flyBe Customer Reviews and flyBe Passenger Trip Reports

flyBe Customer review :  19 August 2013 by L Peacock    (UK)

Will not use Flybe again. Delayed for 2 hours for our Southampton to Edinburgh flight on 16 August and a further delay of 1 hour on our return flight on 18 August. No information given and no staff on hand to talk to. A real could not care less attitude has been adopted by the airline. Fortunately there are other airlines to use.

flyBe Customer review :  13 August 2013 by R G Kerr    (UK)

Having read so many bad reviews with this airline, I felt that although our flight from SOU to EGC was at the end of June, we should at least add a more positive one. My wife is wheelchair bound and at both Southampton and Bergerac the staff could not have been more helpful and I was able to take her to the aircraft steps at both airports. The flights both ways were on time.

flyBe Customer review :  13 August 2013 by Nicko Goncharoff    (UK)

I booked a 'New Economy' fare on Flybe, because it included the cost of a single checked bag and seat selection. I subsequently found out I needed to bring another bag on the trip. When I looked at my options online, the only ones available were to increase the weight limit of my single bag, or pay £30 to check two bags. Although there were options for paying £13.99 for a 15 kilo bag (for which my second item would qualify) this was not available to me. So, having already paid a premium for a fare that allowed one checked bag, I'm now paying the maximum fare to check two bags, meaning the money I spent on the New Economy fare to cover my single bag was wasted. This limitation is not stated clearly anywhere on the Flybe website. In fact, I had to pay to find out this information, as the Flybe customer service line charges 10p/minute. I haven't even checked in, and I already dislike this airline.

flyBe Customer review :  8 August 2013 by J Cook    (UK)

Today my sister-in-law checked in at Jersey airport to fly to East Midlands. At the time she should have been boarding she looked up at the departures board and noticed "Cancelled" had appeared. She had to take her duty free back, collect her suitcase and queue up for a refund/book another flight. How do Flybe get away with this so frequently? It happens to everyone we know who travels between Jersey and East Midlands plus other routes. Do Flybe ever consider the extra expense and inconvenience passengers endure every time they cancel due to no plane being available?

flyBe Customer review :  7 August 2013 by B Barnes    (UK)

Perfect. Flew Edinburgh to Birmingham on Friday. Plane arrived 30 minutes early. Very comfortable seats.

flyBe Customer review :  7 August 2013 by M Haugh    (UK)

Usually fly from Exeter to Dublin, I think I will collapse on the spot if their flight were to leave on time. delays of 40 mins appear to be a minimum but even longer is not uncommon. The costs of the flights have become more reasonable but their punctuality is woeful.

flyBe Customer review :  5 August 2013 by D Tommaso    (Italy)

BE405, 2/8/13. Nightmare. 2 days to travel from Belfast to Milan. 8 hours stuck in George Best Airport.  No assistance at all. I would not recommend.

flyBe Customer review :  5 August 2013 by Craig Greenwell    (Northern Ireland)

Use this airline approx 50 times a year, seems as though approx 80% of my flights have been delayed, normally Belfast to Newcastle. Good enough service when your flying but appalling delays almost every trip.

flyBe Customer review :  5 August 2013 by D Kenny    (USA)

Unreliable airline. There is often no "fly" with Flybe. Today the 7.55am Donegal to Dublin flight canceled due to "technical difficulties." Passengers bussed to Dublin. As a result, our family member missed all her booked Aer Lingus connecting flights Dublin-Boston-LA. Twice before during the last year Flybe has cancelled at last minute and bussed us Dublin-Donegal and vice versa. If you like additional 5+ hr road trips and complete unpredictability then this is the airline for you.

flyBe Customer review :  30 July 2013 by G Bowman    (Australia)

Only carrier flying directly from Schipol to Southampton the evening before I was due to depart on a cruise to the Baltic. Should have known better! Flight cancelled as we reached the steps of the plane. After several hours of messing around by their reps (KLM) I found the best they could offer was the next afternoon flight - after my cruise left Southampton. Managed to get on a BA flight early next morning to Heathrow, then a hire car for a quick drive down to Southampton and made the cruise. Flybe were useless. No-one at Schipol to discuss the situation and no-one at their desk at Southampton where I dropped off the hire car. Their technical team must be seriously challenged by all the incidents that cause the frequent Flybe cancellations!

flyBe Customer review :  30 July 2013 by Leonard B Rapkins    (USA)

Arrived at Exeter from Newcastle en route to the Isles of Scilly to find that my flight to the IOS had been cancelled. This was Monday morning. I was due to fly back to Exeter on the Thursday, travel by train to Southampton and then Flybe to Bergerac. I noticed that there was a flight from Exeter to Bergerac on the Wednesday and decided to cancel my trip to the Isles and go from Exeter to Bergerac. Told I could change my ticket if I paid £40 to the Flybe rep, asked for another £120 to get a new piece of paper that said I was flying from Exeter. On arrival back at Exeter for my new expensive flight to Bergerac I went to check my very small bag but was told that I had to pay another £40 so my bag could ride in the hold. I wonder if my flight home will materialise because I have tried to call customer service countless times without any response.

flyBe Customer review :  20 July 2013 by P Ellis    (UK)

Our mid-day Manchester - Southampton flight was perfect. The plane was at best half-full and check in, boarding and departure all went smoothly. The flight is only 40 mins and was reasonably priced. Cabin crew were polite and courteous, and managed to deliver a good trolley service for such a short flight. All in all, a good experience for us.

flyBe Customer review :  18 July 2013 by Graham Murray    (UK)

I regularly use Flybe and am usually very happy with the service. My issue is that we booked flights to Faro in Portugal in June this year for me and my wife and 2 elderly in-laws. We booked the same flights 2 years ago at the cost of £600. This time it was over £1600. Ok, we paid because of the convenience when travelling with the elderly but it is hard to justify the price hike. Flybe will or are going to kill their customer base.

flyBe Customer review :  18 July 2013 by A Frame    (UK)

I checked in and arrived in good time at East Midlands airport on 10th July for a 19.50 flight to Glasgow. 45 minutes before departure the flight information notified that the flight had been cancelled. A protracted process followed whereby Glasgow passengers were transferred on to the Edinburgh flight, which was delayed by over 2 hours. On arrival at Edinburgh we were transferred 40 miles by bus to Glasgow Airport. This would have been bad enough, but I also had an interesting conversation with two East Midlands staff who told me that the airline had also pulled the Glasgow flight in similar circumstances on the previous 2 days. It seems that Flybe are cancelling flights on economic grounds but remain happy for passengers to turn up at airports in the full knowledge that their flights will not be operating. I also note with some interest that they have pulled the same stunt today with their morning Cardiff - Glasgow flight.

flyBe Customer review :  16 July 2013 by J Cook    (UK)

Sadly from where I live in the UK I have a choice of 3 airports from which to travel to Jersey and Flybe are my only option from all 3. Booked to travel from Humberside to Jersey on 6th July. I looked on the internet that morning to discover flight was already showing as delayed but I still had to check in on time of course. My fellow passengers were all dismayed until I explained this is regular practice with Flybe. We were delayed for 3 hours in total. Returning on 13th July it was no surprise that we were once again delayed for two hours. Looking at the departures board in Jersey four other Flybe flights were also delayed yet no other airline had delays. At least the flight wasn't cancelled which normally happens from East Midlands so there was a silver lining after all!

flyBe Customer review :  16 July 2013 by Kelly Gerard    (UK)

Swore I would never fly Flybe again - and I haven't. I have however booked 5 family members SOU-DUB return, 16-19 Jul 13. The flight is not until tomorrow and already the frustration has mounted. The website does not work, it simply bounces me back to the login screen. I can quote check in times of 20 mins, 30 mins, 1 hour and 2 hours per the website for the same data set! I have given up customer services premium rate telephone number several times after a 30 minute wait. I desperation I drove to Southampton today to resolve the issues so my guests could at least turn up at the correct time. I was greeted with no Flybe personnel at SOU, they are represented by Servisair and you start with a desk manned by 2 and a queue in excess of 50. The Servisair supervisor was ill mannered and useless. The whole operation is ill conceived, ill briefed and consequently ill executed - and expensive. It is my experience that poor systems and administrative procedures transcend to operations.

flyBe Customer review :  16 July 2013 by Malcolm Cashmore    (UK)

I was to travel from Birmingham to the Isle of Man on Friday, 11th July 2013 on the 07.15 flight. I made it to the airport in good time, went through security to the Flybe Lounge. I was told the flight had been cancelled at 04.00 and that I would be "bussed up" to Manchester for the 10.25 flight, or I could catch the evening flight. After some thought I opted for Manchester and, at that stage the comedy of errors unfurled: 1) Flybe could have e- mailed/texted me that the flight had been cancelled before I started my travels. 2) The bus promised for 07.45 arrived an hour late. 3) Flybe sent the bus to Terminal 2, we should have gone to Terminal 3. 4) When we got to the Terminal nobody knew we were coming and the flight had been closed with the plane on the runway, they had to bring the plane back. All in all I arrived at my destination at 01.15pm - 5 hours late. The return trip was two hours late. If you have a choice I suggest you give Flybe a miss.