China Airlines Passenger Reviews and China Airlines Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5

China Airlines customer review :  10 August 2011 by Andrew Lin   (Canada)

TPE-YVR-TPE. A340-300s. E-Checkin and Self Print Boarding Passes were quick and easy to use at Taipei. Boarding commenced with proper order according to zones. After takeoff, the Fantasy Sky AVOD was immediately turned on, slippers and headsets handed out. AVOD had a selection of 101 movies, meals were tasty and served hot, numerous drink rounds were made. Toothbrushes put out during the night, and restrooms were kept clean by FA's. Delayed on the return due to technical issues, however, the purser and FA's handled the situation well. Announcements from the captain were made quickly and FA's quickly began drink rounds. AVOD was started as soon as the drink rounds finished.

China Airlines customer review :  8 August 2011 by William Shi   (Taiwan)

TPE-FRA, A340-300. Check-In was smooth and ground staff gave our luggage priority. Cabin was clean. Crew nice and attentive. After departure, given drinks, ear phones and slippers, then a meal service - vegetarian meal, was very tasty. Cabin staff made beverage and snack services during night time, and 3 hours before arrival a second meal service. Seats were comfortable and had IFE with AVOD.

China Airlines customer review :  21 July 2011 by Andreas Dermawan   (Indonesia)

The First Class cabin is very good, full 180 degrees flat sea, the food was great and there was very nice service from the flight attendants. I looking forward to using China Airlines again.

China Airlines customer review :  20 July 2011 by William Babao   (USA)

LAX-Manila return. Refurbished 747 to Taipei, still looks old, but nice movie selections. Disappointed with the food, though service was efficient and the flight was mostly on time. Although not on par with Cathay or Asiana, it's still a good airline.

China Airlines customer review :  19 July 2011 by Brian Walker   (Canada)

Vancouver-Manila, I was so impressed with the service I received form China Airlines. I am not new to flying, having worked internationally for 23 yrs on all continents except Australia. The meals come quickly and the tray only sits infront of you for 15 mins tops and is removed, The cabin staff are so efficient. I look forward to travelling with this airline again and again.

China Airlines customer review :  12 July 2011 by Patrick Olsen   (Denmark)

Been travelling with China Airlines 4 times now. And I have to say it is quite a service you get plus comfortable seats with LCD screen, lots of movies (even new movies which just released), games. I have nothing to complain about. The food is acceptable and they are mostly right on the time with the flights. Only one time it has been late at arriving. However it was only 30 mins which is acceptable for me.

China Airlines customer review :  11 July 2011 by T Smith   (Australia)

SYD-JFK via TPE/KIX. All flights arrived on time. Sydney-Taipei flights (A330) have the long haul 166 degree angled flat beds. Taipei-New York was in the first newly refurbished 747 which is the same business product as Thai Airlines/Gulf Air/Turkish. Excellent product and nice new pillows and soft duvets. Food high quality and AVOD lots of choice. Quick transfer at TPE but total journey was 29hrs. The price justified the route and choice of airline. Would fly again.

China Airlines customer review :  4 July 2011 by Junyi Sim   (Taiwan)

TPE-SFO. Flight was 2 hours late due to late arrival of aircraft and later a mechanical failure. Boarding chaotic and disorganized. Very tired cabin, flickering lights, dirty overhead projectors, no PTVs, not even air nozzles. Blackout twice during taxi and crew had to manually perform safety demo which took up 10 mins both in Chinese and English. They try very hard to sound pleasant and friendly with their English but it doesn't work without 'pleases' and 'thank yous'. Food ok. Overall I regretted paying more for such an outdated product. They're currently upgrading their cabins but that's no excuse for the poorly co-ordinated delay and rudeness.

China Airlines customer review :  18 May 2011 by Stewart Holmes   (Thailand)

I purchased our tickets, refundable Business class, for the family to Europe. A medical surgery came up and we had to cancel - since we have fully refundable, I didn't think it would be a problem. I read through the terms prior to purchasing. After getting the runaround from the Bangkok sales office, I was finally told to do it online. In order to get a refund, you have to agree to wait 45 days for the charge back to a credit card. Of course, this wasn't mentioned during the purchasing process. I called the ticket office and they told me it would be much longer than 45 days. We will get a refund but weren't prepared for the lengthy time.

China Airlines customer review :  18 May 2011 by Keith Miller   (USA)

Flights on China Airlines are fine. My complaint is about their frequent flyer program. Don't bother. They give you an award ticket for 30,000 miles, but it is only good for Hawaii which has no Availability through the year end (a full 12 months at the time of our attempt) at which point the ticket is no longer valid. So we had to make a special request to "downgrade" our award to 25,000 miles so we could chose any flight in the continental US. Still, pretty much impossible to get a ticket. The stupid thing is the staff will sit with you on the phone for hours trying. First they have to plug in a specific flight both outbound and return and then wait for their partner airline to get back to them. It is always unavailable even though the super saver discounted tickets are still not sold out on the web site. So they not only waste my time, but they pay their staff to sit on the phone and go through this useless exercise. Eventually the staff will tell you that they can't stay on the phone all day!

China Airlines customer review :  9 May 2011 by Ian Guy   (New Zealand)

Auckland to Brisbane return. Modern A330-300, 2-4-2 seating configuration, cabin fresh and clean, if a little cramped. The fare was less for a full service airline than a low cost airline with no meal or baggage allowance - hence the plane was pretty full. Check in was done by Air NZ at AKL and Qantas at BNE, so efficient and without difficulty. The personal allowance of 20 kg per person was allowed to be pooled over our family group, so we weren't charged for the 28kg case as we would have on other airlines. Cabin crew were mainly young and well presented. Their English was possibly only at a novice level. The seats were comfortable with adjustable winged head rests. In flight entertainment was a touch screen seat back TV, approx 7 inch screen; a choice of about 15 current movies, plus a catalogue of oldies and regional content, as well as the usual games, music, etc. Outbound headphones, blankets and pillows on seat on. Soft drinks served before a light dinner - reasonable quality. Wine served with the meal, this was poor - maybe ask for a beer instead. Hot drinks were served afterwards. The inbound was a little different; as the aircraft had arrived from Taipei some seats had headphones, others none. The cabin crew distributed these shortly after take off. All in all a decent flight, crew were pleasant, not exceptional, but not poor either.

China Airlines customer review :  25 April 2011 by C Rainbow   (New Zealand)

Brisbane to Auckland, Easter Friday and flight was very busy. An ageing A330, seats were rather hard and uncomfortable. IFE was very good and offered a range of movies and music. The service was above average with a good meal and tea and coffee offered. The service was efficient but not polite and had an indifferent aspect to it. If the price does not remain competitive I would not use this airline again.

China Airlines customer review :  11 April 2011 by E Wu   (USA)

Flew economy LAX to TPE. Flight was late 30 minutes at least taking off. Then after take off the estimated arrival time kept being moved back. The flight ended up 1 hour 25 minutes late landing. Flight was completely full - to the point they were weighing bags and people. The check staff literally told people to get on the scales. The plane was an upgraded 747-400 that had personally video screens in economy, seats were very narrow and the seat pitch was painful. Food portions tiny. No more hot towels provided upon boarding and before landing.

China Airlines customer review :  10 April 2011 by K Tan   (UK)

We booked our return trip LHR-BNE in August 2010 with China Airlines. We are due to depart from LHR on the 10/4/2011. Two days before our departure, China airlines called and cancelled our flight due to the cancellation of the flight from Taipei to BNE. They didn't give us any reason and not even try to find us the alternative route. Although we have the full refund, we have to find another airlines in the last minute. Luckily we are able to get on another airlines, but it cost us 600 extra due to last minute fare. We are so disgusted with China Airlines, and we would not recommend China Airlines to anyone. It is a joke that a 4-star airline provide such a terrible service.

China Airlines customer review :  4 April 2011 by Anthony Chung   (Canada)

Two weeks ago my wife and I travelled to Taipei and Hong Kong on China Airlines Economy Class. On both ways we find the services worthy of high commendation. Both the ground staff and the attendants prompt, courteous, and responsible to the customer needs and details. The food and beverage were sufficient and of excellent quality.

China Airlines customer review :  1 April 2011 by Duane Leer   (Canada)

BKK-YVR. Planes new but had a 3 hour mechanical in BKK so missed connection in Taiwan. It felt like they had this problem many times before. As I was on a bereavement fare they placed me in the bulkhead with no other seats occupied in the row (seems nice) When I boarded there was a family of 15 with at least 8 kids from India. I was told there were no other seats available but after 8 hours of screams and people sleeping and crawling on me and other passengers getting upset they moved me to 1st class where there appeared to be several empty seats. After being lied to and putting up with sub-par food and no sleep the flight attendant moved me to avoid a scene. I would fly another airline next time even if it's a little more money.

China Airlines customer review :  24 March 2011 by Meldia Sofani   (Indonesia)

CGK-LAX-CGK, last time was not entirely satisfying. CGK-TPE was good with TV screen on the back seat though it was only 5 hours flight. I continued my 16 hours flight TPE-LAX with no TV screen on the back seat, and it was boring. China Airlines lounge in Taipei is good. Staff are friendly, good snacks and drinks. I count it as a compensation to my disappointment to long- hours flight with no TV screen.

China Airlines customer review :  21 March 2011 by E Fleck   (UK)

Supposed to fly LHR-TPE-SYD, flights changed at short notice to LHR-AMS-BKK-TPE-SYD adding 13 hrs to journey - no explanation. Given 45 hr trip with 11 hrs at Taipei : not good with 4 yr old and 9 yr old. Rice or noodles every meal - my kids didn't eat whole journey. On the plus side they did give us a complimentary hotel room in Taipei.

China Airlines customer review :  14 March 2011 by J Fox   (USA)

LAX-Taipei-Denpasar, traveling in Economy with an active three year old. We were given bulkhead seats before we got to the airport. Got to LAX, and was ushered to the almost non existent Business Class queue as I had a young child. My son was accompanied without this being requested by a friendly steward when we got on the plane as I had too much to carry (I took his FAA approved car seat with us). His kids meals arrived without prompting and were favorably received. On the Denpasar leg, I asked for his kids meal before they were being served as my son was hungry - it arrived two minutes later with a smile. We were also offered the choice of moving into an empty four seat section on this leg so that we could rest more comfortably. Throughout, the service was wonderful. Nothing seemed too much trouble. Plus, the flights were on time, the toilets were always clean, and the adult food was perfectly acceptable too.

China Airlines customer review :  8 March 2011 by J Barnes   (USA)

LAX - Hanoi via Taipei return Business Class. Overall, very good service at a very reasonable price. Service attentive (almost too attentive). Seats not lie-flat, but able to sleep on both trans-Pacific legs. Overall, service is very similar to US domestic business class at about half the cost. Would fly with them again at this level of pricing.

China Airlines customer review :  2 March 2011 by N Werner   (Switzerland)

TPE-PEK. Upgraded to Business Class at boarding as wanted some peace on this morning flight. Business class on B747-400 is sort of angled lie-flat but I would not be happy to spend 14h on a transpacific flight in one of those seats. Service polite and friendly and food is not bad. I could sleep a bit and I found the upper deck seats to be better and also the best seats are the ones in row 9. I was quite happy with this flight and think they are a good airline. Four star and no more though. Seat is really borderline for Business class.

China Airlines customer review :  28 February 2011 by P Olliver   (Australia)

Brisbane to Auckland. China Airlines have recently added this sector and are offering a full service flight at a very reasonable price, and flight times are excellent. A340 was spotless, on demand IFE was very good, meal was pretty good. Crew were very attentive, not a full trip probably only 60%.

China Airlines customer review :  16 February 2011 by P Cross   (UK)

Select Cabin

LHR-TPE return in business - rescheduled return via Frankfurt due to unexplained and unhelpful cancellation of original flight. Outbound crew excellent but food not as good as usual. Seats not lie-flat but fine for resting. Return service noticably poorer and dinner rushed on the basis that it was a night flight. Personally I expect the choice of a full or express service and had the same problem last time I flew this route. Overall a fair and pleasant business product for the price.

China Airlines customer review :  13 February 2011 by J W Russell   (UK)

LHR-TPE-SYD. Food, drink and service were good. Lounge at Taipei not brilliant but good enough. Priority baggage seemed to come off last for all of us that had a connecting flight in Taipei. Return flight arrives in TPE before anything opens and seemingly before any staff arrived - a nightmare working out where to go. Airline staff were very friendly, couldn't do enough for you.

China Airlines customer review :  31 January 2011 by S Lamontagne   (Canada)

Vancouver to Bali back and forth - no PTV on seats and old 747 aircraft. Even if it's 1500$ cheaper then flying other airlines I'll never fly with China airlines again.

China Airlines customer review :  26 January 2011 by A Starr   (Australia)

Sydney - Taipei - Vienna in Business. Stopped overnight at Sunmoon Lake, Taiwan to catch connected Vienna service. Flew CI last year and the service is still good. Qantas lounge in Sydney excellent, CI lounge in Taipei ok limited drinks and food. On board service good but they really need to review serving breakfast three hours before arrival in Taipei when the flight arrives at 4.10 am. This could have been done 1.5 hours prior. Would fly again if they keep the fares low and continue to offer the better airbus business class seats on the route that I wish to fly.

China Airlines customer review :  16 January 2011 by S Grant   (Australia)

Sydney-Taipei-Peking-Taipei-Sydney. I was impressed with service on the ground and onboard. The inflight service didn't have many 'trappings' (eg. no hot-towel before departure) as some airlines do, but was sincere with good interaction from flight attendants. Food was very tasty, and woolong tea was the great drink to wind up a meal. The downer was the limited leg room on the A330-300 between Sydney and Taipei, considering it was a long-haul night flight. The flights between Taipei and Peking were much more pleasant.

1 2 3 4 5