IndiGo

"nothing turned up in Chennai"

Trip Verified | I used Indigo for the first time yesterday. All went very well but for the very last leg back to Chennai. I had requested a wheelchair for all legs of the journey but nothing turned up in Chennai! Eventually the crew left, the Captain left, Co-pilot gone, I had been told to wait so eventually I asked again and the ground staff man said everyone was gone! Yes I said, except me! So after a long wait someone turned up with a child's wheelchair! I'm 6 foot plus! After a further long wait a wheelchair turned up. Surely any staff must ensure that passengers are taken care of before leaving the vessel for their own comfort.
RouteColombo to Chennai
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"professional and caring"

Trip Verified | Hyderabad to Sharjah. Shortly after boarding the above flight I was having dizziness. After 2 hrs of boarding, I realized the vomiting sensation & was prepared to use the Toilet & in front of Toilet I collapsed like a Blackout. However, the flight crew done everything by calmly and professionally organizing medical attention. Cabin crew made an announcement to other Co passengers, if any Dr available to take care of him and luckily Dr was available & he checked everything & made me more comfortable. Indigo is indeed a very professional and caring organization.
RouteHyderabad to Sharjah

"wouldn’t recommend"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | I had the opportunity to fly with IndiGo on the 15th of August 2018 from Doha to Mumbai. Always having flown Qatar Airways I had to choose IndiGo due to the time slot. Well, a low cost airline in really had no expectations but at least a decent and hassle free experience as they claim to give. I checked in at the counters and got my boarding pass and I had a handbag of 6kgs which is well below their limit of 7kgs. I purchased duty free which was about 3 kgs. Here comes the tricky part the staff at the boarding gate have a portable weighing scale through which they check the weight of the handbags. I have no issues with that however I wasn’t informed at the counters about 7kgs handbag allowance being inclusive of duty free. The staff at the boarding gate (QAS) staff, were rude they do not even try to be polite of courteous and straight away give ultimatums saying throw away the duty free, go back to duty free and return it, however if you do no return in 20 minutes we will offload you from the flight. They forced me to pay 60 riyal per kg for the excess baggage which I was carrying. I wouldn’t recommend this airline unless a last resort or a complete emergency. One can only expect low quality service from a low cost airline. Thank you IndiGo for the hassle free experience.
RouteDoha to Mumbai

"experience was good"

Not Verified | Singapore to Pune via Chennai. It was reasonably good flight. Specially it was on time. Connection was swift. Ground staff was little rude but cabin staff was very good. I think it was quite value for money service as it was cheap ticket to Singapore. Quite minimalist flight service as expected for a cheap ticket. Overall experience was good and will definitely give it a go next time. Thanks.
AircraftA 320
RouteSingapore to Pune via Chennai

"Totally recommend it"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to Kochi. On time. Not a minute late. Everything was on time. Service is great. Food options are limited. The blue is very pleasing to the eye. Well-organised and a reliable airline. Totally recommend it.
RouteMumbai to Kochi
Date FlownJuly 2018

"paying for the excess baggage"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Coimbatore. I have flown with Indigo loads of times and have regularly recommended it to many. I have never had a bad experience in all of my trips and was really happy until my recent trip. I had booked my seats under student discount which allowed an additional baggage of 10kgs free of charge. During my through leg from DEL to CJB, this promotion was honored and I paid for whatever excess I had, (excluding the 15kg+10kg allowance). But they would not agree that I had this promotion during my return leg and would not agree or believe me that I availed this in my first leg. I was astounded when the rep said there was nothing in the notes regarding the promotion. How can it be possible that you allow different baggage allocations for different legs. I ended up paying for the excess baggage which I had packed in anticipation of availing the 10 kg student discount. It was never about the money for me, but Indigo let me down in not acknowledging my promotion status.
RouteDelhi to Coimbatore
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Indigo is such a great airline"

Trip Verified | I was travelling from Delhi to Vadodara in July 2018 through Indigo. Unfortunately, our flight from San Francisco to Delhi (Via Shanghai) got delayed and we missed the 5:10 am flight from Delhi to Vadodara. The Indigo staff at terminal 2 acted very helpful. They offered me to book in the next flight to Vadodara with minimal fee of fare difference, but unfortunately it was in the afternoon and not very convenient to us (as we were tired of traveling from SFO and really wanted to get home to as fast as possible). There was a flight to Ahmedabad at 7:40 am and we urged the Indigo staff to book us in that flight. They mentioned that the 'sector' (i.e. destination) was different and therefore the change fees would be higher. I said no issue as we were really in hurry. There was another problem though. That flight was from terminal 1 and it was already 6:20 am. The indigo staff suggested to go to terminal 1 first and then get my ticket changed there because there was no sufficient time and if I would get the tickets changed and then again miss the flight, I would lose more money. They offered me their shuttle to take me from terminal 2 to terminal 1. But with little time, we did not have time to wait for the shuttle and we just took the taxi. We barely reached to Terminal at 6:35 am. We had to get our tickets modified, checked in and boarding passes printed by 6:40 am to get into the Ahemdabad flight. That is when we met staff who had just joined her duties at the terminal 1 ticket counter and saw us coming with family in agitated state. I requested her to change my tickets to allow me to get Ahmedabad flight. She immediately realized that we needed urgent help and started working furiously to get the tickets changed and printed. In couple of minutes we had our tickets in hand and we rushed to the terminal 1 departure entrance. She ran with us to the entrance and requested the police to let us in fast. Then we ran to check-in area, she opened a new counter just to process our checkin and print our boarding passes. We could get the boarding passes just in time! Then she ran with us to the security area, asked other indigo staff to take us through the security fast and get us to the gate. We got to the gate as last passengers entering! We could not have done it without this staff. We now realized why Indigo is such a great airline. it is because of the great employees.
RouteDelhi to Vadodara

"We enjoyed our trip"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to Udaipur. Excellent service and Air Hostess were polite and helpful. It was a really nice flight.Thanks to Pilot and the Crew members. We enjoyed our trip.
RouteMumbai to Udaipur

"Good service and price"

Not Verified | Delhi to Visakhapatnam. Good service and price. But why not charge ₹200-300 extra on any flight and serve a free meal. Snacks are ok but a meal will do better . Also , moving to terminal 2 at Delhi Airport was not a good idea. No Windows to watch outside for those who love plane-spotting. Also, there are no good passenger facilities available in terminal 2.
RouteDelhi to Visakhapatnam
Date FlownMarch 2018

"full marks for their service"

Trip Verified | Bhubaneswar to Mumbai via Hyderabad. As usual, full marks for their service in the aircraft. From check-in to the boarding (although flight was delayed due to bad weather in Bhubaneswar), they also gave constant updates about the status of the plane's arrival also. Otherwise, no complaints at all about their service .
RouteBhubaneswar to Mumbai via Hyderabad