Bangkok Airways

"Time to refresh Bangkok Airways?"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | My previous flights with Bangkok Airways have been good, however this trip was not up to the 'boutique' standard. While the service onboard was efficient, a couple of the female flight attendants appeared to be less than happy and did not seem to be able smile. Sure, we all have bad days, but when your job is in the service industry, then act pleasant. I also thought that the aircraft appeared to look a little tired. Time to refresh Bangkok Airways?
RouteMandalay to Bangkok
Date FlownJune 2018

"excess luggage expensive"

Trip Verified | Chiang Mai to Bangkok. Horrible experience with the worse check-in experience I have had, waiting one hour and forty minutes. BKK airport is very modern: I used it tens of times before and never had to wait more than normal. The excess luggage was frightfully expensive (on a domestic flight I paid nearly 3 times my air fare), staff was of no help. Onboard it was decent.
RouteChiang Mai to Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2018

"professional and friendly"

Trip Verified | Connecting from Dubai to Chiang Mai. Domestic connections very seamless at that hour (7.30pm) as there weren't many domestic flights left. Lounge at Bangkok was very quiet and pleasant with a decent selection of snacks and drinks, good wifi too. Boarding was done on time and very quickly as the flight wasn't too full. Cabin crew were professional and friendly. Left Bangkok 10 minutes ahead of schedule. Full meal was served although it was cold and rather underwhelming, unexpected of Bangkok Air. Landed in Chiang Mai 30 minutes ahead of schedule. Only issue was that the plane was rather old and the legroom was very tight but overall, a good flight.
RouteBangkok to Chiang Mai
Date FlownMay 2018

"disappointed with our experience"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Koh Samui. The lounge services in Bangkok were dirty, flight was dirty, tired and like being in a sardine tin. Our return flight experience from Koh Sumi to Bangkok was not good. At check in at Koh Sumi airport staff questioned my partner's visa rights entering back into Australia since she was traveling on a non-Australian passport which I appreciate was necessary, however, didn’t see the information was in her passport. She confirmed our baggage would be retagged with Qantas business when they arrived in Bangkok – this did not happen. Our flight was delayed no explanation – seems Bangkok Airways departing flights from Koh Sumai are arranged so they all arrive and take off at the same time. My son's pram was tagged fragile as we requested and we witnessed it being thrown into the hold from our window seat. Ground staff overseeing the transfer point had limited English communication skills and were rude. We had to run with our son and hand luggage across the other side of the terminal to make our connecting flight. I feel very disappointed with our experience. I’m not familiar with Thai hospitality to be like this in Thailand as it is always professional and helpful in my past experience.
RouteBangkok to Koh Samui
Date FlownMarch 2018

"efficient inflight service"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Chiang Mai. Excellent flight. Super fast and efficient inflight service with good food. All budget airlines (including BA) who charge for in flight food/beverages and consequently take ages to get through the cabin should take note. This is the way to treat your customers and provide excellent service.
RouteBangkok to Chiang Mai
Date FlownApril 2018

"Attentive crew, smooth flight"

Trip Verified | Siem Reap to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi. Overall, comfortable flight. Pros: Attentive crew, smooth flight, decent food. You actually reach a real person if you call customer service. Cons: Flight did not leave on time. Web app is not easy to use when booking. I wanted to book a flight from Bangkok to Siem Reap and tried 4 times. Each time I got to the payment page, the app would crash. I finally called the customer service no. on the morning of my planned departure but by that time, the good airfare was gone! I ended up flying with AirAsia, which I would not recommend to anyone.
RouteSiem Reap to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi

"now its very mediocre"

Trip Verified | Mandalay to Bangkok. They seem to have embraced the budget model. Booked our February flights last summer and as these were the only flights on our itinerary which had less than 30kg baggage allowance I had a webchat conversation with customer services about additional baggage. No problem they said, as you are a member of flyer bonus we give you 10kg extra. Fast forward to check in and surprise surprise the check in agent was having none of it and charged us $80 US and refused to get a manager saying pay or leave your bag. Their aircraft interiors have also deteriorated over the years and are not as clean as they once were. This airline used to be unique while now its very mediocre. Such a shame.
RouteMandalay to Bangkok

"web site is misleading"

Trip Verified | Vientiane to Mumbai via Bangkok. We (2 travellers) only chose this airline for the baggage allowance, in spite of its long layover time. Their web site says 10 kgs extra as flyer bonus, but the ground staff insisted it was 5 kgs only - the information on their web site is misleading.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteVientiane to Mumbai via Bangkok

"I’d recommend them"

Trip Verified | Phnom Penh to Bangkok. Nice check in, dedicated counter. Lovely lounge with comfortable chairs and good food. Boarding was good. Then we sat. And sat. And sat. At least an hour, waiting for approval to take off took a long time. FA were fine, not overly pro-active but pleasant, there was only three of us in business. The food, choice of two, was awful, Awful, poor quality hot meal, what a shame. Three course yuk, even dessert was dreadful, We parked in an outer area and had a mini bus take the three of us to arrivals. We had been given an express pass so immigration was quick and our bags were off early. We were out of the airport in 20 minutes, I’d recommend them but I think I’d go economy next time.
RoutePhnom Penh to Bangkok
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"Cabin service excellent"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Flew to Bangkok Suvarnbhumi to make shortish international connection. Fly this route very often. This time things did not work out so well. Flight took off 20 minutes late. No announcement or apology offered by cockpit crew. (Already I am starting to get nervous.) Shortly before landing in Bangkok cockpit announces that due to congestion we will circle the airport for a while, (My nervousness increases.) On landing luggage takes 40 minutes to arrive. To make it in time to my international connection I have to run to get through security (frequently long lines) and immigration (always long lines). Breathless, but I make it. Next time maybe I will take an earlier flight. Cabin service excellent. I ordered an optional meal - the Asian vegetarian - which was delicious. And, of course, the very convenient and friendly lounges, with snackies, popcorn, beverages (including a cappuccino machine) open to all passengers.
RouteChiang Mai to Bangkok