Air Canada rouge Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

Air Canada rouge
1.0 Star Rating: Very poor

1 2 3 4

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by D Hiebert    (Canada)

I might as well join the ranks of most of the reviewers, Travel AC1810, 29 Nov, YYZ-CUN, B767 and AC1813, 6 Dec, CUN-YYZ, A319. Both flights on time, Inflight service about the same as AC mainline, Inflight entertainment, not bad, but content very dated. Seat comfort - B767 leg room about the same as a lot of Westjets B737, A319 leg room, my wife is 5',6", she didn't enjoy the return flight at all, I" 6',4' and scored the 18F emergency exit window (no 17F in front of you) so legroom wasn't an issue with me this time, if I haven't been able to score 18F, I know I would have been in for a world of pain. The seat has very little padding and the front on the seat is angled down, so you feel like you could slide off the seat. As for recommending to others, if you are travelling to a Sun Spot for holidays, you have very little choice for a comfortable non stop flight these days on any Canadian carriers. The trend is squeezing more seats on an aircraft world-wide and passenger comfort is impacted.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by McLelland Lauryn    (Canada)

Air Canada Rouge is a service that should be eliminated. I paid for a preferred seat on a flight from Toronto Ontario to Liberia Costa. The seat was cramped and I am average weight at 5'7". There are only 3 sandwich offerings of which they ran out of one before the flight was a third complete. If you need to use the toilet facilities it is difficult as the carts were frequently in the aisles blocking the access to the only bathrooms at the rear of the plane. When I asked if I could use the toilet in the Premium section, I was told I had to wait until the beverage service was complete in my section. When the attendant was not looking, I used the Premium toilets. The fact that you must use your own devices to watch movies is the biggest money extraction ploy. There were no plugs to recharge devices. Staff were pleasant but working in difficult circumstances. Never will I use this service again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by J Holm    (Canada)

My husband I recently flew on Rouge YYC-LAS return. We were, to this point, both loyal AC customer and my husband is Super Elite. Air Canada Rouge is a step back air travel! The seats are cramped, my husband is 5'10" and his knees were touching the seat in front of him. And that was without them reclining! The flight was very cramped and uncomfortable. I cannot imagine a long haul flight with this airline. Well in fact we won't do it. The entertainment system is terrible, a bunch of old movies I have already seen. Doesn't even come close to Air Canada's system. I will not fly Rouge again, it is a discount airline that costs the same. And they just announced Air Canada is rolling out domestic Rouge flights from YYC. VERY disappointing. Guess we will be flying WestJet a lot more from now on.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by J Lawson    (Canada)

This airline demonstrates that it is a race to the bottom. I flew from Calgary to Vancouver on a regular AC flight - fine - I had 6 inches between my knees and the seat in front. From Vancouver to San Francisco my knee was jammed into the wire support for the magazine holder attached to the seat in front. Why? This was not a leisure trip - it was business - and I booked on AC.com not Rouge.com. I could not open my laptop. I got a water about 2 hours in when we stared the descent. Air Canada did have a little Rouge Logo on next to the flight. I will be avoiding that logo in the future. The upbeat uniforms and the Fedora made me even more annoyed.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Michael Davies    (UK)

Manchester - Toronto. This is without doubt the worst airline in the world. And its up against some pretty stiff competition such as Ryanair, Air Asia and Spirit. I am now reluctant to use the brilliant main line Air Canada just in case they change the route to a Rouge. I hope the executives see the reviews - they have created a dreadful airline and I wonder how long it will be until this airline is wound up.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Bob Harrison    (USA)

While the services associated with flying have been going downhill in the US, I just can't believe the return flight I had from Phoenix to Toronto. I am 5' 11" and I had zero leg room on my flight. There were other passengers around me who were all looking bewildered and as a group the feeling was "really". So after we boarded they started playing up the rental revenue pitch for iPADS and the app they have for watching on your personal device, but here is a clue AC. Why not make an announcement in the terminal area before the flight so you can download the app that you need to watch on your personal device. Absolutely nothing positive about this airline. They were not less expensive and cattle are treated with more respect. I will never fly Air Canada again because of this experience.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by John A March    (Canada)

Having Just flown Air Canada Rouge Toronto to Dublin Ireland I would comment that the seats are much smaller than normal Air Canada flights. The seat padding is non existent, there is no entertainment unless you have an apple device, no other devices work and given that android is at least 1/2 of the market they should also work. Generally I will never fly Rouge or for that matter Air Canada again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by J Bruce    (Canada)

Kahului, Maui to Vancouver. Flight 1828 on Dec 4. We booked a regular AC flight. It was changed to Rouge. It was without a doubt the worst flight we have had and we fly quite often. The seats are hard. The seat recline is negligible. We are tall (6'4") and it was impossible to sit with knees forward. The plane was very noisy. We had another flight booked with regular AC which was also changed to Rouge. I cancelled and received a full refund.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by T Domenici    (Canada)

We flew to Rome in September on AC and were booked on AC Rouge out of Venice. We assumed that Rouge was just a marketing gimmick. Were we wrong. Upon boarding the new 767 we all thought our 9 hour flight to Toronto would be relaxing. Then we got under way and the surprises kept coming. Cramped seats, barely recognizable food, no monitors for entertainment. The stewardesses took the brunt of criticism for AC Rouges lack of communicating that, in fact, ACR is actually a no frills carrier. Not cheaper but "no frills". Add to that $ 6.50 for a warm, 4 oz. white wine and $ 10.00 for an Ipad and you get the feeling that perhaps Rouge should re-think a strategy that will cost them customers.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Peter Judd    (Canada)

My wife and I flew to Phoenix, mid November on Rouge. It was our first experience with Rouge, not by choice, and it will be the last. We flew about 5 hours each way sitting in very cramped conditions, very little room when trying to walk down the aisle (passengers are not going to get out of that plane in an emergency situation) and a pathetic entertainment system. My wife found she could not turn the pages of her magazine as it lay on the table without hitting the seat back because it was so close to her. It was an almost impossible task to try to reach down to grab a bag under the seat. Flight crew did not address my concerns that I voiced twice, assuring me they would come back, that the seat if front of me was fully reclined (which isn't much with Rouge by the way) during landing giving me almost no space between me and the setback. My wife and I agree that we will make sure we do not fly Rouge again, flying the competition instead.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by D Christie    (Canada)

Aeroplan member since 1987. Went out of my way to fly AC (even if it was a few $$ more). It's now done. AC Rouge from Las Vegas to YYZ. Full disclosure, we "lucked into" front row of economy with 35" seat pitch so was not too bad, however looking at those crammed into 29" pitch seats made me squirm. There are plenty of other options at the same price. After 25 loyal years I will now go out of my way to avoid AC.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by B Davis    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

I had my first experience on AC Rouge this week with a flight to, and then return from, Las Vegas. I am a very frequent flier, almost exclusively with AC logging about 75 flights per year. Business class pretty much all the time because of upgrades. Wow, this was an unpleasant surprise. Horrible seating-cramped with marginal width in the seat and little leg room. Old planes I guess so the lack of quality in flight entertainment (iPads with video choices matching the age of the planes). All this for the price of regular AC Business Class! I will never fly Rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by S David    (Canada)

YYZ-MCO is a new low for Air Canada. This is a flight that is filled with parents and children headed to the wonderful world of Orlando and most of them have come to expect the TVs and other amenities to be a part of AC flights. That is no longer the case - no TVs, no plugs and no leg room leads to a very uncomfortable flight for all. I'm a AC super elite passenger and do anything I can to avoid taking the rouge flight including driving 3 hours to Fort Lauderdale to catch the AC proper flight.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Fagan Greg    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

While the service is similar to a regular Business Class flight on Air Canada the seating is in no way business or premium. The seats are narrow with limited leg room - there is no arm rest or power outlets. The large pillows you receive take up the centre seat as a business traveler if I pay more and I expect more from Air Canada.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Clifford Lax    (Canada)

Rouge is to be avoided whenever possible. I have travelled both in Economy and in their "Premium Class" which is the same economy seat with the middle seat left unsold. A few inches greater leg room but with a huge increase in price. Air Canada has made a huge miscalculation.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 December 2014 by M Mosher    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Toronto to Phoenix in Premium Rouge and was was very disappointed with the quality of this section. Instead of wider seats, the seats are three across with middle seat blocked. I'm not impressed with the iPad entertainment system either. On other AC flights, one can start watching a movie while still on the ground. In this case we were several minutes in the air before getting the iPad. The selection of movies and TV programs was poor and not to my taste at all. The staff were friendly but were absent a lot. I will avoid Air Canada Rouge in the future.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 December 2014 by R K Englehart    (Canada)

Flew from Honolulu to Vancouver AC Rouge Nov. 29th 2014. This was a very disappointing flight for many of the following reasons. Changed our tickets from AC to AC Rouge. No leg room and we are not tall. Seats uncomfortable. I completely froze all night long. I requested a blanket and they said yes for eight dollars. No entertainment unless you pay ten dollars for an iPad, unable to see the safety demo.. Unable to sleep as crew in seat behind us talked and laughed all night. We will not fly AC Rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 December 2014 by C Petersen    (Canada)

Recent flight on Air Canada rouge was terrible. The seats were so uncomfortable and narrow. The "new" entertainment they couldn't get working. This flight was terrible and unfortunately I have three more flights booked with them. My mother was in Premium Rouge and the seats weren't much wider and yet they charge hundreds more. My advise is don't waste your money. Pick another option any option is better than Air Canada rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 December 2014 by J Longo    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Paid extra for premium seats which were no better than economy on a regular flight. Leg room was horrible. Service from attendants was the worse I have had on any flight ever! The worst thing of all is that now flying direct from Toronto to Vegas, this is all I can get unless I take the red eye. These flights should only be flying locally and no more than 1.5 hr flights.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Gordon Jeffrey Parks    (Canada)

Less for more. London(ON)-Toronto-Tampa return on Rouge. Small seats and no screens so it was impossible to see the safety demonstration. 3 cabin crew who were expected to serve close to 200 passengers. On the way down one toilet was closed and on the way back one toilet had no water for washing but the crew had thoughtfully put a few packs of handwipes in the toilet. Drinks while going up in price arrived pre-poured not cans of mix and miniatures.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  4 December 2014 by S Kelly    (Canada)

I couldn't care less if the flight attendants are happy or sad or dressed like an 80's boy band. I also couldn't care less about the inflight entertainment or the food they serve. However I do expect a comfortable seat. At 6'2, 200 lbs I was unable to move my legs throughout the flight. My knees were firmly lodged into the seat in front of me as well as a metal armrest on the widow side. I couldn't utilize the space under the seat for extra leg room because the pitch of the seats. It was without a doubt the most uncomfortable flight I have ever had to endure. Luckily the couple in front of me (the gentleman was also jammed into his seat) looked back and we're horrified by how I was crammed into the seat and didn't recline their seat back otherwise It would have been unbearable. My flight was only 2.5 hour so I can't even fathom being on a 6 or 8 hour flight with this airline. I have always been a big fan of Air Canada but I will never, I repeat never, fly Rouge again even if I was given tickets.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  4 December 2014 by C Barre    (Canada)

With Air Canada Rouge, the travel experience has been taken to a new low. We had the unfortunate experience of flying with them to Barcelona and will never travel with them again. The planes are old. I paid extra to get an exit row and was still beyond cramped. The inflight entertainment (an extra cost requiring you rent an iPad from them) features third run movies and old television series. The food is tepid and the planes desperately needed to be cleaned. Whatever you do avoid this airline.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  1 December 2014 by A Mitchell    (Canada)

YYZ-LAS return. I have been a loyal AC customer and Super Elite. Air Canada Rouge is a step back in customer service and flight comfort. The seats are cramped and uncomfortable. A four hour flight and one cup of cold tea, regular flights on AC the service is night and day. I will not fly Rouge again, the price of a ticket is not a bargain. Extremely disappointing.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  1 December 2014 by R Sawyer    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

YYZ-MCO return. Service and food were up to mainline AC business class standards, however the seats were regular Rouge but with a much better seat pitch. Since they do not sell the middle seat, I see no reason why they could not go the extra mile and have wider seats. All the privileges of AC Business class: free checked bags, priority boarding, Maple Leaf Lounge access, priority security at MCO all made it worth the extra cost, which was not too excessive. Not particularly impressed with the iPad entertainment system, but it worked and there was a reasonable choice of things to watch. This is by far the only way to survive Rouge. I looked back to the cheap seats and it looked awful: an impression confirmed by some who traveled back there. Not up to AC Business Class, mainly due to the poor seating, but acceptable for a relatively short flight.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  1 December 2014 by Byers Martha    (Canada)

As a paraplegic, I have no complaints about how the airline handled me. I have flown Air Canada for years and all that has come to a stop, I flew AC 1891 on October 25th 2014. Tampa to Toronto. While I do not fault the airline for its taking off late, (was boarded first 30 minutes late) As a result of rainy weather (I assume), we sat waiting on the runway for an hour. Once we did take off, there was one food cart, don't order food, as I have found all the items disgusting (especially the veggie wrap). They also had one beverage cart. Food cart came first. I like to have a glass of wine or at least water while I fly. One hour and ten minutes in to the flight I was finally offered a beverage. I am 5 ft 4 and 125 pounds and I was packed in to the seat. If you are over 5 ft 9 I would not book AC rouge. There was zero entertainment on board. As I am accustomed to watching a film when I fly, I did not bring reading material. No TV. No music, no view, nothing. Also to add insult to injury, I flew AC rouge last time, business class and don't bother. Seats are three across with a pillow in the middle seat. The seats are not comfortable and the price outrageous!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  1 December 2014 by J Grodzki    (USA)

Flew from Vancouver to Honolulu on what I thought was Air Canada but was, instead, Rouge. It was the most uncomfortable flying experience I've had in years of travel on many airlines. Checking in at Vancouver International was handled by Air Canada ground staff in the usual courteous and efficient way, but when boarding the aircraft I was surprised to see the flight attendants dresses in their ridiculous uniforms and hats and the drab decor of the aircraft. I squeezed into my seat and soon realized the next six hours were going to be an ordeal. Are you kidding me? I am very average, slim, 6 feet in height, and I could not sit in my seat with my knees in front of me. The seats are hard, barely recline, and are immensely uncomfortable. The flight attendants were pleasant when they were around. No entertainment, cramped seats beyond description made for a very long six hours. I am very disappointed to learn that Rouge is taking over all flights to Honolulu. This move by Air Canada is a terrible business decision. I will book with any other airline other than Rouge in the future. Never again Rouge!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  1 December 2014 by J Austin    (Canada)

Air Canada Rouge is an experiment that has to go away. I flew from Toronto to Phoenix and at 5' 10" was crammed into my seat with absolutely no leg room. The service was horrendous and many 'customers' of Air Canada were more than unhappy after the five hour flight. The wifi entertainment system, complete with antiquated movies and shows, was intermittent and froze at regular intervals.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  25 November 2014 by Janelle Lise    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

I have had the unfortunate experience of having no choice but to have to fly with Air Canada 'Rouge'. Trying to make a more uncomfortable way of flying, just as expensive as before sound 'cool'. I am a frequent flyer with Air Canada but I am seriously considering not flying with them anymore because of these new ways of trapping us. I am supposed to be flying to Maui in January and they get you because you have no choice but to fly Rouge for the last long leg of the journey from the west coast to Hawaii. I have flown premium (which was really not premium at all from the USA with not even a meal or drinks and I have flown economy, which is smarter because you don't get much difference for how much more you have to pay.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  25 November 2014 by M Smith    (Canada)

This is the worst ever airline I have had the misfortune of flying. My husband didn't even have enough room to sit with his legs in the seat. He is 6'3". Had to sit with his legs in the aisle. The seats have a slant so that you cannot sit comfortably. The seat in front of us was in our face it is so close. This flight to Europe had food that made plastic taste good. Breakfast! A joke. There is absolutely no entertainment? Well, unless you wanted to rent an iPad. If I could rate less than one star, I would.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  20 November 2014 by M Jorgenson    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Flight 1914/1915, Sep 2014. Air Canada rouge is the worst experience I've had on an airline. I am a loyal Air Canada customer and have been flying with "status" for over 12 years, and just recently flew Toronto-Barcelona in their "premium economy". The seats are incredibly hard, close together and barely recline. The service is both minimal and terrible with undertrained staff who have to read the "directions" out of a book when they do the announcements. They barely served the economy customers at all, and spent most of their time in the front. I will choose another airline rather than fly Rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Shoshana Orner    (Canada)

October 5, AC 1900. I was flying from Toronto to Athens and I can only eat kosher food. When I booked, I made sure to tick off that I needed kosher food and I called the day before my flight to confirm. Yet, when I got on the plane, they had no kosher food to speak of for me. The stewardess was completely cold and didn't even attempt to make any accommodations. I was very upset because I had a 12 hour stopover in Athens with no food, on top of a 10-hour flight. I was very unimpressed.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  20 November 2014 by R McLaughlin    (Canada)

We flew Toronto to Dublin, when booking the flight it was simply Air Canada, it wasn't until we were boarding we saw the air hostesses wearing those ridiculous trilby hats that I realised something wasn't quite right. Safe to say the worst flight I have been on. Very unprofessional staff, the food was cold and horrible. Neither me nor my boyfriend ate it. The planes are very cramped and the seats are terribly uncomfortable. I definitely would not recommend them for a long haul flight. I paid $1200 to be squished in a seat for almost 8 hours with a rented tablet and a headphone dock that didn't work. Also, when you usually travel with any airline you expect a certain level of professionalism in how the staff not only act but how they dress, Air Canada Rouge staff look very scruffy. Shirts untucked, unbuttoned, as I said ridiculous hats, just not what you would usually expect-but maybe that last part is just me!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Cox Robert    (Canada)

Very surprised, wrote a negative review just a few months ago. Took same flight in November and it has changed very much for the better. New aircraft, 767, great leg room (was my biggest beef in first review), very comfortable flight. Crew were professional, plane was on time, and the plane was in GREAT shape. They honoured seat selection and made check in easy. We enjoy going to Cancun a few times each winter and I am glad they changed the leg room for better.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Niwa Greg    (Canada)

A319, YYC to LAS return - the most uncomfortable aircraft I have ever flown in. With my seat back upright and the person in front of me reclined it 13 inches from his seatback to my nose - you don't have to think too hard to guess what the leg room was like. It amazes me to what lengths these airlines go in cramming seats into claustrophobia situations and people just take it.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Nott Sonya    (Canada)

My husband is just over 6 feet tall. Not abnormally tall for a man. He had the centre seat in economy and he was not able to sit with his knees in front of his body. I can't believe that air travel has stooped to such an amazing low. We flew home from San Francisco - not even a candy to pass around the cabin. Pretty sad and cheap. The staff, while pleasant enough, couldn't rattle off the safety spiel fast enough. I really do despair at how low air travel has fallen. Maybe the price does need to go up because this competitive cheap pricing just makes me want to spend any vacation I have at home.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Laarni Hall    (Canada)

By far the most uncomfortable flight I've experienced! Flew to Phoenix and back on same plane last week. Not much leg room. Tough to get out. Didn't recline seat because it will give rear passenger even less space. Felt bad for people above 5' and people with disabilities. Entertainment not worth it. Movies were outdated. Won't fly Air Canada if this is their new way of flying. Will go for West Jet!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  17 November 2014 by Jon Walker    (Canada)

Very disappointed with Air Canada Rouge. I thought that after reading the negative reviews online before our travels, it would surely not be that bad, but alas, our experience was as disappointing as the many previous reviews. If you are hoping that Rouge will 'get you into the mood' for your vacation, then you should seriously think about choosing a different carrier. Flew YYZ to LAS on Nov 6th 2014 on a 767. Nothing has been updated on this aircraft, except for the new thinner seats. Leg space is inadequate. The carpet looked like it had not been cleaned. Reading lights did not work, and after asking two crew members why not, the response was 'not sure'. The poor people in the rows ahead reading lights stayed on the entire flight, and could not be turned off. Inflight movie and TV selection is very poor, and only available on your mobile device, otherwise $10 to rent an iPad. Being a proud Canadian, this is not an airline that makes me proud at all. A Star Alliance member offering this product, really? You can do better. I will certainly not book on Air Canada Rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  17 November 2014 by Jo-Anne Gagner    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Paid for first class but we just had an empty seat between my husband and I. We feel like we were mislead and very dissatisfied with the quality of the service. Letting me use an ipad for a few hours was not worth the extra hundred's of dollars.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  17 November 2014 by A Trites    (Canada)

The worst long distance flight I have experienced - Toronto to Venice (flew Air Canada from Vancouver to Toronto). The trip from Toronto could not have been more unpleasant from staff to seating, entertainment and meals. Unable to see steward giving safety information (no video equipment). Dinner was delivered, consisting of pasta which had freezer burn with a tough and flavourless beef stew on top. No choices. Drinks were not offered. Managed to get some water. Breakfast was 1/2 piece of banana loaf. Coffee came in tiny cups - no refills ever offered even after request. Seats cramped - no personal control of air conditioning, etc. Very cold in our section. If I had wanted to watch anything I would have had to rent an I-pad for $10, since I do not own one. Crew seemed to do a required task and then totally disappear. They were not, in any way gracious, or helpful. My carry on was specifically purchased to meet all the restrictions of this flight but could not fit either under the seat or in the overhead bin. I could have done this flight on another airline and wish to heaven I had - the cost would have been the same or at most only very little more. Never again! I have tried, over the years, to be a supporter of Air Canada and although I have had some flights which were less than advertised, this one was unbelievably awful and Air Canada does not deserve any kudos for their 'discount' (not) airline!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  12 November 2014 by P Gallagher    (Ireland)

Dublin to Toronto return. Okay the seats aren't the most comfortable in the world, too thin and seem to lean slightly too far forward but otherwise I had no issues and my back survived both ways. There is less space overall on the plane compared to other transatlantic flights but I was still able to get up and walk around. I was aware before hand that you needed an iPad to watch the inflight entertainment so I had books etc with me instead. The food is the best airline food I've had on any flight. The staff were pleasant and polite and in dealing with one passenger, with special needs on the return flight, were the best I've seen on any airline. I would fly with them again. In addition, unlike certain airlines - the staff were up and down the aisles frequently with extra water for passengers.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  12 November 2014 by R Paquette    (Canada)

Hands down the worst airline I've ever flown on. I spent $1000 (hardly low cost) to fly one way from Las Vegas to Toronto and even at 5'8 this is beyond uncomfortable, I felt like the person in front of me was sitting on my lap and I could not even open my computer on the table. The service is similar to going into a restaurant where they are on day one of training. As a Super Elite member I truly hope Air Canada rethinks this strategy or they are certain to lose business travellers. I hear they are going to Vancouver/Calgary now as well, I am not sure how those are vacation destinations.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  12 November 2014 by Trent Colette    (Canada)

I flew from Montreal to Barcelona on October 8. The seats were so uncomfortable. Not having a screen is really unpleasant since the space is so limited that even holding an iPad becomes difficult. The hot meal was quite good although it is really trimmed down to the bare essentials. Cheap cellophane wrapped piece of cake that is meant to be breakfast! Were is the juice? The yogurt? The fruit? Really pitiful. I will not fly Rouge again if I can help it.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  12 November 2014 by M Mannila    (Canada)

YEG-BCN. Return flight late - 8 hours. Service poor - lack of professionalism, no attention to detail. International flight and I had to pay for wine with a poor dinner. Poor selection of entertainment and tiny seats.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 November 2014 by J Berliner    (Canada)

Toronto to Athens in July 2014. Narrow , hard and uncomfortable seats. Only older movies available on the in flight entertainment system using your own ipad. Cost of flight was comparable to going Air Canada and Lufthansa or Aegean with a connection, so Rouge is definitely not a low cost airline. Not sure what AC's strategy is .Only benefit was that it was a direct flight, rather than having to connect. Would not fly Rouge again, other than perhaps on a 3 hour flight to Florida. Never again on a long haul flight.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 November 2014 by Marian Wadhams    (Canada)

Oct 19 - Toronto-Dublin, Flight 1908. Oct 31 - Dublin-Toronto - Flight 1909. Outbound flight was not very pleasant, staff didn't seem to care. Food was terrible. Terminal One not user-friendly, i.e. very little staff presence to assist with machines and gate direction. Was sent all around the terminal to another security checkpoint - by most unfriendly personnel who were quite impatient. Shops are very high end and expensive. Range from a glorified newsagent to Gucci and Victoria Secret shops. Other terminals have good quality T-shirts, sweat shirts, souvenirs, etc. at reasonable prices. I paid $15 for a small glass of wine. Absolutely ridiculous! Inbound flight was entirely different. Staff was very friendly, helpful and cheerful. Food wasn't too bad - but not the greatest. Noticed flight attendants were more on the ball and seemed to enjoy their work. An opportunity for In Flight Duty Free Shopping would have been nice.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Athar Afzal    (Canada)

First time on AC Rouge on March 2014. At check-in the kiosk wasn't working when I placed my CC in for the extra bag, had to queue which had only 1 agent for everybody - later I found out the kiosks weren't working for anybody. At check-in the agent told me I have a standby boarding pass and the 'SSSS' on it means that I had been randomly selected for extra scrutiny. At the gate the agent called me up and gave me a seat and I asked may I have another she ignored the inquiry and said that's the only one and walked away rudely. My seat in the last row didn't recline. Entertainment system does not with android devices. During the drinks service due to turbulence they stopped serving at the last 5-6 rows and didn't bother to come back when it stopped. I asked for coffee which was served cold. In short, I'm not quite sure what the purpose of AC Rouge is - to offer lower fares? The amount we paid for the ticket and the high cost to change - what value are we getting?

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Jacquie Wilson    (Canada)

Toronto to Phoenix flight on Rouge. Nice staff but rotten plane. Made my way to my aisle seat and found the middle seat was taken a very big man. He had the arm rest up because he had trouble sitting in the seat. I asked politely to put the arm rest down. He spilled over the arm rest into my seat. I could see he was very uncomfortable and now I was uncomfortable as I only had half my seat and leg room. Requested another seat with attendant but no other seats available. What a long 5 hours. What is Air Canada doing with these Rouge planes. Entertainment on iPads is terrible. Where did all the new movies go?

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 November 2014 by T Turpin    (Canada)

Very disappointed Air Canada rouge. No entertainment systems! Surprised we had to provide our own iPads but really no big deal. Selection of movies to watch is poor. Such cramped leg room for economy passengers, I'm only 5'10 and couldn't sit far enough back in seat without knees digging in to seat in front of me, couldn't wait to land so I could stand up. Most uncomfortable flight ever. Some complimentary drinks but no free snack either.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 November 2014 by May Wesley    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

I am a larger than average man. The seats on my flight were completely inadequate. The flight from YYZ to PHX is 4.30 long. Installing the same seats as economy and blocking one off does allow for the ergonomic support I require. Surprised upon boarding and very upset with the experience. I hope the larger seats will come back. Hope changes on this route are forthcoming or I will look for other alternatives.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 November 2014 by M Deilecx    (Canada)

I have been flying rouge pretty much every week from YVR to SFO. Fares have been ridiculously high (more then 550$ each way for a 2 hour flight). Thus, this is not a low cost carrier but they still want to provide a LCC service and discomfort. The only thing saving this airline is the crew. They are usually friendly. Seats are extremely close to each other to the point that most people can't fit (I am pretty slim and only 5'10"). In addition, rouge plus is not worth the extra money (no AVOD and normal economy class seat).

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 November 2014 by Sheila Gallagher    (Ireland)

Dublin to Toronto. I found the flight fine. There are two problems with this airline, lack of leg room and the lack of seat back screens. As I'm not that tall the lack of leg room didn't bother me but can see a problem if you are. I downloaded the app onto my ipad. The films were outdated so wouldn't bother with that. The staff were friendly and professional. The food was nice for airline food. Overall I enjoyed my flight.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 November 2014 by T Harding    (UK)

Flew Dublin to Toronto return - flights very busy but despite that check-in and crew were calm, polite and efficient both ways. Space is no worse than many other airlines and food also comparable. The iPad system worked well - and gives better control / screen than many other seat back systems. My only complaint would be other passengers being late to the gate with large pieces of hand luggage!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Jean-Guy Godard    (Canada)

My first time flying AC Rouge and AC since 2008. October 18 from Dorval flight 1820 to Cancun. Delayed 4 hours due to mechanical defect. After more than 2 hours, the replacement part was not compatible, so we were instructed that we will change planes. Did not mind this, as safety is important and mechanical parts do brake. So we were moved to an airport bus and communication stops, waiting, observing, but nobody was telling us what was going on. Almost 2 hours goes by before we're ready to go. Two hours into the flight we're hoping to eat but by row 15, they ran out of meals. Nobody thought of getting additional meals (as it took 4 hours before taking off), as AC Rouge do not carry a meal for every passenger. So after 8 hours and 15 minutes, we land into Cancun. A little hungry! Staff were somewhat smiling, no one thought of explaining what they were up against. You know we could have been more understanding with some explanation. The return 1821 was better, I just brought my bag of chips just in case.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Loewen Marion    (Canada)

On Monday, Oct. 6, 3 friends and I took Air Canada Rouge, #1909, from Dublin to Toronto. We sat in seats 30CA and 31CA. As soon as the plane taxied off we noticed the reading lights did not work. Since there were no screens on the seats in front of us there was not much to do except read, which we could scarcely do since it was so dark. Then it got colder and colder. We noticed it was nice and warm further back in the plane but really cold where we were. The blankets were so thin they did not help. It was quite uncomfortable. I suggest something has to be done about that uneven heating system. All told, it was a most unenjoyable flight.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  3 November 2014 by A Berry    (Canada)

Seat was hard, thin padding, and armrest controls were annoying, bare cabin. Seat not wide enough for thighs to rest on and I am 5,3. Seats very close together. Crew were kind. We flew from Toronto to Dublin, and I would not use this airline again. We tried to contact the airline to upgrade in case we were on Rouge to return, and could not reach them overnight in Dublin but fortunately we took a regular Air Canada from Heathrow to Vancouver - Heathrow not greatest airport for flight changes, with heavy security.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Mitchel Tree    (USA)

Flew from LAX to Vancouver (round trip). Crew were friendly. Plan ahead and download Air Canada app so you can watch free stuff on your iPad. We brought our 6 year old son. He sat in the middle of three seats which made the flight more enjoyable since leg room was cramped.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  3 November 2014 by D Lobson    (Canada)

Flew Air Canada Rouge from Vancouver/Canada to LA/USA and then Las Vegas to Vancouver. Whoever designed this airplane seating plan should have been designing Sardine cans. At 5 feet-11.5 inches tall it was brutal with absolutely no leg room with the seat in front of me indenting my knee-caps. Both trips were the same (brutal). The only saving moment was my seat was an aisle seat allowing me to figet with one leg in the aisle. I'm never flying Rouge again!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  31 October 2014 by L Bougie    (Canada)

YUL to Athens, flight 1902, 14/08/30. Athens to YUL, flight AC1903, 14/09/20. We flew from Montreal to Athens last month. We were very disappointed by the flight services, the food and by the entertainment system. That was a 9 hours flight. Never again. A mistake to take Air Canada Rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  31 October 2014 by J Tomlin    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

We flew Montreal to Rome, Oct 4th and back Oct 18th. We found Premium Rouge very good. Food going to Rome was good, food on the return flight was excellent! We had no problems with the free iPad and the movies were up to date. In fact we liked using the iPad! Seats were roomy. Check in staff were good. Priority boarding for Premium Rouge was good. Staff both flights were excellent and attentive. Would definitely fly Rouge again but would book Premium Economy.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  31 October 2014 by B MacKenzie    (Canada)

Flew from Vancouver to LAX. Started to feel anxious once I sat in the seat and felt like I was in a straight jacket. My first thought was, "how can an Airline treat it's paying customers like this". I am 5'10" and could not sit with my legs together as they would bump into the seat in front of me. I didn't care about the lack of food or entertainment because it was a short flight. I would be concerned about Deep Vein Thrombosis if I was on a longer flight. I will never fly Air Canada Rouge again unless it is in the Premium section.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  31 October 2014 by Vick Grewal    (Canada)

Flew Rouge from YVR to LAX. Unfriendly cabin crew, cramped seats and horrible service staff made this the worst experience I've had flying in a long time. I've heard of road rage, but this almost gave me the first case of flight rage. Avoid them at all costs, don't even think about them for transatlantic or flights >3 hours.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  31 October 2014 by P Fox    (Canada)

My husband and I flew A/C Rouge from Toronto to Dublin on Oct 7 and from Dublin to Toronto Oct. 20. We were pleasantly surprised. We had heard that there was little leg room, no screens and no meal. But we found the seating room was fine. We took our iPads, so that was fine. We had a meal on the way over and a meal and snack on the way back. The crew was pleasant as well. Our only complaint is that people are allowed too much carry on. We had no room when we got on, so the attendant took my carry on to the other side of the plane. I wish that could be more strictly regulated. Otherwise the flight was very good.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 October 2014 by P Whiklo    (Canada)

We recently flew to Athens from Toronto through Air Canada Vacations. Although the planes were new both going and coming home, and the staff were friendly and professional, we have never been more uncomfortable on a plane. The flight home was full and our seats were in the last row of the middle section with the bathrooms behind, so we couldn't even recline our seats (the extra 4 inches). We are both tall and it was an agonizing 10 1/2 hour flight. I believe Rouge would be okay for short domestic flights, but not the long flight we had to Athens.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 October 2014 by R Pinkus    (Canada)

Air Canada rouge got it right when they claimed that "You've never flown leisure like this before."b What an unbelievably horrible - and expensive - travel experience. Air Canada's attempt to save money is clearly "charge the same high fare for bare-bones travel". In short, there's not much more that I can say that hasn't already been said but here it goes: - Cheaply made and poorly designed seats that are so tightly packed together that anyone taller than 4'8" is going to be uncomfortable. - Brand new flight attendants who bad-mouth their employer in the back of the cabin in front of customers. - Surly customer service reps at the airports - obviously dealing with the stress of unhappy customers. - Bare-bones service overall.I flew non-stop from Toronto to San Diego, and this was my first and will be my last trip ever on rouge. It may also be my last trip on Air Canada. Absolutely abysmal.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Walker Michael    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

I have Florida flight passes. I don't think I will purchase again. Rouge is terrible. I would rather pay a little more and fly Air Canada. Like most frequent travellers think, Rouge is terrible and Air Canada should admit it was a terrible idea. The branding is terrible as are the attendant's outfits, the food is bad, the premium seats are uncomfortable. I can't imagine flying coach. The entertainment is a good idea if you offer premium movies and wifi to all.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Carol Radmore    (Canada)

September 30 2014 I flew home to Canada from Athens. It was an 11-hour flight and it was the worst flight I have flown. I did not know about Rouge. My flights were booked by an agent and I was not warned about the details of this economy-class flight. I did not know that there was no on-board entertainment and that I would have to rent an I-pad, or that the seats were cramped, and that I would have to pay for any alcoholic beverages. I am used to flying transatlantic on a regular Air Canada flight, to Heathrow or to Frankfurt, and those flights have been comfortable and enjoyable. This flight from Athens was a nightmare, crowded with uncooperative passengers who insisted on standing in the aisles, visiting with their friends and refusing to sit down when asked to do so when we hit turbulence. The staff did their best - they had my sympathy. I will continue to fly Air Canada but never Rouge again. When I can, I will fly transatlantic on European carriers out of Montreal (Air France or KLM). WestJet has my vote for trans-Canada travel. I am disappointed with Air Canada, and with my travel agent as well. I don't know that this flight was any cheaper and I would have liked to have been warned about what to expect and given the chance to say an emphatic no.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Clarence Byrd    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

On boarding a flight from Tampa I was shocked to find that what this airline calls business class consists of placing you in an economy sized seat with standard leg room. The only extra feature was that an empty seat was left between A and C. I fly business class largely to acquire a larger and more comfortable seat. With Rouge, you pay for business class seats but you do not get them. Further, you are not warned of this when you book your flight. The information provided indicates no difference between Rouge business class seats and regular business class seats. This is a deceptive practice and Air Canada should be required to post proper information on this matter. In any case, I will never consider using Rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Steve Alexander    (Canada)

We recently flew Toronto to Dublin, booked through RBC rewards. I have flown AC for 30+ years. This was my first and last Rouge flight. I received a meal as a diabetic, my wife didn't get any food at all on a 6 hour flight. Fortunately, we hit a Tim Horton's a leaving Toronto. I hadn't informed myself of the no entertainment options or I would have brought my iPad. Food service for my wife was a dry bagel and water. Not the best start to a dream vacation. If my return portion of the flight was on Rouge, I would just have stayed in Europe. Fortunately, it was on Lufthansa with decent entertainment options and two meals, free wine, and snacks. Never again, as many reviewers have said.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 October 2014 by L Watts    (Canada)

I was very disappointed in my latest flight on Air Canada Rouge from Dublin to Toronto on October 6 2014. The plane had no reading lights for the entire flight. Also the seat I sat in was very cold as cold air blew over it for the entire flight. The problem seemed to affect only 2 or 3 rows so no adjustment could be made. The attendants brought several people an extra blanket but they ran out so I did not even have that comfort. It was an extremely uncomfortable flight for over 7 hours. I will do my best to avoid Air Canada Rouge flights in the future.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Dee Aycock    (USA)

This was my first time with this airline and I flew LAX to Vancouver. The seats were shockingly tight both in width and in distance from the seat in front. The person in front of me reclined and my face was inches from the back of their seat. I didn't recline because I thought it would be incredibly rude to the person behind me since I already could feel their knees in my back. I couldn't cross my legs the entire trip. After 2+ hours this experience could easily become unbearable. I see air rage in their future. Luckily for me, no one sat in the middle seat so the passenger in the aisle and I used that seat to lower the tray and it helped our spill over since the width is so narrow. I am 5'5 and 130 lbs. The space was too small for me! I travel frequently for work. This will be the first time I will complain about an airline and the first time I refuse to travel on an airline. I heard the company was able to jam an extra 11 rows through this configuration. Shame on them.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 October 2014 by W Ferdinand    (Canada)

Air Canada 1865, MCO-YYZ, May 4 2014. Avoid Air Canada Rouge like the plague. The seats are so cramped that at 5'7" I cannot sit without cramping up my legs. There is no entertainment unless you pay exorbitant rental fees. No room for your computer. No food. The person next to you must place their elbows in your face because they have no room either. Being ScRouged is the worst airline experience ever.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Leonardo Grimaldi    (Canada)

I flew Toronto-Phoenix and I'm still regretting it. Not only the price wasn't competitive (around CAD 800), it was the least comfortable flight I've taken in the past 5 years (and I travel roughly once a month). There is no legroom, no inflight entertainment, no snacks. You have to bring your own device to entertain yourself, but on a 5 hour flight that is impossible given that they don't even provide power to recharge your laptop. The options available aren't good either. TV show reruns and movie classics. Nothing you haven't watched at home on a Sunday. This airline proves we'll end up being stacked on top of each other like boxes during flights soon so they can increase their revenue.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 October 2014 by A Attwood    (Canada)

I recently travelled with my husband on Air Canada Rouge and was not pleased by the experience. My husband is 6'2 and his knees hit the seat in front of him and that was before the lady in front reclined! She should be allowed to recline as that's the type of seats that the airline claims to be selling but it shouldn't have been at the price of the person sitting behind her. If you didn't recline, seats were very rigid and uncomfortable. Staff were ok but that was the only decent thing about the flight. Unfortunately this airline apparently tries to save weight by choosing not to stock their food and drink selection so the flight attendants weren't actually able to meet most peoples request. People were very frustrated by the cramped space, limited food and overall crummy flight and some took it out on the flight attendants. This airline obviously cares as little about their employees as their customers since they choose to put their flight attendants in these situations. We called ahead of time to try and switch airlines since we originally booked with Air Canada's regular airline and wanted what we had initially booked. The lady on the phone assured us that the reviews on here were false and the Rouge service was the same as their regular service. Absolutely not true and I do not intend to fly with Air Canada Rouge ever again if I can help it.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 October 2014 by R Pinkus    (Canada)

Abysmal. Where do I start? 1) This is their "Luxury Class" airline? I'd like to see their definition of "luxury", because while mine might include massages and such, having my backside massaged for five hours by the knees of the tall guy in the seat behind mine (through the cheap seat) isn't what I had in mind. 2) Service? For one, they don't actually have much service, other than basic drinks and bad food (must be purchased). The flight attendants are really young. The outbound crew spent most of the time in the back, bitching about their schedulers and how horrid it is to work for the airline. 3) Comfort? I'm short. Just shy of 5'2". I've been on amusement park rides that lock me in less securely than I was on my "rouge" flights. Seriously. When the person in front of my reclined, I was locked in for hours, and didn't even have access to my items on the floor in front of me. 4) Flight options? Surprise! The only non-stop flight to my destination was on rouge. Cheap seats for an expensive flight. (Even more expensive because I was using a previously unused ticket, that first required a 90 min wait to even talk to an AC rep, and then required a $235 surcharge to change and included a loss of several hundred $, that I think could have been used towards Business Class for at least one direction.) Worse customer service ever. In short, never again. This is a hypocritical "hip" new service that is best avoided at all cost. What an embarrassment. I will avoid Air Canada - and Air Canada rouge - at all costs.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 October 2014 by I Solar    (Chile)

I initially booked an Air Canada flight (LAX-YVR return) but after a while I was told by e-mail that my itinerary had been changed to Air Canada Rouge. Fortunately the timing of the flights was similar to those I booked. The flight was OK, but the seating was too tight (and I am not a tall person).

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 October 2014 by L Dussault    (Canada)

Round-trip Montreal-Rome in Premium Rouge on the B767, on one of the 2 non refurbished B767 with only 3 rows (instead of 4) - older seats but more legroom. Very satisfied with trip overall - lots of legroom, food was good, got some sleep in the recliner style seat, service was good overall - just some minor issues / inconsistencies that you don't see on mainline. The leg rest and footrest were useless for me because I am tall. The big pillow added the lumbar support. Great value for price paid. Of course, not a flatbed like business class but also not the same price! So for me, I would not hesitate to take again premium rouge on the B767. I would also strongly consider trying the premium economy section on mainline 787 and 777HD after my experience on rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Fabian Chapple    (USA)

Seats are narrow and hard .If you are taller than 5ft 8 then your knees will be jammed into the row in front of you. Unreal and no entertainment TV, nothing on a 5-6 hour flight. Class act have been flying AC for 29 years and never knew rouge was 3rd rate flight at best. Avoid at all costs.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 October 2014 by K Kean    (Canada)

Had my first experience with Air Canada Rouge and will never use it again. It was by far the worst flight experience I have ever had. The cabin was extremely cramped and my knees were stuck in the back of the passenger in front of me for the entire flight. The check in girl was no treat either. It is a new low for Air Canada.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Attwood Alyssa    (Canada)

I recently travelled with my husband on Air Canada Rouge and was not pleased by the experience. My husband is 6'2 and his knees hit the seat in front of him and that was before the lady in front reclined! She should be allowed to recline as that's the type of seats that the airline claims to be selling but it shouldn't have been at the price of the person sitting behind her. If you didn't recline, seats were very rigid and uncomfortable. Staff were OK but that was the only decent thing about the flight. Unfortunately this airline apparently tries to save weight by choosing not to stock their food and drink selection so the flight attendants weren't actually able to meet most peoples request. People were very frustrated by the cramped space, limited food and overall crummy flight and some took it out on the flight attendants. This airline obviously cares as little about their employees as their customers since they choose to put their flight attendants in these situations. We called ahead of time to try and switch airlines since we originally booked with Air Canada's regular airline and wanted what we had initially booked. The lady on the phone assured us that the reviews on here were false and the Rouge service was the same as their regular service. Absolutely not true and I do not intend to fly with Air Canada Rouge ever again if I can help it.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 October 2014 by J Forsythe    (Canada)

We recently took an Air Canada Rouge flight from Edinburgh to Toronto . We had read many negative reviews but decided to try Rouge because it was a direct flight. For the most part we were pleasantly surprised. We found the flight attendants to be very efficient and professional. As far as the seats and configuration, we agree with others that it is pretty crowded and there is not much legroom. The rented iPad worked well for the inflight entertainment system. While our overall experience was positive we think that there should be a far greater fare difference for Rouge flights compared to regular Air Canada service. If this is to be a discount airline the fares should reflect this. Because of this we would prefer to use full service carriers.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 October 2014 by M Darwish    (Canada)

Traveled to Las Vegas last week on Rouge for the 1st and last time. I am 6' tall and do not fit in the seat as my knees were pushing into the back of the passenger ahead of me. This passenger seated in the seat ahead of me, was upset at the fact my knees were in her back, but after getting up and looking at my predicament, was understanding of the situation. The flight I was on was full of people partying. Instead of trying to subdue the rowdiness, the Rouge flight attendants were joining the party. I finally looked at the attendant and asked her to keep her voice down and it would be nice if she would ask the other passengers to do the same. She looked at me as if I was doing something wrong. I was sitting on the aisle, my companion next to me in the middle and a young man in the window seat who never actually sat in his seat, but instead on the arm rest facing us with his feet on the seat and yelling loudly to all his friends sitting around us. The Rouge staff never once asked him to calm down and actually were laughing and joking with him and his friends. FYI, this was a night flight which normally would have been a flight where catching a nap for a few hours would have been normal. It was so loud, I could not hear the movie I was watching with my head phones. In future I will never fly Rouge again. I would rather take a different airline with a stop over than this direct flight again! Extremely disappointing!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 October 2014 by D Stevens    (Canada)

I have flown rouge 2 times, once to Nassau and once to Sarasota. I am 6 foot 1, and cannot sit in a normal position in the seats. I have to sit down into the seat and then twist my knees either to the left or right. That is the only position that I am able to sit in during the flight, and that is assuming the person in front of me does not recline the seat. If that happens yours knees will be crushed. For short haul flights like these (3hrs) you can suck it up, for a great price, unfortunately I have been flying these routes for years and the fares are exactly the same as they were regular with Air Canada mainline. This is a scam and they are making an enormous amount of money off passengers like us that have decided to pay the same fares yet give up comfort, entertainment, and sanity! The thing is that this will not last, over time more and more passengers will see what rouge has to offer and avoid it at all costs.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 October 2014 by D Vukits    (USA)

Terrible experience: 10 hours to Athens from Montreal. No video screens, rude flight attendants. Minimal food and beverage. Avoid this airline at all cost.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Vasiliki Chios    (Canada)

Flew from Montreal to Athens. The plane was very new and clean, I had one of the most relaxing trips because the plane was empty if all the seats were taken I am sure my experience will be very different. The staff were not bad but after dinner no one saw them until breakfast. I found the cabin air very dry and the staff not once offered water or any other liquid. If the plane was not as full maybe I will fly them again. My trip satisfaction rate is high because the plane was empty and I had three seats to myself.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  21 October 2014 by Bernier Jean    (Canada)

I travel extensively. I am gold/platinum on both United and Delta. Recently moved back to Canada after living in US for 3.5 years. Have been dismayed by Air Canada, both by the high prices and poor service. But the worst is AC Rouge. Just travelled 2 trips, one to Las Vegas and the other to Orlando. The first was in "premium" class the other in economy. Both have been among my worst flights in each category. Even surprised regulations allow such cramped seats in economy. I will do everything to avoid Rouge in the future, even if it means making a connection as opposed to a direct flight.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  21 October 2014 by Wood William    (UK)

Premium Rouge

I flew Manchester - Toronto then onto Charlotte, plane was late arriving Toronto and missed connection. I was told I would have to fly to Baltimore to get connection next morning. By the time I got to the hotel I had been travelling 23 hrs since leaving home. My luggage did not arrive in Baltimore despite being told it would be there when I arrived. I rang air Canada luggage services from Baltimore and was told there was no record of my luggage tag on their system and it should be in Charlotte when I arrive, it was not, by chance I was in the airport to meet a customer the following day and it was being pushed on a trolley so could claim it. I know these things happen but it is the total lack of any care or response from Air Canada that is my gripe. Premier seats were good both ways, food was ok, ipad idea does not work, where do you put them when drinks /food arrives, maybe Velcro on back of seat would help so it can be suspended and does not need to be held.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Fontana McGirr    (Canada)

We usually fly to Vegas via Montreal. We live in Ottawa and there are very few direct flights. This time we went via Toronto to Vegas. We flew Rouge. What a disappointment! The planes are old. There is no PTV and if you do rent an iPad, the movies featured are old. The overhead luggage compartment was full, so some people were asked to check their luggage because it would not fit. Luckily we had booked seats in front so we had good leg room. The flight attendants were very attentive but you could tell they lacked the experience of the veteran flight attendants. When we returned from Toronto to Ottawa, we flew a regular Air Canada flight and you could tell the difference. What has happened to Air Canada?

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  14 October 2014 by S Furlotte    (Canada)

We flew Rouge from Toronto to Venice because it was a direct flight. The outbound plane was older, and the seats are definitely too small, and too close together. God help you if you had someone in front of you that wanted to recline! The crew however, were young, and more friendly than most we've had in a long time. Seemed to be more flight attendants also. Our return trip was on a newer plane, and the crew were again, very friendly and helpful, but the seating was the same. People need more room!. We were aware of the inflight entertainment option with iPads, but were surprised at the few, old movie choices, and offerings. These flights were too long to have such limited entertainment. I'm glad that AC has changed its mind about Rouge to Barbados.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  14 October 2014 by T Carter    (Canada)

San Diego on September 30, 2014 and returned to Toronto on October 6th. On the positive side the flight left on time and the crew was pleasant and tried to accommodate passenger requests. We sat in row 25 and by the time the crew made it to that row much of the food selection was sold out, however, the crew offered the few items left in the carts and were very accommodating. My key issue is seating space. I am 6 foot 1 inch tall and thin. As you can imagine getting into those Rouge seats was an issue and sitting in that cramp space for over 5 hours proved to be very uncomfortable. They really need to put a “warning” on the booking site to say that “Rouge seats will not accommodate passengers over 6 feet tall”. Sorry to say, but this will be our last Rouge flight and I will be sure to let family, friends and acquaintances know how tight the seating is and to avoid at all cost. I just can’t imagine surviving a trip overseas.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  13 October 2014 by S Blomfield    (Canada)

Travelled Toronto to Athens and return on this cut-rate airline that has cut everything but the rates. Staff members on both flights, with one exception, were disengaged, disinterested and at times downright rude to passengers. I am determined never to travel Rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  13 October 2014 by J Monaghan    (Canada)

Very cramped space. No leg room unless you upgrade your seat or are in an exit row. The seats are narrow and uncomfortable. I would never recommend rouge. If the flights were really cheap I would understand that these are trade-offs. The only saving grace is that the flight attendants were very friendly and professional.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Siobhan O'Connell    (Canada)

I am a regular AC traveller Vancouver to wherever x 25 years. I had my first Rouge experience this week to Dublin, and was shocked and disgusted with all aspects of the flight. Staff seem to have been selected from Tim Hortons lineup and given camp counsellor training. With an average age of 21, I would not trust them to lead me out of my house much less off an airplane. Food inedible, seats hard and tight, and what an insult to not be told that there was no entertainment system onboard, and a charge for a glass of wine. When I complained I was told that AC always charges for wine which is not the case on the regular long haul flights. Take offence when extra charges are sprung on me (iPad). I paid same as I would have for route through Heathrow: never again a Rouge flight.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  13 October 2014 by H Giggi    (Canada)

I had my first and hopefully last Air Rouge trip - one way from Nassau. I'm a petite woman and I have never been so uncomfortable in a plane in spite of having an aisle seat. While it was slightly tolerable for the 3 hour flight I see that Rouge is also flying long-distance routes to places in Europe. I can't imagine being in those kind of cramped quarters for an extended flight of 8 or 9 hours. I'll fly WestJet on the Nassau route next time or an American flight through Miami. The entertainment choices were extremely limited on the iPad. I would have been happy to use aeroplan points and book the equivalent of business on Rouge but the seats are not available to Aeroplan. I called the redemption center to ask for an explanation about the Rouge flights and I was told by the customer service agent that they get many complaints about Rouge all the time. Air Canada needs to seriously reconsider their services and the routes they put these planes on.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Wenda Montgomery    (Canada)

Booked my flight to Phoenix with the aircraft showing as a 320, only to discover when I received an itinerary change notification the equipment would be a rouge 319. My first flight with Rouge, what a dreadful experience - old aircraft, no leg room, even if you 'rent' an ipad, the entertainment options are dismal and no discount in the price. Having been a loyal supporter of Air Canada for many years with Super Elite/Elite status and having flown over 1-million miles I was extremely disappointed with the 'standard' that Air Canada is now offering under this brand for future travel, I will certainly we looking for other options when travelling to any destinations being serviced by Air Canada rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  13 October 2014 by J Thompson    (Canada)

Worst flight ever. No seat room, no leg room, cramped and uncomfortable. When the people behind use the seat pockets you feel it, if the passenger in front of you reclines its a disaster. The plane was full, AC has added about 25 additional seats to the A319 and made everyone uncomfortable. Rough landing at Toronto airport although the flight was early. I have yet to meet someone who claims rouge to be adequate. Stay away I will never fly rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  13 October 2014 by M Geoff    (Canada)

Having booked an Air Canada flight without regard to the specifics of AC Rouge, I quickly learned Air Canada "rouge" is basically charter airline discomfort at Air Canada standard airfares. Being 6'0" tall, the 29" economy seat pitch was outright miserable. My knees pressed against the seat in front of me even with proper upright seating posture. Sleeping on the red-eye return from Las Vegas to Montreal was near impossible due to cramped seating environment. The rest of the flight was uneventful-on time, food for purchase, and luggage made it undamaged. No in-flight entertainment TV's. Overall, in my opinion, Air Canada should segregate Rouge flight options from its standard ticketing engine and sell it separately as discount charter flights, because Rouge is on par with Sunwing, Air Transat, and Thomas Cook. Its bare bone, cattle class discount service is in a league well below Air Canada's normally high standards.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  13 October 2014 by K Grace    (Canada)

After reading many reviews, I was very apprehensive about our flight from Toronto to Montego Bay. The flights were on time and we found the staff, young, but professional. Maybe because we're not tall people we had enough leg room and didn't feel cramped. We also found the flights to be nice and quiet without the carts going up and down the aisle every little while. We ate before we got onboard and had snacks with us so that wasn't an issue. Would fly Air Canada Rouge again if the occasion presented itself.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  13 October 2014 by D Monahan    (Canada)

Air Canada Rouge is to be avoided. There is no leg room, the depth of the seat is short and seats are small in width. Staff are nice but hardly compensates for the discomfort. This is Air Canada's discount option but my fare was not discounted. Avoid!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  13 October 2014 by J Thompson    (Canada)

Stay away from Rouge. Nothing but discomfort and aggravation. Flew back from Vegas on Oct 6th the plane was full. No body room or leg room. If the passenger behind you puts something in the seat pocket you felt it. Your knees touch the seat in front of you. No inflight entertainment, only with an iPad and they rent them for $10.00. I will not fly them again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Robert Crumb    (Canada)

You feel like your riding in a yellow school bus but with much less legroom. High seat backs, I'm 6' and my knees were pushed into the back of the seat in front of me. Flew from Toronto to San Diego for 5 hrs in beyond cramp conditions. There should be a law preventing such cruelty - the airfare wasn't any cheaper than non Rouge flights i.e. United, American, etc (you just don't see it's Rouge when you book AC).

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 October 2014 by M Mack    (Canada)

I flew YYZ to PHX. Terrible flight. No leg room, no entertainment, no electrical outlets but the same price as before. I will fly any other option than AC Rouge from now on. I have been super elite on Air Canada for years and I feel somewhat betrayed. I flew BA to London last week because I'm so angry.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 October 2014 by G Sherman    (Canada)

I flew Rouge from Toronto to Phoenix despite the reviews. The reviews are correct. The biggest issue is the seat size. This is a good airline for children as they have enough legroom. For half the flight I stood in the galley because it hurt too much to sit in a 29 inch seat for 5 hours. There is also a problem with the inflight entertainment as it offers very little if you use an Apple product. Hopefully another carrier will provide some competition.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Doig John    (UK)

Premium Rouge

YYZ-EDI, 2 Oct 2014. Booked in Premium rouge, this being the fourth sampling of Rouge since they started operations in July 2013. I have read other reports on this forum about the negative comments about AC rouge, therefore there was an element of concern of what to expect! Premium rouge permits priority boarding at YYZ this was done efficiently. On boarding the aircraft it was clean and tidy with water and menus placed on the seat arms/dividers. The crew were young and friendly, they are not however as professional in service presentation as those on AC mainline. The safety announcements were fine, as they should be. The leg room in premium rouge is similar to that provided on AC mainline Executive class. I am 6’+ and I was comfortable for the overnight flight of 6hours +. A choice of chicken or a non-meat dish was provided for dinner with drinks included for the fare paid. Hot towels and linen for the tray tables are provided prior to the first meal service. Meal orders were taken shortly after departure along with offers of complimentary I pads for IFE. I did not bother with the I pad as I wanted to sleep after the dinner service which I managed to do for around 2 hours. About 1.5 hours before landing at EDI a small continental breakfast was serviced. The flight landed at EDI on time and with a carry-on bag I was though the airport in around 15 minutes after landing. Having experienced 2 AC mainline flights in Executive class immediately prior to this rouge flight, the rouge service stood up fairly well, hopefully the professionalism to service will follow with age. I am already considering AC rouge for future trips to North America, the real down side is that at present the EDI/YYZ service is only available mid June through early October.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Pamela Wells    (Canada)

Toronto to Greece with no in house entertainment is not a good thing. You can download entertainment app if you have iphone, ipad and they start at the front of the plane with limited ipad rentals. I am short but noticed the seats smaller and my husband definitely did. Flight crew great. We always fly AC but looking at flights to Barcelona and will not fly there with AC because Air Rouge is only option.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 October 2014 by E Williams    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Travelled to Las Vegas from Toronto. Paid the extra money for premium economy as it was a long flight. Luckily we got the row right behind business class and it felt a little roomier for the legs. Think we were luckier than the rest in premium economy for this reason only. God forbid if you had to go to the bathroom because you had to make your way down the narrow aisle to the back of the plane loaded with people waiting to use the bathroom. There is barely enough room to pass other people going the opposite direction. But people persist by squeezing past you nevertheless. We ordered 3 pizza slices and falafel wrap. The pizza was the worst. Paper thin. Nothing like the picture in the menu. Ate it because we weren't prepared with snacks of our own. I did find that the staff tried their best in these less than ideal conditions. They must have to deal with a lot of grumpy people on these flights. I guess a lot of people on the flight were up and about in plane as to avoid blood clots in legs. I was very thankful to finally leave the plane at our destination. I will seriously reconsider Air Canada Rouge for future flights.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 October 2014 by A Clarke    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Flew executive from Vancouver to Nassau on Air Canada (YVR to YYZ) then Rouge (YYZ to NAS). The Air Canada portion in a pod was 9 out of 10 as the food wasnt great. I braced myself for the downgrade partly from some seriously bad reviews on this website. I was pleasantly surprised to find the seats we not bad, food the same as Air Canada and the flight crew great. I thought Rouge was ok after all. Then came the return flight. We got to the airport only to find the flight had been cancelled and new flight would be 2 hours late. Then three, then four and here's where things went downhill. I was now not going to make my connection in Toronto back to Vancouver. I was advised by a lady who barely looked up that I was now booked on a red eye out of Toronto. I said I wouldn't fly an overnight flight and could I please book the first flight out in the morning. She said no at first but then came back and said I would have to fly coach - I said no as I had an executive ticket. She said it's an aeroplan booking and added if you had a paid for an Air Canada ticket she may have been able to help me. Flew to YYZ - went right to Air Canada relations. They listened and gave a sincere apology for my treatment in Nassau. They ask me when I wanted to leave and although they were unable to give me complimentary hotel stay in they did offer to get me a special rate. Flight home on Air Canada B777 perfect, breakfast was the best pancakes ever. Overall, Rouge not so bad but their handlers in Nassau were rude and disrespectful. Would I fly Rouge again? Probably but wish Air Canada would take back the route.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Deborah Vandewater    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

We flew back to Toronto from Barcelona anticipating another good Rouge flight as was the outbound. The equipage was different and while the room (premium) was about the same, there was no outlet to plug into and the service was much less. As other reviewers have written- the staff spent a majority of their time behind their curtain in the forward cabin. They did their jobs- served towels, food and liquor, but otherwise you didn't see them very much. The buttons to recline the seat or put up the leg rest were very beaten up (I.e. Old) levers. Some seats worked - mine did not. So I would say your trip is really dictated by: A) the age of the plane and B) the hospitality factor of the attendants. One point in the attendants' favour is that they ran out of chicken on the flt back and switched crew meals to accommodate our choice. Guess Rouge needs more chicken for all the people coming home after a cruise as we start our diets! P.S. I borrowed one of their iPads as my mini kept cutting out on the first flight. Worked just fine and has a much bigger screen.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  6 October 2014 by I Redondo    (Canada)

Montreal to Rome Aug. 16 and Lisbon to Toronto September 14. Staff okay, they were pretty nice on the way to Rome, cheerfully indifferent from Lisbon to Toronto. Having to pay for an iPad and lack of Android app is not good. Seat pitch and lack of legroom horrid. Food was mixed: their main courses were totally inedible but wrap snack was okay. Not enough room on the overhead bins, where everything was squished, actually not enough room anywhere. Seriously total strangers were bonding over how cramped we all were. It's inhumane, really. And what was worse is that I paid regular AC prices! I don't know where those passengers who bought cheaper got their tickets, but I can tell you I've been rouged for the last time! I read that the AC CEO says that the problem is that passengers have to "adjust their expectations." I hope he'll soon need to adjust his. It was a horrid experience, and never again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  6 October 2014 by J Lieberman    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Rouge 1898 & 1899 YVR-LAS and back. The only good thing about this experience was the fact that I was sitting in "Premium Rouge" and had some semblance of leg room on the A319 aircraft. I felt bad for the people in the back, cramped in like sardines. Ridiculous that they charge virtually the same as mainline flights for much less. Also ridiculous is that Rouge requires the same number of eUpgrades as mainline for a lot less in the J cabin. Flight attendants were more interested in chatting amongst themselves and their friends onboard, than looking after the rest of the passengers and they do not exude any confidence whatsoever. I highly recommend people avoid Rouge if at all possible!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  6 October 2014 by H Beattie    (Canada)

You don't even get a cracker with your drink, and the seats are narrow if you are over 5'6" or larger than a size M you will feel squished in your seat. No screens or power sources, so if you don't carry an Apple product they will "rent you one for a mere $10". At the very least when you book a flight on AC Rouge a window should pop up that advises you of these changes. No one likes a surprise and I didn't speak with one happy passenger. Needless to say the next flights we had booked, we've gone ahead and upgraded to their Premium Seats so Air Canada accomplished their goal - they got us to spend more. Westjet is looking pretty good right now.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  6 October 2014 by M Cowger    (Canada)

Like many others I feel that I was abused, maybe even cheated. I am a senior citizen, normally a trusting soul. Buyer beware. I booked an AC flight to Lisbon, and found that I was sent off on this substandard flight - never again. Thankfully the return flights were Lufthansa. What a difference. Worst to best. I am very unhappy with every aspect of the quality of this carrier. Others have already made similar comments - there seems no need to elaborate. Mostly I am unhappy at unwittingly being routed on this flight. Hopefully adding my name to the list of numerous other dissatisfied customers will prevent others from making this mistake. A mistake I will not repeat. Lufthansa or any other airline would be my future choice. As a Canadian, I could tolerate the normal AC second rate service, this has been more than anyone should be willing to accept.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Michael Walker    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

I've had two flights with rouge. Never again. I was forced to use rouge with flight passes from Tampa and I will not purchase Air Canada flight passes again. Both times flights were late. The latest, a flight from Kingston Jamaica scheduled to leave at 2 pm left after 8 pm. There is no business class, food is terrible as is entertainment. Why not perfect your brand and let others fly Westjet or Transat - stop competing in this cheap flight service market. Hate to say it but I am going with American Airlines until Porter offers longer flights.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  2 October 2014 by S Mons    (Canada)

I have flown for over 20 years with Air Canada. However for the first time ever, I had a 4 hour flight from Phoenix to Toronto and I have never stepped foot into a plane that had such little leg room! I am 6'5" tall and I could not put both of my legs behind the seat in front of me. I was also surrounded by other men who were all over 6' tall and they all suffered from this. I will continue to fly Air Canada but only if it is not an AC Rouge flight. Unless AC changes their seat layout, I will start flying DELTA or American to the cities that Rouge flies to.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  2 October 2014 by B Eli    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Flew many times before on the YUL-LAS one way flight in economy and since they changed to Rouge just before this trip back in April 2014, I thought it was probably to satisfy a high demand for one way flights to LAS thus explaining the switch to a bigger plane. However, simply converting an old 767 plane into a "low cost carrier" for which the price was still the same as the previous 737 plane, I just can't say it was worth the upgrade to business class. OK, the seats are fine and so was the space, but to take away the personal in flight screen and all of the electrical outlets to be replaced with wifi and BYO Device? I wonder how many people got enough battery for 5 hours. Even though the tablet was included in business class, oh my lord the lack of entertainment choices! There was virtually nothing! As much as the food, rather disappointing but ok. My mimosa didn't have any alcohol and breakfast was as good as any economy food. Nice try AC to pass off a new low cost carrier by simply keeping all of the profits. Good thing people take notice into the type of aircraft they're paying for.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  2 October 2014 by Primeau Georges    (USA)

I travel South from Canada twice a year. I always favored Air Canada for comfort, Entertainment, and the service. It bugged me a little when we had to pay for our meals, but it wasn't so bad. It was an excellent price-quality ratio. Last week, I've travelled Rouge. The staff were nice, but the rest was disappointing. I've travelled Air Cubana once, and I feel it was comparable to Rouge. The leg room is terrible, and the entertainment system is worst than awful, offering old movies at a high cost (10$ to rent the iPad and 5$ to access the movies). Rouge doesn't compare well to other budget airlines. Moreover, we've lost our best airline to the South.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  2 October 2014 by B Foster    (USA)

Booked a flight from Las Vegas to Quebec leaving at 11.30 pm arriving at 9.52 am. First leg was on Air Canada Rouge and the second was a turboprop plane. A week later double checked my reservation and found out that first flight had been cancelled and was booked on another Air Canada rouge. However, this time I was leaving at 12.15 pm arriving in Montreal and then had a 13 hour layover. I called Air Canada and asked if I was being put up in a hotel room for the night in Montreal. No was the answer. The agent really did not care at all. After much discussion I cancelled the reservation and asked for a confirmation email that I would get a full refund. Agent stated that it would not be a problem. When asking how long it will take for the refund he replied "Up to 3 weeks". 24 hours later I never did receive the email but the reservation had been cancelled. My suggestion is do not fly this airline.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  1 October 2014 by Janet Smith    (USA)

Booked on "Air Canada" at a rather high cost from Montreal to San Diego. Discovered that "Rouge" was the carrier from Toronto onwards. Plane small, hot, crowded, all the usual complaints flyers have these days. Not even a bag of peanuts offered on a 4.5 hour flight, free water offered hourly, however. I have no objection personally to flying 'cattle class' when I have paid accordingly. This is outright highway robbery at over $300. one way on what I thought was a 'legacy' carrier. The cabin was overheated with no apparent way to improve the temperature or comfort level. Two lavs at rear of cabin appeared insufficient given the projected passenger load. The staff appeared eager, but inept in so many ways. I felt as though I was being attended to by the local fast food restaurant hostess: eager, chirpy but ill equipped for a real job. As is the current custom, constant nickel and diming along the way adds to flyer frustration, fortunately I can forgo the proffered toys at $10. a pop, but I do object to paying premium price on a cheap-0 carrier. Never again. (Date of Travel: Sept. 24th, flight 1847 - Toronto to San Diego non-stop).

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  1 October 2014 by Frank Barry    (Canada)

We flew AC Rouge to Venice on Aug 23 having paid for the extra leg room seats. The flight was good and the extra leg room was great. Having read many reviews complaining about the cramped seats. It would be nice if the cost of the extra leg room seats included a few extra perks (like priority boarding and/or free drinks) as $90 for a one way is a bit steep. The flight was good, excellent service. I was surprised that a flight to Italy did not have any announcements in Italian. The in-flight entertainment was OK on our iPhone and iPad. Although not "advertised" the USB plug on the arm rest came in handy for keeping our devices charged. There is also plug to be shared between the two seats by the window. Movie choices were OK but not as good as the mainline aircraft. I also really missed the flight data and maps that are available on most airlines.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  1 October 2014 by N Jean    (Canada)

Pro: Flight from Toronto (Canada) to Punta Cana (Dominican Republic) and back safely and on time. Cons: No entertainment (ex. movies) on board, unless you have ipad, iPhone or Windows laptop. You can rent an iPad on the plane for 10$. Movies not compatible on Android systems. You had to pay for your food. Some beverages such as water, juice was provided for free though. No space between the economy seats. If your 6 foot and taller, unless your seated near the alley way, its very uncomfortable especially when the persons in front of you reclines their seat. The only reason we went with them, is because we saved 25% on our trip with our Airmiles. Don't get SCRouged by this airline, if possible choose another airline.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  1 October 2014 by K Ann    (Canada)

Air Canada Rouge from Toronto to Montego Bay and return. Seats were cramped (I am 5'4" and my knees touched the seat in front of me), no entertainment unless you bring an iPad, service was minimal and no duty free offered on the return flight. This is definitely a no frills airline but you are paying full Air Canada price. Would never book with Air Canada Rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  1 October 2014 by Thomas Bouchard    (Canada)

Excellent Flight and service. We travelled Air Canada Rouge from Toronto to Barcelona on 17 Sep 2014 and returned 28 Sep 2014. We originally had premium seating both ways, but we changed our arrival date and had to settle for economy. Prior to leaving, I read these reviews and was mortified and dreading our flight for 8.5 hours. We boarded the plane, it was clean, new and right off the bat, the staff were wonderful. Many reviews complain about the age of the staff? Why? They are extensively trained and I would rather travel with this crew than the stuffy old sky bags on other Air Canada flights. The leg room was perfectly fine in economy. I am 5'11" and 210 lbs. not a small lad and I was comfortable the entire way. As for air circulation, that is normally an issue on regular flights as you are always adjusting the flow and on overnight flights, there is a tendency to lower the pressure of air flow and turn up the temperature to make folks sleep. Not on this flight. The air flow was good, you could feel it, and it remained a comfortable constant. Meals were provided, which normally are not. Drinks were available as usual. As for the inflight entertainment, the IPad thing was perfectly fine, tons of options. We did not know about this, but if you read your itinerary email it tells you. Also, you can rent one of theirs for a small fee. Our return portion had us seated in the premium seating, just a little expense more, and again, more leg room, but really, it was perfectly fine. Better than United Air, which I will never fly again. This flight was great, we were comfortable. It is a budget flight as advertised and we would do it again. For those complaining, we have flown around the world, both on economy and first class and this flight was fine. I think they are complaining because that's what they like to do. Did not hear a single complaint from anyone on the entire flight. Air Canada Rouge is a hit. Thanks again to the wonderful flight staff for a great flight.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  1 October 2014 by P Campbell    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

SFO-YVR rerouted off cancelled United flight, as I have been avoiding AC Rouge on all of the Western Canada to California routes since they converted from mainline - I just can not do 29 inch pitch. On this A319 flight I used Altitude upgrades to Premium Rouge which is 6 across with middle seats blocked. Unfortunately I was assigned 1A which has 2 problems: (1) It is a bulkhead seat with less than 20 inches of room between the seat legs and the bulkhead, and (2) front row means tray tables stowed in the armrest so even though the middle seat was blocked, I was confined tightly into the seat. Onboard service was pleasant with the new crews and the meal that was offered with a menu and choice of entrees was good standard Air Canada domestic J quality. Unfortunately due to the reduced personal space and legroom, I will continue to make a point of avoiding Rouge where I am able to select another carrier. Glad to see DL is ramping up some more YYC service this fall giving more options to California.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 September 2014 by Mindy Avrich-Skapinker    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

We came back on a Rouge flight yesterday from Venice to Toronto. We paid $2000 for our flight, the outbound was AC to Munich-Sarajevo-Venice. All fine though hardly "world class". We had no idea we were booked on a Rouge flight home or what that meant. None of the pre-booked seats were available or honoured. We were put together, my husband and I in row 48 but many people were separated. Then we learned there are no screens, I don't carry a tablet so was told I could rent one for 10 Euros, on a $2000 ticket! Lunch - no wine, no drinks unless you paid $6.50. Lunch was nothing fresh, no salad, all starch, no fruit, no vegetables and dessert was a cookie. Then 2 hours later the snack - a cookie and 2 hours before landing, a wrap. This was a 9.5 hour flight. Two hours before the flight arrived the bathroom had no toilet paper and was unclean. The poor lovely staff were dressed in ugly colours with fedoras looking like they stepped out of South American villages. Shame on Air Canada.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 September 2014 by K Kad    (Canada)

I have been a loyal Air Canada customer since moving to Canada. As someone who is traveling almost every week airline performance is important. Perhaps it's the perfect case scenario but for all the reasons that came to be, I am left having paid full fare for a 5 hour flight from Toronto only to get to the plane to find everything I had come to expect missing. I'll give Air Canada credit as I was very much aware that this was a "operated by rouge" badging which was very predominantly displayed throughout the purchase process. At the time I paid no attention to it as the price I was paying was exactly the same as all previous tickets purchased to this destination (I travel at least once a year to this destination to attend conferences). There is no entertainment screens, no USB power, no power outlets, cramped seating. All of which I may be perfectly ok with if it was it on its own. The fact that they are combined is making this unbearable. Do I have an iPad? Yes, is it charged enough to use for 5 hours? Absolutely not. As a businessman I've been on my devices all day and look forward to a flight without having to look at work or its related devices. None of my devices, including my phone I'm typing this on, is on a position to be used for extended periods of time by the end of the day. This is ignoring the fact I like to land at destination with a full charge! I spent extra money for a business class seat on the return, expecting to be on the red eye and landing at 7 am to drive straight to the office. Seeing what a "business class seat" looked like, simply same as economy with an empty "for your convenience" empty seat in the middle is useless. I will not get to sleep properly, unwind, relax, and be ready for a full day of business when I land. Instead I had to cancel some meetings and move my flight up to ensure that I can land with enough time to get a proper nights rest before my next day begins. Unfortunately I will be replacing all my flights in which Rouge operates and as soon as I identify an airline which can accommodate the destinations I require from YYZ I will be dropping Air Canada altogether.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 September 2014 by Barbara Kakiris    (USA)

I booked what I believed to be standard Air Canada flights YYZ to ATH (AC#1900) on Sept 10 and ATH to YYZ (AC #1901) on Sept 19. Unfortunately, I learned what Rouge was, never having heard of the concept and certainly not ever wanting to experience it again. The 767 aircraft was an absolute nightmare for lack of space, entertainment, and food or beverage. The first thing I noted was the lack of TV screens on seat backs-I asked the attendant what was going on and he explained that for weight concerns, they'd removed them to save the cost of flying the AC planes. He also said that "everyone has an iPad these days" so they felt the decision was warranted. When it came time for meals, I asked for wine and was told that it was available for purchase. The attendants were in their early 20s, inexperienced, and should have been made to practice the company talking points before being permitted to board the plane and interact with customers, as their inability to provide acceptable rationale only made matters worse. Myself and my boyfriend are both tall and he suffered tremendous back and leg pain. It's not worth it to spend 10-11 hours on a plane with no entertainment or hospitality. All of the other carriers know what it is to travel internationally and will actually care for customers. Lose the fedoras and horrible shoes and spend some money on customer-focused resources.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 September 2014 by M Tomlinson    (UK)

We took a flight from Manchester to Toronto on the B767. After reading the reviews on here before I left, I expected the worst. I am over 6 ft tall and so asked at check in whether they had any extra leg room seats available. They did and I was placed there free of charge. Once on board I found the seat was a bulkhead by an emergency exit so although I couldn't stretch my legs straight, there was more space than other seats. My friends hadn't requested extra legroom so we're sat further back in the plane. I went and joined them for a small time (plane was half empty) and the space was no where near as bad as made out on here. Ok space is tight, but the cabin felt open and refreshed. Food and service was ok, but felt they were a bit stingy with the drinks (only serve soft drinks and only brought round twice), plus no water served in between. Having said all of this, I wouldn't like to fly on here should it be a full flight, so would try not to use them again unless it was the only option.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 September 2014 by Donna Jones    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

My husband and I booked Business Class from Phoenix to Toronto on Rouge a few days ago. After awhile in the air, I noticed that people were coming in from Economy to use the washroom. I needed to go and had to wait a long time for an Economy passenger to come out. I asked the attendant if this was allowed and she admitted it wasn't, apologized (with attitude and obvious resentment at being challenged) and said she had been "busy". What happened next was appalling. After a few minutes, she came to my seat, and loudly asked me if I would mind if another economy passenger could use the washroom as he was on crutches. Rouge customers should be made aware that if you book Business Class, at considerable extra expense, you are expected to carry economy passengers and their needs. Unbelievable. She continued to allow more economy passengers to continue to use the washroom for the duration of the flight.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 September 2014 by K Rogers    (Canada)

Extremely uncomfortable flight! The cabin was very cramped with no leg room. I am only 5'11" and my knees were jammed in to the back of the seat in front of me. When rows are that tight, you shouldn't have the ability to recline - yet Rouge seats still have that functionality. They also charge for checked baggage ($25) which causes everyone to try and carry on creating an even more cramped cabin. Rude service, no snacks. Cost was the same as a West Jet flight, with the additional cost of baggage. Sorry Rouge, you can't charge full price but then call yourself a discount airline so you can provide terrible service. The cabin couldn't be more cramped. Seats were so tight with zero leg room. Barely one person can walk down the aisle. Overhead bins full to explosion since they charge for baggage and with so little leg room people avoid putting things under the seat in front of them. Price for Rouge is same as regular AC flight. A total disaster!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 September 2014 by D St Germain    (Canada)

My wife and I took Rouge from Montreal to Rome 3 weeks ago. I was very apprehensive given the stories of extra onboard expenses small seat and questionable service. We were both pleasantly surprised. The seats were great (we had a bulk head seat) and the service was excellent. The staff onboard were very young and attentive. The food was certainly adequate and surpassed my expectation. The entertainment system was very good and affordable. My only concern, not complaint, was our seats were located under the A/C vent and in order to keep the rest of the plane comfortable, my wife was wrapped in several blankets and her coat on. The young attendant provided her with a free entertainment system to help compensate. This was unexpected and appreciated. I would fly Rouge again with no apprehension.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 September 2014 by Stensrud Doreen    (Canada)

Just returned from Dublin on Air Canada Rouge - not a good trip. Unfortunately the flight was delayed in Toronto by 3 hours. No communication from ground staff in departure lounge that could be heard. Boarding was confusing. Sat on tarmac another hour plus I am elderly and needed to use the toilet that was not allowed. Flight attendants were not warm and friendly, we did not feel welcome. The meal was ok but my pop was warm as they did not offer ice. There was supposed to be a snack meal near the end of the flight but nothing was offered. Could not have coffee due to turbulence which for the whole trip was minimal. Kept seat belt sign on for most of flight making it difficult to use the toilet, in fact my husband was told he could not. We have been flying many years and Air Canada is not our carrier of choice due to attitude of staff. We will not be flying Air Canada again unless we have no other choice.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 September 2014 by Blow Joe    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

I recently flew ATH-YYZ on Rouge. It was much better than I expected - but I think that was probably mostly because I was in Premium Economy. The regular seating section really looked cramped, and passengers there did not look happy. The good: great flight crew. Yes, they are young, and yes they wear funny outfits (the hats are ridiculous!). But they were all really friendly, helpful, and attentive, and I saw no evidence of lack of knowledge. The seat was very comfortable - not business class, but definitely much roomier than even 'normal' economy. On time take off and landing, frequent drink service, and decent food (for an airline). The bad: the Premium seats seem to be anchored by some mechanism that completely blocks the under-seat space. That meant there was no room for my shoulder bag - which I have successfully placed under seats in much smaller aircraft. As others have noted, the iPad connection is not always reliable, and I had to restart it a couple of times.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  25 September 2014 by Good Brian    (Ireland)

We thought we were flying from Toronto to Dublin on a normal Air Canada flight and had not heard of Rouge until we arrived at the airport. We were there 4 hours before the flight, checked in at the self service kiosk and were not allocated seats, we were told this would be done at the gate. The gate did not open until about 30mins before departure, we asked about seat allocation and were told by a rather officious member of staff to sit and wait until we were called, so the flight is boarding and very late in the day we are called to be given our seats. There is some difficulty in finding 2 together for my wife and I but finally it happens, we walk the short distance to the plane to find our seats already occupied by 2 members of a family group. After a lot of faffing around the cabin crew finally split the family up by giving 2 of them an upgrade to the comfortable seats upfront while we are left in he hard cramped nasty ones in the main cabin. Only then do we discover this stupid nonsense with the lack of inflight entertainment unless you have an ipad with you and have downloaded their app which of course we had not been aware of. Altogether an unpleasant flight experience, doubly disappointing given Air Canada's supposed good reputation. I would not fly with them again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  25 September 2014 by Wayne Dillon    (Canada)

What a mistake they have made with this change. Definitely a disappointing experience, older aircraft, no price break, limited choice on non stop routes and poor entertainment options. We would have expected more from the Air Canada brand. Hopefully they will rethink this experiment and return to the standards we have come to expect from Air Canada.

1 2 3 4