Air France Passenger Reviews and Air France Customer Trip Reports

Air France Customer review :  21 March 2014 by Jabbour Daniello    (France)

CDG-RUH-CDG, 7 hours flight from Paris to Riyadh. Departure and landing was on time however a minor incident happened in Riyadh where the plane was kept on the taxiway for about 20 mins because it had nowhere to park. Crew friendly and helpful. Very clean cabin with good food - CDG-RUH breakfast and RUH-CDG dinner. Alcoholic beverages weren't served when we where in Saudi airspace but once we left it I enjoyed a nice glass of champagne. Good experience, highly recommended.

Air France Customer review :  19 March 2014 by W Ford    (UK)

LHR to Jo'burg and back via Paris in Jan 2014. Full flight CDG to Jo'burg but very good service, food, films. Return less busy and had 3 seats to myself which was great overnight on a long flight.. Connections each way at CDG very smooth and in same terminal which helped. Last flew with Air France on business from Sanaa to Paris quite a long time back and although in 1st class was not impressed. Much improved airline on the basis of these last 4 flights.

Air France Customer review :  18 March 2014 by S Kirschner    (USA)

We recently flew from Detroit to Paris on Air France. Seats were crammed into spaces and not lined up evenly! Absolutely no room to move and when the person in front of us reclined, they were in our laps! To get out of our seats, we had to climb over arm rests because there was absolutely no leg room. I am a small person so you can imagine how uncomfortable this had to be for a larger person. I will never fly this airline again! No room to breathe, horrible food, miserable trip!

Air France Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Pierre-Jean Trebuchet    (UAE)

GIG (Rio de Janeiro)-CDG-BCN. A poor flight from the beginning to the end. My luggage was 4kgs overweight at check-in. In order to avoid charges, AF agent proposed me to purchase a hand cabin luggage at the airport, and carry it with me in cabin. So did I. Luggage went through general security check, however at the boarding gate, I was asked to check it in without explanation. Equipment was a grotty A330-200, very reduced pitch, IFE was not working, cabin crew were incredibly rude and Chef de Cabine was behaving like a jail keeper. Food was inedible with very small portions, toilets were dirty and smelly with no soap available. Arrival at CDG: dirty airport, rude police agents, absent ground staff. CDG-BCN was delayed without explanation and, to end the bad dream, second piece of luggage (hand cabin bag) did not fly to BCN and was kept at GIG. Needless to say never again with Air France, KLM nor any SkyTeam member (by far the worst alliance all around the world).

Air France Customer review :  14 March 2014 by J Shortreed    (Canada)

Paid for exit row seats on flight from Paris to Toronto, reserved 4 months in advance as I am 6ft 5 in tall and need extra leg room. They oversold exit row seats and provided only one of the two exit row seats purchased (me and spouse), then like pulling teeth to get them to look at it and they refused to compensate the $70 for the exit row seat on the basis that we got a seat even if it was not exit row and even though we were seated in separate rows. Unbelievable customer service, especially when all along they agreed on all the facts above.

Air France Customer review :  14 March 2014 by Khera Chander    (Canada)

I travelled in Premium Economy from Toronto to New Delhi on February 24 2014 and returned on March 8 2014. Seats were very uncomfortable - no recline. Food was the same as in Economy Class. You have to travel back to the aircraft for toilet with the Economy Class passengers. No airport lounge access. Had to pay $55 at the Paris airport for lounge access. Lounge was good.

Air France Customer review :  13 March 2014 by M Hetsch    (France)

Flight AF165, BKK-CDG on March 9. B777-300, plane was full, big disappointment is the service during the flight, better said no service. After take off lunch served, food ok for economy, cheap sour wine came with the food. After that for about 9 hours no service from PNC, they kept snacks and drinks in the rear and front galley, but how can passengers get out from the middle seat. 1 hour prior to landing there was a small food service again.

Air France Customer review :  12 March 2014 by Wodkiewicz Piotr    (Germany)

I have flown Air France on my return trip from GRU-CDG-TXL. The check-in GRU was very chaotic, but the positive aspect was that I was upgraded to Premium Economy, which is better on an almost 12 hour flight. The AVOD on the B777-300 was quite outdated, but the service was amazing and extremely nice. Everyone spoke Portuguese, which was great for me. The food was very good. The seat comfort was worse than on KLM. The transfer in CDG was a breeze even though I had a 40 minute connection. The flight to TXL was uneventful and had the service was just professional. I would recommend to fly on Air France.

Air France Customer review :  7 March 2014 by I Ilieff    (USA)

TXL-CDG-LAX. Both flights on time, CDG-LAX on A380, special meal request honored, good IFE, clean cabin that was maintained during the flight, most staff courteous and helpful. Wheelchair assistance requested for both CDG and LAX, upon arrival in CDG none was available, so my accompanying passenger had to walk the long distance between CDG Terminals 2F and 2L by herself. Somewhat compensated by security staff letting us use the Priority line for passport control and boarding. CDG-LAX: Usually after the meal service the majority of the cabin staff would go to their rest area and the cabin would be darkened. Well, not on Air France. Before disappearing, the cabin crew left a few trolleys loaded with snacks and drinks in the aft galley, so that area turned into the most popular spot on the plane. My seat was in row 45, immoderately after the galley bulkhead, so I was pulled into the bar action. At one time, I counted about 25 people crammed into the galley area. There were several groups of 3-4 people each, who just hung out for what seemed hours, kept drinking alcohol and were becoming louder and louder. As all the lights in the galley were left on and as the curtain was open all the time due to the high passenger traffic, the entire aft cabin was brightly illuminated and rendered the otherwise great concept of mood lighting completely useless. The economy class purser arrived shortly thereafter and listened to my complaint and then explained that it was airline policy not to provide beverages and snack runs between the meals, as most airlines do, but to keep the galley fully opened to the passengers for self-service. The party went on for the next 5 hours, until the FA's were back and the second meal/beverage service was started. All in all this was a very unpleasant experience showing the complete lack of effort from the FAs and the pursers to rectify a situation in which a passenger was being inconvenienced. My recommendation: if you want to sleep on the AF 380, stay clear of the aft main deck cabin (rows 45 and up).