Tigerair  Passenger Reviews and Tigerair Customer Trip Reports

Tigerair Customer review :  2 January 2014 by M Higgins    (Australia)

Rescheduled our families flights from Coffs Harbour to Melbourne and they didn't even meet up! Then refused refund, had to book a Jetstar flight Melbourne to Sydney at 0800 on New years day to meet our Tiger connection. On the way down the plane was 1 hour late and they reluctantly rescheduled us to arrive in Melbourne at 11.00 at night, charging us $255.00 for the privilege, even though it was their fault! Originally they had suggested we stay overnight at the airport! Angry and dissatisfied. Ended up costing more than if I had booked with a reputable airline.

Tigerair Customer review :  31 December 2013 by R Sabani    (Australia)

Very bad service and extreme delays, they cancelled our flight TT506 from Melbourne to Sydney on 30 December 2013 without any prior notice, rescheduled us on a later flight at 12.50pm which was later delayed until 2.25pm while keeping the passengers completely in the dark facing rude and uncooperative staff. I will never fly on this airline again. Note: the price of the ticket was not even cheap, it cost AUD250 for a return ticket from Melbourne to Sydney.

Tigerair Customer review :  20 December 2013 by Jinny Keegan    (New Zealand)

We were pleasantly surprised to have a great flight and service with Tiger airways - after reading many negative comments. Lovely new clean plane, friendly staff, flights on time from Melbourne to Gold Coast and back. Will definitely use Tiger again.

Tigerair Customer review :  6 December 2013 by C Gaunson    (Australia)

Arrived 30 seconds late for flight to Melbourne from Perth, check-in was closed and they weren't even there to handle any customers that walked up, I had to speak to them from the gate. After pleading to let me on, they didn't budge at all. Only travelling with hand luggage, they told me to wait at the counter, and after the flight is gone they would rebook me on the next available flight for $85. I will never book another flight with Tiger. My flight also left 10 mins late. Even a budget airline should care about it's customers, we always have a choice.

Tigerair Customer review :  2 December 2013 by H Gay    (USA)

Never again will I fly with Tigerair. I've flown with them three times now and only once did they weigh my carry on. I had to throw out half of the things in my bag and put on the majority of my clothes to avoid a $90 charge. They then threatened to deny me boarding if I tried to take off any of my 8 pairs of clothes I had on and put them back in my bag. They were not just rude to me, but the majority of the people checking in. They are definitely lacking in customer service. I missed a different flight with them and had to pay $85 to catch the next flight. Charging a fee to switch a flight is expected but I only paid $68 for the ticket, so $85 to switch was a little steep. The plane was not comfortable and on one of my flights the power on the plane went out when we landed. Not a comforting thing to happen.

Tigerair Customer review :  2 December 2013 by B Vincent    (Australia)

I booked Bangkok to Clark with Tiger Air Philippines (ex SEair) early November after Air Asia cancelled my original flights. The flight was re-timed once after I booked it, but on the day operated absolutely on schedule. Cabin interior was spotless, crew were friendly and even the seat pitch was decent. My only criticism is of the pricing of in-flight food - the prices are in PHP but if you want to pay in Thai Baht you pay the same figure (1PHP = 1THB) - a 35% hit which means a small bag of nuts can cost you over $8! Bring Pesos, or bring your own food.

Tigerair Customer review :  22 November 2013 by A Lim    (Singapore)

Flew SIN-BKK and BKK-SIN. Both trips were smooth. Will fly with Tiger again for my regional trips. Cheapest and value for money.

Tigerair Customer review :  22 November 2013 by P Wong    (Malaysia)

SIN-CGK, SIN-HKG-SIN. A good experience with a low cost airline. The seat was comfortable compared to other low cost airlines but a little bit small legroom. Staff was friendly for both flight. Recommend flying with Tiger Airways especially for a great promotion.

Tigerair Customer review :  8 November 2013 by P Hancock    (USA)

Will never consider flying them again. Was refused check-in for being 5 mins past their 45 min cut off. This may have been almost understandable apart from the fact that the flight left 25 min late due to an earlier problem.

Tigerair Customer review :  6 November 2013 by S Stefanovska    (Australia)

Mackay to Melbourne. 2nd November, Flight TT383. Fantastic airline, smooth transition, refused to go back with Jetstar because of a bumpy experience and noisy aircraft with Jetstar. From checking in with Tiger to landing, great staff on board and a great pilot, smooth flight all the way, don't understand why they have such a low rating. Will go with them again.

Tigerair Customer review :  1 November 2013 by S Stephen    (Thailand)

First time flying with Tigerair. BKK-SIN-JOG. Thanks to Tiger Connect easy transit in Singapore. Both flights were on time and the I had a meal as well, the food was really good. The only problem is I cannot check in online. However the check-in in Bangkok was really efficient. All crew were polite and friendly.

Tigerair Customer review :  19 October 2013 by L Woods    (Australia)

My husband was meant to fly down to Melbourne to join me today for a 'cheap' weekend away. After taking half a day off work to travel to Sydney for the flight, he was told upon arrival that the flight was cancelled and there was not another flight available until the following morning. The staff said they sent a text and email on the day of departure advising of the cancellation - neither of which was received! A cheap weekend has now become a lonely weekend as we could not afford the extra $200 that a last minute flight with another airline would have cost. The staff were not at all apologetic. A sorry would have helped a bit but the attitude was tough luck - you chose Tiger. I will never fly Tiger again.

Tigerair Customer review :  19 October 2013 by Ikhmal Firdaus    (Malaysia)

KUL-SIN-KUL. A nice budget airline compared to other airlines. The queues were quick and easy during check in and staff also friendly. Prices were also reasonable.

Tigerair Customer review :  17 October 2013 by Stephen Jones    (Australia)

HBA-MEL. On arrival at the airport, there was no queue at check in. Offered emergency exit row, which was gratefully appreciated. Advised at check in that it was expected to be a 15 minute delay, which turned out to be 6 minutes in the end (Jetstar on the other hand was running about 90 min late per flight that night). Service on board was great, staff were friendly. Comfy seats and a great new menu.

Tigerair Customer review :  3 October 2013 by C Zopp    (Australia)

I took family to Cairns from Sydney It was the first time I have flown Tiger. I paid extra to choose a particular seat so I could get extra legroom on the 3 hour flight. I booked 2 seats each way and paid an extra $100 for the privilege. Out of Sydney I did not check my seat until I got into the plane. Of course we were not given the seats we had paid for. I raised this with the cabin staff and was told that they could do nothing about it. After a lovely holiday I checked in for the return flight and raised the issue of the seats. I was told that I could not have the seats because I was flying with a 14 year old who was seated behind me. Tiger knew the ages of the family yet took the $$$$. Of course they say the seat booking fee is non refundable I feel ripped off - Never again will I fly Tiger.