Air Canada rouge

"not sitting next to each other"

Verified Review | Budapest to Toronto and we found out that we were not sitting next to each other. Young lady at counter was unfriendly and kept telling us that we had to call the Airlines to request our seats to sit by our spouse prior to flying date. She found two seats together at very back of plane. Sitting at back of plane, we never had a choice of food items like rest of plane. Bathroom floor corners were filthy. When we arrived in Toronto, we were held at gate for quite awhile due to having to wait for ground crew to be organized, and because the air bridge could not be attached to plane for us to disembark. We barely made it through customs and onto our next connecting flight to Houston. Our luggage never made it out of Houston and to our final destination and has to be delivered to us the next day.
RouteBudapest to Toronto
Date FlownAugust 2017

"good food, excellent service"

Verified Review | In general we had good flight from Barcelona to Montreal with good food, excellent service and nice staff but we didn't know that the aircraft does not have screens on the seats. People with tablets were able to download the Air Canada rouge app for others there was no choice. Usually when I fly with Lufthansa I don't have to pay for the alcohol but with Air Canada rouge the alcohol is not free.
RouteBarcelona to Montreal
Date FlownAugust 2017

"worst flying experience "

Verified Review | San Francisco to Dublin via Vancouver. Air Canada was the worst flying experience we have had. We flew to and from Dublin on this airline and every flight was delayed at least 2 hours. Our flight to Dublin ended up taking 24 hours. They lost our luggage on the return flight and we are still waiting for it. The individuals working for the airline were kind and seemed to be doing their best in a very dysfunctional and inefficient company. On board, the Wifi would not connect and the online entertainment was broken.
RouteSan Francisco to Dublin via Vancouver

"Excellent meal service"

Verified Review | AC 1967 on 8th August 2017: Flight left and arrived on time even though extremely slow and time consuming passport control just prior to entering boarding area. Seat pitch in Premium Rouge generous but recline not sufficient. Excellent meal service. As on the outbound leg the young and enthusiastic flight attendants in the Premium Rouge cabin were simply great. Their friendliness and eagerness to please was outstanding. On a side-note: they kept the lavatory in front of the Premium Rouge cabin immaculate. Entertainment system via supplied I pad was good but personally missed the possibility of loading the usual "flight-path" feature. Would not hesitate to book Premium Rouge on long-haul again.
RouteBerlin to Toronto
Date FlownAugust 2017

"our experience was fantastic"

Verified Review | We flew Air Canada Rouge nonstop round trip from Toronto to Venice in July. The equipment in both directions was a Boeing 767-300ER, which was obviously an older aircraft from AC’s livery. My family and I were expecting the worst after reading multiple horrific reviews of AC Rouge online, and it seemed like we were going to pay a serious penalty for the very low advance fare we found to fly their “Premium Rouge” product. Happily, our experience was fantastic and we’d fly this discount airline again in a second. Upon boarding on both ends of our journey, we were offered glasses of water or juice and hot towel service. Meals on both flights were a notch above what I’ve experienced on legacy carriers in US domestic first in recent years; everything was served on ceramic plates with stainless silverware and linen napkins. Wine and cocktails were complimentary in this class, and while not a varied menu, the service was generous. The seating is very comfortable; seat pitch is listed as 37”, and that seemed accurate. I am a big guy at 6’2” (1.88m) and 280 lbs (127kg) and was completely at ease with plenty of room to stretch out. The 767 does not have individual air jets for circulation, but this did not bother me on these flights. If you’re concerned it will, you may want to pack a USB-powered fan. Every 2-seat row in premium rouge has a power outlet that accepts 110-220v plugs. When the person in front of you fully reclines, these outlets are tricky to access, so figure it out when you get seated. As mentioned in other reviews, to use in-flight-entertainment on these planes, you need to download the Air Canada app on your iOS or Android device ahead of time, or use the provided iPads onboard (free for Premium, charge for other classes). It works very well and has a decent selection of movies. Note that the onboard streaming system will not work during the flight’s climb-out up to about 10K feet (approx the first 20-30 mins. of the flight). Premium rouge passengers also receive priority boarding and priority baggage handling - our luggage was waiting for us when we cleared customs in Venice, which was very unexpected given our past experience at this airport. Our in-flight crews could not have been more kind or professional; legacy carriers in the US could seriously take a lesson from these folks. If you are looking for lie-flat seats and the like, this is not your airline. If you are flying your family for vacation and want a reasonably priced product that offers a very nice international premium economy product, than look no further than Air Canada Rouge.
AircraftBoeing 767-300ER
RouteToronto to Venice
Date FlownJuly 2017

"extremely disappointed with service"

(Barbados)

Verified Review | Toronto to Bridgetown. We left at 8.15 am and travelling with a small child (3 years old) after leaving early in the morning. While sitting in the seat I realized that my knees were rubbing the butt of the passenger seated in front of metal. There was a long line for the toilets since economy only had two toilets. I requested a cup of warm chocolate for the child but the only warm beverages available were coffee and tea. I am extremely disappointed with this service.
AircraftAir Canada flight 1714 air bus A319
RouteToronto to Bridgetown
Date FlownJuly 2017

"plane was so dirty I have no words"

Verified Review | "Welcome to Air Canada Rouge, our top of the line air taxi features chairs and retractable folding tables." I would not wish this flight to my worst enemy. I was traveling with a 1 year old and my 4 month pregnant wife, we were not expecting any and we certainly did not get any special treatment. When I tried to do online booking at exactly 24 hours prior to flight it told me everything was packed and we had to sit at the exact spots, we couldn't change to go to a 2 seater, instead we were in a 3 seat spot, couldn't get a baby bassinet either. 11 hour flight, no TVs or any entertainment, this plane had to be at least 30-40 years old. They rented ipads for $10, yes the last thing I want to do is hold an ipad with a 1 year old in my lap, meanwhile the batteries kept dying on the ones that other passengers got, I had an ipad of my own which couldn't load the content as I didn't download the app prior to flight, thats what I was thinking while boarding with my family "how to download the app". I am 6"ft3 the seats were made I think for someone who is 3"ft 1, the armrest conveniently has the controls to call the staff and turn on the lights, which was very helpful every 5 seconds when I accidentally kept calling staff who very rudley come by and turn off the call button and the one time I actually wanted water for my 1 year old I was asked "What is the problem here, is there a problem. Meanwhile the girl next to us who was sleeping put her elbow on to the same arm rest and turned on the light by accident right into our faces, 500 watts it felt like for 11 hours. The staff were definitely sent here as some kind of punishment, they hated their jobs, each other, the passengers and most of all themselves. The plane was so dirty I have no words for it, the magazines looked like dogs had taken a bite out of them, the floors and the seats were full of crumbs and the bathroom, my goodness had ash trays for the ancient days when you could smoke. $1450 per tickets, no alcoholic beverages. The cookies were ok. Overall horrible flight, for the price and the distance its actually disgusting.
RouteAthens to Toronto

"bare-bones service"

Verified Review | In 2016, Air Canada assigned the Bogota to Toronto route to Air Canada Rouge. This means bare-bones service. From no seatback inflight entertainment for a 6 hour flight to smaller seats. My biggest complaint is that this flight has never been on time for me, making connections in YYZ almost impossible to make. In this flight in July, the flight was almost 45 minutes late landing and most of the people missed their connecting flights having to sleep in Toronto. That is no minor disruption. On the plus side, you get some decent food and the crew is younger than the typical Air Canada crew, so they seem to be enjoying their work.
RouteBogota to Vancouver via Toronto
Date FlownJuly 2017

"surly and not professional"

Verified Review | One of the worst flights ever flying from Prague to Toronto! It started with the cattle call for boarding. No organization! We were informed that if we wanted to watch movies, etc., we needed to download the AC app. Really? The captain could not find smooth air for 9.5 hours. The flight attendants looked like they just got out of bed and came to the plane. They were surly and not professional. One flight attendant in particular was flippant with his responses to me. When I asked why we were being charged for alcohol on an international flight he said, "You should have flown Air Canada". I said I thought we were flying Air Canada, and his response was, "you're flying the no frills Rouge". As far as food goes, it was awful! The best item was the package of cookies.
AircraftBoeing 767-300/300ER
RoutePrague to Toronto

"Outstanding inflight crew"

Verified Review | Toronto to Berlin. Flight AC 1966 on the 20th of July left on time and arrived earlier. Seat comfort could have been significantly improved by increasing the recline even marginally. Outstanding inflight crew for the Premium Economy cabin: they were enthusiastic and gave you the impression that they were proud to work on this flight in their position. Their behaviour should and could serve as an example as to how flight attendants can make passengers feel welcome and well taken care off.
RouteToronto to Berlin