Vote Now

Air Canada rouge

"did the job but with a smile"

Verified Review | Toronto to Puerto Vallarta. I'm very spoiled, I get to mostly fly up front when I fly but Rouge was the option and it was a one stop through Toronto so I took it. I'd heard horror stories, so I booked the aisle exit row and hoped for the best. I was really pleasantly surprised. Now it was one of the brand new Airbus 321's that Rouge have bought but there was so much room in my exit row seat that the guy in the window seat (nobody between) could walk right around me. The big thing was the crew who were young, had a sense of humour and did the job but with a smile. What a difference from regular Air Canada these days. I would take these guys again, not sure how bad it would be on a 767 but on these new 321's yes absolutely. The entertainment through the wifi on my phone was awesome and I bought something to eat in the terminal and took it onboard. Whatever. The flight was on time, it's Air Canada and I thought it was pretty good.
RouteToronto to Puerto Vallarta
Date FlownApril 2017

"What you've heard is true"

Verified Review | Flew Air Canada Rouge from Montreal to Dublin. Never again. What you've heard is true. Rouge is just awful. Seats that left me aching for 2 days, inedible food, and a new low in overnight travel - a seeming unwillingness to dim cabin lights. Attendants were downright cranky, and the plane was just plain filthy. Inflight wifi was problematic. Never ever again. I'll take a stop over, pay more, and pass on miles before flying Rouge. Air Canada, this is just an embarassment.
RouteMontreal to Dublin

"seating was horrendous"

Verified Review | Air Canada Rouge from Toronto to Calgary then changed planes still Rouge on to Phoenix. When I booked possibly I was naïve, the price was excellent, the best of several airlines for the days I wanted to fly, when I saw Air Canada Rouge I assumed my flights would be Air Canada quality I couldn't have been more wrong. First the good, the aircraft were clean, the flight attendants excellent, my flights on time. Now the bad, seating was horrendous and that's taking into account flying charter airlines like Sunwing and Transat, all flights were full so the planes packed. I ordered a chicken wrap snack, $8.95 not expecting much and that's what I got a couple of scraps of chicken with some lettuce, a complete waste.
RoutePhoenix to Toronto

"on time and functional"

Verified Review | We used Air Canada rouge as a connection from Toronto to Cancun flying from London. The outwards journey was ok. The plane was a little scruffy and dirty but it was on time and functional. However the return journey is proving to be much worse. There is a 7 hour delay - no explanation given yet. They have checked us in but not confirmed our new connections to London as we will miss our scheduled connection. They blame Air Canada for this as they are not Air Canada. We joined the queue at 8.30 and at 11.30 are checked in and being bussed to a hotel to wait to be called. Delays happen but the lack of information and consideration for onward connections is very poor.
RouteToronto to Cancun
Date FlownApril 2017

"we were pleasantly surprised"

Verified Review | We were scheduled to return to Canada from Mexico on Sat 8th Apr on Air Canada Business Class (using our hard earned points) and were upset to learn that our scheduled flight had been cancelled and we were having to return a day earlier than planned and also on Air Canada Rouge - an unknown entity at that point. However, we were pleasantly surprised as our experience was wonderful. Special mention to all the crew and flight attendants who worked diligently taking care of all passengers.
AircraftBoeing 767-300ER
RoutePuerto Vallarta to Vancouver
Date FlownApril 2017

"paid upgrade to premium economy"

Verified Review | Flying to BOG from YYC via YYZ. Gambled and did a paid upgrade to premium economy. At the boarding gate, the zone and priority boarding not followed. It was a mad rush to get people in the plane. Boeing 767-300 interior looks aged, seats not comfortable, and little overhead space. People flighting like Spartacus to get their carry on to the overhead bins. My seat won't recline all the way. Breakfast, looked great how presented, but was too little and average. The plane is extremely cold during the flight. Flight attendants are young and attractive, but worked on a stopwatch for their rounds.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteYYZ to YYC
Date FlownApril 2017

"happily travel this way again"

Verified Review | Dublin to Toronto with onward connection to Palm Springs, March 2017. I have been using Air Canada rouge since they started flying in 2013. These being the 11th and 12th sectors flown all using the premium rouge (PR) product. Check in at DUB was fine with no line at the premium desk. The desk agent advised us to take the fast-track security line, I was not expecting this, so that made a good start to the trip. Onboard the Boeing 767-300, we were offered the usual water or orange juice prior to departure along with newspapers, Canadian and Irish. Orders for the rouge I-pads (IFE system) were taken, and later the lunch order with the usual choice of main course. Once in the air plus 30 minutes or so drinks were served this followed by lunch with more drinks on offer. One minor change from previous rouge flights was that no linen table cloth was provided for the tray table. The drinks service however was much better than previously experienced, the FA in charge of the premium cabin was very proactive in anticipating passenger’s requirement. Later in the flight, prior to arrival at Toronto, a light wrap (vegetarian or chicken) was offered along with more drinks. The great service from the FA in charge made the flight pass very quickly. The following morning, we continued from Toronto to Palm Springs. Being ticketed in premium economy for the DUB/YYZ sector this translated into business class for the cross-border flight from YYZ to PSP, as a result we had Maple Leaf Lounge access at YYZ. The flight boarding of the A319 aircraft was done promptly. It was a completely full flight in both sections. In common with all other premium rouge flights, water or orange juice were offered prior to departure along with the breakfast order being taken and the rouge I-pads. The breakfast offered was similar to that on main-line AC within North America, I really was not expecting it to be any different! Again, no linen table cloth for the tray table? – It looks like this minor nicety has been withdrawn. An additional snack and drinks were offered prior to landing in PSP. This was a long flight in a A319, extended slightly by weather conditions en-route. Like the DUB/YYZ flight the FA looking after us was very friendly and efficient at her job. We chose this routing from Europe to California as it was competitively priced for premium economy using DUB as a departure point, and would happily travel this way again. If anyone from Air Canada rouge reads these reports an EDI departure would have been even better!
AircraftBoeing 767 / A319
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteDublin to Toronto
Date FlownMarch 2017

"I truly enjoyed my flight"

Verified Review | I truly enjoyed my flight from Toronto to San Diego, Cal. The flight was #1887 on March 28th, 2017. The plane was nice and clean and the flight was extremely smooth. However, what made it extremely pleasant was the lead flight attendant. She made announcements in English and impeccable French. She was tender and extremely helpful. She truly made my day with her bright smile and helpful attitude. She noticed that my head was not comfortable, so without my asking, she brought a pillow. Never seen that before.
RouteToronto to San Diego
Date FlownMarch 2017

"hope just a one time occurrence"

Unverified | Toronto to Fort Lauderdale. Flew round trip and was impressed with the flight to Toronto from Fort Lauderdale. However, the return flight did not compare in cleanliness of the plane, nor the in flight service, nor the appearance of the Flight Attendants. I was seated in the back half of the plane, within the last 6 rows, and noticed the area and seats had not been cleaned before we boarded. The Flight attendants looked disheveled, hair messy, clothes wrinkled, tired, and did not smile. As I had an aisle seat, one of the attendants kept bumping into me, without apology, everytime she went up and down the aisles. During the flight a beverage service was offered to the passengers, but not all passengers. The passengers in the back of the plane were not offered any beverage with no explanation as to why! I was quite unhappy with this lack of customer service. It was with great reluctance that I booked my December trip with Canada rouge. I sincerely hope this was just a one time occurrence!
RouteToronto to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownMarch 2017

"avoid a long overseas flight"

Verified Review | On 18 March I flew from Edmonton to Orlando via Montreal aboard Air Canada 192/1872. We boarded a Boeing 767-300ER in Montreal, and I was delayed almost two hours due to what I assume was a mechanical issue, similar to what I experienced last August. At least the plane left this time around, but I missed my pre-arranged shuttle connections in Orlando extending an already long travel day, finally arriving at my destination well after 0200 EDT, which is not a pleasant way to start a vacation. I realize Air Canada is re equipping with the 787, but I do not get the gist of repurposing these well used 767-300s to Rouge if their condition reflects poorly upon the brand, which has taken a hit with the cramped seating and reduction in cabin services. One has to wonder if they have plans to replace the older Rouge aircraft. I might add the return flight was via Toronto was on a much newer aircraft ex Hawaiian with an more up to date interior to boot, which left on time. I might consider Rouge again for a short North American jaunt, but would avoid a long overseas flight on apparently old and past their prime aircraft, especially given the comfort levels in Economy. I was fortunate to be in their watered down Business Class upfront on all my flights. These flights represented good value at least on paper, but there are more reliable alternatives out there than an old 767. Flights to Orlando on United via Houston were half the cost of Rouge right up to departure.
AircraftBoeing 767-300ER