Best Cabin Crew

Bangkok Airways

"cancelled with no explanation"

Checked in on line with no problem. Get to the airport with plenty of time to spare to find the flight has been cancelled with no explanation as to why. Put on a Thai Airways later flight making our transfer in Bangkok too tight to be comfortable. We made it with minutes to spare with extra assistance from Bangkok ground staff. This made what should have been two simple flights with ample time in between very stressful and tiring. Staff at Luang Prabang were very helpful and did their best but I wouldn't book Bangkok Airways again.
RouteLPQ to BKK
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"each flight was delayed"

I wouldn't recommend this airline. We used them for 3 domestic flights from Bangkok to Koh Samui during our stay in Thailand as we only had 2 weeks so wanted to make the most of it. Each flight we had (6 in total as return flights) was delayed. Every single flight. Maximum of 2 hours, when you are on a short time scale that makes a huge difference. Food was awful. Staff were pleasant, not their fault.
RouteBKK to USM

"hard working staff"

(Hong Kong)

Male to Bangkok with Bangkok Airways, the flight was slightly late. Seats hard, overhead tvs. What makes this airline is the hard working staff who do drinks and food runs constantly. No meal choice and fish was slightly spicy but I liked that. They are generous with the gin! Asked about 1 way upgrade, but the cost 400USD per person is ridiculous as all you get is bigger seat. Business class was quiet and not surprising at that price!
RouteMLE to BKK

"good service throughout"

(Hong Kong)

Bangkok to Male with Bangkok Airways, and good service throughout. Seats hard and tv screen from the ceiling, one movie shown. Very old fashioned and not much to do on a relatively long flight. Lots of water and drink runs throughout. Didn't bother with their free lounge at Bangkok as it's pretty basic.
RouteBKK to MLE

"we were very impressed"

(Spain)

Bangkok to Chiang Mai, and the first time we have flown with Bangkok Airways and we were very impressed. Check-in was fast and efficient and we really liked the Bangkok Airways lounge which is available to all passengers, a first for us from a low cost airline. The flight was on time, the aircraft clean and the leg room was amazingly generous (we are both tall and accustomed to being cramped and uncomfortable on flights with European low cost carriers, but not here). Cabin crew were pleasant and efficient. I didn't like the inflight snack very much (a kind of Thai take on a French bread pizza) but my husband had ordered a vegetarian meal and got a salad which was fine. Excellent service for the price.
RouteBKK to CNX

"fabulous little airline"

(Kazakhstan)

Bangkok Airways is a fabulous little airline. Our Phuket to Bangkok flight was delayed, but a lovely little lounge (online booking). Lots of legroom and unlimited tea and coffee, and snacks on this flight of a little over 1 hour. Good choices, served with a smile and a joy to fly with. Wish I could fly with Bangkok Airways more often.
RouteHKT to BKK
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"disappointed with my flight"

Disappointed with my recent Bangkok Airways flight from Phnom Penh to Samui via Bangkok. Old A319 planes that was very dirty. They should have newer and cleaner planes for the price that was paid. They think they don't have to care as much because they are the only airline to fly between BKK and USM. Seat and tray table full of marks and dirty. Uncomfortable and my seat was also broken. Checked baggage also damaged somewhere between Phnom Penh and Koh Samui.
RoutePNH to USM via BKK
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"need to learn basic manners"

I found out myself 2.5 hours before our Bangkok Airways flight from Phuket to Utapao that it was cancelled. I promptly called their service line. I was then put on hold for 15 minutes while staff found out what was happening. I was then told we were going to be transferred to Bangkok instead and then take a bus to Pattaya. 1 hour later I received an email that the flight was cancelled (why that took so long who knows). I proceeded to Phuket airport and was told to go to their ticketing office. I stood there for 10 minutes before anyone even lifted their head. We were given 2 vouchers of 500B to use (even though I had spent well over 2000B extra to get a flight to Utapao). But the absolute worse customer service started when we arrived in Bangkok. We wanted to know exactly where we were going in Pattaya but not one of their staff would answer me (they actually responded to me with contempt, or would say to wait and then not come back to us). Then they were saying we had to now go to Utapao airport from Bangkok airport, as they were adamant that this was on their records. There was not one time when anyone asked me if I wanted to be transferred to Pattaya or Utapao. It wasn't until we raised our voices that they allowed us onto the bus for Pattaya (meanwhile the whole time treating us like we were a problem). We then sat on that bus for another 20 minutes. It wasn't until we got back out of the bus and asked why we were still waiting that we were told our driver was in the toilet. 10 minutes later that driver came back from inside the airport with a coffee in his hand! I paid extra money to get a direct flight to UTP, but I was very understanding of the cancelled flight. Then we were treated like we caused the problem and that we were being unreasonable. Their staff have disgusting attitudes and need to learn basic manners yet alone how to respond to customer's queries. I then contacted Bangkok Airways after our trip, they took two months to respond to my complaint and offered nothing in compensation.
RouteHKT to UTP
Date FlownNovember 2015

"in for a pleasant surprise"

(Japan)

My first time flying with Bangkok Airways and I was in for a pleasant surprise. The service was really friendly and efficient. Good food was served on this short hop from Bangkok to Vientiane. All requests were attended to promptly and with a smile. Overall, a very good experience.
RouteBKK to VTE
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"aircraft was fairly old"

Mumbai to Siem Reap via Bangkok, and having previously flown with Bangkok Airways I was disappointed with the flights this time. The aircraft was fairly old and showed it's age. The FAs were friendly and functional. The seats were cramped with reduced leg room. One good thing is they seated transit passengers in the front of the plane to enable them to go through transit fast at Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok. The catering was OK, washrooms clean. I understand planes age but a little cosmetic upgrade or maintenance improves their appearance and enhances the comfort. All the flights were on time.
RouteBOM to RGN via BKK