Sun Country Airlines Reviews and Sun Country Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Add your Sun Country Airlines Review

No Sun Country Airlines Star Ranking

Sun Country Airlines
6.8 out of 10  6.8 out of 10

SUN COUNTRY AIRLINES Customer review :  20 April 2014 by Marlys Schermer    (USA)

I flew 1st class to MN from Phoenix, AZ on 17th April. I thought due to the upcoming holiday, that it might be might be hard for the stewardess to take care of all our needs. One lady in particular was wonderful during the flight. The flight was fast. I was given access to movies, music, games, etc. My family was very impressed with this airline and its staff.

SUN COUNTRY AIRLINES Customer review :  16 April 2014 by C Edwards    (Canada)

We flew Sun Country MSP-LAS and return in April 2014. Check in was easy and fast, flight service was great. We booked an extra seat so we had a lot of room. For $100 each way, could not beat the service. No incidents with flight. delayed maybe 15 minutes on way back due to late take off from Vegas. Other wise this is a decent airline with great price. I would most definitely recommend this airline to family and friends.

SUN COUNTRY AIRLINES Customer review :  10 April 2014 by B Dow    (USA)

I booked our flights with them 2.5 months in advance, Sun Country calls 6 weeks before the flight saying the flight is cancelled. No assistance from Sun Country at all for a new flight to match my schedule that I need. Sun Country's option - like the new flights we are offering or too bad. I then had to waste another hour searching for new flights at more cost.

SUN COUNTRY AIRLINES Customer review :  7 April 2014 by B Brose    (USA)

Feb 19, Flight 265. Feb 24, Flight 268. Cheery forward-thinking staff made this an airline we will book again. All communicated their personal investment in the success of the company / recognition that customer service is directly related! Good legroom in economy class, great price, direct non-stop flight between Michigan and DC.

SUN COUNTRY AIRLINES Customer review :  11 March 2014 by S Li    (Singapore)

SFO-MSP and MSP-SFO and it was extremely good value for money. The price I paid for the flight was unbeatable at just a little over 100USD one way. It is the best budget airline I have flown. Check in staff in SFO weren't too friendly but got the job done. Flight attendants from SFO to MSP was so so, did minimum of what they needed to do and left us alone. Considering it is a budget airline, they do a drinks service. What impressed me was the number of check in counters that were opened when flying from MSP to SFO. They had 15 counters all manned. Lady at check in counter was very friendly. Got us through in no time. Flight attendants were wonderful. Made sure we had our drinks and comfortable. Provided useful travel information on California.

SUN COUNTRY AIRLINES Customer review :  10 March 2014 by Bucell Regina    (USA)

2/24/14, Boston to Minneapolis, Flight # 252. Minn to Vegas, Flight #107, Vegas to Minn, 2/28/14, flight #102, Minn to Boston flight #253. Service was great. Had 2 friends that needed wheelchairs and never wanted for one. I would recommend. We even had a man that waited with us in Boston for our ride home that was a little late.

SUN COUNTRY AIRLINES Customer review :  4 January 2014 by John Keene    (USA)

I flew from Seattle to Minneapolis to Chicago Midway this past December. All flights were late, no announcements were made until 15 minutes before departure time. Leaving Midway, we were told 15 minutes before the flight that they were waiting for the plane to land. 5 minutes later they told us that after circling the airport for 45 minutes, the plane was turned away by Air Traffic Control due to bad weather. We were forced to stay another night in Chicago at our own expense. While we were waiting in line to get re-booked for the next flight, Frontier landed and disembarked at the gate next to us. We asked why other airlines were still operating and the gate crew were very rude. I will never fly Sun Country again.

SUN COUNTRY AIRLINES Customer review :  2 October 2013 by Cindy Feldhousen    (USA)

The trip from Boston to Las Vegas went without incident though I thought we would never stop driving around the runway. It took us 15 minutes to get to the runway to take off. The same thing happens when you land. Coming into Boston, it took forever to get in position to land. The seats are horribly uncomfortable - no padding at all. The crew were attentive and nice. Sun Country does not give free snacks. $4 for a cheeseburger that is all bread, $3 for boxes of candy.

SUN COUNTRY AIRLINES Customer review :  27 August 2013 by T Schwartz    (USA)

MSP to LAS and the trip out was just fine. Good staff and pilot with no problems. The flight back was just a pain. Leaving Las Vegas we were not informed until we got to the tarmac, we were number 25 of 30 planes in line to depart. The Captain said we would be in the air shortly. One hour later we took off. We then had an in flight emergency which the staff did very well with but the captain said nothing to anyone. We just had the fasten seatbelt the whole flight. We were over an hour late with no concern from the captain nor did anyone see the captain at all after we landed to check on the passenger who had to be rushed to hospital.

SUN COUNTRY AIRLINES Customer review :  23 August 2013 by S Davidson    (USA)

Sun Country is the worst nickel and dime airline I've flown in a long time. They charge you for every single bag. Now they won't even allow you to check-in ahead of time at all, unless you agree to pay for each seat assignment. Plus, they charge more to pay your bag fee at the airport. If you don't pay the fee for a seat assignment, you can't purchase the discounted bag fee online. I'd rather pay a little more up front for a respectable airline, than get hit with all these petty hidden fees on a ticket that was a little cheaper in the first place.

SUN COUNTRY AIRLINES Customer review :  2 August 2013 by Diane Badalich    (USA)

Wed July 31. Asked for aisle or window. Specifically asked if seat reclined as I was not feeling well. It did not and I could only be moved to middle seat after paying extra $25.00! Not very nice!

SUN COUNTRY AIRLINES Customer review :  30 May 2013 by Charles Kennedy    (UK)

Not the cheapest fare for JFK-MSP-SFO but an interesting alternative the usual mainliners. Checked in online and took advantage of an upgrade to (domestic) first class for $290, mostly because I had to get into SF fast and thought this would make it easier to carry my large suitcase as hand luggage, which worked fine although in practise it was a tiny bit too large to fit in the overhead locker but the kind flight attendant was able to stow it in a galley compartment which was helpful. Service inflight was charm personified and was served a very nice open sandwich on a tray with metal cutlery - better than domestic F class on other US carriers. Flights were obviously timed to connect in Minneapolis so 90 mins in the low-cost terminal was painless with excellent view of the busy air traffic out on the runways. Second leg MSP-SFO even more generous food, this time a hot meal full of flavour. Slightly different configurations, first 737-700 had no divider between F and Y, second 737-700 had divider but different seats, actually it was an ex-easyJet aircraft and still had the easyJet seat fabric which was a nice reminder of home. Landed on time (1705) and was off the plane quickly and thus made my appointment in the city at 1800 with time to spare (1750). Will definitely fly this charming airline again.

SUN COUNTRY AIRLINES Customer review :  16 May 2013 by A Webb    (USA)

I fly on Sun Country on a somewhat regular basis and try to fly them whenever possible. On my latest flight to San Diego from MSP, everything went very smoothly. The staff are very attentive and accommodating. The only things that are less than perfect was the seat condition which was a little worn, and the in-flight entertainment is a Digi-Player instead of a seatback screen. Other than that, they are my hometown airline.

SUN COUNTRY AIRLINES Customer review :  1 March 2013 by J Mitzel    (USA)

Round trip from Minneapolis to Puerto Vallarta in February. I had no problems at all. Both flights left on time and arrived early. The crew southbound was friendlier than the one on my return, but both were professional. An airline representative did test my carry-on for size by placing it in the "your bag must fit comfortably in this" contraption in PV. After I removed a large novel from an outer pocket, it fit comfortably and I did not pay anything additional. I frequently see Sun Country employees look the other way when passengers carry on bags that are far larger than the regulations allow. My hunch is that those same passengers skate the rules so often, it feels unfair when someone actually measures their bags. I like this airline and I will certainly fly them again.

SUN COUNTRY AIRLINES Customer review :  21 February 2013 by H Rieken    (USA)

I flew last July from DFW to MSP. Until now, I've never flown First Class, but since this airline's FC was fairly affordable, I decided to give it a shot. I was very satisfied. I did not experience any problems on my flight. I would do it again. The food was good, the seat was plenty big, and the flight attendants were friendly.

SUN COUNTRY AIRLINES Customer review :  20 November 2012 by Sally Brosnihan    (USA)

Flew this past week from JFK to Las Vegas with a connection at MSP. Flights were on time or early and good and uneventful. Flight crews were average. Only free beverages, if you wanted to eat you could have purchased pizza for $6.00, a burger for $5.00, or two hot dogs for $4.00. if the seats got any smaller they would have only been able to transport children under 12. I am a 4 ft 11 woman and I felt crammed in the entire time.

SUN COUNTRY AIRLINES customer review :  13 June 2012 by G Jacobs   (USA)

We were caught in the Sun Country's baggage extortion this last week. We sat with everyone for over an hour waiting for the gate to open. The gate personnel stood there with nothing to do. When they started boarding they seemingly randomly stopped people to measure their bag. Surprise, almost none of the bags fit in the bin. Everyone whose bag was measured stated it was a bag that had fit on several flights. Our bag had been on over 20 flights including the flight into Minneapolis. There was no time to deal with it since we were already boarding. At our destination I counted 31 carryon bags in the carousel. I measured the overhead and closed it was 4 inches bigger than the measuring bin. Each bag at the gate was $25 each.

SUN COUNTRY AIRLINES customer review :  19 May 2012 by R Matlin   (USA)

Flew once with them to DC, had 1.5 hrs wait on a runway in Lansing which was hot, muggy and enormously uncomfortable. Not so much as an "I'm sorry". 3 weeks later I flew again to Phoenix and I'm hit with a startling $100 in baggage fees because my 14-inch carry-on I took just 20 days earlier are no longer considered carry-ons by Sun Country. I was charged $30 for requesting 2 of my seat assignments online. Then, another $80 to get my family's carry-ons back home again! I saved myself $20 by prepaying for my carry-ons online. I did not request seats online. If I had, that would have been yet another $10 or $15 per seat depending on what I chose. $210 later. If my air fare had been really cheap, I could perhaps justify some of these fees, but my tickets were nothing special. I felt completely gouged on top of really mediocre service. Sun Country used to be my go-to airline, but I will never fly this airline again.

SUN COUNTRY AIRLINES customer review :  3 January 2012 by T Merryfield   (USA)

Flew to Minneapolis from Fort Myers. Flight went smoothly. On return flight during boarding, we were informed our pre-paid seats were assigned to someone else. We had received boarding passes at check-in with correct seats on pass but were denied boarding at gate. Seats were booked on 2 weeks before flight. Received new seat assignment at gate. No apologies for Sun Country's error, nor have we received a credit for the pre-paid seats that we lost. Very poor customer service.

SUN COUNTRY AIRLINES customer review :  23 November 2011 by B Wozniak   (USA)

MSP-JFK. On time, not full (I had a whole row to myself.) Smooth and great flight attendants. Sandwich was hot and tasty. Return flight, JFK-MSP, also on time, no hassle check-in, nice flight attendants and free hot dog was tasty. Anyway, both flights clean cabin, restroom good and clean on return flight. One complaint - had to pay more for an aisle or window seat, even though Monday flight was practically empty.

SUN COUNTRY AIRLINES customer review :  3 November 2011 by R Reid   (UK)

JFK-MSP-LAX, very impressed. Both flights on time, and complimentary hot dog and two free beverages served. Staff polite and friendly. On the second leg, I was surprised that the seats were the same grey and orange material as easyjet. Fortunately, they've added more legroom!

SUN COUNTRY AIRLINES customer review :  15 October 2011 by Mike Dorian   (USA)

If you want something cheap, and don't mind having constant delays or+ not being informed about them until the last minute, then Sun Country is the airline for you! I've had several flights with them, and it's been delayed countless of times. I fly enough to know that delays are inevitable, and I do not blame them for this. However, the problem is the lack of communication in their part to inform passengers about these delays. With any other airline, if there is a delay, all I have to do is wait a bit later in my home or office before heading out to the airport. But do not expect the same from them. Passengers find out about about these delays 30 minutes before the flight is supposed to board. The reason I am writing this unfavorable review is because every time, the plane had never left Atlanta and/or another location that is literally 3-4 hours away. That means that while the plane has been sitting somewhere for 2 hours, we are told about it 1 hour later, and according to them, it is only delayed for an hour - which I'll find out later on when they announce another flight delay. I will be paying a couple bucks more from now on to fly with a more professional airline.

SUN COUNTRY AIRLINES customer review :  16 September 2011 by J French   (UK)

Flew from San Francisco to London, very good flight with no problem. Even arrived early into London. Even though our seats were not together they were happy for us to move and sit together.

SUN COUNTRY AIRLINES customer review :  13 September 2011 by R Lee   (USA)

Flew Minneapolis to San Fran. Issues included being unable to check-in online, the breakfast sandwich we received was awful. We were targeted by the gate agent who said our carry-on bags were too large. Regardless, they made us check-in one of our carry-ons, even though there was plenty of overhead room onboard and we could have fit the bag. They have lost my business. I will not take this airline again.

SUN COUNTRY AIRLINES customer review :  4 August 2011 by D Fitz   (USA)

Red Eye from SFO to Boston. Arrived 15 hrs late due to mechanical issues that forced us to land in Wyoming on the way from SFO. We were taken off the plane, but were not kept well informed, customer service did not know what was going on. At one point the TSA agent needed to make an announcement for the pilot and crew while in Wyoming. All in all I was not very satisfied with my trip.

SUN COUNTRY AIRLINES customer review :  1 August 2011 by M Anderson   (UK)

Just did the return London-Minneapolis/St.Paul flight. Excellent on the ground and in air service on both the outbound and return leg. Technical stop in Gander both directions was excellent-no need to take passport/boarding card - it's simply in and out or you can stay on board if you prefer. Gander had a duty free/gift store and a cafe open for us arriving, there's also a smoker's lounge if you need it. Hot meal and light meal service were excellent and free. The rentable digiEplayer service excellent and good value for the $6 you pay. Plenty of legroom and comfortable. The flight attendants were exceptional and very attentive. My reservations about crossing the Atlantic on a B737 are gone. Ground staff did not charge me for an aisle seat or my luggage being slightly over limit either. Flight was on time both directions and Minneapolis/St.Paul Terminal 2 is an excellent facility.

SUN COUNTRY AIRLINES customer review :  30 July 2011 by Eric Newman   (USA)

Just completed the first half of a RT, Seattle-Boston flight. On time arrival, courteous crew, and free hot dogs and drink refills were all appreciated. Plus it was the least expensive flight available, and the route thru Minn/St Paul is more direct than any other one-stop flyer.

SUN COUNTRY AIRLINES customer review :  18 July 2011 by T Mai   (USA)

SEA-BOS round-trip flight, one stop in MSP both times. I was seated in a 737-800 with no seat changes. The crew came around 5-6 times on the flight from MSP-SEA when it was only a 5hr flight. On every trip, the plane was early to arrive by 10-15 mins. I was very impressed that every plane was on time for take off and arrival. Many people complain about the $25 checking fee for bags and I have to say that every airline has a checking fee whether hidden in the ticket price or not. I was very glad that Sun Country is a smaller airline because the flights weren't incredibly crowded. I witnessed a heavier man asking for a seat change due to increase his comfort and the attendants gladly moved him to a different seat on the plane. On my flight from BOS-MSP there was an incident where they double booked 2 seats but otherwise it was pretty smooth.

SUN COUNTRY AIRLINES customer review :  22 May 2011 by S Moran   (USA)

Minneapolis to Las Vegas. When checking in on-line, be aware of the fees tacked on if you want to sit next to your spouse or traveling companion. You can possibly avoid this if you go to the ticketing booth. Boarding procedure at Minneapolis is time consuming. After calling for first class, medical, family, and no carry on, the rest of the plane boards similar to cattle being driven into a chute. Las Vegas boards their planes back to front (first-class, medical, family, and no carry - on go first in that order), and because of this procedure, we enjoyed 15 minutes ahead of published flight time. The staff were fantastic. Excellent service is what sets this airline apart from all the other airlines in Minneapolis. This company has sadly fallen in line with other airlines with regards to pricing and to the bottom line of running an airline. After sending two e-mails, and talking to a customer representative who seemed indifferent to the entire process, can honestly say that we will not fly with this airline in the future.

SUN COUNTRY AIRLINES customer review :  21 May 2011 by K Nagle   (USA)

MSP-LAS ten times in the past five years. Every flight has been great, staff friendly and efficient. I don't care for the checked baggage fees, but that's unfortunately become the norm for just about every airline, and I do miss the free cheeseburgers, but we've still been very happy with their service and planes.

SUN COUNTRY AIRLINES customer review :  22 December 2010 by D Jotwani   (USA)

Minneapolis to San Francisco travelling with my wife and 8 month old son. The staff at the check-in counter very polite and helpful, suggested changes to my overweight bags so that I wouldn't be charged extra for them (saved me USD $75) - they were very patient while I was re- arranging my bags. Cabin crew was courteous and cheerful. Seeing that I had an infant, they offered to seat me in one of the empty rows so that I could get the extra seat for all the childs stuff (diaper bag, food, etc.)

SUN COUNTRY AIRLINES customer review : 29 July 2010 by E McCoy

Customer Rating : 1/5

1 Star Rating

LAX to Minneapolis. This is my first time of flying Sun Country. My daughter and I had a connecting flight. From Manila to LAX we flew Philippines Airlines and from LAX to MSP Sun Country. I was charged $25.00 for each of my checked in baggage. I never had to do this with other airlines. I have fllown NW, American, Delta, etc. for my connecting flight and did not have to pay for my checked in baggage. I explained to the Customer Service Rep that this is my connecting flight but she insisted that I still have to pay because the plane I took for my international flight was not Sun Country. No matter how I explained it, I still paid for all my checked in baggage. To make matter worse, my daughter and I were separated when they assigned seats. I asked that we sit together because she is a minor but I was told by the CSR they can't do that for me and that I just have to wait to see if there are people who would be willing to switch once we get in the plane. No one was willing so my daughter and I were apart. I did not like the CSR. As I was trying to explain the situation, she was smirking and it was very insulting. My daughter mentioned this to me later that she also noticed it. Very rude. I hope I don't have to fly Sun Country again.

SUN COUNTRY AIRLINES customer review : 4 December 2009 by M Smart

Customer Rating : 2/5

2 Star Rating

While attempting to check in the night before departure, we learned that the airline sometime earlier had canceled our non-stop flight and switched us to a stop-over flight that left 45 minutes earlier (requiring a much earlier wake up) and was an hour and a half longer. We got no email advising us of this change. Traveling with small children, the change made for an significant inconvenience. Had we known, we would have purchased non-stop tickets with a different airline for the same price. The airline offered to send us vouchers for $50 in travel at a later date, but that assumes we would fly with them again. Very disappointed.

Sun Country Airlines customer review - by M Zampa

11 May 2009  Customer Trip Rating : 5 Star Rating

MSP to RSW and back. Exceptional service, newer aircraft and on time performance, makes this Minneapolis based carrier my favorite way to travel to Ft Myers and back. First class service is second to none with attentive and smiling attendants, and the service in coach is also above average than what you get with legacy carriers. Both flights on board 737-800 a pleasure to fly, on clean and well maintained aircraft.

Sun Country Airlines customer review - by K Allmann

7 April 2009  Customer Trip Rating : 5 Star Rating

We have flown Sun Country many times. The staff onboard are extremely helpful and polite. We have flown both first-class and coach, and have been treated very well in both locations. The onboard food has been very pleasant. We far prefer Sun Country to Northwest, which is the "big" local carrier. We have been treated rudely on NW, and the service was just not up to the standard that Sun Country has set. We'll continue to fly Sun Country whenever possible. We were a bit nervous after the financial issues of Tom Petters (who ran the parent company that owned quite a bit of the airline) that our flight this spring might be cancelled or affected somehow by the trouble. However, as it turned out, we were every bit as pleased as always.

Sun Country Airlines customer review - by Colin Adams

19 November 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 5 Star Rating

Support this MSP based small airline. Although in Chapter 11 they are operating a full timetable.. Their cabin crews, even though they are currently only receiving 70% of their pay (due to the problems of parent company) could teach cabin crews of all of the legacy carriers serious lessons in courtesy and pleasantness. Flight crews do their bit, keeping flight information flowing from the flight deck. All in all, the sort of experience that takes me back some years when the legacy carriers appreciated my business and tried to get me as a regular customer. On my most recent flight we were 25 minutes late leaving, arrived 10 minutes late but I was out of the aircraft, in my car and away from the terminal within 10 minutes. Their aircraft are modern, clean and as comfortable as you get theses days and their fares are very competitive. During a nearly three hour flight the cabin crew came around twice after the normal drinks round to enquire if passengers needed anything. It didn't appear that there was any "hiding in the galley".

Sun Country Airlines customer review - by Mauro Zampa

13 May 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 5 Star Rating

MSP-RSW return. Genuine concern and commitment to passenger satisfaction and overall customer service is something unheard of today, this airline does it better than most carriers. Comfortable flights left and arrived on time on modern, clean Boeing 737-800 with periodic updates from cockpit on flight progress. Well done Sun Country, I hope reps from the majors are reading this, they ought to take a page or two out this book for a change!

Sun Country Airlines customer review - by C Watzke

19 November 2007  Customer Trip Rating : n/a

Nice terminal, relatively quiet and friendly, fast check-in, clean leather seats (a bit snug, but unless you're in first class, what airline isn't?). Inflight HOT sandwiches (and cookie) with leftovers cheerfully handed out by flight attendants. Flight on schedule, but equally important to me are the attitude and little things and they were tops. I was very impressed by the honesty and efficiency with which they handled the return of my husband's I-POD (left in the magazine rack at his seat on the plane). I reported it lost from home the next day and within an hour I got a call letting me know they had it and where to pick it up. Great catch by the attendant and great customer service by the office people who were friendly and helpful. The overall appearance is that the people who work for Sun Country are happy to be there. I highly recommend Sun Country Airlines. Keep up the good work.

Sun Country Airlines customer review - by Mary Wall
20 March 2007

MSP-Puerto Vallarta. From the moment we checked in at MSP/HHH throughout the flight to PV and returning to MSP a week later we had a great experience with Sun Country Airlines. Flight attendants were consistently friendly on both flights. We have flown Sun Country many, many times and will continue to do so! I look forward to our next trip and flying with Sun Country Airlines!

Sun Country Airlines customer review - by B Hinrichs
1 February 2007

MSP HHH to Las Vegas was perfect - departing and arriving on time. The return flight that was scheduled to arrive at MPLS at 1:00 PM on January 28th; however, it 12 hours late, arriving at 1:00 AM on the 29th. Fortunately, I have family to spend time with away from the airport - some passengers were at the airport 14 hours! I initially arrived at the airport at 6 AM to check my luggage, and then returned again 4 hours before actual departure - because it wasn't certain when the plane would arrive from MPLS, to unload/reload. What made the passengers most angry and frustrated was the fact there were no SunCountry agents at the desk. The delays were not posted on the electronic posting, so no one had a clue what was going on. One passenger finally called Minneapolis Reservations and requested that an agent come to the desk in Las Vegas and update passengers as to what was going on - this didn't happen until 1 hour prior to boarding. Positive side: Attendants were wonderful; food was hot, generous and appreciated.

Sun Country Airlines customer review - by Matthew Chesterton
29 January 2007

I flew sun country to SAN from MSP and back and found SY to be the perfect airline for me. If they only had a Frequent Flier program, and flew to PHL, I would fly them all the time. When you check-in at SAN, you have to use the DL check-in position, and DL gates. You arrive at gate 38 and depart gate 36 in terminal 2. Great Airline!

Sun Country Airlines customer review - by Virginia Miller
19 January 2007

My husband and I flew Sun Country 12-25-06. Early into the flight, an announce-ment was made that there was a CAT loose! We were all asked to look under our seats for the cat. The stewardess and the owner (a young girl) were crawling around in the aisle calling "here kitty". I was very upset, as my husband is extremely allergic to cats, usually breaking out in hives and having difficulty breathing. The cat was found under his seat, but luckily he was in the restroom at the time. I had no idea cats were allowed on the plane! The stewards were quite casual about the whole thing, only that "yes, cats were allowed but hadt o be kept in their cage/container at all times. My questions -- was the owner fined for letting the thing out ? What steps would have been taken had my husband had an attack? Should the other passengers been notified that a cat would be on board?

Sun Country Airlines customer review - by S Douda
3 August 2006

Great customer service from the moment you check-in until the time you leave. Flight Attendants are always friendly, helpful, and smiling. They serve hot sandwiches and cookies on every Flight. Planes are new, clean, and have leather seats. Wonderful experiences with sending my children as unaccompanied minors as well. The kids were boarded last and walked by the Gate Agents to the Flight Attendants and shown to their seats. The kids thought the Flight Attendants were very nice. When they got on, the Flight Attendants introduced themselves, helped them with their luggage, explained where the restrooms were, and got them anything they needed. They were also seated with the other unaccompanied minors; and were able to talk and share coloring books and toys. The were taken off after all the other passengers got off and signed over by the Flight Attendants themselves. Very well done for only, $50 each way. Great service at a low cost. Great little airline!

Sun Country Airlines customer review - by D Johnson
1 July 2006

LAX-MSP-LAX. My wife and I were very pleased with our flights. Friendly and helpful crew, comfortable 737-800, all-in all, found Sun Country better than Northwest for LA-MSP. travel. Only downside is red eye only, but will use again.

Sun Country Airlines customer review - by Joyce Cadwell
24 May 2006

I just finished my 5th. business trip within 3 months, using Sun Country. I fly with a medical Neb for Asthma, and every time the bag was pulled for a check "Good going Sun Country" makes the passenger feel safer that they are doing their job. Even with some delays, they are far superior to the "other" scheduled airlines I have flown on. A pleasant customer service smile goes a long way. Keep up the good work.

Sun Country Airlines customer review - by Wayne Roberts
15 March 2006

Had to opportunity to fly Sun Country for the first time and was very satisfied with the airline. Sun Country provides audio entertainment with either your own L/R adapter and your headphones or they will provide you one for $1. Some services cost extra but are reasonable. Costs: Can of beer (Miller or Bud) $3, Harder drinks (Like Long Island Ice Tea) $5, Traveler pillow and blanket (Yours to keep) $5. Sun Country is one of the best when it comes to the budget airlines, much better then Ted or Air Tran and the service was very friendly. The only problems were the lack of staff at MCO and how the tickets and boarding made you think you were flying Delta. Also the audio entertainment (All 8 channels) repeats every hour. Otherwise the staff helpful and friendly and flight attendants are first rate.

Sun Country Airlines customer review - by Carol Peterson
21 February 2006

We have had occasion to fly Sun Country three times in the last year to three different destinations and home again. Each time has been a very pleasant experience. We are particularly impressed with the airport personnel at the Humphrey Terminal who are on hand to point us in the right direction and to answer questions, always with a friendly attitude. We experienced only one delay -- brought about by weather conditions. Many thanks, Sun Country, for being there!

14 January 2006

SFO-MSP-SFO : a very positive experience. The crew is attentive without being pushy and the value for money is extraordinary. Whenever the seat belt sign comes on there is a booming male recorded voice that makes James Mason's impressions of God seem second class. Since both flights were essentially overnights, this could be toned down a bit. Also, very few pillows for the flight timings. But these are very minor complaints and I will continue to use them when possible.

Sun Country Airlines customer review - by R Erickson
3 January 2006

12/05. First time we flew Sun Country. Big disappointment. 45 minute delay outbound. 3 hour delay return flight. Captain used intercom to apologize for more then bumpy ride. Seating crammed more than normal coach. Counter clerk auctioning off unused 1st class seats on intercom in waiting area. Should be renamed "Slick" airlines.

Sun Country Airlines customer review - by Rachel Ayers
21 December 2005

Minnepaolis to Seattle in December 2005. Direct flights, on time, friendly service, great hot meals, and the cheapest flight out there at only $200/ticket.

Sun Country Airlines customer review - by Karen Pflepsen
20 October 2005

Flew Sun Country from Minneapolis to Las Vegas in October, 2005 and it was a great flight both directions. The flights left and arrived right on time. The staff was friendly and the electronic check-in was very convenient. I was very pleased with the meals served on both flights and I would absolutely rate Sun Country much higher in every category than Northwest.

Sun Country Airlines customer review - by Don Monson
19 August 2005

I have flown with Sun Country 4 or 5 time in the last year and a half and have found everything to be 100% as promised and expected. My flights could not have been more trouble free and at all times have found the flight attendants to be very helpful and friendly.

Sun Country Airlines customer review - by Dennis Doughty
25 July 2005

I have no complaints about the booking, the flight , or inflight service. I have been using Sun Country for several years during visits to the US. The only difficulty is check in at Delta Terminal at JFK, The procedure changes periodically. The lines one is to follow or the exact methodology of check-in are unclear and poorly marked. All in all a minor, but annoying complaint.

Sun Country Airlines customer review - by Tammy L Chapman
23 April 2005

Booked a Sun Country flight for child 13 years of age - which carries an additional charge of $100 ($50 each way) for an unaccompanied minor. Lots of paperwork! List who is picking her up -- they must have a photo ID --- and so on. Flying daughter from Orlando to Minneapolis ... into and out of the Hubert Humphrey terminal. Return flight - was not satisfactory -- and Sun Country does not have signed paper - and daughter notes that no one helped her find seat, no one helped with carry on - and they left her to find her way off of the plane - and to her father -- who saw no one in attendance - and Sun Country does not have anything signed saying the designated person picked her up. So why the charge? Thank goodness it was a direct flight - and who monitors these things. What is the airlines responsibility regarding unaccompanied minors? The job was right on the flight out -- but they really blew it on the return flight ... forget about luggage and carry ons -- this was the most precious cargo they had on the plane (to me). Did they fumble the ball? No - worse, they didn't even know where the game was being played. And evidently couldn't find the ball if it was sitting right in front of them. Shame on Sun Country.

Sun Country Airlines customer review - by Robert Abendschein

21 April 2005

My wife and I flew to Cancun from MSP on April 10th and returned on April 15th 2005. Flight was on time going to and was 20 minutes late on the return trip, only because of the back-up in Cancun. This was the first flight for my wife on a commercial arline and I personally do not like to fly but Sun Country changed our views on flying. Staff was very professional and had a smile for you without even trying. My wife really enjoyed her first flight, I still do not like to fly but when we take our next vacation, guess what, Sun Country will be the first choice. We were totally impressed with you! Thank you for helping make our vacation a most memorable one!! Keep up the great effort!

Sun Country Airlines customer review - by Linda Long

1 February 2005

I have enjoyed flying Sun Country each time I have flown to Minneapolis.! Flight times are good and rarely delayed, service great and the sandwich is a nice touch! I recommend Sun Country highly and only wish they had more flights. Due to the low cost I can travel to visit my grandchildren more often, whenever I have a 3 day weekend!

Sun Country Airlines customer review - by Tammy Rausch

20 January 2005

I would like to share our opinion on Suncountry's methods of changing flight times. We had booked a flight in early in Sept for travel in Jan from MPS to Cozumel. Times were great - then they changed it on Nov 5 - and now they changed it again. We arrive in Cozumel much later Saturday, so we feel SunCountry has cheated us out of 1 vacation day. Also we leave very late the following Saturday. Check out is 12pm and our fight leaves at 8pm so this means we will have pay for 1/2 day stay at the hotel and we will not get into MPS till 1230am Sunday. I don't not think that this is a fair system. We agreed on the time and it worked for our schedules now Suncountry ahs messed things up!! We have never had this happen before!!

23 November 2004

SFO-MSP-SFO Nov. 18-24. Once again I was pleasantly surprised by the flights. The crews were friendly, personable and interested in interaction with passengers. The flight to MSP was on a Transavia 737 with seating pitch designed by Atilla the Hun but I had 3 seats so was able to stretch sideways. I continue to be favorably impressed - especially given the fare.

20 October 2004

MSP-SFO. Flight worked perfectly with schedule requirements and was only $100 as opposed to much more on NW. MSP signage for Humphrey Terminal leaves something to be desired but the overall flight experience was equal to any on a legacy carrier but perhaps with a better attitude. This was my third flight with Sun Country and I have no complaints.