Icelandair Passenger Reviews and Icelandair Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Icelandair Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Cheryl Anderson    (Canada)

First of all the flight was delayed 26 hours. We were sent to a hotel after 4 hours. Asked to be back 14 hours later. When at hotel to late for food. No dinner. Morning we had breakfast on Airline and lunch dinner on airline at airport. Late 2 hours leaving on the second day. When we arrived in Iceland they let everyone off but only wanted people that were transferring, everyone else put on hold like cattle in a corral. After everyone off, then they want you to get you through customs immediately (I don't do lineups and waiting). I would never use Icelandair again and I would never visit Iceland again.

Icelandair Customer review :  4 April 2014 by M Stout    (USA)

SEA-KEF-SEA. Plus: Service was good, flight attendants very friendly, flights left on time, good choice of inflight entertainment. Minus: Hardest airline seats I've ever sat in, like a concrete bench.

Icelandair Customer review :  2 April 2014 by C Anderson    (Canada)

Bad start to a short holiday. We decided to take a short holiday in Iceland and we were to leave from Edmonton on March 24, 2014. Delayed 26 hours. Now a four day holiday is three days. They did put us up in a hotel but you better have insurance for anything else that you missed. Would not recommend this airline.

Icelandair Customer review :  22 March 2014 by S Jones    (USA)

I first flew on Icelandair when I came back to the US from Europe in 1964. At that time, the plane was a 4 engine prop DC-6B. It was an adventure! The next time that I flew Icelandair was in 2001 to visit my kids in Sweden going to school. Flew from Minneapolis to Reykjavik to Stockholm. It was a great flight and the service was better than any that I had experienced (I am an extensive traveler in the US on business). Had wonderful hot meals and essentially an open bar. The 757 was immaculate and the service was too. Just got back from Europe this past week and what a difference. No more included food and drink, but the service was just OK this time.

Icelandair Customer review :  12 March 2014 by George Burdell    (USA)

Overnight to Sweden and back, March 2014. Changing planes in Iceland makes for a shorter trip to Europe. The seats were very hard. No meals on an overnight flight was a shock. Iceland airport is fairly small, so getting through customs and to the connecting flight was easy and quick. With SAS reducing flights, Icelandair is a reasonable alternative. But bring your own sandwich and seat cushion.

Icelandair Customer review :  6 March 2014 by Andrey Gerasenkov    (USA)

JFK-KEF-JFK on February 27 and March 3rd. The first leg was on a 757-200 with narrow seats and bad legroom. In addition the aircraft was unbearably hot. Free movies, Wi-Fi and food for purchase. FA's nice and attentive. The flight back to JFK was on a 757-300 and both the seats and the legroom were excellent for economy class. This flight was much more comfortable than the outbound leg.

Icelandair Customer review :  22 February 2014 by V Nann    (USA)

It seemed like a good price for Business class YYZ-KEF-BOS. The seats are terribly uncomfortable and scarcely recline, which is a huge negative on an overnight transatlantic flight. Couldn't see much of a difference between Saga (which we booked) and Premium Economy. Food service was nothing special, and the movie selection was the most limited I've encountered in years. The biggest plus was the Saga club at KEF: nice assortment of fine pastries, snacks, and beverages, and comfortable seating.

Icelandair Customer review :  20 February 2014 by D Leston    (UK)

LHR-KEF-LGW first time with Icelandair and the positives outweigh the negatives. On the plus side both flights departed pretty much on schedule and the IFE, for what is a relatively short flight, is excellent, with a great choice of films and a largish display for an economy seat. The crews were also welcoming and polite. The only real down sides are the incredibly uncomfortable seats and the lack of any complimentary refreshments - flying economy on FI means you pay for everything, even water, just like on a loco.

Icelandair Customer review :  10 February 2014 by Thyne Peter    (USA)

Jan 27 - JFK-KEF-LGW. Feb 4 - LGW-KEF-JFK. My first experience with Icelandair. Very impressed. Lovely, caring, cabin crew. Seating very comfortable, nice large fluffy blanket with large pillow and on the US legs a bottle of mineral water. Transfer in KEF effortless both ways. The Pay as you Eat policy for food did not worry me as I always bring my own meal. Experienced a medical emergency half way into the KEF-JFK Flight, my blood sugar levels fell dangerously low. The Cabin Crew were very attentive and caring and even radioed ahead for a wheelchair at JFK. Very impressed at the crew's professionalism.

Icelandair Customer review :  7 February 2014 by Jazak Toni    (Germany)

FI 521, FRA-KEF. Extreme crosswinds, visual minimum's under 900ft and a very slippy runway (heavy snow), the captain did a great job of landing. During the flight everything was fine. Polite cabin crew, good entertainment but I missed a meal on a 3.5hr flight up to Iceland. Please Icelandair change your business philosophy and invest in free meals, just like other flagcarriers in Europe do.

Icelandair Customer review :  5 February 2014 by D Mainhart    (USA)

I fly Icelandair to Europe and back two or three times a year, mainly because they are always less expensive and I can spend a night or two in Iceland to get rid of jet lag and enjoy Reykjavik. My most recent trip was in Dec. and Jan. DEN-KEF-LON and back. I was upgraded to Saga class. Boarding always seems fast and very efficient compared to other airlines. Food is very good with a selection of both meat and fresh fish. The entertainment is ok with old and new movies and a great selection of music, but the touch screen doesn't always work, this can be annoying on an 8 hour flight. Changing planes in Iceland can seem hectic as the airport is small and many planes arrive and depart close to the same time, but all the gates are no more than 5 minutes from each other. My main complaint about Icelandair is information and upgrades given by central reservations in Iceland are often ignored or changed by ticket or gate agents in other countries.

Icelandair Customer review :  5 February 2014 by G Mckinnon    (Canada)

We traveled from SEA to KEF in economy Jan 24 returning Jan 27. Had a good experience on both flights. Seats were good for the 7 hr plus flight. Cabin staff were very nice out bound but a little stiff inbound. Would use them again and have recommended them to friends for their plans out of YVR this summer.

Icelandair Customer review :  30 January 2014 by H Kestler    (USA)

We purchased Saga Business Class tickets (First Class) for one stop (Reykjavik, Iceland KEF) with arrival at 12pm Munich time, Dec 8, 2013. However, boarding of the flight in DC was delayed due to a "problem with the lavatory", although we were assured at the DC gate that we would make our Munich connection in KEF. This mechanical problem resulted in our plane arriving at KEF only a few minutes within our Munich flight departing KEF. As a result, we were re-routed by Icelandair through Copenhagen which resulted in considerable inconvenience, including an additional 4-5 hours of travel. My TV/Movie screen did not work on the return flight; the flight was in excess of six hours. We found the comfort and services offered by Icelandair to be quite adequate and would have flown Icelandair again pending satisfactory resolution of this outbound costly inconvenience. We will not fly this airline again.

Icelandair Customer review :  29 January 2014 by J MacPherson    (Canada)

I have travelled from Halifax, Canada to Manchester, UK and back, twice - the first time (2011) I changed planes (both ways) in Iceland with just a short stopover in the middle of the night. It was a bit chilly and we had to go out onto the tarmac to get to the plane which I was surprised about, but everything before that had gone very smoothly. I ate at the airport so I didn't need food for the journey. It is a very nice airport but as others have said there are not many places to sit except at the gates, but they have a nice area in the centre with restaurants and shops. The seats in the plane were quite comfortable, with plenty of leg room which I needed as I had a knee replacement and my leg does not bend very much anymore. The entertainment worked well - I took my own earphones as you have to buy them (as on most airlines). My only complaint is that last year (2013) I had to either stay over in Iceland for the night or take the plane to Toronto, then on to Halifax, they had stopped the layover, so I stayed in Reykjavik. I hope they go back to the layover again UK to Can, but even if they don't, I would fly with them again, this time via Toronto.

Icelandair Customer review :  15 January 2014 by W Brown    (Switzerland)

Flew Denver to Zurich. Accepted two stops because the price was good for business class, but the seating made it a very bad value for the money. Very little seat back reclining, not much space to the seat in front, really just about the same as an economy plus seat on United. Also no foot support. The food was great, but I don't really care about that - I just want some sleep, which was impossible in these seats. The first leg flight was also 3 hours late due to a broken part, which necessitated rebooking the successive two flights. Their plane, their fault, no compensation other than an apology.

Icelandair Customer review :  14 January 2014 by Murat Nal    (UK)

IAD-LHR. SAGA class. Checked with Icelandair via e-mail if I could take 3x32 kg per person as other airlines flying this route allow. Got a reply saying I was correct and that I could take 3x32kg per person. I have just checked in with Icelandair at Dulles airport and told that unless I paid $262 for two bags they would not check us in. They insist that my allowance is only 2x32kg per person. I showed them my e-mail which clearly states that I was allowed 3 bags only to be told that the Icelandair representative had made a mistake. I am now in the Air France lounge shared with Icelandair. There is nowhere to sit with minimal refreshments. How they can call this a business lounge I don't know. The whole idea as others have said in flying Business Class. Is that it should be stress free. I wish that was the case. I am now dreading the flight itself.

Icelandair Customer review :  9 January 2014 by R Nicol    (UK)

Terrible experience from start to finish. We were delayed travelling to Iceland from New York by weather which is perfectly fine and expected due to the awful conditions but the service at Reykjavik airport was nothing short of shambolic. We missed our connecting flight because of the delay, again which is fine and were put on a later flight to London, then onto our final destination of Glasgow. They couldn't give us our baggage number at the service desk and were told we'd get it at the gate by staff there. Eventually got to the gate later that day only to be treated with no care whatsoever. Staff were rude, unwilling to give us the baggage number and told us 4 different thing when 'checking up' on our baggage. There was no misunderstanding and we were told complete lies just to get us on the plane. We get to London to find out our bags didn't come with us after being told they were which confirmed they lied. Arrive eventually at Glasgow and didn't receive our baggage until Tuesday.

Icelandair Customer review :  7 January 2014 by W Nicholas    (Norway)

Business class, ARN-KEF-NYC-KEF (stopover) - ARN. Poor business class experience. Check in very smooth, luggage drop good. Most annoying was the outdated seating, felt like flying business class in 1988. Seat hardly reclining, head rest too short, the head side rest had no resistance whatsoever on either side, so head was just rolling freely. No leg support. Worst about this was when flying at night, the seats are about as comfortable as economy seats due to lack of flap reclination and no leg support. Also dirty table top. The food was ok and service adequate, but nothing special. The entertainment unit was old fashioned, and unresponsive, so always jumping back and forth 2 pages instead of one. Another annoying experience is the lounge in Reykjavik for stop over flights. It is before passport control and US gates. In the lounge no one tells you when to leave or how much of a queue there is for passports, so I went when boarding started but was far too early at the gate, just standing around. The other time I went later, but there was enormous queues for passport control, so I had to run afterwards to the gate. The whole purpose of business class is comfort, but the lounge placement just adds to stress level. If you stop over twice in Reykjavik Icelandair business might be good, but for stop over only not worth it. Choose a proper transatlantic airline instead.

Icelandair Customer review :  7 January 2014 by L Froholm    (USA)

Flew Anchorage - Oslo via Reykjavik last August. Small plane but good price and direct flight from Anchorage made it well worth it. Hoped to repeat this trip this year but am surprised to find that the prices are higher but surprisingly - all return trips have 2 stops - have to go to Seattle to get back to Anchorage. That defeats the purpose of the direct flights. Would I recommend Icelandair - would have said yes but now with no direct return flights and higher prices would say no.

Icelandair Customer review :  30 December 2013 by Sam Ruis    (USA)

I was traveling alone with my Autistic toddler, and they went above and beyond to help me. My daughter needs a 5 point seatbelt, so I had to bring her car seat onboard, they took it in and fitted it to her seat, and boarded us first, gate checked her stroller, helped me with our hand luggage, gave us extra blankets and checked on us throughout the flight. The entertainment was great, the screens are interactive touch screens. The movie selection was really good, a lot of new releases. The food was good, my daughter had a kids meal included with her ticket, and I ordered food from a menu. Luggage allowance is very generous, even in economy we were allowed two 40lbs bags each, and the website has very clear and concise information on what the dimensions and rules were, so I wasn't stressed out about getting it wrong and having to pay for extra luggage, or anything like that. My favorite part was that our return flights from Denver to London cost over $1.000 less than any of the other airlines! It's not glamorous, and might not meet some peoples luxurious requirements, but for people like me finding this airline was a godsend! Their ground staff and flight crew are all wonderful.

Icelandair Customer review :  19 December 2013 by Neil Finch    (UK)

FI455, 13/12, LHR-KEF. FI454, 16/12, KEF-LHR. Brilliant airline, smooth check in, great flight, efficient staff and on time . Could give BA a run for the money any day . We could not fault it. Well done Icelandair, we will travel with you again. Stress free and pleasurable.

Icelandair Customer review :  16 December 2013 by Murat Nal    (UK)

Saga class, LHR-KEF-IAD. 11 December arrived at Heathrow. Heavy fog, lots of flights late or canceled. Our flight 5 hours late so we missed our connection to IAD. This is where flying with a decent airline comes into play. We had all the comforts of the star alliance lounge to pass the time. Nothing exceptional but food and drinks, seats and Wifi. Although understandably crowded with all the other delays, staff kept us informed. Apologies from Iceland staff for the inconvenience. They arranged overnight accommodation at their own hotel in Reykjavik. Arranged transport to from hotel and booked us on the next days flight. On board LHR-KE . Short flight, B757 seats 2 by 2 very wide with reasonable 40" space from the seats in front. Food good, noise cancelling headsets offered. Entertainment system not very good. No controls on seats to headset so have to play with the screen on the passengers seat in front. As mentioned by earlier reviewer, be careful when you connect the headset, if the volume was set high by the previous user you could hurt your ear drums. Flight crew all nice. Next day KEF-IAD, Saga lounge excellent - so much food and drink, comfortable seats, friendly staff and Internet. Lounge close to US departure gates. On board B757 6hr flight. Again on board service food excellent. Entertainment system is a let down. I wanted to see the ending of a film I watched on the London flight. To fast forward its not easy took nearly 10 minutes to forward an 80min film. No music available. Even with the old aircraft, not so good entertainment system, I still feel I made the right decision flying Iceland and would highly recommend them.

Icelandair Customer review :  9 December 2013 by B Soleymani    (Canada)

Travelled the route YYZ-KEF-ARN and back for a long weekend trip to Sweden in late November. I am very pleased with this route/airline because it provides the shortest/quickest way to get to Stockholm from Toronto and the transfers are easy. It spares you a great portion of the exhaustion experienced when flying through the major European hubs (because of longer flights and busier/larger airports). It took just below 5 hrs to fly from Toronto to Reykjavik, short transfer of 45 mins at Keflavik airport, another 2hr 45 min flight and we landed in Stockholm.

Icelandair Customer review :  18 November 2013 by K Tyler    (USA)

Not too thrilled with Icelandair. Was flying from Seattle to Amsterdam with a stopover in Reykjavik. The website gave me trouble - my first attempt at a webticket ended in an "unknown error" page on the payment step. Tried again with success, but I was charged twice for one flight. I had to call the North American office several times, with various opinions ranging from blasť "it might be normal" to "I can't explain it," but with each call ending with a promise to contact the Reykjavik office as soon as they opened, and that somebody would get back to me. I spent nearly 2 hours over 2 weeks calling the North American office - there was never ever an apology or follow-up as promised. Flights were uncomfortable (and I'm not usually picky). On an 8 hour leg from Seattle to Reykjavik, got the last row seat next to the rear lavatory -- these have been installed too close to the rear wall (such that they don't recline at all). Also the seat backs on two flights had a large ridge (~0.5") behind the thin padding of the seat and I got a red sore on each of these flights. Beyond this, the entertainment system uses the last used volume setting when you start a film. If the last customer set it to full volume, you're in for a real shock! Also, all food is for fee (and the food is expensive and low quantity) and complementary drinks (soft drinks and hot tea/coffee only) come sporadically. Ultimately, I'd absolutely avoid this airline unless you have plans to stay in Iceland (they are at least flexible with stopovers).

Icelandair Customer review :  6 November 2013 by B Lord    (USA)

My wife and I used Icelandair because of the cheap price I got for the Saga Class on a Trip from Seattle to Paris. On the first leg of the trip from Seattle to Reykjavik my entertainment console malfunctioned even after it was rebooted. A complete waste of time for me. My wife's worked fine. On the trip back it worked OK but the screen was smaller than flight from Paris to Reykjavik. Otherwise, I liked the service on all flights.

Icelandair Customer review :  30 October 2013 by O West    (UK)

Last week I flew LHR-KEF and back after a 5-day stay in beautiful Iceland. Check-in and boarding at Heathrow was quick and the staff were lovely! The IFE in both flights were very good and showed a number of popular TV shows and movies as well as map views and information (speed, height etc.) about the flight. In both flights we hit some turbulence in both which the crew did a fantastic job of persevering with. Flight attendants were delightful and happy to help. Both planes (757-200 and 757-300) were clean and modern. Seats were very comfy and the headrests even had amusing anecdotes and useful Icelandic phrases on them! Overall a very pleasant journey.

Icelandair Customer review :  29 October 2013 by Raymond Awad    (USA)

On August 17th, my wife and I flew to Paris on Icelandair to spend one week celebrating our anniversary. Though the trip itself was wonderful, our flight back turned out to be an awful experience due to terribly poor customer service. Our first flight was to Reykjavik from Paris, a shorter flight, departing at 8am. We arrived at the gate at 7.30, only a very short while after formal boarding had finished. The Icelandair gate agent was unwilling to discuss our boarding, but instead, referred us to another location giving the false impression that we would be better assisted there. Following direction, we went to the main Icelandair kiosk to discuss our travel. While the gate attendant was short and non-amenable to our boarding, the main attendant at the Icelandair kiosk was downright rude, uncooperative, and completely void of any empathy. The only choice we were given was to return our hotel and come back the next morning to purchase new tickets at full price. We ended up purchasing our tickets back from AA. Ultimately, I have never experienced a more uncooperative airline. These days, people shop not only for good prices but good service. I recommend that you don't waste your time or money with Icelandair.

Icelandair Customer review :  26 October 2013 by G DeBoer    (USA)

I flew MSP-Paris-return in August 2013 and was very satisfied. We were late leaving Minneapolis, due to a thunderstorm, but were pleased to find out that when we landed in Reykjavik, we had not missed our connecting flight to Paris because it was waiting for us. I don't know if that is standard policy for Icelandair, but it was a relief to our group of about 16 people.

Icelandair Customer review :  21 October 2013 by Don Beddage    (Canada)

My wife and I recently travelled on Iceland Air Business (Saga) Class from Toronto to Oslo via Reykjavik. Even though the seat had a limited recline, which we were aware of prior to booking, service on all four flights was excellent for the price paid. The flight time from Toronto to Reykjavik is just over five hours, and the flight was arrived slightly ahead of schedule. All four flights were on time. A hot meal with a selection of beverages was offered. On the flights between Iceland and Norway, a cold meal was offered which was quite good. Their lounges in both Iceland, and Oslo are quite good and we did not find them to be over crowded.

Icelandair Customer review :  21 October 2013 by A Gunn    (USA)

My family of 3 flew economy class SEA-KEF-AMS. Inflight entertainment was good for adults. It might be best for the longer flights to bring extra movies for children as there wasn't too much for them besides two movies and a bunch of episodes of Lazytown. Seating was a bit crammed, but get what you pay for. The nicest part was the effort on the part of the airline to keep us all seated together without trying to gouge us or blow us off like other airlines. Customer service appears to still have a pulse with Icelandair. There was only a slight delay with one of the four flights, but we still managed to leave on time. We read about the food for pay thing ahead of time and packed our own meals. Our child's airline provided meal was brought hot and early in the flight and she was happy with it. Overall though, I am satisfied with this airline and would fly again.

Icelandair Customer review :  7 October 2013 by B Gatecliffe    (Australia)

Flew Helsinki-Keflavik, 10th Sept returned 27th Sept in Saga Class. We flew from Melbourne Aus in one go via Helsinki. We were stuck in Helsinki airport for 9 hours, in a lounge that was small and offered very little. Seeing the Iceland aircraft land and arrive on time in Helsinki was such a relief. We boarded on time. The seating was the old style business class seat, but for a 4 hour flight we did not care too much. Comfort was acceptable. Food was ok and edible. The crew were very good. The entertainment system offerings were very dated and was the only let down of the flight. We landed in a storm. High winds and heavy rain. The pilots did a great job in landing the plane, welcome to Iceland! The return trip was very good. Check-in was excellent. Business class lounge was excellent, with good food and drink offerings. Same aircraft set up as our inward flight. Food on board was very good as were the staff. As mentioned the entertainment system was very ordinary. Overall a very good experience, just let down by things that would not take too much to rectify.

Icelandair Customer review :  26 September 2013 by D Stebeleski    (UK)

One way Toronto to Heathrow via Reykjavik, excellent price, 2 free bags checked 23kg allowance, brilliant IFE, fast friendly check in, given emergency exit seats at no additional cost, on time flights, very friendly staff on all sectors. No food but well explained and I would rather have cheaper fare anyway. 9-hour stopover at the Blue Lagoon an excellent way to spend a layover. Streaks ahead of Air Canada in every aspect. Now just start flying to Winnipeg please!

Icelandair Customer review :  25 September 2013 by Richard Loveless    (UK)

I flew return to Denver from Heathrow on Sep 8th. Paid a large amount for a meal on outbound flight, was able to stock up with food for the return journey. The plane seats were comfortable enough, sad to have to pay for ear phones though. My return journey was marred by an 0630 landing at KEF and finding that I could not transfer my 1610 flight to the 0740 flight without paying 1200 dollars. I sat in an empty airport for 10 hours. The onboard food menu is very poor and dull and does not justify the prices charged. The plane was clean and tidy.

Icelandair Customer review :  18 September 2013 by J Saville    (Canada)

We chose bulkhead seats in Saga class, not knowing there were no foot rests. Since I have serious leg problems, I need to have my legs raised somewhat during most of the flight. There was nothing to put my feet on. The staff were excellent, allowing me to use my carry on for support, but this was not adequate. I had trouble walking the entire visit to the UK. I am dreading the flight home. We had to wait in Toronto and Iceland, plane was late leaving, no place to sit in Iceland airport, so had to stand for 30 minutes. No boarding preference, were discouraged from using the lounge because of distance to walk from gate. No indication on ticket or booking regarding dinner service. The only difference from economy was the wider seat. I will have to fly home, but never again.

Icelandair Customer review :  28 August 2013 by A Craig    (Canada)

Travelled from Seattle to Stockholm and back via KEF. Planes are fine, service is fine, food and drink are exactly what you get these days on any airline. Entertainment system is better than most competitors. KEF is a small airport and they don't call out gate announcements so you need to pay attention. That isn't Icelandair's fault. I travel extensively and would use Icelandair again in a heartbeat. My only issue is that they cancelled their partner program with Alaska so I didn't get any points!

Icelandair Customer review :  27 August 2013 by Vasile Magdalena Mara    (Canada)

I took Icelandair from Copehagen, Denmark to Toronto, Canada with a stop over in Reykjavik. I was very satisfied with the quality of the flight. If you look for safety, control of the plane during turbulence, communication pilot-passengers during important moments of the flight, you make a good choice in Icelandair. If you rate the food quality, the size of the seats, and other superficial aspects on a flight, you may not be happy, but your opinion stays superficial. I flew on so many airlines that had good in-flight service but the pilots disappointed that now I can make a difference. On Iceland Air they sat me on the comfort class and felt I had a very good in- flight service as well as a very smooth flight.

Icelandair Customer review :  27 August 2013 by R Warden    (USA)

MSP-KEF-CPH and back. Impressed with the space and legroom in Economy Class. We also liked the multiple entertainment options at each individual seat. The flight attendants were friendly and helpful and welcomed us with blankets and pillows as we boarded the plane. The only negative was the fact that we were served only drinks (no complementary food) but we were told this in advance so we prepared by bringing our own snacks. There was food for purchase and all items were reasonably priced and tasty. KEF is an easy airport to navigate and their passport control was quick and efficient to move us through processing during a short layover. We will definitely fly with Icelandair again and since they have recently opened some new gateways in the U.S. and Europe, we will definitely be considering these options on our next international trip.

Icelandair Customer review :  16 August 2013 by A Chater    (UK)

LHR-KEF-BOS return. Checked in online for all flights which worked well with the advance seat selection under the 'My Booking' page on the Icelandair website. Check-in queues were all very short and all flights departed on time. Inflight entertainment system is on par with other major airlines and certainly better than what many US airlines offer on similar flights. Food is buy on board but as we already knew this we made other arrangements. Connection in Iceland carried out with ease, only criticism is that boarding in Keflavik is rather disorganised, several flights leave at the same time from one corridor and announcements are not made for any of the flights making it difficult to identify which queue is for which gate/flight. That said, I would definitely fly Icelandair again as these flights seem to break up what can be a long transatlantic journey.

Icelandair Customer review :  13 August 2013 by P Webster    (UK)

Checked in online for both journeys, and on both we had our seats moved without warning or advise. On the way out, we were only notified at the gate, and told it was our fault as we should have checked for any reseating, and reprinted boarding cards. On return, checked at information, and advised moved again and sitting about 15 rows apart. It appears they under estimate Economy Plus and alter seating just before take off. Sensible thing would be to over estimate and release later.

Icelandair Customer review :  7 August 2013 by I Gankin-Segal    (USA)

I fly internationally about 4-6 times a year on various airlines and my recent Icelandair flights from Boston to Saint Petersburg was one of the best. The plane was new, comfortable and very clean. The blankets they offered were plush and cozy. The airline doesn't offered free meals for economy class but the options offered for purchase are restaurant grade at a negligible cost (the most expensive dish was about 10 euros). I tried oatmeal, salad and mini hamburgers all of which were delicious. All of these made the flight experience more pleasant than having free airline food like other airlines. I also appreciated the on time departures which insured that I did not worry about missing my tight connections. The staff was extremely friendly and gracious and even covered me with a blanket when I fell asleep on a flight from Saint Petersburg to Keflavik. I highly recommend using this wonderful airline where small details make a big difference.

Icelandair Customer review :  5 August 2013 by David Jones    (Canada)

Economy Comfort, YYZ-KEF-HEL. Very satisfied with Icelandair. Flight left Toronto slightly late due to passenger problems which made for a tight connection in KEF. You have to go through security and immigration in KEF so I only had a few minutes before boarding the onward flight to Helsinki. Both flights were clean, comfortable and with great service from a professional and efficient crew. On arrival in Helsinki, I discovered that my suitcase had not made the onward flight. A good test is how airlines perform when things go wrong, and I was given an overnight kit at the airport, kept up to date on the bag's progress which was delivered to my hotel the following day.

Icelandair Customer review :  29 July 2013 by Scott Harris    (USA)

For the second year in a row we flew Icelandair out of Boston. Last time our destination was Scandinavia. We decided to make Iceland this year's destination. We were again pleasantly surprised by the value provided. The cabin staff were very accommodating. Flight was on time. Our luggage was on the carousal almost simultaneously with our clearing customs. Reykjavik airport is clean, organized and easy to manoeuvre in and out. Plenty of good food options at the airport.

Icelandair Customer review :  10 July 2013 by Akram El Dimerdash    (Egypt)

CDG-KEF, KEF-IAD. CDG Icelandair check-in counters were a real mess, hundreds of passengers queuing with only 3 incredibly slow agents. Luckily I was flying SAGA class and I stood for half an hour only. Business class Lounge at CDG 1, is worthless. Flight from CDG-KEF was good and comfortable, the crew were friendly and hospitable. Food was very good, entertainment excellent, seats of old version but comfortable enough. KEF Airport arrival hall is a big mess with only 3 belts for almost 8 arrivals at the same time, so you wait around 20 min. A huge supermarket is located in the Arrival area. KEF-IAD. Check in was fast and smooth with no problems, SAGA class lounge was excellent, food and drinks were both fine. Flight was comfortable and crew were nice. I enjoyed flying Icelandair and I will sure do that again in the near future.

Icelandair Customer review :  24 June 2013 by P Lynch    (USA)

Denver to Stockholm via Reykjavik and Paris-Reykjavik-Denver on return. Be wary about the 1 hour layovers that are offered on many of the flights between the US and Europe. On our return trip, the first leg from Paris to Reykjavik was delayed an hour. Given that we only had a one hour layover in Reykjavik, any delay was worrisome, at CDG airport we were given very little information. Turns out they held the planes in Reykjavik for us. From what I could see, this was not an isolated incident. "Economy Comfort" class is a strange limbo in between their economy seating and the highest end Saga Class. We flew Saga on the way and Economy Comfort on the way back so experienced both. Saga was fairly nice, with only 5 rows of large, 2 abreast seats. More like a business class than a normal first class, the seats don't recline all the way and have seen better days. But it was comfortable and the service excellent (although food was mediocre). Economy Comfort is just a few rows directly behind Saga Class, meaning that there's not a single seat in this section that isn't exposed to the front of the plane lavatory that serves the economy class. I was in row 6, with exactly the same seats as the Saga Class and with no separation between the rows, but with a curtain over the tops of the seats in front of me. The lavatory is right on the middle of all of these seats and it's where people loiter about waiting for their turn, the slam of the door was consistent. So you get either a bigger seat in one of the rows or no middle passenger in the others and free drinks and the same food they serve in economy but you don't have to pay for it. I wouldn't pay extra for economy comfort unless you're willing to pay a lot more to sit near the front near the bathroom. Unless I was flying either regular economy or Saga Class at a really great price, and most importantly, with a reasonable layover time in Reykjavik, I don't think I would fly Icelandair again.

Icelandair Customer review :  20 June 2013 by A Philippus    (USA)

Just returned from a trip to Amsterdam via Iceland. No complaints about the on-board service. Pillows and blankets waiting on every seat on the long leg (from Denver to Iceland). Bottled water to pick up on entry into plane and usual drinks served during flight. Luckily I read a review that mentioned you have to purchase food in economy seating, so I brought my own. They should mention that more prominently when you book your flight. Also did not know about option to stay over in Iceland for a few days, supposedly at no extra ticket cost, but I didn't see this offer when I was booking. My only complaint was how little leg room there is on the Boeing 757-200, which is the long leg of the flight. The shorter leg (Iceland to Amsterdam) had the normal amount of leg room; it was a Boeing 757-300. You could always ask for more beverages, as much as you like. It is easier to get their attention if you go to the pantry, as they are not always walking up and down the aisles.

Icelandair Customer review :  4 June 2013 by J Tydeman    (UK)

Flew from Heathrow to Reykjavik and back. A bit disappointed. Had to check in each of us online separately as the system would not do it together even though we had one booking reference. On board, bad legroom and food had to be paid for (like a low cost carrier). No tea available and only one glass of water. They were more concerned with trying to flog duty free than bringing more water round. The parched passenger next to me and I had to specially request one more glass. Crew polite but not friendly on way out but a bit friendlier on the way back. Would recommend but only as better than low cost airlines (just) which also ply this route.

Icelandair Customer review :  4 June 2013 by Ilka Marsh    (USA)

Returned from our flight to Berlin, Germany, and back. 2 stopovers each way - in Iceland and in Copenhagen. We paid for Saga class, but it really doesn't compare to other airlines' business class. Did not find the seats particularly comfortable for trying to sleep, the movies were a bit dated, and most of the cabin staff were okay, but not particularly helpful. On the long flight out of Denver, both my husband's and my entertainment centres did not work properly, nor did the outlet for plugging in the computer. No attempts were made to rectify that situation. Boarding was fairly haphazard with no preferred boarding for business class passengers on 5 of our 6 flights. On our return flight, we could not even access seating area outside of the gate until an attendant showed up to check passports and board passes, everybody stood around in the hallway. Again, no preferred line for business class. Several times, we had to get on or off the plane on the tarmac and either walked to the terminal or were bussed. It was pretty cold, rainy, and windy, so that was quite miserable. Lounges were decent - SAS in Copenhagen, and Icelandair in Reykjavik. No lounge in Berlin. Food on the flight was good, excellent food at the Icelandair lounge. On our outbound trip, there was a significant delay in leaving Denver due to a thunderstorm. They held the connecting plane in Iceland so were able to make our connection. Our luggage made it fine. Unfortunately, on the return trip which had no delays, 2 pieces of our luggage did not leave Iceland with us. So much for having the business class luggage labelled "priority".

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Icelandair Reviews Icelandair Passenger Opinions about Icelandair product Icelandair service standards