Air France Passenger Reviews and Air France Customer Trip Reports

Air France Customer review :  13 January 2014 by L Reinstein    (USA)

LAX-CDG-LAX. A positive experience. On par with the best European carriers. A380 upper deck seats are not state-of-the-art but basically lie-flat and do the job. Big entertainment screen with great options. Service was excellent; lots of smiles and effort to make comfortable. Food was better out of Paris than LA. On return flight, plane's engine broke before take-off and airline put all passengers up at hotel for the night; business class got The Holiday Inn. The airline tried their best during a chaotic situation. Would fly again for sure.

Air France Customer review :  10 January 2014 by Barbara Brew    (UK)

Flew from Manchester to Kuala Lumpur changing at Paris CDG, the outbound connecting flight was operated by flybe. We did not have seat details for this leg until check in and they seemed very perplexed at the check-in counter about what to do about onward flights in business class. The girl on the desk did not even know where KL was! After boarding the flight there was a problem with the plane and after a wait we were moved onto a different, smaller plane and all allocated seat numbers then became obsolete and we ended up somewhere near the back. On the flight from Paris, the choice of main course had run out before they got to us on row 7! The food was ok, had better and had far worse, maybe my expectations were rather high with it being a French airline. The cabin staff were very good. The seats were flat but slightly angled and as a result not quite as comfortable as could have been. I also found the fabric of the seat a bit on the scratchy side and ended up having to put a blanket between me and the seat to make it more comfortable for sleeping. Was surprised on the return leg to find the plane stopped away from the terminal and we had to be bussed in, fortunately the plane was on time or this could have made catching our connection very tight. It was a very reasonable price and I would fly with them again if I could not get a good price from the likes of Emirates or Singapore airlines.

Air France Customer review :  8 January 2014 by Peter Kirtley    (UK)

Flew MAN-CDG-HAV return. The only problem was CDG, see airport review. I will use this airline again but only for direct flights not via CDG.

Air France Customer review :  7 January 2014 by Ladsous Francois    (China)

Flew CDG to PEK on new year's eve. Being a flying blue gold member I'd booked a seat by an exit for extra comfort (at no extra charge for gold and platinum members), but was reassigned to the back in the middle. When I protested, and pointed out that I'd booked another seat I was told there was nothing they could do except buy an upgrade to premium economy. The staff was obviously not thrilled to be flying on December 31st and that reflected in their cold, rather unfriendly demeanour, but that attitude is nothing new to people who fly AF regularly. The worst part is the old, outdated, barely-hanging-on cabin interior. My IFE kept resetting and the screen kept shaking with 3 second gaps where it would go dark. The rest of the seat was threadbare and the magazine holder at the bottom of the front seat was broken so that a bit of metal kept biting into my knee. When I chose to stand for a while just because my neighbours were infringing on my personal space and because my knee was hurting, I was told by a flight attendant to go stand at the back of the plane.

Air France Customer review :  7 January 2014 by Andy Dong    (USA)

Premuim Economy

Paris CDG to Shanghai in an A380 F-HPJH. Brand new A380, less than a year old. Very nice seat and entertainment program. Nice service, very good and caring Chinese interpreter. food was great. The only problem was that the seat wasn't very good for sleeping.

Air France Customer review :  7 January 2014 by Andy Dong    (USA)

BOS-CDG in business class on Boeing 777-200 F-GSPS. very old seats, small screen compared to the new one. only one meal served, no breakfast. seat comfort was all right. Overall very disappointing for business class.

Air France Customer review :  6 January 2014 by Brian Smith    (Japan)

NRT-CDG-AMS-LCY/LHR-CDG-NRT in business for the long hauls, and premium economy classes on the short hauls. This is my second Japan to Europe flight in a month with Air France and I was not disappointed. The staff are always accommodating and friendly, the food good and plentiful, the seats on the newer A380's comfortable (the older ones are a bit less so), and the connections easy in CDG. All flights were on time. My only complaint is that the seats in business are not lie flat, but they are to be changing this on the newly renovated 777s in the coming year. The CDG lounge in the 2E M gates is truly spectacular as far as interior design goes, though lacked any real food. Looking forward to yet another Air France trip in March.

Air France Customer review :  6 January 2014 by S Brown    (UK)

Flight from CDG to BKK, economy seats were cramped and uncomfortable. Air France have gone for as many seats as possible, even the cabin crew found it difficult to get the trolley through the very tight gangway. I will never fly Air France long haul economy again. Air France you need to revisit your seating plans.

Air France Customer review :  6 January 2014 by Andrew Sanderson    (UK)

Flew Edinburgh to Paris. Absolutely awful on an Avro in "Premium Economy". There's nothing premium about it except that you get the same food as business class - which isn't that special anyway. The seating is 3-3 and even for the normal sized it is very cramped - and the fares are obscene. If you must fly this route with air France/city jet either travel economy or business, "premium economy" is nothing other than a gigantic rip off. Truly awful.

Air France Customer review :  6 January 2014 by Marilyn Newman    (UK)

Flew Air France to Jo'burg premium economy. The staff put BA and Virgin to shame. Pleasant, helpful and very friendly. I would use again.

Air France Customer review :  4 January 2014 by Paul Clifford    (UK)

London to Madrid with connections in CDG. I only flew this route with AF because it was cheap. All the flights were on time. The seats were comfortable, staff friendly and very professional. The connections at CDG were very easy to make. I was very impressed.

Air France Customer review :  3 January 2014 by Miguel Ferreira    (Brazil)

GIG-CDG-LIS return flight in economy class. Intercontinental flights in B747, with seats that are only comfortable if the flight is not totally full. Service in economy good for a 11 hour flight, with dinner served after departure and breakfast at arrival. Cabin crew speak several languages and are available at anytime. Flights from CDG to LIS in A320, with uneventful service, ok for a 2h30 flight. Drinks served and a little snack (cream crackers). I chose AF for the fares and definitely recommend them for intercontinental flights.

Air France Customer review :  2 January 2014 by J Moen    (Australia)

Berlin-CDG. Old A320. Looking tired and old. PE = 2 rows behind 3 rows of Business, separated by curtain from Economy. Seating = 3x3. Business also 3x3 with middle seat blocked. Purser looked after BC and PE. Drinks/food service in PE identical to BC. Wouldn't bother paying the additional to travel Business on such a short flight when PE has the same service. Appeared that Economy was not offered an alcohol service. Drinks were acceptable (champagne offered ) and food was above expectations. Neatly packaged, tasty, and well presented. 2nd beverage service offered with tea/coffee. Nothing seemed rushed on a short flight of 1hr 25mins. Would travel short haul AF Premium Economy again. As others have said, seats hard and there was no inflight entertainment, however not required for such a short flight.

Air France Customer review :  30 December 2013 by Eden Vance    (USA)

Flew to Lisbon last minute, so I was not able to get a non-stop flight. There were two legs to my trip, JFK-CDG then CDG-LIS. Before I arrived at the airport, Air France issued us one boarding pass that worked for both our flights. Flight scheduled to leave at 7.15. However, the morning of the flight, we received a notification that our flight had been delayed 2 hours. Upon arrival at JFK, staff were very friendly and updated us. Lounge in JFK was the nicest I have seen, excellent food, spacious and comfortable. JFK-CDG was aboard an A380. Boarding took place through two gates, so did not take as long as I thought, made comfortable by the fact that Air France was sensitive to the boarding time and distributed drinks, hot towels and an amenities kit while economy was boarding. Staff spoke excellent English, and announcements were made in both French and English. Flight attendants were friendly, the seats fully reclined and the pillow and blanket were comfortable. Plane was clean and bathrooms spacious. Individual TV's with plenty of choice. Passengers kept well informed throughout. Upon arrival in Paris, immigration took about 5 seconds. A little disappointed with the lounge at CDG. Flight to Lisbon delayed 40 minutes. Flight aboard a B737. Service on this flight was surly. Overall, I would definitely take the transatlantic flight again but would try to avoid the CDG-LIS flight.

Air France Customer review :  16 December 2013 by R Morrell    (UK)

Booked seat Paris to Singapore months ago, 2 seats together with my wife. 7 days before flight they change the seats, my wife and I on separate sides of the plane. Contact Air France who refuse to change our seats. 4 days before our flight we find we have no seats allocated and are told we may get seats together when we check in. What a terrible way to treat customers. Their customer relations service is abysmal. Will not travel again with this company and hope that this information will make other people wary of travelling with this company.