Icelandair Passenger Reviews and Icelandair Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Icelandair customer review :  10 July 2012 by D Jensen    (Germany)

Nice trip from Keflavik back home to Frankfurt. The flight was on time, ground and flight attendant were friendly and helpful, the cabin was nice, clean and roomy enough for that route and everything was very uncomplicated and professionally done. Drinks were free, headphones were not and food was average but quite expensive, but that's not what really makes up the quality of an airline. A nice experience for a good price. Would book them again without a doubt.

Icelandair customer review :  3 July 2012 by Nancy Kleinrock    (USA)

I made a reservation in Oct of 2011 for a trip I was taking in June 2012. I got an email that said if your ticket was booked prior to April 2012 and you were flying Coach your baggage requirements had changed since they had added a new class called Comfort Coach. Those new customers who were going to pay more for the privilege could take on 2 carry ons not to exceed 20 lbs. each while the old coach customers, me, could only carry on 13 pounds. I had to get another valise that complied with this new ruling cutting down considerably on what I could pack. When I tried to upgrade so I could take more luggage I was told expedia had to do it. When I called, they said no they couldn't do it, try Icelandair. I arrived at the gate, boarding passes having been printed, there was no provision of separating luggage weights so all my travail was for nothing. I could have taken an elephant on board if it could fit in the overhead. The only thing complimentary on the plane was water. The flight attendants were professional, but on the second leg of the trip they didn't even pass out a water bottle. I think I would rather cut my trip one day shorter and take Air France where they still treat you like a human being on a transatlantic trip. Expect to be fitted into a sardine can then you will have no surprises, but a meal and a drink still goes a long way to making things a little more pleasurable. The airport in Iceland is another trip altogether. About 25 seats for a 125 people. Nothing was open when we arrived so it wasn't like you could buy a fresh sandwich or drink. Very unwelcoming. I was am not a satisfied customer and wont be coming back.

Icelandair customer review :  29 June 2012 by N Zinberg    (USA)

JFK-KEF-CDG return. Have flown Icelandair several times taking advantage of stopover in Iceland. This trip took flight that arrived in Iceland at midnight to witness midnight sun. Well worth it. No problems with any flight. Always on time, comfortable and entertainment system excellent. Staff very efficient and welcoming. Only negative is limited food menu and from that, not everything available. This for sure is an airline and not a restaurant. One must go through customs between flights at KEF and the airport signs and directions are confusing. Seating is inadequate there also. That is not reflective of the airline itself.

Icelandair customer review :  22 June 2012 by B Vancurova    (UK)

LHR-KEF and back. This was the first time we flew Icelandair and we were very happy. Seats are comfortable, soft drinks are free and food can be purchased. Crew friendly and helpful, toilets clean. All flights on time.

Icelandair customer review :  30 May 2012 by A Berry    (USA)

Round trip JFK-KEF-AMS in Business Class. Seats were wider, meals were wonderful, service was great and the onboard entertainment was excellent. Yes, it is like domestic business class but the extended pitch of the seats, compared to coach, made it easy for sleeping. The trip went very fast compared to what it would have been like in coach on any airline. Economy Plus is located behind Business Class and it seems to be dark back there because it is by the exit doors and Coach Galley. If you aren't used to or can't afford Business Class on the major airlines, this is a nice alternative and I would recommend it. Check-in is easy and the personnel are helpful. The use of the lounges in airports during a layover was a wonderful perk, very relaxing and greatly appreciated.

Icelandair customer review :  22 May 2012 by T Vu    (USA)

We flew from IAD-Reykjavik-Paris. FAs were polite and efficient - especially to our children. The flights were on time and most importantly, this airline did not change the itinerary on us. The seats in economy were adequate and the movies selection extensive. We would fly with Icelandair again.

Icelandair customer review :  21 May 2012 by Mark Sperry    (USA)

MSP-TOR-KEF-CDG. Planes are clean, huge choice for entertainment. Food choices are very good. Air Canada somehow messed up our luggage transfer in Toronto, however Icelandair had it the next day.

Icelandair customer review :  9 May 2012 by Mark Ackery    (USA)

IAD-KEF Saga class. Check-in fast and easy. Icelandair now use the Air France lounge at Dulles. Crew great and food outstanding with many choices. Flight smooth and fast, flight attendants friendly and very attentive. Read some negative things about Icelandair and never had a problem in all my 14 flights with them. My only gripe is that they do not post a check in time for passengers at IAD.

Icelandair customer review :  9 May 2012 by Derek Salter    (South Africa)

Paris to New York via Keflavik - 7 May. Great service onboard, flights on time, seats comfortable, staff friendly and helpful. Check-in at Paris was confusing. Huge queue had developed before staff arrived to open the counters. Check-in staff were helpful - I had tried to check-in online but not allowed and no one could give a reason. Easy transfer at Keflavik but airport waiting areas inadequate for the number of passengers waiting - many having to sit on floor. But this an airport criticism not one of Icelandair which is often a convenient and inexpensive way to travel from Europe to the USA if you do not mind changing planes.

Icelandair customer review :  17 March 2012 by K Zamuz    (USA)

Our flight started at Seattle airport, we were greeted by very pleasant people at the desk. We had a problem at security with one item in our carry on baggage, we went to the Icelandair counter and they quickly checked our item through for free. Flight attendants were friendly and very helpful. We quickly connected with our next Icelandair flight to Stockholm and again a very pleasant trip. All in all it was one of the best flights we have had to Europe.

Icelandair customer review :  28 February 2012 by E Seabrook    (UK)

Outbound flight OK except for entertainment monitor not working. On the return flight the cabin crew allowed two men to board the plane, swigging beer from open beer bottles, and proceeded to chat to them whilst they seated them in the emergency exit row. The cabin crew also made no attempt to stop one of the beer-drinkers from using his mobile phone during the flight. This lax approach to safety by the cabin crew is greatly concerning.

Icelandair customer review :  16 February 2012 by J Punnamkuzhy    (UK)

LHR-KEF-LHR. Nice check in staff and the cabin crew kind, courteous and very helpful. Flight out delayed 30 mins. Seats were quite comfortable and leg room adequate. Inflight entertainment was good. Prices for food onboard are quite high. Inbound flight was ok, check-in at Keflavik quick and the flight boarded quickly. It was on an older aircraft and my inflight usb charger port was not working. Other than that it was a pleasant flight and service from the cabin crew pleasant as well. The ticket prices are a little on the higher end of the spectrum considering food isn't included with the ticket.

Icelandair customer review :  18 January 2012 by Philip Hartfield    (USA)

SEA-KEF-LHR. Flew from SEA to LHR on Dec 24th, Premium Economy was very good, leg room, IFE and food was nice, clean aeroplane both directions. On return trip there was a delay in London due to bad weather over the UK and outbound flight to KEF was delayed. Icelandair ground staff in London were professional and helpful. Upon arrival in KEF ground staff again very helpful and sorted out a hotel and taxi in KEF. Flew back to SEA next day in Saga class, again service was very good and I will certainly fly Icelandair again.

Icelandair customer review :  11 January 2012 by J Lawley    (UAE)

BOS-KEF-LHR Jan 2012. I was booked in Premium Economy and figured this would be a regular Economy seat with a blocked middle seat, but it turned out to be a regular Business Class seat on both legs (2+2 on 757-200). Personal space was very good (akin to domestic First in the US), good recline and a good IFE system. IFE was touch-screen with a good selection of On-Demand movies and audio channels. The Premium Economy service was different to Business Class service - even though we were in the same cabin with the same seats. Premium Economy meals were sandwiches and salads - Business Class looked like a more substantial meal tray with glassware. Premium Economy could use the Business Class lounge at both Boston and Keflavik. A very pleasant trip.

Icelandair customer review :  9 January 2012 by N McAlpine    (Australia)

LHR-KEF and KEF-FRA (economy). Flew two 757-200WL, and was impressed! Check-in was fast in both London and Keflavik and Icelandair ground personnel there to offer assistance. Both flights were packed however we managed to board on time and arrived in both KEF and FRA ahead of schedule. For a semi low-cost airline, I was impressed as all passengers were able to use the on demand inflight entertainment free of charge. In economy we were offered a free drink, however food had to be paid for which in my opinion was overpriced. Facilities in the refurbished Keflavik airport were excellent.

Icelandair customer review :  4 January 2012 by J Smith    (UK)

MAN-KEF-MAN outbound flight was reasonable and luckily I was able to change my seats when I checked in online as we had not been allocated seats together. Inbound flight was delayed 11 hours. We were sent an email with details of a 9.5 hour delay in advance, but when we arrived at KEF the delay was even longer totalling 11 hours. Explanation was delayed plane incoming to KEF. Very inconvenient having work commitments to get back to.

Icelandair customer review :  4 January 2012 by J Tseng    (UK)

LHR to KEF return in December 2011. The boarding process was poorly managed. The flight attendants were friendly, but because food was paid for in economy, it made the process so slow. Near the end of the flight, there was a mad rush for the toilets. The flight back to London was a little better. It was late, but I really am not sure why, everything else was ready, but as we being seated, I saw the plane being loaded with baggage. This is a bit silly as it is proof of poor organisation skills. I would fly Icelandair again and since it is a short 3 hour flight, economy is fine.

Icelandair customer review :  20 December 2011 by Kevin Tunnicliffe    (UK)

Man to Keflavik December 2011. First time with this airline and I was impressed with the quality of service and the good legroom in economy. Soft Drinks and beverages were free of charge however alcohol and any food had to be paid for. Headphones were also for sale but I used my own and watched a couple of movies from a reasonable selection available. When forced to wait on the tarmac at Manchester for de-icing for 3.5 hours, the cabin crew made sure water, soft drinks and beer were available free of charge on demand. Toilets were opened and the cabin crew were great. I would certainly fly them again for short haul at least.

Icelandair customer review :  22 November 2011 by E Rossi    (Italy)

We took flights from/to London Heathrow. The flight was good, the seats quite comfortable with enough space for the legs. The service onboard was poor, but we didn't expect much for a night flight. Some TV monitors didn't work at all. The landing was terrible but it was due to horrible weather conditions. Not that bad and probably the best way to travel to Iceland.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Icelandair Reviews Icelandair Passenger Opinions about Icelandair product Icelandair service standards