Vote Now

Bangkok Airways

"staff was gracious and helpful"

Unverified | Mumbai to Phuket via Bangkok. A very comfortable flight from Mumbai to Bangkok. The seats were quite comfortable and had enough legroom. The food was good and sufficient for the late night departure. The connecting flight from Bangkok to Phuket was also quite good and no complaints. The cabin staff was gracious and helpful. There is no inflight entertainment. The only issues were on arrival in Bangkok for the transit flight, the attendant directed me to the transfer desk for immigration without informing that the visa on arrival needs to be stamped at another counter before proceeding to immigration. So had to make the long trek to the transfer deck from the gate learn that the visa on arrival needs to be done at another place which was again a fair distance away and then make the trek back to the transfer and security. I managed to just reach the gate in time for boarding my connection to Phuket. Also if you have international connections on Bangkok Airways, your baggage comes at International Arrivals in Phuket and not domestic. Just something to keep in mind if you are arranging pick-up.
RouteMumbai to Phuket via Bangkok

"very pleasant experience"

(Denmark)

Verified Review | Bangkok to Mandalay. Flying with Bangkok Airways was a very pleasant experience. The food was good and the staff was swift, efficient and polite. The aircraft was in NIKI Airways livery. It felt a bit strange entering an aircraft from a small, European budget airline.
RouteBangkok to Mandalay
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"still have not gotten a response

Verified Review | On Feb. 15, 2017 we checked in online for our Bangkok Airways flight 906 from Siem Reap to Bangkok on Feb. 16. We were at the airport 2 hours prior to departure and checked in smoothly. We went through immigration and were waiting in line at security when the Agent that checked us in came running up to us and pulled us out of line. She said she had been informed by the company that our boarding passes needed a special stamp. At this point everyone in line was staring at us. She took our boarding passes and stamped them both then said we could get back in line. When I looked at my boarding pass it was stamped "Accepted No Meal." This was sold as a meal flight and I had no idea why they would do this. On Feb. 17, I sent an e mail to Bangkok Airways asking why we had been denied a meal with no explanation. It is now March 10 and I still have not gotten a response.
RouteSiem Reap to Bangkok
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"among the better economy flights"

(Vietnam)

Verified Review | Bangkok to Mandalay on 6th March on a Bangkok Airways A320. Flight was full and on time. Everything worked smoothly. Free lounge in Bangkok for all passengers. Hot meals and drinks served, including those hot and those having a bit of booze. Staff efficient. Arrival cards distributed on-board. Among the better economy flights I have taken.
RouteBangkok to Mandalay
Date FlownMarch 2017

"was more than I expected"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | Our group of 12 was the first to check in for this short hop from Luang Prabang to Bangkok. Check-in was very smooth and was pleasantly surprised that we were allowed to have our luggage tagged all the way through to Manila even if we were holding a separate ticket for that leg. It saved us a lot of time and hassle to have to go through Immigration in Bangkok. We were invited to use their lounge which offered a comfortable environment with snacks and complimentary wi-fi. The flight departed on time and the level of cabin service was top notch considering the cramped environment in a turbo prop like the ATR72. The meal and beverage service was more than I expected. On time arrival in BKK and smooth luggage transfer to our connecting PAL flight to Manila. Congratulations on a well-run airline!
AircraftATR72
RouteLuang Prabang to Bangkok

Bangkok Airways customer review

Verified Review | Good flight with Bangkok Airways. The service was efficient and friendly and the food was really delicious. The flights departed on-time on both legs. The aircraft was clean and the seats were comfortable. The only thing that I would like to see improved is their inflight magazine. The content is superb and really interesting but they published their inflight magazine every two months. It would be much better if they did it monthly.
RouteBangkok to Vientiane

"Perfect, punctual flight"

(Vietnam)

Verified Review | Chiang Mai to Bangkok (domestic) on 1st March 2017, on A320. Perfect, punctual flight, check-in, care, and good catering on board. Special meal accommodated. Lounge access in CNX granted. No fantastic, but well-functioning with softdrinks, snacks and a very good wifi. Onboard they served proper lunch with steel cutlery of high quality. One gets almost a feeling of travelling business class. Staff adept, alert, professional and fast and serve passengers throughout the trip. Beers not offered onboard. Two faults would at check-in, neither label nor allow me to check-in luggage on next flights as they were on “another ticket. This has recently changed and is a deterioration. At arrival in Bangkok there was no airbridge to gate and an annoying bus-trip where 75% of passengers would have to stand-up for 15 Minutes zig-zag drive spoiled the trip a bit. Gentle luggage allowance and faultless, quick delivery on belt in arrival hall. On a positive note was that they allowed to make a big change on the return date of my ticket. They waived any change-fees as they had also changed their initial departure time though just a little bit.
RouteChiang Mai to Bangkok
Date FlownMarch 2017

"trip turned out fabulous"

(Vietnam)

Verified Review | Flew Mandalay to Chiang Mai on 25th Feb 2017 on ATR72. The trip turned out fabulous, despite on modest aircraft due to museum retirement. Bangkok Airways staff give a boost to the remote airport in Mandalay. Check-in professional and smooth though opened late (only 2 hours prior to departure). You are encouraged and trapped into On-line check-in. However, as many times before, it is not possible but only to be told this upon all enterings are submitted - what a waste of time. Security and immigration takes seconds as typically for small airports. Lounge in Mandalay is an attractive, fantastic clever arrangement: Bangkok Airways rent themselves into a smart big cafe-shop in the airport where only a la carte and alcoholic drinks will have to be paid for. Lousy WiFi (as normal in Myanmar). Buffet and softdrinks (incl. hotdrinks) are free, otherwise prices are hefty. Service onboard top-notch and special meal and loads of drinks continuously provided from 3 Minutes after take-off till 7 Minutes prior to touch down. Toilets clean, staff proactive. Drinks included 2 wines (poor quality) and 1 Thai beer, but the flow was smooth. Special meal provided without hassle and of OK quality. I had pre-ordered seafood and got a full tray including three crab-meat sandwiches, very tasty. This is on the cheapest economy ticket available, but one gets a feeling of business class, considered circumstances and rare routing. Buss-gate in Mandalay due to remote parking of the ATR72. Flight loaded with 33 passengers, less than half of capacity. Landed 30 Minutes ahead of schedule. Deserves ideally 10 marks out of 10 but I deduct 2 for the three issues of old aircraft, online check-in failure and bus gating.
AircraftATR72
RouteMandalay to Chiang Mai
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"FA extremely fast and effective"

(Vietnam)

Verified Review | Flew Bangkok to Chiang Mai (domestic) and Chiang Mai to Mandalay (international) on 2nd and 4th February 2017, on A320 and ATR72, respectively. Faults: first flight was delayed almost an hour. 2nd flight was downgraded to from an A320 to an ATR72 aircraft. No IFE. Bus-gated in CNX to the remote aircraft. Wasted time on online check in, upon entering of all data, the system eventually deny issuing the BP which “shall be issued in airport upon presenting all travel relevant documents”. Apart from these five (minor) gaps/faults the rest was perfect and nice experience. I used their free lounges in BKK and CNX was a really nice touch, almost like “real” lounges. Full meals on both flights. Ordered seafood special meal which was delivered to my seat upon verification. Was hungry and managed to get the standard meal as well as there were some in excess. FA extremely fast and effective on board and both flights were almost full. Luggage and check-in handled professionally and perfect. They have a smoothless luggage cooperation with Malaysia Airlines which was a big advantage to me when arriving to Bangkok (from Kuala Lumpur) and still did not have to touch my luggage as it was transferred further on the domestic leg. Custom of suitcase was relayed to CNX – and of course 2 days later in Mandalay when arriving there. The International flight was smooth and enjoyable. They served passengers throughout the flight, hot food, snacks, drinks (incl. red, white, beer), coffee, tea, wet towels. Wines of poorer quality. Inflight magazines available. FAs were quick, knowledgeable, linguistic, and kind. Call button answered within seconds. Agreed, not always the cheapest airline and at times monopolising certain routes. However, the feeling you get flying with them in economy is similar to premium economy level. Will fly again.
AircraftA320, ATR72
RouteBKK to MDL via CNX
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"extremely helpful and friendly"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Trat to Bangkok. I'm extremely grateful to the Bangkok Airways staff at Trat Airport. I checked in online, and was late for my flight. I was about an hour away from departure time, and I was still on the ferry from the island to the airport. I called the airport and told them that I might be late for my flight, any solutions? Instead, when I arrived at the airport after flooring it on my car, they had already printed my boarding pass. Wow. After that, it was a Bangkok Airways 4-star quality full flight. Having previously ordered a seafood meal, it was a salad, with a coleslaw as a side! However, one issue the airline should tackle is the hard landings. I have taken 10 flights and all flights on the ATR had hard landings but 2 A320 flights were soft landings. All the staff are extremely helpful and friendly. I'm still a loyal flyerbonus member, and will continue to use Bangkok Airways in the future.
AircraftATR72-600