Air Canada rouge

"Seats are very tight"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Montreal. Seats are very tight. Small aircraft. The stewardess was unfriendly. No smile. We used this for both destination and return flight. No TVs and advertises wifi but if you don’t have a device you need to pay to rent one. There is no room for carry on as well. No one at the gate to assist with questions.
RouteOrlando to Montreal
Date FlownApril 2018

"Premium economy just fine"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Puerto Vallarta. I have not flown in Economy but I find the Premium economy just fine. Also worth noting that Rouge fly to locations that Air Canada do not. I had to get 12 people from Barcelona to Toronto on a tight schedule and Rouge were the only direct flight. The same 12 people have to go to Dublin and Rouge have the only direct flight except for charter airlines. Rouge is a budget Airline that might be your first clue but I suspect their quality is way up there. If you have a choice of Air Canada or Air Canada Rouge its tough to complain if your going for the cheaper price.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteToronto to Puerto Vallarta

"Absolutely awful"

Trip Verified | Absolutely awful. The attendants were lovely, but I’ve never been on a more uncomfortable flight. I felt as though I was sitting on a metal bar. When I boarded the plane, I went straight to the washroom. It was absolutely filthy and the toilet was full. Had obviously not been cleaned between flights. As a result, it absolutely stank, the entire flight. There was garbage in my seat pocket, and the seat was dirty. I will never fly Air Canada Rouge again, despicable.
RouteMaui to Vancouver

"Avoid at all costs"

Trip Verified | When I booked a trip from London Heathrow to Kelowna, I didn't notice that the third leg of my trip was with Rouge. However, this oversight became abundantly clear when I boarded the plane. At 5'11", I couldn't sit normally in my seat without my knees in the back of the traveller's seat in front of me. I am also tired of opening the seat pocket to find the last traveller's garbage left behind for me - and this on a flight where the pilot accounts for our thirty-minute flight delay because the plane was slow to get through the (overnight) cabin service. This reminded me that it was not my first time on Rouge, having flown between Calgary and Kelowna on this AC service and experiencing the same thing once in the past. I didn't even bother with food or drink on the flight, opting to grab something at Pearson instead. Super economy service, without the super economy price. Avoid at all costs.
RouteKelowna to Toronto
Date FlownMarch 2018

"the worst airline to fly on"

Trip Verified | Flew Ft Lauderdale to Montreal. Air Canada rouge is the worst airline to fly on. You cannot put your hand luggage in vertically. There are six seats per row in first class. There are seat posts that restrict your foot room. The seats are extraordinarily uncomfortable. The staff are friendly but the plane is impossible. We go to great lengths never to fly Rouge. We are making an extra stop on a flight to Europe this summer just to avoid Rouge. Air Canada’s wonderful brand is being destroyed by Rouge.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteFt Lauderdale to Montreal
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"tend to ruin your vacation before it starts"

Trip Verified | Flew Fort Lauderdale to Toronto. I am going to try and write this in a nice way. Let’s just say that Air Koryo, now has a competitor. The planes of Air Canada rouge are dated and old, the staff are arrogant and do not really know what customer service means. I asked for tea twice and no one ever brought any, I tried to call the flight attendant with the call button several times, but I guess they disconnected this function because it bothers them. The only reason I believe Air Canada rouge still exists is because they have no competition and they force you to take it as there is no other options to fly where you want to go. You pay the same price as with regular Air Canada, yet smiles from the staff are extra. I will avoid every route this company flies as they tend to ruin your vacation before it starts and if you do enjoy your vacation, they make sure your blood pressure rises on your way back home.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Toronto
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"there is no one there to help"

Trip Verified | Flying from Dubai to Philadelphia via Toronto, we had occassion to spend a couple of hours in the Maple Leaf Lounge (had to pay for this even though we were traveling business class). When we arrived in the lounge, there were no seat. It was so crowded we couldn't move. We stood with our carry on and personal items for some time until someone got up and gave us seats. We couldn't even make our way to the bar or the food it was so congested. When it was time to leave, we learned that some of the congestion was from a long line that wrapped around the entire lounge. We were stunned and very stressed that we would miss our plane. We were told that the elevators were running slow and there was no stair access. We nearly missed our flight to Philadelphia. We filed a complaint with Customer Service on Nov. 12 and received an acknowledgement on Nov. 20 saying "no need to follow up. We're on it!" We received no further response. We followed with Customer Service up on 1/17, 1/31,/2/9 and 2/10. Each time we were told that we would hear back in 48 hours. Each time, no response. Apparently there is no concern for passengers This makes one wonder how they are about safely and other functions. I would not recommend this airline because if you have to deal with them there is no one there to help!
RouteDubai to Toronto
Date FlownNovember 2017

"disappointed in the food service"

Trip Verified | I was very disappointed in the food service. This was a mid-haul, 5h morning flight, and there were no vegetarian food options available, only chicken wraps and breakfast sandwiches with pork were available for purchase. Non-meat eaters had a choice of dry granola snacks and candy for the duration of the flight. I find this unacceptable, and I'm sure I wasn't the only vegetarian on the flight. Cabin staff were not apologetic.
RouteSan José to Toronto
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"really disappointed with today"

Not Verified | Montreal to Las Vegas. I am a 50k member which is expensive for the lousy service I received today. Arriving at check in my friend on my reservation gets a seat and I have no seat assignment. They promised me I was on the flight no matter what. They told me to check at the lounge at 7:40am and nothing was done. I get to the gate and they told me that they can’t board all passengers and that they would have to wait until volunteers get off the plane and that I would be re-routed through Chicago. I waited until 8:40 (time of departure), all passengers got on and they put me on very last minute. The staff were not friendly. The crew was petty and had serious attitude. I asked for 2 iPads and WiFi was reset a million times and didn’t work nothing worked for an hour and a half). They told me they would refund my purchase. As I waited for all drinks to be served I managed to watch some silly movie at some point and asked for 20 more minutes to just see the end and the crew member Ishmael told me he would have to charge me 5$ (half the value because I was managing to watch), it’s not for the 10$ each, its for the aggravation and pettiness! We asked for the usual rouge pretzels, and were answered we charge for everything! As a 50k member I am really disappointed with today. Everything we asked it was like we were annoying the crew. What a stressful flight
RouteMontreal to Las Vegas
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"quite unacceptable in my view"

Trip Verified | Flew Air Canada rouge from Honolulu to Vancouver. We arrived at check-in bag drop at 8.45 pm, almost 3 hours before takeoff, having checked in online. There was at most 2 agents for this line, compared to 4-6 for those doing the entire process. Each passenger or group took as much as 25 minutes, with the online check-in ignored. We stood in line 1 hour 20 minutes. We barely made our boarding time, then sat in the plane for another 80 minutes waiting for luggage and passengers before we finally left more than an hour late. Passengers were getting extremely frustrated. This is the worst check-in I have ever experienced. It was quite frankly embarrassing as Alaska Airlines passengers sailed through their check-in. It was quite unacceptable in my view.
RouteHonolulu to Vancouver