Air Mauritius

"expected better treatment"

Verified Review | London to Mauritius. In July 2017 myself, my wife and 2 children aged 1 and 3 travelled to Mauritius. As a regular kestrel Flyer, I expected better treatment and better service. They are very child unfriendly. When we landed, one of our luggage was missing. This is despite the flight was the flight was delayed by more than one hour. We landed on a Sunday, and had to attend a wedding the same night. My wedding clothes and that of my wife were in that luggage. I complained to the staff, they could not care less and said I was not entitled to anything and was sent away. No manager was available and later in turned out that the duty manager on the day was busy attending to the Prime Minister's wife in the State lounge and could not be bothered about paying passengers. I complained to their customer service, and the service I received was poor. I wrote to the CEO and their Chairman. No response at all from them. When we returned to the UK 2 weeks later, two Air Mauritius Staff were travelling. They were being given business class treatment when they were travelling in economy in front of paying customers. I spoke to the cabin crew about this, and they could not care less. What they offered me is 5000 travel points, 50 Euros, and to use their lounge when I travel next which is pathetic to what my family went through travelling with them.
Date FlownJuly 2017

"cabin crew was friendly "

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Paris to Mauritius. The food was good (chicken, fish and special meals). The entertainment on the plane wasn't good (little screen with 18 channels and you couldn't choose a movie). Another issue was the leg space, a problem when you are bigger than 180cms. The cabin crew was friendly and can speak at least 3 languages (French, English and a native language). When you have a question, they will try to help you with a smile.
RouteParis to Mauritius
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"not good value for money"

Verified Review | I travelled from London Heathrow to Mauritius. I was expecting comfort but things have not changed. Customer service at the check-in desk was nice and welcoming. Customer service within the flight was nice too. Negative - Seat was very uncomfortable (for an average guy of 6 feet). Leg space under the seat in front of you is awful. There was a black box next to my feet. Arm rest was painful, food below average. Cold tea / coffee served and I had to complain. Entertainment was poor. The new movies contained strictly old movies. Overall, people only travel with Air Mauritius because it’s a direct flight however I have to say that this service is not good value for money.
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"do things the old Mauritian way"

Verified Review | Mauritius to London Heathrow. Really good flight, Check in very quick and easy followed by swift Fast Track immigration. At 6'4" I always find the seats a bit difficult but was surprised that these Old Type seats were very comfortable in sitting mode and also sleep mode. Not Lie flat but fine as I managed 9 hours sleep. No dinner for me as the flights are evening 2200 departures and I do not wish to eat that late. Woke in time for breakfast which was OK. Looking forward to the A350 on this route soon. Entertainment very old and not worth bothering with, staff were very friendly but still do things the old Mauritian way.
AircraftA340-300
RouteMauritius to London
Date FlownAugust 2017

"I managed 9 hours sleep"

Verified Review | After a bad flight a few years ago I decided to fly again as they are the only non stop flights from Heathrow to Mauritius. Glad I did despite the old aircraft I managed 9 hours sleep and found the seats more comfortable than expected as they are not flat. Didn't have dinner but woke early for breakfast which was very good. The crew were friendly and smiled except for one. Looking forward to my return and looking forward to the new aircraft A350 at the end of this year. Only problem for me is the chaos at Heathrow boarding gates (gate 8) as Business Class passengers are unable to see the signs or even get through the chaotic crows! Maybe an announcment would be helpful or heaven forbid maybe one of the many managers standing doing nothing at the gate could assist?
Date FlownAugust 2017

"worst flight experience"

Verified Review | Singapore to Mauritius. The worst flight experience. We should have flown on a Budget airline to Mauritius for a better experience! There was an hour delayed departure out from Singapore and the aircon in the plane was not working.  After take off, my husband's entertainment system was not working and we press the call bell and no one attend to us. I have to walk to the galley to inform crew about my husband's entertainment system not working.  After informing about the unserviceable system and I doubt he did anything because they were more concerned about meal service.  Finally we get hold of another Stewardess and inform her and she said she will do it later as she was occupied.  When we receive our tray, I informed the 3rd crew again about the entertainment system and she said she will reset again and doubt that it will work. She offered a seat change but we paid for the exit row (USD50 each) to enjoy the extra legroom instead of having to move to another seat behind and be separated. There were many announcement throughout the flight duration.  First meal service was rushed and after that lights switched off within 2 hours. Our holiday mood to Mauritius was dampened by the experience with Air Mauritius.
AircraftA330-200
RouteSingapore to Mauritius
Date FlownJune 2017

"provided an excellent service"

Verified Review | Paris to Mauritius on May 1st. Had a great experience, flight boarded and left on time. The staff were very pleasant, friendly and extremely helpful. The food on board was good and the flight attendant came around several time for beverage. The one negative comment I would have to say is the individual screen have seen better days. I understand it's an older aircraft, but something has to be done about those screen. overall Air Mauritius provided an excellent service and have impressed us. Good job
RouteParis to Mauritius
Date FlownMay 2017

"lack of service and unfriendly staff"

(South Africa)

Verified Review | We travelled with Air Mauritius two days ago for our honeymoon from Cape Town. We were bitterly disappointed in the lack of service and unfriendly staff. We waited 2 hours before being served a drink and ended up getting our meal at the same time. The entertainment system did not work for half the flight. When we asked for some water, we were forgotten and we had to get up and ask again, even after ringing the bell to alert them. To top it off one of the air hostesses rolled her eyes at us on three separate occasions: when she had to give way to us in the passage, when we asked her to remove the empty cups and when my husband needed the bathroom before landing. Not a great start to our honeymoon! Very disappointing! We are due to fly back on the 20th April, let's hope we are better received this time.
RouteCape Town to Mauritius
Date FlownApril 2017

"don't expect any smile"

(Réunion)

Verified Review | A319 from Cape Town to Mauritius and ATR72 between Mauritius and Réunion. The staff was not friendly. They serve the meal without watching you, don't expect any smile. The food was poor. The A319 looks old inside, no modern entertainment like personal screen. On the ATR its the same, but flights are short so it's not a problem. The real good thing with Air Mauritius, is the number of lines from Mauritius. And prices are correct. I know the company is going to change some aircraft soon. A good thing for sure. Let's hope that will bring back smile on crew's faces too.
RouteCape Town to Mauritius
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"also gave us an upgrade"

Verified Review | We were traveling to Mauritius for my sons wedding. It started off a nightmare leaving Melbourne on a Qantas flight - we had so much terrible boarding the plane, as there was a mistake made with my name on my tickets (different from my passport). After a few hours of stress trying to resolve the situation, and the stress of not knowing whether I could board the plane, it was resolved.. In Melbourne they said I would have problems in Perth when I board Air Mauritius. At Perth we went to the Air Mauritius counter fearing the worst. It was not the case. A beautiful lady there helped us. She made us feel at ease right from the start, even had a little joke with us, and she fixed the problem straight away with no drama. She also gave us an upgrade - we were blown away! Thank you Air Mauritius.
RoutePerth to Mauritius