Tigerair  Passenger Reviews and Tigerair Customer Trip Reports

Tigerair Customer review :  25 September 2013 by G Laughton    (Australia)

Very poor service Tiger. Queued for 20 minutes in Melbourne to be told my flight to Adelaide was cancelled and I was being transferred to a Virgin flight an hour later. No email no SMS but Tiger had both details. Queued for 20 minutes at Virgin - no need to wait for Tiger to send the details through. Come back at 9am to Service Desk. Went to Service Desk at 9am 30 minutes later again finally get a boarding pass. Contacts in Adelaide very put out by the change of timing. Returning next day. All looked good. Until just before boarding was due 50-60 minute delay announced, only partially due to the bad weather that came in.

Tigerair Customer review :  16 September 2013 by A Wichman    (Australia)

Cheap airfares. Great customer service. Flew from Brisbane to Sydney, kiosk at Brisbane airport was great, quick and easy - flight was on time to Sydney, flew back from Sydney, no kiosk so had to wait in line which was a bit of a wait. Flight was like Jetstar and Virgin Australia other than smaller seats but I saved $500 on my 1 day trip to Sydney flying with Tiger as the other airlines were at ridiculous prices. Definitely would fly again with them, Staff were great. We arrived at airport 1.5hrs before flight so we would not have any problems. No problems at all.

Tigerair Customer review :  11 September 2013 by Joanna Halley    (Philippines)

Flew from Kalibo to Manila yesterday. The woman behind me never switched off her phone for the whole flight and the woman in front of me was happily watching her iPad to relieve the boredom of take off. Staff couldn't have cared less after I pointed it out to them. The woman watching the iPad during take off had it sitting on her tray table. Safety regulations are made for a reason I assume and not a choice for the passenger to choose to follow.

Tigerair Customer review :  9 September 2013 by N Lim    (Singapore)

SIN-TPE return. As this is a budget airline, I was not expecting any superb service as you get what you pay for. However, I would not fly again on Tiger Air for a flight more than 2 hours as the SIN-TPE route which takes 4.5 hours was very uncomfortable with the very crammed legroom. I needed assistance from the cabin crew and when I walked to the front of the plane, found the crew to be sleeping. Overall, it's one of the cheapest airlines to fly and by not expecting service standards to be like the standards of the normal full-fare airlines, you will get along fine.

Tigerair Customer review :  30 August 2013 by N Sutherland    (UK)

Bangkok - Clark round trip. Due to their dreadful on time record over the past 12 months it seems like Tiger have had enough of SE Air operating this service and it's now a Tigerair operated route. Bang on time departures and early arrivals on both flights (something the SE Air never managed). The aircraft is the same but the Cabin Crew are in Tiger uniforms. Hopefully the reliability (and the low prices) will be maintained.

Tigerair Customer review :  29 August 2013 by G Pasternak    (Australia)

Read a lot of bad reviews about Tiger and was hesitant to give them a try. However, with a deal I could not refuse, my fiancé and I flew from Gold Coast to Sydney. On arrival at the airport we were upgraded to Emergency row seats for free. The aircraft left the gate on time and arrived in Sydney 5 minutes early. Flight attendants were very pleasant. Would fly again.

Tigerair Customer review :  20 August 2013 by V Sitaraman    (India)

17 Aug 13, Flight TR2639 from Chennai to Singapore and flight TR2204 from Singapore to Bandung. Both flights left on time. First flight arrived 25 min before time and the second arrived 5 min before time. Check in at Chennai was slow probably because I arrived 150 min before departure. Only two counters were open. The third counter opened after 20 minutes. In all, it took 40 min to check in. For both flights I had booked seats on the first row at some cost but it seemed to be worth the money. There was no one else in the first row on both flights although the flights were quite full. Crew was very friendly on both flights. Tiger now transfer baggage between many connecting flights at SIN (for a USD 13 transfer fee) and this does away with the hassle of passing through immigration, retrieving baggage and checking in again.

Tigerair Customer review :  20 August 2013 by Julie Evans    (Australia)

Two Tiger flights. Sydney to Mackay and Mackay to Melbourne. Inflight staff on both flights were extremely happy and friendly making both flights very enjoyable. One flight arrived early, the second flight was late, but pilot and staff were very apologetic, But all went well. A good safe flight.

Tigerair Customer review :  16 August 2013 by Babette Graham    (Australia)

Return flight Melbourne to Cairns as family of 4 travelling with 2 kids under 2. Bags slightly overweight at check in, lady told us we had to re-pack and then do the full line up again (about 45 min). We protested (just wanted to take things out right there and then instead of lining up again with 2 babies) and whilst she was gone to look for her manager, took a couple of items out into hand luggage so weight was fine. She seemed surprised at us able to do it quickly and processed us. She just followed process, but it wasn't very customer orientated, nor efficient as we ended up waiting for her return as did everyone else in the line up. Return flight was fully booked with the exception of 1 seat which the check-in manager strategically placed between my husband and myself so we got 3 seats for the 4 of us which made all the difference (to us as we'll as the poor person who would have been sat next to us). Staff very friendly, very reasonable fares, pretty much on time both ways. Baggage claim on arrival in Melbourne tough as no staff around and 2 adults + 2 babies + suitcases + hand luggage + buggy and carseat difficult to get through gates without help. Had to ask other passengers for assistance. All in all great value for money!

Tigerair Customer review :  13 August 2013 by R Cooper    (Australia)

Flew Tiger to Melbourne, arrived only a little late, and then endured the most horrendous 25 minutes waiting for luggage to be unloaded. Trapped in a wire enclosed area with a one way revolving gate - any passenger who left couldn't get back in. Couldn't leave without luggage, no staff at all present, just a lot of shocked looking people. Never again.

Tigerair Customer review :  12 August 2013 by Mark Thompson    (Australia)

First time flying on Tiger and we flew from the Sunshine coast to Melbourne return, I was impressed with the contact and confirmation via email, price $59.00 each way (booked 4 months earlier). Service attendants friendly nature, cleanliness of the planes and departure time (only 10 minutes late both ways ). The seating is fine, we were lucky to be seated in the emergency exit for the first flight, snack variety and price as per normal low cost airlines, I would recommend Tiger and with the option of flying from either Brisbane or the Sunshine Coast have a great advantage of finding a cheap fare to Melbourne.

Tigerair Customer review :  7 August 2013 by Jon Zdricolei    (Australia)

I took advantage of an early promotion and booked 6 months in advance, family return tickets Melbourne-Sydney. Three weeks before the flight Tiger changed both fly out, fly in times, to later times, thus cutting short the planned activities. The flight out was reasonably on time (late 20 mins). One day before the return flight someone phoned me and told me the flight was cancelled and I was offered either 8.45 am or 4 pm, as opposed to 7.55 pm. Considering the early check-in and travel to the airport, this change wasted my entire day (Monday). Adding to the fact the total cost wasn't greatly cheaper then Virgin (my mistake for not checking the taxes and fees), I know that was the last time I flew Tiger.

Tigerair Customer review :  29 July 2013 by P McLean    (Australia)

We found Tiger to be a great airline when traveling from Singapore to Hanoi. The check-in was great with early check-in available at Singapore airport, We had purchased Board-Me-First which is a definite advantage and we found the in-flight staff to be lovely. We would fly Tiger again.

Tigerair Customer review :  25 July 2013 by J Hauge    (Denmark)

Route DPS-SIN, RI834. Flight was late and it seemed that crew did not care - boarding and after boarding was slow and inefficient. First 1 hour late, boarding added 45 minutes to the delay. To my surprise its not permitted to consume beverage or food that is not purchased on the plane. Check-in granted a connect in Singapore to our next flight, but it turned out not to be the case on arrival.