Korean Air Passenger Reviews and Korean Air Customer Trip Reports

Korean Air Customer review :  6 January 2012 by D Chan    (Canada)

Service was excellent, additional extras for overnight comfort were appreciated. Flew Incheon to HCMC return, both trips were excellent. I asked to change my seat to something closer to the exit and it was arranged immediately and with a smile. Mealwise - the meal was better than average. Entertainment options and customer service made Korean Air stand out.

Korean Air Customer review :  5 January 2012 by Denise Grahame    (UK)

December 2011, I and my 80 year old mother travelled Phuket via Seoul. My mother was apprehensive as she has mobility problems, from the moment we arrived at Heathrow and the check-in desk, staff were extremely helpful and attentive, this service was matched by the wonderful inflight cabin crew on both flights and the service in Incheon airport in Seoul. Inflight service, food and entertainment was very good but it was the extra service from staff that is to be recommended.

Korean Air Customer review :  4 January 2012 by A Yee    (Singapore)

The flight itself was quite comfortable, with an attentive crew. All the good service in the air is nullified by those on the ground. Check-in was a pain, with staff running across different counters, leaving passengers half-checked-in and stranded clueless with nobody serving. I witnessed one poor passenger ignored for a full 30 minutes. The smiles were superficial and the attitude snobbish. Once you get over this part, the flight itself is reasonably comfortable. Food isn't fantastic though.

Korean Air Customer review :  30 December 2011 by Steven Hales    (UK)

747-400 to Sydney Australia on December 10th return. At check-in I requested an exit row seat as I am 6 ft 3, I was given a window seat, and was told the door sticks out but not enough to make me uncomfortable. This was a lie and I was very uncomfortable! On my second leg to Sydney I stuck with seat 56J back row, window seat, two seater, I was much more comfortable, despite the seats on Korean Air feeling like you're sitting on a bench. On my first leg they ran out of Diet Coke 2 hours into a 11 hour flight. I was offered Korean or Western food, Korean food got a lot more than western food. Staff took 20 minutes to answer my bell. Staff brought round snacks once on all flights and the only thing offered was peanuts. They brought round drinks twice on all 4 long haul flights, but didn't bring the drinks trolley round, they brought round trays of orange juice and water. The only positive thing I can say is that the overnight stay at Harbour Park Hotel was nice, and well organised.

Korean Air Customer review :  25 December 2011 by D Towers    (New Zealand)

Dec 2011 AKL-ICN flight on 747 -400. We travelled with 2 children 3 and 4 yrs old and were dreading the flight. We had pre-booked a row of 4 seats hoping we could lift the armrests so the kids could lay flat, however we found the centre rest wouldn't move. This was the only downside to our flight, the crew seemed to be ever present with snacks and drinks. Children's meals were of good quality as were the adult meals. IFE was also good. Crew provided children's goodie bags.

Korean Air Customer review :  25 December 2011 by A Fowler    (UK)

Disappointed with all aspects. I flew Ulaanbaatar to London via Seoul. Despite me telling check-in staff in Ulaanbaatar I needed my bags in Seoul as I had an overnight stopover, they checked them through to London. The seats on Ulaanbaatar to Seoul leg had adequate legroom but the headrest was low, digging into my back and shoulders. The food on both flights was terrible and inflight service was poor. Staff didn't have a good command of English and I could not understand the inflight announcements. Inflight entertainment was ok, having spent 4,500 on a business class return I was extremely unhappy.

Korean Air Customer review :  20 December 2011 by J Clarkson    (New Zealand)

London to Auckland via Seoul September 2011. Service exceeded all expectations. Massive amount of entertainment (on both flights) and the first time I'd seen touch screens. Excellent service and food. Perhaps this is because both planes seemed to be new. Journey to Auckland was on a jumbo - because of the Rugby World Cup. I will definitely travel with them again if the price continues to be so reasonable.

Korean Air Customer review :  9 December 2011 by S Gervais    (Canada)

Economy Class ICN-SIN B777. Check-in very efficient. As an airline alliance gold card holder I was granted access to KE's very nice BC lounge at ICN. Cabin crew very professional. 3 hot meal choices in YC. I enjoyed the Korean bibimbap meal. Pre arrival I was also offered a hot snack. IFE was great. The largest duty free selection I've seen on any airline. All in all a great flight.

Korean Air Customer review :  7 December 2011 by S Thomson    (South Korea)

What a horrible flight. I used my points to upgrade to business class on a flight from Siem Reap to Seoul. The business class had no TV or entertainment, seats about 20% bigger than economy, that reclined no more than an economy seat. Throughout the flight, economy passengers were allowed to come up and use the toilets in business class.

Korean Air Customer review :  1 December 2011 by C Chua    (Japan)

NRT-ICN-NRT. Flight into Seoul, check-in was fast. Check-in for flight into Japan took so long (as flight's final destination was US), which was quite annoying as I felt they could have had a separate line for those dropping out of itinerary halfway. As a result, shopping time in ICN was reduced considerably. As for flight attendants, some provided really professional service, can speak Japanese, Korean and English fluently (same for some pilots inflight). As for the IFE, they have a selection of new, old, Korean, Hollywood, European films, some documentaries and sitcoms. Be cautioned though that selection was the same for the inbound-outbound flight. As for the food, the rice dish was too small, about 3/4 the normal size. Had been quite hungry for the rest of the flight.

Korean Air Customer review :  30 November 2011 by T Strzelecka    (USA)

I took two long trips from LA to Bangkok, via Seoul, the other flying LA to Beijing return from Hong Kong to LA. Both were in economy. The service is professional and attentive throughout. The bathrooms are kept spotlessly clean. The food is nothing to write home about, but the option of Korean dishes is welcome. The entertainment selection is decent. The seats are very close together and the space is cramped. The only good seats are in the back of the plane, but it is hard to reserve those. In previous years once one booked a ticket it was possible to call the airline and book the seats. Now they cancelled this option and one can only select seats 30 days in advance. They also tend to overheat the planes, so plan to take your layers off after you board. Overall, I would say it is 7 out of 10, and I'd recommend it to anyone who does not mind being cramped during flight.

Korean Air Customer review :  29 November 2011 by Ayesha Wadud    (Bangladesh)

Bangkok to Honolulu return. The seats were very small so not a comfortable option for elders with circulation problems. However, staff were friendly, frequently offering fresh juices and water during the long flight. Great selection of entertainment to keep me occupied. However, the only drawback was that they take back the headphones too early before landing. Also, too many inflight interruptions in 3 languages which virtually disrupts an entertaining experience. Food could be better.

Korean Air Customer review :  23 November 2011 by C Leppington    (China)

Incheon to Dallas. I got an old 747 rather than a new 777. The flight was great, good entertainment, friendly staff and good food. The only problem is the seats are tiny. I sat down and my knees were wedged against the seat in front. When the seat in front was reclined, the video screen was inches from my nose. Even so, I'd fly them again.

Korean Air Customer review :  18 November 2011 by T Parrish    (USA)

Chicago O'Hare to Seoul, return two weeks later. The seats were more comfortable with more leg room than expected, so I was able to sleep in Economy Class. Flight attendants were professional and helpful. While the meals weren't always to my taste, they were served and cleaned up efficiently. An unexpected perk was the layover in Seoul where I was able to enjoy the 4th floor "Rest and Relax" area.

Korean Air Customer review :  17 November 2011 by R Hargrove    (USA)

My wife and I travelled to Seoul. I tried to reserve an aisle side 3 times before the flight, but they refused even though they had plenty of aisles open. We wound up paying a premium price for the ticket, as it turned out the seats were unbelievably cramped even though plane was touted as new "equipment". Flight attendants smiled but did not engage customers at all in conversation. Food portions were unbelievably small. It was a very disappointing experience at every customer touch point.

Korean Air Customer review :  16 November 2011 by A Hornbuckle    (Australia)

BNE-ICH-IST return LHR-ICH-BNE. Outward journey in October return in November. On very long flights surely inflight entertainment could be rotated. Same applies to the Menus - same on all flights, east or west makes no difference. Cabin staff have a poor understanding of English - they didn't seem to be a staff member that could speak fluent English. All attendants seem obsessed with was serving food and getting the shutters down as soon as possible. When I board a day flight I do not want to sit in the dark for the next 10 hours. Other than the leg room advantage in Business class, I feel it is a lot of money to pay for the privilege. Even the standard of Airport lounges have been downgraded.