Top 100 Airports

China Airlines

"great customer service"

Verified Review | Taipei to Hong Kong with China Airlines. The flight was 2 hours delayed but I was lucky enough to get upgraded to business class. The captain announced that due to the Hong Kong air traffic control, we need to stay on the ground at least 2 hours and wait for the further instruction. All the cabin attendants were very patient and polite. The cabin manager kept apologizing to me. The meal was served on the ground which was cool and not something I've ever experienced before. Overall, everything went well even though it became a late night arrival. Great customer service.
RouteTPE to HKG

"very smooth flight"

Verified Review | Taipei to Bangkok with China Airlines. I'm a frequent flyer. I was very lucky to fly the newest aircraft B777-300ER with special Boeing livery. Cabin manager came to greet me as usual. The inside of the aircraft was very clean and new. The Premium Economy seat was comfortable. The flight attendants were very polite and nice. A very smooth flight.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteTPE to BKK

"ground staff are rude"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Penang via Taipei. I am a passenger on wheelchair. When I was on transit at TPE airport, after waiting for more than 3.5 hours, I asked the ground staff if they can wheel me to the boarding gate so that I can wait there. One of the ground staff young ladies told me that since I can still walk, I should walk there myself! When I complained about her attitude at the transit counter, the ground staff there told me that I can go and complain to the management about this. I'm not going to travel China Airlines anymore if I need to transit in Taipei. The ground staff are rude.
RouteLAX to PEN via TPE
Date FlownJune 2016

"exquisite, attentive service"

Verified Review | Manila to Kansai via Taipei with China Airlines. Trip was a pair of 2 to 2.5 hour regional legs, both in the same aircraft. (There was a 3 day layover in Taipei between the legs.) Older style business seats, lie flat at angle, in 2-3-2 configuration on a 747-400, perfectly sufficient for 2 short daytime flights. Exquisite, attentive service. Stir fry black pepper beef, glass noodles, and a glass of Chianti Classico was probably above average, but this was only a 2 hour flight.
RouteMNL to KIX via TPE

"excellent onboard service"

Verified Review | This was my first time flying China Airlines from Singapore to Surabaya and return the next day. I was very impressed by the excellent onboard service, provided by the friendly and welcoming cabin crew. Both flights were on time, check in process was smooth. There was only one meal option on this fifth freedom flight but it was delicious. The cabin crews served with a smile. Overall I enjoyed these flights and will fly with them again soon.
AircraftA330-302
RouteSIN to SUB
Date FlownMay 2016

"surprised with the service"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | Manila to Tokyo Narita via Taipei with China Airlines, and I was surprised with the service, type of aircraft used and the Value for money. They served hot meals and they also have inflight entertainment. What can you ask for a real value for money? Service was very good going to Taiwan and to Narita. Food was not that good, though. Overall, if i have to decide between a budget airline vs China airlines, I would choose China airlines.
RouteMNL to NRT via TPE

"nothing to wow about"

Verified Review | Taipei to Tokyo Haneda. Boarding smooth and well organised. Aircraft definitely showed its age with old looking interior. Tiny personal touch screen, so tiny it's really hard to watch movies. Average inflight entertainment selection. Meal was your typical aircraft meal, you eat it because it's there. Nothing to wow about. Seating space very small. I'm only 5'5" and my knees were against the front seat back. Crew friendly and attentive. Great that China Airlines is getting the new B777 fleet and product, but a complete revitalising is needed.
RouteTSA to HND
Date FlownApril 2016

"far better than it used to be"

Verified Review | Taipei to Bangkok with China Airlines was a late night flight on the first sector of the Taipei to Amsterdam service. All good, comfortable, easy flight, pleasant and efficient crew. It is far better than it used to be : this was my first China Airlines flight in about a decade and the improvement is very evident. Skyteam membership makes this airline a good choice on some sectors.
RouteTPE to BKK
Date FlownMarch 2016

"crew are proactive and polite"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | China Airlines offers exceptionally cheap price on this route, which involves one plane change in their Taipei hub, connection is about an hour which is sufficient. Interior design was nothing outstanding, but was still comfortable. Welcome drinks (2 juices and water) plus hot towel and newspaper delivered with a smile. The quality of dinner they serve is quite good, with 3 choices, Japanese style dinner is excellent, followed by the standard fare like cakes and ice cream. Cabin crew are proactive and polite. AVOD offers a fair choice, not that there's a lot, but sufficient for short to medium haul flights, with noise canceling headset. I find the remote control a bit chunky and awkward to use with the twisted cords. Unfortunately, due to bad weather condition in the first leg, I missed the 2nd leg, the staff gladly arranged a hotel for the night and escorted me wth a car to get back. The way they look after transit passengers are reasonable and helpful. Despite the delay due to weather, I think China Airlines will become more competitive with the whole new image and brand concept. My confidence in them has been earned back.
RouteNRT to HKG via TPE

"totally unaccountable staff"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | On a recent round trip in East Asia I flew with four different airlines but China Airlines was by far the worst, starting from the lousy "food" served to nothing but delays and to the total absence of proactive communication. The flight from Hong Kong to Taipei was delayed two hours with staff not bothering to provide any explanation. Of course I missed my connecting flight to Okinawa where my hotel for the night was already booked and prepaid at a no-refund rate. Asked what they were going to do about that they first said I should try harder to get a refund from the hotel but as I insisted they suggested I lodge a refund claim to the airline. I checked and their forms are all in Chinese. They took me to the Taipei airport Novotel for the night and early on the next day rushed me back to board the morning flight whereby the hurry was unnecessary as this flight was delayed as well. I mentioned the form issue but they didn't react and disappeared. Overall, a bad experience and totally unaccountable staff. Never again.
RouteHKG to OKA via TPE