Best Cabin Crew

China Airlines

"with lovely staff"

(New Zealand)

Christchurch to Melbourne with China Airlines. Awesome service with lovely staff and great food, movies and comfortable seats. Thank you very much for excellent service. I would definitely be using again. It was clean and well airconditioned. Value for money. Checking was great and no hassles.
RouteCHC to MEL
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"it was a pleasant experience"

I took a chance and booked a China Airlines flight from Loa Angeles to Bangkok via Taipei, it was the lowest published fare offered by any carrier so I was a little apprehensive. I did not experience any negatives, it was a pleasant experience that I would do again. The food was most plentiful and I've never been fed so much by an airline, I was surprised at quantity and quality and was served with wine. LAX-TPE and return were both newer 777-300's and all nighters so the drink/snack offerings were kept to a minimum to respect sleeping passengers. FA's did a great job of keeping the cabin clean and take safety very seriously. For a 14 hour flight (LAX-TPE vv) it would have been nice to have more of an inflight movie selection, it's just a lot of flight time for such a limited selection. On the TPE - BKK and return an older aircraft (A330) were in use and like our earlier flights, food was exvellent. I found the seats on the newer 777's to be most uncomfortable while the seats on the A330's were softer. There is a transfer desk just as you walk out of the arriving gate with assistance and a smile. I wouldn't hesitate to book a flight on this carrier in the future, it was a most positive experience
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteLAX to BKK via TPE

"cabin crew courteous"

China Airlines from Melbourne to Christchurch. Value for money, great food, cabin crew courteous, all services were included in the price so booking was easy, also for xmas was able to layby for a week so made it affordable.
RouteMEL to CHC
Date FlownDecember 2015

"needs to improve the product"

An old style business class product and mediocre service on this China Airlines flight from Amsterdam to Bangkok. A little disappointed in the product which was more akin to a premium economy offering than business class, but the cost of the ticket was reasonable so felt I received what I paid for. The old style seat only reclined and was not good for sleeping, and the IFE was very poor with only a small selection of movies, not helped by a small screen size. The meal service was efficient but quality of food poor. A pre-flight welcome drink was only offered on the return flight and the drinks service was sparse on both flights. The check-in was quick but I was not asked my seat preference and ended up in a seat which meant I was disturbed each time the person next to me got up. The Lounge at Amsterdam airport was KLM’s which is an airy space with plenty of seats, food and a bar. China Airlines needs to improve the product it offers on its Amsterdam flights before I book with them again, for now I will carry on using Emirates or Qatar Airways, both having a far superior Business product in comparison. The China Airlines website also needs an urgent upgrade in my opinion. It is also very dated and not easy to navigate. Their frequent flyer programme - Dynasty Flyer is also not explained well on the website.
RouteAMS to BKK

"happily fly again"

We flew with China Airlines for the first time over Christmas new year break from Brisbane to Auckland. We were pleasantly surprised, the check in service was exceptional. We asked to be upgraded to business and it was complimentary. The service in air was sufficient and seats comfortable. Meals fairly basic but catered for my dietary requests. Its not Qantas business class standard however we would happily fly again with them.
RouteBNE to AKL

"inflight service good"

(Taiwan)

Flew China Airlines 1st January from Taipei to Fukuoka. The inflight service was good and prompt by smiling FA. Individual movie screen as small, as ipad mini. The flight was good, cabin and toilet clean and well maintained. Will recommend flying with China Airlines.
RouteTPE to FUK
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"service was good and prompt"

Flew 1 Dec, CI 752 from Singapore to Taipei. Full flight departed on time, service was good and prompt by smiling FA. New uniform looks smart for mature staff but makes the younger ones looks older. Individual movie screen as small as ipad mini. 9 Dec, CI751 from Taipei to Singapore. Boarding was chaotic. Flight departed late due to long queue to take off. Both flights were good, cabin and toilet clean and well maintained. Will recommend flying with China Airlines.
RouteSingapore to Taipei

"I would not recommend"

(Taiwan)

As a Paragon Status (highest tier) with China Airlines, I am extremely disappointed at the quality of service. On my outbound flight on 12/12/2015, I was greeted with cold shoulder by the flight attendant serving my section. With 2 young children with me, I request the flight attendant if she can offer me some in-flight toys so my children can be seated quietly before take-off. However, the first response the flight attendant offered me was "you didn't have it?" and start to stare around our seats to see if we already received; it was extremely offending. Then she came back with 1 set of toy and claimed that they have ran out so my children would need to share, and sarcastically said "I don't know how to use this so you need to figure out". I then call for the purser and ask for explanation. After purser apologized, she then came back with 2 sets of in-flight toys. I was extremely disappointed at the service attitude of the flight attendant who attended my section. On my return lag on 12/15/2015, after checking, I was only issued 3 lounge passes while I have my wife, 4 year-old daughter and a 3 year-old daughter. I then ask if can have another pass so I can bring all my children to the lounge. Since China Airlines utilizes contractors and only have 1 direct staff at the Singapore Changi Airport, for every inquiry I made, the contractor would need to stand up and walks few steps to the China Airlines representative to get her permission. Surprisingly, as an elite member of this airline, the China Airlines representative remain seated at her position and for every question asked, the contractor would need to walk back and forth to address this issue. The worse case even after I call the customer service hotline to report the situation, the service attitude did not change. And the only solution the hotline can offer me is that they will "report back to HQ" of the situation. Despite the horrible check-in experience with China Airlines, when I arrived at the Changi Airport Dnata Lounge (not operated by China Airlines), when I asked them if I can bring another child in, they said that since your son is so young, of course, we will allow you. This clearly showed the lack of professional courtesy and consideration of China-Airlines to its passengers. I would not recommend this airline.
RouteTaipei to Singapore
Date FlownDecember 2015

"general impression good overall"

Amsterdam to Bangkok with China Airlines. Pleasant check in by KLM. Aircraft not young but cabin and toilets spotlessly clean and well maintained. Appeared to be fully booked, cabin crew adequate, bright, smart and helpful, speaking Thai. They regularly offered water/juice. Food and wine not outstanding or huge quantity but okay value for money, served effectively - the pre-booked meals came out first. Plastic cutlery but good quality. Entertainment- not a vast amount of audio on offer, range of styles good and well chosen but control system impenetrable and difficult to operate. General impression good overall. Seat pitch minimal but no footrests restricting floor space so you can stretch out.
RouteAMS to BKK
Date FlownNovember 2015

"missed a bit of a personal touch"

Pretty nice medium-haul flight from Ho Chi Minh City to Taipei. The crew on this flight were attentive and helpful, but a bit robotic and I have missed a bit of a personal touch. The seats were not ful flat, but for this route very comfy and spacious. The meal service were great with a good choice of asian and western style foods. Coffee service was very nice with a metal milk can and sugar box. At arrival in Taipei there was no priority line at immigration, so it tooks a long time to get landside.
RouteSGN to TPE