Cape Air

Review by (United Kingdom) 12th June 2015

LEB-BOS on Cessna 402. Only 4x passengers on the flight. All staff at Lebanon Regional Airport were polite. Weather for the flight was awful, cloud and rain, so no chance of any view on the way. Very smooth trip despite the weather. Arrived on time.
AircraftCessna 402
RouteLEB-BOS

Review by (United States) 23rd January 2015

12/22/2014 flight 1579 and 1/2/2015 flight 1574. My first impression - there's definitely plenty of room for improvement in the areas of customer service. On a positive note the actual flights themselves were great however there were several issues that left me frustrated and stressed out - not a good way to start and end vacation lack of efficiency lack of sensitivity care and compassion for customer sensitive issues (such as held back luggage) inconsistent information unclear information (resulting in a surprise $280 in luggage fees). Lack of attentiveness to customer inconsistent protocol (you need signs posted in the airport and don't cover up gate doors with plants) so that customers can find you.

Review by (United States) 22nd December 2014

BOS-ALB-OGS. Leg #1 We were about 10 minutes late due to weather (Can't control mother nature). We more than made up for the delay by arriving a little bit early. We had a great tail wind. Leg #2 arrived 15 minutes early. I grew up with this airline and hope it continues on into the future.

Review by (United States) 25th July 2014

July 19 2014 departing Lebanon NH. Flight 9K1872. I have never seen such a circus of inefficiency. Flew out of Lebanon New Hampshire where they departed 40 minutes late because that was how long it took them to pass 9 customers through security. Missed connection to my non-stop flight and now will spend the day flying from airport to get home late tonight. Avoid at all costs.

Review by (United States) 17th March 2014

Sitting in Logan again canceled flight to Bar Harbor due to "maintenance". Second time they've done this. First time I was the only one waiting for plane this time its me and one other. They won't run for two people apparently. They loaded two other planes that had later departures than ours before canceling ours. I'm spending a vacation day at an airport. Should've taken a bus. I'd be there by now.

Review by (United States) 23rd December 2013

I was supposed to fly from Kirksville to St. Louis hassle free only an hour long flight. I show up to the airport and find out my flight has been cancelled. They could have notified me the flight only has 9 people max on it. How hard would it have been to call and let us know so we could make other arrangements. I missed my connecting flight in St. Louis as well. Never again! Awful service too much trouble only driving to St. Louis from now on. Not recommending Cape Air to anyone!

Review by (United States) 9th September 2013

I was bumped from a flight Rutland VT to Boston and almost no effort was made by the person in charge to find a volunteer who could take a later flight. Be aware that they can bump people due to weight issues on the plane (people had a lot of luggage apparently and I was told the flight would have been 80 pounds over the limit if the plane had flown with the normal number of passengers that day - they were not even overbooked). My understanding is there is no limit to their ability to bump for this reason and they don't need to pay any compensation whatsoever. I was headed to Boston to make a connection to MN. The woman in charge seemed unconcerned and thought that since she could fly me from a NH airport departing much later and have me arrive in time to run to my connection there was no harm done. I explained to her that I was sick and mobility and energy were issues at that point she offered to set up a wheelchair for me in Boston. My experience with Cape Air tells me they are mostly nice people but I would never rely on them again in any situation where arrival at destination on time is important. I should add they did offer me a free RT ticket on Cape Air (for use in the next year) but this is of no use to me since I would never fly Cape Air again.

Review by (Canada) 23rd July 2013

Returning home from Boston (to Ogdensburg) severe fog did not permit take-off of Cape-Air's small plane. Several people absolutely had to get home that night. Cape Air went above and beyond. They re-booked all of us on an outbound flight from Logan to Albany then hired a driver in an uber-comfy shuttle van to drive everyone the rest of the way to Ogdensburg. Long journey and not quite what any of us was anticipating that day but cannot say enough about the service and kindness of the Cape Air staff.

Review by (United States) 3rd July 2013

I had the first flight of the day and weather conditions did not hamper take off. Crew made no attempt to depart on time and left 25 minutes late causing me to miss connection costing me to add 9 hrs to my trip due to missed connection. The delays were strictly caused by the airline.

Review by (United States) 10th June 2013

I was informed that my flight from Boston to Rockland was cancelled no reason given no flight available for the next day. No compensation offered. No other transportation home was available at that hour. I was assisted in my wheelchair by a Logan airport employee to the ground transportation areas (after getting my bags) and waited for a hotel shuttle. The cheapest hotel available cost me $188 plus food for that evening and the next morning. Next morning I took the shuttle back to the airport so I could pay $46 to ride the bus to Rockland. Had this flight been cancelled in Rockland and I could not connect my flight in Boston I would have been out several hundred's of dollars and United will not give refunds. A last minute cancellation by Cape Air means a no call no show at United or whatever airline one might be flying with. Very costly trip. They tried to tell me they would help me out if that happened. It did happen from Boston to Rockland (just their ticket cost) and would do nothing for me.