Vote Now

Air Canada rouge

"complaint was inflight entertainment"

Verified Review | Tampa to Toronto. First trip on Air Canada Rouge. Only real complaint was the inflight entertainment and the wifi. Even though I had the AC app on my Android phone, when I went to log in, it said I still needed to download another app to watch movies, etc. Apparently this is only with Android phones and there's a "how to" guide on the AC app. Why they don't tell you to do this before your flight, or have it included in the main App like they do with the Apple app, I have no idea. So, I had to spend the first 15 minutes of my flight trying to download this app on the plane's slow wifi and then figure out how to install it, because it doesn't install itself. Then, finally when i got it to work, I got to enjoy the third rate entertainment - what a terrible selection. Good luck to anyone who flies more than once a year to find anything they want to watch.
RouteTampa to Toronto
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"last Rouge flight I will be taking"

Verified Review | Miami to Toronto. This is the last Rouge flight I will be taking. Unfortunately, as Air Canada expands its Rouge line and destinations this will likely mean simply switching airlines for many flights. Although flying Air Canada has never been cheap, one of the things they always had going for them was that the leg room and comfort of the economy cabin was a step above many US and European airlines. Not so with Rouge! This is the most cramped cabin I have travelled in. 3+ hours of having my legs firmly pressed into the seat in front of me is uncomfortable and unacceptable. Rouge was a big mistake for Air Canada. This is Air Canada's 80th year of service and they are trying to expand their international presence.
RouteMiami to Toronto

"uncomfortable penny-pinching seats"

Verified Review | Toronto to Fort Myers. I travel a lot, both domestically and internationally. I have been on my fair share of planes - all shapes and sizes and ages, but never in my life have I been subjected to such uncomfortable penny-pinching seats as Air Canada Rouge. When teenage girls are behind you and can't be more than 5'7" and are complaining about the severe lack of leg and elbow room, a man like myself at 6'3" is in big trouble. The seats literally do not fit you if you are over 6-feet and barely fit an average person. They are narrow, the seats don't move and myself and a gentlemen across the row (around 6-feet) were limping off the plane having been treated to 3 hours of knees jammed into a too-small space and no ability to put your legs under or at an angle. It is not hyperbole, it is that bad. I'm already fearing my trip back. The profit motive of Air Canada is sickening seeing what they have done to these planes. I will do whatever it takes to avoid Air Canada rouge at all costs in the future. I will pay more for a competitor or gladly connect - seriously, you shouldn't be limping after a flight and cramping up during it at these prices.
RouteToronto to Fort Myers
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"not a very nice experience"

Verified Review | Saint Kitts to Toronto. Flight was perfectly on time, no complaints! Seats in economy class were unworthy of discussion and for a 5h flight no leg room, too narrow and back rests not movable. Flight attendants with routined friendliness and no smile, asked questions in military order tone, didn't even look at customers when they handed over drinks! Inflight entertainment was not exciting, but okay. In total not a very nice experience.
RouteSaint Kitts to Toronto
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"not fly this airline again"

Verified Review | Chicago to Budapest via Toronto and the worst airline I have flown. Left Chicago to Toronto Pearson 45 minutes late and then 1 hr late departing to Budapest. Limited leg room on plane. On the return we departed from Budapest 4 hours late, and by the time we got to Pearson Toronto, all flights to Chicago were gone. They put us in a hotel till next morning and gave us money to buy a half a dinner. In Budapest they gave us money for a coffee.I will not fly this airline again. George Racher
RouteORD to BUD via YYZ
Date FlownAugust 2016

"I was denied my primary meal choice"

Verified Review | Flew Air Canada rouge from Toronto to Fort Lauderdale. I booked and paid for a return air fare to Fort Lauderdale in business class, namely Premium Rouge back in August 2016 for flights Jan 13-Jan 22 when the cabins availability was wide open. On both the outbound an the inbound I was denied my primary meal choice which I find unacceptable. The outbound was half-full so there was no reason not to have sufficient choices. Shouldn’t the airline make sure that enough meals are on board for their premium passengers seeing they only offer two choices? Shouldn’t meal choices be assigned at least by order of booking? Also watching a film on the provided iPad proved to be an excercise in frustration as right in the middle of the film the movie froze. The attendant told me that she had already notified the company of this glitch but as of yet it had not been fixed. No wonder the Rouge entertainment system is considered a joke. As I shall be returning to Florida in March I shall book with Westjet as I find Air Canada’s service is deteriorating more and more and just not worth the money one has to pay for vile inferior service like that of Rouge.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteYYZ to FLL
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"no entertainment unless download app"

Verified Review | Manchester to Toronto in August 2016. A dirty plane, rude staff and no entertainment unless you had downloaded their app, or paid as we did $10 each for 2 ipads. Cancelled flight but offered us another one same say with a stopover, so we chose the next day as we had booked a direct flight and wanted a direct flight. Lost a nights accommodation with no refund. We have flown with budget airlines and never been treated or spoken to like this crew did. They offered us 30% discount off further tickets, but we would need buy accommodation etc and this has to be used by this August and no way could we afford to go this year.
RouteManchester to Toronto
Date FlownAugust 2016

"attentive, friendly and professional"

Verified Review | Used Aeroplan points for 4 in Premium Rouge from Toronto to Honolulu. The 767 was actually recently transferred from "mainline" to Rouge so was quite new in the sense that it had been completely redone inside so was very fresh. The cabin staff was really great, attentive, friendly and professional. Flight was 9+ hours and 2 meals were served. Food was ok, not much different than an Air Canada domestic exec class flight. FA's came through on a regular basis to offer water. Seats are ok as well, slightly larger and more legroom but obviously not a true business class or lie flat seat. Ipads in Premium Rouge have additional content but bring your own stuff if you really want to be sure you'll have something to watch. I have little patience for people who complain about not knowing their filght is on Rouge when they book it as Air Canada is extremely clear about it when booking and certainly on the ticket. Yes the seats are close together, you have to pay for everything, you need to bring your own ipad and connect to their app before takeoff, but it's all very clear upfront. If you don't like it and didn't pay less than a competitor then book with another airline and take a connecting flight - Rouge will still likely save you a connection. Set your expectations ahead of time and you will be pleasantly surprised.
RouteYYZ to HNL
Date FlownDecember 2016

"ruined the first day of our vacation"

Verified Review | We were scheduled to fly Air Canada Rouge on December 26, 2016 from Toronto to Varadero, Cuba. The flight was to depart at 0800. This flight was delayed until 1050 because there wasn't a pilot to fly the plane. We boarded the plane at 1015 and sat on the plane for about an hour. There was a maintenance problem with this plane that was discovered as it flew into Toronto. We had to get off of the plane and return to the terminal while they got a different plane. We boarded this different plane at 1230. They then had to rearrange the passenger seating to balance the plane, due to the fact that this was a larger plane. We eventually left Toronto at 1355 instead of 0800. These delays caused us to arrive at our hotel in Varadero at 2030 instead of 1430 which ruined the first day of our vacation. The only compensation that Air Canada provided us was that we could use our boarding passes towards a $15 food purchase during the delay. Considering airport prices, I couldn't get a salad and a pop for $15.
RouteYYZ to VRA
Date FlownDecember 2016

"not exactly cut rate prices"

Verified Review | Seats were too close, leaving my knees jammed into seat in front. No policing of carry-ons, so boarding time was 45 minutes. Departure from Fort Myers to Toronto was 3h 40 m late, due to an issue with the plane in Havana 14 hours prior. Would not even food voucher when asked: the policy is 4 hour delay. Staff just shrugged their shoulders. A similar situation 8 days earlier on the Toronto to Fort Myers leg, 4 hours late in departing. Blamed weather, a battery change in Hamilton, staffing problems, etc. Worst is that no notice was given of delay. Paid $1000 Cdn round trip for each seat, so not exactly cut rate prices.
RouteRSW to YYZ