flyBe Customer Reviews and flyBe Passenger Trip Reports

flyBe Customer review :  25 October 2012 by Petri Hottola    (Finland)

Domestic routes in Finland: Reliably delayed every time. Cramped planes. No service on board. Understaffed. Very expensive (for example, Helsinki-Turku 35 min return is almost €400, marginally less than Helsinki - New York return). I do not fly with them unless somebody else pays and there is absolutely no other option. The collaboration with Finnair has created a monopoly on certain routes and opened a possibility for customer exploitation.

flyBe Customer review :  25 October 2012 by J Latcham    (UK)

Recently flew from Dublin to Southampton. Due to bad weather the flight was cancelled. With the best of humour and the least fuss we were booked on the next available flight and shuttled to a hotel. Even when we accidentally paid for new flights the customer service team rectified our own error straight away. I am delighted that the process wasn't made painful and that any problems were resolved straight away. Excellent customer care!

flyBe Customer review :  22 October 2012 by J Tydeman    (UK)

Flying from Southampton to Glasgow. Ticket not all that cheap and much more expensive than when they used to compete with BA on this route. Problems at both Glasgow and Southampton airports meant long delay. I asked if they would consider switching us to the earlier flight which was on time (or at least not that delayed) and was told that Flybe were not issuing and transfers (paid or otherwise) because they were 'too busy'. Thank you Flybe. As soon as a viable alternative becomes available I will switch my loyalty.

flyBe Customer review :  22 October 2012 by E Wood    (UK)

Edinburgh - Birmingham evening flight cancelled twice on last 2 bookings! The last two times I have booked the 18.35 Edinburgh to Birmingham flight it has been cancelled less than 2 weeks after booking and I have had to cancel meetings/book a hotel. My next flight is not until 10th December, so how do they know they're going to have to cancel it this early? I feel they're taking money under false pretences - selling the seats at a premium price then shunting the customers on to a cheaper and less convenient flight.

flyBe Customer review :  15 October 2012 by Cameron Smith    (Isle of Man)

Have used Flybe several times recently, from Isle of Man to London Gatwick. Flights on time and crew very. Just one observation though, the aircraft were dirty inside and out. I realise that these aircraft have quick turn around times, however at some point cleaning must be important. The windows on each of the flights taken were smeared with greasy head prints and hand prints!

flyBe customer review :  4 October 2012 by Clare Nunamaker    (UK)

Trip Rating : 0/10

After booking and paying for my transatlantic flight in full, a week later Flybe cancelled the last leg of my journey. Their solution? Come back a full day early or a full day late. This really, really did not work for me, and FlyBe offered no solution that would get me back anytime on the day I had booked. A 6-day visit to the USA has become a 5-day visit, simply because FlyBe decided to renege on the flight they listed and accepted full payment for. This is unbelievably poor business practice. I will never use FlyBe again as they have proven themselves to be untrustworthy in providing the services they sell.

flyBe customer review :  2 October 2012 by Neil Greenlees    (Northern Ireland)

Trip Rating : 10/10

BHD-MAN on Embraer 195, found cabin crew very pleasant and efficient. We travelled with hand baggage only, checked the dimensions before leaving home to ensure they did not exceed the measurements on the Flybe website. There was no problem and we were able to walk past the luggage carousels at both airports, saving valuable time.

flyBe customer review :  29 September 2012 by Richard Brown    (Malta)

Trip Rating : 10/10

LGW-GNY-LGW. Check-in and boarding area LGW all a little dull and tired, but on board the plane things were much better. Plenty of leg room, a charming stewardess and on time flights in both directions. Guernsey airport is easy, though departure lounge can get cramped at peak periods.

flyBe customer review :  25 September 2012 by G Elford    (Singapore)

Trip Rating : 0/10

Once again my experience with Flybe has been shocking! My flight from Southampton to Newcastle was cancelled half an hour before we boarded due to a technical fault again! The flight before me to Manchester was also cancelled due to a technical fault and after speaking with many irate customers it seems that this is a regular occurrence with Flybe. This being my second time I thought I would share my experience. After cancelling my flight we were told to collect our bags and proceed to the Flybe check-in desk, long queue, eventually offered two options - wait 5 hours until the next one to Newcastle, or go to Gatwick for a slightly shorter 4 hour wait. Upon complaining at the desk I was told by a very rude member of staff that "this happens with all other airlines, not just us, and we are not the worst". No manager on duty to help explain, no empathy or consideration for how I or anyone else felt. I then spent 2 hours on a coach to Gatwick only to make it with 10 minutes to spare, no one to meet us at the other end to help direct us or make sure we were given priority to make the flight. I had planned to only take hand luggage on the flight, and had purchased a bottle of spirits at Southampton. I was told this would have to be checked in with my hand luggage and was then cheerfully told "that will be 40 please"! Then I was directed to the customer service desk to request that they waive the charge - why could this not be done at the Check In desk? Again, a long queue with many other "happy" customers, eventually they waived the charge, had to go back and queue up again to check my bag in, then through security to just make the flight. Disgraceful customer service.

flyBe customer review :  21 September 2012 by N Freer    (UK)

Trip Rating : 3/10

I have gone from flying twice a month, and spending around 5000 per year, with Flybe to avoiding them like the plague. I just got fed up with the generally poor customer service and delayed or cancelled flights. Out of desperation I had to book with them this month. After booking I decided that I wanted to take two cases but only one way. The web site will only allow one to book both ways so I called in at my local airport of Southampton to book via them. This was possible but at a cost of 30 per case. After waiting 15 minutes to get through, with no apology, I was told that if I wanted to book in 2 cases they would have to be at the heaviest case rate, 40kgs, and that it would cost me 45. I only required the lightest weight of 15kgs. I will happily now travel to Gatwick where Easyjet provides an excellent and reliable service. Or better still to Bournemouth for Ryanair (yes you read this correctly) where their prices and punctuality are unsurpassed. At least they are honest about their disdain for their passengers.

flyBe customer review :  20 September 2012 by Mike Jacques    (UK)

Trip Rating : 8/10

Recent return trip Newcastle to Belfast City. Both flights of a high standard. Flight and Cabin crews as always putting passengers at ease despite some delay on the outward leg. Front-line staff of Flybe are second to none but seem to be let down by ground crews on so many occasions.

flyBe customer review :  19 September 2012 by J Moore    (Australia)

Trip Rating : 9/10

Flight from MCR to INV. The newish website much easier to navigate than when I did my first research at the beginning of this year and the 20kg baggage allowance and 10kg carry-on automatically included with economy price and seat selection on booking was faultless. BE202 18 Sep 12 - automated check-in simple and swift, baggage drop courteous and efficient. Boarding of Dash-8 timely and with genuinely friendly Scottish meet and greet at the top of the steps. The flight was only half full and passengers encouraged to spread out after cabin crew consultation with the captain. Tech crew kept us well informed and the 15 minute delay in push-back was result of late arrival of the tug and nearby movements on the ramp. Service was friendly without being pushy. Great flight and great crew - Fridays return to MCR will be the test. At this stage Flybe beats the A9 any time.

flyBe customer review :  19 September 2012 by Laura Middleton    (UK)

Trip Rating : 0/10

I'm using my time while waiting yet again in a UK airport for a Flybe flight, this time one that has been cancelled and I have instead been placed on a later plane. When travelling yesterday we were over an hour late leaving and then obviously arriving! In my whole experience of flying with Flybe, I can't remember a time when my flight hasn't been delayed or cancelled. The current cancellation is for a 'technical fault' and while I was standing in the queue to be placed on the later flight the Newcastle flight was also cancelled due to a technical fault with the plane. When questioned at the desk as to why their reliability was so poor the lady responded "we're not the worst". Terrible airline and I would do everything in my power to avoid flying with them if I could!

flyBe customer review :  19 September 2012 by R Opiekan    (Australia)

Trip Rating : 5/10

Cheap no frills economy flight from Southampton to Dublin with my 8 kg carry on overnight bag. (Carry on limit 10kg). Was informed at check in desk that my over the shoulder small handbag/purse counted as 2nd bag so had to put it in my overnight bag. Bussed out to plane on tarmac only to be told not able to board plane because of mechanical problem. When finally on board plane noticed that some passengers had over sized luggage that did not fit in overheads so luggage was fitted under pairs of seats so other passengers had no leg room. Dublin airport for return flight, passengers were called to boarding gate and then as flight time passed sign changed to show departing time 1 hour later than scheduled. Eventually when on plane pilot explained problem as mechanical. Small plane, 2 rows of narrow seats either side of aisle. Would only fly again if time wasn't a consideration.

flyBe customer review :  13 September 2012 by S Bond    (UK)

Trip Rating : 8/10

SOU-NCL-SOU as a day trip. Both flights left on time and return landed 15 mins early. Both only half full cabin crew efficient and friendly. Price reasonable.

flyBe customer review :  12 September 2012 by P Bea    (UK)

Trip Rating : 1/10

I have flown with Flybe a lot in the last couple of years, but the last few months have been terrible with delays and cancellations abounding. Everything said on here about late information and delays extended by hours 5 minutes before an anticipated departure time is true. My last two trips involved more than 10 hours of delays. Airside information and customer service is awful. The cabin crew are thorough though and generally friendly. If you are flying to the Channel Islands, try Blue Islands. Old planes, but flexible all inclusive tickets - pilots all competent and delays are rare; more often you will arrive a few minutes early. For other domestic flights, BA have it - even if it does mean going via Heathrow.

flyBe customer review :  12 September 2012 by D Clark    (UK)

Trip Rating : 0/10

BE862 MAN-SOU cancelled this morning (11 Sep) yet again. Why were all the passengers sent to the gate and left for over an hour with absolutely nothing announced on the PA. We eventually found out the flight was cancelled when someone noticed the "cancelled" message on the main departure board. Conveniently they had enough seats on the next flight, no good for me as I'd missed my mtg. "Yes Sir, you can have a refund - minus the taxes though", as the flight hadn't departed why should I pay taxes? You can of course claim a taxes refund but subject to a 25 administration charge!