Top 100 Airports

China Airlines

"a horrible flight"

Verified Review | Flew Denpasar to Vancouver via Taipei. Old, old plane for a transpacific flight. Packed to bursting. On way out, we were seated in row 47, which I discovered was more cramped than other parts of the plane, which were already tight, as there is a huge service bar area in the middle of the aircraft. Smell of food almost constant, the back and forth of a huge number of flight attendants, put us in the worse spot on the plane. When we got to Taipei, we had a 5 hour layover, but there was no one available at the service desk to tell us where to go. Eventually, we just followed some folks, hoping we were on the right path. On the return, I asked at Denpasar, to change our seat allocations - no, could not be done except once in Taipei. Flight was 1 hour late departing Denpasar, so when I tried to change our seats, the attendants said it was impossible. For a 10.5 hour flight, we struggled. Plane delayed, again, by an hour for take-off. Once we were beginning the ascent, a fire alarm in the service area went off and continued until long past cruising altitude, as no one seemed to know how to turn it off. Not inspiring confidence. Then the service. The aisles are so narrow at this part of the plane that we are necessarily "involved" in all service activity in and out of the service bay and it is constant. I'm 5'6" and my knees hit the seat in front. If you put your seat back to sleep, your knees go forward. When we got to Taipei on the first leg home, running an hour or more late for our subsequent flight, the attendant at the gate was yelling where to go, in Chinese, of course. So we tried to ask where to go - "I just told you follow the people" - he yells. It was a horrible flight.
RouteDPS to YVR via TPE
Date FlownAugust 2016

"great service, excellent value"

Verified Review | Sydney to Auckland with China Airlines. This is my 4th trip with CI52/51 over the Tasman. Booked ticket 2 days before flying and received special fare of $300AUD return. Excellent value - 30kg bag, food, drinks, entertainment, seat assignment included, mobile check-in and dedicated bag drop - no waiting. Flight was full, left on time and service began swiftly and efficient. Arrived on time but delayed 20 mins while waiting for gate in Auckland. Return flight was also full, great service, excellent value.
RouteSYD to AKL
Date FlownAugust 2016

"great customer service"

Verified Review | Taipei to Hong Kong with China Airlines. The flight was 2 hours delayed but I was lucky enough to get upgraded to business class. The captain announced that due to the Hong Kong air traffic control, we need to stay on the ground at least 2 hours and wait for the further instruction. All the cabin attendants were very patient and polite. The cabin manager kept apologizing to me. The meal was served on the ground which was cool and not something I've ever experienced before. Overall, everything went well even though it became a late night arrival. Great customer service.
RouteTPE to HKG

"very smooth flight"

Verified Review | Taipei to Bangkok with China Airlines. I'm a frequent flyer. I was very lucky to fly the newest aircraft B777-300ER with special Boeing livery. Cabin manager came to greet me as usual. The inside of the aircraft was very clean and new. The Premium Economy seat was comfortable. The flight attendants were very polite and nice. A very smooth flight.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteTPE to BKK

"ground staff are rude"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Penang via Taipei. I am a passenger on wheelchair. When I was on transit at TPE airport, after waiting for more than 3.5 hours, I asked the ground staff if they can wheel me to the boarding gate so that I can wait there. One of the ground staff young ladies told me that since I can still walk, I should walk there myself! When I complained about her attitude at the transit counter, the ground staff there told me that I can go and complain to the management about this. I'm not going to travel China Airlines anymore if I need to transit in Taipei. The ground staff are rude.
RouteLAX to PEN via TPE
Date FlownJune 2016

"exquisite, attentive service"

Verified Review | Manila to Kansai via Taipei with China Airlines. Trip was a pair of 2 to 2.5 hour regional legs, both in the same aircraft. (There was a 3 day layover in Taipei between the legs.) Older style business seats, lie flat at angle, in 2-3-2 configuration on a 747-400, perfectly sufficient for 2 short daytime flights. Exquisite, attentive service. Stir fry black pepper beef, glass noodles, and a glass of Chianti Classico was probably above average, but this was only a 2 hour flight.
RouteMNL to KIX via TPE

"excellent onboard service"

Verified Review | This was my first time flying China Airlines from Singapore to Surabaya and return the next day. I was very impressed by the excellent onboard service, provided by the friendly and welcoming cabin crew. Both flights were on time, check in process was smooth. There was only one meal option on this fifth freedom flight but it was delicious. The cabin crews served with a smile. Overall I enjoyed these flights and will fly with them again soon.
AircraftA330-302
RouteSIN to SUB
Date FlownMay 2016

"surprised with the service"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | Manila to Tokyo Narita via Taipei with China Airlines, and I was surprised with the service, type of aircraft used and the Value for money. They served hot meals and they also have inflight entertainment. What can you ask for a real value for money? Service was very good going to Taiwan and to Narita. Food was not that good, though. Overall, if i have to decide between a budget airline vs China airlines, I would choose China airlines.
RouteMNL to NRT via TPE

"nothing to wow about"

Verified Review | Taipei to Tokyo Haneda. Boarding smooth and well organised. Aircraft definitely showed its age with old looking interior. Tiny personal touch screen, so tiny it's really hard to watch movies. Average inflight entertainment selection. Meal was your typical aircraft meal, you eat it because it's there. Nothing to wow about. Seating space very small. I'm only 5'5" and my knees were against the front seat back. Crew friendly and attentive. Great that China Airlines is getting the new B777 fleet and product, but a complete revitalising is needed.
RouteTSA to HND
Date FlownApril 2016

"far better than it used to be"

Verified Review | Taipei to Bangkok with China Airlines was a late night flight on the first sector of the Taipei to Amsterdam service. All good, comfortable, easy flight, pleasant and efficient crew. It is far better than it used to be : this was my first China Airlines flight in about a decade and the improvement is very evident. Skyteam membership makes this airline a good choice on some sectors.
RouteTPE to BKK