Bangkok Airways

"inflight service very reasonable"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Male was a mixed experience. The flight departed and arrived perfectly on time. Seat comfort was good and inflight service very reasonable. The flight did not provide any IFE or wifi. Food and beverages were reasonably good. However, it was a bumpy ride due to weather and they did not have the seatbelt sign on, and at a specific moment we hit some moderate turbulence. Recommended anyway.
RouteBangkok to Male
Date FlownNovember 2017

"service onboard was really good"

Trip Verified | Siem Reap to Bangkok. I flew on an old A320 that seemed to be a bit tired, the paint in the outside of the aircraft was showing signs of age. Regardless, the flight experience was reasonable, very timely and service onboard was really good. Recommended.
AircraftA320-232
RouteSiem Reap to Bangkok
Date FlownNovember 2017

"assistance and hospitality"

Verified Review | Koh Samui to Bangkok. If you want to start your vacation already in the Economy Class of an airline, please select Bangkok Airways! My experience says even that holiday feeling is strongly supported by their assistance and hospitality with customer service at the airport! Bangkok Airlines saved our day (and our following vacation in Koh Samui) by saving us from horrible experiences with the most unpleasant airline in the region: Spicejet!
AircraftATR-72
Date FlownOctober 2017

"Great little airline"

Verified Review | Flew Phuket to Ko Samui with Bangkok Airways. Great little airline! We flew with only about 6 other people on our little propellor plane and the plane was very smooth! Smoother than most other propellor planes I've been on. We were also served a great meal without having to purchase it! It was included in the price.
RoutePhuket to Ko Samui
Date FlownAugust 2017

"all passengers was squeezed next to each other"

Verified Review | Flew Bangkok to Phuket. I fly around 300.000 miles a year and I have now had 2 flights with Bangkok Airways. The service is friendly and the airplane was in good condition. There was no delay during the last 3 flights. Complaints: during online check-in the airline blocked almost all seat-selections and gave you a choice of a max of 4 selections. I can't tolerate such issues, especially when the aircraft is 25-35% booked or less (all 3 flights). Also the ground personal would not change my seat to my desired selection with the explanation that it was not possible because we need to balance out the aircraft! There were multiple empty rows and all passengers was squeezed next to each other!
RouteBangkok to Phuket
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"staff relaxed and very friendly"

Verified Review | As usual Bangkok Airways never disappoints. The fare is very affordable, checking in a luggage is free, the lounge is free food and WiFi. The airplane looks very clean and sharp, the staff are all smiles, relaxed and very friendly. This is my favorite airline in south asia. I love it.
RouteChiang Mai to Bangkok
Date FlownDecember 2016

"aircraft interior was starting to show its age"

Verified Review | Chiang Mai to Bangkok, flight PG228 onboard an older Airbus A319. Flight was slightly delayed due to the late incoming aircraft. The lounge at Chiang Mai airport was fairly basic (sandwiches, juices, and a popcorn machine!) but definitely set the airline aside from its competitors. The aircraft interior was starting to show its age, seats were wide and spacious yet the appearance was subpar even to low cost carriers such as AirAsia. Flight was approximately at 90% capacity with some empty middle seats. Cabin crew were professional and enthusiastic from boarding to disembarking. A full meal was distributed yet left a lot to be desired. Metal cutlery was provided, definitely a nice touch as some other full service carriers don't provide them. Touched down in Bangkok 5 minutes later than scheduled and ferried by bus back to the terminal. Bags were a little slower to arrive due to the far proximity of the area from where the aircraft was parked upon arrival. Overall, for the price I paid for this flight (40USD), I had an enjoyable experience and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.
AircraftA319-100
RouteChiang Mai to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi
Date FlownAugust 2017

"I enjoyed the experience"

Verified Review | My first flight with Bangkok Airways and I enjoyed the experience. Check in at both Bangkok and Siem Reap went smoothly. Boarding by bus also went without a hitch. Love the prop aircraft since all the seats have a view as the wing is not in the way. Service onboard was good. They provided a meal and you can pre-arrange a special meal if required. Leg room was good and I am a tall person. Would certainly fly with them again. The flight back was no different. Would recommend Bangkok Airways over Air Asia any day.
AircraftATR 72-600
RouteBangkok to Siem Reap
Date FlownJuly 2017

"The plane was well kept"

Verified Review | I enjoyed my flight with Bangkok Airways flying from Koh Samui to Bangkok. The staff were very friendly and the plane left on time. Check in was easy. There was even free snacks available before we boarded the plane. The meal they served was not very large, but OK for a short flight. The plane was well kept. No IFE, but given the length of the flight it didn't matter.
Date FlownMay 2017

"sit around at the airport"

Verified Review | My partner and I were due to fly from Koh Samui to Bangkok in the afternoon at 15.20. We arrived at the airport in plenty of time and checked in our bags, we were waiting to board our flight only to have an announcement that for some technical reason the flight had been cancelled. I had to report to check in where there was no extra information forthcoming as to why exactly the flight was cancelled. We were then rescheduled for another flight 2 hours after our original departure time. There was the added confusion that we would board from GATE 2 on the new flight, which was then changed back to GATE 1 and the boarding time was delayed again with no reason given. There seemed to be no sense of urgency at all by the airline staff. We had to sit around at the airport for this time, we tried without success to see if we could leave some carry on luggage somewhere secure to save carrying it around to get an unhelpful response from the staff at premier lounge and the check-in desk. We did have an inflight meal while we were waiting so at least one of the staff was concerned, but considering the money we paid for the flights and not much choice of airline a poor service and the flight we came back on was the propeller aircraft. The stewards on this flight looked disinterested and not seeming to want to help passengers. My flight out was a very pleasant experience with a good lounge at Bangkok and very good cabin staff on this flight and the flight was on time.
AircraftATR