flyBe Customer Reviews and flyBe Passenger Trip Reports

flyBe Customer review :  5 June 2013 by R Muir    (UK)

MAN to BHD return. Outbound we were an hour late departing with no explanation at all and no apology until we landed. Bar service started but had to finish having seen half the cabin as we were preparing to land. A small delay on the return and we got the bar service. Crew were OK going out, good coming back. E-195 is a good plane, clean snd comfortable. No alternative on this route unless you want to fly to BFS which is miles from the city itself.

flyBe Customer review :  5 June 2013 by Bob Blakey    (UK)

BE315, Exeter - Guernsey, Saturday 1st June. Travelling to the Channel Islands to join a friends yacht. The flight incurred a 4 hour delay due to a faulty spoiler on the Q400 which had to be completely replaced. On the plus side there were regular announcements about the delay, although the content was largely 'the plane is broken and the engineers don't know when it is going to be fixed'. Also Flybe provided, as they should, refreshment vouchers after 2 hours and also offered free soft drinks when we finally got airborne. The profuse apology from the captain immediately prior to departure was also appreciated.

flyBe Customer review :  4 June 2013 by M Hewlett    (UK)

After a long break following reliability issues with trips to Edinburgh thought I would try Flybe one more time as timings worked for early meeting in Newcastle. 4am alarm for 7 am flight only to find 2+hrs delay (and counting). With the reliability others enjoy this is just not good enough!

flyBe Customer review :  4 June 2013 by R Whalen    (UK)

My family and I have flown many airlines over the years, and Flybe is by far the worst we've used. We were meant to be flying direct from Newcastle to Jersey, however these flights were cancelled, and we were given the option of flying Newcastle to Southampton, and then on to jersey from there. This is a decision we now regret. Our flight from Newcastle was delayed by 3 hours due to a technical fault, meaning we missed our connection. We were then moved onto a later flight which took off half an hour late meaning we got to jersey 6 hours later than planned. Coming home our flight from Southampton to Newcastle was also delayed by 1 hour 45 minutes. We will never be using Flybe again.

flyBe Customer review :  3 June 2013 by R Anderson    (UK)

Newquay to Gatwick. Aircraft had a technical problem. Flybe flew in an empty aircraft from Amsterdam and in the end we were only one hour late. Cabin crew were friendly and efficient. A good flight.

flyBe Customer review :  3 June 2013 by D Rafferty    (UK)

Appalling service from flybe again. This will be the last time I use them. Customer service is non-existent as their desk in Manchester airport is unmanned as a policy. Have flown frequently between Manchester and Belfast and rarely been on time. Currently sitting in Belfast where monitors have let us know that flight delayed by 45 mins, then 1.5 hrs, and currently 1hr 45 mins. No explanation, no apology, no information whatsoever from Flybe. I fly frequently, within Europe and USA and Flybe is without question the worst airline I have ever come across with regards to punctuality and customer service.

flyBe Customer review :  1 June 2013 by J Jones    (UK)

Once more the perils of flying with flymaybe. Flight to Manchester cancelled - rude unhelpful staff before security. Advised that when we miss the connection we would be put up in hotel. If anyone is reading this and you have a choice to fly with anyone other than flybe then I truly would take that option.

flyBe Customer review :  29 May 2013 by Dennis I Patterson    (UK)

On Wed 22nd May due to a cancelled south west train, my wife and I missed our 18.30 flight to Newcastle. We went to the Flybe help desk to re-schedule our flight, the young ladies on duty that night were fantastic. Our flight was arranged for 07.00 on Thursday, considering all things, this was at a very reasonable cost. They even found us a hotel for the night.

flyBe Customer review :  24 May 2013 by C Thomas    (UK)

SOU-AMS and return next day. Should have known better than choose a lunchtime flight. The inevitable "next information at..." message on the departures screen followed an Embraer bound for Malaga being unloaded after it "went tech". Evidently our airplane went to them. Time passed, with "next information at..." moving back every half hour. 5 voucher offered after an hour. Replacement Embraer arrived to get us away 2.5 hours late. Rest of flight uneventful, and it made a nice change to be attached to an airbridge at AMS instead of waiting for the bus. Next day it was a Q400 so back to the dreaded Gate D06. Boarded 15 minutes late. Captain announced further 20 minute delay due to single runway ops. Then the inevitable 20 minute taxi to 36L. Pleasant crew, Captain clearly tried to expedite journey, but still 40 mins late arriving. Can't really grumble, only 215 return vs 400 on BA. It is a little too much of a lottery though - particularly if you've a tight business agenda.

flyBe Customer review :  21 May 2013 by K Odonnell    (UK)

We were flying Newcastle to Exeter at 10.25am, this flight was delayed by 2 hours and then cancelled. Our only options were to get a refund or get a flight to Gatwick and a 4 hour coach journey to Exeter. The Gatwick flight was delayed by over an hour and we had to fork out a lot of extra money due to this. I will never ever use them again.

flyBe Customer review :  20 May 2013 by S Mcleod    (UK)

4 flights in 1 week (every one was late). Used Flybe to fly from Southampton to Aberdeen via Manchester. What can I say. 4 flights and not one was on time. Poor service from cabin crew, dirty planes. The first plane that I was on had to use the toilet. I was the first passenger to use the toilet and I was shocked at what I encountered. If they cannot even be bothered to clean a toilet and change a sodden toilet roll then no way would I eat or drink anything. All I can say is that the chance of me using Flybe again are almost nil. Found that the ground grew and cabin crew all had the same attitude (did not seem to care about service in any way or form).

flyBe Customer review :  9 May 2013 by Ian Campbell    (Australia)

Flight from Aberdeen to Sumburgh. Cargo door came open inflight so plane (Saab 340) diverted to Orkneys. To give you an indication of how poor this airline is, I have now been sitting here in Kirkwall for 3 hours, and they've only just made a definitive announcement about what might be happening re replacement aircraft etc. Flybe staff on the ground - no information, and other airport staff are either non communicative or just downright rude.