Air Canada rouge

"surly and not professional"

Verified Review | One of the worst flights ever flying from Prague to Toronto! It started with the cattle call for boarding. No organization! We were informed that if we wanted to watch movies, etc., we needed to download the AC app. Really? The captain could not find smooth air for 9.5 hours. The flight attendants looked like they just got out of bed and came to the plane. They were surly and not professional. One flight attendant in particular was flippant with his responses to me. When I asked why we were being charged for alcohol on an international flight he said, "You should have flown Air Canada". I said I thought we were flying Air Canada, and his response was, "you're flying the no frills Rouge". As far as food goes, it was awful! The best item was the package of cookies.
AircraftBoeing 767-300/300ER
RoutePrague to Toronto

"Outstanding inflight crew"

Verified Review | Toronto to Berlin. Flight AC 1966 on the 20th of July left on time and arrived earlier. Seat comfort could have been significantly improved by increasing the recline even marginally. Outstanding inflight crew for the Premium Economy cabin: they were enthusiastic and gave you the impression that they were proud to work on this flight in their position. Their behaviour should and could serve as an example as to how flight attendants can make passengers feel welcome and well taken care off.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteToronto to Berlin
Date FlownJuly 2017

"seats were far from each other"

Verified Review | Ottawa to Fort Lauderdale via Toronto. This is my 2nd time flying Air Canada and my 2nd time experience subpar customer service. Air Canada employees seem to have little joy in working with the company shows their minimal interest in ensuring their passengers have comfortable flying experience. Upon check-in in Ottawa, I was given a boarding pass with no gate number. As someone who had a connecting flight, I had little time to waste to play a guessing game to figure out which direction to go to find the correct gate. I stopped to ask at one of the desk and got the gate information, but that cost me time that was unnecessary. At check-in , I wasn't asked about seating preference. When traveling with family members, without having to ask, we are usually seated in close proximity. I didn't realize, until I got to the gate that the Air Canada rep. had given me and my father (with whom I was traveling) seats that were far from each other. Both times I've traveled with Air Canada, I felt like someone who was given free passes to fly rather than a paying customer.
RouteOttawa to Fort Lauderdale via Toronto
Date FlownJuly 2017

"very pleased with this flight"

(Morocco)

Verified Review | I made the trip with my parents. And we were very pleased with this flight from Casablanca to Montreal. Everything went smoothly, and the staff were very helpful both at the airport and during the flight. My parents had special needs and they were well taken care of during this flight. | [FR] J'ai fait le voyage avec mes parents. et nous étions très satisfaits de ce vol de Casablanca vers Montréal. Tout s'est bien passé, et le personnel était bien serviable aussi bien au niveau de l'aeroport que pendant le vol. Mes parents avaient des besoins spéciaux et ils étaient bien pris en charge durant ce vol.
AircraftBoeing 767-300ER
RouteCasablanca to Montreal

"It was an okay flight"

Verified Review | Fort Myers to Toronto Pearson. It was an okay flight. There was a small medical problem onboard but it was resolved. the Air Canada Rouge Staff are very polite to their customers, but seats are very tight, not lots of legroom.
AircraftA319-100
RouteFort Myers to Toronto Pearson

"attentive flight attendants"

Verified Review | Toronto to London Gatwick. It made a big difference flying premium economy as the seats were wider with more leg room. Excellent service by very attentive flight attendants. iPads for entertainment and full beverage service plus a very tasty meal and snack. Also I much prefer Gatwick Airport to Heathrow. It was great to have our suitcases ready and waiting on the carousel, and would definitely fly Rouge premium again!
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteToronto to London Gatwick
Date FlownJuly 2017

"surprised at how small the overhead bins were"

Verified Review | Before this month, I last flew Air Canada rouge in economy just when it was replacing Air Canada for flights between Las Vegas and Canada and I was very put out that they refused to let me take my carry-on which although 23" I had successfully carried on every other airline I ever flew. This month I got United Super Saver awards for my wife and I to fly to Toronto from Las Vegas in their business class and we paid for business class tickets on the return flight. As a business class passenger I was allowed to carry on my 23" carry-on. I was, however, surprised at how small the overhead bins were. Both my carry-on and my wife's smaller carry-on could only fit in the bins with the long dimension of the bag going from front to back of the plane. Seats were standard domestic first class seats. The entertainment system, a free loan of an iPad with certain loaded movies was poor: There weren't many movies and their were mandatory commercials before each started. I consider this entertainment system useless. Both flights were dinner flights and I was surprised at how good the food tasted. I though the wines served with dinner were quite good. They did a nice job with seasoning and flavoring of rather ordinary foods. The FAs were attentive thru the meal service. After that they drew the curtains separating themselves from the front cabin passengers giving themselves some privacy to eat between the front cabin and the flight deck. Of course, passengers walked thru to use the lav and the FAs were very accommodating if the passengers asked for anything but they didn't circulate much or at all after the dinner service. One big plus for Air Canada rouge over American airlines is that the business class ticket (really domestic first) gains the passenger access to the Maple Leaf lounge which, seemed better than the United lounges to which domestic first class passengers are not given access.
RouteLas Vegas to Toronto

"Very tight seats"

Verified Review | Montreal to Algiers, the worst flight I had. I thought it was Air Canada, but huge differnce between the two. Very tight seats, not enough food, very poor service and no personal tv - you have to take your own tablet or rent onboard the flight. I did not expect that when I paid. the first and last time ever with them and do not recommand it to any one unless you want to punish someone
RouteMontreal to Algiers

"far beyond uncomfortable"

Verified Review | Toronto to Victoria. Seating density on this flight far beyond uncomfortable to the point of being both unhealthy due to seat size and almost zero legroom to dangerous in case of emergency due to smallest aisle width I've ever seen. I'm 5'10, 180 lbs and felt crushed. Fetid air, sauna like conditions and indifferent attendants (only interest in selling booze and Ipad rentals). Several seniors around me were experiencing difficulties ranging from GI pains, through leg cramps to respitory discomfort and general anxiety. Trying to reach the toilets was brutal for those traversing the aisle and equally discomforted aisle seat occupants who were constantly jostled. Thank god for the co-operative and polite nature of most Canadians! Air Canada rouge should issue a caution alerting passengers to the increased density seating (about 20 more seats than normal, and the new normal is tight to begin with). Been travelling by air for 50 years and this ranks in my worst 5.
RouteToronto to Victoria
Date FlownJuly 2017

"staff was absolutely amazing"

Verified Review | Athens to Montreal on 4th July. The staff on the plane was absolutely amazing. A flight attendant on flight AC1903 was so helpful and made the 10 hour flight much better and very helpful. It was unfortunate that there are no tvs and no iPads to rent out but we know for next time to bring our own. Great service.
RouteAthens to Montreal