Vote Now

Bangkok Airways

"is a sure-fire winner"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Chiang Mai to Mumbai via Bangkok. As a Thai resident have frequently flown this airline domestically. While it USED to cost more than either NokAir or AirAsia, its twice-yearly promotions often brought the price down to match or be less than Nok and AA. This time I flew Bangkok Airways internationally again having bought the ticket during a promotion. Very smooth check-in. A spacious complimentary lounge for all passengers to relax in with snackies, tea coffee (including latte mocha cappu) water juice and freshly-made popcorn. Excellent wi-fi. Always announcements made announcing boardings/departures. Very efficient and well-guided transfer from arrivals to departures in Bangkok where I had to change planes. Friendly, if somewhat officious (had changed seats and occupied an empty row and an hour before landing crew informed me I would have to move back to my original seat and on inquiring why was told that the plane needed to be "balanced"), crew (Bkk-Mumbai). No Immigration forms handed out on plane; no conveyor belt number announced. Don't know if this is the fault of Indian Immigration and Mumbai airport. Return to Thailand also very smooth and efficient with the entire process being done in reverse. Bangkok Airways complimentary lounges/snackies etc, coupled with great wi-fi and loads of seating is a sure-fire winner.
AircraftA319/320
RouteChiang Mai to Mumbai via Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2017

"never been treated so well"

Verified Review | Chiang Mai to Bangkok with Bangkok Airways. We checked in at a kiosk with the help of a very polite and efficient agent from the airline, and then waited in line for ten minutes at baggage drop (the airlines allows 50 lb. of baggage with economy tickets). After security, we relaxed in the dedicated Bangkok Airways lounge at CNX, which included free refreshments and WiFi. The airline staff, both on the ground and in the air, were gracious and efficient. The plane was spotlessly clean, and had comfortable seating and magazines, but no inflight entertainment during this 75-minute flight. A complimentary hot meal was offered to all passengers: I ordered an Asian vegetarian meal in advance and it was delicious. We landed in BKK on time and baggage arrived within 10 minutes. I have never been treated so well during a domestic flight. Such a contrast to flying domestic economy in the USA.
RouteChiang Mai to Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2017

"attendants were attentive and helpful"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | Although Bangkok Airways claims to be a boutique airline, it's not true for this ATR aircraft due to small leg room space. Even a 1 and a half hour flight from Samui to Utopao was not comfortable. About 40 minute queue at check-in counters. The other ground services was quite good. Om board meal was not bad with a hot main course. Flight attendants were attentive and helpful.
AircraftATR 72-500
RouteSamui to Utopao
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"cancelled without notification"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | I have used Bangkok Airways a few times during March and April. The last time, my flight Bangkok to Chiang Mai was schedule around 19.40. I arrived the airport quite early before 5pm and found out that this flight was cancelled without notification. They explained it might because I bought the ticket via agency. The next flight was almost 10pm. So bad that I have to wait almost 5 hours. This time again, flight from Bangkok to Chiang Mai has been announced as delayed by 1 hour at least! Many of my colleagues also complain frequently of delays with Bangkok Airways.
RouteBangkok to Chiang Mai
Date FlownMarch 2017

"staff was gracious and helpful"

Unverified | Mumbai to Phuket via Bangkok. A very comfortable flight from Mumbai to Bangkok. The seats were quite comfortable and had enough legroom. The food was good and sufficient for the late night departure. The connecting flight from Bangkok to Phuket was also quite good and no complaints. The cabin staff was gracious and helpful. There is no inflight entertainment. The only issues were on arrival in Bangkok for the transit flight, the attendant directed me to the transfer desk for immigration without informing that the visa on arrival needs to be stamped at another counter before proceeding to immigration. So had to make the long trek to the transfer deck from the gate learn that the visa on arrival needs to be done at another place which was again a fair distance away and then make the trek back to the transfer and security. I managed to just reach the gate in time for boarding my connection to Phuket. Also if you have international connections on Bangkok Airways, your baggage comes at International Arrivals in Phuket and not domestic. Just something to keep in mind if you are arranging pick-up.
RouteMumbai to Phuket via Bangkok

"very pleasant experience"

(Denmark)

Verified Review | Bangkok to Mandalay. Flying with Bangkok Airways was a very pleasant experience. The food was good and the staff was swift, efficient and polite. The aircraft was in NIKI Airways livery. It felt a bit strange entering an aircraft from a small, European budget airline.
RouteBangkok to Mandalay
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"still have not gotten a response

Verified Review | On Feb. 15, 2017 we checked in online for our Bangkok Airways flight 906 from Siem Reap to Bangkok on Feb. 16. We were at the airport 2 hours prior to departure and checked in smoothly. We went through immigration and were waiting in line at security when the Agent that checked us in came running up to us and pulled us out of line. She said she had been informed by the company that our boarding passes needed a special stamp. At this point everyone in line was staring at us. She took our boarding passes and stamped them both then said we could get back in line. When I looked at my boarding pass it was stamped "Accepted No Meal." This was sold as a meal flight and I had no idea why they would do this. On Feb. 17, I sent an e mail to Bangkok Airways asking why we had been denied a meal with no explanation. It is now March 10 and I still have not gotten a response.
RouteSiem Reap to Bangkok
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"among the better economy flights"

(Vietnam)

Verified Review | Bangkok to Mandalay on 6th March on a Bangkok Airways A320. Flight was full and on time. Everything worked smoothly. Free lounge in Bangkok for all passengers. Hot meals and drinks served, including those hot and those having a bit of booze. Staff efficient. Arrival cards distributed on-board. Among the better economy flights I have taken.
RouteBangkok to Mandalay
Date FlownMarch 2017

"was more than I expected"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | Our group of 12 was the first to check in for this short hop from Luang Prabang to Bangkok. Check-in was very smooth and was pleasantly surprised that we were allowed to have our luggage tagged all the way through to Manila even if we were holding a separate ticket for that leg. It saved us a lot of time and hassle to have to go through Immigration in Bangkok. We were invited to use their lounge which offered a comfortable environment with snacks and complimentary wi-fi. The flight departed on time and the level of cabin service was top notch considering the cramped environment in a turbo prop like the ATR72. The meal and beverage service was more than I expected. On time arrival in BKK and smooth luggage transfer to our connecting PAL flight to Manila. Congratulations on a well-run airline!
AircraftATR72
RouteLuang Prabang to Bangkok

Bangkok Airways customer review

Verified Review | Good flight with Bangkok Airways. The service was efficient and friendly and the food was really delicious. The flights departed on-time on both legs. The aircraft was clean and the seats were comfortable. The only thing that I would like to see improved is their inflight magazine. The content is superb and really interesting but they published their inflight magazine every two months. It would be much better if they did it monthly.
RouteBangkok to Vientiane