Interjet

"the worst airline"

Trip Verified | Houston to Monterrey. This is by far the worst airline doing business in the USA. their customer service always takes you to Spanish speakers even if you don’t choose Spanish. They delay flights and give you restaurant vouchers $25, to a restaurant that costs $28 a plate. They refuse to reimburse you the money and make guarantees that other employees deny. The customer service cannot transfer you to another department and tells you to call the same number and try each option. Interjet outsource to the Philippines to get English speaking staff since you guys are the cheapest airline trying to do business in the USA.
RouteHouston to Monterrey
Date FlownAugust 2018

Interjet customer review

Trip Verified | Mexico City to Puerto Vallarta. I purchased ticket from interjet for a Columbian friend out of Bogata.The flight had a stop in Mexico City. Once in Mexico City he had to check in but his flight was nearly two hours late arriving. It was to leave at 945 am and he reached the check in at 845am ( one hour before) . At the check in counter in Mexico City they told him he needed to pay for an assigned seat. He did not request an assigned seat. He had no money but for food. By the time, he explained his situation, interjet rep. told him it was too late and he had to pay for a new flight at 1pm. ($400) It was then he called me to help. I bought him another ticket that night on a discount airlines. ($120) I’ve complained to the airlines but to no avail. I can’t figure why they just didn’t place him on the next flight to Puerto Vallarta. There were open seats on both flights according to the representative I spoke too initially. It makes no sense.
RouteMexico City to Puerto Vallarta

"Worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Mexico City to Bogota. Worst customer service ever! Misleading information from Interjet staff made me miss my flight! On July 24th I had a 6:45pm flight from Mexico City to Bogotá, Colombia. I showed up 2 hours before my flight as it was recommended on the email I got from Interjet. I don’t speak Spanish enough yet so I showed my flight information on my phone to a lady welcoming the passengers at the Interjet gate on the first floor of the airport. She said to go to the third line which is « checkin without boarding pass ». The line was terribly long. I waited about one hour and I was stressing out because I saw the sign saying that flights close 45 minutes before take off time. When I finally got to the counter, I showed my flight information and passport to the lady. She immediately said that it was the Domestic flight counter and that I needed to go upstairs to Puerta 9 for international checkin. I told her I had very little time left and that the other lady made me wait in this wrong line but there was nothing she wanted to do for me. I ran upstairs with all my luggage and it took me a good 15 minutes to get to the international interjet counter. When I showed my info and my passport to the staff, it was 6:05pm. They told me with no compassion that the flight was closed and I needed to buy an an extra ticket because I got there too late. Even though I explained my situation of misleading information from the first staff member who told me to go to the domestic flight queue... the supervisor old man said there was nothing he could do. At that point I was crying and hyperventilating because I paid a lot of money for that flight to Colombia. He was rude and told me to leave and buy another ticket. I sat in a corner crying and panicking because the one-way flights I looked up for the same night were 1000$ Cad. I had already paid 500$ Cad for this return flight. Someone else said that we needed proof from the person who misguided me. In the mean time, I lost my flight and needed to buy another one. I decided to go talk to the supervisor myself. The first woman supervisor tried to make calls and told me I needed to be there 3 hours before my flight. I showed her evidence from my email that I was given the information of 2 hours prior to flight departure. She argued that it was the wrong web page because it’s really 3 hours. Since it’s not my responsibility to double check every info I get by email I kept asking for a replacement flight. She told me again that I needed to prove that I was given the wrong info by showing which lady pointed me the wrong queue at the beginning. I said that they should check their cameras and that she should find which staff member was working at that time (she wasn’t there anymore). She said it wasn’t possible and i should talk to customer service. Another woman brought me to a different counter. I waited about 20 minutes before someone told me what was going on. The supervisor made more verifications and confirmed that my flight was lost. I had to pay the difference between the cost of my original flight and the new one.
RouteMexico City to Bogota
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Don't waste your time or money"

Trip Verified | Houston to Mexico city. So I decided to send my kids for the summer with there grandmother to Mexico city. They left July 6 Friday and landing in Mexico city 2 hours later. I registered three luggage on the way there but only received 2 when landed. I tried to speak to customer service first they told me to luggage stayed back in Houston and then when I called again they told me I had to wait 8 days before they can file claim when I called again they told me I had to wait 10 days for them to file claim after that they just told me I had to wait until whenever I got an email which I never did. And now they're telling me all they want to give me a $77 for the luggage they lost. I would never ever buy another ticket with them again. Every time I called it was something different they never got the correct color of the luggage correct every time I called it was either green white blue they never had the correct information that I gave them. We know that you cannot buy much in the USA with $77 for kids. Don't waste your time or money with this Interjet Airline
RouteHouston to Mexico city

"horrible customer service"

Not Verified | My review is based on the horrible customer service provided by personnel on my flight from LAX to SJC and my interaction with their complaint department after the flight. Let me first start off by stating that I am fully aware that there are certain situations, such as weather conditions and airport closures, that are completely out of the control of any airline personnel. However, I strongly believe that the consequence of providing information during a route diversion, crisis, etc is the responsibility of all flight personnel, and this was not my experience with Interjet on 6/14/18. Our flight was diverted to Mazatlan due to hurricane Bud, and we were informed with the barely audible PA system that we would instead be flying into La Paz, Mexico and not San Jose del Cabo. When I asked the flight attendants for clarification with follow-up questions as to land transportation, etc., the attendant mentioned, "Interjet would be providing land transportation to Los Cabos;" this was not the case. A fact that I received when asking further questions for clarification from another Interjet personnel who boarded the plane in Mazatlan. While in Mazatlan for more than 2.5hours, we were unable to disembark from the plane, when asked for water I was told from the flight attendant, "its for our next flight." Once in La Paz, there was no customer representative I could speak to in person nor through the phone. We arrived to La Paz in the evening as it began to rain, and due to the unconfirmed road conditions, I made the decision to rent a hotel room and take a taxi the next morning for the approximate 2.5 hr drive to Cabo San Lucas. Once I arrived home, I wrote a formal complaint to no avail, not even an apology or effort to try to improve their customer service. I of course, will never be flying with Interjet again, the extra leg space was definitely not worth the additional costs and stress that was incurred.
RouteLos Angeles to San Jose del Cabo
Date FlownJune 2018

"offered a change of dates"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Guadalajara. I booked a flight to Mexico 6 days ago for myself, my 3 year old son, my fiancé and his sister. I went to the doctor today and found out I was 5 weeks pregnant. After speaking with my doctor about my upcoming travel plans he informed me about the dangers of the Zika virus to my unborn child, and how anyone I come in close contact with who’s been infected could pass it to me and in turn my baby for up to 6 months after being infected. He was very adamant that my son, my fiancé, and I not go on our trip and provided me with a Formal letter stating that for medical reasons I cannot travel to Mexico or South America. I’ve now spent almost 10 hours going back and forth with “customer service” who has offered me a change of travel dates. I’m shocked this isn’t considered and extraordinary circumstance for which the website states a refund will be honored. I’ve sent in documentation by my physician just to have someone respond with a generic message denying my request.
RouteLos Angeles to Guadalajara
Date FlownJune 2018

"had a pleasant experience"

Trip Verified | I flew on Interjet from Puerto Vallarta to Toluca and had a pleasant experience. I was a bit hesitant to take a Sukhoi regional jet, but it was in good shape and the flight was smooth. The only thing I didn't like is how incredibly short the entry to the plane is, and despite ducking, I hit my head on the way in and on the way out. (I am 6'1" so not incredibly tall.) The seats and overhead bins were sized like a regular jet. Customer service was good, there was free drink service, on board announcements were made in English and Spanish, and I had no trouble with anything associated with my reservation. I would happily fly with Interjet again the next time I visit Mexico, especially considering its good value.
AircraftSukhoi Superjet 100-95
RoutePuerto Vallarta to Toluca
Date FlownApril 2018

"sympathetic and understanding"

Trip Verified | After unsatisfactory service with an agent (in Spanish) I called back and spoke to a rep in English. I hope the language did not play a part in the quality of service, but the young lady who assisted me was wonderful. She was not only polite and patient, she also took the time to answer questions regarding my family member's tourist visa. She was sympathetic and understanding to my hesitation in reserving without knowing and exact return date and was quite knowledgeable in offering options under those circumstances.
RouteGuadalajara to Los Angeles
Date FlownMay 2018

"I felt used by an airline"

Trip Verified | I booked this flight thinking I was going to Leon, Nicaragua, yes my mistake for booking the wrong flight and I admit that but what followed was just not good enough. On check in I asked for, “flight to Nicaragua” and was told to wait in line. I stopped the same guy and said I had to, “clear customs as it’s an international flight” he then let me to the front of the line (as it was big). At the desk I very clearly said, “flight to Leon, Nicaragua” to which the guy chats to me about rugby and checks me in. Not once did someone point out that wasn’t where I was going. Not one itinerary from them said “Leon, Mexico”. Nothing indicated that I wasn’t on the right flight. I landed in Leon, Mexico and tearfully explained what had happened to staff who were rude, told me it was all my fault (I did take partial blame) and were very unhelpful leaving me feeling stranded and let down. To make it worse they made rude comments about me in Spanish as I was talking in English and were too ignorant to think I would know Spanish. They were extremely rude and disrespectful. They disregard you as a person and see you as a money making opportunity. I’ve never felt the need to write a review about an airline but this was the first time I felt used by an airline.
RouteCancún to Leon
Date FlownApril 2018

"not worth the headache"

Trip Verified | Cancun to Los Angeles. Save your money, not worth the headache. I should have listened to the other bad reviews. Rude stewardesses, didn’t smile once, old plane, seats were ripped and arm rests did not work. Took over an hour for our luggage to come down. The trip back home was even worse, no apologies or explanations at all or ever. Also long wait lines to check in, web site never worked. After standing in line for 45 minutes to check in they send me to go pay for baggage in a different line so I had to come back and wait some more. Never again.
RouteCancun to Los Angeles