IndiGo

Review by (United Arab Emirates) 24th July 2015

Speedy check in. Boarding as typical in Pune airport. Not very organised, but still went well. Plane was very clean. Crisp and new feeling. Crew was smiling. My first experience on this airline, and will stick to it when travelling inside India. It is a low Cost but for Low Costs it ticks all the Boxes.
RoutePune to New Delhi

Review by (India) 14th July 2015

We have taken the flight from Indore and we are regular flyers with Indigo. The seats were most uncomfortable. There was hardly any cushioning on the seat. Experience of seat was more or less similar to as if we were seating on wooden bench. You have already curtailed seat pitch and now the un-cushioned seats. You are requested to have some feeling for passengers minimum level of actual comfort also. Looking forward for better and more comfortable seats.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteIndore to Pune via Hyderabad

Review by (Australia) 20th June 2015

I recently took several flights with IndiGo and didn't experience any major issues. I checked other airlines before I booked and IndiGo were consistently cheaper, often by a wide margin. Flights were all on time or within a few minutes of it, aircraft were spotlessly clean and even though the seat pitch is average for LCC at 29", the seats are reasonably comfortable thanks to an intelligent slimline design - others could learn from this. Staff were friendly and professional throughout. In-flight food is purchase-only and expensive by Indian standards (although they will provide free drinking water) - a word of caution about pre-ordering, if you take up the 250Rs pre-paid option you could end up losing money, depending on your choice of food/drink. Also it appears they load up food and drink at the start of the day, and some options (e.g. Jaljeera juice) seem to consistently run out. But these are minor quibbles, I would have no hesitation choosing IndiGo next time.
RouteGoa to Kolkata via Bagdogra

Review by (India) 12th June 2015

6E 062. Service has deteriorated. On-time urgency once seen is no longer seen. Online seat booking charges for all aisle and window seats. You can only get middle seats for free. Too money minded.

Review by (India) 7th June 2015

6E189 6th June. Low budget Airline - their fares are more or less the same if not more at times than full service carriers yet they continue to enjoy all the subsidies of a low budget airline. On time is a good thing - their flights are often now delayed or run late. Check-in process - everyone knows how long the queues are at the check in counters. Two days back on 4th June I did Web Check in for my 6th June flight using my smartphone. While I was successful in doing web check-in in spite of me giving the email address and phone no I did not get a copy of the boarding pass - beating the while process of doing Web check-in. At Delhi T1 terminal when I tried to print my boarding pass at the Check in Kiosk while it displayed the Boarding Pass I did not get my print out! On taking it up with the ground staff I got a casual reply - please stand in the queue even though I mentioned that the flight was due to board in next 35 minutes he simply refused to help me. As a result I reached the counter just 30 minutes before the departure of the flight and the check in lady commented "Sir you are very late please be on time next time"! I have booked 3 tickets for my family through on-line booking system. After I had filled in all the passenger details I was asked whether I would like to take the pre-assigned seats facility and I declined and continued with my booking. But to my surprise and disappointment I found seats were allotted together that included an aisle and window seat along with the middle seat. When I tried to change the seats it did not allow me and charged me Rs 400 extra (Rs 200 each for Window and Aisle 'premium' seats) over and above the fare and there was no way I could change it.

Review by (India) 7th June 2015

Review by (India) 29th May 2015

We were supposed to board our flight from Delhi to Lucknow at 12.15 on the 21st of May but there was confusion all around as the flight was late and the ground crew were not able to display any sign at the boarding gate or give us some explanation. Finally they herded us in a bus that was then parked in front of the plane on the tarmac for 20 minutes while the incoming passengers disembarked. Needless to say we were packed like sardines and it was extremely hot. Also there was no step - senior citizens like myself cannot climb easily. I have reported this before but it has made no difference. At Lucknow despite there being aerobridges we had to get down in the sun at 2:30 pm and were again herded into a bus. I was reluctant to board as the bus was very full but was forced to climb in. Is it a problem to use the bus a second time or the aerobridge or maybe nobody cares? It was the same story on the way back on the 22nd of May for the 6.40 flight. We were again stuffed into two buses and had to risk falling on somebody's luggage because the insensitive staff did not care. I will not travel on Indigo again unless they provide a step on the buses and do not herd us in like cattle.

Review by (India) 29th May 2015

Review by (India) 27th April 2015

Went from Delhi to Kochi because there is no such thing as a direct Delhi to Male (Maldives) flight and even with connections you have to mix and match airlines in order to get a halfway decent connection schedule. The airline is like the low budget carriers in Europe with people packed in like sardines. They don't have an inflight magazine that actually has anything to read or even a map with their air routes.

Review by (India) 27th April 2015