Thomas Cook Airlines Customer Reviews and Passenger Trip Reports

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  30 July 2013 by Richard Smith    (UK)

I have come back from Cuba having pre booked my seats, booked extra legroom going out and upgraded to premium seats coming back. When I was checking in at Manchester they told me I shouldn't have been issued this seat and couldn't have that seat. Coming back, I had to wait until nearly everyone had checked in, to be told I couldn't have the seat that I had paid extra for. This was my first package holiday with Thomas Cook and will be my last.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2013 by Alexander Williamson    (UK)

Flight out from Glasgow was supposed to depart at 16.35 on 4th July 2013, but were told bluntly during check in that there should be further updates at 7pm. No staff available for updates and garbled announcements from Glasgow airports world class PA system. Eventually we managed to get an explanation of sorts from a TC manager at around 9.30pm (5 hour delay). Everyone was just glad we were finally on our way to Antalya, but the staff of TC really love rubbing salt in your wounds. Will not use again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  15 July 2013 by Ian Clarke    (UK)

Travelled to Cuba on 28th June, TCX174 and returned on 12th July, TCX 175. Booked extra legroom seats on row 30 they were excellent, cabin crew were outstanding, we even left Cuba 30 mins early which is a first.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  11 July 2013 by L Andrews    (UK)

Flew in March from Newcastle to Lanzarote, myself, my partner and 2 granddaughters. The check-in at NEW was fantastic, straight through and up to departure lounge, all staff excellent. On return check-in not so good but nothing to do with Thomas Cook, only downside - not enough room between seats. Flight back I had ordered champagne as it was my partners birthday, brought to us chilled and even gave my granddaughters sparkling soft drinks. The cabin staff made a lovely finish to a lovely holiday.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  11 July 2013 by S Blunden    (Canada)

Flew TCX1054, Gatwick to Corfu and TCX 1055 Corfu to Gatwick end of June, early July 2013 travelling as a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids). Both flights ran on time with no problems and overall flights were comfortable. Amazed at how quickly TCX can board a plane. Seats are a bit cramped, but the planes were clean. This airline is all about the extra revenue from onboard sales and pre-flight sales - drinks, snacks, duty free, bingo cards, meals, seat selection. Was disappointed that there was little to no free beverage service. Cabin crew were friendly and attentive. No in flight entertainment, but given it was only a 2 hr 45 min flight - we were ok. Two main complaints. 1) Extra baggage fee. I tried to check-in on line the night before and add an extra bag for 19 and it wouldn't let me check-in on line so I though I could just deal with it at Gatwick. When I did, they told me the fee was now 60 as it was considered excess baggage at check-in! 2) Baggage retrieval at Gatwick. Not sure if this was TCX's fault or not, but we landed in Gatwick early and waited 1.5 hours to get our bags.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  11 July 2013 by C J Jones    (UK)

We were put on this 5.5 flight to Hurghada. Food was disgusting, omelette, sausage and congealed baked beans, dry bread roll (no butter) and this is supposed to be James Martin cuisine! To top it all every passenger got given the food even if they had not paid for it. Children did not even get child's meal, they got the same. Plane was not clean and was the worst flight ever. The outbound flight was with Titan Airlines not Thomas Cook as we booked. Homeward flight was with Thomas Cook and was much better. We travelled out on 2 July 2013 for 1 week. My daughter flew out the week before and had similar issues.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  4 July 2013 by Noni Hodgson    (UK)

TCX472 outbound, 14th June 2013, inbound TCX 127, 1st July Manchester Sanford - Orlando. No customer care whatsoever. Flight out my seat had been slashed. They forgot to load headsets so no inflight entertainment and even though we had ordered food and were only on row 13 they had run out of chicken and only had Bangers and Mash. Return flight so far is nearly 4 hours late with no explanation and. Paltry $8 food allowance. They even weighed our hand luggage and made us swap it to our cases which were under all for 1 killo. They need training in customer services badly.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  2 July 2013 by M Allen    (UK)

Manchester - Kefalonia - Manchester June 2013. Both outbound and return flights left on time. I pre-booked extra leg room seats and these were allocated on check in as per my booking. The 757-200 aircraft was slightly old inside, but with leather seats. Crew were polite, efficient and very friendly with passengers. I would imagine that had I not booked extra leg room seats it would be a less comfortable flight but really if you have that much of an issue with leg room simply pay 25 for a seat with extra room and enjoy the flight rather than moan about it. There was one bar service each way but the crew would also get drinks for passengers on request later in the flight, so everyone was happy. We had meals included for free as part of our holiday package. Outbound was a choice of Tikka Masala or Beef Bourguignon and return was Tarragon Chicken or Roast Beef. They have been created by Chef James Martin and whilst they were OK I wouldn't be impressed if I had paid for these meals, pretty basic. A small selection of TV programmes were show on overhead screens but I didn't watch these as the flight was only 3 hours. Overall, excellent flights on Thomas Cook. Hopefully when their new aircraft arrive over the next few years to replace older aircraft the cabin will feel more up to date.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  2 July 2013 by S Llewelyn    (UK)

Flew to Tenerife out of Cardiff on 17 May, flight took off on time excellent staff, home bound flight took off early excellent flight attendants, again tasty food - no complaints. Thomas cook gives you a rep on you transfers which other companies do not.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  1 July 2013 by G Baker    (UK)

Outbound: Gatwick - Sharm, TCX1952, 9 Apr 13. Return: Sharm - Gatwick, TCX1953, 16 Apr 13. Never again Thomas Cook, never again. Last year due to work and luckily for me 4 holidays, l flew 38 international flights using BA, Emirates to EasyJet and Ryanair. At the bottom of the pile is Thomas Cook. Cramped beyond belief, my knees jammed against and under the seat in front of me for a 5.5hr flight from LGW to Sharm. They have even moved the magazine rack so its level with your face just so they can gain another inch so your knees are actually embedded into the sest in front of you. No IFE, food worst than McD's, no free water and FA who treated you no better than cattle. And they call it shorthaul. Looking at going to Florida next year, won't be with Thomas Cook that's for sure. The most awful service l have experienced.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  29 June 2013 by S Howlett    (UK)

2 hours late out of Gatwick to Antalya due to faulty door. Return flight 9 hours late. Was it a coincidence airbus not available after incident at Manchester earlier in week. Felt sorry for reps at airport as they were kept in dark. Why not tell pax the truth and company would get less hassle. Pax split between two aircraft. Replacement aircraft operated by Titan who were excellent. Thomas Cook didn't seem to care. Will think very carefully before flying Thomas Cook again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  29 June 2013 by Katie Carpenter    (Scotland)

Flight from Bulgaria to Glasgow, 25th June 2013. First got to leave early due to all passengers on the plane so very pleased arrived back home 45 minutes earlier than expected. Got extra legroom seats at the front of the cabin, this was the middle of the night and the plane was freezing, when asked if they had a blanket or something I could purchase was told "no" that was it. I can deal with cold weather but my feet, arms and face were almost blue it was the security at passport control that asked if I was okay. I asked then if I could move seat due to the plane not being busy but was told no due to safety, that is all fair and well but bring ice cold on a plane isn't the best thing. Never again will I be travelling with Thomas Cook Airlines and will definitely not recommend to a friend.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  27 June 2013 by Michael Ford    (UK)

Flew Manchester to Lanzarote and back in May 2013. Two excellent flights, both on time. Cabin crew were very friendly and helpful, inflight meals were great, and plenty of leg space. The only down side is limited entertainment on short haul flights. I've no idea why people seem to complain about some of the things mentioned in other reviews. I've flown with TC several times now and will continue to do so.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  27 June 2013 by J Broady    (UK)

13th June, Manchester to Palma. Departure slightly delayed due to volume of traffic at MAN. I opted for an 'adult bundle' of hold baggage, seat selection and meal. I'd printed out my boarding card, so used bag drop at a heaving Manchester Terminal 1 - very quick and easy. The cost of this was a lot more reasonable than charges which would have been levied by other airlines (low cost). Meal was excellent, cabin service and sales not too intrusive. It's been a long time since I've used a traditional charter carrier, I will certainly do so again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  23 June 2013 by L Harkness    (UK)

8th June, Manchester to Antalya, TCX2538. 15th June, Antalya to Manchester, TCX2539. Just used Thomas Cook to fly to Turkey and back, absolutely disgusted at how dirty the plane was, old food between the seats and by old and mean months old, food in the gaps on the floor, I opened my table and more food! Staff great, pilot - perfect flight, great take off and landing both ways, but I couldn't get past the filth! Will never fly Thomas Cook again!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  27 June 2013 by Colin Sparkes    (UK)

7 June, Outward journey to Antalya delayed, eventually travellers divided into 2 smaller planes first flight out delayed over 5 hrs, second nearer to 8hrs. Total chaos luggage loaded but no relationship to travellers on flight. Poor communication at Gatwick, tannoy announcements could not be heard. Nobody at Antalya to assist reps made the excuse that they couldn't access airside but really didn't bother. Luggage arrived late on the 8th. Return journey not much better 3 hrs late despite assurances no delay. Final straw luggage delayed well over an 90 mins with some excuse relating to off line activity whatever that means.