Bangkok Airways

Review by (Canada) 17th June 2015

Bangkok Airways gets better. Staff are friendly and well trained. Airplanes although some are showing their age are well maintained. Food on every flight I take is fine with a good selection.
RouteChiang Mai to Bangkok

Review by (Thailand) 22nd May 2015

BKK-USM-BKK. A bit upset at the beginning as I arrive early and request a flight change denied by ground staff though I overheard that the flight is not full but that is understandable. Their recently renovated Boutique lounge (economy class lounge) at BKK airport is nice plenty of comfortable seats nice snacks and good Wifi connection for my long wait. Both flights were fine on refurbished A319 with shiny new cushion seat covered hot light supper/ tasty snack is served by nice attendant. Minus point is punctuality both flight delayed 20 and 30 minutes respectively.

Review by (United Kingdom) 18th May 2015

Flew BKK-REP return a few weeks ago. I've done this journey once a year for three years now and have to say this year almost felt like a whole different airline. Last couple of years the journey has been "acceptable" but you did feel they were happily benefiting from a route with few competitors. This year it's like they've completely refreshed their service offering. Really impressed and for the first time I felt it really lived up to the idea of a "boutique" airline. Experience started at check-in in BKK - great ground crew and changing to an earlier flight was effortlessly carried out with a simple $20 surcharge. A Bangkok Airways branded bus took us out from the gate to the plane which turned out to be once on board one of their new ATR-72s - Immaculate and comfortable. Crew professional friendly the mini-meal was interesting and fun - a scaled down version of a long haul meal served on a tray with three courses - Cold but you can't have everything. Followed by a tea/coffee service. For a 55 minute flight! As it was the flight turned out to be 1 hr 45 mins long due to bad weather in Siem Reap so we circled for ages - Flight deck kept us informed throughout. Flight back again a great experience - asked at check in if they could check me through to my final destination since my connecting flight in BKK was on a code-share partner. The agent promptly and gracefully did even issued me boarding passes for all my return segments! Very grateful for this service. Plane was an older ATR-72 this time but interior well maintained and looked like it had a spring clean. Crew again professional and friendly and given it's a hour flight you couldn't ask for more. An excellent experience.

Review by (Netherlands) 18th May 2015

For me Bangkok Airways is still the best domestic Thai carrier. However they seem to be getting less reliable. Booked a return flight BKK-UTH-BKK. The flight from Bangkok to Udonthani was cancelled only days after booking it (the second time this happened to us in the past year). We called their customer service got our money back and rebooked with Thai Smile. This morning we arrived at the airport in Udonthani at 07.40am to find out that the 09.15am flight to Bangkok had been rescheduled to 8am about which they had neglected to inform us. Thankfully counter staff still allowed us on the flight. Aircraft was well maintained with friendly staff. A hot meal was included seats were OK but a little hard with enough leg room. Plane only 25% full smooth landing. Unfortunately because we were not informed of the change we had to buy new bus tickets at an extra cost. Will I fly with them again? Yes although I have become a little hesitant because of all their last minute changes.

Review by (United Kingdom) 16th May 2015

BKK-KBV-BKK with Bangkok Airways was largely a real pleasure. This airline is trying hard to be different in it's passenger service and it shows. Both flights on time spotlessly clean aircraft full 'meal' service (food nothing special) good seat pitch and largely smiling cabin crews. The only thing to let down the whole experience were the staff in the Lounge at Krabi airport. They were really unfriendly and unhelpful. No eye contact at all and responded rudely when asked a quick question about a smartphone boarding pass.

Review by (United Kingdom) 16th May 2015

BKK to CNX. Uneventful short flight with excellent legroom better than Easyjet and Ryanair. Inflight meal and drinks (non-alcoholic) served free. Overhead in-flight entertainment available. Competitive prices still cheaper than Thai.

Review by (Philippines) 8th May 2015

BKK-PNH-BKK. Flights were on time. Crews were absolutely professional and courteous. What amazes me about this airline is that on a short 55 minute flight they still serve a full meal in coach. The seats pitch is excellent. Coach passengers have access to their Boutique lounge in both BKK and PNH. I can't recommend this airline highly enough!

Review by (United Kingdom) 12th April 2015

22/3/2015 PG 269. 25/3/2015 PG266. 29/3/2015 PG 253. 3/4/2015 PG280. Myself and a friend travelled with this airline from Bangkok-Krabi-Koh Samui-Phuket-Bangkok in March/April. I am disabled and use a mobility scooter. I am very impressed with the service we received. All of the staff from office to ground to cabin crew went out of their way to help and support our journeys. I would highly recommend this airline.

Review by (United Kingdom) 10th April 2015

Flew KUL to USM on 19th March rtn on the 26th March. Flights on time or early onboard clean and modern A319 aircraft. On arrival at USM (Samui) by bags didn't make the flight. I blame baggage handlers at KUL. Bags arrived that evening at hotel. Free snacks and drinks at gate/lounge on return from USM for all passengers - unbelievable in this age of cutbacks. Amazing that they still serve a hot meal on such short flights. Crew professional and friendly. Can't fault them.

Review by (United Kingdom) 4th April 2015

NPG 914 from Bangkok on March 15th and flight PG 124 on March 25th. Travelled with an elderly relative. Cabin crew were excellent in assisting us and even got a chair lift at Samui Airport to assist getting off the plane safely and nothing was too much trouble. Staff are only too happy to help.