Icelandair Passenger Reviews and Icelandair Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Icelandair Customer review :  15 August 2014 by S Bryan    (USA)

I flew from Dulles to Keflavik, round-trip, recently and thought this was one of the better airlines that I had flown with. They had good legroom, comfortable seats, the flight staff was very courteous, the flight was smooth overall, the plane was in good repair with excellent in-flight entertainment, including several really newly release films that I'd wanted to see. I was impressed. Also, I loved the slogans on their seat backs, and they had really nice overnight blankets that were much fluffier than what you usually get on planes. It was a cushy ride, which was good since one flight was an overnighter. The only thing that could have been improved would have been more food selection, which was very minimal with just a few options, although what they did have looked good, and they had a great drink selection on board. Of course, a larger plane also would have been a plus since it was just three seats on each side. Otherwise, I would take Icelandair again from the US to Iceland over another airline any day. I absolutely hate flying, and the experience was pretty good, actually.

Icelandair Customer review :  23 July 2014 by J McLean    (Canada)

Flew YEG-KEF-LHR. Standard airline experience, no better or worse than most North American airlines. For the price though I'd say it was better. My only complaints are in a 6 hour flight food had to be paid for in economy and leg room in economy was basically non-existent for a taller person like myself. If you're over 6 feet, you definitely need an isle seat to get a bit more room. Initial flight was delayed 20-30 minutes but luckily Reykjavik airport is quite small so I was able to make my connection.

Icelandair Customer review :  21 July 2014 by W Chong    (Australia)

Oslo-Keflavik-Oslo. Upgraded to Saga Class cabin on boarding, although travelling Economy Comfort. Service always with a smile, and great value for money. Food choice is pretty average.

Icelandair Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Nikolaos Galanis    (Greece)

LGW-KEF, KEF-LHR. I flew from London to Reykjavik with a return flight. On both of my flights there was a delay of at least 30 minutes which annoyed me. The inflight entertainment did not work yet was offered free iPads and headphones which I considered fantastic. On my return flight the inflight entertainment was working and was incredible, however I did not like the fact that they were charging you to use headphones. The aircraft's were quite nice, comfy and modern. The crew were kind and had a smile on their face. One of the things I did not like was the fact that food was not included in the price of the economy ticket. If you flew economy you were not allowed to check in baggage which was unfair given the very pricey tickets. I believe that if food was included on the price and they treated all passengers equally they would be the best airline I have flown with. Nonetheless, it was a very good experience and I would not mind using it again.

Icelandair Customer review :  4 July 2014 by A Cox    (USA)

JFK to Reykjavik to Stockholm. I never made it to Stockholm and after I was told I would not get there for two more days I decided to return to JFK. Customer service is nearly non-existent. If you don't mind how long it takes to get to your destination (could be days) this airlines may be a good choice. The fleet is quite cramped, forget in flight entertainment (3 of 4 seats did not work on last flight), and don't expect to feel you got what you paid for.

Icelandair Customer review :  1 July 2014 by J Walton    (Ireland)

Returned from Iceland to Ireland via London Heathrow last Thursday, June 19th on Flight FI454 from KEF at 16.10 At 4.30 informed that the flight was now confirmed to take off at 17.00. No announcement was made, no explanations given and no one from Icelandair appeared to answer the passengers questions and concerns. Flight eventually took off at 17.20 and was further delayed at London Heathrow due to a time slot to land. The pilot, on welcoming us on board, explained that the delay was due to a member of the cabin crew becoming ill and a replacement crew member having to be got. He also apologised for the delay. I was to originally have 2 and a half hours between landing in Heathrow and taking off again on a connecting flight to Ireland. I barely had an hour to get off, go through passport control, rush to baggage reclaim, check in for connecting flight, go through customs and get to the boarding gate. As it worked out I just got to the boarding gate in time and this was due to two factors. One was that there was no queue both at the check-in desk and at customs and secondly the cabin crew on flight FI454 allowed me to move from my allotted seat in the 2nd last row to a seat in row 6 near the exit door for the last 20 minutes of the flight and so allowed me to get off quickly. My sincerest thanks to the cabin crew. This was my 5th return trip to Iceland on holidays since 1991 and using Icelandair each time. This particular experience has left me wary of using Icelandair again and of considering using alternative airlines in travelling to Iceland on future trips.

Icelandair Customer review :  1 July 2014 by Linda Forrest    (USA)

I will never fly Icelandair again. We were scheduled to depart for Stockholm, via Reykjavik on an evening flight on June 16th. When we got to the airport, we read on the departures board that our flight had been canceled! We were never told about the cancellation, and we had been home all day. In addition, I had tried to print my boarding passes the night before our departure and when I couldn't, I tried calling the customer service number to try to find out why. I was put on hold for over an hour, and finally gave up. It was no better the morning of our departure. I could not reach a customer representative and was once again, put on hold. When we returned home on the 23rd, we had a voice message on our phone that was sent 3 hours before our departure, telling us about the cancellation. Three hours before an international flight is not nearly enough time to tell someone about a cancelled flight. We had already left for the airport when we were called. I will not recommend Icelandair to anyone. The customer service is terrible, if not non-existent.

Icelandair Customer review :  26 June 2014 by T Michelle    (Canada)

YEG-MAN. Initial flight was delayed 40 min due to mechanical issues thus boarding was prompt. Seat width and leg room were impressive, important point is that all seat arms including aisle and window raised, something I wish all carriers would implement. To get more leg room they have shortened the seat depth which can be a problem for those with longer legs (I started to lose the feeling in mine after 4 hours) and the material used (leather) was very uncomfortable. Tons of storage (first full flight I've been on where storing luggage was not an issue), IFE was limited but suited the purpose and crew were helpful and friendly. Customs at KEF was annoying to go through if transferring to another flight but the speed at which they do it testifies to why they have such short connection times. If you have more than an hour connecting, you will make your flight if delayed. Do dress in layers. the first flight was blasting cold air, the second blasted warm.

Icelandair Customer review :  21 June 2014 by F Nicholas    (Canada)

KEF-LGW. The only thing I found odd is when we arrived at the airport from Edmonton, landed on time but had to go through security. Flight wise it was fine, arrived a few minutes late but what can you expect landing in London? Overall great flight.

Icelandair Customer review :  19 June 2014 by Mark L W Hughes    (UK)

LHR-BOS via KEF, 31 May 2014. Plane was delayed and it was comforting that we were told that we would be found a different flight to Boston that night if there was a chance we would not make our connection. The Star Alliance lounge in Terminal 1 was good with excellent catering and plenty of seats. We eventually boarded significantly delayed. Having done the research on Icelandair's website I was aware that Saga Class seating was effectively "US Domestic" 2x2 with limited recline. Definitely not the flat beds you can find on other Airlines. But then again the price you are paying is significantly below these other carriers. IFE was OK if slightly limited. The meals on all flights were disappointing. Two smallish courses is not my idea of Business Class catering even on the 3 hour flight to Reykjavik - however the quality was good. There were 3 courses on the KEF-BOS leg plus a welcome drink and a travel kit. When we eventually reached KEF we were 1 hour 45 minutes late for a 2 hour connection. With 15 minutes to go we were disembarked onto a bus which deposited us close to the next gate and we boarded immediately. Our bags also made the connection which was a relief and impressive. BOS-KEF, 9 June 2014. Again efficient check in. The Virgin Atlantic Lounge in BOS was surprisingly poor. A subterranean dungeon it obviously does the minimum amount of catering it feels it can get away with for the Icelandair customers. Flight was very similar to the outbound except we were back down to 2 course small meals and no travel kit. All flight crews did a reasonable job given what they have to work with. KEF-LHR, 14 June 2014. Saga Class Check in at KEF is at the furthest point of the terminal. Indeed Keflavik does not recognise premium travellers. I did not find a fast track and the boarding was a chaotic scrum. However the Saga lounge by gate 6 is stylish even if again the catering is limited.

Icelandair Customer review :  19 June 2014 by Christopher Steward    (UK)

We were booked to fly London Gatwick to Toronto in May 2014, but the airline had a pilots strike as we were boarding the aircraft. Passengers were taken off and complete confusion reigned, made worse by the airline having none of its own staff at Gatwick. We asked to be transferred to another carrier but were told this was not possible. Eventually, we were told that they had booked us onto a BA flight from Heathrow the next day and that we would have to make our own arrangements to get from one airport to another and book into a hotel. On returning from Toronto there was no fast track lane for business class, and once on board, the seat comfort was barely above economy. The seat would not recline to a sleeping position because there was insufficient space between the seat rows. Dinner was excellent but breakfast on the Reykjavik to London leg the next morning was no better than adequate.

Icelandair Customer review :  11 June 2014 by B Crockford    (USA)

MAN-KEF. Delayed nearly 1hr due to late arrival of incoming plane and then further delay after aircraft pushed back and lost power. Information sparse and difficult to hear Captain's announcements. New plane however and very good IFE made for a quick journey to KEF. Again, service attentive and friendly.

Icelandair Customer review :  11 June 2014 by B Crockford    (USA)

KEF-SEA. Late arrival of plane from MAN made for a few worried passengers with tight connections. Small airport was chaotic and SEA boarding was unannounced and uncontrolled, making for a late departure. Gate staff weren't concerned. On board, seemed to be an almost standard product on what was my 4th flight with FI in 6 days. However benefited in the new IFE system which is good. Again, food good but serving size is small. FA's attentive and friendly again and serviced the cabin frequently. A bit annoying lights were never dimmed and many people left shades open whole journey. Liked the little touches of explaining facts about the country on the food wrappings, food service upon request, small bottle of water given when boarding and the collection of rubbish in a nicely designed carrier bag to hide the white plastic rubbish bag. Overall a pleasant enough and cost effective way to Europe from the US.

Icelandair Customer review :  11 June 2014 by B Crockford    (USA)

KEF-MAN. Very efficient transfer in the small airport after flight from SEA. Older plane and no IFE but not a big issue for a 2.5hr flight. Service attentive and friendly.

Icelandair Customer review :  11 June 2014 by B Crockford    (USA)

SEA-KEF. First time to use this airline to reach UK. Offered much cheaper fare than BA and overall, much better value. Offered exit row at gate and with no one next to me, which effectively matched FI prem econ (which looks poor value). FA's attentive and friendly. Food for purchase - I ordered chicken curry which was very tasty but a little small. Seats, as some reviewers have mentioned, are hard but not too uncomfortable. Good quality blanket offered. IFE was one of the older versions and a bit limited but acceptable. Overall, good value and an efficient way back to UK albeit a bit more of a red-eye than comparable route with BA.

Icelandair Customer review :  6 June 2014 by Trevor Gordon    (UK)

LGW-KEF and KEF-LHR Saga Class. Shared lounge at LGW nothing special, much better at KEF on return. Help-yourself bar and food and plenty of facilities. Smart and clean 757, plenty of space for short haul, though flight route map not working outbound. Food pretty good and very generous indeed with drink. Excellent service from polite and smart female crew on both flights. 30 mins late from LGW - captain said it was awaiting tow from tug rather than anything Icelandair had control over. Bang on time on the return. Bag drop off at KEF very confusing, and sour young member of staff at desk clueless and unhelpful. Overall impression - slick, smart and friendly.

Icelandair Customer review :  5 June 2014 by Jane David    (USA)

Just got back from Europe. My son and I had booked Icelandair Seattle-KEF-Munich, and then return was Paris-KEF- SEA. (And my daughter was travelling on a slightly different itinerary out of Indiana through KEF). We got caught up in the strike in May so ended up on Lufthansa into Munich, which was great. The rebooking was smooth as could be, with my choice of Delta or Lufthansa arriving at about the same time as the Icelandair flight would have arrived. Weird that I was notified of the cancellation via email though. My daughter, who was supposed to meet us at KEF (coming Delta from South Bend to Minneapolis, then Icelandair), had no cancelled flights but still ended up coming into Munich several hours late due to airline delays. On the day of our return flights out of Charles De Gaulle, we arrived at the airport at 10.45 for a 2.10pm flight. Imagine our surprise to see 100 people already in line ahead of us at the ticket counter! The ticket agents didn't show up until at least 11.30 and then spent another 15 minutes piddling around until they finally starting checking people in. We finally got our luggage checked and boarding passes at 1:00pm. Two hours standing in line just to check in! Since we had expected to have ample time to check in and then find somewhere to sit and eat at the airport, we had arrived with empty stomachs were not happy at waiting so long in line, especially knowing the food situation on the Icelandair flight itself. Boarding was basically Saga, then Economy Comfort, then free for all. At KEF, they were boarding SEA right next to a Boston flight, so the gate was very crowded with everyone standing in line. That said, our actual flight was fine. We had pillows on the second leg of the trip, and the flights attendants were very nice on both legs. Our KEF-SEA flight had many middle seats open, and our in-flight entertainment systems worked fine, although selections were somewhat limited. No problem for us, as we had brought Kindles and iPads. By the way, my daughter's flight out of KEF was delayed 30 minutes which meant she missed her Delta connection in Minneapolis to her final destination of South Bend, Indiana, and which forced her to wait for the next flight out at 1pm the next day.

Icelandair Customer review :  5 June 2014 by Evelyn Abayaah    (USA)

Flight 471 from Gatwick to KEF on May 30 and Flight 635 from KEF to BOS on Monday 6/2. My last time on Icelandair. No service at all, not even water. For a 5 hour flight passengers are expected to purchase their own food. The food selection is dismal, very disappointing. I have flown other airlines in the same price range and had a meal and a drink/ Its absurd for an airline on such long legs to not provide complementary meals/drink. This is my last time of ever using that airline. I will rather pay a little more for some comfort. The annoying thing is that, there is no disclosure to passengers about getting your own food.

Icelandair Customer review :  5 June 2014 by Maher Daniel    (Ireland)

Glasgow to Keflavik and Keflavik to Stockholm, both flights right on schedule. Clean, comfortable aircraft (B 757) and friendly, helpful staff. Both flights were also very well priced. Their food for purchase was good and reasonably priced (by Nordic standards!). Great airline and a fine introduction or farewell to a very beautiful country. Well done Icelandair.

Icelandair Customer review :  3 June 2014 by S Bartleman    (Canada)

Travelled on Icelandair from Seattle to Glasgow (never made it) on May 19, for our honeymoon in UK. Flight delayed in Seattle for 3 hours due to pilot's labour dispute and refusing to leave on time. Missed connecting flight in Reykjavik, they tried to put us onto a flight the next day. We had to fight to get onto the next flight to London later that afternoon. Many passengers had to stay in Iceland over night. By missing our connection we also missed our pre booked train in Glasgow. The only reason we even made it to UK that same day was by looking up flights online ourselves and showing the staff in Iceland what flight they were putting us on. If you leave it to them you will never make it.

Icelandair Customer review :  27 May 2014 by S Leese    (USA)

First time using Icelandair and probably the last. Despite booking in January and choosing my seat in Comfort Class they were changed 5 times before I even traveled. I e-mailed a complaint to which I did have a reply. Flight to Reykjavik was okay, minimal service and a very poor selection of food. Delay connecting with the London leg due to the go slow. 2 hours late for a 2.5 hour flight.! and they changed my seat. Terrible boarding procedure, no announcements and no jetway so we had to walk up the steps, which slowed everything even more. On the return leg via Reykjavik, the Seattle flight was on the board as leaving on time although boarding did not commence until the take off time. Again no announcements and walking up the steps again. Plus they tried to change my seat and this time I refused. One pass of the drink and food cart for a 7.5 hour flight. They are really not service oriented. Why is there no jetway available for the Seattle in and out bound flight? and why are 3 US bound flights leaving at the same time from adjacent gates causing absolute chaos in a small waiting area?

Icelandair Customer review :  27 May 2014 by C Moss    (USA)

Booked for us through Viking. Economy is what I would call 4th class. I guess it was cheap and that is why it could be included with the cruise package. I think I would have opted to pay a little more for a different airline. Long trip with no food service and my one leg in the middle seat was very uncomfortable. I was very happy the pilots were on strike and we were changed to a direct flight on Air France with 2 meals free choice of beverage including champagne. Much more comfortable seat, etc.

Icelandair Customer review :  24 May 2014 by Bethany Bee    (USA)

Flew Icelandair for the first time in May 2014. For the lower price and free stopover, I really think it was fine, despite a flight cancellation. Flight from Boston to Keflavik for 2-day stopover was smooth and pleasant. No complaints, friendly service. 2 days later, our flight from Keflavik to Amsterdam was cancelled due to strike. We found out the night before, thankfully, since we decided to check our emails on our phones at dinner via the restaurant wifi and the airline had sent us an e-mail about the cancellation. After the hassle of having to extend our hotel and rental car in Iceland, I waited on the phone on hold to speak with an Icelandair agent for about 30 minutes. When I finally got someone on the line, she was very helpful, quick and efficient and gave us 2 options for the next available flights (one the next day, but not direct, and one 2 days later and direct). She booked us for the one we chose and we were emailed the confirmation right away. No delay s or cancellations on our flights home from Amsterdam through Keflavik and Toronto to Pittsburgh. It was a pain in the butt having to rearrange 2 days our our first ever European vacation and not knowing the results of reimbursement request yet. They said it could take up to 30 days to hear back about reimbursement. Apparently, Icelandair will reimburse hotel and up to 25 Euros per day for food. Meanwhile it's very expensive to eat in Iceland if you want to eat something other than junk food - 25 Euros is not enough for one day of food in my opinion. Iceland was a lovely place to visit and the only real complaint I have about the actual flights is that it was a little warm on the longer flight home, which made it feel like it was even longer.

Icelandair Customer review :  22 May 2014 by Michelle Hanko    (USA)

My husband and I had reservations to travel to the UK on 10 May. When we arrived at the Icelandair check-in booth about three hours in advance of the flight, we were told that the flight had been cancelled because of the Icelandair pilot's strike. The staff made no effort to call us and tell us this. They told us (nothing in writing) that we had seats on a BA flight leaving the next day at 1030 at night. This turned out not to be true, and we ended up flying to London via BA in "stand by coach" mode instead of the business class seats we had paid for. The whole process repeated when it was time to leave - when we arrived at Heathrow on 19 May, the Icelandair folks told us the flight had been delayed. By an hour. Then again. Finally it was obvious that the flight was not going to happen, so they put a group of us (about 30) on a BA flight for the trip home, about 5 hours after the schedule flight. No one told us why the flight had been cancelled, so I can only presume that it was another strike. After the crew behind the Icelandair counter told us they were putting us on another airline, they gathered us up and said they would take us to where we could reclaim our checked bags. As the lead Icelandair agent led us through the airport, we were delayed by the passport reader for about 30 seconds, and when we reached the othe side, she had disappeared with about 5 of the people she was leading. We never saw her or caught up to her again, and neither did the passengers behind us in the line. We were entirely on our own negotiating the UK border lines and finding the correct baggage carousol, not to mention trying to find "Terminal 5" that can only be reached by train. At no point during this whole evolution did any Icelandair employee in the airports offer apologies or try to give us more than the most minimal assistance. They did not waste any effort smiling at us or trying to help out. They treated us like we were nothing more than a tremendous annoyance to them. I will never fly Icelandair again.

Icelandair Customer review :  21 May 2014 by Danny Ferguson    (USA)

Our flight from Dulles to Iceland was canceled last night after we waited all day. We may even miss our cruise out of Copenhagen because of the cancellation. We suspect the cancellation was not the result of mechanical problem as was asserted by airline officials, but rather an unofficial slow down strike. It appeared they were following the company line when they lied to us about it. Reluctantly, we can understand and forgive the stupidity that would allow a strike, which of course hurts the economy of Iceland and causes people like me to say never again and consequently in the end hurts the airline and its personnel. But what we don't forgive is the lying to the passengers, telling us that this was a mechanical problem. They lie to us and then want us to trust our lives to them. If the airlines would lie to us about that, then they would lie to us about anything. As far as I am concerned, it is now a moral issue rather than just a socio economic labor dispute.

Icelandair Customer review :  21 May 2014 by B Todd    (Canada)

We were going to Amsterdam from Edmonton. This was our first trip to Europe. The staff in Edmonton were friendly, and given 1 bottle of water for walking on the plane was nice, but that is about as far as service went. For an international flight, we thought we would get better service and maybe a bag of nuts or snacks, but only water or pop. The seats were very tight for legroom and as the comfort of the seats, well they were not. Landed in Iceland and we had to go through security. Our connecting flight was at 7:20 and we arrived at 6:45 with approximately 200 passengers, 3 security people, no one on the flight believed we would make the plane, but we did make it with about 5 minutes to spare. Flight to Amsterdam much better. returning from Amsterdam to Iceland, good flight, flying back to Edmonton, delayed for no reason as the pilots were not on strike that day. The terminal was full of passengers going to different locals but there were no announcements about any delays, they started to put people through but then stopped for no reason, they put more people through and then we had to wait for the bus to take us to the plane. 2 hour delay sitting in a tiny airport with nothing to do. This is a joke and next trip to Europe I will spend more, just for the comfort factor. You get what you pay for - thank you travel agent.

Icelandair Customer review :  20 May 2014 by D Crichton    (USA)

Flights out from Denver to KEF and then to Glasgow was okay because we were excited to be on our way. No leg room, hard seats, no food, only beverages served twice on a 7 hr. flight. The good thing was they got us to our destination and we enjoyed our time in Scotland - until 16th May. Supposed to return on 16th May - checked on line before leaving hotel and flight was on time. At the Glasgow airport, stood in line for an hour to be told no flights leaving until 10.5 hours later so we would miss our connection. Sent us to another (Menzies) window where we stood in line again for about an hour. They finally got us booked on United for our return but said that Icelandair may reimburse us for motel and meals because of the delay. No vouchers or "made ahead" reservations for us. Very disappointing.

Icelandair Customer review :  19 May 2014 by A Gwaltney    (USA)

Have had issues with two previous flights on Icelandair, but continued to book with them as their sales are generally good. Have finally decided, however, that you get what you pay for. I will never fly this miserable airline again. Major delays when flying to Europe due to their strike. This is unacceptable. They had plenty of advance warning and could easily have planned ahead. (And I was flying on a "non strike" day.) When British Airways went on strike several years ago, management actually worked as flight attendants to prevent interruption to their service. That is customer service and Icelandair should pay attention. No one at the Icelandair customer service kiosks (in any airport) seems to know what's up. Relatives attempting to monitor flights cannot get necessary information online due to poor computer software services. Poor seating onboard. Miserable food service. The only thing of value is their inflight entertainment service. In the future, I will fly another airline regardless of where I am going, even if the cost is double.

Icelandair Customer review :  17 May 2014 by Ian Wildman    (USA)

Worst economy seating I've sat in for a transatlantic flight. I wanted to upgrade my seating for the return trip for me and my husband - I was staggered when the agent told me it would require re-writing the ticket and thus incur a $250 change fee plus $35 admin fee plus the change in seat price. This was not a date change - just a seat upgrade - almost $1000 for a seat change! Icelandair just lost two customers on their first trip with them.

Icelandair Customer review :  13 May 2014 by Peter Thyne    (USA)

May 6, LGW-KEF-JFK, Economy Class. An excellent flight on all sectors, warm, welcoming flight crews. My Husband required wheelchair assistance. This was achieved with smiles, grace and compassion. The lack of "free food" did not worry me as a Diabetic, as many so called "Diabetic Meals" provided free by other carriers have been the exact opposite almost bordering on being toxic. Purchased delicious sandwiches at LGW for both sectors and had a high quality, delightful picnic. Legroom good in all sectors and the toilets maintained spotlessly clean at all times.

Icelandair Customer review :  13 May 2014 by Quinn Brian    (UK)

Icelandair compares with the worse of the US based airlines who are generally recognised as providing the worse inflight serve of all the international airlines. I flew in both Economy and Saga Class. The Economy Cabin has the lowest seat spacing I have ever encountered. Seven hour flights with only a small bottle of water provided. Meals in Saga (Business Class) not as good as the basic meal served in economy class by most international airlines e.g. BA, KLM, Air France, Emirates, etc. Cabin crew are at best indifferent and at worse rude.

Icelandair Customer review :  11 May 2014 by Scott Woodman    (Canada)

Our first and last booking on Icelandair. We booked from Edmonton to Amsterdam, April 25. We checked updates 10 minutes before arriving at airport, flight late notice only upon arrival at airport. Return Flight was cancelled from Amsterdam. 90% of passengers were notified by e-mail not us! So diversion of 9 hours. Not impressed at all. We travel 4-5 times a year. Not worth the deal on price.

Icelandair Customer review :  7 May 2014 by V Guiducci    (USA)

We flew from London to Iceland and on to Orlando, May 2014 in Saga Class with a 3 night stop over in Iceland. I require wheelchair assistance. I was given help on and off the planes with a smile. Both flights were on time. The crews were courteous and helpful on both flights. When I got up to go the toilet, a crew member came to offer a pull up from my seat. I agree with other reviews that the seats do not meet current business class standards on international flights, but they are reasonably comfortable and offer enough recline to stretch out on a long flight. The free stop over in Iceland was a great bonus. Overall, Icelandair offers good value for the price paid.

Icelandair Customer review :  7 May 2014 by I Prav    (Canada)

Flight from Edmonton was delayed by 2 hours - was informed of this at the check in desk, which is fine. Connecting flight out of Keflavik was delayed by an additional 2 hours because we waited for about a third of the plane to board all at once, 1.5 hrs after everyone else got on. Pinned the issue on airport strikes and refused to acknowledge poor organization which seems like the likely culprit. Customer service took a very long time to reply to emails and offered no compensation for missed flight out of final destination.

Icelandair Customer review :  6 May 2014 by Helen Sutton    (USA)

We recently flew from Copenhagen to Seattle via Icelandair - an experience I'll never forget or want to repeat. I have cerebral palsy and use a scooter for mobility. While I knew our trip to Europe might pose challenges in older cities and architecture, our time in Europe was seamless until we got to Copenhagen airport - the one place I thought would be barrier free. My walker and scooter were taken from me as soon as we checked-in - we were four hours early at the airport and had to use a manual wheelchair provided by Icelandair. We changed planes in Reykjavik where there was no gangway/ramp to plane available - only a huge flight of stairs. When I inquired about how I could get on the plane they said, "you will walk up the stairs." I told them how difficult this would be for me particularly in the rain. By the time I got to the top of the stairs an attendant finally offered to give me a hand. Too little, too late. Of all the places I anticipated challenges, the airports weren't among my major concerns. Very, disappointed in Icelandair and how they handled my trip from Copenhagen to Seattle.

Icelandair Customer review :  5 May 2014 by A Weston    (Canada)

Worst flight ever. YYZ-KEF - Over 5 hours and they wanted 8 Euros for a sandwich. When we boarded the plane it was literally 92 Fahrenheit. The crew were rude and they took 30 minutes to get a coke for you.

Icelandair Customer review :  28 April 2014 by D Bruce    (Canada)

Flew Edmonton to Frankfurt via Reykjavik. Flight departed 5 minutes early from Edmonton and was a smooth flight with good inflight service and food. Short layover in Iceland before boarding connection flight to Frankfurt. Return flight had a short delay arriving In Edmonton due to a minor mechanical problem with the aircraft. Overall very satisfied with Icelandair and would not hesitate to use them again!

Icelandair Customer review :  25 April 2014 by Angela Zaharakis    (USA)

We flew from JFK, NY to Stockholm Sweden, via layover in Iceland. On our way to Sweden the trip was OK. Landings a bit bumpy. On the way back the entertainment system from Stockholm to Reykjavik was not working at all. The second leg of our flight, I encountered a similar situation. The seat I was sitting at, the touch screen was not working properly. The flight attendant reset it to no avail. It was not working. I was given a blanket to cover the screen because we could not even turn it off! When they crew were passing out the US Customs forms, they missed us and we missed them. At some point we asked them for a form for our family and we were rudely told they had passed by twice already. At no point did anyone make an effort to make sure we had the form. They grudgingly brought one over. Overall the service was very poor, no food served on the Intl portion of the flight, just soft drinks and coffee/tea. I would avoid them in the future if I can help it.

Icelandair Customer review :  23 April 2014 by R Bettauer    (USA)

Flew from Washington DC to Helsinki, via Reykjavik, in business (Saga) class. I'm not a tall person (5 ft 4), so my feet could not touch the floor from the seat. The so-called footrest was a little metal pad right on the floor, so it didn't help, either. As the seat upholstery was slippery, I could not get any traction for the back from that, either, so that the entire trip was very uncomfortable. But the worst experience was the luggage delay. OK, it happens that the bag sometimes does not arrive and you may have to slum it in your flight clothes for a day. But, this time the bag was found quickly, but it could not be transported 100 km out of Helsinki in more than 3 days! If I had known this, I would have taken a taxi or rented or car and had retrieved the bag myself. I pay their top fare and Icelandair does not seem to think that my luggage deserves decent and prompt handling. Will never fly Icelandair again and will not recommend it.

Icelandair Customer review :  23 April 2014 by Clark Martin    (UK)

Booked an Easter city break with Icelandair. Strange update seat requests by auction offers, looked at it but could not justify the extra costs associated with each type, especially with not knowing what you get for the upgrade. Think it was more of a money generator for the airline rather than an offer to the passenger. The boarding was a request for the speedy boarders and passengers at the back of the aircraft, so would be upset if I had paid extra. In fact I was first on the aircraft. Plane, seats and FA were good. Paid for the airport to Hotel transfer which was ok and straightforward. Flights back, we checked in online to find we had wasted our time as we had to use a machine behind long queues to print out boarding passes and case tickets. Airport ok, food ok, transfer through to gate and return flights all good.

Icelandair Customer review :  22 April 2014 by G Cramer    (Netherlands)

I went Saga Class, Amsterdam to Newark. The flights left promptly on time and landed with time to spare. I had read reviews about there being no priority boarding at Keflavik but had hoped this wasn't true. It's true. The mob just surged all at once for the plane. Being disabled gave me no priority either. Meals were so so; I have had much better on Economy with Air France. The flight attendants were very friendly. The bottom line is that you get what you pay for, cheaper fares mean cheaper overall service.

Icelandair Customer review :  22 April 2014 by K Warfield    (USA)

SEA-KEF-GLA and return for trip to the UK. Have used British Airways in the past, but because Icelandair's price came in at less than half what BA want for Business Class, I chose to go with Icelandair. It must be said it is not as comfortable as BA's Club World, not by a longshot. But, for the price, it's not too bad, either. Positives include: smaller plane, smaller airport (KEF), making it easier to get around; Friendly, efficient cabin crew. Really tasty food. Saga Class bulkhead seat has a cutout so you can put a bag at your feet, rather than in overhead locker, which is convenient. Negatives (or at least not as positive) are: seat isn't as comfortable, and doesn't fully recline. And, when the person in front of you reclines, you get a little locked in (which one hopes to avoid in business class, usually) Overall, though, I'd say it's good value for the money, and connecting through KEF is much more convenient than most of Europe's other, larger, airports. I would fly Icelandair again without hesitation.

Icelandair Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Cheryl Anderson    (Canada)

First of all the flight was delayed 26 hours. We were sent to a hotel after 4 hours. Asked to be back 14 hours later. When at hotel to late for food. No dinner. Morning we had breakfast on Airline and lunch dinner on airline at airport. Late 2 hours leaving on the second day. When we arrived in Iceland they let everyone off but only wanted people that were transferring, everyone else put on hold like cattle in a corral. After everyone off, then they want you to get you through customs immediately (I don't do lineups and waiting). I would never use Icelandair again and I would never visit Iceland again.

Icelandair Customer review :  4 April 2014 by M Stout    (USA)

SEA-KEF-SEA. Plus: Service was good, flight attendants very friendly, flights left on time, good choice of inflight entertainment. Minus: Hardest airline seats I've ever sat in, like a concrete bench.

Icelandair Customer review :  2 April 2014 by C Anderson    (Canada)

Bad start to a short holiday. We decided to take a short holiday in Iceland and we were to leave from Edmonton on March 24, 2014. Delayed 26 hours. Now a four day holiday is three days. They did put us up in a hotel but you better have insurance for anything else that you missed. Would not recommend this airline.

Icelandair Customer review :  22 March 2014 by S Jones    (USA)

I first flew on Icelandair when I came back to the US from Europe in 1964. At that time, the plane was a 4 engine prop DC-6B. It was an adventure! The next time that I flew Icelandair was in 2001 to visit my kids in Sweden going to school. Flew from Minneapolis to Reykjavik to Stockholm. It was a great flight and the service was better than any that I had experienced (I am an extensive traveler in the US on business). Had wonderful hot meals and essentially an open bar. The 757 was immaculate and the service was too. Just got back from Europe this past week and what a difference. No more included food and drink, but the service was just OK this time.

Icelandair Customer review :  12 March 2014 by George Burdell    (USA)

Overnight to Sweden and back, March 2014. Changing planes in Iceland makes for a shorter trip to Europe. The seats were very hard. No meals on an overnight flight was a shock. Iceland airport is fairly small, so getting through customs and to the connecting flight was easy and quick. With SAS reducing flights, Icelandair is a reasonable alternative. But bring your own sandwich and seat cushion.

Icelandair Customer review :  6 March 2014 by Andrey Gerasenkov    (USA)

JFK-KEF-JFK on February 27 and March 3rd. The first leg was on a 757-200 with narrow seats and bad legroom. In addition the aircraft was unbearably hot. Free movies, Wi-Fi and food for purchase. FA's nice and attentive. The flight back to JFK was on a 757-300 and both the seats and the legroom were excellent for economy class. This flight was much more comfortable than the outbound leg.

Icelandair Customer review :  22 February 2014 by V Nann    (USA)

It seemed like a good price for Business class YYZ-KEF-BOS. The seats are terribly uncomfortable and scarcely recline, which is a huge negative on an overnight transatlantic flight. Couldn't see much of a difference between Saga (which we booked) and Premium Economy. Food service was nothing special, and the movie selection was the most limited I've encountered in years. The biggest plus was the Saga club at KEF: nice assortment of fine pastries, snacks, and beverages, and comfortable seating.

Icelandair Customer review :  20 February 2014 by D Leston    (UK)

LHR-KEF-LGW first time with Icelandair and the positives outweigh the negatives. On the plus side both flights departed pretty much on schedule and the IFE, for what is a relatively short flight, is excellent, with a great choice of films and a largish display for an economy seat. The crews were also welcoming and polite. The only real down sides are the incredibly uncomfortable seats and the lack of any complimentary refreshments - flying economy on FI means you pay for everything, even water, just like on a loco.

Icelandair Customer review :  10 February 2014 by Thyne Peter    (USA)

Jan 27 - JFK-KEF-LGW. Feb 4 - LGW-KEF-JFK. My first experience with Icelandair. Very impressed. Lovely, caring, cabin crew. Seating very comfortable, nice large fluffy blanket with large pillow and on the US legs a bottle of mineral water. Transfer in KEF effortless both ways. The Pay as you Eat policy for food did not worry me as I always bring my own meal. Experienced a medical emergency half way into the KEF-JFK Flight, my blood sugar levels fell dangerously low. The Cabin Crew were very attentive and caring and even radioed ahead for a wheelchair at JFK. Very impressed at the crew's professionalism.

Icelandair Customer review :  7 February 2014 by Jazak Toni    (Germany)

FI 521, FRA-KEF. Extreme crosswinds, visual minimum's under 900ft and a very slippy runway (heavy snow), the captain did a great job of landing. During the flight everything was fine. Polite cabin crew, good entertainment but I missed a meal on a 3.5hr flight up to Iceland. Please Icelandair change your business philosophy and invest in free meals, just like other flagcarriers in Europe do.

Icelandair Customer review :  5 February 2014 by D Mainhart    (USA)

I fly Icelandair to Europe and back two or three times a year, mainly because they are always less expensive and I can spend a night or two in Iceland to get rid of jet lag and enjoy Reykjavik. My most recent trip was in Dec. and Jan. DEN-KEF-LON and back. I was upgraded to Saga class. Boarding always seems fast and very efficient compared to other airlines. Food is very good with a selection of both meat and fresh fish. The entertainment is ok with old and new movies and a great selection of music, but the touch screen doesn't always work, this can be annoying on an 8 hour flight. Changing planes in Iceland can seem hectic as the airport is small and many planes arrive and depart close to the same time, but all the gates are no more than 5 minutes from each other. My main complaint about Icelandair is information and upgrades given by central reservations in Iceland are often ignored or changed by ticket or gate agents in other countries.

Icelandair Customer review :  5 February 2014 by G Mckinnon    (Canada)

We traveled from SEA to KEF in economy Jan 24 returning Jan 27. Had a good experience on both flights. Seats were good for the 7 hr plus flight. Cabin staff were very nice out bound but a little stiff inbound. Would use them again and have recommended them to friends for their plans out of YVR this summer.

Icelandair Customer review :  30 January 2014 by H Kestler    (USA)

We purchased Saga Business Class tickets (First Class) for one stop (Reykjavik, Iceland KEF) with arrival at 12pm Munich time, Dec 8, 2013. However, boarding of the flight in DC was delayed due to a "problem with the lavatory", although we were assured at the DC gate that we would make our Munich connection in KEF. This mechanical problem resulted in our plane arriving at KEF only a few minutes within our Munich flight departing KEF. As a result, we were re-routed by Icelandair through Copenhagen which resulted in considerable inconvenience, including an additional 4-5 hours of travel. My TV/Movie screen did not work on the return flight; the flight was in excess of six hours. We found the comfort and services offered by Icelandair to be quite adequate and would have flown Icelandair again pending satisfactory resolution of this outbound costly inconvenience. We will not fly this airline again.

Icelandair Customer review :  29 January 2014 by J MacPherson    (Canada)

I have travelled from Halifax, Canada to Manchester, UK and back, twice - the first time (2011) I changed planes (both ways) in Iceland with just a short stopover in the middle of the night. It was a bit chilly and we had to go out onto the tarmac to get to the plane which I was surprised about, but everything before that had gone very smoothly. I ate at the airport so I didn't need food for the journey. It is a very nice airport but as others have said there are not many places to sit except at the gates, but they have a nice area in the centre with restaurants and shops. The seats in the plane were quite comfortable, with plenty of leg room which I needed as I had a knee replacement and my leg does not bend very much anymore. The entertainment worked well - I took my own earphones as you have to buy them (as on most airlines). My only complaint is that last year (2013) I had to either stay over in Iceland for the night or take the plane to Toronto, then on to Halifax, they had stopped the layover, so I stayed in Reykjavik. I hope they go back to the layover again UK to Can, but even if they don't, I would fly with them again, this time via Toronto.

Icelandair Customer review :  15 January 2014 by W Brown    (Switzerland)

Flew Denver to Zurich. Accepted two stops because the price was good for business class, but the seating made it a very bad value for the money. Very little seat back reclining, not much space to the seat in front, really just about the same as an economy plus seat on United. Also no foot support. The food was great, but I don't really care about that - I just want some sleep, which was impossible in these seats. The first leg flight was also 3 hours late due to a broken part, which necessitated rebooking the successive two flights. Their plane, their fault, no compensation other than an apology.

Icelandair Customer review :  14 January 2014 by Murat Nal    (UK)

IAD-LHR. SAGA class. Checked with Icelandair via e-mail if I could take 3x32 kg per person as other airlines flying this route allow. Got a reply saying I was correct and that I could take 3x32kg per person. I have just checked in with Icelandair at Dulles airport and told that unless I paid $262 for two bags they would not check us in. They insist that my allowance is only 2x32kg per person. I showed them my e-mail which clearly states that I was allowed 3 bags only to be told that the Icelandair representative had made a mistake. I am now in the Air France lounge shared with Icelandair. There is nowhere to sit with minimal refreshments. How they can call this a business lounge I don't know. The whole idea as others have said in flying Business Class. Is that it should be stress free. I wish that was the case. I am now dreading the flight itself.

Icelandair Customer review :  9 January 2014 by R Nicol    (UK)

Terrible experience from start to finish. We were delayed travelling to Iceland from New York by weather which is perfectly fine and expected due to the awful conditions but the service at Reykjavik airport was nothing short of shambolic. We missed our connecting flight because of the delay, again which is fine and were put on a later flight to London, then onto our final destination of Glasgow. They couldn't give us our baggage number at the service desk and were told we'd get it at the gate by staff there. Eventually got to the gate later that day only to be treated with no care whatsoever. Staff were rude, unwilling to give us the baggage number and told us 4 different thing when 'checking up' on our baggage. There was no misunderstanding and we were told complete lies just to get us on the plane. We get to London to find out our bags didn't come with us after being told they were which confirmed they lied. Arrive eventually at Glasgow and didn't receive our baggage until Tuesday.

Icelandair Customer review :  7 January 2014 by W Nicholas    (Norway)

Business class, ARN-KEF-NYC-KEF (stopover) - ARN. Poor business class experience. Check in very smooth, luggage drop good. Most annoying was the outdated seating, felt like flying business class in 1988. Seat hardly reclining, head rest too short, the head side rest had no resistance whatsoever on either side, so head was just rolling freely. No leg support. Worst about this was when flying at night, the seats are about as comfortable as economy seats due to lack of flap reclination and no leg support. Also dirty table top. The food was ok and service adequate, but nothing special. The entertainment unit was old fashioned, and unresponsive, so always jumping back and forth 2 pages instead of one. Another annoying experience is the lounge in Reykjavik for stop over flights. It is before passport control and US gates. In the lounge no one tells you when to leave or how much of a queue there is for passports, so I went when boarding started but was far too early at the gate, just standing around. The other time I went later, but there was enormous queues for passport control, so I had to run afterwards to the gate. The whole purpose of business class is comfort, but the lounge placement just adds to stress level. If you stop over twice in Reykjavik Icelandair business might be good, but for stop over only not worth it. Choose a proper transatlantic airline instead.

Icelandair Customer review :  7 January 2014 by L Froholm    (USA)

Flew Anchorage - Oslo via Reykjavik last August. Small plane but good price and direct flight from Anchorage made it well worth it. Hoped to repeat this trip this year but am surprised to find that the prices are higher but surprisingly - all return trips have 2 stops - have to go to Seattle to get back to Anchorage. That defeats the purpose of the direct flights. Would I recommend Icelandair - would have said yes but now with no direct return flights and higher prices would say no.

Icelandair Customer review :  30 December 2013 by Sam Ruis    (USA)

I was traveling alone with my Autistic toddler, and they went above and beyond to help me. My daughter needs a 5 point seatbelt, so I had to bring her car seat onboard, they took it in and fitted it to her seat, and boarded us first, gate checked her stroller, helped me with our hand luggage, gave us extra blankets and checked on us throughout the flight. The entertainment was great, the screens are interactive touch screens. The movie selection was really good, a lot of new releases. The food was good, my daughter had a kids meal included with her ticket, and I ordered food from a menu. Luggage allowance is very generous, even in economy we were allowed two 40lbs bags each, and the website has very clear and concise information on what the dimensions and rules were, so I wasn't stressed out about getting it wrong and having to pay for extra luggage, or anything like that. My favorite part was that our return flights from Denver to London cost over $1.000 less than any of the other airlines! It's not glamorous, and might not meet some peoples luxurious requirements, but for people like me finding this airline was a godsend! Their ground staff and flight crew are all wonderful.

Icelandair Customer review :  19 December 2013 by Neil Finch    (UK)

FI455, 13/12, LHR-KEF. FI454, 16/12, KEF-LHR. Brilliant airline, smooth check in, great flight, efficient staff and on time . Could give BA a run for the money any day . We could not fault it. Well done Icelandair, we will travel with you again. Stress free and pleasurable.

Icelandair Customer review :  16 December 2013 by Murat Nal    (UK)

Saga class, LHR-KEF-IAD. 11 December arrived at Heathrow. Heavy fog, lots of flights late or canceled. Our flight 5 hours late so we missed our connection to IAD. This is where flying with a decent airline comes into play. We had all the comforts of the star alliance lounge to pass the time. Nothing exceptional but food and drinks, seats and Wifi. Although understandably crowded with all the other delays, staff kept us informed. Apologies from Iceland staff for the inconvenience. They arranged overnight accommodation at their own hotel in Reykjavik. Arranged transport to from hotel and booked us on the next days flight. On board LHR-KE . Short flight, B757 seats 2 by 2 very wide with reasonable 40" space from the seats in front. Food good, noise cancelling headsets offered. Entertainment system not very good. No controls on seats to headset so have to play with the screen on the passengers seat in front. As mentioned by earlier reviewer, be careful when you connect the headset, if the volume was set high by the previous user you could hurt your ear drums. Flight crew all nice. Next day KEF-IAD, Saga lounge excellent - so much food and drink, comfortable seats, friendly staff and Internet. Lounge close to US departure gates. On board B757 6hr flight. Again on board service food excellent. Entertainment system is a let down. I wanted to see the ending of a film I watched on the London flight. To fast forward its not easy took nearly 10 minutes to forward an 80min film. No music available. Even with the old aircraft, not so good entertainment system, I still feel I made the right decision flying Iceland and would highly recommend them.

Icelandair Customer review :  9 December 2013 by B Soleymani    (Canada)

Travelled the route YYZ-KEF-ARN and back for a long weekend trip to Sweden in late November. I am very pleased with this route/airline because it provides the shortest/quickest way to get to Stockholm from Toronto and the transfers are easy. It spares you a great portion of the exhaustion experienced when flying through the major European hubs (because of longer flights and busier/larger airports). It took just below 5 hrs to fly from Toronto to Reykjavik, short transfer of 45 mins at Keflavik airport, another 2hr 45 min flight and we landed in Stockholm.

Icelandair Customer review :  18 November 2013 by K Tyler    (USA)

Not too thrilled with Icelandair. Was flying from Seattle to Amsterdam with a stopover in Reykjavik. The website gave me trouble - my first attempt at a webticket ended in an "unknown error" page on the payment step. Tried again with success, but I was charged twice for one flight. I had to call the North American office several times, with various opinions ranging from blasť "it might be normal" to "I can't explain it," but with each call ending with a promise to contact the Reykjavik office as soon as they opened, and that somebody would get back to me. I spent nearly 2 hours over 2 weeks calling the North American office - there was never ever an apology or follow-up as promised. Flights were uncomfortable (and I'm not usually picky). On an 8 hour leg from Seattle to Reykjavik, got the last row seat next to the rear lavatory -- these have been installed too close to the rear wall (such that they don't recline at all). Also the seat backs on two flights had a large ridge (~0.5") behind the thin padding of the seat and I got a red sore on each of these flights. Beyond this, the entertainment system uses the last used volume setting when you start a film. If the last customer set it to full volume, you're in for a real shock! Also, all food is for fee (and the food is expensive and low quantity) and complementary drinks (soft drinks and hot tea/coffee only) come sporadically. Ultimately, I'd absolutely avoid this airline unless you have plans to stay in Iceland (they are at least flexible with stopovers).

Icelandair Customer review :  6 November 2013 by B Lord    (USA)

My wife and I used Icelandair because of the cheap price I got for the Saga Class on a Trip from Seattle to Paris. On the first leg of the trip from Seattle to Reykjavik my entertainment console malfunctioned even after it was rebooted. A complete waste of time for me. My wife's worked fine. On the trip back it worked OK but the screen was smaller than flight from Paris to Reykjavik. Otherwise, I liked the service on all flights.

Icelandair Customer review :  30 October 2013 by O West    (UK)

Last week I flew LHR-KEF and back after a 5-day stay in beautiful Iceland. Check-in and boarding at Heathrow was quick and the staff were lovely! The IFE in both flights were very good and showed a number of popular TV shows and movies as well as map views and information (speed, height etc.) about the flight. In both flights we hit some turbulence in both which the crew did a fantastic job of persevering with. Flight attendants were delightful and happy to help. Both planes (757-200 and 757-300) were clean and modern. Seats were very comfy and the headrests even had amusing anecdotes and useful Icelandic phrases on them! Overall a very pleasant journey.

Icelandair Customer review :  29 October 2013 by Raymond Awad    (USA)

On August 17th, my wife and I flew to Paris on Icelandair to spend one week celebrating our anniversary. Though the trip itself was wonderful, our flight back turned out to be an awful experience due to terribly poor customer service. Our first flight was to Reykjavik from Paris, a shorter flight, departing at 8am. We arrived at the gate at 7.30, only a very short while after formal boarding had finished. The Icelandair gate agent was unwilling to discuss our boarding, but instead, referred us to another location giving the false impression that we would be better assisted there. Following direction, we went to the main Icelandair kiosk to discuss our travel. While the gate attendant was short and non-amenable to our boarding, the main attendant at the Icelandair kiosk was downright rude, uncooperative, and completely void of any empathy. The only choice we were given was to return our hotel and come back the next morning to purchase new tickets at full price. We ended up purchasing our tickets back from AA. Ultimately, I have never experienced a more uncooperative airline. These days, people shop not only for good prices but good service. I recommend that you don't waste your time or money with Icelandair.

Icelandair Customer review :  26 October 2013 by G DeBoer    (USA)

I flew MSP-Paris-return in August 2013 and was very satisfied. We were late leaving Minneapolis, due to a thunderstorm, but were pleased to find out that when we landed in Reykjavik, we had not missed our connecting flight to Paris because it was waiting for us. I don't know if that is standard policy for Icelandair, but it was a relief to our group of about 16 people.

Icelandair Customer review :  21 October 2013 by Don Beddage    (Canada)

My wife and I recently travelled on Iceland Air Business (Saga) Class from Toronto to Oslo via Reykjavik. Even though the seat had a limited recline, which we were aware of prior to booking, service on all four flights was excellent for the price paid. The flight time from Toronto to Reykjavik is just over five hours, and the flight was arrived slightly ahead of schedule. All four flights were on time. A hot meal with a selection of beverages was offered. On the flights between Iceland and Norway, a cold meal was offered which was quite good. Their lounges in both Iceland, and Oslo are quite good and we did not find them to be over crowded.

Icelandair Customer review :  21 October 2013 by A Gunn    (USA)

My family of 3 flew economy class SEA-KEF-AMS. Inflight entertainment was good for adults. It might be best for the longer flights to bring extra movies for children as there wasn't too much for them besides two movies and a bunch of episodes of Lazytown. Seating was a bit crammed, but get what you pay for. The nicest part was the effort on the part of the airline to keep us all seated together without trying to gouge us or blow us off like other airlines. Customer service appears to still have a pulse with Icelandair. There was only a slight delay with one of the four flights, but we still managed to leave on time. We read about the food for pay thing ahead of time and packed our own meals. Our child's airline provided meal was brought hot and early in the flight and she was happy with it. Overall though, I am satisfied with this airline and would fly again.

Icelandair Customer review :  7 October 2013 by B Gatecliffe    (Australia)

Flew Helsinki-Keflavik, 10th Sept returned 27th Sept in Saga Class. We flew from Melbourne Aus in one go via Helsinki. We were stuck in Helsinki airport for 9 hours, in a lounge that was small and offered very little. Seeing the Iceland aircraft land and arrive on time in Helsinki was such a relief. We boarded on time. The seating was the old style business class seat, but for a 4 hour flight we did not care too much. Comfort was acceptable. Food was ok and edible. The crew were very good. The entertainment system offerings were very dated and was the only let down of the flight. We landed in a storm. High winds and heavy rain. The pilots did a great job in landing the plane, welcome to Iceland! The return trip was very good. Check-in was excellent. Business class lounge was excellent, with good food and drink offerings. Same aircraft set up as our inward flight. Food on board was very good as were the staff. As mentioned the entertainment system was very ordinary. Overall a very good experience, just let down by things that would not take too much to rectify.

Icelandair Customer review :  26 September 2013 by D Stebeleski    (UK)

One way Toronto to Heathrow via Reykjavik, excellent price, 2 free bags checked 23kg allowance, brilliant IFE, fast friendly check in, given emergency exit seats at no additional cost, on time flights, very friendly staff on all sectors. No food but well explained and I would rather have cheaper fare anyway. 9-hour stopover at the Blue Lagoon an excellent way to spend a layover. Streaks ahead of Air Canada in every aspect. Now just start flying to Winnipeg please!

Icelandair Customer review :  25 September 2013 by Richard Loveless    (UK)

I flew return to Denver from Heathrow on Sep 8th. Paid a large amount for a meal on outbound flight, was able to stock up with food for the return journey. The plane seats were comfortable enough, sad to have to pay for ear phones though. My return journey was marred by an 0630 landing at KEF and finding that I could not transfer my 1610 flight to the 0740 flight without paying 1200 dollars. I sat in an empty airport for 10 hours. The onboard food menu is very poor and dull and does not justify the prices charged. The plane was clean and tidy.

Icelandair Customer review :  18 September 2013 by J Saville    (Canada)

We chose bulkhead seats in Saga class, not knowing there were no foot rests. Since I have serious leg problems, I need to have my legs raised somewhat during most of the flight. There was nothing to put my feet on. The staff were excellent, allowing me to use my carry on for support, but this was not adequate. I had trouble walking the entire visit to the UK. I am dreading the flight home. We had to wait in Toronto and Iceland, plane was late leaving, no place to sit in Iceland airport, so had to stand for 30 minutes. No boarding preference, were discouraged from using the lounge because of distance to walk from gate. No indication on ticket or booking regarding dinner service. The only difference from economy was the wider seat. I will have to fly home, but never again.

Icelandair Customer review :  28 August 2013 by A Craig    (Canada)

Travelled from Seattle to Stockholm and back via KEF. Planes are fine, service is fine, food and drink are exactly what you get these days on any airline. Entertainment system is better than most competitors. KEF is a small airport and they don't call out gate announcements so you need to pay attention. That isn't Icelandair's fault. I travel extensively and would use Icelandair again in a heartbeat. My only issue is that they cancelled their partner program with Alaska so I didn't get any points!

Icelandair Customer review :  27 August 2013 by Vasile Magdalena Mara    (Canada)

I took Icelandair from Copehagen, Denmark to Toronto, Canada with a stop over in Reykjavik. I was very satisfied with the quality of the flight. If you look for safety, control of the plane during turbulence, communication pilot-passengers during important moments of the flight, you make a good choice in Icelandair. If you rate the food quality, the size of the seats, and other superficial aspects on a flight, you may not be happy, but your opinion stays superficial. I flew on so many airlines that had good in-flight service but the pilots disappointed that now I can make a difference. On Iceland Air they sat me on the comfort class and felt I had a very good in- flight service as well as a very smooth flight.

Icelandair Customer review :  27 August 2013 by R Warden    (USA)

MSP-KEF-CPH and back. Impressed with the space and legroom in Economy Class. We also liked the multiple entertainment options at each individual seat. The flight attendants were friendly and helpful and welcomed us with blankets and pillows as we boarded the plane. The only negative was the fact that we were served only drinks (no complementary food) but we were told this in advance so we prepared by bringing our own snacks. There was food for purchase and all items were reasonably priced and tasty. KEF is an easy airport to navigate and their passport control was quick and efficient to move us through processing during a short layover. We will definitely fly with Icelandair again and since they have recently opened some new gateways in the U.S. and Europe, we will definitely be considering these options on our next international trip.

Icelandair Customer review :  16 August 2013 by A Chater    (UK)

LHR-KEF-BOS return. Checked in online for all flights which worked well with the advance seat selection under the 'My Booking' page on the Icelandair website. Check-in queues were all very short and all flights departed on time. Inflight entertainment system is on par with other major airlines and certainly better than what many US airlines offer on similar flights. Food is buy on board but as we already knew this we made other arrangements. Connection in Iceland carried out with ease, only criticism is that boarding in Keflavik is rather disorganised, several flights leave at the same time from one corridor and announcements are not made for any of the flights making it difficult to identify which queue is for which gate/flight. That said, I would definitely fly Icelandair again as these flights seem to break up what can be a long transatlantic journey.

Icelandair Customer review :  13 August 2013 by P Webster    (UK)

Checked in online for both journeys, and on both we had our seats moved without warning or advise. On the way out, we were only notified at the gate, and told it was our fault as we should have checked for any reseating, and reprinted boarding cards. On return, checked at information, and advised moved again and sitting about 15 rows apart. It appears they under estimate Economy Plus and alter seating just before take off. Sensible thing would be to over estimate and release later.

Icelandair Customer review :  7 August 2013 by I Gankin-Segal    (USA)

I fly internationally about 4-6 times a year on various airlines and my recent Icelandair flights from Boston to Saint Petersburg was one of the best. The plane was new, comfortable and very clean. The blankets they offered were plush and cozy. The airline doesn't offered free meals for economy class but the options offered for purchase are restaurant grade at a negligible cost (the most expensive dish was about 10 euros). I tried oatmeal, salad and mini hamburgers all of which were delicious. All of these made the flight experience more pleasant than having free airline food like other airlines. I also appreciated the on time departures which insured that I did not worry about missing my tight connections. The staff was extremely friendly and gracious and even covered me with a blanket when I fell asleep on a flight from Saint Petersburg to Keflavik. I highly recommend using this wonderful airline where small details make a big difference.

Icelandair Customer review :  5 August 2013 by David Jones    (Canada)

Economy Comfort, YYZ-KEF-HEL. Very satisfied with Icelandair. Flight left Toronto slightly late due to passenger problems which made for a tight connection in KEF. You have to go through security and immigration in KEF so I only had a few minutes before boarding the onward flight to Helsinki. Both flights were clean, comfortable and with great service from a professional and efficient crew. On arrival in Helsinki, I discovered that my suitcase had not made the onward flight. A good test is how airlines perform when things go wrong, and I was given an overnight kit at the airport, kept up to date on the bag's progress which was delivered to my hotel the following day.

Icelandair Customer review :  29 July 2013 by Scott Harris    (USA)

For the second year in a row we flew Icelandair out of Boston. Last time our destination was Scandinavia. We decided to make Iceland this year's destination. We were again pleasantly surprised by the value provided. The cabin staff were very accommodating. Flight was on time. Our luggage was on the carousal almost simultaneously with our clearing customs. Reykjavik airport is clean, organized and easy to manoeuvre in and out. Plenty of good food options at the airport.

Icelandair Customer review :  10 July 2013 by Akram El Dimerdash    (Egypt)

CDG-KEF, KEF-IAD. CDG Icelandair check-in counters were a real mess, hundreds of passengers queuing with only 3 incredibly slow agents. Luckily I was flying SAGA class and I stood for half an hour only. Business class Lounge at CDG 1, is worthless. Flight from CDG-KEF was good and comfortable, the crew were friendly and hospitable. Food was very good, entertainment excellent, seats of old version but comfortable enough. KEF Airport arrival hall is a big mess with only 3 belts for almost 8 arrivals at the same time, so you wait around 20 min. A huge supermarket is located in the Arrival area. KEF-IAD. Check in was fast and smooth with no problems, SAGA class lounge was excellent, food and drinks were both fine. Flight was comfortable and crew were nice. I enjoyed flying Icelandair and I will sure do that again in the near future.

Icelandair Customer review :  24 June 2013 by P Lynch    (USA)

Denver to Stockholm via Reykjavik and Paris-Reykjavik-Denver on return. Be wary about the 1 hour layovers that are offered on many of the flights between the US and Europe. On our return trip, the first leg from Paris to Reykjavik was delayed an hour. Given that we only had a one hour layover in Reykjavik, any delay was worrisome, at CDG airport we were given very little information. Turns out they held the planes in Reykjavik for us. From what I could see, this was not an isolated incident. "Economy Comfort" class is a strange limbo in between their economy seating and the highest end Saga Class. We flew Saga on the way and Economy Comfort on the way back so experienced both. Saga was fairly nice, with only 5 rows of large, 2 abreast seats. More like a business class than a normal first class, the seats don't recline all the way and have seen better days. But it was comfortable and the service excellent (although food was mediocre). Economy Comfort is just a few rows directly behind Saga Class, meaning that there's not a single seat in this section that isn't exposed to the front of the plane lavatory that serves the economy class. I was in row 6, with exactly the same seats as the Saga Class and with no separation between the rows, but with a curtain over the tops of the seats in front of me. The lavatory is right on the middle of all of these seats and it's where people loiter about waiting for their turn, the slam of the door was consistent. So you get either a bigger seat in one of the rows or no middle passenger in the others and free drinks and the same food they serve in economy but you don't have to pay for it. I wouldn't pay extra for economy comfort unless you're willing to pay a lot more to sit near the front near the bathroom. Unless I was flying either regular economy or Saga Class at a really great price, and most importantly, with a reasonable layover time in Reykjavik, I don't think I would fly Icelandair again.

Icelandair Customer review :  20 June 2013 by A Philippus    (USA)

Just returned from a trip to Amsterdam via Iceland. No complaints about the on-board service. Pillows and blankets waiting on every seat on the long leg (from Denver to Iceland). Bottled water to pick up on entry into plane and usual drinks served during flight. Luckily I read a review that mentioned you have to purchase food in economy seating, so I brought my own. They should mention that more prominently when you book your flight. Also did not know about option to stay over in Iceland for a few days, supposedly at no extra ticket cost, but I didn't see this offer when I was booking. My only complaint was how little leg room there is on the Boeing 757-200, which is the long leg of the flight. The shorter leg (Iceland to Amsterdam) had the normal amount of leg room; it was a Boeing 757-300. You could always ask for more beverages, as much as you like. It is easier to get their attention if you go to the pantry, as they are not always walking up and down the aisles.

Icelandair Customer review :  4 June 2013 by J Tydeman    (UK)

Flew from Heathrow to Reykjavik and back. A bit disappointed. Had to check in each of us online separately as the system would not do it together even though we had one booking reference. On board, bad legroom and food had to be paid for (like a low cost carrier). No tea available and only one glass of water. They were more concerned with trying to flog duty free than bringing more water round. The parched passenger next to me and I had to specially request one more glass. Crew polite but not friendly on way out but a bit friendlier on the way back. Would recommend but only as better than low cost airlines (just) which also ply this route.

Icelandair Customer review :  4 June 2013 by Ilka Marsh    (USA)

Returned from our flight to Berlin, Germany, and back. 2 stopovers each way - in Iceland and in Copenhagen. We paid for Saga class, but it really doesn't compare to other airlines' business class. Did not find the seats particularly comfortable for trying to sleep, the movies were a bit dated, and most of the cabin staff were okay, but not particularly helpful. On the long flight out of Denver, both my husband's and my entertainment centres did not work properly, nor did the outlet for plugging in the computer. No attempts were made to rectify that situation. Boarding was fairly haphazard with no preferred boarding for business class passengers on 5 of our 6 flights. On our return flight, we could not even access seating area outside of the gate until an attendant showed up to check passports and board passes, everybody stood around in the hallway. Again, no preferred line for business class. Several times, we had to get on or off the plane on the tarmac and either walked to the terminal or were bussed. It was pretty cold, rainy, and windy, so that was quite miserable. Lounges were decent - SAS in Copenhagen, and Icelandair in Reykjavik. No lounge in Berlin. Food on the flight was good, excellent food at the Icelandair lounge. On our outbound trip, there was a significant delay in leaving Denver due to a thunderstorm. They held the connecting plane in Iceland so were able to make our connection. Our luggage made it fine. Unfortunately, on the return trip which had no delays, 2 pieces of our luggage did not leave Iceland with us. So much for having the business class luggage labelled "priority".

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Icelandair Reviews Icelandair Passenger Opinions about Icelandair product Icelandair service standards