LAN Airlines Customer Reviews and LAN Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

LAN Airlines Customer review :  24 April 2014 by Ates Asli    (Spain)

I flew from Frankfurt to Madrid. Seats were comfortable, the plane had an entertainment system and cabin crew were good. But the food was awful. I was hungry and they served a sandwich box, but they didn't have a vegetarian option. Even the low cost airlines offer vegetarian, vegan etc. I was starving when we landed.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2014 by A Storey    (USA)

BOG-GRU. Daylight flight on 767. Full plane but crew did an excellent job serving everyone. Good lunch and drinks. Excellent movies to choose from. Seating was comfortable. Good lounge in Bogota at new terminal.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2014 by R Brydon    (Australia)

I arrived in Santiago yesterday, from Sydney and Auckland, only to find my connection flight to Sao Paulo had departed. After a very long time at the LAN desk in Santiago I was put on a flight to Buenos Aires, to connect to Sao Paulo. Unfortunately the girl at the LAN Santiago desk did not book me on the flight she told me I was booked onto. The flight was full and I found out about this when I got to Buenos Aires. They managed to find me a seat on a packed, dirty TAM plane in Economy class. My ticket was for Business class. My flight originated in Melbourne, I'm an old Qantas frequent flyer customer and I was extremely disappointed with the service. To top it all up, my 2 suitcases did not arrive. The LAN on-board service and flight attendants were extremely good, but the ground staff were very poorly equipped to deal with arriving passengers. Chaotic would be a better description for the situation!

LAN Airlines Customer review :  20 April 2014 by D Norton    (UK)

Bogota to Quito via Medellin. Flight on time and full. Only coffee or water on internal flights offered and no sense of urgency considering flight time. Other airlines manage to serve food and full bar service on such a flight sector. Transfer in Medellin not recognised, had to exit and go through the tedious security before sent back to check in since no hand luggage tag given since previous check in at Bogota! No lounge facilities at both airports even though to Quito it was international. Process in Medellin unacceptable. Service inflight to Quito with limited drinks and no alcohol, food or even snack offered. When asked to have a beer was told they would check in the back but the crew never returned. No food at all during the 90 minute flight and in the end no drink! The crew were more interested passing through the cabin announcing duty free sales and shopping. Ghost pilots with no announcements and could hardly understand the English from the crew! In my humble opinion a terrible airline lacking service and consistency. This taking into consideration the relatively expensive ticket for such a short journey with lack of service, despite being a Oneworld Emerald member.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  16 April 2014 by P Seel    (France)

LA2707, Madrid-Lima, March 10 2014. LA531, Lima-Santiago, March 13 2014. LA4544, Buenos Aires-Sao Paolo. Business Class except Buenos Aires-Sao Paolo which was Premium Economy. We first flew LAN 3 years ago, were very satisfied then and it didn't disappoint this time. Would have preferred completely lie-flat beds though like we had Madrid- Santiago in 2011. Food excellent, well-chosen wines and very cheerful and attentive cabin staff. We also used LAN for 3 internal flights in economy and had no complaints there either. The flight from El Calafate to Buenos Aires was two hours late but our agent was informed and departure from our hotel delayed so we weren't hanging around at the airport. Special mention for Lima Business Class lounge - a smoker's paradise! Open to the air so no tobacco smell and comfortably furnished. My non-smoking companion preferred to sit there with me than to use the air- conditioned non-smoking section and it looked as though quite a few other non-smokers were of the same mind too!

LAN Airlines Customer review :  15 April 2014 by D Graubard    (USA)

LAN 933/500 - Mendoza to SCL to Miami. Coach to SCL and Business to MIA. A320 out of Mendoza departed on time and was a quick 40 minute flight. Beautiful flight over the Andes mountains - the pilot came on to point out a few mountain tops in Spanish and English. Not even a drink service - I've been on other 40 min flights that at least had water offered. But good flight overall. 767-300 from SCL to MIA - excellent! Purser came to my seat and thanked me personally for being Emerald One World - very nice. Food as always on LAN is great - had an express dinner and then slept 5.5 hours on one of the best Biz Class seats in the air. Arrived on time and bags out and through immigration/customs in 30 minutes after deplaning.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  11 April 2014 by D Graubard    (USA)

Flew BA Aeroparque to Mendoza on 9 April. A320 was to leave at 5.50pm but delay of inbound flight. Not an issue but the gate agents never made any announcement about a delay. Line forming so I went to ask and she said leaving at 5.55pm. We didn't even board until 6.15pm through buses - agent had said we would board through a jet bridge but anyone who has flown LA from AEP knows Aerolineas Argentinas uses the jet bridges and makes LA use stairs on the Tarmac to board. Bussed to aircraft - friendly attendant greeted passengers at both front and rear doors. Pilot apologized for the delay. Quick take off and 1 hour 40 minutes to Mendoza. Snack box was appreciated but mostly sugary cookies - not healthy at all. Flight landed and bags off quick. LAN is a good airline but sometimes leaves little things to be desired. Flying them 12 April Mendoza - Santiago-Miami so will see how that goes.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  10 April 2014 by Alvaro Orrantia    (Canada)

I was flying from Buenos Aires to San Carlos de Barioche on March 28 and LAN announced an 'unanticipated' maintenance work on the plane. This caused a delay of about 90 minutes, leaving close to 10pm. There were no vouchers for a snack and ground personnel didn't even know how to use a pay phone to call someone who was going to pick me up. On my way home, flying from Buenos Aires to Sao Paulo, on April 9, LAN again has an 'unanticipated' maintenance work on the plane.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  8 April 2014 by A Greenberg    (USA)

Flight was scheduled to leave at 12.40pm from LIM and go to LAX. At about noon it was announced that the flight was delayed due to technical issues, and to return at 2.00pm. At 2.00pm it was announced the issues were not resolved, and to come back at 4.00pm. At 4.00pm it was announced that the flight was delayed until 7.00am the next day. Passengers passports were collected to get the exit stamp revoked, when passports were handed back 2 hours later, it was done in a nerve wrecking fashion. I asked one of the staff if there was another flight that night to Southern California, he said no. Later I see someone getting onto standby, and I learn there was another flight that night. I waited on standby and did not get a spot. I took the appointed taxi to the hotel I was given to stay at. At the airport I get my new boarding pass. I get to the boarding gate, and learned that the flight is delayed again. Throughout the whole process, staff would make important announcements only in Spanish. I would ask for a translation, and some of the staff were unable to give it. Hours later the flight finally got off the ground. A delayed flight is forgivable, but the way the ordeal was handle was unacceptable.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  7 April 2014 by R Wilking    (Germany)

Mendoza-SCL to Madrid in economy. Ground Crew in MDZ gave me an aisle seat (36H) for the long haul trip SCL-MAD, I cross-checked in SCL on arriving, everything ok. At boarding, I was given a window seat in another row, ground crew unhelpful and incompetent. They said that the flight crew was to give me another seat. Onboard, I contacted the purser. She managed the problem in a completely efficient and graceful way, contacting me several times during the flight, even offering a drink to me and the people who had to go back to their original middle and window seat, thus sharing space with me: very professional service. Rest of the crew very polite, helpful, speaking several languages. A very pleasant experience for a flight in economy, very recommendable. Good food (even breakfast, which can be a big problem with other airlines) good drinks, excellent IFE in a new 787. Seats ok, I am 1.75m and not very broad. It seems the seats are narrower than on other planes, I managed to get some sleep anyway. Anyway, you should not store anything in the seat pocket before you, space gets cramped and you feel something like a steel rod on your knees.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  28 March 2014 by Eelco van den Heuvel    (Netherlands)

MAD-FRA. Excellent business class offer: 225 euros ow, only 100 euros more expensive than economy. Very relaxing flight, which started in the nice, well equipped Iberia lounge in T4S at Madrid Airport. I was about the only one in biz. Comfortable seat, nice inflight entertainment, tasty meal and friendly crew. The purser introducing herself was a nice personal touch. 787 Dreamliner is a great, silent plane and I like the coloring of the windows instead of blinds. Price was less than one third of Lufthansa and Iberia fare. And with a real business class in stead of a free middle seat. Highly recommended.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  26 March 2014 by Jordan Charles    (Argentina)

EZE-SCL-EZE in premium economy. Staff at check in very efficient. On board, excellent service for the two hour flight. Good cold food and selection of wines, soft drinks, etc. Both flights on time and luggage delivery very fast. IFE several channels of good music.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  24 March 2014 by Steve Tait    (USA)

Flew LAN on 4 flights around Peru. The flights themselves were fine. Clean planes, good crews, and largely on time. It's their systems that are a big problem starting with the fact you can't reserve seats in advance until check-in is available 48 hours prior to departure. I find that problematic and then tried unsuccessfully to get seats and check in online 48 hours prior to the flight only to get a message saying I had multiple destinations and needed to call them. Not acceptable nowadays. One of my flights had a time change of an hour and I was never notified and only found out when I got to the airport. Finally one of my segments was from Iquitos connecting in Lima and then on to Cuzco. My bag was the only one on the flight to Cuzco that did not arrive. OK that happens but they handled it horribly. They really need to get their systems and customer service up to current standards particularly as you pay a premium on LAN over the other domestic Peruvian carriers.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  10 March 2014 by J Ackermann    (Germany)

EZE-SCL. Transferring to LAN from Lufthansa in EZE. Although not in the same alliance, LAN representative awaited transferring LH passengers at LH gate upon arrival, checking that their transfer baggage number were in LAN's system, providing them with boarding passes or escorting them through security to LAN counter. Very professional! LAN lounge in EZE one of the best I ever encountered. Even dulce de leche ice cream was offered. Flight on A 320 was uneventful. Aircraft in good shape, decent snack and drinks. Even some IFE (in Spanish). Baggage delivery very fast. Baggage question in preparation of trip was answered via Facebook fast and correctly. Would recommend without hesitation.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  6 March 2014 by J Bosch    (USA)

Compared to some airlines, LAN had a decent amount of legroom, and the international food and beverage options were decent. However, LAN is terrible when it comes to customer service if anything goes wrong. We were at our gate two hours early and followed the signage since we didn't speak the local language. The signage was all wrong, and our flight left without us. We were literally standing under a video screen with our flight information that said pre-boarding and that the fight was delayed, and it turns out the flight left from a different line somewhere. Ok, so is there another flight we can get to the destination from anyone at this airport? No, they said. Only a flight at the same time the next day, which would have defeated the purpose of our trip. We investigated ourselves and found out they just pulled that out of nowhere because there were several other flights from other airlines that day. So we booked one of those flights and made arrangements with LAN to pick up our luggage when we got there, since it was on the missed flight. They said they had called and arranged for our luggage to be taken to the luggage office and to pick it up when we got there. When we got there, LAN had gone home for the day and locked our bags away. No bag for us until the next day. Never again will I fly LAN airlines. Absolutely unacceptable customer service.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  6 March 2014 by C Douglas    (Australia)

My experience with LAN was excellent. I used these forums extensively before booking for a return trip Australia to Sth America, so I'm writing to give some balance to the negative reviews. I travelled with an 88 yr old relative who went Business Class and I went Economy. Only one of our 6 flights was delayed and only by 35 mins. This caused a missed connecting flight which was sorted out seamlessly, baggage transferred, all good. LAN made sure I could be close to my relative by putting me at the very front of Economy each time. I was also allowed to use their lounges as I was flying with someone in Business Class. The only lounge which wouldn't let me in was a Qantas one in Sydney at the start of the journey, even though my relative had a guest pass for me and I'm a Qantas FF. They apparently share the same One World system as LAN. Cabin crew were great, seats were good, food fine, selection of films huge - cost way less than Qantas, halfway between the Qantas price and the Aerolineas Argentinas price. Glad we went LAN, I recommend it.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  27 February 2014 by Vivek Gupta    (USA)

Very disappointing experience flying LAN last night - essentially harassed by an incompetent and poorly informed check-in crew at AEP in Buenos Aires. Flew LAN 480 last night from AEP to Santiago - check-in crew insisted that Chile reciprocity fee needed to be paid before they will check us in - ran around the airport for an hour to figure how/where to pay, could not find any I online location, embassy website said pay on arrival in SCL - but 4 ladies at the check-in desk refused to accept, and kept insisting for payment before check-in. Asked to see supervisor and was told supervisor was in meeting and would be available only after flight departure time. Finally rep from Salon VIP came to the rescue and convinced the crew to get approval and check us in. The actual flight was ok. Landed in SCL to find that Chile does not collect reciprocity fee anymore! Highly unlikely to fly or recommend this airline in the future. Very disappointing.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  21 February 2014 by S Summers    (UK)

Salta-AEP on LAN Argentina. Flight departure delayed by an hour due to weather in Buenos Aires. Warm welcome on board, drinks and a small snack box containing chocolate and biscuits was provided although a fresh sandwich/wrap would have been preferable.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  12 February 2014 by J Bibby    (UK)

Flew from Sao Paulo to Santiago de Chile and then, five days later from Santiago to La Paz, Bolivia via Iquique. Excellent service, efficient and friendly cabin crew, good food, comfortable seats. Excellent!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8