Copa Airlines Passenger Reviews and Copa Airlines Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  7 March 2011 by Andre Franca   (Brazil)

MAO-PTY-AUA-POS-PTY-MAO, I am a Copa frequent flyer, I should say their ground service is still good, but onboard is going downhill. Only snacks offered even on long flights, crew indifferent and pretend to be doing a favour for you. Airport agents always desperate to solve overbooking problems, but in general they are value for money and they are still better than some US legacy carriers.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  20 January 2011 by Vincent Fissore   (Uruguay)

Copa Airlines MVD to JFK through PTY and back. At check-in in in Uruguay, I was upgraded to Clase Ejecutiva on both segments of the flight, which was a surprise. First leg of the flight over 7 hours long, so after a good meal and some drinks, decided to go to sleep. The seats were hard and not comfy for sleeping. Inflight entertainment so-so. Had the chance to experience the Copa Airlines lounge at PTY, no great surprise either. Second leg of the journey as good as the first part, only a bit shorter. Return trip nearly the same, except that there was no Inflight Entertainment on first leg, and the second leg went without wine. All in all, a good experience, but for long trips, especially with children, prepare one or two movies and some reading, because you can suffer quickly in B737'S.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  4 January 2011 by L Queirozcorey   (USA)

I'm having the worst experience with Copa Airlines as I'm sitting at the airport. They don't know how to handle their business, I will never use them again. First they mess up my flight back home, and was told to standby - I'm now on waiting list for 12 hrs and still no seats assigned. My boyfriend and I had to take different flights in order to get home.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  31 December 2010 by I Sibian   (Romania)

MEX-SJO-MGA-MEX. First time traveling with Copa and I was pleased with their product. All flights on time, nice hub in PTY, very nice catering, good selection of beverages and friendly FAs. The planes (B737NG) have a good entertainment system on flights longer than 3 hours, with overhead TV screens. They play a selection from four featured films and one sitcom, which are updated monthly.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  29 October 2010 by A Tello   (USA)

PTY-Santiago DR-PTY. Aero Republica recently changed it's brand to Copa Airlines Colombia. Professional flight attendants, however very broken English, efficient service. On return to Panama, crew very patiently and professionally handled an extremely difficult business class customer. Pilots English very good and informative announcements. Both ways on newer Embraer 190 with 2x2 seating. Return plane had business class seating but coach service.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  3 September 2010 by J Wright   (USA)

Had a straight through flight from LAX to Tocumen Airport in Panama. The seats were extremely tight and not comfortable for the length of flight. LAX to Panama one of the flight attendants was extremely rude and aggressive in her interaction with me and some other passengers. However, the flight coming back the attendants were a little bit nicer.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  15 August 2010 by S North   (USA)

LAX to Panama City return. I had purchased my airfare 3 months prior and when I checked in 3 hours early for the return, they said they were bumping 25 people due to overselling and weight restrictions. They stated they were going to ask for people to give up seats for those who truly needed to fly. They only called for volunteers once and in Spanish so 2/3 of the flight didn't understand. They were rude and had no compassion. A few of the others that were supposed to have got bumped, got on the plane. I had priority on the list and yet other people got on that were far down the list. Copa Airlines said they had the right to determine who got on the plane by their own guidelines - who they wanted to bump, they bumped. They bumped me for a full 24 hours and the whole situation was unacceptable and appalling. Now I have a $400 voucher on Copa and I don't even want to set foot on the airline.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  14 July 2010 by Christine Brown   (New Zealand)

The staff at the check in at Santiago were the worst I have ever experienced at any airline. We had advised our connection would be close and arrived 80 minutes before the plane left and they had sold our seats! We had paid 5 weeks in advance and as a result were left for another 12 hours at the airport till the next connection, had to pay penalty on change and airport tax and we were supposed to be in transit to Havana. As we are both in our late 60s and speak limited Spanish this was disgusting. The staff on the plane were great - disappointing that check in staff let them down.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  16 April 2010 by B Marcello   (Argentina)

BUE-PTY-HAV. Both flights punctual and the crew was very polite. Poor leg-room and the entertainment is not so good.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  9 March 2010 by Peter Harrison   (UK)

PTY-MGA return February 2010 as partner airline with KLM. Excellent service from crew, good snacks for a flight taking just over an hour. Could not fault in anyway.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  1 March 2010 by N Yu   (USA)

IAD-PTY-SJO Canceled Due to Weather. We recently spent two miserable days at the Dulles (IAD) airport due to Copa's refusal to cancel their flights until the last minute. We even called and told them at the Dulles Airport was closed yet they refused to cancel their flight! During those two days we waited in long lines for hours with other confused passengers and were given the run around by both the Airport and Call Center agents regarding our flight status. End Result - given option to fly out 4 days later with no change fee. We gave up and went home. We have not received any compensation from the airline for meals we ate during the two days or for our flight which was canceled. Not to mention the fact that we lost our vacation package we had booked in Costa Rica.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  18 February 2010 by A Tello   (USA)

MIA-PTY-LIM return. As a Onepass Gold Elite I was upgraded on all 4 segments - Check in and cabin crew friendly. Meals in business class are not impressive. All four flights on time or early. Seats in business class on a 737 are standard USA domestic first class seats. Miles posted quickly to my Onepass account. Price for the trip was very good.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  17 February 2010 by J Adams   (USA)

Panama to Washington DC cancelled due to weather in DC. Copa arranged for a hotel complete with meal vouchers and then paid for dinner the night of the rebooked flight due to a very late departure time. Overall, I was pleased with the manner in which Copa handled the already stressful situation.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  7 January 2010 by S Jayachandran   (USA)

Panama back to Los Angeles. The airline was supposedly rerouted via El Salvador for refueling reasons. The other passengers and myself did not know about this till on board. Also no blankets or pillows given out. Flight arrive 1.5 hours late. Not good at all.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  8 December 2009 by S Blinov   (USA)

Nine people in my group. Flight from Dulles to Panama to Santiago Chile. Flight cancelled due to maintenance. Sat in airport for 10 hours before assignment to an alternate flight. Arrived Santiago 12 hours late. Our group lost over a 1000 US dollars in hotel and tours. We asked for compensation. COPA Airlines refused to take responsibility blaming Dulles International Airport for the cancellation. Not even a free drink on the return flight. Next trip to Chile will travel on an alternate airline.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  5 December 2009 by Jose Chavarria   (Costa Rica)

August 8, due to a mechanical failure, arrived 5 hours late at Lima and had to show up for a business meeting same morning without any sleeping. September 18. Due to mechanical failure my flight from Buenos Aires to Panama was cancelled. Missed my connexion and arrived about 8 hours late to my final destination. November 13th was coming from Santiago, Chile. Due to mechanical failure, we went back to Santiago after two hours in the air. Missed my connexion again and arrived 8 hours or so later. November 20th was coming from Guayaquil, Ecuador. Flight was OK, but then my next flight to Costa Rica got 9 hours delayed, guess why, mechanical failure. November 23th. Flew to Bogota, my luggage did not made it until next day. December 4th, flight 491 delayed (two hours they say) due to, yes, mechanical failure. I already missed my connexion, another 8 or so hour late, in the best of the cases. This is the worst airline I've ever flown.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  29 November 2009 by F Schreiber   (Panama)

Just took a round trip to Santiago Chile flying business class on a 737. On time departures and arrivals, friendly staff and clean cabin. Food and drink service was very good.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  19 October 2009 by Patrick Lorenz   (Mexico)

CUN-PTY-Santo Domingo. I liked Copa very much, only the seats could be better. The food was excellent and the FA very good. I recommend them and flying in latin America you should choose a good and safe airline, Copa is a very good choice.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  27 June 2009 by Brad Blacklaw   (Australia)

MEX-PTY-HAV return. Had to use them as due to the swine flu, couldn't fly direct from Mexico. They were 737s so not too bad. The flights were full in both directions. Cabin crew were ok and food ok.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  27 June 2009 by Brad Blacklaw   (Australia)

1 2 3