American Eagle

Review by (United States)

Unbelievably high quality experience from this carrier. Boarded promptly, crew very helpful in terms of getting carry on bags stowed into very small overhead bins. Can't remember the last time a flight attendant actually helped get a bag stowed instead of being critical of my efforts. Five stars to the flight attendant in first class. Flight left a few minutes early, arrived fifteen minutes early. Had a truly excellent lunch, would have been pleased to pay for it. Couldn't remember the last time that happened on a US carrier. Hope that this signals a new era at American Eagle.
AircraftEmbraer 75
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteORD to EWR
Date FlownAugust 2015

Review by (United Kingdom)

Flew from ORD to SDF First Class, great flight quite a new aircraft too. Service was excellent and the first class seating is comfortable in a 1x2 configuration. The hour long flight departed on time with pre flight cocktails with additional cocktails and snacks offered once airborne. Crew were professional and attentive throughout the flight.
AircraftEmbraer ERJ-175
RouteChicago O'Hare to Louisville

Review by (United Kingdom)

Excellent flight with great service provided by the cabin crew. Drinks served prior to take off, and during the flight too. The new larger aircraft on this route make a difference too for a much improved flight experience. On time departure and arrival too, which allowed a better connection for my transatlantic flight to London.
AircraftEmbraer ERJ-175
RouteLouisville to Chicago O'Hare
Date FlownJuly 2015

Review by (United Kingdom)

9/6/15, GRR-ORD, CRJ-700, First Class, seat 1A. Booked with BA Avios Points. Short flight to get to Chicago to connect to BA flight home. Welcomed onboard and offered a Pre Departure Drink. Seat was comfortable with plenty of Room. Crew were great and offered a drink and a snack on this short 30 min flight.
AircraftCRJ-700
RouteGRR-ORD

Review by (United States)

Terrible experience all around. Flight delayed three hours, no place to hang my dress uniform and generally terrible/confrontational service. If these people spent half the time they do berating customers actually doing their jobs correctly maybe they wouldn't have such a terrible track record with customer service. If I have a choice next time I won't fly with them, I don't even care if it costs more.
RouteManhattan KS to Little Rock AR via DFW

Review by (United States)

I flew from Chicago ORD airport to Houston IAH on Monday May 25th. The flight left on time and arrived to Houston early. The flight was good because there aren't many seats onboard this plane so check in and leaving is much quicker than on normal flights.

Review by (United States)

Without fail the American Eagle connection between DFW to Tyler or the Houston connection to Tyler is always a 3-4 hour layover. This time 30th March was the worst - went from gate B-1 to B-15 for connection and 30 minutes later I was told it was now gate 36. Caught a tram for that but after 30 minutes felt something was wrong checked monitor and found out it was back at Gate 18? Then could tell there was some confusion from those running the desk. There was a co-pilot but no pilot and flight attendant. Finally they showed up and starting boarding late then sat for a while because of some paper work problem which must have been the pilot. Then sat for a while longer. We finally took off but this is always the case catching these connections to Tyler every time. From now on I'll be driving from Dallas or Houston.

Review by (United States)

Flew from Greensboro NC to DFW. Flight was supposed to leave around 6 pm on 9/28. After waiting until after 8 we were told the lav was not working and we would be given vouchers and fly out at 7.30 the next morning. We were not helped to find transportation to our hotel although it was late on a Sunday evening and the airport was closing down. We finally got to our hotel at 9.45. Left the next morning at 6 but didn't take off until 8.30 - were told the bathroom issues were still not fixed and we would have to land in Memphis for people who needed a bathroom break. We were forced to deplane take all our luggage off then told there were hydraulic problems. We finally left Memphis after 1 and landed at DFW after 3. The people in Greensboro were not helpful nor did we ever feel that we were given accurate information about what was going on. A miserable experience.
Seat Comfort N/A
Value For Money N/A

Review by (United States)

For the past two years I've been flying American Eagle several times a month between St. Louis and Washington DC (DCA) and the service has steadily declined in quality and reliability. At least half of the flights are late (some several hours) and a number have been cancelled (including several evening flights requiring an overnight stay at my expense). I've tolerated this mediocre service because of convenience (and a distaste for Southwest) but yesterday upon landing at DCA the new gate arrangement has pushed me to Southwest. Now instead of boarding/deplaning at a terminal gate the aircraft parks away from the terminal and passengers are transported to the terminal - a process that takes 20-30 minute (not to mention the hassle of standing outside the aircraft on the tarmac waiting for carry-on luggage). I have also heard flight attendants and gate agents confirm the poor operations of this carrier. Fly with American Eagle at your risk.

Review by (United States)

Was flying from Flint to Tulsa through Chicago on American Eagle. Arrived well within the check in window but the airport ticket agents were short staffed the guy who was supposed to be at the American Eagle desk was servicing United Airlines. He informed me he could help me when he was done which was 30 min after my plane took off. He blamed me for being to the counter late and when processing my new flight changed my final destination to Tuscon instead of Tulsa. Luckily I caught it before being stranded in Chicago and my bags in Tuscon. There were no additional flights that day so its back home and try again tomorrow. I will give Flint a second try but not American Eagle.
Seat Comfort N/A