Air Canada rouge

"about on par with Air Canada"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Puerto Vallarta. First time on Air Canada rouge, and based on the reviews was expecting the worst when in reality it was about on par with Air Canada. Same menu, same service. although the attendants seemed more like servers at a Kelseys rather than professional flight crew. Had my own iPad and did find a couple of movies to watch. The flight departed and arrived on time as did my luggage so no complaints there either. I missed the moving map and there was no communication from the flight deck until the descent. The seats really weren't an issue until the person in front reclined theirs, I'm only 5"6 and their seat was jammed against my knees. The person refused to straighten the seat back so I could get out to use the washroom. had to squeeze out over the armrest. On my return flight I booked the preferred seat at the wing exit and was much more comfortable. Similar experience, departed and arrived on time, same food choices as on AC and no updated from the flight deck.
RouteToronto to Puerto Vallarta
Date FlownNovember 2017

"my bags delivered after 10 days"

Verified Review | Venice to Toronto via Montreal. At my arrival in Toronto I discovered that my luggage was missing. it's annoying but it happens. I had to fight for 10 days in order to have my luggage delivered at home. I spent hours in sterile discussions with an overseas call center. they did all kind of irrational actions. My luggage was sent for some unknown reason to a minor airport in CT at 5 hours from my house and they wanted me to drive there to pick it up. I refused and I told them that the closest airport to my house was Rochester NY. they did not believe me and insisted that the closest one was in CT. Then after many calls I spoke with somebody that seemed to have more brain. I was wrong, my luggage was sent to Chicago. I wanted to cry. I restarted calling the craziest call center on this planet and they told me not to worry, the baggage would have delivered to my front porch the day after. After 2 days without news I recalled them and I discovered that my luggage was in Buffalo NY and it was in the hands of Fedex. I was quite happy, it was the end of the nightmare. I asked for a tracking number but the Air Canada representative was not able to give it to me. I insisted and he told me to wait. I waited some minutes and he told me that Fedex was going to deliver my luggage in less than one hour. It was midnight here in the States and I understood that he was inventing something just in order to get rid of me. I had my bags delivered after 10 days. I will never fly with them again. It has been a nightmare.
RouteVenice to Toronto via Montreal
Date FlownOctober 2017

"should be deemed a low cost airline"

Verified Review | Flew Phoenix to Toronto. This airline should be deemed a low cost airline. The seats are very uncomfortable with little to no padding, hard to sit on for more than an hour. The bathrooms are very worn out. It was very hot and stuffy on this flight, when I had flown on another Rouge flight between Las Vegas and Toronto it was freezing - which leads me to believe their air conditioning systems have two settings, on full blast or off. The entertainment system is a joke. Sometimes you simply can't access it, if you do you find one or two new movies or TV shows, the rest are many years old. The electricity plug did not work and I was told by the attendant - sorry, it's pretty common on these flights. I would try to avoid these planes as much as possible. Unfortunately Air Canada has got us by the throat and only offers Rouge planes to many destinations. Rouge should be offered at half the price of regular Air Canada flights.
RoutePhoenix to Toronto
Date FlownNovember 2017

"great service, great price"

Verified Review | I would like to thank the amazing crew on flight AC1777 from Puerto Plata to Toronto for bringing the Haloween spirit into our Halloween evening flight, greeting passengers with Happy Halloween wishes dressed with Halloween Head bands and giving out candies to passengers. It was very heartwarming, exciting and pleasant and it made me feel so blessed that I live in such a beautiful and rich in tradition country. Maybe I will be lucky to fly with them again on Air Canada Rouge flights. Thank you also to Captain and his assistant. I fly quite often with Air Canada Rouge and as a senior I am very grateful for great service, great price and safe flights.
RoutePuerto Plata to Toronto
Date FlownOctober 2017

"service that made this flight great"

Verified Review | Zurich to Toronto. We had bulkhead seats as my husband is 6 foot 7. They were great for him. Even though the flight had a fair amount of turbulence, the crew kept at it with awesome service. We used the entertainment and liked the selections available to us. For us it was the happy crew and the service that made this flight great. Thanks!
RouteZurich to Toronto
Date FlownOctober 2017

"will fly with this airline again"

Verified Review | Toronto to Amsterdam. This was a great flight with super attentive staff. They really had the service ethic down pat. Our seats were very comfortable and as the flight was fairly quiet. The take off and landing were easy and we both arrived as refreshed as you could expect. We will fly with this airline again!
RouteToronto to Amsterdam

"no wifi and no TV"

Verified Review | Toronto to New York. We were supposed to leave 19:15 they just announce (at 19:40) that we are not taking off until 21:00 at best. My last time flying with these clowns, very bad experience back and forth from New York to Greece and back. Inflight from Toronto to Athens no wifi and no TV set same at the return flight.
RouteToronto to New York

"I was very satisfied"

Verified Review | Toronto to Athens. This flight was booked as part of a package tour for us from Toronto to Athens. After reading all the poor reviews about Rouge, I took the flight with great trepidation I need not have worried, our flight to Athens and back was on time, the cabin staff were the usual courteous helpful people that we normally find on Air Canada, seating was the compact format that one finds on an economy flight but I have known worse. The food was about normal for inflight food. Only the entertainment was worse with the need for your own device and a special AP preloaded. The plane was clean and as comfortable as one can expect from an older aircraft where the seats have been well used. On the whole I was very satisfied knowing that I was saving money on an economy air line.
RouteToronto to Athens
Date FlownOctober 2017

"think it is time for a change"

Verified Review | Toronto to Saint Lucia. I have been flying Air Canada for over 40 years and for at least the last 20 years the breakfast has been the parsley omelette with chicken sausage. I think it is time for a change I believe it would be a welcome change to many passengers.
RouteToronto to Saint Lucia

"unbelievably bad experience"

Verified Review | Unbelievably bad experience. No movies or WiFi in the 10h flight from Toronto to Athens. The food was below average (chicken or pasta were the choices). They did not offer any wine or beer with the food (unless you purchase it and still they won't accept Discover credit cards). They let you know onboard that you may see some movies via an app which you should have downloaded while on the ground. The only good about my trip was that we arrived 1h early. I'm not going to fly with them anymore.
RouteNew York to Athens via Toronto