PAGE loading ... please wait!

Arik Air Passenger Reviews and Arik Air Passenger Trip Reports

ARIK AIR Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Tom Salisbury    (UK)

I recently flew business class from London to Lagos and then on to Asaba. I hadn't previously heard of Arik, usually preferring BA. However the Arik price was more than half the BA price and also had the guaranteed connections from Lagos. The business class product is impressive - the beds are better than BA and the cabin feels a lot more spacious (including a bar where you can go to sit). The cabin crew were also very friendly. The internal flights were both delayed because of the weather - this was dealt with well by the Arik staff. Though the inflight entertainment is not too good and the customer service is not quite up to the BA / Virgin standard I was still impressed with Arik and would certainly fly with them again.

ARIK AIR Customer review :  28 March 2014 by L Fisher    (USA)

I waited in Port Harcourt airport for 10 hrs for a flight, and we were never told a thing by Arik reps. The same I fly very frequently and I have not seen a worse airline. First you can't track the flights, which wouldn't be so bad if there were any employees or a desk to find out what is going on, but there isn't. In our case the flight was delayed 11 hrs. When we all showed up at the gate 11 hrs later our plane was no where to be seen and we waited with no information for another 2 hours. On our flight from NY to Lagos the planes air system was not switched on until we left the gate. The crew, at least in my section did a good job to take care of us. On our flight from Lagos, which was finally located and some crew from the airport loaded us on the plane, there was no water, soap or paper in the bathrooms. Half of the food was missing. On my return flight when I got to the airport I was told the connecting flight I was booked on does not even connect with the flight to NY in Lagos and doesn't leave for another 5 hours and that I could try again 2 days later but the same thing would probably happen. So they booked a flight connection that doesn't exist! I spent $1900 on a new flight out of SL on Brussels.

ARIK AIR Customer review :  13 February 2014 by D Hooper    (Australia)

I waited in Port Harcourt airport for 10 hrs for a flight, and we were never told a thing by Arik reps. The same story for the time the plane was arriving, and when it did arrive my Emirates flight had departed Lagos at 2130. I made it to Lagos at 1130 and had to change my flight and get a hotel. A poor excuse for an airline and customer relations is even worse. I came back into Lagos and got delayed by 3 hrs again coming to Port Harcourt.

ARIK AIR Customer review :  15 August 2013 by O Amahwe    (UK)

Return flight from Lagos, Nigeria to London, 13th July 2013. Departure was 3pm but didn't take off until 7pm. No information or explanation provided. Things got unbearable. Eventually, staff advised the delay was due to lack of aviation fuel. This only angered passengers even more as it was clear this was a lie and has now become the airline's only excuse for delayed flights! Destination was meant to be London, Heathrow but was informed just 20 mins to landing that it would be Gatwick. At this point, there was no holding back the passengers (most of which had young children), and most refused to come down from the plane until provisions were made to get all to Heathrow.

ARIK AIR Customer review :  2 August 2013 by Victoria Phillips    (USA)

July 3 2013. New York City to Lagos. When we landed in Lagos we were told to fill out an Immigration form only to find out that we didn't need to fill out the form because we were transiting. Then told to go and get our suitcases. Waited 2.5 hrs only to be told that our suitcase had already been put on another plane. July 24 2013. In Accra Ghana, told there was a delay on our flight to Lagos. Flight supposed to leave at 5.45pm, flight did not leave until 8.30pm. When we got to Lagos we sat in the airport for 6 hours with no explanation as to why we were still in the airport. Told that once again the plane did not have fuel. Finally allowed to board. Flight attendants rude and had a nasty attitude.

ARIK AIR Customer review :  16 July 2013 by E Ofori    (USA)

New York-Lagos-Accra return. The cabin crew was excellent. The Arik staff at Lagos airport were not the nicest people and they demanded money for everything. From Accra, my group and I checked in as a group without any problems, but because the folks in Nigeria wanted more Kobos and Nairas. In any case, this will be my last flight on Arik, unless major changes are made.

ARIK AIR customer review : 31 May 2012 by F Ogun   (USA)

Disappointment! This is my second time flying with Arik and service seems to have got worse. When I first travelled with Arik from NY to Lagos the television did not work on my flight there was a very nasty flight attendant, and when returning from Lagos to NY the televisions did not work again so I was stuck on an 11 hour flight with children that cried most of the flight. Attendants were much more pleasant. Now my flight has been delayed for the third time tonight by Arik without any explanations! No one seems to care about customers. I wish them the best and hope they improve but as for me this will be my last time flying with them!

ARIK AIR customer review : 28 May 2012 by L Williams   (USA)

Roundtrip from JFK to Lagos return to JFK last week. Although both flights left late, they arrived on time. Excellent business class service. Food and service was great, could not ask for any better service and flat beds afforded me a fine 8 hour nap both ways.

ARIK AIR customer review : 27 April 2012 by Abe Ayo   (UK)

No blankets provided until an 1hr into the flight, staff were rude and blanket tossed at us without any form of gesture. No headsets throughout the duration of the flight, expected to be staring at the screen without being able to listen. Over 3 toilets were out of service and toilets functioning were in a horrible state. When we pressed the call bell, cabin crews ignored them for close to an hour. Return flight delayed 3 hours in Lagos. TV screens were not working and again no headsets. We kept complaining to cabin crew who reset the TV however never came back to check if it had started working. Again, 2 of the toilets were also out of order. I believe this will be the last time I fly ARIK, that is how bad a service myself and my wife received on our recent trip to Lagos Nigeria and back to London UK.

ARIK AIR customer review : 7 March 2012 by A Euba   (UK)

Leg room on A340 gives a generous pitch and baggage allowance is a generous 30 kilos. Inflight entertainment was very poor. They didn't provide headphones, I was told the IFE did not work in some seats. Eventually, I was given headphones, and told to try my luck, quality was very poor. The food was very bland- and the portions small. I was within the first 20, and told the beef had run out. Crew, were polite enough but I didn't get the impression of being greatly experienced. Fly Arik if you want a comfortable seat and have a lot of luggage, if inflight entertainment, food, and service is important to you, stay well clear.

ARIK AIR customer review : 12 January 2012 by O Ogunbiyi   (USA)

Flew to Nigeria on Arik return. My flights were most disappointing in Premier Class (Business Class). The meals were not particularly appetizing. There a long stretch of time between the first meal and the last, the attendants refused to provide snacks to passengers who asked. They gladly offered alcoholic beverages but refused snacks. The entertainment system in the premier compartment (for a 13 hour flight) was not working. Given the cost of the flight, the overall poor service, this experience lead me to the decision to stop flying Arik Air. On arrival at both destinations, my luggage which was tagged with "Priority" labels but were among the last pieces off luggage to exit the plane.

ARIK AIR customer review : 1 January 2012 by S Wilson   (Australia)

London Heathrow to Lagos in Business. From check-in to arrival staff were very good. Arik offers entry to the Skyteam Lounge at Heathrow T4. Cabin crew on the Airbus A340 were friendly, welcoming and took care of passengers. Aircrafts are modern and the cabins look new. Their premium product has full flat bed seats and duvets and large screens for inflight entertainment. Food is of a high standard of quality and presentation, and again, the cabin crews' attitude surpassed some of the major airlines. A a spacious lounge and bar on the plane is available for premium passengers. The flight arrived in Lagos 30 minutes early.

ARIK AIR customer review : 7 December 2011 by M Richmond   (Nigeria)

Arrived at Cotonou airport for flight from Cotonou to Lagos at 04.20 hours. Flight scheduled at 06.20. The flight was cancelled but the truly dreadful thing was that passengers were informed by airport security. No representative from Arik Air bothered to appear at the airport to make alternative arrangements for passengers. I was forced to hire a driver at short notice to drive me to Lagos and inevitably missed my onward connection. Customer service about as bad as it is possible to imagine.

ARIK AIR customer review : 20 July 2011 by Hannie Gamalen   (Netherlands)

We have flown Martinair 3 times to Orlando. We have chosen Martinair because they are cheap and are the only one flying non-stop to Orlando. However, it's a pity that you have to pay for personal entertainment in Economy whereas in the Comfort Class it's free. Further more the cabin crew on these flights were very helpful.

ARIK AIR customer review : 12 July 2011 by H Walls   (UK)

I have just returned from a trip to Lagos Nigeria, in Economy Class from Heathrow. I can not fault the aeroplane, there was lots of leg room (and my partner and I are not short at 5ft10 and 6ft2), good entertainment selection and plenty of food and drink throughout the journey. All the staff were welcoming and the plane was clean. My only complaint would be that both food options on the way out were spicy Nigerian dishes (but this is only because I am fussy, if you like spicy food you will love the selection), however on the way back there was a non spicy dish, which was lovely. I would not hesitate to fly with Arik again.

ARIK AIR customer review : 30 June 2011 by C A Dele   (UK)

I have flown Arikair (both long & short haul) a few times now and got mixed experiences. The not so good experience was with the ground staff at Lagos in May 2010 when I was harassed & dispossessed of expensive perfume bottles (50mls each) with contents even less. I wrote a letter of complaint but never got a reply. Generally, the services are fair but lack of online checking and ineffective communication has let it down. I can also observe that the aircrafts are flown 1/2 or less full most of the time and wonder why prices are still up.

ARIK AIR customer review : 3 May 2011 by P Fisher   (Nigeria)

Arik Air seem to have no idea of what customer service means, and how their scheduling problems adversely affect the lives of their passengers. Arik Air schedule a return flight from Accra to Lagos for 1745. the flight almost never leaves Accra before 2100 (Accra Time), which means that you arrive in Lagos at 2330 at the earliest (there are instances of the passengers finding themselves going home from the airport at 2am (Lagos time). So a journey that is supposed to be a 45min flight now becomes 6 hours, with no consideration of customer comfort from the airline. On the evening flight from Lagos to Accra I have experienced similar delays (with no information coming from the Arik ground Staff) for almost 3hours. I had to call the Arik Reservations line to get information repeatedly. In Accra no information is given on the delay, no provision is made from refreshments or for the comfort of Arik passengers, and on top of that you get treated like a nuisance because, you have to ask repeatedly on the status of the flight, as no information is given either over the information system or by Arik Ground staff.

ARIK AIR customer review : 3 April 2011 by M Lambek   (USA)

Purchased round trip tickets from to Dakar to Freetown. Dakar to Freetown flight was 2 hours late. Our ticket for the Freetown to Dakar flight said Wednesday, but when we went to the airport Wednesday morning, we were told that our flight left the day before. We inquired at the Freetown office, and they told us that they switched the day of that flight 6 months prior! Dakar office had sold us a ticket for a flight that did not exist! That left us to scramble and buy a ticket from another airline to make our connecting flight home. Not much of an apology either. If travelling in Africa, you can expect more professionalism from a minibus driver, and less snooty attitude too.

ARIK AIR customer review : 1 March 2011 by R Sanomi   (UK)

We were due to travel from Abuja to London on 25 February - 3 days before we were notified the flight had been cancelled due to unscheduled maintenance. We attended their offices the following day and received the worst kind of customer service. Indifferent attitudes and a total lack of customer care. They couldn't tell us when next they were due to fly to London from Abuja. Neither could they arrange for us to take a flight from Lagos to London on Friday due to lack of information. It was as if no one knew what was going on and no one was bothered to find out on our behalf. They made it seem like it was our fault that the flight was cancelled and made no attempts to offer a rescheduled flight. Out of frustration we were forced to buy another ticket from another airline. To make it worse, they are now refusing to provide us with a refund.

ARIK AIR customer review : 13 December 2010 by R Williams   (UK)

Lagos to London. Thhe worst flight I have taken. Boarding delayed by 1 hour due to technical difficulties. When we did board there was no air conditioning and the cabin was unbearably hot. It was left for passengers to get water from the galley which was not freely offered. An announcement was then made that our direct flight would be stopping in Abuja to collect more passengers which resulted in what can only be described as a riot amongst the passengers. The cabin crew were incapable of dealing with the situation as passengers charged up and down the cabin changing seats and classes at will. After a further hour on the ground it took members of the public to pacify the passengers begging with them to return to their seats over the intercom. Eventually we did take off for the short flight to Abuja. On landing we were forced to sit for a further 2 hours without air conditioning and forced to sit through further unrest whilst the cabin crew watched on. At one stage they even threatened to leave the aircraft. Refuelling took a long, long time. At this point we had still had no food and were helping ourselves to drinks. We landed in London 5.5 hours late with lame apologies and little remorse from the airline no help from ground staff with missed onward connections. I will never use Arik again.

ARIK AIR customer review : 2 December 2010 by M Danley   (USA)

Dakar to Freetown return, the flight was okay, but the airline purposefully cheated us on purchasing the ticket in Dakar - and the return flight from Freetown was late in arriving, spent more time than necessary on a stop-over in Banjul. Bottom line, the service was marginally acceptable, plane was modern - but they seem to be scam artists when it comes to ticketing. I would not fly Arik unless there is no other alternative.

ARIK AIR customer review : 3 November 2010 by D Davis   (UK)

The worst airline I have ever flown. Nice new aircraft (ex Kingfisher Airlines) but nothing works - including the crew. Flight was 2 hours late and the service was very poor for an airline that markets itself as 'World Class'. I went to ask for water and the Cabin Crew was asleep.

ARIK AIR customer review :  29 April 2010 by M Baughman   (USA)

Lagos to JFK Business Class. New A340, the seat was lay flat and fairly spacious. Cabin almost empty while Economy was full. Even so, the crew had trouble remembering to bring my food and never got around to headphones. The food they remembered to bring was fair to good. In seat power made up for thin AVOD so one could watch computer movie. Seat controls a bit contrived but functional. Arik was only airline in Lagos to take a credit card, even though the purchase process was painful. Check in very confused, but that seems to be the Lagos airport staff. Still, a better experience than the US airlines international service.

ARIK AIR customer review :  17 January 2010 by John Lundquist   (Belgium)

Have flown several times between Lagos domestic (Old terminal) and Warri. Flights on time and flight attendants attentive and friendly. Be warned that you'll have to hunt down your gate at Lagos if you want to be sure of catching your flight. It's not unusual for staff to just wander off, for no announcements to be made and for passengers to be running across the runway at the last minute with their baggage in hand. On one occasion, a Dutch wetlease service was used from Warri to Lagos, older but it was a comfortable plane with one Dutch and one Nigerian FA, both friendly and professional. The safety briefing was even done a second time as one passenger point blank refused to pay attention the first time and wouldn't remove their earphones. Food onboard constituted a carton of five alive juice and either a pain au chocolate or the standard Nigerian mystery meat pasty. Good luck with that one. Security at Warri as corrupt as anywhere else in Nigeria. Despite the airport being funded by Shell don't expect any special attention if you work for them though here they are particularly aggressive rather than the usual passive begging.

ARIK AIR customer review :  8 November 2009 by Daniel O'Donoghue

Trip Rating : 7/10

Heathrow - Lagos, and Lagos - Banjul. Very positive experience on every flight - both in economy and business (premier) class. LHR-LOS service excellent, new aircraft, flat beds in premier class - fares are more reasonable than BA and Virgin Atlantic. The issue is with their booking arrangements - you can make a reservation option online, but then have to telephone to confirm and pay for the flight by phoning their London office (in my case). Also, a lot of UK travel agents have difficulty booking Arik Air flights.

ARIK AIR customer review :  5 January 2008 : by Kingsley Utande

Trip Rating : 2/10

Flown with them severally especially on the ABV-CBQ, ABV-ENU, ABV-BNI and occasional ABV-LOS route and there is still a lot to be done with regards to their customer service. Their ticketing and reservations (you can't purchase online unlike VK and AJ) systems leave a lot to be desired. Its usually chaotic at the purchase points and the ground staff are more concerned with barking orders at intending passengers. The inflight service is a continuation of what obtains on ground. Its a real shame for an airline that has such competent pilots and excellent equipment. They have to improve their act because in Nigeria they are becoming a byword for poor customer service and that has started affecting passenger loads. I only fly them because they offer direct flights to my major areas of operation.