Flair Airlines

"not worth the hassle"

Trip Verified | Calgary to Hamilton via Winnipeg. Extremely disappointed with the service of the gate crew whowere rude and attitude of the flight crew matched that. Family traveling together the online checkin issues the boarding pass to a single mobile device but the gate crew had other ideas. They threatened travelers with extra charges for their system being down and that resulted with some inconveniences on them. The discount is not worth the hassle and all the inconveniences. I would not recommend to anyone.
RouteCalgary to Hamilton via Winnipeg
Date FlownAugust 2018

" Flair was incredibly good"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Winnipeg. For a 'no frills' airline, Flair was incredibly good. I have read the negative reviews and I just can't relate. Direct flight from Van to Wpg was perfectly on time with no issues. I was able to check in online and get boarding pass emailed to me without a hitch. On the way back, the flight stopped in Calgary before continuing on to Vancouver. Again, checking in and getting boarding pass was easy peasy. Flight left a few minutes early, was early to Calgary, left Calgary early, and was in Vancouver early. Of course there is no entertainment and of course you have to pay for larger carry-on luggage, but so what! This is something that you plan for when you book. And assigned seating is actually cheaper than most major airlines. Last but not least, the flight attendants were personable, friendly, fun, and professional. Maybe I was just lucky, but this Flair flight was better than most Air Canada flights I've taken in the last 10 years. Better on-time performance and more personable and helpful employees. Way to go!
RouteVancouver to Winnipeg

"lost my sons car seat"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Calgary. My son and I flew with Flair on July 31st returning August 3rd, 2018. Flair lost my sons car seat on the way to Calgary. Did not give us a car seat to use in Calgary. Had to find one ourselves to rent. No custom service line to call and no answer to emails. Got back to Vancouver expecting to find my car seat because the agent in Calgary said it was there. No Car seat! They gave me a booster seat. My son is 2 and a half. Legally can not seat in a car seat. They called me this week. They have found my car seat and I can now go and pick it up. But they can not guarantee that nothing happen to my car seat. It would be unsafe for me to use it. I have asked them to replace my car seat and I have had to answer. They will not pass the message on to the manager. Im not sure if a manager exists. Extremely poor custom service. Not with the cheap prices. Do not fly with Flair.
RouteVancouver to Calgary

"Worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | Winnipeg to Hamilton. Worst experience ever. My personal item was just 1-2 inches bigger than the dimensions they specified. They charged me for 23 kgs checked bag while i was having a small trolley with 6 kg. This was unacceptable. I always carried this small trolley bag in every airline as it fits properly under the seat. Though i explained this to their crew member but they were sticking to their laws and no cooperation was done at all. I mean paying charges of 23 kg luggage for 6 kg cabin bag is because it was marginally bigger.
RouteWinnipeg to Hamilton

"unethical business practices"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | In April 2018 I purchased a ticket from Toronto Pearson to Halifax with Flair Airlines. The day before my flight (July 8) I looked up the reservation details and was floored to see that the flight was departing from Hamilton, about two hours away. I looked back in my email inbox, thinking I had accidentally booked a flight from Hamilton, but the original confirmation email indeed said Toronto. I spent hours trying to get in touch with the company, both through their general hotline and their "dedicated itinerary hotline" -- to no avail. Thankfully I managed to find a drive to Hamilton in the end. The flight was 75% empty (see attached photo). Afterward I managed to get in touch with a company representative. They said that they had "consolidated" their flights and mine had been "consolidated" to Hamilton, and that my notification email must have gotten lost in the spam folder. I am used to airlines changing the time of the flight, but I find it completely acceptable that they would sell me a ticket for one airport and then swap it out for an airport two hours away without my consent. I don't think this company will last long. I've left out a lot of details for brevity, but in a nutshell: unethical business practices, near-nonexistent customer service, and generally seems like a train wreck of a company. Worst travel experience I have had in a long time. Avoid.
RouteToronto to Halifax
Date FlownJuly 2018

"a horrible experience"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Calgary. From the dirty plane to the terrible customer service this was a horrible experience. You definitely get what you pay for and then less. Hands down worth the tiny bit extra to fly Westjet.
RouteVancouver to Calgary
Date FlownAugust 2018

"Not one word of apology"

Trip Verified | Halifax to Hamilton. Was supposed to leave Halifax at 5:35 pm and flight left Halifax after 2:00 am. Horrible! Not one word of apology. Not only are passengers inconvenienced, but the people waiting on the other end. The arrival time was not updated on their website after the 19:05 departure update. It is 7:15 pm and I am still not physically well after this ordeal.
RouteHalifax to Hamilton

"an awful experience"

Not Verified | This was our first time flying with flair air, and I guess it is true, you get what you pay for. Our flight from YEG to YHZ was an awful experience. The bathrooms had toilet paper all over and urine all over the seats and were clearly not being looked after. The debit machine was down so we were unable to purchase any food during our six hour flight. We hoped that our flight from YHZ back to YEG wouldn’t be as terrible but our flight was delayed and flairs website didn’t have this information posted, it showed on time even four hours later as we were boarding. No airport announcement was made advising of the delayed flight either. Overall, extremely disappointed. I don’t recommend anyone to fly with this company. Extremely unorganized, and not worth saving a few bucks.
RouteHalifax to Edmonton

"you've lost me"

Trip Verified | Halifax to Hamilton. Awful, just awful. Flight scheduled to leave Halifax at 5:35pm. Flight is delayed due to mechanical issues. I tried Flair but you've lost me.
RouteHalifax to Hamilton
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Disappointing experience"

Trip Verified | I booked a flight for my 12 year old niece to fly home alone for the first time. I called and was told I could get a gate pass when arriving at the airport to go through security with her and sit until her flight boarded. When I arrived I was told Flair does not have gate passes and the information I was given was untrue. So I had to let my 12 year old niece go through security and find her gate without a family member. The flight was then delayed twice for a total of 3 hours and their website was not updated with the flight times and when I called the rep didn’t not have correct information about when the flight would leave and arrive. Very poor customer service and reps who are not accurately informed, leaving a 12 year old waiting alone for over 2 hours. Disappointing experience.
RouteCalgary to Winnipeg