Top 100 Airlines

Interjet

"good service, timely departure"

Verified Review | Mexico City to Tuxtla and first time flying Interjet - I was very impressed. Not complex in booking (unlike some other Mexican discount airlines) because the features you need are included in your fare. Good service, timely departure and arrival. Comfortable plane. I'm a guy, but was still impressed that Interjet keeps one washroom reserved for women only. I would fly them again - and have, several times. Of three subsequent flights with Interjet, two had delays (approx 2 hours) - but delays on planes leaving MEX are common and Interjet announcements and information on status of the flights met expectations.
RouteMEX to TGZ
Date FlownJuly 2016

"worst experience ever"

(Mexico)

Verified Review | Monterrey to Mexico City with Interjet, and the worst experience ever. The flight was delayed by couple hours. Original departure time was 20:40 - I did not arrive at Mexico City until 01:45 AM. The entire flight was on hold waiting a gate for over 20 minutes. Once the gate was set we were dropped-off in the ground level to wait for bus to transport us to the main terminal. It was raining and I felt in dangerous walking down the escalator, the stairs were wet and slippery. Once the bus finally arrived we went inside to find out the bus had the AC blasting cold. I immediately got sick. Like the plane had the heater blasting and we step out to a freezing-cold bus in the middle of the rain. I don't think I will fly interjet again.
RouteMTY to NEX
Date FlownJune 2016

"worst customer service"

Cancun to Zihuatanejo via Mexico City with Interjet. The flight from CUN-MEX was delayed by over an hour, with my layover being 1.5 hours. There were 3 people on my flight who were supposed to be on that connecting flight to ZIH, and although we only landed in Mexico City 15 minutes after the ZIH flight took off, Interjet did not feel the need to hold the plane. Understandable if they had another MEX-ZIH flight going out that day, but they did not. When I got off the plane I was told by an Interjet representative that if I booked through a different airline I would get a refund for the new ticket. The representative said he would meet us after we get our bags. I ended up waiting over an hour for Interjet to find my bag and the representative that said they would meet us by baggage claim never showed up. After 2 hours without any real answers about the refund, I was able to buy a ticket through Aeromexico. As I had booked a flight from ZIH-MEX through Interjet, I had to deal with them again. When I checked in for the ZIH-MEX flight I asked the Interjet employee for a phone number I could call to pursue my refund. He gave me a number for a line that asked me to take a survey so that I could win a vacation. Worst customer service and I will never fly Interjet again.
RouteCUN to ZIH via MEX
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"chalk and cheese experience"

Mexico City to San Jose and Interjet was a chalk and cheese experience. On the outbound leg we made an unscheduled diversion to collect passengers from a flight that made an emergency landing the previous night. On landing, chaose ensued as they appeared to have no idea of how many passengers should be on board and immigration officials got involved as there appeared to be some problem with departure cards. The net result was that a 3 hour journey turned into one of 8 hours! On the way back, everything worked perfectly.
AircraftA320 / Sukhoi Superjet
RouteMEX to SJO
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"third time that they're late"

(Mexico)

The third time that I need to use this Interjet and then third time that they're late. When we were in the plane, it was moved to the taxiway but the 2nd engine didn't start. The aircraft was pulled to the gate and requested passengers to wait in the hall. We waited 3 hours 40 minutes until a technician from performed the repairments needed. The airline doesn´t gave us food (mandatory after 3 hours).
RouteLas Vegas to Monterrey
Date FlownAugust 2015

"best airline in Mexico in my opinion"

Interjet is the best airline in Mexico in my opinion. I travelled between Mexico and Colombia return and found them to be organised ,friendly and professional and the 50kg luggage allowance is generous. The aircraft were clean and flights were on time. I'm not sure if it's classified as a low cost carrier but it was cheap and better than some full service carriers that I've used.
RouteBOG to MEX
Date FlownJanuary 2015

"nothing to complain about"

Excellent. Good plane, nice Interjet cabin crew, clear information from the pilot, good drinks. Nothing to complain about with flying Interjet.
RouteGuatemala to Mexico
Date FlownAugust 2015

(Mexico)

Flew MEX-MID return just a week ago. Flight there went smoothly great jetBlue-like service with free snacks and drinks and friendly cabin crew. No seatback entertainment system (only dropdown screens) and the in-seat audio system didn't work at all but I didn't really mind since it was only a 1 hour flight. On flight back due to change of plans I ended up arriving at MEX much earlier than planned and to shorten the wait for the flight I asked for an earlier flight got one that departed 1 hour earlier at no additional charge (which may not be a plus as seen later in the story). Boarded the flight everything went just as well as before until approach to MID. Pilot comes on the radio and says that there will be a 10-15 minute delay because of weather. So the plane circles around a bit (in heavy turbulence I might add) and 20 minutes later the pilot comes over the radio and says that we're diverting to CUN. We diverted to CUN waited an hour on the ground and went back to MID. At MID I checked the board and the flight I was originally booked on had arrived on time. Thankfully I wasn't connecting or doing anything important but still. However I can't blame the airline for the weather and it's a good airline.

(Mexico)

It's five to six hours to Mexico City by bus about an hour by air. With the senior citizen discount plus 10% credit on each flight Interjet's flights are economical time savers. Another attraction is the 50 kilo (110 lbs.) free baggage limit. The service is okay but there are some problems with flights being on time. I always figure on certain flights from Mexico City arriving at least 20 minutes late despite the flight information board displaying them as "on time." I fly Interjet nationally and internationally and find the general service pretty good. It seems a flexible policy to wait for late passengers a practice which can easily cause a cabin full of punctual passengers to be delayed 15 minutes.

(Greece)

CUN-MEX on A320 small details on maintenance made me feel unsafe. Some bottom parts of the seats were not tight. Result was seats tilted forward during the flight 3 screens of ceiling entertainment system did not return to the resting position. Flight was on time and service was nice but basic. They offer potato chips and beverage/drinks. I cannot understand why they advertise that they have a WC only for women.