Top 100 Airports

Arik Air

"will definitely exclude Arik Air"

(Ghana)

Verified Review | I've got my ticket from Accra to Banjul on July 19. When I got to the airport on the evening of July 20 to check in, the Arik office there told me that my flight had been cancelled. There was absolutely no notification ahead of time! They later changed my flight time to the same one two days later, which made me change my business plan including the hotel reservation and the pick-up from the Banjul airport that night. Next day I asked my agent to go to their office again and she told that they refused five passengers from Accra just because the aircraft from Lagos was too small to contain more passengers. But why did they sell more tickets than the seats? It caused me a lot of trouble! Last time (in May) when I took the flight from Arik between Accra and Dakar, it delayed more that 3 hours! I will definitely exclude Arik from my business flight choice in West Africa from now on.
RouteACC to BJL
Date FlownJuly 2016

"sat there for another 4 hrs"

By far one of the worst experiences I have had flying out of the country. They were supposed to take me from JFK to Lagos and then to Liberia, it almost seems impossible for them. After a 12 hours layover in New York, when it came time to board, they were late checking their passengers in and then when we got to gate we sat there for another 4 hrs before they told us to line up for boarding. We waited another hour and they proceed to tell us that the flight was going to be delayed for an hour, 45 mins later we were told they were having technical issues that could last for hours. If you ever going to west Africa, Arik Air is not the airline.
RouteJFK to ROB
Date FlownJuly 2016

"absolutely no communication"

(Senegal)

Verified Review | Flew Lagos to Dakar. I arrived at Lagos airport for my flight which was supposed to leave at 8.30pm but was delayed. The airline did not announce this delay, instead, I had to run around asking airport staff for information and thanks to a nice gentleman I finally found out the the plane was delayed 4 hours. 4 hours wait for a 3 hour flight. After waiting 4 hours the plane was further delayed an hour and once we boarded, we had to wait another hour and a half until it took off. All this time there was absolutely no communication from the airline, we were just expected to wait in ignorance. In the end I arrived in Dakar at 6am instead of 12am as scheduled. I will never recommend flying Arik Air.
RouteLOS to DKR

"shabby and unprofessional"

Our Arik Air flight from Lagos to London was originally supposed to depart at 12.55. After checking in, we we told that there would be a delay of about an hour. Just after about an hour and a few minutes, a lady came to update us telling us that there would be further delays and she didn't really know when we would be leaving. There was a lot of commotion and anger from the passengers at which she promised to do her best and while we waited we would be offered some refreshment (which never came!). About 30 mins later we were told we could board the plane. We were quite bemused as we all knew that they only boarded us that quickly to get out of the promise to give us refreshments as they should have. We all settled into our seats and sat there for another 1.5hrs with no explanations from anyone as to why there was still a delay. Passengers became agitated, angry and very upset. We eventually left Lagos at 4pm and got to London around 9pm. The treatment of passengers on the flight was shabby and unprofessional to say the least, and I will never recommend Ark to anyone.
RouteLOS to LHR
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"couldn't be more helpful"

Left on time for short flight of about 50 minutes from Lagos to Accra. Offered breakfast (egg, sausage and baked beans) with drinks. All nice. Had to shovel it down quickly due to the short flight time. Terminal staff let us down with my freight baggage. Couldn't be more helpful.
RouteLOS to ACC
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"forgot to load the meals"

Lagos to Abidjan with Arik Air. Bad, truly very bad. The plane was really dirty, I would say it had not been cleaned for days or weeks. Travelling in business class at dinner time I was told by the chief purser that he was sorry that catering forgot to load the meals and the drinks. And I was flying out from their hub! I travel all the time around Africa but this was really one of the worst services - or should I say no service.
RouteLagos to Abidjan
Date FlownNovember 2015

"things seem to be improving"

Arik Air flight from Lagos to London in economy class on A330. The inflight entertainment worked, although it is not dated. Seat was very comfortable, and the aircraft was nice and clean. Food was good but could have done with larger portions. I have flown with Arik in the past, and of late things seem to be improving.
RouteLagos to London
Date FlownSeptember 2015

(South Africa)

No entertainment. Always late and don't care about the passengers. Have not flown the for a while because of bad service experiences in the past. Then they changed their flight schedule and it suited better time wise so I tried them again. 4 flight and 2 were delayed. Will now miss connection due to them as as expected they won't care. Food is really bad and the planes are falling to pieces on the inside. The last 4 flight has had seats with hand written notes out of order and the neck rests are not there, it's open metal rails and they are at the emergency exits.
RouteJohannesburg to Lagos
Date FlownAugust 2015

Arik Air customer review

London to Lagos - most of the inflight entertainment was not working. Made the journey very boring. The food was too salty and again most of the inflight entertainment were not working. 5th July 2015 my return journey back to London with Arik Air, the flight was delayed. Our flight was meant to depart Lagos at 12pm only to be told at 12:33 that the plane was been re-refuelled. After blankets were handed out, we were expecting the headsets to be handed out. Only to be told, due to a technical glitch, there would be no in-flight entertainment at all. The plane was also very dirty. Unbelievable in this time and age. I also noticed that their food portion is getting smaller.
RouteLagos to London Heathrow
Date FlownJuly 2015

(Ghana)

W3 720 from Lagos to Abuja on 21 May 2015. W3 308 from Abuja to Accra on 21 May 2015. I am a regular ARIK passenger but have become frustrated beyond measure by the pathetic timekeeping and consistent delays experience with this airline. This morning we suffered an hour delay flying from Lagos to Abuja and tonight the Abuja to Accra flight is delayed by 2 hours thus far. Can the management of the airline not understand that people who fly are generally business people who need to be efficient and on time. Memorized standard apologies for inconvenience caused made by totally uninterested staff and flight commanders is not sufficient to cover the poor performance and failure to deliver.