Icelandair Passenger Reviews and Icelandair Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Icelandair customer review :  16 September 2010 by C Haye   (Netherlands)

Dreadful experience. flight Amsterdam to New York and back with 2 kids. Service was non- existent, cabin crew rude. Airport in Iceland worst ever, particularly the people working there. What is wrong with this place, are they aware we are in the 21st century?

Icelandair customer review :  31 August 2010 by S Parry   (UAE)

The worst aspect about Icelandair is the check in area in KEF. I queued for 90 mins before I reached the two ladies serving all the flights leaving at 0700-0800. Amusingly the number of agents decreased the closer I got to the front of the queue. I finally saw an agent 25 mins before departure time. Then you need to run and run to reach the flight. The best thing that happened was my luggage made it to LHR. The crew onboard were rarely friendly and needed to collect money for the food and drinks. IFE was good, take your own headset. Take your own food so you are not tempted to buy anything. I was impressed to see that they moved pax with infants to give them an extra seat for the baby.

Icelandair customer review :  27 August 2010 by C Recalcati   (Italy)

KEF-MXP. Aircraft clean with standard legroom 32". Flight ok, but without any word from cockpit. IFE acceptable, free light drinks but no food - for a flight of 4 hours is a bit out of common even because we paid 540 Euro. Some crew very polite, others very rude. We arrived at check in 90 mins before the time of departure : only four and in some moments three counters for a flight of 200 persons. We had no time to drink a coffee due to the queue at check in! Who voted Keflavik the best airport for 2009 as they published?

Icelandair customer review :  20 August 2010 by Nadia Simpson   (UK)

LHR to Toronto Pearson. My husband and children are British Citizens and I hold Egyptian Nationality but have permanent residency in the UK. Check in was fine and the lounge was adequate though inferior to others at Heathrow. Transiting in Keflavik we went to get our boarding passes to be told that I could not go through to the transit lounge, as I did not have a schengen visa. This information is not on any Icelandair website and contravenes EU regulations by prohibiting my travel through Europe with my EU spouse. After repeating that I had no intention of exiting into Iceland and only intended to transit through, I was then escorted to the desk to be given my boarding pass and then denied access to the lounge with my family. We stayed together and were very glad to leave such a rude and condescending place. We had non refundable tickets but gladly binned them so as not to be treated like that again. They really need to learn about nationality requirements before putting people through that kind of stress.

Icelandair customer review :  16 August 2010 by J Andrea   (USA)

We enjoyed our flight on Icelandair. Six of us traveling to Norway through London from Minneapolis had an enjoyable flight - food was different but that is all part of the travel experience. The shorter flight segments and ability to select flight days and times at the website by cost was easy and appreciated. The attendants were nice but not the most friendly. We had no problems getting our luggage to go all the way to Norway even with the change of carriers in London.

Icelandair customer review :  9 August 2010 by Michal Glowacki   (Norway)

OSL-KEF-BOS return in economy. All legs on B757 and more or less on time. Planes were ok, but seats somewhat uncomfortable. Only non-alcoholic drinks are complimentary, the rest has to be paid for. Never tried any of the food as we brought our own. On-demand IFE but limited choice and not updated monthly. The cabin crew seemed to either be very friendly or very surly. I wouldn't say Icelandair is good value for money, but they provide the quickest service between Northern Europe and North America.

Icelandair customer review :  7 August 2010 by Rajan Parrikar   (USA)

SEA-KEF at the beginning of June and KEF-LHR on B757. Both flights were on time. Cabins were spotless and service friendly. It was a pleasant experience.

Icelandair customer review :  5 August 2010 by P McClung   (USA)

LHR-JFK business Class with stop in Iceland. Checkin no waiting and Servisair Lounge in Terminal 1 comfortable. Seating is equivalent to domestic US first class or Premium Economy. IFE adequate, but only about 9 movies to choose from and most were not current. Power socket at each seat. Food and wine for very good, and I enjoyed the unusual selection of fresh sushi on the 2nd leg to JFK. Service friendly, but not fawning. Best part of the flight was seeing our bags come off first with the Saga tags in place, all ready for Customs. Lounge in Iceland was excellent, but didn't have much time due to having to go through immigration just for the transfer). Price was nearly half what Air France and British were charging for Premium Economy.

Icelandair customer review :  1 August 2010 by A Iregbu   (USA)

New York to London via Reykjavik roundtrip (stopping in Reykjavik for 3 days on the way there). Friendly staff fluent. Very competitive prices as the same flight on a US airline was $400 more - without a stop in Iceland. Cannot complain about paying for food on flights as the flight was cheap, but it did look better than most airline food I've seen. Would definitely recommend flying transatlantic with them and stopping in Iceland.

Icelandair customer review :  27 July 2010 by P Smith   (Canada)

ARN-KEF-YYZ Saga class. Stockholm to Reyjavik leg very basic with little IFE and semi- attentive staff despite the fact the business class section was almost empty. Reykjavik- Toronto leg was better with a better plane (newer interior), better staff and food. Stopover in Reykjavik was easy - it is a good small airport and a better option than Heathrow or Frankfurt for transfers. Icelandair is charming and good value for the money but is inferior to larger European carriers on transatlantic routes.

Icelandair customer review :  26 July 2010 by L van Essen   (Netherlands)

Amsterdam-Boston return. The airline is okay, seating is good. Soft drinks free, meals and food are charged at extra costs onboard, but we took sandwiches with us. There is one important thing; when surfing on the internet, looking and comparing, prices on the Icelandair website rose each time with about 25 to 100 Euros when coming back to the site. In the end prices had risen by about 500 Euros. Then we made the final booking on a friends laptop and the initial low prices came back again, which means that they recognize the computer you work on and adapt, in this case increase prices each time you come back. So when comparing and searching, work on computers with different internet addresses!

Icelandair customer review :  13 July 2010 by C Bibler   (USA)

Would advise that you never fly Icelandair out of Minneapolis on a Friday or Saturday (Sundays probably not good either). They don't have staff on site on these days, so if you should miss your plane (as we did, due to weather) there is no one who can rebook it for you. They have flights operating, but use staff from another airline (Sun Country) to run them. These non- Icelandair staff are not authorized to rebook flights. We could find no one capable of rebooking us on the next flight - called the Icelandair 800 number etc, as well as Orbitz, who initially booked our flight - no one could help us because they weren't authorized to rebook. Only Icelandair in Minneapolis could do that, and they're not around on weekends.

Icelandair customer review :  22 June 2010 by L Gibson   (USA)

Flight cancelled resulting in a 26 hour delay on May 31. This was not volcano related. I never did get a clear answer on why the flight was delayed. All questions were stonewalled and we were treated like they were doing us a favor by getting us to our destination at all. I am still waiting an email response from their customer service because they have stopped taking calls.

Icelandair customer review :  18 June 2010 by Diane Sawyer   (USA)

We have just returned from a trip to London via Icelandair. The price could not be beaten, booking was a breeze. There are luggage restrictions, but unlike American Airlines where passengers have a tendency to bring huge bags on board (which take forever to stow) and there is no room left, don't look to the surly cabin crew for help. Our seats were comfortable. The cabin staff are to be commended for their professionalism. Food is not included, we did try the sushi and it was better than most, Tandoori Chicken was pretty bad.

Icelandair customer review :  15 June 2010 by M Laine   (Finland)

Just finished a roundtrip Helsinki to Toronto via Reykjavik on Icelandair. The fare was booked in February and very competitive at 500EUR. Reykjavik airport is very convenient for transfer and for someone who does not enjoy long flights it was wonderful to only have a 5-hour transatlantic sector. Cabin crew very senior and just polite, not friendly at all. The worst part is the buy-on-board menu which really should include more choice in warm meals. A tasteless vegetarian wrap just is not sufficient. Best to bring own snacks. For the fare paid, Icelandair got me there safely and almost on schedule. Still wish they'd make passengers feel more welcome with a few smiles thrown in.

Icelandair customer review :  13 June 2010 by Thomas Gallagher   (USA)

The term "economy plus" is a misnomer. Economy minus would be a better description. First, the seats were the same as economy except the middle seat in a three-seat was left vacant. We had to share our tv screen as only one was provided on the seats assigned. My wife and I took turns being uncomfortable in the seat that had our knees up against the protruding exit door. As poor and uncomfortable was the seating, it was not as bad as the poor guy in front of us whose seat did not recline at all. In addition, he and the other passenger had no middle seat between them. As much as we would like to visit Iceland for a longer period next year, I'm afraid Icelandair is out of the question. The cabin crew needs to spend less time catching up on the latest news they have to share and pay more attention to those that maintain their employment. The is the first negative review I have written over the past few years in my travels. I generally write very positive things or choose not to write anything. This experience compelled me to make this exception.

Icelandair customer review :  29 May 2010 by R Lenderink   (Netherlands)

I found Icelandair service absolutely inadequate. I have never had to pay for food on an intercontinental flight. Icelandair does not have a contract with other airlines, therefor they will not transfer luggage from other airlines. So you have to go to baggage claim and pick up your luggage and recheck in with Icelandair. I could live with all of the above if the pricing was so much cheaper than other airlines. But that too is a major disappointment.

Icelandair customer review :  21 April 2010 by Max Davidson   (Canada)

SEA-KEF-LHR. Check-in & boarding at SEA was good. Very impressed with onboard service and found it interesting that very few pax actually opted to take advantage of the on-board meal purchase which enforces my belief that most pax only eat airline meals because they feel they have paid for it so they should eat whatever is offered. Found the customs / immigration at KEF to be friendly and welcoming which was not the case with the security people at KEF who were anything but friendly and welcoming and quite aggressive with pax. Departure of flight from KEF was on-time as was arrival at LHR with luggage waiting on the carousel. LHR-KEF-SEA check-in and boarding and well organized with friendly staff who went out of their way to solve problems with my seating assignment. Overall impression of Icelandair was very good - they will get more of my business if they continue to offer great fares. Highly recommend Icelandair for anyone looking for good value and those who like me who find the nonstop flights from the west coast of Canada/USA too long and like the thought of having a break after seven hours of flying.

Earlier comments for Icelandair have been archived (ie. prior to the date of last comment above).

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Icelandair Reviews Icelandair Passenger Opinions about Icelandair product Icelandair service standards