IndiGo

"would definitely recommend"

Verified Review | The service has been consistently good. Easily the best airline for domestic travel within India. In my experience they have been on time every single time (6 - 7 times a year that I flew). Extra legroom seats are charged nominally, no business class. Decent choice of snacks and beverages (no alcohol), crew are very professional and friendly. The aircraft could do with some inflight entertainment though. Would definitely recommend this airline to anyone visiting India or flying out.
RouteChennai to Muscat
Date FlownAugust 2017

"late night flights late"

Verified Review | Bangalore to Mumbai. Indigo's late night flights are always late. This is my third experience with same flight - flight is delayed by 1hr 10mins, last time when I travelled a month before then it was delayed by 2 hours this is really horrible. Generally this flight is taken by one who attends office whole day and then come for flight and you face this issue again and again. Indigo will lose it's reputation if they continue to do so.
RouteBangalore to Mumbai
Date FlownAugust 2017

"amazes me with their service"

Verified Review | Indigo always amazes me with their service. The environment in the aircraft from Chennai to Mumbai is very well maintained and the crew takes care of the passengers so very well. It is definitely the best airline in India. I would always be happy to fly with Indigo Airlines.
RouteChennai to Mumbai

"No through check-in"

Verified Review | New Delhi to Muscat via Mumbai was an horrific experience. I booked Delhi-Muscat ticket on Indigo website. They had a flight via Mumbai where flight was to be changed. The ticket was under single PNR, I confirmed with customer care if the luggage will be through checked in & he confirmed it would be done. But at the time of check in, the officer denied & started asking me the name of person who confirmed. Now, who remembers the name of customer care executive! So, I had to take the luggage in Mumbai & check-in again. With no other option, I did take the luggage. The gap between the 2 flight was of about 3 hours. I was supposed to be transferred to International airport. When I asked the ground staff to arrange transfer, they were clueless & asked me to go out, hire a taxi & leave. I got upset, but instead of helping me, the Mumbai ground staff kept on arguing. The taxi took a good time to reach International airport, as it was peak hour. Finally we could make it just in time only to find that the flight was delayed. This is the first time I have seen that international flight booked under one PNR from an airline website. No through check-in, No transfers,when both the flights are from same airline. Basic flight, No service, No entertainment, expensive Food.
RouteNew Delhi to Muscat via Mumbai
Date FlownOctober 2016

"no Arrival Cards onboard"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Bangkok to Pune via Kolkata. As faultless flight except for a long-standing problem: no Arrival Cards onboard the flight for foreign nationals thus delaying, on arrival in Calcutta the immigration process. Repeated requests over these past many years have yielded no positive result.
RouteBangkok to Pune via Kolkata
Date FlownJuly 2017

"delayed by 2.30 hours"

Verified Review | The flight from Delhi to Ahmedabad was delayed by 2.30 hours in the night. Scheduled departure was at 10.40 pm and actual departure is 12.50 pm. This was my second worst experience within a fortnight period with IndiGo. They just give the reason of technical glitch and no alternate arrangements are there.
RouteDelhi to Ahmedabad
Date FlownJuly 2017

"best domestic airline in India"

Verified Review | Kolkata to Hyderabad. It is the best domestic airline in India with best prices and the most punctual one. It is seldom late so I have never been in problem due to late arrivals as I mostly travel in late night flights. Food is basically paid one but I have never tried anytime. They consist of mainly ready to eat meals like cup-noodles, biriyani, sandwiches.
RouteKolkata to Hyderabad
Date FlownJune 2017

"it was a comfortable flight"

(Saudi Arabia)

Verified Review | Delhi to Varanasi. This was my first flight with IndiGo and I was accompanied with my sister and her three children (2 kids and 1 infant). At Check-In we were given priority due to family. I was informed that they won't be able to accommodate us in one row as the seats were full. On my request, the Lady at the counter talked to her Supervisor and allotted us seats in the first row (which are paid seats) without any extra fee. That was really surprising and too generous of them. The boarding was smooth, the aircraft was clean and the food (paid) was good. It was a comfortable flight with very attentive and hospitable cabin crew. Even the ground staff was very helpful and courteous. The flight was on time and luggage reclaim was almost smooth. IndiGo definitely lived up-to it's tagline of on-time budget airline. Would definitely love to fly it again.
AircraftA320-200
RouteDelhi to Varanasi
Date FlownMarch 2017

"the flight crew were good"

Verified Review | Flew IndiGo from Bhubaneswar to Chennai. Travel was good, the flight crew were good too. The flight was on time. However there a strange high pitched sound just before take off which lasted for 5-10 minutes and the AC stopped working until the flight took off. The sound was again heard during landing too. The baggage at conveyer belt after the flight landed was messed up. On the same belt there was back to back baggage for 3 flights which was cumbersome and troublesome. I had to stand at the belt for an hour waiting to receive my luggage, it was very crowded with people looking for bags. Ground service was poor.
RouteBhubaneswar to Chennai
Date FlownMay 2017

"comfort might be a difficulty"

Verified Review | Delhi to Mumbai on Indigo Airbus A321. Had taken this evening flight and as we had checked in online, we went to the airport directly. However, it was observed that we still had to get a copy of the boarding pass from the check in kiosks which was surprising because normally with the online boarding passes, there should not be any need to get the printout from the kiosks. This issue was not observed in my previous flight with another airline. The flight was on time with just a slight 10 minute delay in departure. The seats onboard were slightly cramped and if someone has a slightly bigger frame, then comfort might be a difficulty. As this is a low cost carrier, meals and snacks such as sandwiches (both veg and non-vegetarian), tea/coffee and cup noodles were offered. As I had booked this flight with a corporate meal, a chicken sandwich and juice was offered 30 minutes after takeoff. The sandwich was a bit on the colder side but tasty nevertheless and the juice was also given in a can. After the snack, unfortunately the passenger in front of me had reclined his seat so as a result, it got even more cramped. To be fair to the crew, they were quite presentable and they performed their tasks with great efficiency. Flight was on time and while exiting the aircraft, the crew were quite polite and thanked the passengers. The positive was the crews friendly attitude and efficiency. On the downside perhaps it can be said that if one is of a bigger frame, the conditions can get slightly cramped and so on longer flights this can be a problem. Their in-flight magazine Hello 6E had some articles but was by and large, an in-shop magazine. Would I fly with them again? Maybe on very short routes which are dirt cheap, but would rather prefer the full service carriers instead.
RouteDelhi to Mumbai