Korean Air Passenger Reviews and Korean Air Customer Trip Reports

Korean Air Customer review :  17 September 2012 by T Hill    (Vietnam)

SGN to IAD return. All flights were on time and well attended. Airbus 330 to and from ICN and 777 300 to IAD and return. Both flight were clean, comfortable and staffed by friendly flight attendants. Check-in was easy and Incheon remains a very pleasant airport. About IAD, the less said the better.

Korean Air Customer review :  14 September 2012 by K Choi    (Korea)

KE036 Atlanta to Incheon, Terminal F at Hartsfield Jackson. Boeing 777-300ER. My entire flight was a codeshare beginning from Orlando international to ATL via DL airlines then to Incheon via KE. When I arrived at ATL and took the train to terminal F there was a fairly long line at the KAL gate which made me prioritize lunch over checking in. After lunch I came back to hear the gate agent tell me the airplane was full and they had to bump me to business class "prestige class." KE035 ICN to ATL arrived 30 minutes late. Not only that but some of the other elite passengers were grumbling when the boarding process didn't move as fluidly as they would have hoped. However, once everyone was seated in the aircraft, everything went flawlessly. The cabin crew smiled. This airplane was well kept, the toilets were clean and nothing seemed to be broken. The food selection was nice. I drained my ANR headset batteries halfway through the flight and had to swap with new ones. I had an extra pair with me in the overhead so I tried to swap them only to lose one battery on the cabin floor. I asked a cabin crew member to help me look for it, she came back with an LED light got down on her knee and found it for me. That is going beyond the call of duty in my book. After landing at Incheon, I deboarded and got to the parking lot within 20 minutes with my checked baggage.

Korean Air Customer review :  4 September 2012 by Ken Love    (UK)

First time flying with them and was impressed. The seats were comfortable with lots of leg room. The touch screen was great with about 50 movies to pick from including lots that are only just out at the cinema in the UK. Food was really good but would have liked more. Service was brilliant, the cabin crew smiled the whole time.

Korean Air Customer review :  4 September 2012 by E Guitberg    (Japan)

Ulaanbaatar - Seoul and Seoul - Chicago. Two excellent flights. Managed to sleep soundly on both flights. Food was the best I've had on any airline. Flights were on time, seats were comfortable and flight attendants friendly, courteous and attentive. Highly recommended.

Korean Air Customer review :  4 September 2012 by Israel Dela Cruz    (USA)

San Francisco to Manila via Incheon. The best inflight entertainment I've had. I traveled with my wife and 2 kids and the food was good. Flight attendants are fair although I've met nicer ones on other airlines. I highly recommend this airline.

Korean Air Customer review :  29 August 2012 by M Hoffman    (Croatia)

LHR-ICN-AUC. Not new, but well maintained 747 - 400. Everything from boarding to disembarking in AUC was polite and friendly. Plane was clean, seats comfortable, even for a nap. Selection of food excellent. Rarely rely on IFE, but managed to listen some good music for 2 hours, and spent about the same time staring at screen. Great time during layover in ICN with fair prices in countless shops. This was my first time with Korean, after many flights with more glorious competitors.

Korean Air Customer review :  17 August 2012 by A Raj Gopal    (Australia)

MEL-ICN-LGW and CDG-ICN-MEL. 777-300ER and A330s were clean, comfortable and well presented. Very diverse inflight entertainment with the biggest screens in economy I have ever seen. The seats recline more than any other airline I have traveled internationally on - not only does the back support tilt, but the seat bottom also pitches out to give a much flatter and more comfortable resting position. Incredibly polite and helpful staff. Food was top-notch. Incheon is an excellent airport. Never delayed. Will definitely fly them again.

Korean Air Customer review :  17 August 2012 by Michael Hollifield    (Korea)

ATL-ICN. My trip back to Korea offered the same meals, entertainment and professional hospitality expected on Korean Air. The only difference, and an important one at that, was something everyone should note. I had a window seat (left side of the plane) and it was so hot from the sun that the window was hot to the touch for about 5-6 hours. Sleeping was difficult and made the area noticeably warmer. Obviously, not Korean Air's fault, but still important to note.

Korean Air Customer review :  17 August 2012 by Alden Hiett    (USA)

Round-trip Flight from Atlanta to PVG in June. Seats were full recline and comfortable on 777-200. Flight attendants attentive and no problems with speaking or understanding English. I plan to fly Korean on future trips to Shanghai via ICN and would recommend without reservations.

Korean Air Customer review :  15 August 2012 by K Lim    (Canada)

INC to KUL on 777-200 business class; 6 hour flight. Overall a pleasant experience. First time ever with Korean Air; an unintentional booking as it was a codeshare with Malaysia airlines. Well groomed FA's. Business class cabin has 2-2-2 configuration face front seating, spacious! IFE located in clumsy console in front and between seats, overly complex to navigate IFE as there are too many language options. Very confusing and frustrating. Bi bim bap for dinner a must have. Only downside is the weaker English speaking skills of the FA's. A great business class experience.

Korean Air Customer review :  3 August 2012 by Jennifer Knox    (New Zealand)

Paris - Auckland, cannot fault performance of the cabin crew, seats are comfortable. They supplied us with toothbrush, paste, padded eye mask and wipes and good entertainment. I also commend Incheon Airport's Tourist Transfer Hotel. We had a 10 hour layover in Seoul which was a bit daunting until we discovered the hotel. It cost us approximately 60 euros for 6 hours and we would have paid double that just to rest.

Korean Air Customer review :  2 August 2012 by E Kim    (Korea)

ICN-KIX-ICN: two short flights. First leg on a A333 and the second was on a B772. Both of the times, the cabin crew responded politely to all calls made and smiled. The seat was alright. However, the food was terrible. Only one choice was given both ways. To KIX was some kind of eel with rice. It just looked so bad. From KIX was a sandwich and was worse than ones that stores in Korea sell for $.99. My AVOD had to be reset but no problem, the crew did it within five minutes and apologized when they did not have to. Both flights arrived early.

Korean Air Customer review :  1 August 2012 by Fergus Bugg    (Australia)

ICN-LAX - Arrived at ICN airport to find out that my flight KE017 A380 flight will be delayed 2 hours which meant I would miss a connecting flight from LAX to Chicago. Even though I booked this flight separately the check-in agent spoke to her manager and re-booked a later connecting flight free of charge. Lounge at ICN is ok, I was expecting more given it's home base. Boarding was quick and efficient and I was very impressed with the business class layout, having flown Singapore airlines A380 on numerous occasions it was great to see an alternate layout. Plenty of leg room, and very comfy seat. TV screen is large, however the movie and TV selection isn't as extensive as Singapore or Qatar and the headsets the same as economy. The most impressive part of the A380 is the on-board bars at the front and back of the plane - excellent cocktails served with snacks. Dinner was served after take off and the food was excellent and steak cooked to your preference - I ordered medium and it was cooked to perfection! Overall a great experience and extremely friendly and efficient cabin crew.

Korean Air Customer review :  26 July 2012 by Michael Hollifield    (Korea)

ICN-ATL on 777-300ER. Seats were comfortable for 14 hours, ample leg room and recline. The seatback entertainment was better than on the old 747 because of bigger screen. My only complaint is that it's the same in both directions, so my options will be low on the return trip to ICN, but that's a small problem to have. The mood lighting in Economy was a nice touch! The service and staff - pleasant and graceful, even during severe turbulence. I opted for the Korean meals and they were delicious. Airport check-in was a breeze using the self service kiosk. Despite what appeared to be a large bag drop line, I was in and out of the drop line and x-ray procedure in less than 10 minutes.

Korean Air Customer review :  26 July 2012 by Paul Johns    (USA)

LAX to Narita (with 2 hour layover) and then to Incheon. Economy seats had a pillow, blanket, headphones, slippers, toothbrush, and toothpaste. I had the window seat. The seat itself was pretty roomy, able to stretch my feet below the seat in from of me. The food was great for a plane meal. There were about three options for each meal. They serve tea and coffee after each meal. Entertainment was great! Overall, I was very satisfied with the service. They spoke good English, and Japanese! They were very polite from start to end. Never failed to smile!

Korean Air Customer review :  26 July 2012 by G Kohen    (USA)

LAX to GRU in business. Service on the ground the best I have encountered. Left my cell in the cab and the ticket agent worked with me to get my phone back. Lounge was decent in LAX, but TBIT is awful. Very comfortable seat, with enough leg room for me at 6'3. Food service was very weak and I had to constantly ask for extra water as the FAs were nowhere to be found. Was hungry after both meals which was odd but they were very bready and lacked substance. Slept for most of the flight. Overall an outstanding flight with great ground service, and decent in flight service.

Korean Air Customer review :  12 July 2012 by G Capuano    (Macau)

Flew my family of 4 from Hong Kong to Brazil, service was great, all flights on time, only bad experience was on our way back in LAX. I was taking a later flight to HKG while my family went to Brazil, they would not allow me to check in early so I could assist my family through security with their earlier flight. With a 7 and a 1 year old, this was difficult for my wife. I was holding a business class ticket back but they still would not let me check in early. I found seats in business class uncomfortable and the seat pad was short. I'm 6'2" about 220 but while in the upright position it was uncomfortable. Good experience but the upgrade for 2k was not worth it.

Korean Air Customer review :  10 July 2012 by D Fraser    (Australia)

SYD-ICN-IAD return. Unfortunately if you travel from Australia to US via Korea - with a very long layover overnight - you don't qualify for hotel vouchers. Is not noted in promotional material (with different European policy apparently) and they weren't friendly even though I was travelling alone with 2 children. Could have been a lot more helpful.

Korean Air Customer review :  29 June 2012 by Maz Broughton    (Australia)

SYD-ICN-LHR return. First time with Korean Air and found the whole experience very satisfying. Lots of leg room for my husband who is very tall and interactive screens with plenty of choices. Staff were friendly and helpful, amenities were spotless and the food delicious. Vouchers for free accommodation and meals on the layover (on way across) was excellent. Would highly recommend this airline and would fly with them again.

Korean Air Customer review :  29 June 2012 by Kim Holloway    (Australia)

Just completed SYD-LGW return. Full flights to Gatwick were fantastic with about a 90 minute stopover at Incheon and avoiding Heathrow was a bonus. Return flights were the same except there were quite a few spare seats. We spent a night in Seoul and the KAL limousine service from/to the airport was effortless. Incheon airport is the best airport anywhere for every need travellers require. Friendly, happy crews, meals/snacks throughout, spotless toilets, quiet, relaxed passengers. The four 10-11 hour flights passed very quickly and either departed or arrived early and on time. The B777 were comfortable and clean with plenty of leg room and with an actual feeling of roominess. This has to be the best economy cabin/seating we have experienced. Could not fault any aspect of the trip and is most highly recommended.

Korean Air Customer review :  29 June 2012 by Cliodhna Lyons    (Ireland)

Have flown with countless different airlines all over the world and Korean Air rank up there as the best I've ever flown with. Have flown International with them from Japan and internally within Korea. Staff are wonderful - spoke prefect English to me even on the internal flights which I didn't expect. Best vegetarian meal I've had on a plane and wonderful airport ground staff when I got lost in Busan. Would fly with them every time I fly if I could.