Air Canada rouge

"food was overpriced"

Not Verified | Vancouver to Cancun. I and my travel companion were early at the check-in. We asked for aisle seats but got one in the middle instead. It also took the check-in person 15 minutes to change the spelling of my name. The stewardess who served me handed out water like it was a precious beverage. She only filled the small plastic cup 1/4 fill and never came around again. The food was overpriced and none of it was appealing to me. The space underneath the seat barely fit my purse.
RouteVancouver to Cancun
Date FlownMay 2018

"seats way to close together"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Honolulu. First and foremost the seats are way to close together now. I'm only 5'10 and an average build. I was extremely uncomfortable with no leg room what so ever. With the leg room I did it was very difficult to stretch out, as well avoid the pasta that was on the floor from who ever was on the plane prior to this flight. For a 6hr flight. Air Canada rouge has made their seats extremely uncomfortable. Closest comparison I can think of is a well used office chair. There was no snack provided as part of the flight. Not to mention their app that barely works. I tried to work it from my iPhone, iPad, my wife iPhone and a laptop. Not one device was able to get this app to work. Finally after complaining to a flight attendant were we able to get a iPad from them. Luckily bringing my own snacks, trying to put it in the seat pouch, I was greeted with the left over garbage again from someone before me. I'd strongly suggest staying away from Air Canada rouge. The flight back was not much better at all, even after paying an additional $70 US for a seat with more leg room.
AircraftBoeing 767-300ER
RouteVancouver to Honolulu

"very poor experience"

Trip Verified | Columbus to Venice via Toronto, we were booked on our outbound flight with Air Canada rouge. I say unfortunately because the resulting experience with them was just that. In addition to losing my luggage, which I did not receive the entire time while in Italy, the 8+ hour flight was on an old plane with no built-in TV's. They offered iPads which could be rented at a cost, however the in-flight staff never offered these to my wife and I. The food was sub-par, and overall was a very poor experience. Air Canada rouge wants 35 days to review my claim and assess whether or not I will be reimbursed for the $500 USD I had to spend in order to put together a wardrobe to get through the trip. In addition, the team working on the claim is not accessible other than through submission of forms on their website. Obviously they do not wish to interact with customers that they have inconvenienced, I am someone whom never writes reviews, however I felt compelled to do so on this experience as it was that bad.
RouteColumbus to Venice via Toronto
Date FlownMay 2018

"flight was completely pleasant"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Tampa. While it is understandable that different individuals will have varying experiences with a budget carrier, my flight with Air Canada rouge was completely pleasant. Check-in was handled by the normal AC staff, and the premium line for Star Gold passengers provided immediate service. Onboard, the attendant serving the business cabin couldn't have been more pleasant, cheerful, and proactive. There were only 8 passengers for the 16 available seats, and the seat pitch was excellent. We departed on-time and arrived in Tampa 15 minutes early. A tasty and complete breakfast was served on this 8:35AM flight. Drinks were served, but lamentably, they had not loaded any of the sparkling wine that appears on the menu. Inflight entertainment in the premium cabin is provided by ipads loaded with a good selection of movies. I would not hesitate to fly rouge again, and I would recommend them to my friends.
RouteToronto to Tampa
Date FlownMay 2018

"it was a wonderful flight"

Not Verified | Me and my husband and our two kids flew this past April with Rouge from Calgary to Maui and it was a wonderful flight. I am a nervous flyer and the staff were so kind and attentive. They were wonderful with my kids and I would 100% book and fly with them. Kudos to you guys!
RouteCalgary to Maui
Date FlownApril 2018

"Hard to find something positive"

Trip Verified | Flew Air Canada rouge from Toronto to Barcelona. Hard to find something positive about this airline. Old and noisy 767. No IFE or moving map display. Hardly edible plastic food. Rude staff and unable to fix anything for you, we had a 7h night flight with our baby and they could not get us a bassinet, even if there were bassinet seats on the plane. Will avoid them at all costs in the future.
RouteToronto to Barcelona
Date FlownApril 2018

"callous disregard to comfort"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Tampa. Plane obnoxiously too small for transport of human beings. I am 5'11" and could barely move in the seat. I put my purse on the floor at my feet as I always do on flights. I have a very moderate size cross body purse. I am not a heavy person and I barely had enough room to get my purse from the floor to my lap. The entire flight I felt like a sardine in a can. Truly the least room in seating I have ever had. The airline used a different aircraft or differently configured aircraft on the return trip from Toronto to Tampa verses the flight up, as the flight up was fine. After this experience, I will make it a personal mission to avoid Air Canada and Air Canada Rouge. Granted some can upgrade seats, but general comfort should not be forced. If I were 300 pounds or 6'7" then fine, I would be out of the ordinary and should consider paying up for seating. The callous disregard to comfort is a financial game by the airline who obviously has zero regard for their customers. Well, in this case, ex-customers.
RouteToronto to Tampa

"Seats are very tight"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Montreal. Seats are very tight. Small aircraft. The stewardess was unfriendly. No smile. We used this for both destination and return flight. No TVs and advertises wifi but if you don’t have a device you need to pay to rent one. There is no room for carry on as well. No one at the gate to assist with questions.
RouteOrlando to Montreal
Date FlownApril 2018

"Premium economy just fine"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Puerto Vallarta. I have not flown in Economy but I find the Premium economy just fine. Also worth noting that Rouge fly to locations that Air Canada do not. I had to get 12 people from Barcelona to Toronto on a tight schedule and Rouge were the only direct flight. The same 12 people have to go to Dublin and Rouge have the only direct flight except for charter airlines. Rouge is a budget Airline that might be your first clue but I suspect their quality is way up there. If you have a choice of Air Canada or Air Canada Rouge its tough to complain if your going for the cheaper price.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteToronto to Puerto Vallarta
Date FlownMarch 2018

"Absolutely awful"

Trip Verified | Absolutely awful. The attendants were lovely, but I’ve never been on a more uncomfortable flight. I felt as though I was sitting on a metal bar. When I boarded the plane, I went straight to the washroom. It was absolutely filthy and the toilet was full. Had obviously not been cleaned between flights. As a result, it absolutely stank, the entire flight. There was garbage in my seat pocket, and the seat was dirty. I will never fly Air Canada Rouge again, despicable.
RouteMaui to Vancouver