Read Air Pacific Reviews and compare Passenger Reviews

Fiji Airways (formerly Air Pacific) Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Air Pacific Customer review :  31 May 2013 by N George    (Australia)

Flew Brisbane to Nadi 2 weeks ago. Flight cancelled due to operational reasons 4 hours before departure. This was a midnight flight so operational reasons means not enough passengers. Had to pay out of our own pocket an extra nights accommodation. Awful customer service.

Air Pacific Customer review :  29 May 2013 by N Angco    (USA)

Flew in on business class 2 weeks ago and the staff were exceptionally friendly. I was offered food and drinks several times and the menu was quite satisfactory and had a lot of variety. They even placed the table mats for you, I felt very pampered. The seats were very comfortable and there was a lot of room in the cabin. I didn't actually get to finish any in-flight entertainment because I slept for 8 hours straight.

Air Pacific Customer review :  15 May 2013 by Daryl Fenby    (Australia)

Our trip to and from Fiji was at the best, very average. The plane, a Boeing 737 was dated. The food and refreshments were well below what we had expected and the service was so slow. Entertainment head phones didn't work on the way over and on the return flight there was no onboard entertainment.

Air Pacific Customer review :  6 May 2013 by M Kreiga    (Australia)

B747-400 we flew Sydney to Nadi was in very poor condition internally, the seats and entertainment system were barely useable. None of the video screens on headsets of the 7 travellers in our group worked properly. The food took top honours as the most appalling, dried rolls filled with pastes of chicken or tuna. The cabin crew were generous and quick to keep up a steady supply of alcohol, no doubt a ploy to try and make passengers forget their experience. 3.5 hrs was enough, and I feel so sorry for those who cross the pacific for long hours to the USA in their poorly maintained aircraft.

Air Pacific Customer review :  2 May 2013 by M Muller    (Australia)

Recently flew Air Pacific from Sydney to Nadi and return. The 737 was comfortable and the service was fine . Air Pacific provide on their medium haul service a perfectly adequate service.

Air Pacific Customer review :  22 April 2013 by K Antunovic    (USA)

I flew LAX-Nadi-AKL late Dec 2012 when a cyclone hit causing delays. That would have been completely acceptable had they responded in a professional manner. But the awful way in which the situation was dealt with had me lose all sympathy. Hours of delay in both LAX and Nadi Airport. People refusing to answer our questions, or giving us different stories. Only one person working to serve hundreds of delayed passengers! They just didn't care and in Nadi many people were left to sleep on the airport floors. To top that off, I received no response after weeks of communication.

Air Pacific Customer review :  21 March 2013 by Rod Lawlor    (Canada)

Surprised at the poor service provided both at check-in and aboard flight. Also alarmed by the excessive baggage charges per kilo, $20 per kilo for excess bag. Poor experience overall.

Air Pacific Customer review :  1 March 2013 by Ian Kreidich    (USA)

Roundtrip LAX-Nadi-Auckland in Feb. This is a tiny airline that is trying hard to provide good service. We got a great deal on our flights so my expectations were low from the get go. Their 747s are older. They only have 2. One was in better condition than the other. They are being retired this year. The inflight entertainment didn't work on many seats. Sometimes the screen wouldn't turn off so it was hard to sleep with it on. The seats recline perhaps a little too much which I'm guessing is to do with their age. The food is fair. The larger dinner and breakfast food was better than the smaller snacks. Its not as bad as some people have made it out to be on here. I would buy food in the airport if you are picky. They seem to keep their cabins on the warmer side so it was a bit uncomfortable until they lowered the lights for people to sleep. Then the temp got to a comfortable level. Staff were friendly and seemed to care about the airline and their work. Id fly them again on a budget.

Air Pacific Customer review :  1 March 2013 by M Featherstone    (USA)

I flew into LA only to wait 3 days for a flight to NZ! They were terrible at communicating and the problem had been going on for a week. They just kept letting more and more people show up and stand in endless lines and wait in a hotel with hopes of getting on 'the next flight'. We ended up getting to NZ on another airline! Return flight took us from NZ to Fiji where again we spent another 2 days mostly waiting in the endless lines at the hot and dirty airport. In LA missed all connections and had to figure out options without their help. They did nothing to compensate except put us up in a hotel and 1 meal. Stress and waiting not worth it.

Air Pacific Customer review :  28 February 2013 by J Landon    (USA)

The entire trip was a disaster. We arrived in LAX via AA and were given boarding passes for AP. We got all the way to the AP gate and they refused our boarding pass. We had to go all the way back to the AP counter and wait in line for hrs just get a boarding pass. Then plane was 2 hrs late. On the return, we were never notified that our flight was cancelled! We had even gone to the counter early and they said to come back, when we came back they said our flight was cancelled and they did not assist at the counter with new flights. We were stranded! When we were able to call (which took 2 hrs), to get a new flight, the new flight was 3 hrs late! We had horrible seats with no leg room.

Air Pacific Customer review :  18 February 2013 by Bob Yarlett    (UK)

Nadi to LAX today and was pleasantly surprised. Flight was on time, an upgrade was offered to upper deck and my wife and I had 3 seats each, which allowed plenty of room and comfort. The dreaded food box arrived and to be honest, for the time of night was perfectly adequate, sandwich wrap, crisps, coleslaw and a drink. Breakfast was ok as well, entertainment was adequate as well for a night flight. Staff were very good and flight arrived half hour early despite LAX's best efforts to delay us. I would have no problem using them again.

Air Pacific Customer review :  13 February 2013 by S Nair    (New Zealand)

Flight was good, and seats were comfortable enough. The staff were friendly and helpful. The only drawback was the food. I was shocked at the food content and the way it was presented. I have travelled to several countries on different airlines but I have never had food served to me in a cardboard box.

Air Pacific Customer review :  12 February 2013 by F MacKillop    (Australia)

BNE-NAN-BNE. Basically this is an airline that charges full-fare for what is in reality a low-cost business model, to them at least: awful food (a revolting, soggy 'sandwich' of some kind, and a small plastic pot of coleslaw on both the outward and return journey), a cramped, ugly and dirty cabin, toilet doors that do not lock. All this is mentioned in many other reviews. No IFE, apart from the one movie broadcast from overhead. I was not interested in the selection at all. On the positive side, beers, wines and spirits are available, and the crew do try and display the well-known Fijian friendliness and cheerfulness despite working in the same dismal conditions that we are travelling in. My points are mainly for getting us there on time-nay, early even- and in one piece.

Air Pacific Customer review :  4 February 2013 by Barry Allan    (New Zealand)

I chose them simply because they were by far the cheapest. I flew LA-Nadi-Sydney this morning: although this meant a nearly 4hour layover in Fiji, it was actually the same 747 which took me the whole way. Check in was quick and friendly (even Tom Bradley operated favourably for me!) and my first impression of the cabin was that I liked the colour - somewhere between lilac and purple. I had no problems with the seats (although I did have a very large person sitting next to me on the second leg who kind of spilled into me, I fixed that by moving), and they seemed to recline as much as any do. Dinner was fine, the coffee actually tasted better than any other airline coffee I've had. Beer was freely available. I knew that breakfast would not be great, but I don't really eat breakfast anyway. I also knew the IFE was old, so came prepared. But the crew were the stars - full of good humour. Air Pacific is re-branding and has 3 new planes arriving this year, one in March, so grumbles about the 747 will soon be redundant.

Air Pacific Customer review :  29 January 2013 by R Garcia    (Australia)

MEL-NAN-MEL - Departed and arrived on time on both legs. Cabin crew were good. IFE very limited and food for a non-budget airline was beyond a joke. Due to change in circumstances we had to change our return flight, in the end it was cheaper to get a one-way ticket than amend the existing booking. There are limited carriers to Fiji, therefore have few options unless you want to upgrade to business class.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8