Bangkok Airways

"Great little airline"

Verified Review | Flew Phuket to Ko Samui with Bangkok Airways. Great little airline! We flew with only about 6 other people on our little propellor plane and the plane was very smooth! Smoother than most other propellor planes I've been on. We were also served a great meal without having to purchase it! It was included in the price.
RoutePhuket to Ko Samui
Date FlownAugust 2017

"all passengers was squeezed next to each other"

Verified Review | Flew Bangkok to Phuket. I fly around 300.000 miles a year and I have now had 2 flights with Bangkok Airways. The service is friendly and the airplane was in good condition. There was no delay during the last 3 flights. Complaints: during online check-in the airline blocked almost all seat-selections and gave you a choice of a max of 4 selections. I can't tolerate such issues, especially when the aircraft is 25-35% booked or less (all 3 flights). Also the ground personal would not change my seat to my desired selection with the explanation that it was not possible because we need to balance out the aircraft! There were multiple empty rows and all passengers was squeezed next to each other!
RouteBangkok to Phuket
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"staff relaxed and very friendly"

Verified Review | As usual Bangkok Airways never disappoints. The fare is very affordable, checking in a luggage is free, the lounge is free food and WiFi. The airplane looks very clean and sharp, the staff are all smiles, relaxed and very friendly. This is my favorite airline in south asia. I love it.
RouteChiang Mai to Bangkok
Date FlownDecember 2016

"aircraft interior was starting to show its age"

Verified Review | Chiang Mai to Bangkok, flight PG228 onboard an older Airbus A319. Flight was slightly delayed due to the late incoming aircraft. The lounge at Chiang Mai airport was fairly basic (sandwiches, juices, and a popcorn machine!) but definitely set the airline aside from its competitors. The aircraft interior was starting to show its age, seats were wide and spacious yet the appearance was subpar even to low cost carriers such as AirAsia. Flight was approximately at 90% capacity with some empty middle seats. Cabin crew were professional and enthusiastic from boarding to disembarking. A full meal was distributed yet left a lot to be desired. Metal cutlery was provided, definitely a nice touch as some other full service carriers don't provide them. Touched down in Bangkok 5 minutes later than scheduled and ferried by bus back to the terminal. Bags were a little slower to arrive due to the far proximity of the area from where the aircraft was parked upon arrival. Overall, for the price I paid for this flight (40USD), I had an enjoyable experience and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.
AircraftA319-100
RouteChiang Mai to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi
Date FlownAugust 2017

"I enjoyed the experience"

Verified Review | My first flight with Bangkok Airways and I enjoyed the experience. Check in at both Bangkok and Siem Reap went smoothly. Boarding by bus also went without a hitch. Love the prop aircraft since all the seats have a view as the wing is not in the way. Service onboard was good. They provided a meal and you can pre-arrange a special meal if required. Leg room was good and I am a tall person. Would certainly fly with them again. The flight back was no different. Would recommend Bangkok Airways over Air Asia any day.
AircraftATR 72-600
RouteBangkok to Siem Reap
Date FlownJuly 2017

"The plane was well kept"

Verified Review | I enjoyed my flight with Bangkok Airways flying from Koh Samui to Bangkok. The staff were very friendly and the plane left on time. Check in was easy. There was even free snacks available before we boarded the plane. The meal they served was not very large, but OK for a short flight. The plane was well kept. No IFE, but given the length of the flight it didn't matter.
RouteKoh Samui to Bangkok
Date FlownMay 2017

"sit around at the airport"

Verified Review | My partner and I were due to fly from Koh Samui to Bangkok in the afternoon at 15.20. We arrived at the airport in plenty of time and checked in our bags, we were waiting to board our flight only to have an announcement that for some technical reason the flight had been cancelled. I had to report to check in where there was no extra information forthcoming as to why exactly the flight was cancelled. We were then rescheduled for another flight 2 hours after our original departure time. There was the added confusion that we would board from GATE 2 on the new flight, which was then changed back to GATE 1 and the boarding time was delayed again with no reason given. There seemed to be no sense of urgency at all by the airline staff. We had to sit around at the airport for this time, we tried without success to see if we could leave some carry on luggage somewhere secure to save carrying it around to get an unhelpful response from the staff at premier lounge and the check-in desk. We did have an inflight meal while we were waiting so at least one of the staff was concerned, but considering the money we paid for the flights and not much choice of airline a poor service and the flight we came back on was the propeller aircraft. The stewards on this flight looked disinterested and not seeming to want to help passengers. My flight out was a very pleasant experience with a good lounge at Bangkok and very good cabin staff on this flight and the flight was on time.
AircraftATR
RouteKoh Samui to Bangkok
Date FlownJune 2017

"was a pleasant journey"

Verified Review | Chiang Mai to Mae Hong Son return with Bangkok Airways using their ATR Turboprop was a pleasant journey. Even though it was a short-flight (45 minutes), the cabin crew still served the passengers with inflight meal. On-going flight was cancelled due technical issue with their airplane. But, the ground staff were helping us quickly by transferring us to the nearest hotel, rebook our return flight without cost, and gave some compensation according to the Thai passenger right. The price seems OK with its product and service. They provided also a free entry to its lounge in both airports without cost for all economy passengers.
AircraftATR
RouteChiang Mai to Mae Hong Son
Date FlownMay 2017

"total let down experience "

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Total let down experience with Bangkok Airways from Da Nang to Bangkok. I do have Food allergies and is not something I asked for and who has food allergies know well what I mean. I did as usual practice when flying, informed the airline about my allergies, once on board the flight the crew came to ask for my name and if I was the passenger with the allergies which I confirmed. When she served me the food there was a label on top of the food container indicating my allergies (Soya, Rice, Banana, Sesame), when I removed the food cover guess what I found rice. It is just unbelievable how lightly they take food allergies or most likely they don’t care. I sent emails and not just 1 but more and nobody form Bangkok Airways even bothered to reply or just give me a call to apologize…
RouteDa Nang to Bangkok
Date FlownMay 2017

"booking system is the worst"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Their online booking system is the worst I know. Getting into it is difficult at times, it can be slow and difficult to use. They would not accept my international credit cards which means I have to telephone their office (easier said than done) to make or confirm the reservation. On the last occasion I went through five credit cards all of which are in limit and valid but the website would not accept them. When I contacted my credit card companies they told me that no attempt had been made to charge my cards. So for me, their online booking system does not work.
RoutePhnom Phen to Bangkok