Oman Air Passenger Reviews and Oman Air Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6

Oman Air Customer review :  26 June 2014 by P Varley McLeod    (Australia)

I recently flew on frequent flyer points from Bangkok - Muscat. Oman Air is sadly loosing its boutique style. Upon check-in at the business class counter I waited for over 30 minutes while the check-in staff checked economy class passengers in and had them dispute all their luggage. A complete joke and not a single apology by the staff as I stood waiting. The Oman Air lounge is nice but sadly people laying everywhere on the floor and dirty plates. It seemed the staff were intimidated by the passengers. Onboard I felt I was not a guest or passenger but a nuisance. Oman Air use to be amazing. The food, service but now the complete opposite. The toilets seemed to not be cleaned once during the flight and then Muscat Airport. They are building a new airport but this would have to be one of the worst in the Gulf. Sadly Oman Air has gone from been my choice of airline to no more.

Oman Air Customer review :  9 June 2014 by Hamad Alkhudhairy    (Saudi Arabia)

Last week I flew from RUH to FRA, via MCT, flight from Riyadh to Muscat was a normal business class flight, the transfer was very easy, the lounge was quite and nice. The flight from Muscat to Frankfurt was excellent, the service was excellent along with the seat comfort.

Oman Air Customer review :  3 June 2014 by S Damodaran    (India)

MCT-TRV-MCT. Outbound in Business Class. Had an excellent flight from the ground services to staff onboard. Inbound in Economy Class and the services were not bad other than the two toilets allocated to 142 economy pax were over crowded and dirty.

Oman Air Customer review :  17 May 2014 by Paul Heethuis    (The Netherlands)

Milan Malpensa (MXP) to Bangkok (BKK). At check in we received invitation cards for business class lounge in Milan and Muscat. When the formalities were done, staff accompanied us to the business class lounge guiding us through speedlanes for passport control and safety check. A330 business class layout is 1-2-1 so every seat has direct access to the aisles. All seats can be adjusted to a flat bed with seat pitch of 82 inch. Very comfortable. The staff welcomed us in a very friendly way and service during the flight was amazing. Perfect food and very good service. We had to transfer in Muscat and had a pleasant time for 2 hours in the business class lounge in Muscat. Muscat to Bangkok was just as good as the first flight- excellent food and staff. Before landing we received a card for the speedlane which helped us through passport control in no time. We flew back from Bangkok - Mucat - Milan on 21th april and we enjoyed the flight just as much as the previous flights.

Oman Air Customer review :  13 May 2014 by Louie Sami    (UK)

10 May, MCT-DXB. 11 May, DXB-MCT. Both flights full, awful experience. Old planes but crew were helpful. MCT-DXB: Checking agent changed my seat without asking me, from a pre-booked rear window seat to a middle seat on the wing. Flight delayed 30 minutes on a 40 minute flight! Very disappointing. DXB-MCT: Same as above with extra 20 minutes to offload the passengers as they provided one stairs to over 250 passengers as we flew back on A330-200.

Oman Air Customer review :  9 May 2014 by D Walker    (UK)

I travel a lot and I cannot praise Oman Air enough. Staff will do anything to serve your requests, such as extra pillows, extra amenity kits etc. Meals are excellent, and staff are so happy even when you ask them for your 5th drink. On our flight any extra meals were given to the passengers which was very nice. TV's are very large and offer all the latest films. Seat pitch is very large and seats are comfy. Even on our connecting flight from Muscat to DXB we were given a meal and drinks on the short 1 and a bit hour flight.

Oman Air Customer review :  28 April 2014 by P Smith    (USA)

Muscat to Amman, Jordan on WY 413 on 14 April 2014. The flight was full and the seats were cramped and uncomfortable. The service on-board was acceptable. Used the toilets a few times and they were unclean and smelt like a toilet with unknown liquid on the floor. Will avoid flying Oman Air unless there are no other options.

Oman Air Customer review :  23 April 2014 by Tayal Manu    (India)

London to Muscat on flight WY 102 on 17th April and Muscat to Hyderabad on flight WY 231 on 18th April 2014. Onboard the Muscat to Hyderabad flight, the crew were indifferent to passengers. Being in a service industry, the basic minimum is a smile on their face, which was missing. They were looking at all passengers as if they were not welcome. During the serving of lunch, the tone was terse and not at all friendly. For almost an hour there were long queues outside the so called "economy" toilet and staff did not allow passengers to use "business class" toilet. Food was pretty ordinary. I do not think I will travel Oman Air again.

Oman Air Customer review :  22 April 2014 by Rhonda Pullen    (UK)

Our third trip with Oman Air, and would not hesitate to use them again. We flew London-Muscat-Bangkok in economy, and being Silver Sindbad members enjoyed a very swift check in, and complimentary access to lounges in all airports. All flights left on time, and had courteous staff. The food was good for airline food, and drinks were available on demand. The legroom was good, and seats comfortable. The toilets, on all four sectors were regularly cleaned, and were tidy whenever used. A value for money service, giving other airlines a run for their money.

Oman Air Customer review :  20 April 2014 by Zafrullah Hamzah    (Ireland)

This is my fourth time flying Paris CDG-Kuala Lumpur return in business class. Service and comfort excellent, as good as many airlines' first class. The seat turns into a flat bed and wide enough for a comfortable sleep. Good food, very well presented by their very friendly and competent cabin crew. I just have a few points to make that could improve their service. Limousine service should be part of the deal when flying business class, dining should be on demand and flights to Kuala Lumpur should give a choice of Malay cuisine. The short connection time in Muscat can be a source of anxiety as passengers need to go through security again and there is no priority lane for business class passengers. The last few times there was hardly any wait at security so that was fine but should there be a delay I hope Oman Air can guarantee that passengers will not miss their connection flight. If you get time to visit their lounge it is usually quiet and comfortable but they need to provide more shower facilities. I've used this facility and has been lucky I did not have to wait but I noticed that there is only one shower room.

Oman Air Customer review :  24 March 2014 by Peter Semler    (USA)

Flew from Milan to Muscat. Greeted on entering plane, perfect and friendly service and the only airline that gives international internet wifi access that I know of. It was a real pleasure flying Oman Air.

Oman Air Customer review :  13 March 2014 by K Fletcher-Biles    (UK)

LHR-BKK out 28th Jan, return 13th Feb. Second time with Oman Air. First flew with them when the A330 fleet was almost new. Tried them again as the fares were very attractive. Unfortunately some of the wow factor has gone from this service. On the earlier occasion I could not fault the service and comfort with full service and convenience packs. Now the planes are older and have not been touched since new with the cabin fabrics showing signs of hard wear over the last 5-6 years, threadbare and stained in places. The footrest (unnecessary) kept flopping down restricting leg space. When you do use it, it puts your legs in an unnatural position. Just take them out! The toilets were also shabby. There were so many in flight announcements that watching a film was like commercial TV with adverts. Those were the bad bits. Overall the service is still worth taking as it represents excellent value on this route compared with other Middle East airlines. The leg room is an unrivalled 34", connection times minimal and a 30kg baggage allowance means I can take all my sports equipment with me. The bonus is if you are travelling as a couple or father/son as I did the two seats close to the window really provide a comfort zone in the A330 (2-4-2 as opposed to the 3-4-3 configuration on 777's flown by the other Middle Eastern operators and EVA). All airlines are making cuts but the little extras Oman Air used to have are now gone, shame.

Oman Air Customer review :  5 March 2014 by R Winterbon    (UK)

I flew for the first time with Oman Air from Heathrow to Bangkok via Muscat and returned 4 weeks later. I was impressed with the efficiency of check in, with the punctuality of take off times. The cabin staff were polite, the food was adequate and the in-flight entertainment excellent. Toilets were kept clean at all times. I flew economy and I would use again.

Oman Air Customer review :  25 February 2014 by R Tock    (Switzerland)

We flew from Milan via Muscat to Bangkok and back and were happy. Lounges are all great. Very comfortable business seats, much better than Thai. Food interesting with Arab specialities. Nice change. Only negative thing: Service is somehow chaotic. No service in-between meals, nobody would take away empty glasses or cups, or ask you if you wanted something to drink. Staff should be better trained. Would we fly with them again - yes.

Oman Air Customer review :  21 February 2014 by Pino Paolo    (Switzerland)

Bangkok to Muscat with final destination Zurich. WY 0818 and 0153. Normally I fly with Swiss, Lufthansa or Emirates. I tried this time Oman Air but was really disappointed. The inflight-experience itself in the Business Class was good, but all the rest not at all: Chauffeur Service: Apparently this is not included (other carriers include it always). Website: Very slow and not the standard I'm used to with other companies. This is really not what I expect from a Business Class Provider!

Oman Air Customer review :  12 February 2014 by Gold Patrick    (UK)

LHR to Colombo via Muscat. Outward flight was very unsatisfactory. Cabin crew were indifferent and at times positively rude. They appeared not to want to do the job at all, customers being a annoyance to be tolerated at best. Aircraft was looking "tired" and in need of refurbishment. Carpets worn, seat foam lacking support and uncomfortable etc. IFE worked but again looks dated to alternative airlines. Return flight was better with happier crew and better service but not enough to erase my negative memories of the outward flight! I have flown with Oman over several years and feel the service offered is slowly deteriorating to the point where I will not be booking with them again if there is a viable alternative. This is a shame as I like their flight times and Muscat is a far more attractive transit option than the other gulf airports.

Oman Air Customer review :  7 February 2014 by Howard Graham    (UK)

Flew economy from Muscat to Heathrow on 20 January. Cabin service was unacceptable. The crew did not service the toilets during the flight. I pointed out to a cabin attendant that the lavatories were in an awful state and why was he not servicing them, there were no tissues, paper towels and the lavatory paper had nearly run out. Also, the floors and seats were in an unacceptable condition. He said that as they were in use all the time so he could not get into them. On our outbound flight, LHR to Muscat 10 days earlier, the lavatories were not serviced for the second half of the journey.

Oman Air Customer review :  3 February 2014 by Ralph Evans    (Australia)

I flew Oman Air WY 826 in business class from KL to Muscat, having come from Australia on Malaysian. They did not have the systems to issue my second boarding pass in Sydney, so I had to queue at the transfer desk in KL. This experience was just shocking. A sign says Malaysian are handling agents for Oman Air and others, so I joined the queue. Half an hour later I was told no, Malaysian does not handle Oman Air and their people would be coming in to work soon. So I joined another queue. About 100 people were making the transfer. I queued for an hour. This was in the middle of a busy area with people cutting through the queue all the time with their luggage. Many Oman Air passengers were not too good about waiting their turn. There is no separate queue for business class. On board, the flight was exceptionally comfortable. However, it was a day flight, and given 90 minutes a queuing after a long flight to KL and hours in the airport, it was not worth paying the business class fare. Oman is a nice place to visit, and they run a large tourist promotion effort in Australia, but they really must fix the transit at KL. It would be best to provide boarding passes at the original point of check-in. With that, I could have had 90 minutes more sleep at the KL airside hotel.

Oman Air Customer review :  31 January 2014 by Mohammed Al-Adsani    (Kuwait)

Kuwait - Kuala Lumpur (transit in Muscat). Regular business class check-in (at least I didn't have to stand in line to get my boarding pass.) Lounge in Kuwait and Muscat were fine, but lounge in KLIA was superb (I was granted the MAS golden lounge which was superior compared to top international lounges such as Bahrain and Dubai lounges.) Flight to/from Kuwait - Muscat was fine onboard their B737 fleet but to/from Muscat - Kuala Lumpur is where the fun begins in their business class cabin. Really superior business class cabin with a decent entertainment system, fine food quality, good amenity kit, and friendly crew. For the price I paid, I would say value exceeded cost. Would consider flying again.

Oman Air Customer review :  28 January 2014 by Geoff Becque    (UK)

Muscat-Salalah return. Outward: Excellent private kerb side entrance to Business Class dedicated area at Seeb then to OmanAir lounge (separate review). Business is boarded last, own private small coach. Hot towels and soft drink when seated, no alcohol on internal flights. New 737/800 with IFE and comfortable seats. Tablecloths and cutlery even for light snack on short flight. Twenty minute delay in departing, arrived on time. Return: Business boarding as you wish, short walk to aircraft, a E175. All pax greeted by Captain on boarding (and on arrival) - how nice. Comfortable flight, hot towels, newspapers and light snack. IFE and comfortable seats, same service as outward leg Good flight experience and internal flights on Oman are subsidised and cheap.

Oman Air Customer review :  28 January 2014 by Geoff Becque    (UK)

Dubai-Muscat in Business. New 737/800, efficient boarding and hot snack and fizz on short flight. Hot towels and helpful FA's. No airbridges at Muscat (new airport being built) so bus to terminal. Good experience with Oman Air. Note-although we had a connecting flight to Salalah we still had to collect luggage and check in again at Seeb airport.

Oman Air Customer review :  23 January 2014 by Rhonda Pullen    (UK)

Six of us flew from London to Bangkok via Muscat. The cost of the tickets were a couple of hundred pounds cheaper than other airlines. This was our second trip. The plane was clean and comfortable; the food OK and the airline staff courteous and helpful. Check in on all legs was swift with no problems at all. We are already looking forward to our next trip in April.

Oman Air Customer review :  17 January 2014 by K Norris    (UK)

LHR-MCT-MLE - return 2 Nov 13 - Economy. My experiences don't correspond with some on here. LHR check in was fast and efficient. A330 to MCT overnight was more than tolerable. Great seat pitch. A huge selection of films and TV programmes on the IFE and the FAs were efficient and friendly. Food choice was limited and in fact we only had a choice of one. Onward flight to MLE A330 was busy but to same high standard. I found the transfer in MCT fast and efficient. They are obviously building a new airport as you can see it across the apron. Return leg was brilliant - the A330 from MLE to MCT literally had 15-20 passengers! It was effectively empty! Obviously this meant great service and choices. MCT to LHR was very busy but no complaints. My partner and I are both big lads (over 6') and the biggest plus for us was the twin window seats on a A330 and the pitch! I will definitely use again.

Oman Air Customer review :  29 December 2013 by M Roeper    (Germany)

We just went to the Maldives with Oman Airways from Frankfurt. Although the first two flights were not even half booked out, we could not choose seats on the way to the Maldives. On the way back, we explicitly asked to sit in a front row or near an emergency exit, and although we were supposed to get them, we did not have a seat there on both flights! Some planes are new, others already pretty old. All of them are dirty and not well maintained. The lavatories are in a bad shape. The food was poor in taste and on several flights, we didn't even have a choice since there was only one meal left. Bad if you were a vegetarian. No alcohol served on the 7 hour flight back to Germany. Entertainment system is actually good, however on all flights, either the remote, the touchscreen or the headset (plug) were broken. Service was not good, either. Also, the Airport in Muscat is loud and dirty. So unfortunately, I cannot recommend Oman Airways.

Oman Air Customer review :  29 December 2013 by A Sutherland    (UK)

LHR-BKK via Muscat 15th/16th Dec, BKK-LHR via Muscat 27th Dec. Outbound flight was tolerable although service has declined to perfunctory. What happened to the meals? Suvarnabhumi deplaning delayed first by 30 mins as pilot appeared to take wrong exit from main runway. Chaotic scenes as people started unloading luggage lockers while still on apron. No control from crew. 27th flights back were appalling. Muscat transfer was 1hr. Qatar can manage at 45mins. Not Oman. Deplaning delayed for 25 minutes as coaches were found. Chaos ensued with huge tail back at security. Being shouted at for being late by airport staff for Oman's inefficiency is not on. Plane for Muscat Heathrow leg was both shockingly filthy and decrepit. Toilets were disgusting, tray tables stained and smothered in food debris. Whole plane smelt. This was a real shock to us, we've used Oman regularly for over 5 yrs but these flights mean we're looking elsewhere. With the awful food offering, dirty planes and being treated like cattle, Oman seems to pitching to be the Gulf version of Ryannair.

Oman Air Customer review :  23 December 2013 by S Dare    (UK)

LHR-MCT-BKK-MCT-LHR. Have travelled with Oman Air before and yet again it was all first class. The check in very quick and easy and once on board was very well looked after by friendly and competent crew. Plenty of drinks and water given out before lights out. The entertainment system is ok but not up to Emirates standard, but all in all a very good economy product.

Oman Air Customer review :  23 December 2013 by J Clifford    (Australia)

Flew KL to Muscat on 15th November and loved every minute of it. Their A320 Business Class is better than most other airlines First Class. Crew, food and wine and seat without comparison in a total of 12 flights we undertook. We then flew Muscat to Milan and flight equally fabulous. Muscat Lounge perfect with plenty of food and wine offerings and friendliness of staff. Love their business class seating and we were lucky enough to get the single window seating (10A,11A & 12A). Absolutely no complaints at all and would recommend Oman Air as an ideal airline for Australia to Europe. Ex Melbourne via Malaysia Airlines which once again could find no fault with. Addressed by name and although only a snack served for an early morning departure was enough for that time and offered numerous other options during flight. A great combination for us.

Oman Air Customer review :  23 December 2013 by T Mahr    (Germany)

MUC-MCT-CMB in Economy. Booked ahead and they were not the cheapest so I was expecting an overall pleasant experience based on most reviews here. What we got were new comfortable aircraft with a great pitch but that was about it. Connecting in Muscat is in hordes at a way outdated airport. Service on both flights was ok to downright rude crews who did the minimum only. MUC to MCT disorganised and it took them 2.5 hours for the meal service on a not even 6 hour flight. On to CMB just given a meal with no drink choice at all for the whole cabin except water within 45 minutes and with quite some attitude. I will not use this airline again!

Oman Air Customer review :  9 December 2013 by P Heron    (Saudi Arabia)

Riyadh to Muscat return. Service to Muscat ok. FA's ok, meal acceptable, IFE ok, just listened to music as the only TV program was showing a Muslim program. I could accept that if I was using Saudi Airlines, but not Oman air. Return from Muscat horrendous. FA's ok again, IFE was another Muslim show, there wasn't any music as an alternative. The main meal was ok but the salad wasn't cold and tasted odd. I had one mouthful and no more. I won't be using Oman Air again.

Oman Air Customer review :  21 November 2013 by J Sayan    (Sri Lanka)

CMB-MCT, 23 Sep 2013. MCT-CDG, 23 Sep 2013. CMB-MCT - Terrible service, rude cabin crew, very poor service. In contrast the service on MCT-CDG flight was excellent. Very friendly cabin crew.

Oman Air Customer review :  23 October 2013 by Burkhalter Johann    (Switzerland)

Zurich - Muscat - Zurich: A330. Superb Oman Air staff on ground. Fast and friendly check-in. Best business class cabin ever experienced. Long flat and broad flat beds. Excellent food with a big range of choice. Lovely wines. Crew ok on both flights. Not quite up to the rest of the product. A pity really. Airport Muscat: Priority bus transfer to terminal. Very friendly security staff. Lounge Oman Air Muscat: Fantastic. Cosy. Great range of food always topped up. Friendly staff. Muscat - Mumbai - Muscat: 737-800 Broad seats not like on European short haul. Good recline. Top notch cabin crew on both flights! Tasty food. Arrival in Mumbai a catastrophe. Business class immigration lane as chaotic as rest. Unfortunately, no Oman Air staff to assist. On departure different story: accompanied by Oman Air staff from check-in to lounge and then to plane. That is impressive!

Oman Air Customer review :  17 October 2013 by Omar Mohamed    (UAE)

CAI-MCT-DXB. First sector on a 737-800 leased from a Czech company. Seats were fine for the 3.5 hr flight. Crew did their job, nothing more. Catering very average but not a major concern. Transit security in MCT took maybe 15 minutes-so tight connections are doable even during peak times. Not much to see at MCT, although one of the pluses of MCT (and BAH, DOH) is that they're relatively small and you don't have to walk much, unlike DXB. MCT-DXB sector was on an E-70 with PTVS. Nice interior and comfortable seats. Both flights were very punctual, in fact, my flight arrived into DXB twenty minutes ahead of schedule. For a very competitive price, I would not mind booking WY again, even if it involves backtracking (overall adds just an hour over flying QR or GF). I do feel however that the airline focuses more on the flagship routes to Heathrow, KL, Indian Ocean etc. when it comes to delivering a 'premium' experience. This is where the airline fails in comparison to all the other competitors. I do like however the fact that I got a very cheap ticket that got me from A to B.

Oman Air Customer review :  10 October 2013 by David Graubard    (USA)

WY 203 - Muscat to Mumbai on 6 October. 737-800 plane - must be one of the older in the fleet. Boarding by bus as standard at MCT until the new airport opens. Flight 50% full so easy to get situated. Plenty of legroom - took off 15 min late and lunch served quickly. Had chicken curry and was delicious and substantial. Watched shared overhead screens with a mix of Bollywood and US shows. Flight attendants friendly. Landed on time and bags out when arrived at the carousel - long walk though as we parked as far from immigration as possible - not Oman Air's fault. Joined their Sindbad FF program also and was easy.

Oman Air Customer review :  10 October 2013 by David Graubard    (USA)

Oman Air, WY638 from Abu Dhabi to Muscat - October 4. Flight departs at 4.30am so really early but connects with their huge bank of flights to India. Embraer E175 - about 70% full. 45 minute flight - service was a water and muffin. Inflight entertainment turned on after 15 minutes but as the flight is so short you can't finish a sit- com. Easy landing and bags off quickly. Flight attendants in coach were Russian - one friendly and one so-so. Was satisfied with Oman Air.

Oman Air Customer review :  13 September 2013 by Vicky Giacomo    (Italy)

MXP-MCT-DXB, August 2013. Excellent staff both ground and cabin crew (we was escorted to the lounge in Milan). All flights was on time. Excellent value for money: amenity kits with products Amuage and pyjamas. The same flight with Emirates Airlines was much more expensive. Will definitely use again.

Oman Air Customer review :  12 September 2013 by Michael Deman    (Egypt)

CAI-MCT-DXB return, in business class. Because I had read such good reviews of Oman Air's business class we decided to do a dog's leg to Dubai, instead of taking a direct flight with Egyptair or Emirates. This turned out to be a mistake. On the positive side, the Czech cabin crew (this was on a 737-800 wet leased from a Czech company) was cheerful and efficient, and the business class lounge in Muscat was as excellent as we had been led to expect. However the flight experience was basically awful. Old armchair seats that had ZERO recline, and no footrest; faulty headphones that had to be changed on two occasions, an IFE system that consisted of fold-down screens with a choice of an arabic movie with illegible subtitles, and the moving map, catering that ranged from the adequate - to a "special gluten-free" meal that had enough gluten in it to send me straight to hospital, had I chosen to believe an untrained cabin attendant who assured me that the pitta bread, buns and cheese sambousek on my tray were indeed gluten-free.

Oman Air Customer review :  21 August 2013 by B Ervine    (UK)

LON-MCT-BKK. By booking early, we were able to afford a one way upgrade to business for the same price as premium economy with any other airline. As has been widely stated, the business class experience is superb: excellent seat and service. Economy for return was also very good - 34in is very good and the AVOD selection ensures that the flight passes quickly. All flights on time, very impressed overall and would definitely use again.

Oman Air Customer review :  20 August 2013 by D Walker    (Australia)

Colombo to Dubai via MCT. I had a pleasure of flying this little gem of an airline on 19th Aug. Crew on board for both flights were fine. Breakfast was very good, although a little heavy. Tea and coffee was also served. No AVOD on 737.MCT is a good place to connect for flights. A mere 30 minutes and I was off to Dubai. Very fair prices and nice service. Will use them again in future.

Oman Air Customer review :  13 August 2013 by Y Rubaiai    (Oman)

MCT-SLL, 3 Aug, WY905. SLL-MCT, 5 Aug, WY916. I travelled with my wife and 1 year old baby. The staff were very friendly, food was good for the short trip and they were very helpful with my child. Seats were spacious and comfortable for economy seating especially on the SLL-MCT sector. They offered baby food. The baggage was quick and no problems at all. I see that this airline is improving.

Oman Air Customer review :  9 August 2013 by A Ektarawong    (Thailand)

BKK-MCT-MUC return. Flight to Muscat was about half full so plenty of room to stretch out. Entertainment was fine and watched a new movie and several TV shows. Economy class seating was spacious in a 2x4x2 configuration. Food was average and not much of it but wine was plentiful. Hot wrap snack before arrival into Muscat was just ok. Muscat airport has no jetways so buses are involved. Both sectors took no more than 10 minutes total and was well organized. The airport was fine though the Duty Free seemed overly expensive but there are several decent food outlets including Costa Coffee. Flight to Munich again was half empty so we could stretch out but once again the food was just average, though they gave us several bottles of wine and water. Return flight from Munich to Muscat had 42 passengers total on the flight. We were the only ones in the front economy class cabin and were served within 10 minutes after take off and lights out 30 minutes later which was great as the flight leaves at 10pm. Slept 5 hours straight as we made beds from the middle section with many blankets and pillows. Better than first class! Flight from Muscat to Bangkok was 100pct full so I was now wondering what the service would be like. We had 2 seats together at the window in 2nd cabin with no room to stretch out but again the seating is great and the best economy class at 34 inches I've been in. Service was efficient and quick even with a full flight. All sectors the cabin crew were friendly and welcoming. Nice towel service all flights and good amenities kits handed out on each sector. Entertainment is fine and no issues and could recharge my phone and laptop as well from any seat. My only issue was the food. Little of it and not very appetizing though on one sector the vegetarian lasagne was good. Water bottles were also handed out immediately after service on all sectors which is a great idea. If I was not Gold with Etihad I would fly them again, though you do get Etihad mileage by flying Oman, but just not the bonus miles for Gold or Silver level. Good experience overall!

Oman Air Customer review :  2 August 2013 by C Bizzocchi    (Italy)

CMB-MCT on 19 July 2013. Service is terrible, cabin crew were not friendly at all. After the meal there were no Tea or Coffee being served. Sometimes we ended up with no choice with meals, had to eat what they offered. No refreshments before the main meal. I requested ear plugs twice, but cabin crew did not bother to supply. This was not my first travel with Oman Air. Ground staff in both Oman and Sri Lanka are excellent, very helpful and switched on.

Oman Air Customer review :  18 July 2013 by C Bizzocchi    (Italy)

Milan to Kuala Lumpur and return via Muscat. Outbound was fine, very impressed by the value for money. Entertainment was good, but all of us had headset which either didn't work or only worked from one ear. Had to change seats. Main meals were fine, snacks pretty poor. Return flight a nightmare. First leg ok. Flight from Muscat delayed 13 hours. I understand it can happen, my complaint is about the way ground staff treated us. No explanations, lots of excuses. After 6 hours they drove us by bus to a desk (still inside the airport) where we were supposed to receive a temporary visa. We had to deal ourselves with the staff who didn't believe that we were told to leave the airport. Finally, after one hour fighting with other passengers who also wanted a hotel room, we managed to have that piece of paper and went to the bus to the hotel. The aircraft is nice but I don't recommend this company because if anything goes wrong, they can't deal with it.

Oman Air Customer review :  29 June 2013 by M Lindner    (Germany)

In June I travelled from Frankfurt via Muscat to Bangkok. The check-in counter closed unusually early, so I had more than 1.5 hours free time. The seat load factor was very low, so I had enough space. Usually there would have been a 3 meal choice, there was only one left for me. A hot snack was served as well, being something unidentifiable in a roll with chicken. The IFE had a huge variety to offer but only one side of the headphones worked properly.

Oman Air Customer review :  29 June 2013 by Z Hamzah    (Ireland)

Third time flying Paris-Kuala Lumpur via Muscat in business class. Service was excellent and the seats comfortable, with a lot of space and privacy. Oman Air's business class cabin offers comfort and space which could rival many airlines' first class cabin. Fare for this trip very competitive. Happy with the service. However, all business class passengers should be offered the limousine service as advertised on their website. Secondly while in transit in Muscat passengers should not have to go through another security check, and if so there should be a priority lane for premium passengers. The last few trips the security checks were fairly quick as there weren't many passengers but when you have a rather short transit time this can be a source of anxiety. On my return trip via Muscat the plane landed 25-30 minutes late and I was anxious in case I had to go through a long queue in security. However, the crew reassured me and as it happens there was no queue. Thirdly for trips to and from Malaysia it would be a good idea to add some Malay cuisine to the menu. Finally dining should be on demand in business class and there should be an option to order from a menu online prior to departure, this will avoid disappointment of the crew running out of your choice on the menu. For example on the first leg from Paris they ran out of sea bass on the business class menu.

Oman Air Customer review :  14 May 2013 by N Rodgers    (UK)

LHR-MCT-BKK and back. Great service in the Heathrow lounge (even though it's a pay-for-access lounge to the general public, as guests of Oman Air we had reserved seating and table service). All flights were on schedule. The cabin of the A330 is superb, as many others have said, their business class is a product that most other airlines would like to have as their first class offering. Business lounge is Muscat is huge. Great selection of complimentary food and drinks, as well as complimentary treatments in the spa. The Oman Air lounge in BKK is small but perfectly formed. Staff Service was generally really good, but some crew struggled to understand us - I think it could be improved upon if there were more crew with better English language skills. Will definitely use again.

Oman Air Customer review :  5 May 2013 by O Lefevre    (France)

CDG-MCT-KUL. Price are reasonable. Service excellent. Food is amazing, comfort much higher than other airline's business class cabin. Cabin staff not too much presence, very discrete with a smile.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Oman Air Reviews and Oman Air Passenger opinions about Oman Air product and Oman Air service standards