Bangkok Airways

"I enjoyed the experience"

Verified Review | My first flight with Bangkok Airways and I enjoyed the experience. Check in at both Bangkok and Siem Reap went smoothly. Boarding by bus also went without a hitch. Love the prop aircraft since all the seats have a view as the wing is not in the way. Service onboard was good. They provided a meal and you can pre-arrange a special meal if required. Leg room was good and I am a tall person. Would certainly fly with them again. The flight back was no different. Would recommend Bangkok Airways over Air Asia any day.
AircraftATR 72-600
RouteBangkok to Siem Reap
Date FlownJuly 2017

"The plane was well kept"

Verified Review | I enjoyed my flight with Bangkok Airways flying from Koh Samui to Bangkok. The staff were very friendly and the plane left on time. Check in was easy. There was even free snacks available before we boarded the plane. The meal they served was not very large, but OK for a short flight. The plane was well kept. No IFE, but given the length of the flight it didn't matter.
RouteKoh Samui to Bangkok
Date FlownMay 2017

"sit around at the airport"

Verified Review | My partner and I were due to fly from Koh Samui to Bangkok in the afternoon at 15.20. We arrived at the airport in plenty of time and checked in our bags, we were waiting to board our flight only to have an announcement that for some technical reason the flight had been cancelled. I had to report to check in where there was no extra information forthcoming as to why exactly the flight was cancelled. We were then rescheduled for another flight 2 hours after our original departure time. There was the added confusion that we would board from GATE 2 on the new flight, which was then changed back to GATE 1 and the boarding time was delayed again with no reason given. There seemed to be no sense of urgency at all by the airline staff. We had to sit around at the airport for this time, we tried without success to see if we could leave some carry on luggage somewhere secure to save carrying it around to get an unhelpful response from the staff at premier lounge and the check-in desk. We did have an inflight meal while we were waiting so at least one of the staff was concerned, but considering the money we paid for the flights and not much choice of airline a poor service and the flight we came back on was the propeller aircraft. The stewards on this flight looked disinterested and not seeming to want to help passengers. My flight out was a very pleasant experience with a good lounge at Bangkok and very good cabin staff on this flight and the flight was on time.
AircraftATR
RouteKoh Samui to Bangkok
Date FlownJune 2017

"was a pleasant journey"

Verified Review | Chiang Mai to Mae Hong Son return with Bangkok Airways using their ATR Turboprop was a pleasant journey. Even though it was a short-flight (45 minutes), the cabin crew still served the passengers with inflight meal. On-going flight was cancelled due technical issue with their airplane. But, the ground staff were helping us quickly by transferring us to the nearest hotel, rebook our return flight without cost, and gave some compensation according to the Thai passenger right. The price seems OK with its product and service. They provided also a free entry to its lounge in both airports without cost for all economy passengers.
AircraftATR
RouteChiang Mai to Mae Hong Son
Date FlownMay 2017

"total let down experience "

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Total let down experience with Bangkok Airways from Da Nang to Bangkok. I do have Food allergies and is not something I asked for and who has food allergies know well what I mean. I did as usual practice when flying, informed the airline about my allergies, once on board the flight the crew came to ask for my name and if I was the passenger with the allergies which I confirmed. When she served me the food there was a label on top of the food container indicating my allergies (Soya, Rice, Banana, Sesame), when I removed the food cover guess what I found rice. It is just unbelievable how lightly they take food allergies or most likely they don’t care. I sent emails and not just 1 but more and nobody form Bangkok Airways even bothered to reply or just give me a call to apologize…
RouteDa Nang to Bangkok
Date FlownMay 2017

"booking system is the worst"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Their online booking system is the worst I know. Getting into it is difficult at times, it can be slow and difficult to use. They would not accept my international credit cards which means I have to telephone their office (easier said than done) to make or confirm the reservation. On the last occasion I went through five credit cards all of which are in limit and valid but the website would not accept them. When I contacted my credit card companies they told me that no attempt had been made to charge my cards. So for me, their online booking system does not work.
RoutePhnom Phen to Bangkok

"they keep on improving"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Bangkok to Trat. This is my fourth time reviewing Bangkok airways, and they keep on improving. When I arrived at the airport 50 minutes before the flight, my brother forgot his ID. The friendly lady at check in called her supervisor and gave us special documents and let us on the flight. The flight was delayed by 30 minutes due to the fact cleaning staff were late, normally Trat flights have an excellent on time record. Boarding finished within 5 minutes. My seafood meal was grilled veggie salad topped with salmon. It was great for a 40 minute flight. Unfortunately the flight passed through quite a lot of bad weather so there was no coffee/tea service. Flight attendants on this flight were friendly and very helpful. I'd like to note that if possible, find out if you're flying a -500 or a -600, since the -500 has creaky seats and the plane I flew was unclean. I flew the -600 this flight, and flew this particular plane (HS-PZE) before and must say that time the cabin looked much cleaner. Maybe cleanliness needs to be worked out.
AircraftATR72-600
RouteBangkok to Trat

"Highly recommended"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Bangkok to Phuket. Amazing airline, easy online booking, you can choose seats with no extra cost. Great communication via email a couple of days before the departure. Punctual. They have airport lounges in Bangkok and Phuket for economy passengers where you can get free WIFI, hot and cold drinks and food. Our flight only took 1 hour and they provided food. Highly recommended! They do not let travel agents to book your domestic flight (from NZ) but the process is easy and you have many options (refundable and non refundable tickets).
RouteBangkok to Phuket

"is a sure-fire winner"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Chiang Mai to Mumbai via Bangkok. As a Thai resident have frequently flown this airline domestically. While it USED to cost more than either NokAir or AirAsia, its twice-yearly promotions often brought the price down to match or be less than Nok and AA. This time I flew Bangkok Airways internationally again having bought the ticket during a promotion. Very smooth check-in. A spacious complimentary lounge for all passengers to relax in with snackies, tea coffee (including latte mocha cappu) water juice and freshly-made popcorn. Excellent wi-fi. Always announcements made announcing boardings/departures. Very efficient and well-guided transfer from arrivals to departures in Bangkok where I had to change planes. Friendly, if somewhat officious (had changed seats and occupied an empty row and an hour before landing crew informed me I would have to move back to my original seat and on inquiring why was told that the plane needed to be "balanced"), crew (Bkk-Mumbai). No Immigration forms handed out on plane; no conveyor belt number announced. Don't know if this is the fault of Indian Immigration and Mumbai airport. Return to Thailand also very smooth and efficient with the entire process being done in reverse. Bangkok Airways complimentary lounges/snackies etc, coupled with great wi-fi and loads of seating is a sure-fire winner.
AircraftA319/320
RouteChiang Mai to Mumbai via Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2017

"never been treated so well"

Verified Review | Chiang Mai to Bangkok with Bangkok Airways. We checked in at a kiosk with the help of a very polite and efficient agent from the airline, and then waited in line for ten minutes at baggage drop (the airlines allows 50 lb. of baggage with economy tickets). After security, we relaxed in the dedicated Bangkok Airways lounge at CNX, which included free refreshments and WiFi. The airline staff, both on the ground and in the air, were gracious and efficient. The plane was spotlessly clean, and had comfortable seating and magazines, but no inflight entertainment during this 75-minute flight. A complimentary hot meal was offered to all passengers: I ordered an Asian vegetarian meal in advance and it was delicious. We landed in BKK on time and baggage arrived within 10 minutes. I have never been treated so well during a domestic flight. Such a contrast to flying domestic economy in the USA.
RouteChiang Mai to Bangkok