Cape Air Passenger Reviews and Cape Air Customer Trip Reports

Cape Air Passenger Trip Reviews

Cape Air Unclassified Star Ranking

Cape Air Passenger seat tips

Cape Air Economy class seat reviews

CAPE AIR Customer review :  26 July 2014 by R Carmi   (USA)

July 19 2014, departing Lebanon, NH. Flight 9K1872. I have never seen such a circus of inefficiency. Flew out of Lebanon New Hampshire where they departed 40 minutes late because that was how long it took them to pass 9 customers through security. Missed connection to my non-stop flight and now will spend the day flying from airport to get home late tonight. Avoid at all costs.

CAPE AIR Customer review :  17 March 2014 by D Ryan   (USA)

Sitting in Logan again, canceled flight to Bar Harbor due to "maintenance". Second time they've done this. First time I was the only one waiting for plane, this time its me and one other. They won't run for two people apparently. They loaded two other planes that had later departures than ours before canceling ours. I'm spending a vacation day at an airport. Should've taken a bus. I'd be there by now.

CAPE AIR Customer review :  23 December 2013 by I Russell   (USA)

I was supposed to fly from Kirksville to St. Louis hassle free, only an hour long flight. I show up to the airport and find out my flight has been cancelled. They could have notified me, the flight only has 9 people max on it. How hard would it have been to call and let us know so we could make other arrangements. I missed my connecting flight in St. Louis as well. Never again! Awful service, too much trouble, only driving to St. Louis from now on. Not recommending Cape Air to anyone!

CAPE AIR Customer review :  10 September 2013 by Jennifer Epelbaum   (USA)

I was bumped from a flight Rutland VT to Boston, and almost no effort was made by the person in charge to find a volunteer who could take a later flight. Be aware that they can bump people due to weight issues on the plane (people had a lot of luggage apparently, and I was told the flight would have been 80 pounds over the limit if the plane had flown with the normal number of passengers that day - they were not even overbooked). My understanding is there is no limit to their ability to bump for this reason, and they don't need to pay any compensation whatsoever. I was headed to Boston to make a connection to MN. The woman in charge seemed unconcerned, and thought that since she could fly me from a NH airport departing much later, and have me arrive in time to run to my connection, there was no harm done. I explained to her that I was sick and mobility and energy were issues, at that point she offered to set up a wheelchair for me in Boston. My experience with Cape Air tells me they are mostly nice people, but I would never rely on them again in any situation where arrival at destination on time is important. I should add they did offer me a free RT ticket on Cape Air (for use in the next year), but this is of no use to me since I would never fly Cape Air again.

CAPE AIR Customer review :  24 July 2013 by A Lovejoy   (Canada)

Returning home from Boston (to Ogdensburg), severe fog did not permit take-off of Cape-Air's small plane. Several people absolutely had to get home that night. Cape Air went above and beyond. They re-booked all of us on an outbound flight from Logan to Albany, then hired a driver in an uber-comfy shuttle van to drive everyone the rest of the way to Ogdensburg. Long journey and not quite what any of us was anticipating that day but cannot say enough about the service and kindness of the Cape Air staff.

CAPE AIR Customer review :  4 July 2013 by Steve Plogsted   (USA)

I had the first flight of the day and weather conditions did not hamper take off. Crew made no attempt to depart on time and left 25 minutes late causing me to miss connection costing me to add 9 hrs to my trip due to missed connection. The delays were strictly caused by the airline.

CAPE AIR Customer review :  11 June 2013 by Brenda Henderson   (USA)

I was informed that my flight from Boston to Rockland was cancelled, no reason given, no flight available for the next day. No compensation offered. No other transportation home was available at that hour. I was assisted in my wheelchair by a Logan airport employee to the ground transportation areas (after getting my bags) and waited for a hotel shuttle. The cheapest hotel available cost me $188 plus food for that evening and the next morning. Next morning I took the shuttle back to the airport so I could pay $46 to ride the bus to Rockland. Had this flight been cancelled in Rockland and I could not connect my flight in Boston I would have been out several hundred's of dollars and United will not give refunds. A last minute cancellation by Cape Air means a no call no show at United or whatever airline one might be flying with. Very costly trip. They tried to tell me they would help me out if that happened. It did happen from Boston to Rockland (just their ticket cost) and would do nothing for me.

CAPE AIR review :  30 May 2013 by L Myers   (USA)

STL-CGI. I was mortified when these people asked my weight, then had to weigh every bag in my possession. The flight down in the tiny plane was so bumpy, but that's not the airline's fault. I think I would rather drive from STL to CGI next time.

CAPE AIR review :  27 November 2012 by Paul Whiteley   (UK)

BHB-BOS. Cessna 402 aircraft. Online booking was fine, and check-in at BHB friendly and efficient. Interesting to see how every weight consideration had to be taken into account for the flight - obvious but something I've always taken for granted having not travelled on this small an aircraft previously. Full flight (9 adults, 1 child, pilot). Surprisingly comfortable ride at 3,000 feet, and landing as smooth as I've experienced. Great experience.

CAPE AIR review :  3 March 2012 by Kait Bar   (USA)

I have flown Cape Air several times due to convenience of location. Unfortunately, this airline has disappointed me every time: flight delays, cancellations, the airplane leaking fluids inside and dripping on me in flight, etc. They have cost me time, money, and a lot of stress.

CAPE AIR review :  1 August 2011 by Colin Stuart   (USA)

Most expensive but they advertise well. Flight delayed over an hour, pilot shows up enjoying a nice ice cream. Return flight pilot has 'car trouble' and the gate attendant leaves to go pick him up, so we missed our connecting flight. I suggest leaving a lot of extra time between connections if you plan to fly this airline. Nice planes though.

CAPE AIR review :  16 July 2011 by J Taylor   (USA)

PUB-DEN-BOS-RUT one way. The last leg was on Cape Air. Despite inconvenient location at BOS, service is friendly and small aircraft are abnormally comfortable; the seat in front of you has a shape similar and usable as a footrest. Service is wonderful, pilots crack jokes, you are greeted personally at check-in. At BOS, as I was boarding, I realized I had forgot my laptop in the terminal. I ran back up to get it and met the gate agent bringing it to me. When I arrived in RUT, it turned out my bag got lost. Despite the fact it was not at all their fault and that I could not provide them with any information, they tracked it down within the hour and had it delivered in 36 hrs. If Cape Air flew to destinations that allowed me to do so, I would go out of my way to fly with them.

CAPE AIR review :  31 January 2011 by N Francis   (UK)

MVY-BOS. Had to book fairly last minute and the fare was pretty reasonable. Check in staff friendly and professional at Martha's Vineyard, although you do have to jump on the scales as the aircraft is so small. All passengers taken onto tarmac just before the flight and the pilot 'balances' out the plane. If you're lucky, you'll get to sit up front and make the most of the view. Unfortunately I am neither blonde nor female, so I was out of luck on this occasion! Very quick hop over, and bags out within 10 minutes. Great experience, and extremely convenient.

CAPE AIR review :  5 July 2009 by Ron Miller   (USA)

PVC - BOS. Arrived at the airport a little over an hour before my scheduled departure and immediately placed on the flight about to depart. Short, 20 minutes from Provincetown to Boston, smiles all the way. A real treat compared to the "big boys".

CAPE AIR review : 24 April 2009 : by Roy Manry

Customer Rating : 4/5

4 Star Rating

SJU-EIS-SJU San Juan to Tortola on a Cesna 402. This is really a great flight! Lots of great island views in the Cesna. You see all the virgin Islands on your approach to the BVI. I put on my ipod, cranked up the Bob Marley and enjoyed the flight!

CAPE AIR review : 15 September 2008 : by Ron Miller

Customer Rating : 5/5

5 Star Rating

Boston to Provincetown return many time over this last summer. This is a wonderful airline. From the moment you make your reservation you actually feel like every employee you come into contact with cares about you. Granted, the planes are small - no inflight services since most of the flights are so short, but you feel important. Earlier this summer I experienced weather related delays and the gate staff at the Provincetown airport sent out for pizza to feed us on the ground while we waited for clearance to take off. I know of no other airline that still treats its customers with such genuine attention.