LAN Airlines Customer Reviews and LAN Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

LAN Airlines Customer review :  25 November 2014 by Linda Baldwin    (USA)

We flew LAN, JFK to SCL on 10/07 and returned from EZE to JFK on 10/20 via a connection in SCL. Seats were awful, little space. Had to argue to get one that reclined and not outside bathroom despite paying full fare 10 months in advance. Food on all legs including one from Bariloche to BA was abysmal. They offer two tiny glasses of wine with dinner but the food was so poor, even 7-up would be preferred. I am very easy going, not often critical but LAN was below acceptable. Cueing for boarding and seat assigning are disorganized and chaotic. 787 Dreamliner is an awesome plane. It is a shame that LAN diminishes its potential by overcrowding and awful food.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  20 November 2014 by S Flint    (UK)

Santiago-Punta Arenas-Mount Pleasant (Falklands). On time and managed to get comfortable exit row seat. Typical LAN efficiency but the food service is inadequate for what is in total a 6 hour journey on a domestic A320. Just a choice of 'nibbles' on the 3.5 hrs down to Punta Arenas and the same on the 1.5 hours to MPA. Quite interesting landing at MPA, which is a UK military base.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  17 November 2014 by Juan Pablo Reyes    (Colombia)

SMR-BOG late evening flight, coach (they no offer business in Colombian domestic flights), on time departure, fairly comfortable seating in a rather old A320. Good beverage and snack service, at least better than Avianca's. Quick baggage retrieval upon arrival in BOG new domestic terminal, which offered a nice experience given the day (Sunday) and arrival (8pm) time. Overall a nice flight.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  11 November 2014 by J Budd    (Australia)

We travelled from Melbourne to Rio De Janeiro, within Brazil, Argentina and back to Melbourne via Santiago. 6th October-29th October with a total of 12 flights. There was a problem in Buenos Aires which meant we missed our connecting flight home from Santiago. We were tired and unwell. We were so grateful for the excellent assistance and kindness we received from airline staff in Santiago.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by W Small    (Australia)

I have just returned from a 3 month journey through South America. Initially, on the 29th July, I flew Emirates BNE-AKL (food very disappointing, dirty cabin, cabin crew uninterested in their clients although in abundance) then LAN-AKL-SCL. I had a degree of trepidation in relation to flying LAN after reading some negative reviews. Flight across was fine. Comments in relation to food, seating, decor and cabin crew appeared consistent with what I have read. However, having flown with LAN on 12 internal flights whilst in South America, my respect for LAN's efficiency, great timekeeping, friendliness of both ground and cabin staff, excellent facilities has increased. The flight SCL-SYD on the 16th October was great. Food, service and cabin staff were all very good. The new crew on the AKL-SYD leg was by far the warmest I had encountered in terms of hospitality and service level. I am planning a return trip to South America, and I would have no hesitation in recommending this airline.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by W Small    (Australia)

I travelled to 5 countries in South America during July and October. Whilst travelling, I flew LAN on 13 occasions: SCL-LIM-CUZ, JUL-LIM, LIM-SCL, AEP-IGR (return), MVD-SCL, SCL-IPL (return), SCL-LIM-LPB, LPB-SCL. Throughout all flights I was greatly impressed by the efficiency of LAN. Ground and cabin crews were friendly and helpful. The LAN boxed meals on (one class) short flights was consistent. Cabin crew warm and welcoming. Trolley service by cabin crew was excellent despite the fact that the majority of flights were fully booked. The one sour point was that the inflight entertainment (IPL-SCL) failed in my section of the aircraft. However, having had a tsunami alert whilst on Easter Island in the early hours of my departure day, I relished the chance for a sleep. This flight is treated as an international flight. Hence, a pillow and blanket was provided. Notwithstanding this fact, I would have no trouble in recommending LAN.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by D Graubard    (USA)

LA 2589, UIO-LIM on 12 October. A320 and very good flight. Boarding was a bit of a mess but that seems typical. Flight attendants so friendly and spoke many languages. Seated in exit row so lots of leg room. Flight was smooth and nice views of the Andes - snack box provided and landed on time. Always enjoy flying with LAN.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Balu Kal    (New Zealand)

LA801, AKL-SYD. 2 Oct 2014, 06.00 Flight time. Just a short flight to Sydney traveling on A340-300 LAN Chile. This is my second flight with LAN. It was an ok flight. Nothing to rave about. The interior was dated, inflight entertainment was also very dated. The food was average, and only offered refreshments once. It got me to Sydney on time, so I was happy.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  21 October 2014 by D Mauro    (USA)

JFK-LIM-JFK in economy. I was very impressed with the in-flight service, but I still had a rather negative experience with this airline. I was booked on their direct flight from NY to Lima. On the day of my flight, I was shocked when I discovered that there was a 12 hour delay! After spending hours on the phone, I was finally re- routed via Miami and ended up rushing out the door to catch this new flight. I was lucky to end up making it to Lima on time. It's a shame that I spent extra money to have the direct flight, but ended up having to make a stressful connection (with a very long layover). Inflight service was excellent and two hot meals were provided, but I can't say that I would call LAN reliable.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Brown Katrina    (New Zealand)

Flights 801 and 800 return Auckland to Sydney. Definitely value for money, did not expect something to eat on an economy flight. Pleasant staff and will definitely be travelling with LAN again.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2014 by V Carl    (Germany)

SCL-LSC, short hop to La Serena, very friendly and polite crew. Seat pitch ridiculous, luckily just an hour flight! I usually never have problems with pitch, but cramped 174 (non slim) seats in a A320? That's almost what you would get on a low cost carrier. Otherwise seamless flight. The ground staff lacks knowledge of English and could have a bit more of a service attitude! Cabin crew excellent though!

LAN Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by J Black    (Australia)

I don't normally write reviews but after several flights with LAN and the continued problems with special meals it is becoming a persistent problem. Every time I fly I specifically request vegetarian meals when I book a flight. When I had 3 connecting flights from Chile to New York, the first 2 flights I was provided with a vegetarian meal however the third and also the longest flight for some reason I was not provided with a vegetarian meal. On my last flight from Chile to Australia, my flight was changed by LAN a month prior to the date. Whilst on the phone with a LAN representative I requested a vegetarian meal again to make sure after the last flight I would not have a reoccurring problem. It was assured to me that the meal was requested. The day of the flight I rang LAN to make sure that I had a vegetarian meal, unfortunately however in the system it appeared that I had not requested it. The frustrating thing was I requested the meal over a month ago when they called to change my flight. Normally in situations like this I would not bother me to much but on long 14 hour flights with not provided meal it is a real inconvenience.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  15 August 2014 by M Haugh    (UK)

Two internal flights while on holiday in Peru, Lima to Cusco and then Arequipa to Lima, both left on time, very comfortable flights. Service was very good from the cabin crew. All in all a pleasant way to travel around Peru at a reasonable cost.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by Roberts Bernie    (Australia)

I would never recommend LAN Airlines to anyone contemplating using them, I was due to fly from Sydney on 7th June to Rio with them, they changed the flight departure with less than 24 hrs notice, I was due to arrive in Rio on Saturday 8th June at 9 pm but instead arrived on Sunday at 8pm, my luggage arrived the following day! Terrible service on the flight from Sydney to Auckland, the food was cold and inedible, cabin service was slow and poor, also I asked for a gin and tonic and received the reply "we don't have any gin". Am dreading having to fly back to Sydney with them in a weeks time.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by Jenny Bentley    (UK)

We have booked to fly from London to South America return and LAN has issued the tickets. We upgraded to business class but on one of the 4 sectors we cannot choose our seats - totally unacceptable when paying for a business class ticket. None of the flights are actually operated by LAN though all the flights have a LAN codeshare. LAN customer service is completely useless when it comes to resolving this issue. LAN have good prices but it seems the downside is poor customer service.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  23 July 2014 by Catherine Hugo    (New Zealand)

Mayhem on flights from Auckland to Sydney! Was scheduled to fly from Auckland to Sydney (with ongoing flights to South Africa) at the end of May 2014. The flight came in from Santiago. Our first inklings that something was wrong was when the flight did not start boarding on time. They only announced about half an hour after the flight was meant to take off that there was something wrong with the plane which meant that the flight was delayed for about 3 hours. The communication from the ground staff was almost non-existent. They merely told us our flight was delayed and made little to no effort to keep us updated or get those of us on ongoing international flights on re- routed flights. The counter staff, albeit very stressed understandably, were not very helpful. We were given some coupons for food, but it honestly took around 2 hours standing in the queue even to get a coupon for a coffee because the counters had one or two staff for a line of around 200 passengers. I had to beg at the counter to try to get a re-routed flight through Hong Kong - a suggestion I had to make! After finally getting re-routed, LAN refused to release my baggage to my new carrier (Cathay Pacific) even though the aircraft had been sitting on the tarmac for about 7 hours by the time my new flight departed - a fact that seemed completely unacceptable to Cathay Pacific who tried very hard to get our bags on the new flight and said they had repeatedly asked LAN to release the bags to them. I eventually arrived in South Africa, a full 14 hours later than I should have, but thankful to be there at all. In talking to some of the other carrier staff on the ground in Auckland before I left (and after I returned) this was not a once-off occurrence and LAN is regularly delayed in Auckland.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  14 June 2014 by Lam Kok Wai    (Singapore)

We took LAN from Sao Paulo to Lima, from Lima to Cuzco (return) as well as from Lima to Iguazu Brazil. All four segments were good and on time. Food and drinks served were ok. Staff were friendly and cheerful. Typical south American hospitality. If you are flying LAN as a foreigner, once you buy more than 3 segments online, you are automatically put on LANPASS and enjoy substantial savings compared to flying just one route or two. Only buy tickets using the South American pass if you want the change of date/time flexibility as the cost will be substantially higher for such flexibility. I bought the tickets through the USA website, and they allowed me to cancel FOC within 24 hours, I lost only the currency conversion as well as processing fee. Planes are normally quite full. Ask for window seats if you want to see Lake Titicaca on daylight flights.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  14 June 2014 by Anthony Gibbons    (New Zealand)

Flew LAN on a QANTAS /TAM ticket from Auckland to Rio return, connecting through Santiago (16 May, return last Sunday 8 June). LAN seem to have major operational issues with their A343 flights to and from Oceania. Being kind one could say they are erring on the side of caution but significant punctuality issues where flights are frequently either delayed or cancelled does not inspire confidence (retrospectively checked flightaware.com to verify my suspicions). LAN800 delayed ex Auckland by over 1 hour, which proved QFs text message received the night before to be correct. Contacted QF on receipt regarding my 1h20 min connection as was travelling on to Europe from Rio same day. Told to contact LAN directly. Did so and LAN adamant that no problem with connecting as flight on time. Phooey! Encountered same circus at Santiago on arrival from Rio enroute home. Went to allocated gate to snare some snooze time for the 4 hours transit only to wake up to 2 gate changes (from gate 11 to 14 then finally 17B), one flight status of 'cancellado' and one of 'atrasado' (delayed). All for the same LAN801. Amazing. Flight eventually left some hours after scheduled 2320h take off as a replacement crew then needed to be called up. Insult to injury was the dinner served around 4-5am. Food masquerading as beef is not worth being kept awake for. Real shame as inflight, the crew are pretty charming and attentive. I would expect these shenanigans from AR with whom I've previously travelled to Argentina. Had hoped LAN would be superior. On the positive side, the flights between Santiago and Rio were pleasant. Just wish there was a reliable alternative or LAN just got its act together.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  13 June 2014 by Harold Bush    (UK)

Bogota to Santiago in Business Premium. Some of the most friendly flight attendants I have come across. I think they were Bogota-based at this flight was operated by LAN Colombia. The flight departed at midnight and arrived in Santiago at 6.30am next day, so food option was a quiche for dinner and a muffin for breakfast. I personally expected something better and I did not eat anything in LAN's beautiful lounge at Bogota's airport before boarding. Most people went straight to bed after taking off. One would have to be extremely tired and sleepy to be able to sleep. The seats are extremely uncomfortable. They are very hard and narrow and there is not space to store anything, apart from in the literature pocket in front. Do not leave stuff on your side as they will be swallowed by the seat when it is put in the bed position. The wonderful crew took ages to retrieve my glasses that simply disappeared.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  9 June 2014 by David Jordan    (Chile)

I've had good and bad experiences with LAN over the years but recently found they have very much improved their customer service. I was on LA801, SCL-AKl on 5 June which first was delayed and then cancelled. At all times we were kept informed and once they announced the cancellation, we were taken to one of various very good hotels for the night. The next day, a LAN representative came to the hotel around lunchtime to update us and announced that the flight would finally be leaving 23 hours after the original planned departure time. We were well looked after up to boarding time. I also found that the cabin crew spoke much better English than in the past, and were very attentive. I was in economy, but as on other trips, I found their meals to be excellent. All in all, a much improved airline.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  30 May 2014 by Dylan Gan    (Malaysia)

Lima-Sao Paulo. Poor Premium economy service, no meal provided. I had to request a glass of orange juice personally when I saw the cabin crew. Starving on the 5 hours flight, crew with no smiles at all. No choice to fly with them as the only airline in South American that covers most destination.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  29 May 2014 by S Adlam    (USA)

AKL-SYD. Business. The worst service ever. LAN called the evening before to inform me of three hour delay which I explained was problematic due to a two hour connection in SYD. Reservation staff assured me they would put me on another flight back to LAX in the morning at airport when I checked in. That was a complete ill truth as check- in was handled by Air NZ whom did nothing and quite rude. Was then booked on Qantas which was fantastic whom made sure I made my connection. Would never fly LAN.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  28 May 2014 by J Bacallado    (Spain)

Buenos Aires - Santiago de Chile - Montevideo. All sectors on time. Check in usually fast and easy. The boarding is ok, by rows or priority if you have it. Once on board nice FA. Seat pitch ok for economy, small TV's around the cabin in economy, headsets given, few comedies shown. A sandwich and a chocolate, drinks offered. Arrival on time, bag short on belts. Recommend LAN.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  24 May 2014 by N Francis    (UK)

BOG-CTG Quick hop between Bogota and Cartagena one way for about 60. There's always a slight issue when flying internally from the capital's airport as neither airline or airport websites, taxi drivers nor some employees seem to have consensus on which terminal anyone flies from. The issue with this is that the old terminal has no physical connection to the new so transit between is a bit of a bother. Thankfully, all LAN flights currently go from the new El Dorado terminal which is clean and modern. Even though it wasn't that busy, it still seemed to take around 45 minutes to get to a check in desk - large numbers of employees chatting rather than working seemed to be the problem. Once checked in, quickly through to domestic departures which has a few bars and shops. Warm welcome onboard a brand new A320. Very comfy seats with decent legroom. Minor altercation as we approached the runway as a gentleman behind me had brought a chicken onboard with him, unnoticed by the crew - or indeed by any security personnel on the ground. Incredulously, the captain elected to take off anyway. Smooth flight, with complimentary tea, coffee and juice, as well as a small snack box of chips and cookies - nicely presented and perfectly adequate for the 60min flight. Landed on time, and bags off swiftly. Good flight only slightly marred by inefficient ground staff and live animal policy!

LAN Airlines Customer review :  18 May 2014 by J Orr    (USA)

The flight was LAX to Lima to Cusco, great seats, new plane. Free entertainment in back of seat. Two meals and snack on short Lima to Cusco flight. US airlines too stingy to go old school. Uber friendly flight attendants. Only weird thing is 10lb limit on carry on. When checking in bag, I also had a normal rolling carry on and a small purse. The rolling back weighed 12 lbs and my purse 3.5? They made me rearrange my carry ons so the rolling bag was not over 10lbs. You know once I walked into airport, I changed it right back. Flight from Lima to Peru didn't even ask to weigh and it was much smaller plane. They also do not accept TSA pre check at Bradley terminal LAX, very disappointing.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  17 May 2014 by R Faulkner    (USA)

The reservation system and agents is not good. I had to make a couple changes to a business class flight to and from the US to South America. It was a nightmare. Communication in English was difficult and the changes took forever. On the return I simply inquired about changing my departure time. The agent misunderstood and released my seat. I had to take a different flight and was charges the fare difference! In flight personnel were good though but watch out if you have to make changes.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  8 May 2014 by T Holz    (Australia)

Recent flight from Sydney to Santiago (LAN800) and then Santiago to Buenos Aries (LA445) was excellent. Flights on time, transitions were seamless with luggage arriving in Buenos Aries. Staff were friendly, aircraft was clean with plenty of legroom and the in-flight food was very good. I had my doubts about flying LAN Airlines but after this experience I was very impressed.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  6 May 2014 by F Manning    (Sweden)

SCL-MAD. New aircraft, friendly staff and varied inflight entertainment. This is my preferred airline for this route.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  24 April 2014 by Ates Asli    (Spain)

I flew from Frankfurt to Madrid. Seats were comfortable, the plane had an entertainment system and cabin crew were good. But the food was awful. I was hungry and they served a sandwich box, but they didn't have a vegetarian option. Even the low cost airlines offer vegetarian, vegan etc. I was starving when we landed.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2014 by A Storey    (USA)

BOG-GRU. Daylight flight on 767. Full plane but crew did an excellent job serving everyone. Good lunch and drinks. Excellent movies to choose from. Seating was comfortable. Good lounge in Bogota at new terminal.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2014 by R Brydon    (Australia)

I arrived in Santiago yesterday, from Sydney and Auckland, only to find my connection flight to Sao Paulo had departed. After a very long time at the LAN desk in Santiago I was put on a flight to Buenos Aires, to connect to Sao Paulo. Unfortunately the girl at the LAN Santiago desk did not book me on the flight she told me I was booked onto. The flight was full and I found out about this when I got to Buenos Aires. They managed to find me a seat on a packed, dirty TAM plane in Economy class. My ticket was for Business class. My flight originated in Melbourne, I'm an old Qantas frequent flyer customer and I was extremely disappointed with the service. To top it all up, my 2 suitcases did not arrive. The LAN on-board service and flight attendants were extremely good, but the ground staff were very poorly equipped to deal with arriving passengers. Chaotic would be a better description for the situation!

LAN Airlines Customer review :  20 April 2014 by D Norton    (UK)

Bogota to Quito via Medellin. Flight on time and full. Only coffee or water on internal flights offered and no sense of urgency considering flight time. Other airlines manage to serve food and full bar service on such a flight sector. Transfer in Medellin not recognised, had to exit and go through the tedious security before sent back to check in since no hand luggage tag given since previous check in at Bogota! No lounge facilities at both airports even though to Quito it was international. Process in Medellin unacceptable. Service inflight to Quito with limited drinks and no alcohol, food or even snack offered. When asked to have a beer was told they would check in the back but the crew never returned. No food at all during the 90 minute flight and in the end no drink! The crew were more interested passing through the cabin announcing duty free sales and shopping. Ghost pilots with no announcements and could hardly understand the English from the crew! In my humble opinion a terrible airline lacking service and consistency. This taking into consideration the relatively expensive ticket for such a short journey with lack of service, despite being a Oneworld Emerald member.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  16 April 2014 by P Seel    (France)

LA2707, Madrid-Lima, March 10 2014. LA531, Lima-Santiago, March 13 2014. LA4544, Buenos Aires-Sao Paolo. Business Class except Buenos Aires-Sao Paolo which was Premium Economy. We first flew LAN 3 years ago, were very satisfied then and it didn't disappoint this time. Would have preferred completely lie-flat beds though like we had Madrid- Santiago in 2011. Food excellent, well-chosen wines and very cheerful and attentive cabin staff. We also used LAN for 3 internal flights in economy and had no complaints there either. The flight from El Calafate to Buenos Aires was two hours late but our agent was informed and departure from our hotel delayed so we weren't hanging around at the airport. Special mention for Lima Business Class lounge - a smoker's paradise! Open to the air so no tobacco smell and comfortably furnished. My non-smoking companion preferred to sit there with me than to use the air- conditioned non-smoking section and it looked as though quite a few other non-smokers were of the same mind too!

LAN Airlines Customer review :  15 April 2014 by D Graubard    (USA)

LAN 933/500 - Mendoza to SCL to Miami. Coach to SCL and Business to MIA. A320 out of Mendoza departed on time and was a quick 40 minute flight. Beautiful flight over the Andes mountains - the pilot came on to point out a few mountain tops in Spanish and English. Not even a drink service - I've been on other 40 min flights that at least had water offered. But good flight overall. 767-300 from SCL to MIA - excellent! Purser came to my seat and thanked me personally for being Emerald One World - very nice. Food as always on LAN is great - had an express dinner and then slept 5.5 hours on one of the best Biz Class seats in the air. Arrived on time and bags out and through immigration/customs in 30 minutes after deplaning.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  11 April 2014 by D Graubard    (USA)

Flew BA Aeroparque to Mendoza on 9 April. A320 was to leave at 5.50pm but delay of inbound flight. Not an issue but the gate agents never made any announcement about a delay. Line forming so I went to ask and she said leaving at 5.55pm. We didn't even board until 6.15pm through buses - agent had said we would board through a jet bridge but anyone who has flown LA from AEP knows Aerolineas Argentinas uses the jet bridges and makes LA use stairs on the Tarmac to board. Bussed to aircraft - friendly attendant greeted passengers at both front and rear doors. Pilot apologized for the delay. Quick take off and 1 hour 40 minutes to Mendoza. Snack box was appreciated but mostly sugary cookies - not healthy at all. Flight landed and bags off quick. LAN is a good airline but sometimes leaves little things to be desired. Flying them 12 April Mendoza - Santiago-Miami so will see how that goes.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  10 April 2014 by Alvaro Orrantia    (Canada)

I was flying from Buenos Aires to San Carlos de Barioche on March 28 and LAN announced an 'unanticipated' maintenance work on the plane. This caused a delay of about 90 minutes, leaving close to 10pm. There were no vouchers for a snack and ground personnel didn't even know how to use a pay phone to call someone who was going to pick me up. On my way home, flying from Buenos Aires to Sao Paulo, on April 9, LAN again has an 'unanticipated' maintenance work on the plane.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  8 April 2014 by A Greenberg    (USA)

Flight was scheduled to leave at 12.40pm from LIM and go to LAX. At about noon it was announced that the flight was delayed due to technical issues, and to return at 2.00pm. At 2.00pm it was announced the issues were not resolved, and to come back at 4.00pm. At 4.00pm it was announced that the flight was delayed until 7.00am the next day. Passengers passports were collected to get the exit stamp revoked, when passports were handed back 2 hours later, it was done in a nerve wrecking fashion. I asked one of the staff if there was another flight that night to Southern California, he said no. Later I see someone getting onto standby, and I learn there was another flight that night. I waited on standby and did not get a spot. I took the appointed taxi to the hotel I was given to stay at. At the airport I get my new boarding pass. I get to the boarding gate, and learned that the flight is delayed again. Throughout the whole process, staff would make important announcements only in Spanish. I would ask for a translation, and some of the staff were unable to give it. Hours later the flight finally got off the ground. A delayed flight is forgivable, but the way the ordeal was handle was unacceptable.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  7 April 2014 by R Wilking    (Germany)

Mendoza-SCL to Madrid in economy. Ground Crew in MDZ gave me an aisle seat (36H) for the long haul trip SCL-MAD, I cross-checked in SCL on arriving, everything ok. At boarding, I was given a window seat in another row, ground crew unhelpful and incompetent. They said that the flight crew was to give me another seat. Onboard, I contacted the purser. She managed the problem in a completely efficient and graceful way, contacting me several times during the flight, even offering a drink to me and the people who had to go back to their original middle and window seat, thus sharing space with me: very professional service. Rest of the crew very polite, helpful, speaking several languages. A very pleasant experience for a flight in economy, very recommendable. Good food (even breakfast, which can be a big problem with other airlines) good drinks, excellent IFE in a new 787. Seats ok, I am 1.75m and not very broad. It seems the seats are narrower than on other planes, I managed to get some sleep anyway. Anyway, you should not store anything in the seat pocket before you, space gets cramped and you feel something like a steel rod on your knees.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  28 March 2014 by Eelco van den Heuvel    (Netherlands)

MAD-FRA. Excellent business class offer: 225 euros ow, only 100 euros more expensive than economy. Very relaxing flight, which started in the nice, well equipped Iberia lounge in T4S at Madrid Airport. I was about the only one in biz. Comfortable seat, nice inflight entertainment, tasty meal and friendly crew. The purser introducing herself was a nice personal touch. 787 Dreamliner is a great, silent plane and I like the coloring of the windows instead of blinds. Price was less than one third of Lufthansa and Iberia fare. And with a real business class in stead of a free middle seat. Highly recommended.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  26 March 2014 by Jordan Charles    (Argentina)

EZE-SCL-EZE in premium economy. Staff at check in very efficient. On board, excellent service for the two hour flight. Good cold food and selection of wines, soft drinks, etc. Both flights on time and luggage delivery very fast. IFE several channels of good music.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  24 March 2014 by Steve Tait    (USA)

Flew LAN on 4 flights around Peru. The flights themselves were fine. Clean planes, good crews, and largely on time. It's their systems that are a big problem starting with the fact you can't reserve seats in advance until check-in is available 48 hours prior to departure. I find that problematic and then tried unsuccessfully to get seats and check in online 48 hours prior to the flight only to get a message saying I had multiple destinations and needed to call them. Not acceptable nowadays. One of my flights had a time change of an hour and I was never notified and only found out when I got to the airport. Finally one of my segments was from Iquitos connecting in Lima and then on to Cuzco. My bag was the only one on the flight to Cuzco that did not arrive. OK that happens but they handled it horribly. They really need to get their systems and customer service up to current standards particularly as you pay a premium on LAN over the other domestic Peruvian carriers.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  10 March 2014 by J Ackermann    (Germany)

EZE-SCL. Transferring to LAN from Lufthansa in EZE. Although not in the same alliance, LAN representative awaited transferring LH passengers at LH gate upon arrival, checking that their transfer baggage number were in LAN's system, providing them with boarding passes or escorting them through security to LAN counter. Very professional! LAN lounge in EZE one of the best I ever encountered. Even dulce de leche ice cream was offered. Flight on A 320 was uneventful. Aircraft in good shape, decent snack and drinks. Even some IFE (in Spanish). Baggage delivery very fast. Baggage question in preparation of trip was answered via Facebook fast and correctly. Would recommend without hesitation.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  6 March 2014 by J Bosch    (USA)

Compared to some airlines, LAN had a decent amount of legroom, and the international food and beverage options were decent. However, LAN is terrible when it comes to customer service if anything goes wrong. We were at our gate two hours early and followed the signage since we didn't speak the local language. The signage was all wrong, and our flight left without us. We were literally standing under a video screen with our flight information that said pre-boarding and that the fight was delayed, and it turns out the flight left from a different line somewhere. Ok, so is there another flight we can get to the destination from anyone at this airport? No, they said. Only a flight at the same time the next day, which would have defeated the purpose of our trip. We investigated ourselves and found out they just pulled that out of nowhere because there were several other flights from other airlines that day. So we booked one of those flights and made arrangements with LAN to pick up our luggage when we got there, since it was on the missed flight. They said they had called and arranged for our luggage to be taken to the luggage office and to pick it up when we got there. When we got there, LAN had gone home for the day and locked our bags away. No bag for us until the next day. Never again will I fly LAN airlines. Absolutely unacceptable customer service.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  6 March 2014 by C Douglas    (Australia)

My experience with LAN was excellent. I used these forums extensively before booking for a return trip Australia to Sth America, so I'm writing to give some balance to the negative reviews. I travelled with an 88 yr old relative who went Business Class and I went Economy. Only one of our 6 flights was delayed and only by 35 mins. This caused a missed connecting flight which was sorted out seamlessly, baggage transferred, all good. LAN made sure I could be close to my relative by putting me at the very front of Economy each time. I was also allowed to use their lounges as I was flying with someone in Business Class. The only lounge which wouldn't let me in was a Qantas one in Sydney at the start of the journey, even though my relative had a guest pass for me and I'm a Qantas FF. They apparently share the same One World system as LAN. Cabin crew were great, seats were good, food fine, selection of films huge - cost way less than Qantas, halfway between the Qantas price and the Aerolineas Argentinas price. Glad we went LAN, I recommend it.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  27 February 2014 by Vivek Gupta    (USA)

Very disappointing experience flying LAN last night - essentially harassed by an incompetent and poorly informed check-in crew at AEP in Buenos Aires. Flew LAN 480 last night from AEP to Santiago - check-in crew insisted that Chile reciprocity fee needed to be paid before they will check us in - ran around the airport for an hour to figure how/where to pay, could not find any I online location, embassy website said pay on arrival in SCL - but 4 ladies at the check-in desk refused to accept, and kept insisting for payment before check-in. Asked to see supervisor and was told supervisor was in meeting and would be available only after flight departure time. Finally rep from Salon VIP came to the rescue and convinced the crew to get approval and check us in. The actual flight was ok. Landed in SCL to find that Chile does not collect reciprocity fee anymore! Highly unlikely to fly or recommend this airline in the future. Very disappointing.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  21 February 2014 by S Summers    (UK)

Salta-AEP on LAN Argentina. Flight departure delayed by an hour due to weather in Buenos Aires. Warm welcome on board, drinks and a small snack box containing chocolate and biscuits was provided although a fresh sandwich/wrap would have been preferable.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  12 February 2014 by J Bibby    (UK)

Flew from Sao Paulo to Santiago de Chile and then, five days later from Santiago to La Paz, Bolivia via Iquique. Excellent service, efficient and friendly cabin crew, good food, comfortable seats. Excellent!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8