Hawaiian Airlines Passenger Reviews and Hawaiian Airlines Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  22 July 2013 by Peter Pomeranze    (USA)

Honolulu-Seattle-Maui, First Class. Although somehow skimpier than it was in past years the experience was generally very good. Smiling, truly friendly attendants, comfortable (767) seating and decent food are the mainstay of Hawaiians First Class mainland service and they delivered. The aircraft is old but very comfortable. Digi players are annoying and clumsy to use but provide a fair amount of entertainment on this particular route. Somehow the meals seemed a little less robust than before but were tasty. All in all at the head of the pack certainly for travel to and from Hawaii and perhaps domestically altogether.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  19 July 2013 by H Wayne    (Australia)

SYD-HNL return. Sydney to Honolulu - Check in staff very efficient. Friends travelling to Honolulu night before and went to service desk to ask about window seats. The man at the desk said that we were currently sitting in the middle of the aircraft and he would try to get us window seats as the flight was full. Arrived at the airport next day to check in and was assigned window seats. Cabin crew were very friendly. All of them smiling. Cabin very clean and comfortable. New A330 aircraft. Pillow and blanket provided. Food was good. Very good portion sizes. Cabin crew regularly came through the cabin offering water to passengers. Other drinks were available from the galley upon request. Range of TV's and movies available to watch. Over movies were available for a fee. Smooth flight. Honolulu to Sydney - Printed out boarding pass previous day and had chosen seats then. This time in the middle of the aircraft. Used self serve kiosks to weigh and print out bag tags. Also printed out new boarding passes. Very efficient process. Again a friendly crew. Meal service was good again. This time sitting in the middle of the aircraft there seemed to be more legroom. Cabin crew kept offering water during the flight. The Pau Hana Snack bar was open during the flight. Staff very friendly and efficient. However 1 cabin crew member did not seem as if she wanted to be there. All other cabin crew were great.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  24 June 2013 by Michel Perrin    (Brazil)

Honolulu-Kona-Honolulu. B717. A real shame. Hawaiian is taking profit of its monopoly. Our United Airlines flight from Tokyo arrived much earlier, and therefore we decided to travel immediately to Kona on already booked tickets. A bad humored attendant decided that we should pay US$50, and not US$30 each. We had also to pay for checked-in luggage (US$17) each. As one was 2 pounds over the permission, I had to transfer clothes to the hand luggage. Ridiculous. Plus: flight was 90% empty + service was a warn cup of coffee, with a soup taste. Note that our return flight was delayed 1hour and a half, with no apologizes whatsoever, even not from Captain.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  20 June 2013 by Amy Massoud    (USA)

My friend and I both took our 9 month old sons to Hawaii. Staff on flight were not helpful at all. We asked if they would wash our bottles for us being our hands are tied with the babies and they pointed to the restrooms. Asked for help with our carry on, we were actually turned away. Both going and back the flight and staff were not accommodating to us, fellow passengers were more of a help.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  12 June 2013 by Brett Kero    (Australia)

Hilo to Sydney via Honolulu, 10th June. Hilo check in was quick, bags booked all the way to Sydney. I still get the lounge due to gold status. Hilo to Honolulu, seat 7b, 8.50am, flight left on time, pleasant crew. At Honolulu lounge access again, basic, wifi, coffee soft drinks. No food or snacks available and lounge is a long walk from international gates. Honolulu to Sydney, business, HA451, seat 1H. Boarding procedures were business and wheelchairs first as it should be then children and pualani gold and platinum. Plane left on time, clean and new airbus, welcoming crew. After take off spicy crab sushi with pickled ginger and cocktails 45 minutes after take off. Dinner was salmon in rice paper Himalayan rice with macadamia nut pesto and salad - very impressed. Desert was Ice cream truffle strawberry sorbet. Cocktails constant and staff attentive. Before arrival a Hawaiian style high tea was served. Arrival as usual. Due to the airbus, only utilizes one door, business must walk back through economy to get off so not first off the plane but we are given priority customs forms to fast track forms through customs and immigration. Bags are tagged first class priority and come through very quick. My only complaint is Sydney airport customs, they give you an express path ticket when in business and first and that line was huge at Sydney. Overall a great flight and always recommend Hawaiian to all USA destinations.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  4 June 2013 by Brett Kero    (Australia)

Flight HA17 Las Vegas to Honolulu, 1 June 13, 1.55am red eye. Disappointed no Hawaiian lounge for members at Las Vegas airport, security was fast. Seat 14d bulkhead seat at $25 extra is worth it. Boarding was chaos, people had to fight to the front to get in as a Pualani gold member. At Las Vegas they do boarding differently, wheelchairs first, children, then first followed by platinum then gold. Once on board I had an annoying kid kicking my seat continually, parents not stopping it until I said something. After take off I settled into a nice sleep, lights all turned down for people to rest. Drinks were served and free soft drinks and coffee towards landing. Arrival in Honolulu was on time and deplaned 4.45am. Crew friendly and attentive, not much involvement as it was an over night flight.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  31 May 2013 by Nick Ledwell    (Australia)

Las Vegas - HNL on a 767-300. Staff on the flight were very good with plenty of genuine smiles and offers of assistance. Food and drink offerings were as expected as most options are at a cost. I paid for a digi player and it was ok to pass the time on this 6+ hr sector and found it ok but the selections were a bit limited and in most cases fairly out of date which was disappointing. The real downside was the fact that blankets are not offered and must be bought which would be ok but they hold a very small stock which sold quickly and the cabin was freezing. Fine for the staff who had jackets to wear but for a plane load of people leaving one hot destination for another this isn't good as most people were in shorts and t-shirts.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  31 May 2013 by Bret Kero    (Australia)

Hilo to HNL, 26 May 13, HA 311, Seats 6A. Check-in early and easy in Hilo, booked all the way to Vegas. Very basic lounge in Hilo for 1st class and premier club members. Flight on time, free juice or water available on 50 minute flight. HNL to Las Vegas, HA 8, Seat 29B. Take off on time, very packed flight. Cocktail hour started not long after take off and I was informed that Pualani Gold no longer get 2 free cocktails, a little disappointing for a 5 hour flight. Pillows and blankets were ok for Economy. Staff appeared to be nice, friendly and relaxed, they were always walking around to make sure everyone had what they wanted - no request went unanswered. Flight delayed 45 minutes dues to head winds.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  29 May 2013 by Bret Kero    (Australia)

SYD-HNL, HA 436, 20.00 flight, depart SYD on time, Seat 1B. USB power available. Check-in smooth, friendly and personal as you would expect for a Pualani Gold Member. Air New Zealand lounge for drinks and snacks, a little over crowded. In bound plane arrived on time. Boarding is always a push and shove in Sydney and they start with children which annoys me, Business or First should go first. After being seated champagne was nice but rushed. Only 9 people in business and 3 flight attendants so good service. After take off, hot towels and customs forms handed out. Tables set for cheese biscuits and cocktails served. Staff friendly and professional. Dinner served less than 1 hour into the flight. I had steak and pumpkin ravioli and it was very nice. Lights turned down and window shades closed. Bathroom nice laid out with amenities. Sleep as always is hard for me, the seats are not lie flat but are still comfortable leather recliners. Breakfast served an hour out of Honolulu. In Honolulu only had 1 hour 15 minutes to make it through customs and my next flight I made it through customs in 15 mins. Overall a great flight and what I have come to expect from Hawaiian business class.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  28 May 2013 by Peter Dolnik    (Germany)

KOA-OGG-LIH-HNL. We made 3 inter island flights with Hawaiian on our vacation (3 persons). Flights were almost on time. Staff helpful and friendly. Only a drink service (fruit juice) on the short flights (30min). Planes (B717) clean and with a special "Hawaiian fragrance" in the cabin. Good value for the money.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  21 May 2013 by Gregory Beaumont    (USA)

Arrive at Kennedy for a flight going from New York to Oahu. Only then do we find luggage is $25 a bag more. We were going to see my son in the Marines stationed at Oahu. I tried to see if I could get my veteran's discount and was declined. I later asked if active military would be able to get a discount. I was told they used to do it, but stopped. On our tickets it said lunch and supper. However, supper turned out just to be a snack (crackers and cheese). No complimentary movie even though the flight is 11 hours long. The straw that broke the camel's back was the return trip. My son wanted to see us off. As active military almost every airline will give him a gate pass to see us off. He showed his ID and security instructed us to get to the counter and get a pass for him. We had to wait in a rebagging line a half hour. When we finally got to the counter I stated that we needed to get a pass for him. The woman said, "Passes are only for the handicapped and seniors." At that point I flipped, she issued him a pass and told me the I have to understand this is for security reasons. Never again.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  20 May 2013 by Colin Pay    (UK)

HNL-OGG-KOA-HNL. Three separate legs during a vacation on B717.Very good service on these short trips, all on time.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  7 May 2013 by Sue Davis    (New Zealand)

My husband and I flew to Honolulu, stayed for 6 days then flew on to San Francisco. From being able to check-in online, choose or change our seats online, to the overall appearance of the plane, to the staff etc it was a great experience. I am vegetarian and they do not cater specifically for us so took some food on board. Our seats were good, not quite as much leg room as other airlines but sufficient. Baggage allowance was fantastic. Left and arrived on time. Coming back from SF to NZ was a different story. We had extra luggage so we did a manual check in, there were issues with the computer system as it was new. Staff were great. Boarded on time, then the Captain announced there were problems, after 2 hours on the tarmac we disembarked. Captain kept us well informed. Missed our connecting flights. Once again the staff were great. They re-booked all of us, gave us generous food vouchers, organised free trolleys for our luggage and had them waiting for us when we went to collect our luggage. A pretty good experience and we would recommend them.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  5 May 2013 by M Cannizzaro    (Australia)

Sydney to LA, LA to Las Vegas, Las Vegas to Hawaii and due to fly back to Sydney tomorrow. We have had nothing but problems. We have a 1 year old and do not expect special treatment however I do expect a level of service which should come with paying the fare. We have to pay $75 extra for a bulk head seat however for all 4 flights have been unable to do this due to a technical problem which they tell us has something to do with travelling with an infant however can't tell us how to overcome this. The majority of the hostesses are rude and not helpful at all. We received no information from them in regards to seatbelt safety etc when it came to our daughter and had to ask. The last thing as a parent you want to do is inconvenience other passengers however they make flying with a child horrific as once again, we are unable to book and pay for the bulk head seats through web check in. They had the cheek to tell us that the only way they could help us was for on our last day to catch a cab to the airport and check in that way. We told them it would cost us 130 dollars round trip and we couldn't with our one year old and they couldn't care less. They are a disgrace. I will never ever fly them again and if you are thinking of booking your holiday with them don't.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9