IndiGo

"no Arrival Cards onboard"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Bangkok to Pune via Kolkata. As faultless flight except for a long-standing problem: no Arrival Cards onboard the flight for foreign nationals thus delaying, on arrival in Calcutta the immigration process. Repeated requests over these past many years have yielded no positive result.
RouteBangkok to Pune via Kolkata
Date FlownJuly 2017

"delayed by 2.30 hours"

Verified Review | The flight from Delhi to Ahmedabad was delayed by 2.30 hours in the night. Scheduled departure was at 10.40 pm and actual departure is 12.50 pm. This was my second worst experience within a fortnight period with IndiGo. They just give the reason of technical glitch and no alternate arrangements are there.
RouteDelhi to Ahmedabad
Date FlownJuly 2017

"best domestic airline in India"

Verified Review | Kolkata to Hyderabad. It is the best domestic airline in India with best prices and the most punctual one. It is seldom late so I have never been in problem due to late arrivals as I mostly travel in late night flights. Food is basically paid one but I have never tried anytime. They consist of mainly ready to eat meals like cup-noodles, biriyani, sandwiches.
RouteKolkata to Hyderabad
Date FlownJune 2017

"it was a comfortable flight"

(Saudi Arabia)

Verified Review | Delhi to Varanasi. This was my first flight with IndiGo and I was accompanied with my sister and her three children (2 kids and 1 infant). At Check-In we were given priority due to family. I was informed that they won't be able to accommodate us in one row as the seats were full. On my request, the Lady at the counter talked to her Supervisor and allotted us seats in the first row (which are paid seats) without any extra fee. That was really surprising and too generous of them. The boarding was smooth, the aircraft was clean and the food (paid) was good. It was a comfortable flight with very attentive and hospitable cabin crew. Even the ground staff was very helpful and courteous. The flight was on time and luggage reclaim was almost smooth. IndiGo definitely lived up-to it's tagline of on-time budget airline. Would definitely love to fly it again.
AircraftA320-200
RouteDelhi to Varanasi
Date FlownMarch 2017

"the flight crew were good"

Verified Review | Flew IndiGo from Bhubaneswar to Chennai. Travel was good, the flight crew were good too. The flight was on time. However there a strange high pitched sound just before take off which lasted for 5-10 minutes and the AC stopped working until the flight took off. The sound was again heard during landing too. The baggage at conveyer belt after the flight landed was messed up. On the same belt there was back to back baggage for 3 flights which was cumbersome and troublesome. I had to stand at the belt for an hour waiting to receive my luggage, it was very crowded with people looking for bags. Ground service was poor.
RouteBhubaneswar to Chennai
Date FlownMay 2017

"comfort might be a difficulty"

Verified Review | Delhi to Mumbai on Indigo Airbus A321. Had taken this evening flight and as we had checked in online, we went to the airport directly. However, it was observed that we still had to get a copy of the boarding pass from the check in kiosks which was surprising because normally with the online boarding passes, there should not be any need to get the printout from the kiosks. This issue was not observed in my previous flight with another airline. The flight was on time with just a slight 10 minute delay in departure. The seats onboard were slightly cramped and if someone has a slightly bigger frame, then comfort might be a difficulty. As this is a low cost carrier, meals and snacks such as sandwiches (both veg and non-vegetarian), tea/coffee and cup noodles were offered. As I had booked this flight with a corporate meal, a chicken sandwich and juice was offered 30 minutes after takeoff. The sandwich was a bit on the colder side but tasty nevertheless and the juice was also given in a can. After the snack, unfortunately the passenger in front of me had reclined his seat so as a result, it got even more cramped. To be fair to the crew, they were quite presentable and they performed their tasks with great efficiency. Flight was on time and while exiting the aircraft, the crew were quite polite and thanked the passengers. The positive was the crews friendly attitude and efficiency. On the downside perhaps it can be said that if one is of a bigger frame, the conditions can get slightly cramped and so on longer flights this can be a problem. Their in-flight magazine Hello 6E had some articles but was by and large, an in-shop magazine. Would I fly with them again? Maybe on very short routes which are dirt cheap, but would rather prefer the full service carriers instead.
RouteDelhi to Mumbai
Date FlownMay 2017

"departure and arrival was on time"

Verified Review | Flew IndiGo from Jaipur to Kolkata. Take off and landing was smooth. Departure and arrival was on time. Seats were comfortable. Check-in was done smoothly. While boarding the aircraft the cabin crew welcomed us but not with their smiling faces. When I saw the air hostess serving water I asked for a glass of water, she didn't give me one but instead carried on serving water to other passengers even though I had asked before anyone else. On asking again twice, she replied twice "I'll come back". After that, I was given glass of water.
RouteJaipur to Kolkata
Date FlownMarch 2017

"recommend this airline"

Verified Review | Bengaluru to Mumbai by IndiGo Airlines. The check-in was quite comfortable. We were welcomed warmly by the cabin crew while boarding the aircraft. The aircraft seemed clean as compared to other airlines in India. The lavatories were also well maintained without any faul smell. The seats had a very soft cushioning hence it made quite a comfortable journey for us and were also wide. Though we had to buy food but it did not create any issues. Their food tasted fantastic. The flight departed and arrived on time. The landing and takeoff were very smooth. I recommend this airline and always a pleasure.
RouteBengaluru to Mumbai
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"cabin seemed neat and clean"

Verified Review | Flew from Mumbai to Bhubaneswar with IndiGo. It was the first time I was traveling in an A320neo aircraft so was quite excited about it. At the airport check-in was done smoothly without standing in any queue. While boarding the aircraft the cabin crew welcomed us with their smiling faces. The aircraft cabin seemed neat and clean. The lavatories were clean. The seats were quite comfortable and wide. The legroom was quite good. The food menu consisted of sandwiches, instant biryanis as well as instant noodles. I decided to go for sandwiches. They tasted good. The flight departed on time but arrived 20 minutes before the scheduled time of arrival. Really it was a pleasure traveling with them.
RouteMumbai to Bhubaneswar
Date FlownDecember 2016

"not value for money"

Verified Review | Indore to Delhi. Staff at airport are pretty rude, I had 1 check-in luggage and no hand luggage. My check-in luggage weight was 16.7kg. That lady was asking me to pay and when I said that I am not carrying any hand luggage still they said you can take out stuff and carry on hand luggage. I have been traveling with IndiGo for 7 years, they are getting worse and not value for money.
RouteIndore to Delhi