Best Cabin Crew

Dragonair

"seats were always upgraded"

(Philippines)

Clark, Philippines to Hong Kong. Dragonair website is identical to Cathay Pacific and is user friendly. Booking is a breeze. Their online check-in and bag-drop counter at the airport are convenient. Inflight entertainment (Studio KA) is great with huge collections. I believe they just offer an all economy seats for their CRK-HKG flights however since there are business seats allotted due to the aircraft configuration, they allow other passengers to be seated in business cabin. I'm happy that my seats were always upgraded! Snack is so-so. Just a small pack of cookies, chocolate bar and water for short haul flights. One thing, the cabin crews should use English as a means of communication to customers.
RouteCRK to HKG
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"we had a good experience"

(New Zealand)

We booked this Dragonair ticket through S7 airlines from Irkutsk, and flew from Beijing to Hong Kong. Cabin crew were friendly and the food was of a good standard. Nothing too special on this flight - good entertainment on the PTV after many flights on S7 without any. The seat was of good width, however the legroom was a bit cramped and the seat a bit short - ie. it goes up to my shoulders (however the head rest could be adjusted up and down). Overall we had a good experience. I recommend this airline and will fly Dragonair again.
AircraftA330-300
RoutePEK to HKG
Date FlownDecember 2015

"taking care of my father"

(South Korea)

Due to the unexpected heavy storm, Jeju airport was closed and the flight my father was supposed to transfer via Hong Kong was rescheduled to a day later. He only had a hand luggage (checked-in luggage from Singapore couldn't be retreived) and Hong Kong was experiencing the cold wave as well. As he had just recovered from a surgery done 3 weeks ago, we were quite worried about his health. Via text messages, we asked him to approach the counter at the airport for assistance. A while later, he told us he was travelling to a hotel to stay for a night and all expenses were covered by the airline! Dragonair had provided a night's stay at aRoyal Garden hotel inclusive of meals. They also reimbursed the taxi he took from the airport to the hotel. The stranded passengers were given preprinted chits to be presented at the hotel so check-in was smooth. During the whole duration, my father was being updated about the flight status via text messages. The next day, the hotel arranged transportation for the passengers to return to the airport. In all, the staff and service was excellent and I must say that the airline is well-prepared to handle situations like this. Thank you Dragonair, for taking care of my father and the stranded passengers!
RouteSIN to CJU via HKG

"an outstanding crew"

(Indonesia)

Shanghai to Jakarta via Hong Kong with Dragonair, and an outstanding crew. They have 2 choices of food, but when they came to me its only 1 choice left and I didnt like it, so they offers me breads, salad and a choice of noodles. They handle their client very well and I love it. The minus is some aircraft still don't have inflight entertainment.
RoutePVG to CGK via HKG

"most friendly manner"

(Austria)

Siem Reap to Hong Kong on Dragonair was fantastic. Although this is a single-class aircraft we were treated like business class. A warm meal was served timely and in a most friendly manner. I must say this is airline will be high on my list when travelling in the region again.
RouteREP to HKG
Date FlownNovember 2015

"clear information on everything"

(Denmark)

Travelled Dragonair from Hanoi-HKG and back 20th and 31st December 2015, respectively. Airbus 321. Extremely alert staff, caring, pro-active, energetic, and professional. Food and wines of unexpected high quality and tasteful for economy class. 4 different kinds of beers offered – all from different countries. Elite card holder recognition by FA staff - even from other OW-airlines than Cathay and Dragonair. Only a minor delay of 30 minutes prevents me from rating the airline to 10 of 10 as delays are common according to their own information provided on their website, which is very good. Clear information on everything and willingness to expose their weak point, delays, is appreciated. Return flight was full on New Years’ eve, but well managed. A minor fault occurred by FAs mistakenly providing someone else “my” child meal. However, it was elegantly made up for by staff apologizing and personally displaying three alternatives for us by presenting them all on a tray, opening the foil. Drink rounds frequent and gentle.
RouteHAN to HAN via HKG
Date FlownDecember 2015

"crew friendly and courteous"

(Hong Kong)

Hong Kong to Hiroshima return with Dragonair, both flights on an A320-200. The first flight had no in-flight entertainment system on board, not even a shared screen in the cabin. The cabin was old and tired, and some seats were not well-maintained. Food was fairly acceptable but was nothing compared to Cathay Pacific. Fortunately the cabin crew were friendly and courteous, making this flight a fairly enjoyable one. The return flight was an older A320-200, but with renovated cabin. The cabin was smarter and more comfortable. Flight meal was better than the first flight. Interestingly, we could use the aircraft wifi on our tablets to access the in-flight entertainment system. Unfortunately, there was no guidance on how to download the Studio KA app when connected to the aircraft wifi and it turned out to be a 4.5-hour flight with no in-flight entertainment again. Cabin crew again mostly friendly and helpful. I was happy with my experience with Dragonair but I do not look forward to flying small aircraft (eg. A320). I would prefer the A330-300 in the future.
AircraftA320-200
RouteHong Kong to Hiroshima
Date FlownNovember 2015

"excellent cabin service"

Hong Kong to Shanghai with Dragonair and a fantastic experience. I would say it's much better than its parent company Cathay Pacific. Cabin attendants were present throughout the cabin, with warm and friendly smile. Flight delayed for a bit which I think it's normal due to the heavily congested Chinese airspace. A varieties of beverages and 2 choices of hot meal were handed out. Ice-cream afterwards! The meal in economy class is one of the best I've had! A superb airline with excellent cabin service.
AircraftA330-300
RouteHKG to PVG
Date FlownOctober 2015

"flight is always delayed"

Flew Dragonair from Guangzhou connecting to a Cathy Pacific flight back to London. The CAN-HKG flight was scheduled for 22.20, with my flight to LHR scheduled for 00.35. There was a single announcement at 22.00 that the flight was delayed, no other information. The aircraft arrived at 22.10, it took forever to do the turnaround - we departed the gate at 23.20. How can it take over an hour for a turnaround - the ground staff gave the impression that this was the first time they had handled a Dragonair flight. The flight itself was okay, but little apologies for the delay. Upfront was comfortable with a nice lunchbox given out before departure. The flight was 90% full of people with tight connections in HKG. We arrived at HKG at 00:15. We parked up at a remote stand and wasted so much time with a bus transfer back to the terminal. Arriving into the terminal there was ground staff everywhere holding up signs for connecting destinations. They already had new boarding passes for a flight 9 hours later to LHR. This is where is all falls apart. We had to clear HKG immigration and were told to proceed to a hotel shuttle bus in the coach park. Basically it took 90 minutes for the hotel shuttle to arrive, there was no Dragonair staff to be found in the airport for assistance. Apparently this flight is always delayed.
RouteGuangzhou to Hong Kong
Date FlownOctober 2015

"cabin crew always present"

Wonderful service and I was happy with economy class experience. Comfy seat, nice cabin, and IFE is great! Food was great, and prompt service. Cabin crew always present to help. I felt a little unsafe with Chinese carriers so tried Dragonair because of many reviews. I wasn't disappointed! I felt safe and comfortable the entire trip. Had a rough landing in Wuhan but that seems like the normal thing here.
RouteHong Kong to Wuhan