Condor Airlines Passenger Reviews and Condor Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5

CONDOR customer review :  20 July 2012 by Torsten Kaminski   (Germany)

FRA - Colombo at a bargain price of 230 Euros one-way and value for money. Seating is rather cramped but still manageable. They provide filling yet basic meals and one gets clean if not the most modern planes and rather efficient then charming crew. Even got LH miles credited. Their main advantage is that they fly you directly to secondary airports and exotic destinations without lengthy plane changes. Would not hesitate to travel again if the price is right.

CONDOR customer review :  20 July 2012 by Ramesh Thadani   (Brazil)

Economy Plus

Flew from FRA to SSA in a clean 767-300ER on 15/7/2012. I paid a little extra to fly Premium Economy, and it was still comparable to the major airlines' standard economy. However, had generous leg-room, a great pillow (larger than usually offered), and received a kit with water, full-size toothbrush, toothpaste, headphones, eye-cover , earplugs and a small footrest was under each seat. The seat reclined well, and the crew were friendly, and helpful. The on-board service was a very nice surprise: great food, and a reasonable variety of beverages - hot and cold. The only draw-back comparing with its competitors, is the lack of individual LCD screens: they still used the old-fashioned overhead screen for each cabin sector. A good experience, and would repeat given a choice! Shame that the FRA airport is a total mess: immigration was chaos, and so was the security screening before the gate, delaying our flight by about 15 minutes, and stressing the passengers.

CONDOR customer review :  18 July 2012 by B Smith   (Canada)

Flew on 767 from YVR to FRA. Worst airline I have ever flown on internationally. Seats were cramped, they are older and bulkier than new seats. I'm 5'8" and had virtually no leg room, and had none whatsoever when the passenger in front of me reclined her seat. I've never had worse food. Hot pasta dish was essentially chopped vegetables on top of bland and congealed pasta, bread was stale. Breakfast consisted of 3 slices of citrus fruit, crackers that resembled soggy bread, and a couple of paper-thin slices of cheese and meat. Extra snacks and drinks were for purchase only. Headphones for IFE were also for purchase only. Only redeeming factor was that the agent at check-in counter was friendly and professional. Budget-airline-quality for not-so- budget-airline prices!

CONDOR customer review :  16 July 2012 by C Black   (Canada)

Flight from Toronto to Vienna (via Frankfurt) was about 40% less expensive than other airlines. After booking and then reading the other reviews about Condor on this website, I worried that we had made a mistake. We paid an additional 15 euros per ticket, each way, for reserved seats since the check-in process seemed to be a common complaint in past reviews. In Toronto, we waited less than 10 minutes to check-in, through a friendly Condor agent. The boarding and flight was what you'd expect for any charter - perhaps a little less leg room, but overall on par with Air Canada. The on-board staff were helpful and cheerful. I had requested a special meal, and when they didn't have record of it, they went out of their way to offer me other choices. Our experiences on the return flight were the same. My spouse was a bit disgruntled because on the return flight all alcoholic beverages were an additional charge - but not a big deal given the price to value ratio. I would be happy to fly Condor again and would recommend it to anyone who is looking to for a more affordable option to fly to Europe.

CONDOR customer review :  16 July 2012 by M King   (Germany)

Flight from Berlin to Greece. In flight film was a current film, although intended for children with a flight containing only 3 children. Breakfast was satisfactory and typical food served. Would have liked having more than 1 coffee and 1 water, but the flight was only 3 hours. No issues at all, with luggage.

CONDOR customer review :  16 July 2012 by J Warren   (USA)

I had the same experience as previous posters with stiffing me for excess baggage charge. Website states a $26.00 charge for excess baggage but I was charged 60 Euro. I was going to throw out a few things but the was not allowed to for security reasons which made no sense. Other passengers walked through with 2 items (I had large purse and small suitcase) and were not stopped at all. Also, when checking in was told flight was overbooked and I had no seat but my daughter did! Had to wait to gate to find out if I could get on plane. Girl at check-in hinted I may get upgraded but that was not the case at the gate, a very rude woman told me to take a seat then called me over to say I got a seat but my daughter and I would not be seated together. Was not able to check in online because we were US citizens and had not paid extra $$ for seat choice.

CONDOR customer review :  2 July 2012 by Robert Jones   (USA)

After we checked in at the desk a lady was pulling passengers aside to weigh our bags and charge us for excessive weight. Really a rip off. They charged us 320 Euros for two carry ons. It was a disgrace. She said either pay or throw your belongings away. Beware of your carry on weight. They only allow 6 kilos which is about 12 pounds and that includes the luggage weight. It was a money making machine at the gate. They made a big profit that day. Will never fly or recommend Condor again. After 9.5 hours the bathrooms had no toilet paper with urine on the floor. They should be ashamed of themselves and I paid $400 extra dollars for filth.

CONDOR customer review :  19 June 2012 by Morten Jensen   (Denmark)

Economy Plus

Premium Economy from Frankfurt to Fort Lauderdale. The bad: Check-in at Frankfurt was somewhat slow and no smiles were given during the process. Boarding was a bit delayed with no explanation given. Boarding message was very hard to understand due to lousy speaker quality. We were told to board in different stages but people ignored this and everyone went on the buses at the same time. Hand baggage limit is only 6kg which is nothing (my hand carry suitcase is fairly light but still weighs 3kgs without anything in it). Luckily this wasn't checked or enforced on this flight. The good: Flight was actually quite good. Seat on Economy Premium had plenty of leg space. I'm 1.95cm and still had 30cm of space from my knees to the seat in front of me, which in my case was a wall. Seat leaned back a lot which made it somewhat comfortable to sleep, something I otherwise find hard on flights in general. No individual screens but a few common screens showing comedy, music and ads. On the promo clips they showed for Condor, all the flight crew were young and hot (probably hired models), the real crew were old and looked like something out of an 80's movie. But the service was friendly and professional. Food was actually quite good. I've had better but I've certainly had worse as well. Overall the experience on Economy Premium was like flying on the luxury class of old, low cost airline. And since the price was fairly low, I would probably fly this way again.

CONDOR customer review :  18 June 2012 by Val Trend   (USA)

FRA-Las Vegas. If its possible, avoid it. Most importantly, passengers need to be aware of unreasonably tight restrictions (1 item of less than 6 kg) on hand luggage, stiff penalties for excesses (20 Euros per kg), and a policy of checking-at-the-gate, by which time it is too late for passengers to re-pack their luggage. The seats don't allow much leg room and they seem a bit narrow. And have to wait long time because of their checking-at-the- gate - it takes really long time, believe me!

CONDOR customer review :  18 June 2012 by J Cayzer   (Germany)

Vancouver-Frankfurt Economy on 767-300ER with winglets - actually the most up-to-date variant of 767 I've flown, including a more modern interior with curved storage bins like on newer 777 planes, very well kept. Staff courteous and friendly, pilots provided updates at regular intervals. Only thing I can fault, like others have done, is the no-frills standard of service. This includes a cramped cabin seating layout with very little leg room, bland and nutritionally lacking food, no personalised in-flight entertainment for a 10+ hour flight, and the inability to either check in or choose seats for this flight online, resulting in a long queue at the airport and luck-of-the-draw seat assignment. Overall, Condor maintains a certain German quality of flight service well, but it's far from flying in style. For the very cheap ticket price, was worth it. Beware also of strict carry-on luggage weight allowance.

CONDOR customer review :  12 May 2012 by L Roestad   (Norway)

Economy Plus

FRA-HAV in Premium Economy class. A very good product indeed. The 767-300 looked very clean and new. Seats (2-3-2) are wide and comfortable. Recline very good, pitch 35". You get a footrest under the seat in front of you, can be used in several ways for feet/legs and are very comfortable. A full size pillow, comfort kit, water, Drinks are free, and they start with a cocktail hour, then return with drinks during meal service. Meals very nice. Menu's, choice, all well presented. More drinks offered during flight together with an ice- cheese-cake. Snack before landing distributed (again with drinks) a couple of hours before landing. Giving you time to eat/enjoy and somehow shortening the flight. Same concept (drinks and meals) seemed to be followed in economy class too. Crew very nice. Polite, still with humour. Compared with other airlines that offer Europe-Havana flights, Condor Premium is much better for more or less the same price.

CONDOR customer review :  3 February 2012 by V Hoelen   (Norway)

Frankfurt-Cancun return. The main problem is customer service when checking in. When checking in at Cancun airport I stood 2.5 hours in the queue, barely getting to my gate in time for the flight. When I finally reached the check-in counter, it turned out my suitcase was over the limit for checked-in luggage. I was told I had to pay for this, which is fine. What is not fine is that the operation of paying took 15 mins. Extremely ineffective and tedious check-in process. The flight itself is below comfortable, entertainment is poor, the food is no more than okay and leg room is nothing to write home about. But all of this would be more acceptable if the start of the journey didn't have you running through the airport because ground service is so slow.

1 2 3 4 5