like it wants to make a good impression and if it keeps the standard like this they can become a oneworld member soon.
RouteMEX to CUN
Date FlownOctober 2016

"courteous, attentive and professional"

New York JFK to Cancun. The flight was smooth no issues, website is a little antiquated as far as being able to have E-Boarding passes, picking own seats. Otherwise staff both on and off the plane were both courteous, attentive and professional. Snack options on the flight was very good a sandwich chips and drink of choice and you get the entire bottle. Evening though the website shows the flight is book there were plenty of seats available to move about and stretch out if desired.
RouteJFK to CUN