Air Mauritius

Review by (Indonesia) 29th July 2015

Singapore to Mauritius. The crew were sleeping with covers on their head at the back of the plane which were far from a warm welcome I was expecting. However crew were helpful and fairly good for inflight service. Return leg did not meet my expectation - Air Mauritius delayed for 2.5 hours and was not helpful to change my connecting flight KL-Singapore. The ground staff in Mauritius was very poor in service for check in - took over 45 mins only for me.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteMauritius to SIN via Kuala Lumpur

Review by (Australia) 12th July 2015

We were pleasantly surprised by the service and overall comfort of the trip. The cabin staff were professional and friendly and the food and beverages top class. The accommodation arranged for us by Air Mauritius at the Airport Holliday Inn was top class. Thank you and well done, looking forward to our next trip on Air Mauritius later this year.
AircraftA319 / A330-200
RouteCape Town to Perth via Mauritius

Review by (South Africa) 8th May 2015

My wife and I booked business class from Cape Town via Mauritius to Paris (return). The 5.5 hour flight from Cape Town to Mauritius was essentially in economy seats with an arm rest in between the seats with a partial recline. The 12 hour flight from Mauritius to Paris in a A340 was in a reclining seat except that it is not flat so you end up sliding down the seat with your feet getting squashed against the seat in front of you. The airline assured us that this leg of our journey had flat beds which is certainly not the case. The inflight entertainment is a non entity and probably the worst we have experienced.

Review by (United Kingdom) 4th May 2015

LHR-MUR return as experienced business travellers there are certain things we expect. We were originally flying BA until they changed the schedule meaning a loss of a days holiday unacceptable when you only have 7 so we changed to Air Mauritius which to be frank I was dreading! Check in fast and efficient fast track through customs as you would expect. As a small airline the lounge is shared with other airlines. A real let down next to no food choice wine etc ok Emirates it wasn't. Once on the plane business seemed reasonably comfortable until you try to sleep the seat doesn't lie flat but sloping to the floor. I'm 5ft 9 and my feet were rammed into the seat in front I didn't sleep a wink all night. Having said that food reasonable wine flowed nicely we couldn't get our TV to work my husband slept most of the way I had a very long night. Return ok lounge very nice food less appealing on the flight home very weird combinations we had 2 full dinners and afternoon tea halfway through. Got the TV to work this time but film selection rubbish.

Review by (Australia) 1st May 2015

Flew Cape Town - Mauritius - Perth Business class. The flight from CPT to MRU (A319) is more Premium Economy than business with extra legroom economy class seats (3) with the middle seat blocked. There is no individual IFE on this flight. MRU - Perth (A330) full business with slight inclining beds. Service was good and the food lovely and plentiful with matching wines. Business lounge at MRU airport very good. Would fly again.

Review by (France) 4th March 2015

A pleasant surprise on this MUR-TNR flight in a 340. Comfortable seats (for a 2 hours flight but in no way a lie flat) nice staff proper food and wine. Much better than my previous flight NAI-MUR where I paid business fare to be seated on a coach seat (and the crew told me it has not changed): this is why I would not recommend this airline.

Review by (Australia) 30th January 2015

The staff on the AM plane's do no more than the bare minimum service wise how many times does a customer have to ask for a glass of water? When you get the water its in a plastic cup and its warm! Their own pre flight customer care video states that consuming water is suggested for all flights! If only you could get it. Then there was the seating smelly old uncomfortable and zero leg room. I am 175cm tall and I was looking for space! We flew overnight leaving at 22.00 and the lights in the cabin were off for all of 3hrs in a 8hr flight! What also annoyed us was excessive the use of the PA! They love it everyone has a go the captain the assistant the FA captain and assistant and the toilet cleaner. Give it a rest no one listens to the announcements especially when we are trying to sleep!

Review by (United Kingdom) 14th January 2015

The seats were narrow and leg room poor. A good point was the seating layout 2x4x2. The staff were polite and reasonably helpful. The inflight entertainment was poor and difficult to get to work. The worst thing was the food on the flight from Heathrow to Mauritius the food was just about acceptable. Coming back was dreadful. The dinner we left most of it and the breakfast was so dreadful that neither of us ate it. We have flown with many different Airlines none have been as bad as that.

Review by (United Kingdom) 6th May 2014

Flew from LHR-Mauritius-Perth return with my husband myself and 22 month old son. We weren't looking forward to the flights especially as our son didn't have a seat so was sitting on our laps but all 4 flights were fantastic. We were very lucky that on the 3 of the flights the plane was empty and both ground staff and cabin crew made sure we had a row of four seats so loads of room for a little one to stretch out. I thought the seats were comfortable enough far more leg more than on our flight with Qantas whilst in Australia. The cabin crew were very friendly polite and helpful. They weren't snotty about us walking our son up and down the aisle which we have experienced with other airlines Qantas being one of them. The bar seemed to be open for the entire flight which unfortunately we couldn't take advantage of being responsible parents and the food was nice. I would recommend Air Mauritius their customer service was excellent which helped travelling with a child a very unstressful and relaxing experience.

Review by (Canada) 4th May 2014

LHR-MRU April 13: Tight seats and small IFE screens but overall an adequate level of service. Friendly flight crew. Food unspectacular but okay. MRU-CDG April 21: Same tight seats but bigger screens for IFE. Everything else the same as outbound flight.