Best Cabin Crew

American Eagle

"great legroom"

San Francisco to Los Angeles. On time and quick and efficient at check in and at the boarding gate. Great legroom because we somehow got put into the extra legroom seats. Comfy seat for the quick one hour flight down to LAX. I was shocked as an Australian there is no proper welcome when you step onboard the plane directing you to your seat. For takeoff and landing in Australia you must have the window shade up, but as we were coming in to land in LAX not one of the cabin crew came and asked to open the window shade. I could recline in economy during takeoff and landing.
AircraftEmbraer 175
RouteSFO to LAX

"flight a little rough"

Charlotte to Coastal Carolina Regional. The flight attendant was less than desired. We had quite a few older passengers on this flight and she couldn't help them up the steps, saying I can't leave the plane. We had passengers in row 3 or 4 get sick and she couldn't get up to help them saying the crew told her to stay seated. We had passengers getting up to use the bathroom and the only time the flight attendant got up was to find a ring on the floor of the cabin between rows 3 and 4. She never made an announcement she had found the ring or anything. No beverage service, flight a little rough at times but I've had service with rougher air.
AircraftDash-8
RouteCLT to EWN
Date FlownDecember 2015

"American Eagle should be ashamed"

We had booked a direct flight from Philadelphia, PA to Jacksonville, FL so we could spend time with our family for Thanksgiving. American Eagle diverted our flight to Washington, DC Reagan and we were made to use shuttle buses from Philadelphia to the terminal going to Reagan. The shuttle buses were dangerously overcrowded and disgusting. The plane a small 50 seat plane was completely filled. My wife and I are senior citizen and I am glad we took baby aspirin before our flight because they very tight seats caused our legs to throb. We met many individuals who complained bitterly about the seat space. Once at Reagan our connecting flight required shuttle buses to the terminal and these were overfilled. There was a mother standing with her infant trying to manage the child and stroller. There was my wife and I just trying to stand. I counted more then 70 people on a bus designed to safely carry 50. This plane held about 90 passengers and was filled to capacity. Carry ons had to be checked, because the overhead compartments were unable to accommodate the newly approved carry on luggage. The flight was a horror and took much longer then the direct flight we had booked. The plane was dirty and disgusting. For a Thanksgiving holiday American Eagle should be ashamed.
RoutePhiladelphia to Jacksonville
Date FlownNovember 2015

"runs a pretty good operation "

It is my impression that American Eagle runs a pretty good operation out of Chicago O'Hare. I must admit that although ORD was a complete mess due to a prior snowstorm, the American employees we dealt with did a great job helping us out. The flight down to Louisville from Chicago was fine, good service, arrived on time clean plane etc. The return flight to Chicago O'Hare was in the weather the entire one hour so no drinks etc. Crew did a good job. I have no complaints with this operation - using O'Hare though does tend to try ones patience - too many people. Next time I will try Nashville and drive north instead.
AircraftE175
RouteORD to SDF
Date FlownNovember 2015

"3 strikes and a bad review"

After being forced to purchase tickets via this airline for the third time I was again disappointed. 3 strikes and you get a bad review AA. First flight I had no assigned seating and flight delayed 2nd time I had my luggage missing for 24hours. Now this this 3rd time I have a delayed flight For a weekend trip that sets me back on my job and plans for my wife and I. I wish this airline would just go away, so something else could take its place. You get what you pay for here but it is not always the cheapest, so 2/10 value, Ground service - non existent in my case. Seat comfort is average for an average sized male. Cabin staff - considering how much they hate their job not bad.
RouteNYC to Memphis

"service was adequate"

The service was adequate, food (beef salad) was adequate. Equipment old and tired. Cabin crew friendly. However, there appears to be something jinxed about this flight. Second time in 18 months we have flown this route and both times significant delays. This time it was 90 minutes. The frustrating aspect was the number of gate changes; six of them (three of them in the last 60 minutes before departure), the same number as the last time.
RouteDFW to QRO
Date FlownOctober 2015

"I was pleasantly surprised"

This was my first time flying on American Eagle, and first time on a smaller ERJ175 jet. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice these planes fly. Seemed to be quieter than a Boeing 737 I am so used to flying on. It was also nice that there are only 2 seats across on both sides, and only 75 passengers. This makes embarking and disembarking much quicker. The full flight loaded in 15 minutes and left on time. Beware though, smaller plane means smaller overhead luggage bins, which means carry ons that fit easily in a 737 for example, might be a tight squeeze on this plane. I slept on the flight and missed service. There is no on board entertainment on these planes, just wifi which I did not connect to. I was in a main cabin extra seat, and honestly, I didnt notice the extra space. I am short so it really is not a factor. However, it was a benefit to be among group 1 boarding and towards the front of the plane.
AircraftERJ175
RouteORF to MIA
Date FlownOctober 2015

"planes were never on time"

I have flown with American Airlines / American Eagle 6 times within the past 6 months. Only one of these flights were on time, I experienced 2 cancellations and the other flights have all been delayed by 1+ hours, causing me to miss connection flights. Compensation for cancelled flights are ridiculous, either a partial refund, a flight the next day (with no complimentary hotel), or a flight to a nearby city (with no ground transportation to original city). American Eagle planes were never on time and their ground crew just don't care.
RouteNew York to Rochester via PHL
Date FlownOctober 2015

"was good value for money"

Short American Eagle flight from Washington Ronald Regan to Chicago O'Hare. It wasn't perfect, the boarding gates were "hidden" downstairs, we were transported to the bus via bus, which was waiting definitely too long. From the other hand the plane was small, so it surely wasn't priority. Crew was okay, non-alcoholic drinks were served. Comfort was acceptable. For the price I paid (70USD) it was good value for money.
AircraftEmbraer 175
RouteDCA to ORD
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"just goes from bad to worse"

It just goes from bad to worse with this airline. Check in for flight go to gate and assured flight is on time - shortly before flight is to leave announcement that pilot has not arrived! 10 minutes later with no announcement the flight is cancelled and mayhem ensures - cannot fault the ticketing people who did their best in a bad situation but initially suggested leave date would be 2 days from now. I have a flight to London tomorrow night after much polite conversation eventually get on a flight tomorrow lunchtime - American is not a great airline to fly with at present! Disappointed.
RouteBahamas to Miami