Air Canada rouge

"my knees touched the chair in front of me"

Verified Review | Flew Toronto to Iceland. First of all, Air Canada is know to be an unfavourable airline and Rouge definitely lives up to it. This was the first international I've taken where there was no entertainment whatsoever. Sitting in my seat my knees touched the chair in front of me and I'm not a big guy. The staff had the typical Air Canada vibe of hating their lives. Before take off the staff mentioned we would have a hot meal during the flight which turned out to be a small cold wrap. All in all next time I'll spend a couple hundred more and go with a different airline.
RouteToronto to Iceland
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"won't book the flight again"

Verified Review | I booked return flight from Vancouver to Budapest via Toronto. Flight from Toronto to Budapest was delayed 2.5 hours, one of the passengers got intoxicated and was boarded on the flight. Under the influence of alcohol he started arguing and assaulted flight attendant, causing the cancellation of the flight, returning to Toronto and postponing trip for 24 hours. On my way back, flight delayed from Budapest 3 hours, like many passengers I lost connections and ended up in Vancouver at 2:00am, instead of 9:00 pm, paying for taxi service and having a list of other minor complications. I won't book the flight again.
RouteBudapest to Vancouver via Toronto
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"my experience was not that bad"

(Chile)

Verified Review | Flew Dublin to Toronto. Despite all the rage I read against this airline, which made me question whether I had made the right decision, I can say that my experience was not that bad. Upside: Service and food was the same quality as on the previous Air Canada flight (SCL-YYZ). I say it's an upside because I expected it to be much worse. Leg room was ok to me too (I'm 175 cm. tall), though recline was poor. Downsides: No in-flight entertainment (you can rent iPads or use your own device), old aircraft, and no window shade in my seat (broken/removed). I wouldn't fly ACR again, not because I had a bad experience, but because I can get something better for the same price.
RouteDublin to Toronto
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"not a bargain flight for me"

Verified Review | Toronto to Athens. Booked Lufthansa but somehow it was an Air Canada rouge flight. The staff were very nice. I am a 5'8" female and my knees were touching the seat in front of me. The entertainment is access to the Rouge app. If you do not bring a laptop with earbuds, you can rent one from Rouge. Glad I brought my kindle. The meal was rubber chicken with a mix of potatoes, carrots and beans. The salad was a very poor version of potato salad. Great for potato lovers. This was not a bargain flight for me.
RouteToronto to Athens
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"I will fly Rouge again for sure"

(Slovenia)

Verified Review | Flew Venice to Montreal. Reading all the reviews I was wondering what I had got myself into when choosing Air Canada Rouge. However, it turned out totally different. It's strange when you walk into giant 767 and the seats have no screens, but the wifi entartaiment was working perfectly fine, movie and TV series selection good. Cabin crew were young, but nice and funny and they were helpful. Sodas and water is free, alcohol you need to buy. Food? Surprisingly delicious chicken breast and rice and a salad, also snacks and more drinks for the second meal. After we landed, a visit to pilots at the flight deck was also no problem. So in the end, very good surprise. I know, if you want the perfect service 35000 feet up, that's not the airline of your choice, but for a medical student flying for vacation it's the cheapest way to fly overseas. I will fly Rouge again for sure!
AircraftBoeing 767-300ER
RouteVenice to Montreal
Date FlownJuly 2017

"declined its customer services"

Verified Review | Calgary to Punta Cana via Montreal. I been flying with AC back and forth since we moved to Canada 5 yrs ago. It was really sad to see how Air Canada has declined its customer services to the lowest level, especially in International flights. If cheap flights means poor service I will prefer to paid more. The plane was so old and dirty. It didn't have any backseat entertainment and or air conditioner in the seat panel. Everything was available for a fee including blankets and pillows, any food, and movies (Ipad for 10 dollars). Next time, I will be sure to double check before I book my international vacations with AC, if I do it again. I will be more that happy to pay a couple extra hundred dollars to have a confortable flight with food and entertainment.
AircraftBoeing 767-300ER
RouteCalgary to Punta Cana via Montreal
Date FlownAugust 2017

"found the experience satisfactory"

Verified Review | I flew with my family from Toronto to Prague and back on Air Canada Rouge and found the experience satisfactory, a good value for a lower cost service. We paid $100 extra for seats with extra legroom. The food was reasonable, the wifi entertainment worked on out iPads, there was a power socket for the charger, and the plane interior was clean and in good shape. The flight attendants were a highlight - all provided an energetic, efficient, upbeat service. I had no complaints. I will not hesitate to book Rouge again.
RoutePrague to Toronto
Date FlownAugust 2017

"do not pay for preferred seats"

Verified Review | We traveled on Air Canada Rouge from Athens to Montreal on August 18 and because the flight is over 10 hours and I am 6 foot 4 we decided to pay 200$ for 2 preferred seats which were supposed to provide more leg room. We were seated in row 27 seat A and C. When we got to our seats we noticed that there was a wall less than 3 feet from the seat providing absolutely no room for leg extension! Furthermore the seat is right next to 3 bathrooms. With almost 300 people on the plane and a 10 hour flight you can imagine the kind of traffic and odors we were subjected to. I complained to the flight attendant who told me that customers always complain about those seats being sold as preferred. Also note that as per the cabin plan supplied on the website when we booked our seats they do not show the wall or the washrooms but some normal seats in front of 27 A and C which is a gross misrepresentation of the actual seating arrangement. Bottom line is these are probably the worst seats on the entire plane but because they are exit rows Air Canada insists on selling them a preferred. It is purely and simply stealing from their customers. Bottom line is do not pay for preferred seats in row 27 and don't even sit in them for free. Air Canada should be stopped from doing this!
RouteAthens to Montreal
Date FlownAugust 2017

"uncomfortable and small leg room seats"

Verified Review | First time flying on Air Canada Rouge. Pretty bad. 5 hours and 25 minutes sitting in a small size seat from Vancouver to Mexico City. No free food (not even peanuts or cookies). No free alcohol. No in-flight entertainment. All I had was 2-3 small cups of water for the whole flight experience. I was so sore upon arrival due to the uncomfortable and small leg room seats. I am a long time Air Canada frequent flyer, but will never fly again on this "rouge" concept. No wonder Aeromexico is getting a bigger market share for this Vancouver-Mexico City route (they offer free hot meals, in-flight entertainment and even free wine or any cocktail of your preference.
RouteVancouver to Mexico City
Date FlownAugust 2017

"not sitting next to each other"

Verified Review | Budapest to Toronto and we found out that we were not sitting next to each other. Young lady at counter was unfriendly and kept telling us that we had to call the Airlines to request our seats to sit by our spouse prior to flying date. She found two seats together at very back of plane. Sitting at back of plane, we never had a choice of food items like rest of plane. Bathroom floor corners were filthy. When we arrived in Toronto, we were held at gate for quite awhile due to having to wait for ground crew to be organized, and because the air bridge could not be attached to plane for us to disembark. We barely made it through customs and onto our next connecting flight to Houston. Our luggage never made it out of Houston and to our final destination and has to be delivered to us the next day.
RouteBudapest to Toronto