Air France Passenger Reviews and Air France Customer Trip Reports

Air France Customer review :  28 May 2014 by S McCabe    (USA)

JFK-CDG on 05/06/2014 and then CDG-JFK on 05/20/2014. Both flights were very smooth with minimal turbulence during both flights. Staff service on both flights were very good. Dinner, snacks and drinks were served in a timely fashion. Seats were comfortable. On the return flight, two rows ahead of me were vacant so a few of us were moved into them to break up the row and give us more space. I chose the Italian dinner from the A La Carte menu. Much tastier than dinners I've had on other airlines. Solid selection of Movies/TV/Music and the headphones provided were good quality. One of the better airlines I've flown with. Very positive experience.

Air France Customer review :  28 May 2014 by R Donnelly    (USA)

We flew from Atlanta to Paris. From the minute we entered the international terminal in Atlanta GA to the minute we left Paris on an Air Austria flight bound for Vienna I have nothing but wonderful things to say about AF. The staff in Atlanta went beyond their job description to make our check in and transition to the jet as perfect as it could be. Yes the food isn't gourmet but it was hot, tasty and filling. We had a decent Merlot and our stewardess served us each 2 little bottles of VSOP Cognac. The cabin was clean and comfortable. A great selection of movies. There was more leg room than on domestic flights. Service was kind and considerate. The cabin was darkened and it was quiet and easy to rest. We were served a basic fruit/coffee/muffin breakfast, nothing fancy but it was OK. All in all the best thing about AF is the people.

Air France Customer review :  27 May 2014 by D Gillett    (USA)

Flew Tel Aviv to Paris, 5/26/14. Unbelievably awful. Not updated. Cramped seats, same as coach but with a few inches more leg room. Only reclined a few inches. Can't lie down. Hard to get out from window seat. Food wasn't good. No wine. Really, it was awful. What a complete waste. I can't believe they got away with calling it Business Class. I hear they are upgrading, but I won't be back.

Air France Customer review :  27 May 2014 by N Francis    (UK)

NCL-CDG-BOG-CDG-NC.L Decent fare during Air France sale, and added benefit of avoiding overnight stay in MAD, or transit through PTY with KLM. A little apprehensive after reading a few past reviews. Air France treat you excellently in Affaires, and it does feel a little like business class used to be - something special. Short hop from Newcastle on time - nice breakfast served and CityJet crew couldn't have been nicer. We'd been warned about transit at CDG, with most saying that 90 mins 'wasn't nearly enough' to make the connection. Arrived and left out of 2E, which is clean and modern, with easy signage. The flight connections centre has lots of screens detailing the departure gate of your next flight. With Sky Priority everything, we were through security in 3 minutes and in the lounge at 2E within 20 mins of landing (you don't need to clear passport control as UK is outside Shengen anyway). Lounge at CDG nice, although slight absence of food, but we weren't hungry as had just been fed. Boarding onto Airbus A340 with Sky Priority was pain free. Welcomed on board by charming and good- humoured crew. Despite the age of these aircraft, the cabin looked and felt new. The seats were very comfortable, and nearly full flat - just off 180 degrees horizontal. I'm 6ft and had no issues getting a great 4 hours sleep. Food-wise, we were welcomed with champagne and juice. Shortly after our on-time take off, menus were brought round. The amuse-bouche followed (more champagne), cold salmon starter, choice for 4 mains, cheese, desserts, and digestifs. A buffet was set up at the rear of the cabin, and crew were on hand if you needed anything. There was an Express option of meals if you wanted it. The only minor gripe I had was that there are only 2 toilets in business class cabin. In Bogota, bags off in 10 minutes. Return trip much the same - Air France uses the LAN lounge which was excellent. Crew couldn't have been better and inflight services were all excellent. The IFE doesn't have the range of Emirates but had enough recent films/TV to keep me going. I prefer the personalised service at AF over robotic EK crew. While I can get by in basic French (which was appreciated by staff) my travel partner was English speaking and was treated equally well. I'd recommend AF business to anyone for a long haul trip, and CDG was a dream to transit through (although may be a different story in economy).

Air France Customer review :  26 May 2014 by M Stefanovic    (USA)

JFK to Belgrade via Paris. Outbound we traveled in business and returned in premium economy. Awful experience in both classes. It was worse on return in premium economy. The plane was old and dirty, seats very uncomfortable. The food was awful. Stale breads, lack of taste, small portions. We were refused entry to the lounge on return in Paris, even though the premium economy tickets state that we are permitted to use the business class lounge. I would not fly Air France again. And on the way out they lost our luggage, all four pieces. There was absolutely no help with connecting flights in Paris. There was not one person that we ran across at the airport who was helpful.

Air France Customer review :  25 May 2014 by V Vaz    (Portugal)

Lisbon - Paris - Havana + Havana - Paris - Lisbon. On the way to Havana everything went ok, there was an entertainment system onboard with recent movies and tv shows, though I would have appreciated a little more offer. The food was good for airline meal. The check in was efficient in Lisbon and in Paris, but not so much on Havana. The flight back departed with an hour or so delayed, because the crew of the flight arrived late, making me lose my connecting flight to Lisbon, with more than 4 hours difference from what was schedule. I was offered a voucher for a sandwich + drink. I won't fly again with Air France, because even though nothing serious happened, it could have, because they showed at various levels lack of reliability. They offer good discounts sometimes and their economy class is very good; but if you like punctuality you should look for other airliners.

Air France Customer review :  21 May 2014 by M Cooper    (UK)

The Air France Experience was "could do better". Our morning flight from Birmingham to Tunis, yesterday was an experience. We checked in on time with two suit cases, for our short journey to Paris (CDG). Flight was enjoyable, however the breakfast was poor, croissant stale, service slow. There were no signs at CDG telling us where our next connection was. All it needed was a screen at the exit to show the flights, desks and connecting details. It left us wondering around between L & D2 and the Duty Free. Fortunately, the plane took off late so we did not miss our connection. However, the reason why it was late, some passengers did not check in, so bags were unloaded (including ours as we later found out to our cost), and on arriving in Tunis, one of our bags was missing. After a long wait in the baggage hall, we , with several other passengers, who had the Air France experience, reported the loss, but as no one there could speak English we left, hoping that our bag would be sent on to us. Twenty four hours later, it was not. We are still waiting for someone from the line to explain and return our luggage. Air France is no better than Ryanair for it's service or passenger concern, and the cabin crew need retraining in customer service.

Air France Customer review :  21 May 2014 by N Kimmeskamp    (Germany)

NRT to CDG. Staff courteous but not attentive nor particularly warm or friendly. Like the experiences of other reviewers here, after the first meal had been cleared away, the crew appeared once with water and once with ice-cream then disappeared before serving breakfast. Meals were poor but a selection of snacks (hot soup, sandwiches, cookies and drinks) were available in the galley. The entertainment system was a disappointment after flying this route several times over the last years with other airlines. The personal screen was small and hard to see and movie choices very limited, especially for children. My biggest complaint was the standards of cleanliness. The plane was obviously quite old (with ashtrays still on the doors at the back) and looked a little worse for wear (toilets looked particularly grubby) but there is no excuse for the lack of cleaning. When I unclipped my try for the first meal, there was a used tissue stuck in there and the tray was covered in crumbs. Someone had either been sick over or spilled their lunch over the (very bulky) airline magazine in the seat pocket of my daughter, leaving it sticky and smelly. Somehow staff were unable to regulate the temperature in the plane and it was quite cold (other passengers wrapping themselves up in whatever they had with them)- aside from 45 minutes or so in the middle of the night when the heating system had obviously been turned on full-blast and the cabin turned into an oven. The blankets looked very tatty and dirty and, when released from their meaningless plastic bag, proved to be covered in thick, long black hairs. I opened all the bags of our party of four and they were all equally as filthy so went unused. In terms of value, we booked the flight 9 months in advance and got a decent price but I hope I never have to use AirFrance again.

Air France Customer review :  21 May 2014 by Susan Howlin    (UK)

I booked an Edinburgh to Perpignan flight with Air France and to my surprise, I received no frequent flyer miles. Nothing in the documents I have printed indicate this, and at GBP 376 it was not the cheapest option. Today I received an email saying they reward my loyalty and that "it always earns you more miles." Air France certainly needs to look at their service, especially as with code sharing their clients have a chance to compare them with other carriers.

Air France Customer review :  18 May 2014 by C Galloway    (Australia)

SIN-CDG for particular schedule and price, won't do again unless they have a complete overhaul of facilities. Business class was just poor and mean, the 2-3-2 seating is unacceptable - had preselected aisle seat but when went to checkin online had been put in a middle seat. There was one available aisle left, row 12 with toilets behind. Everything was just tacky, lots of plastic, and plastic wrapping on amenities - having disposable covers for the headphones is unpleasant - but probably necessary since the headphones appear fixed in the seat. Entertainment offerings were basic, food exceedingly average. amenities pack basic, blanket made of that rather nasty artificial velour-type material that feels like it will give you an electric shock. Seats uncomfortable, headrest juts forwards, armrests solid so can't use as arm rests. They may be upgrading their business class but should be discounting what they offer - I travel frequently and I've had better food, entertainment systems and amenities in other airline's premium economy. This experience was by far the least of any business class I've flown in the last 5 years. Staff were fine, doing their job politely.

Air France Customer review :  12 May 2014 by O Thompson    (UK)

Flew LHR-CDG-SIN Business class. After having read the reviews on here I wasn't really sure what to expect - and was pleasantly surprised. The seat was very comfortable, most so in a reclining position. When converted to bed, was less so, but none the less satisfactory. The service was really good, very friendly and professional, having recently taken Singapore Airlines on the same route I had low expectations. Food was lovely - quality, good presentation and flavoursome. The IFE was not the best; difficult to navigate around, cumbersome - however had some interesting films. Overall, I would recommend them for long hall business. Very pleasant journey and very reasonably priced.

Air France Customer review :  11 May 2014 by Karim Lankarany    (Germany)

AF Premium Economy is an upgrade to an already good Economy product, at least on the Airbus A380. Noteworthy - and better than on BA - is that on short-haul flights to Pairs with Air France, PE passengers are seated in Business and receive business class service. Only the middle seat is not free as in Business. On my flight from CDG to SFO the crew were very friendly, the food was good and the PE seats provide a lot of private space. I could sleep for a few hours, but people who complain that the shell seats are too hard will be pleased to hear that AF also replaces the cushions in the A380 seats (and improve the touchscreen). You get an amenity kit, sky priority boarding and check in, plus a slightly better main meal. No pre-flight cocktails and certainly not the enhanced catering as on Air New Zealand. However, if you need to work and/or want to watch a few movies in a comfortable environment and cannot afford business class, then AF PE is definitely worth checking out.

Air France Customer review :  7 May 2014 by Sima Levina    (Ireland)

Flight cancelled by 24 hours because the plane was leaking (which they only found out when we have already boarded). Long awaited vacations had to be cut short by this whole day, as even though we were in their head quarters in Paris, they had no airplanes to replace this. We had to wait in a bed and breakfast next to the hotel for the whole day and night and Air France offered no compensation, terrible customer handling, no one properly explains anything, their personnel are rude, entertainment screen for my husband did not work on the flight, the staff are surprised by upset customers. We flew the next day, wish we had never flown with them, just a ruined start to a long awaited vacation and no customer service, considering that we paid over 2000 euros for the flights. Terrible airline, no customer service, airplanes broken, in such a competitive market I have no idea how they still exist.

Air France Customer review :  6 May 2014 by C Wajsberg    (Israel)

If this is first class let me go back to business class. On an airbus A380 between JNB and CDG. No pre take off drink as no welcome drink. Service just average, food nothing great. Do not know if 1st class product is up to it from AF, was extremely disappointed and will not pay such a high price for such a bad service.

Air France Customer review :  5 May 2014 by Michel Holu    (France)

Flew from Paris to Cayenne on April 2014 in business class. Overall, good experience, nice lounge in Paris Orly West, fast track to go quickly from customs and police. Good seating on board with a 2x2x2 configuration, angle lie flat NEV4 seat but very comfortable. Good food and excellent champagne. The crew were very attentive at every moment. I noticed Air France will change soon business class seat on international haul flights on a 1x2x1 configuration, I hope it will soon include flights to the Caribbean.

Air France Customer review :  2 May 2014 by Robert Craft    (Canada)

January 2014 - AF 347, Montreal - CDG and AF 342, from CDG to Montreal in business. Experienced the usual insult again by the AF staff. If you are not French you don't count at AF, even if you do your best to address the staff in French. Big difference with the friendliness shown by the staff a sister company KLM. Seats are OK, but I don't understand that when AF overhauled their business class some years ago they didn't go for flat beds (even not on the brand new A380). Food is OK, although why is the bread always stale?

Air France Customer review :  25 April 2014 by Smith Winthrop    (USA)

AF0111, Shanghai-Paris, 25 Jan 2014 - Business Class. Nice A380 despite cabin too warm. After all the promotion for this plane and then at the meal they run out of food. You are offered either Chinese or Vegetarian trays you walk away with a bad taste in your mouth. You truly think that after one week of Chinese food I want Vegetarian or Chinese? Which part of "Business Class" do they fail to understand.

Air France Customer review :  23 April 2014 by B Kirsch    (UK)

Flew LHR-CDG-GIG in business class. The seats were normal on both sectors but we were disappointed with the IFE system which was very cumbersome. The crew were very friendly. The food offerings on the long haul sector were often way too complicated. Equally the promised buffet available throughout was non existent which made for a very long and hungry flight. Would only use again if price were right.

Air France Customer review :  22 April 2014 by C Wajsberg    (Israel)

Houston to Tel Aviv. Flight from Houston to Paris very old 777. Small personal screens. Very hard seats. Food as on many AF flights has become lousy. After dinner all staff disappeared beside an ice cream service. Flight from Paris to Tel Aviv same as the past several years. Small A320. Hard seats no personal TV and bad food. With prices AF is charging there many options out there and better service.

Air France Customer review :  20 April 2014 by Ezecollins Diala    (Ireland)

DUB-CDG-ABV. I flew AF 3 times on this route in 2013 and have to say there's been a tremendous improvement with on board food in Economy compared to their competitors. Also, the flight attendants were courteous and actually smiled which was great especially in comparison to the "smile less" Lufthansa flight attendants. The inflight entertainment selection was ok. However, the coach transfers is a pain really but other than that, AF is cool on this route and equally offers good fare prices to same. Its AF for now and the foreseeable future.