American Eagle

"cramped into the shuttle bus"

Verified Review | After the 50 passengers were cramped into the shuttle bus, we were told the pilot requested mechanics to deal with a technical issue and we would have to wait a "couple of minutes". 10 min later, with doors closed it was hard to breath. The driver cranked the AC to full blast and opened the doors and now we were freezing. After 30 min standing in a cold, packed bus, we were told we would go back to the terminal. Another 10 min later the issue was solved by an off duty mechanic, and we were lucky to be on our way. In short, it was disrespectful, and a health hazard experience.
AircraftERJ 145
RouteWashington DC to Toronto, Canada
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Generally unfriendly service"

Verified Review | This was a top to bottom terrible experience with American Eagle. I usually fly Delta and now know why. This flight was booked for me for business. Generally unfriendly service especially by gate staff that either seem inexperienced or poorly trained. 1 to 1.5 hour delays on O'Hare-Wichita both ways, with a 20 min wait on tarmac at O'Hare from CVG due to no boarding tunnel driver. 3 gate changes at O'Hare within 45 min. Late arrival, arrived at hotel after mignight for AM talk. Coming home, was reassured connection would be no problem, then progressive delays and missed connection. Was told by attendant there would be customer service agent to rebook and arrange hotel, but there was none. Gate staff was grumpy and blithely said no hotel because was weather delay, then I asked her to confirm, she reluctantly called and confirmed it was mechanical. Took 15 min to get hotel voucher 30 min away and told could call for shuttle, called hotel and they said no shuttle and airline "always does that". Returned to gate and another 15 for cab voucher, still had to cover tip. Hotel at midnight, rebooked for 8am flight. Meal voucher $7 did not cover meal at airport. Flight itself was average enough, arrived safely. Given option, would not travel on American again.
RouteWichita to Cincinnati via Chicago
Date FlownNovember 2017

"I couldn't pick a seat"

Verified Review | Albany to Chicago. This plane is clean and attendants pleasant. But I'm upset with the fact I couldn't pick a seat and I am assigned the last seat 18 that does recline. I have a health issues where I would have never chosen this seat. This plane is small and cramped. For where I'm destined I could have picked my usual airline but was suggested by the IT company that is flying me out to pick this one or another airline. I am sadly disappointed. If I can avoid this airline in the future I will. Seat comfort is zero. The lower part of the back indents in so I am hunched forward in this seat that can't recline.
AircraftCRJ 700
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteAlbany to Chicago
Date FlownOctober 2017

"hated their jobs and were lazy"

Verified Review | Monroe to Dallas Ft Worth. I have never in my adult life had the flight attendants be so lazy. They were nice, but when it was time for beverages, they not only left out the part where they tell you what they have, by they requested that everyone keep their order to one drink per person (it came off rude). Then the gal walked through with a box holing the snacks and just put it in front of each passanger to get their own snack and then they came through with the drink cart, once my snack was already almost gone. And then why I was surprised, but they came over the speaker to tell everybody to put their shades down, before we landed, so the plane wouldn't get hot. Never have I ever felt like the flight attendants hated their jobs and were lazy.
RouteMonroe to Dallas Ft Worth
Date FlownOctober 2017

"they allowed overbooking"

Verified Review | Chicago to Toronto, they allowed overbooking - resulted in finding volunteers in current flight to move to next flight and resulted in delaying. I was very surprised by the fact that they allowed overbooking, and they had to find 4 volunteers to move to the next flight. The crew member mentioned that the current flight will not be going anywhere until they find volunteers to move to the next flight. Is this a joke? It's a simple math that if the flight is full, they should not take any more customers, but it happened. Not only this delayed the departure time, they provided no compensation whatsoever for people who waited to meet their schedule; this is outrageous. They are ruthless when it comes to customers being late to board on the flight, and if it's other way around, they want our patience - very frustrating. Another problem was that the flight landed in Cleveland to fuel their gas. This was very upsetting because this implies that they did not fully fuel their gas to get to Toronto. I can't stop myself thinking that they can't do math. This delayed another 2 hours or so, and we finally landed to Toronto at 5:00 pm, instead of 2:31 pm. I have nothing more to say about this airplane other than it's stupid and lazy. Only good thing to talk about is that the flight crew lady on the plane was very nice and tried her best to keep us calm. She needs a raise for covering others' problems.
RouteChicago to Toronto
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"check their punctuality!"

Verified Review | Montreal to New York JFK. Please be aware before buying a ticket with this airline, check their punctuality!. This particular flight seems to be almost always delayed by close to 90 minutes. I found out through checking Flightstats that this flight (and apparently many more) in the last 12 consecutive days: - 9 of 12 days has been delayed for more than 90 minutes (up to 184 minutes) - 2 of 12 days was cancelled and only on ONE day out of 12 days actually arrrived at the scheduled time ETA. If your travel or work schedule depends on this, choose another connection. AA does not reemburse bought tickets for their proven inability to comply with ticketed departure and arrival times. I had to buy a second ticket to leave Montreal 3 hours earlier.
RouteMontreal to New York JFK
Date FlownAugust 2017

"Fairly standard flights"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Stewart-Newburgh to Toronto via Philadelphia. Fairly standard flights on American Eagle. The flight crew were OK (with one on PHL-YYZ being particularly friendly) and the Valet service for carry on bags works well. The wonderful thing for me was that these flights were on time (as I had tracked them for several weeks before flying and they were often late). The seats and legroom on these smaller aircraft is quite tight.
AircraftEmbraer 145 / E175
RouteStewart-Newburgh to Toronto via Philadelphia

"What a shambles"

Verified Review | We are from Australia and flew American Eagle for first time. Never again. We got on the plane in Charleston to fly to Miami after a 2 hour delay. Got to the runway and sat for 30 minutes with nobody telling us anything. Eventually pilot said the plane was too heavy and we needed to return to gate. As there was another plane already there we had to sit on the tarmac for another 20 mins. We eventually got back to the gate where they asked 8 passengers to volunteer to get off. 8 people volunteered and got off. 20 mins later they returned and they started taking fuel off the plane instead. What a shambles. Over 3 hrs late the plane took off. After complaining to American Eagle they offered us a $50 voucher valid for 12 months. I said we live in Australia it's no good to us as we won't be back here for a while. Take it our leave it they said. First time we have flown with American Eagle. Never again. They are a disaster.
RouteCharleston to Miami
Date FlownMay 2017

"Very disorganized and chaotic "

Verified Review | Toronto to Charlotte. Very disorganized and chaotic at the boarding gate in Toronto. Delayed 90 minutes deleting. Maintenance. No food or what're nearby (Gate A9). Nearest food/refreshment A19. On arrival 15 minute delay at arrival gate - no gate agent. Really? The inability to get the easy things causes me to question the company's ability to execute safely.
AircraftCanadair CL 65
RouteToronto to Charlotte

"unpleasant all around"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to San Francisco. I'm a platinum level member of American Airlines. I travel the SFO to LAX with return flight almost weekly. 2017 they made changes subbing out the short flights to American eagle. American eagle is already inconvenient due to the shuttle bus you have to take from the main terminals. Everything is slow and experience is unpleasant all around. So far this year 4 of 4 flights have had significant mechanical plane failures where I've been delayed up to three hours at a time. Unless AA changes these routes to normal planes in and out of terminal four at LAX they are going to lose a very valuable customer.
Cabin FlownFirst Class