Hawaiian Airlines Passenger Reviews and Hawaiian Airlines Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  9 January 2013 by Christopher Walker    (Australia)

My wife and I flew BNE-HNL-BNE, 767 just prior to Christmas and returned early January 2013. Flights were on time and staff efficient and helpful. The service side is a let down, they say we are a full service airline but there is no choice with meals and very limited drinks service. The seats are reasonable for someone my size 6ft 2, but I would like better entertainment than a digiplayer. If we were planning on returning to Honolulu, I would think about upgrading to business.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  8 January 2013 by K Bernardine    (Australia)

SYD-HNL-OGG-HNL-SYD in December 2012. A330-200 between Sydney and Honolulu and B717 between Honolulu and Maui. All flights on time. On A330, I would advise taking the $75 upgrade to a bulkhead seat - particularly row 11 as its right behind Business class and in a mini cabin of only 3 rows. If travelling overnight, I'd pay for economy and upgrade on check-in online to Business if available. Best thing about the flights was the excellent service and the prompt appearance of baggage at the carousel. Food was good, drinks plentiful. Pay TV option was a bit much but we read. I joined their FF program before I booked - for only $120 it was worth it! Business check-in, express pass through customs, lounge access, it's kind of like the Qantas Club. You also get priority boarding which was very useful. Hawaiian's aircraft on the Sydney to Honolulu route are all brand new A330s.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  8 January 2013 by J Bier    (USA)

OAK-OGG-KOA, KOA-OGG-SJC. This was my first experience on Hawaiian and it may very well be my last. On the Maui-San Jose flight, Hawaiian screened a movie featuring graphic violence, on the big screen in front of a crowd that included numerous young children. Hawaiian cancelled our flight, rebooked us with a ridiculous routing involving two plane changes, and neglected to inform us. I only discovered this when I went on-line to check the flight time. In the process of shifting our itinerary, Hawaiian messed up the seat assignments and split up our family. Correcting these mistakes cost me considerable time.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  8 January 2013 by R Lubbers    (USA)

Easily the most uncomfortable flight I have taken in the last 40 years. Seat pitch is so tight I was just barely able to hold the inflight magazine between my chest and the seatback in front of me, and I am not oversized. Fortunately they are usually on time, the crews are pleasant enough, and bags are delivered quickly. Would never fly this carrier again if there were another way to get from HNL to the other islands. Their seating brings new meaning to the phrase cattle car.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  23 December 2012 by H Mutschler    (Germany)

Flight from Seattle to Honolulu in an old Boeing 767, which was 26 years old. Crew was nice but service was normal. Seats were broken and legroom was ok, lavatories showed their age and had a bad smell. Free food service, that is not normal on us-carriers. Food was enough and the quality was fair. Took some time in Honolulu, until we reached the gate, almost 20 minutes after landing.

Flight from Honolulu to Maui and return. Flight was on an B717 which is a nice plane. Crew was very friendly and had a smile. Seating was better than on older 767. Juice was served shortly after take-off. They offered maps with sights of Maui for free. Baggage was soon on belt. Good job for a short flight like this.

Airbus 330 flight from Honolulu to Las Vegas. Aircraft had new AVOD but they charge for movies. Free dinner was served, with rice, beef and veggies. Crew came around with water and juice during flight. Flight on time and seating in the new aircraft is very good. Check in kiosk did not work, so we had to do it with staff together.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  19 December 2012 by Jonathan Reed    (USA)

Wife and I flew from Las Vegas to Kona, Hawaii, connecting both ways in Honolulu. The LAS-HON leg is on an Airbus with 2+4+2 seating in economy so my wife and I can sit together. Hawaiian doesn't jam the seats in economy together as much as some airlines. And for an extra $35 per passenger each way you can get a bulkhead or exit row seat with tons of legroom, but to get this you have to do online check-in pretty darn close to 24 hours before your flight. You can actually call the airline and talk to a customer representative without waiting more than a few minutes. If you fly in the evening you get a free tasty, although small real hot meal with veggies and meat, salad and dessert. (The breakfast service is also free but not as nice as the dinner.) Also, when I asked about wine, the steward mentioned the half bottle (375 ml) of red as having pleased other passengers so my wife and I bought it for $16 and it was a nice pinot noir.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  23 November 2012 by Dawne Knobbe    (USA)

Arrived at Kona airport with Hawaiian taking us to connect on Oahu with united to California. Had first class tickets upgraded with United points. They tried to charge us for all our bags even though our ticket clearly stated our luggage was free. We asked for a supervisor who still refused to do anything. Finally agree but had delayed us so long we missed our flight. To add insult to injury, they stuck us in economy on the next flight. Interesting to see they do not honor United premier or upgrades. Pretty unhappy with desk service!

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  26 October 2012 by SE Potts    (Netherlands)

LAX-HNL, HNL-SFO in A330s. The planes were new and clean. Soft drinks and tea/coffee are free. You also get a free meal (poor to fair quality) with a free wine to accompany it. They nickel and dime you for everything else (baggage, IFE (films etc.), preferred seating). Cabin crew was efficient but not overly friendly on the outbound flight and, on the return flight, one member was downright surly. He didn't even look at us when handing us drinks and ignored us when we asked questions. Also took inter-island flights HNL-ITO return in B717s. Good for short flights and you get a free juice or coffee. In summary, Hawaiian are good for inter-island, but avoid them for long-haul flights.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  26 October 2012 by S Potts    (Netherlands)

HNL-SFO in A330. The planes were new and clean. Soft drinks and tea/coffee are free. You also get a free meal (poor to fair quality) with a free wine to accompany it. They nickel and dime you for everything else (baggage, IFE (films etc.), preferred seating). Cabin crew was efficient but not overly friendly the outbound flight and, on the return flight, one member was downright surly. He didn't even look at us when handing us drinks and ignored us when we asked questions. So much for the aloha. Other airlines are on these routes so save yourself the extra few dollars, as the only extra thing you get is essentially a mediocre meal. Also took inter-island flights HNL-ITO return in B717s. Good for short flights and you get a juice or coffee. In summary, Hawaiian are good for inter-island, but avoid them for long-haul flights.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  12 October 2012 by J McKay    (Australia)

I hate overnight flights so I booked Business class for the Sydney Hawaii leg in the hope that the extra $1000 would provide a decent night's sleep. Wrong! While the seats do have a footrest and recline more than in economy, there was little similarity between Hawaiian and other carriers business class seats Even the pillows were the small and inadequate and the amenities provided were very basic - no cute bag to keep as a souvenir. The cabin crew were excellent and the food served much better than economy but again there is no comparison between it and say the food served in Qantas premium economy. Our flight back to Sydney was back in economy and I was very happy with the experience though the "Hawaiian high tea" served towards the end of the flight was just a roll and a biscuit. Flights on all the sectors I flew were on time and had very professional and helpful cabin crew.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  25 September 2012 by William Coenik   (Australia)

Flew Honolulu to Sydney in Economy. Got exit row seats row 33 with bulkhead in front. Plenty of leg room and no one in front putting their seat back. The only problem was that other people feel it is a through traffic area and use it to cross from one side of the plane to the other. I paid the $75 to have that space for me. I ended up no moving my legs and annoyed some people by doing so. The other thing is the flight attendant was going to move another passenger into the empty seat between myself and a travel friend as the other person was unhappy with her normal economy seat. I complained and reminded her that we had paid $75 for these seats and why should she get a free seat. There were empty rows of seats at the back of the plane that she could have moved her to. I got my way and she was not moved to the exit row seats. Food was good, digeplayer was poor. Staff overall were ok. Did not show to much of an effect to make the trip enjoyable. But would fly with them again.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9