Air Mauritius Customer Reviews and Air Mauritius Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5

Air Mauritius Customer review :  7 May 2014 by S Paddison    (UK)

Flew from LHR-Mauritius-Perth return, with my husband, myself and 22 month old son. We weren't looking forward to the flights, especially as our son didn't have a seat so was sitting on our laps but all 4 flights were fantastic. We were very lucky that on the 3 of the flights the plane was empty and both ground staff and cabin crew made sure we had a row of four seats, so loads of room for a little one to stretch out. I thought the seats were comfortable enough, far more leg more than on our flight with Qantas whilst in Australia. The cabin crew were very friendly, polite and helpful. They weren't snotty about us walking our son up and down the aisle which we have experienced with other airlines, Qantas being one of them. The bar seemed to be open for the entire flight, which unfortunately we couldn't take advantage of being responsible parents and the food was nice. I would recommend Air Mauritius, their customer service was excellent which helped travelling with a child a very unstressful and relaxing experience.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  5 May 2014 by Alan Krawec    (Canada)

LHR-MRU, April 13: Tight seats and small IFE screens but overall, an adequate level of service. Friendly flight crew. Food unspectacular but okay. MRU-CDG, April 21: Same tight seats but bigger screens for IFE. Everything else the same as outbound flight.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Christopher Launchbury    (UK)

My husband and I and two friends travelled to Mauritius. They had our pre-booked return seats not reserved. We were kept waiting an hour before booking in. The ground staff were rude and arrogant, and we had ring our travel agency in England for them to confirm we had paid for the extra legroom seats, all to no avail, we still never had the seats! The food was disgusting, aircraft really cold, the cabin crew extremely unhelpful. Other passengers were unhappy with the service and sent the food back Even writing to customer services once we were home, they were exactly the same, not in the least bit interested. I would rather travel with one of the "no frills" airlines, at least their staff are pleasant.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  5 April 2014 by A Goldstone    (South Africa)

We flew from Cape Town to Mauritius on 27 March and returned to Cape Town on 3 April 2014. The crew/staff were lazy and totally disinterested in passengers. I did not see a staff member for over 30 minutes. No respect for their passengers. Will never fly Air Mauritius again.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  18 March 2014 by Anton Göllner    (Australia)

We recently travelled as a family of 5 from Melbourne to Paris and London Return (Perth - Mauritius - Paris, London - Mauritius - Perth on Air Mauritius). We found the airline to be no frills and got us from A to B efficiently. My complaints are the economy class seats on the older Airbus A340-300s operating from London and Paris to Mauritius were worn, uncomfortable and had a terrible entertainment system, I struggled to sleep the whole 12 hours. The newer Airbus A330-200s operating the Mauritius to Perth route was more comfortable and had a better, newer entertainment system, though the particular flight we were on was packed full and quite uncomfortable for an 8 hour flight. The cabin crew did their job but did not go out of their way to offer any additional service. The food service onboard depended on which route you fly on the Parisian route we got a decent curry dinner and a refreshing French breakfast but on the Perth flight we only received a bland meal at about midnight and a horrible hot (vegetable substance) in a bread roll for arrival when all we felt like having something refreshing, I noticed a large majority of people did not eat it. In the end it was an ok airline and would recommend it if you are stopping over in Mauritius.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  28 February 2014 by J Vancurova    (UK)

We flew from London to Mauritius and Mauritius to Perth. We had our 16 month old daughter with us and the staff were great. Food was ok, seats comfy. The land staff even gave us 4 seats for 3 of us from Mauritius for more comfort.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  5 February 2014 by R Panchal    (UK)

MK748, MRU-BOM, A330 with Air India code-share. One-way ticket to attend a family wedding in India after holiday in Mauritius. Air Mauritius is the only direct flight on this sector and it is code-shared with Air India. The ticket is cheaper if booked under the Air India code-share flight number than the MK one. Mauritius Airport and the Air Mauritius lounge is excellent. Very pleasant crew on the MRU-BOM sector. Economy class seats reasonably comfort. The exit row seats cost more and are available at check-in but crew very kindly assigned them to us as they were empty. Inflight entertainment is adequate with a range of movies and music albums. Meal was a full Indian service with 2 choices and all the usual accompaniments. Would recommend this airline on this sector. Only gripe is the 5am arrival in Mumbai but smooth arrival process as airport is often quiet at this time.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  23 January 2014 by J Kelmar    (Australia)

Not a nice experience between Perth, Mauritius, and Paris, then return. The seats were too close to the ones in front, and were some of the smallest I have ever travelled in. The video was not working, and nothing could be done, which made the 26 hour travel time even longer. I had asked for a "lactose intolerant" meal, on all legs of the journey, and none was forthcoming, which means that I did not eat for the whole journey, but still paid the same fare as others who had full meals and proper entertainment. I will never fly with these people again, and suggest that others also avoid this airline.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  14 January 2014 by Y Limalia    (Mauritius)

Recently travelled to India on an Air Mauritius flight back and fro on MK748 and MK 749 respectively. However, I am very disappointed by the services offered on board. I travelled together with my spouse and infant of less than 2 years old. On departure on 27th December, we requested a baby cot (ticket booked on 11th November 2013 - more than a month before) and on check-in same was requested again and approval obtained. However to our disappointment, we did not get one on board. The reason given was that the baby was too big for the cot and the weight was too heavy. The infant weighs: 10.3 kg and his height is 73 centimetres. The crew did not even bother to check if the infant fits the cot or not, but bluntly refused. We had to hold a crying baby whole night which not only disturbed us, but we had an earful from other passengers. On our return (10th Jan 2014), same scenario. Despite request, no infant cot and even worse, we did not have a front seat, to handle a baby. Instead we were put on a seat with other seats in front which was really uncomfortable. I and my spouse had to carry the infant whole night. There was another couple who benefited from a cot and we tried it on my infant and he fits perfectly well. In fact, we had more rooms than expected. When I told the cabin crew, they told me that you are not in a front seat and hence cannot give you one now. (The irony is that a cot was requested and approved at Check-in in Mumbai). We did not even get an infant meal on both trips. The service we got on the flight was very disappointing and frustrating. I am frequent traveller on Air Mauritius and as from now, I will rather use other carriers for my overseas trip, be it personal or business related. A very disappointed customer.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  8 January 2014 by J Arnold    (Australia)

We flew from Perth to Mauritius, then Mauritius to KL recently. It was like flying 10-15 years ago. The seats were uncomfortable (I'm 190cm's), the food and service was ok but the service tended to fall away after the main service was completed. I think it would be ok for short flights but 8 hours with my knees around my ears was a little too much to handle. In the end, we arrived on time along with our bags so we cant complain too much.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  7 January 2014 by B Vancurova    (UK)

We flew LHR - Mauritius in Business Class and back in Economy. Business class - nice lounge in Terminal 4 with plenty of food and drink. Boarding was separate to economy and very efficient. Seats comfortable with plenty of room and drinks offered before take off. There was option of 3 mains. The seat does not convert into fully flat bed but once I found comfortable position I managed to sleep for 8 hours. Economy class - seats have interesting shape but I found it comfortable. We were lucky that the people in front of us did not recline their seats so we had plenty of leg room. We did not watch the TV (as it was night flight, delayed by 4 hours) so we just had food and slept for the rest of the flight. The crew were friendly and helpful. If I ever fly to Mauritius again, I would not hesitate to fly Air Mauritius.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  6 January 2014 by John Garde    (South Africa)

Recently travelled JNB-MUR-JNB in economy class. I found the seats and legroom to be the most uncomfortable I have experienced on a long haul flight. Cabin crew pretty cheerful and food edible. In flight entertainment limited but given that it is a 4 hour flight not the end of the world. Would probably use another carrier on my next trip to Mauritius.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  6 January 2014 by Chong Soo Ban    (Malaysia)

The best economy deals so far. Good food and crew service. Seats are a bit cramped and uncomfortable for long haul but for short haul like Mauritius to Johannesburg and Cape Town, seats are comfortable and food standard is very high. Ground crew unfriendly at Mauritius airport and passengers seemed to come second. They talk amongst themselves rather than paying attention to passengers. Long waiting and queuing time is a norm. Too many unnecessary questions. Otherwise a very well run airline.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  3 January 2014 by Chong Soo Ban    (Malaysia)

Flown from KL to Cape Town and returned via Air Mauritius. Stopped over in Mauritius. Flown 26/12/13 and returned 1/1/2014. Although seats are cramped and very narrow the service from the air crew was excellent and food all the way was very good. We have a family of 10 and no complaints re inflight services. The only complaints we had were the ground crew at Mauritius airport being slow and a little unpleasant. Ground crew at Cape Town were good and polite.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  30 December 2013 by James Drew    (South Africa)

MK745, Delhi to Mauritius. The flight was late by 1 hour. The staff were rude. It was a day flight but they served Johannesburg to Mauritius, 10 December 2013, code share with SAA. Seats very cramped, a nightmare to say the least. Flight delayed, could not check-in online. Food awful, served breakfast at 2 in the morning. No air conditioning. Staff uncaring.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  2 December 2013 by Nuckchady Mithil    (Mauritius)

Mk745, Delhi to Mauritius. The flight was late by 1 hour. The staff were rude. It was a day flight but they served only breakfast. There was only 15 movies to watch. It was very hot onboard.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  14 November 2013 by Sophie Kerrison    (UK)

London Heathrow to Mauritius return, 20th September out, return 19th October. Poor flight, the food was horrible and the staff rude. I had my two year old son with us and they didn't order his food on the was out. The staff tried to start an argument because our son was asleep on one of the seats without his seat belt. I will not be flying with Air Mauritius again.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  21 October 2013 by Elizabeth Campbell    (UK)

We have just returned form a holiday in Mauritius, we have been there several times but not for nine years. We have flown with other airlines as well as Air Mauritius. I cannot believe the change in what used to be such a fantastic airline. The flight was good though, the staff attentive although it looked false on occasions. The biggest change was the standard of food, disgusting, cold and boring to say the least. Choice of fish or chicken for lunch, the fish included a chicken starter, chicken sandwich in the afternoon and guess what? Chicken or fish for dinner! The starter being cold crab stick and peas, also peas served with the main course. We chose Air Mauritius because we had enjoyed it so much years ago and is was the only airline which offered a direct flight when we wanted to go. Will certainly shop around next year when we plan to return.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  10 October 2013 by J Bancilhon    (Australia)

Flew Kuala Lumpur-Mauritius-Kuala Lumpur in economy. After reading the negative review about MK, I was quite apprehensive, however I was pleasant surprised that it turned out to be one of the best flight that I undertook. The plane was nice and clean and I loved the decor. The crew were very attentive, pleasant and professional. The food was delicious and adequate. The seats were not very comfortable but never is in economy of any airlines. I look forward to flying Air Mauritius again.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  27 August 2013 by L Ledbury    (UK)

MRU to LHR, 12 hours without any inflight entertainment and 3 children to occupy. The only difference to a child's meal was the addition of a kitkat! Dirty seats, rude staff and no overhead locker space. Everyone except us ignored the 7kg hand baggage restriction and took full size suitcases onboard, this was even ignored by the staff.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  22 August 2013 by H Blumenthal    (France)

You buy from Mauritius a business ticket at truly business class price and you get an old coach seat on a 4 hours flight, in my case Nairobi to Mauritius. Okay, they will leave the middle seat empty but you will be extremely cramped in your seat with no possibility to recline it and no space for your legs. To say the least, this is a rip-off, unexpected from the flag carrier of a country known for the quality of its hospitality. To be fair, the meal served was pretty decent and the wines palatable. As for the in-flight entertainment, it was at the level of an African regional carrier.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  19 August 2013 by Tricia Snowball    (South Africa)

Business Class from Cape Town to Mauritius to London then back to Mauritius and on to Cape Town a week later. The short haul trips CT to Mauritius were a complete waste of money. As far as I can see, there is no real benefit to paying for business class. The seats are a three-row of which they only use two so a bit of extra space but not much extra comfort and the food etc was identical (according to a friend who was in economy). The long haul was better but even then the seats are the most uncomfortable business class seats I have ever experienced. The strange pitch means you are always sliding down and there is some kind of hard ridge right in the middle. Horrible. The airport experience was good, the flight attendants were nice and the food on the long haul was good but - even for the cheapest Bizclass seat out there - never again except on the short run from SA to Mauritius.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  14 August 2013 by N Seegoolam    (UK)

Where has all the friendly Mauritian welcome and smile gone? Having flown regularly on MK since 1978, I will think twice before booking another MK flight. Last year the service was on the downhill and I thought that this was a one off but to my amazement I was faced with a worse experience this year. It appeared that the crew were doing you a favour! The meal choice was chicken or lamb and the crew had no idea how they were prepared or what they were served with! We only got a drink half way through the main meal. As for the state of the aircraft, a complete refurbishment will do a bit of justice to the experience compensating for the service delivery that we received. Return journey was on a code share with Air France, it was like chalk and cheese.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  25 July 2013 by David Millar    (UK)

Heathrow to Mauritius return. Not sure what all the negative comments are about - personally, I had a lovely flight with Air Mauritius. Crew were friendly, food was fine and seat was fine too. As for entertainment - I'm not too bothered but there seemed to be an ok selection of movies and music etc.! Overall, if you're flying economy, a plane is a plane and a seat is a seat so take AM and have a nice trip to Mauritius.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  2 July 2013 by Rahul Mulchandani    (India)

India to Mauritius. Frustrated when I saw the touch screen was not working properly. I pressed the call button to call an FA who came to my seat after 15 mins. Water requested was provided after half an hour. I was unable to see flight attendants as they were sitting chatting with each other. Never again.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  17 May 2013 by Nicky Schmidt    (South Africa)

Atrocious service on Air Mauritius and no follow up on complaint. Having pre-booked 2 aisle seats we found ourselves seated behind an incessantly screaming infant. Since the flight wasn't full we asked to be moved. The young father of the child overheard our request, took offence and became aggressive. We called the purser, but before we could say anything, the father accused us of threatening his wife and children. The purser believed him. We are a well travelled couple in our 50s and have never experienced anything like this. We were moved - but we were shunted to rear of the plane and put in a middle and window seat - despite there being several rows of empty seats (which we were told were broken). I'd further add that flying on an AM plane is like traveling in a compressed sardine can - there is utterly no leg room.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  9 May 2013 by J Woods    (UK)

We fly fairly regularly to Mauritius. Having used BA, not bad although timings now not great, and also Emirates great planes disastrous customer service when a problem occurs. So despite my slight reservations we flew with Air Mauritius. Very pleased we did. The staff were friendly, helpful and couldn't have been nicer both on the way out and on the return. Food ok usual airline food. Seats although not fully flat bed, very comfortable and every bit as comfortable as BA. Flight timings in and out of London superb. A non stop flight out of Heathrow. We will use them again.

1 2 3 4 5

Air Mauritius Reviews and Air Mauritius Passenger Opinions Air Mauritius product service standards