Aerolineas Argentinas Customer Reviews and Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  29 June 2013 by Nathan Hunt (Australia)

Flight between Sydney and Buenos Aires was pretty good. Staff were friendly and spoke English! Once I arrived in Buenos Aires this changed. Next flight was to Sao Paulo but they refer to it as San Pablo. This flight was delayed a couple of hours but the staff were pretty good. Once I arrived at Sao Paulo the service was not as good but still okay. Staff seem tired and run down. Staff at the gate could not decide which gate the airline was at. If your a person of English speaking background and don't know much Spanish or Portuguese, it pays to find someone to translate. I flew to Curitiba and the service was excellent and staff were friendly! We arrived on time. On the way back my flight got delayed and was going to be diverted from Buenos Aires due to poor weather. A nice stewardess kept me informed of this. Staff were very professional with the delay too. Overall a great experience.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  24 June 2013 by Gonzalo Bouquet (USA)

Miami to Buenos Aires. The cabin service was a disaster, staff treated passengers in a disrespectful manner. Is only worth flying with them if you need leg room and have to take extra luggage. Seats are in a bad condition, amenities - many of them do not work at all and the selection is very poor.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  22 June 2013 by J Noronha (Brazil)

We bought this ticket to fly from Sao Paulo to Sydney, everything went wrong from the beginning. Our flight was delayed 10 hours on the way to Sydney, and on the way back, they cancelled the flight. After 9 hours we were sent to a hotel near the airport, no employee of the Airline anywhere. Bought a new ticket from Lan airlines.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  29 May 2013 by L Charles (Australia)

SYD-EZE-GIG-IGR-EZE-SYD Plus AEP-FTE-AEP. What a great airline for the price. We flew Club Condor class ex SYD. Before buying the ticket I researched the airline so I would know what to expect. It exceeded my expectations. Got the above ticket for AUD 3700.00 The only sectors in economy were AEP-FTE-AEP. Of the 7 flights all left on time except one and that only was delayed 20 mins. Food was great, service was great. If you wanted anything they were more than obliging to help. Will definitely fly AR again.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  27 May 2013 by J Pires (Australia)

Australia to Brazil. I had no problems at all during the flight. No delays, service wasn't that bad, and staff were friendly. I wasn't able to eat the food served because my agent (nothing to do with AA) forgot to send the request for vegetarian food (must be done when the booking is made), and they didn't have much options for non- meat eaters. There's no entertainment at all. You pay what you get, for the price I paid, I am satisfied.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  5 May 2013 by L Trindade (Australia)

My flight was overbooked and I was forced to stay in Brazil for extra 3 days. Staff at Rio airport are very rude. No apology from staff for not having a place for me and my son to return to Sydney. I also lost time at work which I was not paid for. All of this for choosing to travel with Aerolineas Argentinas for many years. I now will travel with any other airline, never Aerolineas Argentinas again.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  29 April 2013 by B Jays (Australia)

We flew Club Condor (business class) from Sydney to Buenos Aires and then on Austral (regional airline) to Rio and back. It is obviously an airline of a country in economic crisis. Aircraft used on the SYD-EZE-SYD route is like stepping back into 1975. Big old recliner seats (not flat), 3 scheduled movies on a continuous loop. No laptop power etc. The service is very basic to other carriers. AA club condor service is similar to what's offered in economy on other carriers. This is an extremely long flight, close to 16 hours yet AA still doesn't use their brand new Airbus with lie flat beds, I believe this is used to Madrid and back for obvious reasons. The crew on all sectors didn't really want to be there. EZE-SYD is one of the longest flights in the world made even longer by the aircraft and the service. We would choose to go with Qantas/LAN via Santiago in future trips to South America.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  29 April 2013 by S Collier (UK)

Sydney - Buenos Aries, 19th March 2013. Quite the worst business class flight we have experienced. Only good things to say about it is it arrived safely on time after a 13 hr.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  22 April 2013 by J McCollim (Australia)

Sydney to Buenos Aires and return in April 2013 in business class. Yes it's an old aircraft and the seats are only the old lounge chair type. Also the entertainment is limited. But they are replacing the A340-200 with a 300 series later this year so that should solve these problems. The business class check in was performed meticulously and lounge access given at both airports. Priority boarding was strictly enforced. The on board service was friendly and very personal. My coat snatched away and hung up as soon as I arrived at my seat. The catering was adequate and appropriate for such a long flight. Main courses were presented and served from a trolley in the cabin. They did offer fast track on departure but not on arrival. Still the airport in Sydney was so quiet it was unnecessary. One small criticism is that the Sydney arrival cards were in Spanish. Not easy for us Aussies. The price paid for the ticket represented unbelievable value. I'd fly the again without hesitation.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  19 April 2013 by D New (Australia)

SYD-EZE, no online check in, a real mess at the check in even though Qantas were doing it. Food out on the night flight was okay, but could only have 1 half glass of wine. Trip back, again no online check in, be at the airport 3 hrs before but had to stand around for 50 mins before any processing began. Was told 3 weeks before the flight it would be delayed 20 mins - got to the Airport it was shown to be 1 hr delay but eventually the 8.30am flight departed at 11am. Food was dreadful, but this time could get more than 1 glass of wine. There was no explanation as to why the flight was delayed. Experienced similar on Austral (a subsidiary) had to be there 2hrs before and it still departed late. Iguazu-Salta cheese sandwich offered, which was thicker - the bread or cheese? No online check in but their adds tell a different story.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  4 April 2013 by Lyn Lindfield (Australia)

My husband and I recently travelled on Aerolineas Argentinas from Buenos Aires. There was no facility for web check-in or to have our seats pre-allocated prior to check-in. We arrived more than 2 hours prior to the flight to be told that the only way we could sit together was to take 2 middle seats in the centre row of the plane. The A340 has a 2-4-2 configuration. In such a configuration 50% of the seats are aisle seats. However, it appeared that almost all had been pre-allocated prior to the ordinary check-in opening. In the end we were offered an aisle and a middle seat in the very back row. It is time that Aerolineas recognized that families are entitled to expect to sit together on long haul flights without having to take the worst seats on the plane. Other airlines manage to do this, why cant Aerolineas?

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  19 March 2013 by B Aspres (Australia)

SYD-EZE-SYD. Only use AR to get from SYD to EZE if you can't avoid it! The seats are rock hard but with better leg room than many. No on-line check-in or seat selection. No early bag drops on transfers meaning I had to wait for 3 hours at EZE before passing through immigration. (At 2am.) No in-seat entertainment and the two in-cabin screens-and sound - only worked part of the time. The same low res movies shown in both directions. The food coming back from EZE was the worst I have ever had on an airline, with a tiny dried-up croissant, tiny hard roll and insipid yoghurt offered as breakfast and pasta with a teaspoon of tasteless tomato sauce for lunch. I could not even get any pepper when I asked. Red wine was good, though. Food out of SYD was much better. Excellent new terminal C at Ezeiza and 57 nice, new aircraft in Argentina - pity these advancements don't extend to the Australian part of the operation. Contrary to a lot of the other reviews, I found the staff to be friendly and helpful.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  10 January 2013 by Suzanne Warmerdam (Australia)

Sydney-Buenos Aires. We arrived safely which is about the only good thing I can say about this flight. The first time a crew member smiled was saying goodbye as we left the plane. No IFE to speak of, no drinks (water) offered after dinner, no snacks, lights turned off and staff disappeared. Breakfast was cake and very cold solid bread roll. Very poor. Not looking forward to return flight home.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  22 December 2012 by Tom Wise (Argentina)

I'm a frequent business class customer, although on domestic flights this 'business class' turns into 'club economy'. It is hard to understand that the most expensive seats carry the name 'economy' attached to them. The catering service is very poor, excluding alcoholic drinks and real food, which is replaced by sandwiches served in a a very 'low cost' style box.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  19 November 2012 by D Walker (Australia)

Sydney to Buenos Aires. Was travelling on the great unknown with this airline so I kept my expectation's low. Plane full with lots of legroom for 18 year old plane. Food was ok with snacks and drinks which you had to get yourself. Great views of the Antarctica, if only the staff would let us see, most of the flight the shades were kept down. Bring your own entertainment, but they did show a couple of movies. For $1200 round-trip plus 2 internal flights I really can't complain.

Aerolineas Argentinas Customer review :  29 October 2012 by J Eckerborm (USA)

After a six month assignment in Argentina, flying almost only Aerolineas Argentinas and Austral, I was pleasantly surprised with the experience. Almost 30 domestic flights and no cancellations, only one significant delay (3 hours) due to airport strike. Service good to excellent, free snack (5-8 dollar value to US domestic standards), beverages offered once or twice (even on flights under an hour), Flight attendants friendly and efficient. I am impressed it is now better than any domestic option in the US.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8