Thomas Cook Airlines Customer Reviews and Passenger Trip Reports

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  7 June 2014 by Anthony Bowet    (UK)

TCX 6536/7,28/5/14 and 4/6/14. Superb! Had the pleasure of a brand new A321 from Newcastle to Sharm. Crew excellent on both legs and the aircraft was excellent inside and out. What a brilliant flight!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  6 June 2014 by Richard Wylie    (UK)

East Midlands to Antalya and return in May / June 2014. We pre booked our family seats together which worked fine. I'm 6'5", my eldest son is 6'6" and my wife is 6'1" but we couldn't pre book the extra leg room seats as we had children with us - fair enough. However, the seats were very very cramped for us, we literally couldn't move. The row in front was the extra leg room seats and was empty so once the flight was airborne we asked if a couple of us could sit in them. Guess what, we were told to pay for them if we wanted to move despite having already paid for pre booking our seats, and I would suggest being unsafely jammed in our seats. So, as I wouldn't pay again, we sat like sardines looking at empty spacious seats in front of us all the way. There was nothing available without paying. No water, no headphones etc. What I found most unbelievable was that when the cabin was cold and people asked for blankets they were told to buy them at 5 each as part of the "comfort pack". You are constantly sold to. Drinks, comfort packs, snacks, headphones, duty free, scratch cards. It's cringe-worthy. I could stomach it more if TC was a budget airline but it isn't.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  5 June 2014 by M Wakelin    (UK)

Travelled to Cuba paid for premium seats. What a joke - queues for toilets, rudest staff I've ever met. Food very poor, 4 for a small beer. I will use First Choice next time their in a different class. If your thinking of booking with Thomas Cook - don't.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  3 June 2014 by Julie Monroe    (UK)

TCX1326 and TCX1327, 30/05/14 to 06/06/14. First time flying with Thomas Cook after always using economy airlines like Airtours and Ryanair and I am experiencing a 4 hour delay, paid extra thinking that a package holiday was stress free and now think my money was not well spent. Airtours or Ryanair for me next time!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  3 June 2014 by Sarah Hollingsworth    (UK)

We booked a week in Altinkum which ended 30th May 2014, my partner, myself and his 2 girls got picked up from hotel at 9am for transfer to airport, on arrival other passengers on bus told us that they were told yesterday that our plane TCX 1603 will be delayed by 6hrs, when we looked on board it was now 10hr delay. We asked for a Thomas Cook rep but was told as it was a military airport, no reps allowed inside departures. No one giving us any answers, we asked for refreshments and was bought cheese + tomato sandwich and a drink at 1pm. Thomas Cook Rep arrived at 1pm but would not come down to see us, we eventually took off at 8.10pm only to be told as we approached Gatwick at 9.50pm that we were now being diverted to Birmingham airport, the pilot gave the reason that they needed the plane at Birmingham to take holidaymakers to Corfu to avoid a late departure. Was told a Thomas Cook rep would meet us and direct us to coaches to take us back to Gatwick, no one appeared and had to wander outside with luggage and children to find our own coach got to Gatwick at 2.30am. What should have been a 4hr flight ended up being 20hr journey home.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  26 May 2014 by Victoria Champion    (UK)

Can't fault the plane or cabin staff service. However when we checked in at Orlando international airport our bags were 4KG over, we were happy to pay (no problem at all) However they then told us that they have no card machines at all and could only accept cash! I find this hard to believe in this day and age how a big company cannot have a card machine. We explained to the check in assistant that we only had a credit card that would not let us take cash of it. Her response was "that's not my problem". We then had to wait 30 minutes for our cases to be brought back to us and we're given no alternative but to throw away things from our case or we were told they would not go on the plane.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  25 May 2014 by C Jones    (UK)

Manchester-Holguin May 2014, A330. Good leg room, friendly helpful staff, great food including Cornish clotted cream for afternoon tea. The pilot was very good-pointing out sights and offering reassurance when we encountered turbulence. When you think about the value for money-flying transatlantic and then 2 weeks all inclusive it's incredible we don't have to fly the plane ourselves for that price.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  22 May 2014 by L McGregor    (UK)

My partner and me travelled on Thomas Cook returning to Glasgow from Rhodes on 21st May 2014 11.35pm. We arrived at Rhodes departure lounge 4hrs prior To our departure time. We did not expect at this time to be booked onto our flight home. However, due to various check in problems with Thomas Cook and a faulty Carousel we were not given our seat allocation until an hour before departure time. We were allocated row 30 next to the toilets. The seat pitch on these planes are horrendous. The man in front was 6'4" and finding this situation intolerable, as we were unable to move our seat backward and our space was compromised and claustrophobic. This gentleman was moved to A seat at the front of the aircraft. After a 4hr flight sitting in close proximity of the toilets was disgusting to say the least. I will never again fly with Thomas Cook I lodged a complaint with Cabin staff.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  20 May 2014 by N Hilton    (UK)

Dalaman to Manchester. Booked months ago and paid higher fare for afternoon return to avoid late night flight due to elderly relative in our party. Three weeks after booking, our flight was subject to a "minor change" from 14.40pm to 21.20pm. Whilst on the actual holiday it was further altered from 21.20pm to 22.45pm. Third time they have done this and ruined our holidays, never again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  19 May 2014 by L Clark    (UK)

Manchester flight to Dalaman on an A330 and return also an A330. Both aircraft were filthy. Seats were torn and grubby. Paid for premium cabin on our outbound flight and was pathetic. Seats although had more than enough leg room had seriously narrow seats making very uncomfortable to say the least. Entertainment system was broken throughout the aircraft and even tho we had a Thomas Cook engineer on board it couldn't be fixed. Pointless having windows due to the amount of condensation between the panels you couldn't see anything. A total lack of interest from cabin crew. Pressed the cabin crew light to have a snotty stewardess come and turn it off only to say we're having a break now so we may come to you after if we have time. It was only a 4 hour flight and only wanted a can of Pepsi. How difficult would that have been for them I wonder? No the return things were even worse. The seat tray was only fastened on at one side and if tried to open it pulled the TV screen out of the seat headrest. Informed a stewardess and my reply was "oh ok" and she happily went on her way? The entire aircraft inside out was seriously dirty to the point it was almost worrying. We paid for a meal each on this return flight and I kid you not it was inedible! English breakfast and a steak and ale pie. The breakfast was nothing like advertised and the pie was burnt slop. There is one good point tho, we only have one more holiday booked with Thomas Cook to endure then everything else has been booked through Thomson holidays. Nice modern clean aircraft with cabin crew who know how to look after their passengers.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  18 May 2014 by C Pigg    (UK)

Went to Cayo Coco in Cuba in March on Premium Economy. The issue was on both legs of the flight, but was disruptive on the return as this was overnight. We paid the extra money to have wider seats so we could rest on the way home as we had a 3 hour drive when we arrived. The issue was that throughout both flights, the toilet at the front of the plane was continually being used by people who weren't seated in Premium Economy and that there was a constant queue near us on the way out, but more annoyingly on the way back, the curtain across the galley was being continuously opened and closed and so the light stopped me sleeping. This was annoying as there are a block of toilets in the middle of the plane and on previous TC flights, only people in Premium Economy have been able to use the toilet at the front. I would not fly with Thomas Cook Airlines again because of this.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  11 May 2014 by J Mealey    (UK)

We recently travelled to Almeria in Spain as a couple for a short holiday. We stayed in Roquetas de Mar and couldn't fault the resort, however on the return flight with Thomas Cook I opted to purchase a hot meal. I selected Beef and Ale Pie which was described as a delicious savoury pie topped with puff pastry, what I actually received was a disgusting brown mess. This meal cost me 5.50. I presume Thomas Cook employ people to taste and vet their products and suggest that whoever allowed this particular item to be included ion the In-flight menu should be relieved of their position.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  8 May 2014 by R Reid    (UK)

Gatwick to Enfidha return. Flight out was a 757-200 with old seating that was cramped, but not too uncomfortable for a 3 hour flight. I find some of the reviews on here amazing - it's a cheap holiday flight, and you get what you pay for! Staff were friendly, polite and efficient, and we got there safely and not uncomfortably. What more can you ask? On the way back the plane was a 757-300 with new seating - a huge improvement, not least as it doesn't recline. Nobody, but nobody, needs to recline on a short haul flight, especially not when the person behind you is already cramped. Removing recline is a brilliant move!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  4 May 2014 by Neal Christine    (UK)

We flew to Fuerteventura in mid April on a Boeing 757, seating was adequate - a very comfortable flight. We had a meal on board which was lovely and staff were very nice. We returned on an airbus which was great, very comfortable with a TV available to watch. Again another lovely meal, would fly with them again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  1 May 2014 by A Hlls    (UK)

Just back from Cuba. I do not understand what people expect, I know you have to buy drinks but on other airlines where they are "free" the price will be added onto to the fare price, at least this way you have the choice whether to spend your money or not. Food was very edible, we booked exit door seats, no problems from this end but arrived at Holguin airport for return flight and found our booked seats had been sold. Very quickly sorted out and we got our seats, staff worked very hard and were pleasant. This is second time with TC and have not been disappointed on either occasion.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  29 April 2014 by J Johnson    (UK)

We flew Cardiff to Orlando. New plane with lots of room. 2x4x2 seating. We came prepared after reading previous reviews. Took our own food and snacks and just bought drinks on board. Films were on demand and was pretty smooth flight with no delays. We were able to use our own headphones on this plane so didn't need to buy them. The flight back was an older plane and had 3x4x3 seating. Films were on a loop but it was a night flight so didn't bother us. Some people unhappy as plane was changed and they had pre booked seats. We didn't pay for this and we were still sat together in good seats so no issue for us. Old style head phone sockets but we had taken some adapters we bought for 70p off amazon so again didn't have to pay for films. For me the most important part of flying is safety. I felt Thomas Cook flew us there and back with minimum turbulence and the cabin crew were all lovely and were around quite a lot. They clear the rubbish quick as well so you don't have it all sitting in front of you for ages. A Cardiff flight was a massive bonus for us as well so would definitely fly Thomas Cook to Orlando again if they go from Cardiff. 2000 cheaper than Virgin so well done Thomas Cook.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  28 April 2014 by M Gregory    (UK)

MAN to FUE return. Outbound on brand new A321 with new style sears. As a 6ft 4 male the leg room was great and the flight was excellent. Only issue was the constant sell but this is the norm now. Return on an old a321 with old style sears. This was really tight and the sooner they revamp them the better. The crew did really well considering a passenger was taken ill. Overall not a bad experience.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  24 April 2014 by J Ratcliffe    (UK)

Travelled in April 2014. Manchester - Orlando and return. Outbound leg on their ex BMI A330 which has been newly refurbished. Massive improvement on their other A330s! 2-4-2 seat configuration is so much better. New improved seats have a generous seat pitch and are designed in such a way that even me as a 6ft+ passenger could stretch my legs out without banging my knees/shins on the seat in front. Plus the adjustable winged headrests meant I could have a snooze without bobbing my head on the passenger next to me's shoulder. On demand PTV had good selection of films, food and cabin crew were good as always. Return flight on one of the original Airtours/Mytravel A330s with the downstairs toilets. 3-3-3 configuration is very tight widthways and the PTVs are tiny and do not operate on demand, all the films are on a loop which is very annoying. If Thomas Cook upgrade all their A330s to the same standard I would be happy to fly with them longhaul anywhere in the world.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  23 April 2014 by P Walker    (UK)

I flew to Banjul in Gambia on a Boeing 757 in November 2013 and again January 2014 and again in February 2013. Food was good. I am 5ft 5 tall, my knees were touching the seat in front. I felt quite claustrophobic. I fly about 5 times a year and this Thomas Cook flight from Manchester on the Boeing 757 is bad. The plane when I flew home in April was a Boeing 767, it seemed to be a new plane, much more comfortable. The Captain was excellent, I could actually hear what he said very clearly, he was very informative. Normally the reception is distorted and I can't understand a word the captain says. Only one problem, a very abusive passenger who also smoked in the toilet. The police were waiting when we landed. The scores for the review is based on my flight home. The scores would have been very low for my outbound flight.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  20 April 2014 by H Aldirmaz    (UK)

I have been travelling 3-4 times a year with Thomas Cook for the last 5 years. Have had 1 delayed flight during this time. I'm going back to Turkey again to visit family in the summer. Thomas Cook prices seem to be more expensive than other airlines but I might be willing to pay the extra as I have no problems with Thomas Cook. Also travel with 2 kids!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2014 by V Stratton    (UK)

I flew back from Egypt yesterday on a 767. It was very uncomfortable. There was very little legroom so the man behind me had his knees resting on the back of my seat so I felt it every time he moved. The seats were very upright and didn't recline which is ridiculous for a 5 hour flight. The seat pockets were just slots that you couldn't put anything in and the tables were tiny and too high for comfort. The TV screens are up on the ceiling but it is hard to tip your head back comfortably in those seats. We were sitting right in the middle of the plane so most of the food, drinks and duty free we wanted had sold out by the time they got to us. I don't want to fly with Thomas Cook again.