flyBe Customer Reviews and flyBe Passenger Trip Reports

flyBe Customer review :  2 May 2013 by E Kehoe    (Ireland)

Dublin-Exeter-Dublin. Dash 8 plane. Very loud if you happen to sit (e.g. row 10) near to the propeller. Noise reduced once reached cruising altitude. Outbound flight was early. Inbound flight was 30 minutes late. Cabin crew very nice.

flyBe Customer review :  29 April 2013 by M Knight    (UK)

I fly from Manchester to Aberdeen at least once a month, and the flight has never been on time (as I write this I'm in the Servis Air lounge in Aberdeen waiting to board another delayed flight BE1036). Flybe don't have enough aircraft to cover contingencies, and I'm sorry but they are no longer cheap either, £482.00 is what I paid to fly up yesterday (also delayed by 90 minutes). From now on will be using BMI, dread to think how much of my time Flybe have wasted over the past two years and they must be aware of how garbage their service is.

flyBe Customer review :  24 April 2013 by Arthur Illingworth    (UK)

I flew to Jersey from Southampton yesterday 22/04/13 on BE241, I booked online, chose me seat and paid my fare, only to be told by the stewardess on boarding 'I have moved you from 20A to 19C as a couple wants to sit together'. My complaint, is I was told not asked. What is the point of choosing your seat?

flyBe Customer review :  24 April 2013 by Greg Penola    (Turkey)

LGW-INV on EMB aircraft. Very comfortable, cabin crew friendly, slightly delayed departure, very positive experience overall. Seats don't recline on this aircraft but for a short trip this isn't a problem.

flyBe Customer review :  22 April 2013 by J Tydeman    (UK)

This is a low cost airline in terms of service but not price! We are crying out for decent choice at Southampton Airport but Flybe has the monopoly and don't we know it. They introduce new routes with a fanfare and then quietly drop them later hoping nobody will notice. Prague, Liverpool, Galway, Newquay, Toulouse, Murcia, Split, Frankfurt, Dubrovnik have all disappeared from the schedules. Poor choice, poor service, general complacency. I was able to avoid the overpriced 'drinks and snacks' on board.

flyBe Customer review :  18 April 2013 by G Lowndes    (UK)

Like Mr Humby I was on the Amsterdam to Southampton flight on April 12th. As he says, situation was chaos, and inconvenience huge having to re-enter Schipol Airport and security three times that day. If Flybe had the brains to keep two wheels at their destination airport they could have avoided this mess, as it takes only half an hour to change a wheel, which is something they would have to do anyway before they can fly the plane again. Altogether a very bad experience, and a bad advert for our country. My Dutch colleagues were not impressed.

flyBe Customer review :  17 April 2013 by K Wilson    (UK)

Amsterdam to Birmingham flight. Technical fault during taxiing resulted in aircraft returning to terminal and passengers disembarking. All passengers put on one bus and deposited back at departures. The promised Handling Agent was not there to help resulting in complete chaos. We had to re enter the Country queuing at passport control and ending up back where we originally checked in. The Flybe rep. who we stumbled across was useless and had no idea what was happening. A KLM agent informed us that an engineer was being flown out from Exeter, there were no other Flybe flights to Birmingham that day but there were seats on the KLM flights. With no information as to what may or may not happen several passengers felt that there was no option but to pay £233 for a ticket to be sure of getting back that day. The service offered by Flybe was non existent. They may be cheap but they are useless.

flyBe Customer review :  17 April 2013 by S J Hakkinen    (UK)

BHX to HAJ last Tuesday (9/4/2013) and back 2 days later in Economy Plus. The air con did not work on either leg - the temperature and humidity was very uncomfortable. The crew tried to explain the problem, but admitted eventually that there was a "discussion" between the engineers and the captain about air con. To complete the experience I was told that the Economy Plus - drink voucher covers either tea or water, not both. At least on the way out I received both. Total cost for the trip was over 600 pounds - based on this experience I will avoid Flybe in the future.

flyBe Customer review :  17 April 2013 by Graham Humby    (UK)

Southampton to Amsterdam return. Outward flight delayed 2 hours. We boarded the return flight on time to be told there was a flat tyre and the flight was cancelled. There was no one from Flybe to help but eventually we discovered we had to book on the next flight. Flybe desk unmanned but 2 very helpful Chinese men from the next desk managed to rebook us. No evidence of any Flybe staff. Arrived in Southampton over 6 hours late. If Flybe management spent less time working out ways to screw every last penny out of its passengers and a lot more time working out how to provide a decent service they might have a reasonable business model. Quite disgraceful.

flyBe Customer review :  17 April 2013 by Gerard McArdle    (Northern ireland)

Flew Belfast to LGW return. The Embraer 195 was in a 2x2 configuration, clean and comfortable with reasonable seat pitch The flights were on time. For all the abuse Flybe receives, this was a good service with no complaints.

flyBe Customer review :  4 April 2013 by C Cumming    (Germany)

My son flew alone with Flybe and was informed his flight from Glasgow would not make the connecting flight from Birmingham to Düsseldorf. He was sent to an airport hotel and given a dinner voucher. At no time were we as parents informed by a member of Flybe staff. After 45 mins waiting for someone to answer a call we were informed that any child over 12 was considered an adult by Flybe. My son has now been between airports for over 24 hours.

flyBe Customer review :  3 April 2013 by Sam Coomber    (UK)

Travelled Southampton to Dublin return with Flybe in a Dash 8. Both flights were on time and comfortable. I didn't eat.

flyBe Customer review :  2 April 2013 by R Muir    (UK)

Flew Manchester to Belfast City return over the Easter weekend. We were about 20 minutes late outbound, but bang on time coming back. The Embraer 195 was clean and comfortable both ways and the crews were friendly and efficient. For a short flight I don't bother with the food and drink so can't comment, but Flybe have pretty much done what I ask of them time and time again. Try and get an Embraer instead of the Dash 8, as it is more spacious and has bigger luggage bins.

flyBe Customer review :  28 March 2013 by J Daly    (Ireland)

Fly with flybe 2-3 times a year Dublin to Southampton - in 3 years it has never been on time. Most recently I got a voice-mail stating my flight times had changed, no mention of what to with a phone number to call. I have now been on hold for 15 minutes to CS before they could inform me of the slight changes to departure times. Why they didn't simply send an E-mail or text with the changes I don't know.

flyBe Customer review :  26 March 2013 by D Joyce    (UK)

I booked flights for 2 adults to Nice in early May at what seemed a fair price. Within a week I received an email saying there had been a change of schedule to Nice, but nothing about the return flight. I was placed in a long queue when trying to call the number provided and gave up for the day. The next day I was phoned to be told that not only was my flight scheduled changed, but both flights had been cancelled as the route had been pulled until after 24 May 2013. I had booked a hotel which I was able to cancel free of charge and Flybe will reimburse all flight costs. Very poor, and I suspect a bad sales plan to see if they can sell enough seats on the route and, if not, call the whole thing off.

flyBe Customer review :  25 March 2013 by Les McMillan    (Jersey)

Booked flybe to Southampton from Jersey. They cancelled their first 2 flights of the day. One to Southampton and one to Gatwick. This is common place. Due to lack of bookings for first flight they cancel and consolidate on to later flight. It really is quite a disgrace. Not happy. They don't do this during week with corporate customers as they bring a lot of business. But your average public who travel once a year don't matter so much.