Vote Now

Air Canada rouge

"I was not impressed"

Verified Review | I would not recommend Air Canada and will not travel with them again. I paid extra for preferred seating and I did get extra room (that's the good news). However, I couldn't connect to the entertainment while flying on my ipad or phone even though I had the Air Canada app? The seating area had not been cleaned from the previous flight and there were crumbs everywhere. They ran out of food (on a full flight to Maui?) They asked passengers to check in their carry on luggage because they didn't have room for it. I didn't have anywhere to put my carry on luggage even though I paid the extra money for the preferred seating (common sense would say if you pay extra for something you should have preference to the above head compartment). Instead, the people behind me who didn't pay anything extra got my compartment. When I asked the airline attendant where I should put it she was of no assistance and told me I was on my own to find room. I guess I'm more familiar with the plane's storage space than the actual Air Canada employee. For a 6 hour plane ride I was not impressed. Will try another airline next time.
RouteVancouver to Maui
Date FlownMarch 2017

"flight was bad even for Air Canada"

Verified Review | Toronto to Fort Lauderdale on 13th March. This flight was bad even for Air Canada. The staff was rude at best, insulting at times and never helpful. We had a 6.40 am flight and were early but eventually were told to board the plane, then told to disembark, then told to reload, then again told to disembark, all by different staff. Evidently communications skills are not a hiring requirement. We were then given some lame excuse about having to use an alternate fueling process which delayed the departure by 3 hours in total. Why this has to be done in the first place is scary and why the problem wasn't detected earlier to minimize the delay reeks of incompetence. After 2 hours they finally loaded us, told us we were fuelled and then delayed the departure for an hour for no specified reason (I suspect we were loaded to shut us up). The result of this was we would miss connecting flights and when we asked how this would be resolved we were told not to worry, an Air Canada customer service representative would meet us at the gate and get things settled and that we would not have a problem. This was either a lie or at best a complete lack of communications as this did not happen, either way unacceptable. On landing we had to track down the Air Canada booth, get a piece of paper to then take to the connecting airline where we found out that we missed out on several flights and that the 4 pm was booked solid. We were given the option of the 8 pm flight or wait until the next day. Since this was March break and we were on a 5 day vacation I didn't think spending it in the airport was a great option so we chose the 8 pm flight. What irked me was that every time we asked a question we were given erroneous (trying to be positive) answers at best. We were advised we could contact customer service which we did who then said all they could do was call in the Manager who we had already discussed this with so no comfort there. We were then advised to contact customer relations. When we did that were told they didn't talk to people and hung up on us when we tried to come up with alternative travel arrangements to avoid having to wait until 8 pm. I think that unless there is an alternative to Air Canada that my future travel plans involve driving, at least I have some control. Everyone else should consider that as well.
RouteToronto to Fort Lauderdale

Air Canada rouge customer review

Verified Review | Toronto to Las Vegas. It was not as bad as I thought it would be. Their business class product is not like Air Canada's business class but it had almost the same style of food menu and drinks are served in glass. They had two red wine selections to choose from. Other than the ice cream and fresh baked cookies that you would receive on a long haul west coast flight with Air Canada business class this product was not that bad. Service was outstanding on both legs of this trip from YYZ-LAS and return on the red eye from LAS-YYZ. Only exception and difference is the seat on the B767-300 business class on rouge is not a sleeper pod seat like you would have found on Air Canada business class. Also note that the name for business class on Air Canada Rouge is Premium Rouge.
RouteToronto to Las Vegas
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"found the seats adequate"

Verified Review | Flew Air Canada rouge from Las Vegas to Calgary. Excellent service from the Montreal based cabin crew. Flew economy but purchased meal at time of booking. Served a meal from business class along with a warm fresh bread roll. Watched a movie on my Samsung Tablet via streaming player service of the airline. I am 5'10" and found the seats adequate. I would fly with them again for certain.
RouteLas Vegas to Calgary
Date FlownMarch 2017

"had to sit with my knees apart"

Verified Review | I have never flown Rouge even though I have flown Air Canada forever. Unfortunately, I was not prepared for what I had to look forward to. Flew from Toronto to Fort Myers. I stand 6'3" and, literally, could not sit with my legs in front of me. I was incredulous! I looked around to see if I was in a narrow row but soon found another tall guy who had the same look on his face. For three hours I had to sit with my knees apart and I still couldn't sit without my knees touching the seat in front of me. I had to fight off some cramping along the way as well. The seats are equally as bad. It may have been more bearable if I could at least move around a little to shift my weight around but because I was wedged in I could barely move. I wrote Air Canada to describe my experience in a bit more detail but more importantly to remind them why I am now flying with one of their competitors.
RouteToronto to Fort Myers
Date FlownDecember 2016

"crew were friendly and helpful"

(Denmark)

Verified Review | Copenhagen to Varadero via Toronto. Before flying Air Canada Rouge for the first time in February 2017, I read horrific reports on the airline's poor service. I am European an accustomed to European standard for low price airlines, and I really cannot find very much to criticize. You get what you pay for. My wife and I had a nice flight, on time, from Toronto to Varadero and back three weeks later. The cabin crew were friendly and helpful and the pilots very informative. The only thing that should be mentioned is the space between the seats. Annother 2 inches will make a difference.
RouteCopenhagen to Varadero via Toronto
Date FlownMarch 2017

"worst flight I've been on"

Verified Review | Flew Air Canada rouge from Las Vegas to Toronto. Worst flight I've been on, both ways were awful but the way back was particularly bad. No inflight entertainment unless you want to pay $10.00 for an iPad? No working wifi, no working outlet to charge your phone and the staff on the way back were the rudest flight attendants I've had. I realize that it being a night flight might mean less attentive staff but even while me and my friend paged them, trying multiple times for several minutes to get a glass of water. They didn't come. We finally flagged someone down and even said we would buy a drink and they said 'no it's not out front.' Even with other guests they were very short and rude.
RouteLas Vegas to Toronto
Date FlownMarch 2017

"complaint was inflight entertainment"

Verified Review | Tampa to Toronto. First trip on Air Canada Rouge. Only real complaint was the inflight entertainment and the wifi. Even though I had the AC app on my Android phone, when I went to log in, it said I still needed to download another app to watch movies, etc. Apparently this is only with Android phones and there's a "how to" guide on the AC app. Why they don't tell you to do this before your flight, or have it included in the main App like they do with the Apple app, I have no idea. So, I had to spend the first 15 minutes of my flight trying to download this app on the plane's slow wifi and then figure out how to install it, because it doesn't install itself. Then, finally when i got it to work, I got to enjoy the third rate entertainment - what a terrible selection. Good luck to anyone who flies more than once a year to find anything they want to watch.
RouteTampa to Toronto
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"last Rouge flight I will be taking"

Verified Review | Miami to Toronto. This is the last Rouge flight I will be taking. Unfortunately, as Air Canada expands its Rouge line and destinations this will likely mean simply switching airlines for many flights. Although flying Air Canada has never been cheap, one of the things they always had going for them was that the leg room and comfort of the economy cabin was a step above many US and European airlines. Not so with Rouge! This is the most cramped cabin I have travelled in. 3+ hours of having my legs firmly pressed into the seat in front of me is uncomfortable and unacceptable. Rouge was a big mistake for Air Canada. This is Air Canada's 80th year of service and they are trying to expand their international presence.
RouteMiami to Toronto

"uncomfortable penny-pinching seats"

Verified Review | Toronto to Fort Myers. I travel a lot, both domestically and internationally. I have been on my fair share of planes - all shapes and sizes and ages, but never in my life have I been subjected to such uncomfortable penny-pinching seats as Air Canada Rouge. When teenage girls are behind you and can't be more than 5'7" and are complaining about the severe lack of leg and elbow room, a man like myself at 6'3" is in big trouble. The seats literally do not fit you if you are over 6-feet and barely fit an average person. They are narrow, the seats don't move and myself and a gentlemen across the row (around 6-feet) were limping off the plane having been treated to 3 hours of knees jammed into a too-small space and no ability to put your legs under or at an angle. It is not hyperbole, it is that bad. I'm already fearing my trip back. The profit motive of Air Canada is sickening seeing what they have done to these planes. I will do whatever it takes to avoid Air Canada rouge at all costs in the future. I will pay more for a competitor or gladly connect - seriously, you shouldn't be limping after a flight and cramping up during it at these prices.
RouteToronto to Fort Myers