American Eagle

Review by (United Kingdom) 12th June 2015

9/6/15, GRR-ORD, CRJ-700, First Class, seat 1A. Booked with BA Avios Points. Short flight to get to Chicago to connect to BA flight home. Welcomed onboard and offered a Pre Departure Drink. Seat was comfortable with plenty of Room. Crew were great and offered a drink and a snack on this short 30 min flight.
AircraftCRJ-700
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteGRR-ORD

Review by (United States) 12th June 2015

Terrible experience all around. Flight delayed three hours, no place to hang my dress uniform and generally terrible/confrontational service. If these people spent half the time they do berating customers actually doing their jobs correctly maybe they wouldn't have such a terrible track record with customer service. If I have a choice next time I won't fly with them, I don't even care if it costs more.
RouteManhattan KS to Little Rock AR via DFW

Review by (United States) 29th May 2015

I flew from Chicago ORD airport to Houston IAH on Monday May 25th. The flight left on time and arrived to Houston early. The flight was good because there aren't many seats onboard this plane so check in and leaving is much quicker than on normal flights.

Review by (United States) 6th April 2015

Without fail the American Eagle connection between DFW to Tyler or the Houston connection to Tyler is always a 3-4 hour layover. This time 30th March was the worst - went from gate B-1 to B-15 for connection and 30 minutes later I was told it was now gate 36. Caught a tram for that but after 30 minutes felt something was wrong checked monitor and found out it was back at Gate 18? Then could tell there was some confusion from those running the desk. There was a co-pilot but no pilot and flight attendant. Finally they showed up and starting boarding late then sat for a while because of some paper work problem which must have been the pilot. Then sat for a while longer. We finally took off but this is always the case catching these connections to Tyler every time. From now on I'll be driving from Dallas or Houston.

Review by (United States) 1st October 2014

Flew from Greensboro NC to DFW. Flight was supposed to leave around 6 pm on 9/28. After waiting until after 8 we were told the lav was not working and we would be given vouchers and fly out at 7.30 the next morning. We were not helped to find transportation to our hotel although it was late on a Sunday evening and the airport was closing down. We finally got to our hotel at 9.45. Left the next morning at 6 but didn't take off until 8.30 - were told the bathroom issues were still not fixed and we would have to land in Memphis for people who needed a bathroom break. We were forced to deplane take all our luggage off then told there were hydraulic problems. We finally left Memphis after 1 and landed at DFW after 3. The people in Greensboro were not helpful nor did we ever feel that we were given accurate information about what was going on. A miserable experience.
Seat Comfort N/A

Review by (United States) 11th August 2014

For the past two years I've been flying American Eagle several times a month between St. Louis and Washington DC (DCA) and the service has steadily declined in quality and reliability. At least half of the flights are late (some several hours) and a number have been cancelled (including several evening flights requiring an overnight stay at my expense). I've tolerated this mediocre service because of convenience (and a distaste for Southwest) but yesterday upon landing at DCA the new gate arrangement has pushed me to Southwest. Now instead of boarding/deplaning at a terminal gate the aircraft parks away from the terminal and passengers are transported to the terminal - a process that takes 20-30 minute (not to mention the hassle of standing outside the aircraft on the tarmac waiting for carry-on luggage). I have also heard flight attendants and gate agents confirm the poor operations of this carrier. Fly with American Eagle at your risk.

Review by (United States) 15th July 2014

Was flying from Flint to Tulsa through Chicago on American Eagle. Arrived well within the check in window but the airport ticket agents were short staffed the guy who was supposed to be at the American Eagle desk was servicing United Airlines. He informed me he could help me when he was done which was 30 min after my plane took off. He blamed me for being to the counter late and when processing my new flight changed my final destination to Tuscon instead of Tulsa. Luckily I caught it before being stranded in Chicago and my bags in Tuscon. There were no additional flights that day so its back home and try again tomorrow. I will give Flint a second try but not American Eagle.
Seat Comfort N/A

Review by (United States) 15th July 2014

Flight booked in Feb. for a vacation in July. We arrived early at airport and checked bags at 12.00 for a flight that was scheduled to board at 6.10 pm. Traveling with my 2 daughters. When we presented our boarding passing at 6.10 we were told the flight was overweight and we were selected to be removed. They did not ask if anyone on flight was willing to take a later flight. Just stated we were selected but not told how selection process works. Don't understand why they waited until we were ready to board. Had we been told 30 min earlier we could have caught another flight that day. They would not remove our luggage or anyone elses to make weight. We were put on a flight the next day and had a layover (purchased flight was direct) arrived at final destination a day late and very grumpy. Our luggage did make it a day earlier. Find it hard to believe that they cut it so close that the weight of 2 average people (1 of us could have gone) makes the difference on flight. I would not fly with them again.

Review by (United States) 25th June 2014

On June 20 2014 flew from Chicago O'Hare to Little Rock. Two hour delay because they had no flight attendant. Chicago ticket agents not friendly. On the return trip (June 23rd) no reason was given for the numerous delays of the original 4.55 pm flight. Around 5.30 we had a plane but it had mechanical problems. This went on for some time then the flight was cancelled. I booked another flight scheduled to leave around 10.15 pm but it was cancelled because the plane coming in wasn't going to get there on time. The ticket agent supervisor very unfriendly and showed no care at all of what we were going through. They did put passengers in hotels but I have family in the area. Next morning the 7.30 am flight delayed because we were told via loudspeaker by the ticket agent on duty that 'someone fell down on the job' and didn't book a crew for the right time. Crew came in about 8.45. When we landed in Chicago there was no jet bridge driver ready to let us off. Needless to say my last American Eagle flight.

Review by (United States) 5th June 2014

American Eagle is a poor choice of transportation and you should consider alternatives. I arrived at the airport from another flight and waited for 3 hours for my flight. Upon arriving at the airport I checked the boards to double-check that my flight would take off at the same gate as listed on my boarding pass. However when the time came my flight wasn't listed. Upon asking about the flight I was informed that they had changed gates (from B21 to B9 far from my location). However they did not announce any gate changes. I was informed that they don't announce gate changes unless it's less the change is made in the last two hours. Thus I waited 3 hours (with false information) and missed my flight. I had to stay the night in Dallas and fly standby the next morning. Why would an airline consider a policy of not announcing important gate changes?